Perhaps not everyone knows, but lemon is a fruit, even if not sweet.
One such fruit contains daily dose of vitamin C - about a third of this dose is contained in lemon juice.
About 5 percent citric acid is contained in one lemon. It allows you to use lemon for prevent oxidation (brownish color) of fruits such as: apples, avocados, bananas, etc.
Among other things, lemon rich in vitamins B, P, A and E. There are many more interesting things about lemons and their benefits.
Learn about some interesting ways to use lemons.
Dead skin cells can be removed with the help of alpha and beta hydroxy acids, which are contained in lemon. It is also worth noting that lemon can be used to combat acne, as well as pigmentation. There are several recipes for making scrubs based on lemons, and some scrubs can be found already prepared in specialized stores.
You can make your lemon peeling:
1. Use a grater to grate the lemon zest.
2. Put 100 g of sour cream and 5-8 drops of rosemary oil in a container with zest.
3. Apply the mixture to the skin and rinse after 15-20 minutes. This procedure is recommended to do 1-2 times a week.
Seasoning for fish and meat
Create a spicy blend using black pepper, salt, garlic, onion, and of course lemon zest (you can add turmeric to it). This seasoning is suitable for fish and meat dishes. Here's how to make a mixture:
1. Grate the zest and place in a bowl.
2. Sprinkle some black pepper or a mixture of several peppers.
3. Stir the whole mixture.
4. Spread the mixture evenly on baking paper (on a tray).
5. Place the Tray in the oven at the lowest temperature and leave for about an hour. Occasionally check the condition of the seasoning.
6. Next, pour the mixture into a grinder and grind.
7. After grinding, you can add salt to the mixture - but this is not necessary - and mix again.
This mixture can be used all year round.
If you like lemon tea, you will love this recipe.
1. Rub the zest of two lemons and place it in a plastic container. (Peel from one lemon is suitable for 2-3 cups of tea).
2. Sprinkle sugar over the top - the peel produces natural oils that are absorbed into the sugar.
3. Stir the mixture well and leave for about an hour to dry the zest.
4. Now the mixture can be added to tea. When the mixture ends, you can just add a little sugar, but you can not add the zest.
* It is worth noting that lemon sugar can also be used in the preparation of some cocktails.
Prepare a bowl that can be used in the microwave, fill it in half with water, add a little lemon juice (a couple drops) and put it in the microwave.
Turn the oven on for 3-5 minutes. Water should boil off, and condensate will remain on its walls. Wipe this condensate with a towel and ready.
Clean and nice
Cutting boards:With a solution of lemon juice and water, you can clean the chopping plates and remove the unpleasant smell from them.
Plastic containers: toIn addition to this lemon zest, you can clean plastic containers, getting rid of not only odors, but also stains.
Mirrors: they can also be cleaned with a solution of lemon juice and water. You need 2 tablespoons of juice for 2 liters of water.
Make a solution of lemon juice and sunflower oil in a ratio of 1 to 2 and wipe them furniture - it will be almost like new.
50 brilliant ways to use lemon in everyday life and household
Lemon, perhaps the most useful product on earth. Therefore, you should always have 2-3 pieces of this amazing citrus in your fridge. And today you will learn some more incredibly useful ways to use lemon in the economy!
50 ways to use a lemon that you really like!
1. Ant remedies
Ants, who often become our neighbors, do not tolerate the smell of citrus. Therefore, if you rub the baseboards, floor and work surfaces in the kitchen with lemon juice, annoying insects leave your home.
2. Remedy for flies, mosquitoes and moths
Cut 3-4 lemons in half and stick 6-7 grains of cloves into each half and you will get an excellent natural repellent. Flies and mosquitoes will keep clear of the area of spreading the aroma and fly around, for example, your table for a meal or an open gazebo. And if you put such lemon in a closet with clothes, then you will get a good alternative to naphthalene or lavender (the classic "weapon" in the fight against moths).
3. Universal cleaner
Pour 150 ml. vinegar in a spray bottle with lemon peel, and let this mixture infuse overnight. The next morning, add 150 ml. water and use a cleaner to clean different surfaces.
4. Detergent - 2
From lemon peel and vinegar can be made an effective universal remedy for cleaning and disinfection. To do this, lemon peels need to soak in vinegar for two weeks, strain, add water and pour into a bottle with dispenser. The resulting tool can be used to clean the floor and any other surfaces in the house.
5. Remove stains from berries
Wash hands with lemon juice to remove berry stains. If the stain is on clothing, then soak the stain in lemon juice and leave it for a few minutes.
6. Clean the cutting board
In spite of the fact that wooden chopping boards are very convenient to use, odors accumulate on their surfaces and bacteria actively multiply. Regular and high-quality care will help keep the boards clean. Sprinkle salt on the surface of the cutting board, take half a lemon and wipe the surface. Repeat the procedure once a week.
7. Stainless steel cleaning
Use the same method with lemon and baking soda to clean the surface of stainless steel.
8. Cleaning chrome surfaces
Lemon is an elegant natural cleanser for chrome-plated surfaces. So feel free to use lemon slices to polish any metal surfaces in your home.
9. Lingerie will be brighter!
Soak the laundry in lemon juice mixed with soda for half an hour before throwing it into the washing machine.
10. Natural tonic
Add a teaspoon of soda and lemon juice to a glass of mineral water, and drink this mixture every morning for two weeks. This will help improve digestion, cleanse the liver, reduce bad cholesterol and provide a dose of vitamin C.
11. Keep your nails strong
Soak your nails in warm water by adding a few drops of lemon juice. Such baths will help to quickly strengthen your marigolds.
12. Lemon candles
Cut the lemon in half and scrape the insides. Pour the wax into the zest and add the wick.
13. Clarify freckles.
Regularly rub your face with lemon peel to lighten freckles.
14. Get rid of unpleasant smell of shoes.
Leave the lemon zest in the shoes, and in the morning you will not feel an unpleasant smell.
15. How to strengthen the immune system
Drink a glass of warm water with lemon and honey on an empty stomach to strengthen the immune system and improve digestion. Such water will help and normalize blood pressure, and raise your mood.
16. Grow seedlings
Squeeze lemon juice and fill the zest with earth. Add seeds, and some more earth. Do not forget to water everything. Your sprouts will be fed and strengthened by the natural nutrients contained in lemon rind.
17. Updating household appliances
Dampen a sponge in lemon juice and wipe the fridge to get rid of the unpleasant smell.
18. Wash basin for fingers
If you decide to have a picnic, then pour some water into the bowl, squeeze lemon juice in it and wash your greasy fingers in it!
19. Capacity for jelly
Surprise your family with an unusual dessert, using lemon skins as a container for lemon or colored jelly. Just pour the diluted jelly into the crusts and refrigerate overnight, and in the morning cut the dessert into slices and dip the edges, if desired, into the sugar.
20. Cleaning the microwave
A small, weathered lemon slice can be used to clean the walls of the microwave from old grease. Just fill a small bowl with water with a little lemon juice, put in the microwave and heat for 3-5 minutes at maximum power. During this time, water boils and forms condensate on the walls, which must be wiped off with a cloth along with all the dirt.
21. Cleaning the sink
The kitchen sink is one of the most used items in the house. During the day a lot of dirty dishes and food remains pass through it, turning the sink into a favorable environment for the life of various microbes and bacteria. Therefore, for your own safety, the sink should be washed daily. First rinse the entire surface of the sink with water, removing all food debris, then wipe its surface with a sponge with a mild detergent and rinse all with hot water, allowing it to penetrate the drain. After such simple manipulations, pour the drain and the sink with a mixture of lemon juice and soda, leave for 10 minutes and rinse off the residue with hot water.
22. "Pillow" for fish
To prevent the fish from sticking to the grill grate, to acquire a savory taste and an incredible aroma, cook it on a lemon “pillow”. To do this, you need to cut the lemon into slices of medium thickness, put them on the grill rack, put a piece of fish on top and start cooking.
23. Brightening hair spray
You can make your hair shining and lighten the strands in several tones without visiting a hairdresser. Just mix in a bottle with a spray a cup of water, a quarter cup of hydrogen peroxide, the same amount of freshly squeezed lemon juice and half a cup of not strong chamomile tea. Apply the product to wet hair before styling.
A thick layer of scale is one of the reasons why the water in the kettle boils for a long time. However, to cope with this problem is quite easy. Just put a quarter of a lemon in a teapot or put some citric acid in it and boil it. After that, drain the water, rinse the kettle and boil the new water without additives.
25. Cleaning glassware
Lemon will help to clear glassware from dark bloom. From time to time, wipe the dishes with a slice of lemon inside and out, and then rinse with water and wipe dry.
26. Remedy for green stuff
Zelenka is a very insidious substance. Using it, there is a risk of getting completely soiled hands, which will remain so for about two weeks. Lemon will help to cope with such stains. Mix the alcohol with lemon juice, soak a cotton swab in the resulting solution and wipe the contaminated skin with it.
27. Cleaning white shoes
Lemon will help to return the whiteness to slightly yellowed sneakers. Mix its juice with detergent and table vinegar, and use this paste to clean white shoes.
28. Fight against fat
Lemon and salt - an effective tool for cleaning fat cast iron pans. Just dip a slice of lemon in salt and carefully rub it with the oily surface of the pan. Repeat the procedure if necessary.
29. Beautiful fruit slices
To cut bananas and apples do not darken and do not lose their attractiveness, treat them with lemon juice. This trick is worth taking note of all hostesses who prepare fruit cuts for the holidays.
30. Combating corrosive odors
All housewives know how difficult it is to clean the hands of the smell of garlic or fish. Lemon will help to cope with corrosive aromas. Just rub the nail plate and skin with lemon pulp, and then wash with soap and water as usual.
31. Whitening nails
Masters of nail service recommend once a week to arrange spa treatments for nails. First, immerse your hands in a bath of warm water and lemon juice, and then polish the nail plate with lemon peel.
Chopped lemon zest is a great seasoning for a variety of dishes. Finely grated zest can be mixed with different types of pepper, slightly dried in the oven and used to prepare fish and meat dishes on the grill.
33. Means for ignition
Dried lemon peel burns well and can be used to kindle a fire or fireplace. In addition, this fuel will fill the space with a magical citrus scent.
34. Cure for nausea
Feel gagging? Put a piece of lemon in your mouth. Very soon, well-being will improve, and nausea will recede.
35. Excellent analgesic
Just a few drops of lemon juice added to tea or just warm water can relieve headache, toothache, as well as recurrent pain in women within 20-25 minutes.
36. Lemon helps remove warts
Forget about the fact that only celandine can serve as a natural remedy for removing warts. If every day, in the morning and in the evening, apply lemon juice to the vulnerable area, in the end the wart will dry out and disappear on its own.
37. Effectively fights dandruff
Do not help expensive anti-dandruff shampoos? You can forget about them. Lemon will help to fight this problem perfectly: rub 2 tbsp every day. l lemon juice in the scalp, hold for 10 minutes, then rinse with water. After a while you may find that the dandruff has disappeared.
38. Removes mildew stains from clothes
If you live in a wet place, you may have experienced mold, including clothing. Make a paste of lemon juice and salt, rub it into the moldy area on the clothes and dry it in the sun.
39. Air humidifier cleaner and air freshener
If your humidifier smells unpleasant, add 3-4 teaspoons of lemon juice to the water. This not only helps to clean the freshener, but also creates a pleasant atmosphere in the room.
40. Power washing powder
The juice of just one lemon, added to the usual laundry detergent, will multiply its effect - things will have a pleasant smell, and there will be no trace of stains.
41. Brass and Chrome Parts Cleaner
Make a paste of a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Rub her faded detail and leave for 5 minutes. Rinse off with warm water afterwards. If necessary, the part can be subsequently polished. You can also get rid of rust on these products.
42. Natural disinfectant
Lemon is also a natural disinfectant. Rub a small wound on the skin with a cut, this will help, in the absence of other means, to help in its disinfection and healing.
43. Natural antidepressant
Water with lemon juice can serve as a natural antidepressant and help to cope with stress. Try to suck a little bit of lemon - it will cause a change in your mood.
44. Natural deodorant
Citric acid perfectly kills bacteria and eliminates unpleasant odor. If you do not have a deodorant on hand, you can safely use natural lemon juice, causing it to the armpits.
45. Refrigerator freshener
Moisten a small sponge or piece of cotton with lemon juice and place it in the corner of the refrigerator.
46. Bleach for elbows
Dark spots on elbows perfectly bleach trays of lemon juice. The same with knees and pigment spots all over the body.
47. Natural anti-aging product
People spend huge amounts of money on skin care products. Plain water with lemon for washing reduces the amount of free radicals, which helps to keep the skin of the face young and healthy.
48. Mouth Health Assistant
Rinse your mouth with lemon water each time. This is an excellent prevention of bleeding gums, plaque and caries. In some cases, this will help relieve toothache. And do not forget to rinse your mouth with clean water at the end of the procedure so as not to spoil the tooth enamel.
49. Blood Purifier
If you eat a lot of junk food, it greatly clogs the blood with toxins. Drink lemon water and this will help reduce the amount of toxins in the blood.
50. Mouth and throat infections
If you have a throat infection, lemon water can help. Just rinse your throat. Similarly, mouth rinsing helps kill bacteria that cause bad breath. But be careful - lemon acid does not work well on tooth enamel, so it's better to rinse your mouth again with clean water after rinsing.
Like this article? Share with your friends!
health and beauty
- Lemon scrub. Lemons are rich in alpha and beta hydroxyl acids, which perfectly remove dead skin cells. In addition, lemons help fight acne, pigmentation and other skin problems. Lemon-based scrubs are a great refreshing and cleansing agent. There are many recipes on the web - you can choose the one that suits your skin type.
- Cleaning and bleaching of nails. Manicurists recommend here such a simple recipe for nail care: squeeze the juice of half a lemon into a small cup with warm water and dip the tips of your fingers for 3-5 minutes. After the bath, rub the nail plate with lemon peel.
- Remedy for nausea. If you feel bad and nausea comes, hold a lemon slice in your mouth - the indisposition will recede.
- Dry skin of the elbows. Even our grandmothers used this remedy to combat dry and darkened skin on the elbows: you need to lubricate your elbows with cream and rub with lemon juice, and then, after 10-15 minutes, rinse with water. После чего вновь смазать кремом.
- Осветление пигментных пятен. Как уже было сказано, лимон – природный осветлитель и издревле применяется для борьбы с пигментными пятнами и веснушками. Для этого лимонный сок нужно нанести на проблемные зоны, оставить на 10–15 минут, а затем смыть тёплой водой.
- Лимонный тоник. Lemon is a great tonic. Tonic, prepared on its basis, cleanse, disinfect and refresh the skin. As a rule, lemon tonic is made from mineral water and honey.
- Fresh breath. Lemon juice, diluted in water, can be used to disinfect the oral cavity and get rid of an unpleasant smell - citric acid kills bacteria. However, after that you need to rinse your mouth with water, so that the remains of citric acid do not corrode the enamel.
- Aromabath If you add a few drops of essential lemon oil to the water in addition to the foam, then a simple hygienic procedure will turn into a therapeutic one. Such baths perfectly relax, and also help in the fight against cellulite and excess weight.
- Dandruff Remedy. Too “Grandma's” recipe: rub lemon roots 1–2 times a week with hair slices, then wash your hair in the usual way. Warning: lemon dries, so this method is not suitable for people with dry and sensitive scalp.
- Inhalation with a cold. Lemon essential oil has many healing properties (you can write a separate article about it), one of the uses is inhalation during colds. Dilute the oil in a ratio of 2-3 drops per glass of water and breathe above the solution for 5-7 minutes.
If you know of other unusual ways of using lemons, write in the comments.