In specialized stores you can purchase both regular clay and special dough for modeling, which is more suitable for small children (from 1 year).
This dough is very soft and pleasant to the touch. In addition, it does not stick to the hands. But It is worth noting that this material is not suitable if you want to make complex paintings or figures from clay.
Let's see what crafts for children can be made from clay and modeling dough.
How useful modeling for children of preschool age?
The modeling of plasticine is given much attention in kindergarten and elementary school. Children now and then do their own hands beautiful crafts from plasticine, which are used for home-made theater or a variety of competitions and exhibitions.
Sculpting is useful for the mental development of the child. Plasticine perfectly develops fine motor skills of the kid, and this directly affects the correct development of speech, good memory, logical thinking and coordination of movements. Creating light and beautiful crafts from plasticine, the child learns perseverance and patience, develops abstract and logical thinking, creative abilities. Also, the baby comprehends the basics of independence.
When a child works with plastic mass with two hands (he makes a ball or sausage from plasticine), both hemispheres of the brain are involved and interhemispheric connections are strengthened. It contributes to the development of attention, memory of all kinds and the ability to compare images and facts.
In addition, classes with clay have a positive effect on the mental and emotional state of the baby, the central nervous system. This is a quiet pastime, which helps to reduce excessive activity and normalize sleep, reduces irritability and irritability.
The smallest children are taught by modeling with colors and shapes, and also gives the experience of tactile perception “soft-hard”, “dry-wet”, “warm-cold”. Working on three-dimensional figures, children analyze the features of objects, learn to see the details, they form knowledge about the properties of the surrounding world.
What crafts from plasticine can be made by hand?
From clay, you can create a variety of crafts and thematic work. It will be appropriate to use additional materials: acorns, pasta, cones, flowers and leaves, chestnuts. Most often, children make the following crafts:
- Animals Such figures are quite simple in execution and look beautiful. You can make a spider, shark, squirrel, cat or dog, giraffe, lion, bunny, octopus, turtle, caterpillar and any other animals.
- Flowers With the help of plastic mass, it is easy to create pretty decorations and compositions. Preschool children can make a tulip or chamomile, and older children can already form a beautiful rose.
- Toys Making a craft with which you can play later is even more interesting. Pupae, mermaids and angels will do for girls, boys can make a car, a plane or a tank.
- Vegetables and fruits. Such light and beautiful crafts from clay under the force of even the smallest. Babies can make an apple or watermelon, lemon slice, grapes, strawberries and raspberries.
- Heroes of favorite cartoons and fairy tales. It is enough just to mold from clay of fixings, smurfs, Masha and the bear, Cheburashka, the heroes of the game "Minecraft" or birds from the "Engry birds".
Craft of plasticine for the smallest
You can get acquainted with the smallest children with clay (or, better, with a dough for modeling, edible clay or a mass for modeling) from one and a half years. First, let the baby remember a small piece of plastic mass in his hand. You can trust him to cover with plasticine a picture or a plastic jar.
When a child gets used to working with this material a little, you can start creating the first simple crafts: try to make a snake by simply rolling a sausage from plasticine of any color, or a caterpillar. For a caterpillar, you need to mold several plasticine balls of approximately the same size and join them together, and then add eyes and antennae.
Step-by-step master-class crafts for children 2-3 years
Older guys can cope with more complex handicrafts. For example, it is not difficult to make a chicken with your own hands, and in any color: yellow, red, green, white. For eggs, it is better to choose brown or white. Additionally, you can build a perch. For eyes it is recommended to use black beads.
The hen can resemble both the real one and any fairytale hero with bright plumage.
First you need to sculpt the torso and head-ball, combine both parts. Then add tuft and beak. Then you need to fashion beautiful wings of green plasticine and also attach them to the body of the birdies. Stand-roost can be executed in brown or green. A beautiful piece of plasticine, made by a child of 2-3 years old (of course, not without the help of adults), is ready.
What to blind from plasticine with a child of 3-4 years?
Children love to watch the bright fish, so why not build your own aquarium? How to make a beautiful craft from plasticine? To create an aquarium fish, or rather several, plasticine of different colors, a board and a knife for clay, as well as additional decorative elements (beads, beads) will be required.
You can make fish of different shapes and sizes. To the fashioned body (oval, round or triangular), you should add the fins and tail, attach the eyes and decorate the figure with different sparkles, sequins, beads or other elements. From several different fish you can create a whole thematic picture.
We sculpt tiger cubs with children 5-6 years old
Beautiful crafts from plasticine is interesting to do not only to kids, but also to school-age children. Moreover, the complexity of the products increases. Preschool children and first-graders can make a very beautiful craftsmanship out of clay - a tiger cub.
To create a tiger cub that walks through the desert or lies on a platform in a circus, you need orange, white and black clay, a stationery knife, beads or small black buttons for the eyes.
First you need to make an oval out of orange plasticine, which will be the body of a tiger cub, and then start creating paws and a tail. To make the paws look realistic, claw notches are made on them with a special knife for plasticine.
Next you need to make a tiger's head and attach all the necessary elements to it, namely the eyes, ears, mouth. It is better to make the inner side of the ears from white clay, like the mouth of a tiger cub - so it will look like a real one.
Now it is necessary to paint the cub in natural color. To do this, you need to roll sausages of different lengths and widths out of black plasticine, with which to draw dark stripes on the body and tail of the tiger. The same elements can be made eyebrows or mustaches. The figure is ready.
Step-by-step creation of an elephant - hand-made article for children of 6-7 years old
To create an elephant you will need: gray and pink clay, buttons or beads for the eyes, a plate for working with the material. First you need to roll five balls of gray clay - one, a little more - for the body and four smaller ones - for the legs of an elephant.
On the front of the foot, incisions can be made for greater realism. The legs are also well decorated with white circles - marigolds.
Next you want to blind the head of an elephant. On the trunk it is necessary to make notches, marking the folds. To create the ears used gray and pink clay, rolled into a cake. Next, you need to connect all the details of the figures.
Once the base is ready, you can begin to decorate. It is necessary to roll tusks, tail, add eyes and eyebrows. You can make an elephant bang.
Application on cardboard for children of primary school age
The most beautiful crafts from plasticine can be made on the principle of applications. For example, make a picture of "Cosmos", depicting flat planets, flying saucers and satellites, distant stars and comets on it. All items are required to attach on black cardboard in random order. You can even add aliens.
Hedgehog from clay and seeds for a contest in kindergarten
Hedgehog is a beautiful hand-made plasticine for children, which can always be presented at an exhibition or competition. First you need to draw or print a prickly character on a white or colored cardboard, and then fill the needles with seeds, glued to clay or glue. It is important to ensure that all seeds are directed in one direction - it will look neat and beautiful. Mushrooms, apples, leaves or rowan can be glued on the back of the hedgehog. Beautiful crafts from plasticine is very realistic and voluminous.
Making a Christmas tree from plasticine
Plasticine Christmas tree is a craft for children who already know how to work with scissors. First you need to roll a ball of green plasticine mass, then make a cone base of it. For convenience, the workpiece is better to fasten on a wooden skewer. Next, you need to make small cuts with scissors, forming needles. It is recommended to decorate the finished green beauty with small plasticine balls, beads and beads. It turns out really very beautiful crafts, which will become a real interior decoration on the eve of the New Year holidays.
What can be made of plasticine: leaf prints
Dough for modeling can be used to create prints of various objects on it. You just have to roll out the clay with a rolling pin, and you can leave prints of toys, laces and other things on it.
Try to go with your child to the forest or park and collect leaves of different shapes. When you come home, you can leave leaves on the dough for modeling.
To do this, the sheet must be put on the back side, where the leaf streaks stand out most. After that, roll the rolling pin over the sheet, and then carefully remove it.
Sheets can be made from both clay and polymer clay. For clay crafts you can add 1 teaspoon of food coloring yellow, red and orange to get beautiful bright leaves.
Plasticine modeling for children in kindergarten
Having connected imagination, imagination, using plasticine it is easy to create different products, thematic works. In some cases, the creative process can be used additional materials - chestnuts, acorns, leaves, flowers, other, it will help to create an original craft, for example, to make a hedgehog from fir cones. Such products are especially popular with children:
- Animals - favorite figures, very simple to manufacture. Among children in particular esteem are such animals created with the help of plasticine: squirrel, frog, snake, sheep, bunny, giraffe, caterpillar, spider, horse, octopus, turtle, shark. Creation schemes may differ depending on the material available, the child’s vision, imagination, and creative abilities.
- Flowers With the help of clay can be created charming compositions, crafts, jewelry. Depending on age, the complexity of colors created using clay may increase. So, for example, preschool children can make a daisy, a tulip, but schoolchildren can create a rose, pansies, and other exquisite crafts.
- Toys Children are doubly happier when they can create a product for their own hands. For girls, it can be a doll, a doll, an angel, a butterfly, a mermaid, while boys will be more into the liking of all sorts of transportation - a car, a tank, a plane, a train, or transformers.
- Vegetables and fruits are light crafts that can be done by the beginning masters of "plasticine creativity". Children will fall for an apple, a watermelon or its slice, grapes, berries - strawberries, raspberries. In addition to vegetables, fruits, other foods can be created, for example, cookies, cake, sweets.
- Fairy-tale or cartoon characters. Children are not indifferent to fairy tales and cartoons, so they will be very enthusiastic about creating their favorite characters. In particular honor in children: figures of fixes, smeshariki, Masha and the bear, Cheburashka, ninja turtles, Engry Birds, Cars of the Cars, characters of the game Minecraft, etc.
Step-by-step instructions for making children's crafts out of clay
Plasticine crafts can be created using certain schemes, workshops or without specific instructions, relying on your imagination and imagination. Some products, in spite of their seeming simplicity, are extremely difficult to do without a detailed description. Below are detailed descriptions of the creation of various handicrafts with photos, thanks to which children of different ages will find a master class according to their abilities.
Craft of plasticine chicken
For young children, making chicken with the help of clay will be a simple and interesting exercise. In the creative process will require the help of parents to hand-made hack perfect, pleased the child. The material can be used classic clay or fine-grained, which will create an original product.
To work will require:
- plasticine of three colors
- cardboard for work basis,
- beads for eyes,
- stack for plasticine.
How to make a chicken step by step:
- Using the material of yellow color, make the head (small circle) and torso (oblong element, which should be given the necessary shape) of the bird.
- Connect the two main parts.
- Make the wings green, attach them to the body.
- Decorate the chicken's head: make a scallop, beak with plasticine, and beads should be used as eyes.
- Make a stand on which to sit the bird - and it is ready for a presentation in front of the parents or at an exhibition in the garden.
Many children are not indifferent to the beautiful, bright fish living in the aquarium. Using plasticine, it is possible to create not only figures, but also a composition, using colored blue cardboard to imitate water, green material for algae. The brighter, more diverse the fish will be, the more interesting the hand-made hack will look. For additional decor, shells or other natural materials can be used.
To make the fish will need:
- board for sculpting,
- additional accessories for decoration (sequins, beads).
Step-by-step creation of a fish:
- Roll up the plasticine ball, pin it down, creating the outlines of the figures.
- Make a tail, fins. Connect parts with the body.
- To stick to the eye, using beads, beads or basic material in black.
- To decorate the figure with multi-colored clay, sequins (creating scales) or other elements.
- Aquarium fish is ready and can be used to create a composition in the form of an aquarium.
Using clay, preschool children will be able to create a cute tiger, which majestically walks through the expanses of the desert or lies on the platform in the circus. Sculpting an animal figurine is simple, the main desire, perseverance is the availability of necessary material, tools. To create a tiger will need:
- plasticine of three colors (orange, white, black),
- office knife,
- beads or sequins for eyes.
Step-by-step tiger creation:
- Make an oval using orange material, give it the shape of the body of the animal.
- Sculpt the paws (to make them realistic, a special stack needs to make notches), tail, attach them to the body.
- Roll up your head, supplement it with the necessary details: with your eyes (beads, beads or plasticine can be used), with your ears, mouth. To give originality to a figure, it is necessary to take white decorative elements.
- From black plasticine roll small "sausages", which decorate the dark stripes on the body, the tail of the tiger. In addition, with the help of such elements will make a mustache, eyebrows.
- Using the white mass, make a tiger shirt and stick it to the body of the animal.
- The figure is ready and can become an element of composition or a self-sufficient product for an exhibition or competition.
Schoolchildren can use plasticine to create an animal figurine, and additional decorative elements will give the craftwork realism and originality. The creative process will enthrall the child and help interesting, usefully spend time, and the resulting elephant is suitable for participation in the exhibition at school. To create a job (baby elephant in a zoo. For example) you will need the following materials:
- stacks for work,
- a pair of decorative eyes (beads, rhinestones),
- PVA glue.
Step by step creation of an elephant:
- Using gray plasticine, roll balls of different sizes: one large for the body and four medium sizes to form the legs. Sculpt all the details together. Make small cuts on the front of the foot using the stack.
- Decorate the legs with small white circles and blue spirals.
- Slap the head of an elephant with a trunk. Using the stack, make small notches, marking the creases of the nose.
- To create the ears, you will need a pink and gray mass: combine two pieces of multi-colored clay and thinly roll out, make the edges wavy. Attach the details to the head that you want to connect with the body.
- Roll tusks, thin flagella for bangs, tails - attach all the elements to your body to complete the work on the figure.
Легкая картина: ежик из пластилина и семечек для детского сада
Красивая и оригинальная творческая работа необязательно должна быть сложной в создании. It is very easy to make a cute hedgehog using plasticine, sunflower seeds, and even young children can do this kind of work. For work, first of all, it is necessary to prepare a cardboard and a printed sheet with the contours of the animal - it will serve as the basis for future application.
Plasticine Shark DIY
A rather realistic plasticine shark is a toy that your child will take with pleasure into the bath, the lake or the pool. Therefore, use hard enough clay so that over time it will not lose its shape.
Handmade plasticine painting
Pictures from plasticine is a whole trend in the art of modeling from plasticine. This direction even has its name - plasticine. The difference of this direction from others is that the craft of plasticine is located on a horizontal surface.
Handicraft on the theme of summer
A piece on the theme of "Summer" will help to make one of the long summer days special, filling it with children's creativity. Particularly relevant will be handicrafts on the theme "Summer" in kindergarten, the doors of which are open for kids in the summer too.
How to make a machine out of clay
Plasticine cars will be no less interesting to your baby than purchased toys. And having learned how to make a car out of plasticine with his own hands, the child will be able to create a whole collection of toy vehicles.
Kids love to create layouts of real-life things. This helps them to better understand the world around them and to feel part of it. Many kids like to create miniature models of large objects - buildings, bridges, transport and even planets.
In your hands was a piece of golden or light brown clay? Wonderful! It is easy to turn it into the wisest and most mysterious bird - the owl. From clay it can be done in just a few simple steps.
Many kids love fish and enjoy portraying them in their drawings and crafts. It will probably be interesting for such kids to learn how to make a plasticine fish using conventional tools and their rich imagination.
Handicraft of plasticine for the Day of Cosmonautics
Crafts made from clay do not have to be voluminous. Flat plasticine crafts - applications, in the process of making which children's fingers gain strength, and the children themselves - patience and assiduity look no less impressive.
By the day of the celebration of the first manned flight into space, children with great interest create crafts on the space theme from any means at their disposal. Most often, the basis for creativity becomes paper. But it is quite possible to replace it with another material - for example, a handicraft for plasticine cosmonautics Day may be beautiful.