In the early years of life, even the most insignificant, at first glance, defect in the locomotor system can lead to serious disability. Parents who care about the health of their offspring can purchase such a novelty as antivirus shoes for the prevention or treatment of an illness. What is it, you will learn from the article below.
One of the forms of violation of the shape of the foot is the so-called clubfoot, or varus. The main signs of the beginning disease:
- Violation of the ankle,
- The foot turns inward
- When moving on legs, the child mainly exploits the damaged joint, which further strengthens the pathology,
- Significant growth in the size of the femur,
- Feet become almost stiff,
- If the disease is not treated in any way, then as time passes, changes in posture begin that cause a serious blow to the spine.
The healing of this disease should begin as early as possible. In childhood, tissues are much more elastic in comparison with adults. Therefore, healthy feet can be cured relatively quickly, and pain is minimized.
The treatment for clubfoot includes:
- Manual correction of the defect by the doctor with the subsequent imposition of gypsum, covering the leg from the hip to the foot. Gypsum is removed only when recovery is diagnosed.
- Special set of exercises for self-execution at home. They should be carried out only as part of a more comprehensive treatment, which also includes medical gymnastics.
- Massage, the main purpose of which is relaxation of tired muscles of deformed joints. These procedures are performed directly after warm foot baths. A masseur rubs, kneads and smoothes sore limbs, thereby increasing blood circulation and improving the position of curved tendons.
One of the most effective methods of treating problematic feet in children is wearing special orthopedic shoes. Its main purpose is to correct the shape of the legs. Such shoes affect three locations on the lower limbs: the thumb, the heel and the intermediate part.
The advantages of this item of clothing should include:
- The pressure force of the legs spreads out more evenly. This is due to the fact that the position of the feet is strictly fixed.
- The extremity is extremely tight in the shoe, because of which the legs do not "flap" from side to side. As a result, a blow is removed from the spine and joints.
- The kid who wears this type of footwear on his feet does not feel any pain. Without fear, you can let the child play, run and engage in other useful activities.
- Orthopedic shoes for children allows you to adjust the deviation by 10 degrees, which is a very significant indicator.
Tips when choosing antivarusnoy shoes
It is worth making a decision about buying antivirus footwear only after consulting with a qualified medical specialist. Today the market offers a dizzying variety of products for every taste and color. But the appearance is not the most important thing to keep in mind when buying corrective shoes.
Parents of a child with problem feet should know that high-quality shoes should have the following properties:
- The presence of a special device that maintains a constant form,
- For a high therapeutic effect, shoes should be high enough
- It is necessary to check the quality of the buckles, which should firmly fix the foot,
- In the back there must be a special depression, which is designed to hold the heel,
- Another important component of orthopedic shoes is the heel. Its height can vary from half a centimeter to almost three. When choosing you need to rely on the growth of the child.
- As a "bumper", there is a special insole that removes fatigue from children's feet.
The size of the shoes can be quite large (up to the 37th). Therefore, even a ten-year-old child can correct a twisted foot.
Orient in an endless stream of information about products will help real owner reviewswho, through the example of their children, experienced what it is like to have a varus of lower limbs:
- Olga, 32 years old, Rostov: “My youngest son had crooked feet, and the doctor advised to wear orthopedic shoes for a while. In my opinion, this is just a half measure, since one cannot do without massage and baths. The son passed in the shoes for about 10 months, but the noticeable improvements to the eye are insignificant. ”
- Elena, 24 years old, Kiev: “My daughter was diagnosed with clubfoot about a year. We bought corrective shoes, and the result is obvious: the little girl has clearly become easier to move. ”
- Evgenia, 27 years old, Vologda: “The orthopedist told us at the age of one and a half that the paws were oblique. Bought shoes, but they wore out for several months. But high sandals were surprisingly tenacious. The legs are almost cured. ”
- Ekaterina, 23 years old, Vladivostok: “I recently noticed a child’s wrong walk. She took him to a doctor, and he advised him to buy anti-torn shoes. Almost six months passed, and my son began to walk noticeably freer and easier. We continue the course. ”
In order to cure clubfoot, it is not always necessary to wear plaster for long periods of time, massage and gymnastics. Small children can help antivarusnaya shoes. That any effective specialist will confirm that this is an effective tool in the fight against limb deformity.
What is clubfoot?
Clubfoot (or varus) is a developmental disorder of the foot that occurs in childhood. In this disease, the child steps on the outer part of the feet and turns them inwards, which leads to a violation of the depreciation function of the feet.
In the future, this often leads to diseases of the knee joints, as well as to the uneven development of the leg muscles, which in turn leads to disruptions in the functioning of the organism as a whole.
Early treatment - a chance for full recovery
When the baby’s gait becomes waddling over, the parents should sound the alarm and be sure to consult an orthopedic doctor. After all, if you do not start the disease, then in childhood you can fix the varus foot. Treatment started before the age of 8-10 yields good results. An orthopedist after examining a child will prescribe a set of activities, including massage and special exercises that can be done at home or in an exercise therapy room. In severe cases, a special long-term treatment is prescribed, including the imposition of plaster or elastic dressings, correction of the feet with the help of splints or orthoses.
A prerequisite for any degree of the disease is wearing a special children's orthopedic antivirus shoes.
What shoes to wear with a club foot?
Orthopedic doctors recommend that children suffering from clubfoot wear special anti-torn shoes. It does not allow the child to rest on the outer arch of the foot, unfold it, arch the leg inward. This is all possible thanks to the good fixation of the foot in the shoe, the diverting capacity and the correct distribution of the load on the entire foot.
What is the difference between anti-tartar models?
Antivirus footwear differs from the usual one not so much in appearance as in the presence of mandatory attributes for rigid fixation of the entire foot:
- numerous adjustable lacing, Velcro and zippers,
- high hard double-sided birch, tight to the lower leg,
- heel, made in the form of deepening,
- long heel shape on the outside,
- comfortable shoe.
Important features that distinguish anti-tardy models from ordinary ones are:
- The lack of instep. Instead of it, according to the recommendation of the doctor, an insole – pronator is inserted.
- Leading the front of the foot in a horizontal plane at 8-10 degrees and bringing it to the correct position. This quality of antivirus footwear gives an additional positive effect during treatment.
Advantages of orthopedic shoes
When wearing any shoes, the child should be comfortable, if he is uncomfortable to walk, then it is chosen incorrectly. Wearing antivirus orthopedic shoes does not cause discomfort, the baby can run, jump, play with other children. The leg will not hang out, as it is securely fixed.
Proper distribution of the load on the foot when walking relieves tension from the joints and the spine, which means the baby will not get tired and experience pain. As you can see, there are many advantages of such shoes. The main thing - to pick it right.
How to choose orthopedic shoes for a child?
- First, an orthopedic surgeon should recommend any medical orthopedic shoes. Anti-torn orthopedic shoes are no exception. Only a doctor can prescribe the wearing of insoles pronators. There are several types of them: heel, finger and common, so you need to buy only recommended by the doctor.
- Secondly, you can not make a purchase without a child. This type of shoe requires mandatory fitting. It is chosen strictly according to the size of the leg, and it is not recommended to purchase it by eye or on a painted foot.
- Thirdly, you can not buy children's anti-vase shoes for growth. It should ideally sit on the leg and be replaced with a new one when the leg grows.
Where can I buy special shoes?
Children's anti-torn therapeutic shoes are not sold in every store. It can be made to order or purchased in orthopedic salons and shops with departments with orthopedic medical footwear. In large cities, it is much easier to find. Residents of small towns can use online stores. When ordering shoes on the Internet, you need to consider that it may not be suitable, and negotiate return terms in advance.
A wide range of anti-torn shoes for children in Moscow is presented in the following stores:
- "SURSIL-ORTO" at the address: st. Dolgorukovskaya, 21 building 1 (metro "Novoslobodskaya") and st. Shabolovka, 59, building 1 (metro station Shabolovskaya).
- ORTOMINI. Located on the second floor of the Belochka shopping center at 39 / 3a, Shipilovsky Proezd, room 18 (Orekhovo metro station) and in the Ursa Major shopping center in the Goods for Children section on the second floor, it is located at : Studenny proezd, 7A, room 47 (Medvedkovo metro station).
Unfortunately, the price of these models is high, but in no case should one refuse to wear them. After all, the future life of the child depends on it. The clubfoot is not only an external defect, it leads to serious diseases in the future.
Range of models
Currently, many models are available for prophylactic and treatment. Anti-torn orthopedic shoes for children is designed for continuous wear: all year round, at home and on the street. Therefore, manufacturers offer a large selection of winter, summer and demi-season models. The color scheme is also very diverse: you can pick up both neutral and boy or girl colors.
The size range (from 18 to 37 size) allows you to wear it to children aged from 6 months to 10-12 years and beyond, that is, throughout the entire period of the formation of the foot. There are also larger models, but they are no longer considered childish.
Modern, reliable and the most popular manufacturers among orthopedists are such well-known companies as Sursil-Orto, Ortek, Persey, Futmaster, Schein.
Anti-torn shoes from Sursil-Orto and Ortek companies fully meet all the most stringent criteria for the manufacture of orthopedic shoes for children. It is certified, made only from safe and high quality materials. She can safely trust the little feet. The products of these brands can be found in many Russian cities. Firms represent a wide range of both prophylactic, and therapeutic and rehabilitation orthopedic shoes, as well as anatomical insoles.
Should I trust reviews on the Internet?
On the Internet, you can find both positive and negative reviews about orthopedic shoes in general, and specifically about therapeutic anti-tardar models. Absolutely trust these estimates are not worth it, you can only listen to them. Everyone knows that sometimes reviews are more advertising in nature than practical experience. Not always they are written by parents whose children are forced to wear these shoes for health reasons. But even on the opinion of those who used these or other models, you should not rely completely, because there are no identical children's legs, all children are different.
For each child, the disease proceeds according to its own scenario, and the treatment is accompanied by a different set of procedures and activities. Therefore, some babies are recovering faster, others are slower. For complete recovery requires a lot of time, in addition, it should strictly follow all the doctor's prescriptions, including when choosing antivirus shoes. The doctor, as a rule, recommending certain models, relies on the experience of their patients, on what results they have achieved, following his advice. Therefore, it is better to adhere to the opinion of the attending physician than to read reviews from outsiders.
When choosing shoes for your child, you need to be guided not by beauty and fashion trends, but think about what the consequences may be regarding the wrong shoes and shoes. It is the parents who are responsible for the incorrect formation of the children's foot. It is especially important to carefully select models for the first step. After all, the whole life of a child depends on what a baby's foot is shod in at the beginning of its journey.
How to determine whether there is a varus deformity of the feet?
Look carefully at the sole of the shoes that the baby wears. The disturbing bell will be the presence of erased tread from the outside. Ask your baby to become straight and notice how he stands. For the varus deformity, the “O” -shaped position of the legs is characteristic when the knee joints are turned out, part of the tibia deviates, rounding the leg to the outside, and the feet look inwards and when walking the child has a clubfoot.
At the same time, clubfoot itself is a congenital pathology, while varus is an acquired disease due to weakened immunity, lack of calcium or vitamin D, a weak ligamentous apparatus or the musculoskeletal system.
The specialist should confirm the diagnosis of varus arrest and determine the form of the deformity. Therefore, if you have any doubts, be sure to consult an orthopedist.
How to treat varus curvature of the feet?
To help with the correction of pathology - specially selected shoes designed to treat this particular form of curvature, as well as a special massage and therapeutic exercises in conjunction with physiotherapy.
Massage is very effective to combine with self-massage - for this we recommend to buy a massage mat. The child will probably be interested to study at home on a piece of its own pebble beach.
How to do a massage, you will show a specialist. It is very easy to strengthen knowledge on the Internet, where a huge number of videos are kept, telling in detail about the nuances of all manipulation techniques.
As for antivirus shoes, you will have to wear them for a long time - unfortunately, the deformation will not be quickly eliminated. However, orthopedic shoes today are completely different than in the last century, so even medical shoes are characterized by their own refinements, such as subtlety in design and a sweeping palette.
Correct anti-vas orthopedic shoes
Varus correction shoes differ from other orthopedic shoes - including visually: due to the fact that Thomas’s heel is a mirror image of his own
forms with other types of deformities, such as flat-footedness or flat-valgus pathology. That is, if the shoe is intended for the treatment of varus curvature, then the Thomas heel is extended from the outer edge of the sole.
If the valgus deformity is accompanied by flat feet, an instep support must be present in the shoe.
For the successful correction of the orthopedic shoe varus, pay attention to one more important point: the block deviated by seven degrees compared to the design of ordinary shoes. Of course, visually you will not see this, so it is very important to buy real orthopedic shoes, tested, recommended by an orthopedist, in the therapeutic effect of which you will be 100% sure.
The value of orthopedic shoes with varus
The main function of antivirus shoes - foot abduction, that is, bringing its front part to a straight position. When this occurs, the impact on three main points: the base of the thumb, the middle outer part of the foot and the inner part of the heel.
In fact, if such orthopedic shoes are worn on the child’s legs, he will not “collapse”, but he will properly spread the socks apart from each other, relying on the three points mentioned above while walking. In this case, the probability that the child will put the foot wrong.
If you talk in more detail about why you need anti-tuss orthopedic shoes for children, you can identify several of its advantages:
- подобная обувь способствует адекватному распределению нагрузки на еще несформированную ножку ребенка. Обеспечивается эта важная функция за счет надежной фиксации носка и пятки,
- tight-fitting leg, orthopedic shoes do not allow her to "hang out", while the spinal column and joints are not overloaded,
- when wearing antivirus shoes, the child does not experience any discomfort, he can freely run and play, avoiding the progression of the pathology of the musculoskeletal system,
- orthopedic shoes designed for the correction of varus, contribute to the removal of the foot in the horizontal plane by eight to ten degrees.
How to choose anti-hair shoes for a child
So, having heard the diagnosis from an orthopedic doctor, parents realize that for healthy development, antivirus footwear is necessary for children. Buy it today is not difficult, since there are many manufacturers offering orthopedic shoes and sandals for every taste. But in order for the purchase to benefit, you need to know how to choose the right shoes for problem feet.
You can also highlight a number of characteristics that must necessarily correspond to high-quality anti-torn baby shoes:
- availability of a comfortable inner pad,
- for reliable fixation of the ankle and prevention of progression of clubfoot, birch must be high,
- another important nuance for the correct fixation of the child’s feet - adjustable velcro or shoelace,
- there should be a recess in the heel area to hold the back of the leg in a strictly upright position, choose a rigid heel,
- it is also necessary to have a low (0.5-2.5 cm) heel. The recommended height depends on the age of the child,
- Antivirus shoes always have a special insole, which allows to soften the impact load and eliminate signs of fatigue.
We recommend choosing shoes with your child to be able to try them on immediately.. The size should fit your child perfectly, so do not think to buy shoes or sandals "for growth". Otherwise, the treatment will not bring any results, and the pathology will continue to develop.
Modern manufacturers can meet a huge variety of models of orthopedic shoes for any season of the most different designs and colors. By choosing the right shoes or orthopedic sandals for the baby, you can be sure that the clubfoot problem will disappear very soon, and in the future the child will not suffer from much more serious pathologies of the musculoskeletal system.
Clubfoot and correct shoes
Antivirus footwear got its name from the disease of the same name - varus, which is more popularly known as clubfoot. This disease lies in the fact that the feet are turned toe to each other.
However, this disease is amenable to correction at an early stage due to the fact that the child’s bone system has been formed for more than one year. It is to ensure that the position of the child’s feet is correct, orthopedic physicians are prescribed a specific treatment - anti-torn shoes for children.
The value of such shoes
Thanks to this shoe, the child does not fall on the inner side of the foot, so the socks are divorced in different directions from each other. The child rests on three main points: the inner and outer parts of the foot and the heel, that is, the entire area of the sole.
So antivirusny shoes excludes the possibility of bending and putting the leg wrong.
Invaluable value antiwalled shoes:
- thanks to her, the load on the unformed children's foot is distributed correctly,
- it fixes the heel and toe, but it does not allow the leg to hang,
- the child steps on the foot as it should be and presses on it with the whole body, and thanks to this, the baby's back does not get tired and with a long walk the legs do not hurt,
- Wearing antivirus footwear does not cause a child any discomfort.
Children's antivarusnaya shoes: how to choose?
Having heard the diagnosis from the doctor, many parents do not rush to the store to buy anti-tart shoes, arguing that the disease is not very serious and will pass by itself. There are those who refuse to purchase because of the very high prices for children's shoes. But every parent must understand and realize that the child’s health cannot be assessed.
For the prevention and treatment of clubfoot, antivirus shoes are a necessary purchase. Choosing it for your baby, you should know that it is slightly different from the usual orthopedic shoes. There is no arch support. This part is necessary for the treatment of flatfoot, but is not recommended for clubfoot.
Antivirus shoes must be the correct size: no less, no more. In no case can not get medical shoes for growth - it should fix the leg well, not allowing it to bend and move. Otherwise, there will be no point in treating clubfoot.
The heel of the anti-talus shoes should be slightly deepened due to the special cup, notch. The back of the leg should be kept strictly vertically.
Genuine anti-torn shoes have a lace-up or high adjustable fastener. As well as a high heel that does not allow the heel to crawl, but securely fixes it in the desired position.
And the last thing: antivirus medical footwear works wonders with a children's leg only up to 6-7 years old, when the bones are still being formed, and the ligaments are quite elastic.
The clubfoot, in medicine denoted by the term "varus", implies the wrong arrangement of the feet, which, when walking, become not straight, but collapse outwards. It is possible to correct this situation, but only after consulting and prescribing an orthopedic surgeon.
Antivirus footwear is designed to remove the foot, that is, bring it to a straight, correct position. Thanks to special tailoring, the load when walking is distributed evenly, preventing curvature.
Outwardly, such shoes may look a little ridiculous, because it will seem to you that the left and right shoes are swapped. But this is its feature.
Such shoes must meet several important characteristics.
- High hard berets. They securely fix the ankle joint, which prevents the leg from “dangling” and prevents further deformation of the foot and joints.
- The insole is made, depending on the severity of the clubfoot and its localization - heel, toes, general. It makes walking softer and prevents the leg from getting very tired.
- The instep is missing. It is strictly contraindicated in kosolapii, unlike flatfoot.
- The heel is extended from the outside (Thomas’s heel), and the socks are slightly turned out.
- Velcro or full-height lacing for more precise adjustment.
- In the heel area there is necessarily a dimple. This will help the heel not to move out and always be in the right position.
The design developed in this way provides a uniform effect when walking on three points:
- middle outer part of the foot,
- inner heel.
If the load is distributed correctly, the back and legs of the child do not get tired, and the blood circulation in the lower extremities improves.
Immediately it is worth noting that children's anti-tally shoes can not be cheap. It is always made from natural materials, in particular leather, and often, on the basis of individual needs, that is, under the order.
Factory options are also possible, but they are best purchased in specialized departments and stores.
Never buy shoes and shoes for growth, the size should be as accurate as possible, because the therapeutic effect largely depends on it.
Do not buy therapeutic shoes without a child. He should measure it, be like it, and you will be convinced that the correction has become noticeable.
You should not worry that the child will feel discomfort in the process of wearing. Following the recommendations of the doctor in the selection process, you will receive a pair, which in no way will hamper the movement of the child.
The greatest effectiveness has the treatment, which is carried out at the age of 4-5 years. At this age, ligaments still have a high elasticity, which contributes to a more rapid solution to the problem. In combination with shoes, massage and special gymnastics, which improve the effectiveness of treatment, are not superfluous.
In cases of relapse, orthopedists insist on more serious methods of correcting the varus - plastering or wearing special fixation devices.
A timely visit to the doctor will allow you to identify the problem at an early stage, when you can still fix it without surgical intervention. Be attentive to the health of your baby and do not neglect the planned visits to specialists.