To find an effective help, it is important to know the reason why lips become worn out. And it does not always arise from external influence - wind and moisture. Many diseases of the internal organs, the oral mucosa or the general condition of the body leads to this. It is important to find out the reason why the lips of a child or an adult dry all the time, because that is why they lick them, which leads to weathering.
- Infectious, viral diseases,
- Vitamin deficiency
- Diseases leading to dry mouth and dry lips (diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, gallbladder, Sjogren's Syndrome (dry syndrome), helminthic invasions,
- Lack of water in the body (dehydration, thick blood),
- Allergic reaction,
- Cheilitis or zaedy (inflammation of the red border and mucous lips) as an independent disease or as one of the symptoms of internal diseases. See Mouth Fissures
- Exposure to wind
- Dust exposure
- Excessive ultraviolet radiation,
- The habit of constantly licking, biting lips (neurological pathology),
- The use of substandard care products,
- Using toothpaste with high fluoride content,
- Eating too hot or cold food.
The first sign that the lips are weathered is dryness, tightness, roughness and soreness of the skin. The upper lip suffers less, but the lower one gets more. The skin around the lips suffers - it becomes dry and reddened. If you do not take action, the skin of the lips begins to peel off, crack, bleed and inflame. When talking and eating, dried cracks burst again. It causes pain and discomfort. Adding an infection can lead to skin suppuration.
Lip Care Rules
Proper care of thin and delicate skin is the basis of beauty and health of the lips.
- Watch for humidity and indoor temperature: t 20-21 C, humidity 50%,
- Avoid excessively hot / cold food,
- Do not wipe your lips with a towel after washing, taking a shower,
- Lubricate your lips with a special moisturizer every time after water treatments,
- If you are prone to dryness, lubricate your lips with natural cocoa butter,
- In the summer, use lipstick or balm with a UV filter,
- In the cold season, use wide scarves. Before going outside, moisten the skin of the lips with olive oil, use a special protective lipstick. Hygienic lipstick moisturizes the skin of the lips, prevents evaporation of moisture.
- Life hacking will help people who constantly have their lips worn out. In an empty, washed tube of lip gloss, add 15-20 drops of olive oil and carry the tool with you. At the first sign of drying skin of the lips, lubricate them with an applicator dipped in oil.
How to smear chapped lips: pharmaceuticals and drugs
What to do if your lips are weathered:
- If you notice that the lips began to peel off, ordinary petrolatum will help. The preparation based on mineral oils and paraffins has a softening effect, softens the stratum corneum. Vaseline helps in cases if it has become chapped around the lips - it is enough to lubricate the skin with a means a couple of times a day.
- Ointment with wax or lanolin is a good tool at the initial stage. These components prevent the loss of moisture from the surface of the lips.
- The initial stage of obvetriv can be cured by Aevit - an oil solution of vitamins A and E. If you lubricate your lips with the drug 2-3 times a day, in a few days there will be no trace of the problem.
- Calendula and sea buckthorn oils have a similar effect. In addition to the softening effect, the oils relieve inflammation and accelerate the regeneration of the skin.
- Than to smear, when the lips were weathered, cracks and rough peeling appeared? Hydrocortisone ointment will help. The drug is hormonal, but you should not be afraid of it: it does not pose a danger in the local and short-term use. The ointment is applied to the lips 1-2 times a day, not more than 5 days.
- Cream “Burenka” has a good effect: it nourishes dry skin and quickly copes with the problem. Anoint cream need and lips, and the skin around.
- If the problem is associated with a virus (often a herpes infection), etiological treatment is necessary (Acyclovir and others).
- Small and medium-sized cracks are easily cured with a gel based on zinc sulfate, dexpanthenol. Treat damaged areas need 2-3 times a day.
- In advanced cases, if the lips have strongly weathered and inflammation has joined, antibacterial ointment will help.
- If none of the above helped, you need to consult a doctor: a dermatologist, a gastroenterologist, a neurologist.
How fast will the lips heal? With timely treatment, 1-2 days are sufficient. If cracks have formed, crusts - at least 1 week.
Traditional methods of treatment
Cured weathered lips can be at home. Available products help eliminate the problem no worse than pharmaceuticals.
- Bee Honey . The useful product softens the dried crusts, promotes healing of small cracks. 1-2 times a day is enough to apply honey on the lips with a thick layer for 15 minutes to make the skin look healthy.
- Mask of cream and cottage cheese. Products should be mixed in equal proportions, put a thick layer on the lips for 15 minutes. After 2-3 days, the skin will find softness and tenderness.
- Mask of avocado. Fresh avocado should be grind into a pulp, put on the lips for 10 minutes. Avocado pulp is rich in fatty acids that nourish the skin and accelerate the healing process.
- Mask of fresh cucumber. It has a quick effect. It is necessary to grate a cucumber on a coarse grater, put on the lips for 10 minutes. After removing the mask on the skin, you must apply olive oil (to consolidate the effect).
- Mask of apple and milk. Pulp one apple boil in milk, apply a thick layer on the lips for 20 minutes.
- Healing ointment with strong chapped lips. An effective recipe, for the preparation of which you need to take 1 tbsp. Vaseline, cocoa butter, decoction of chamomile and beeswax melted in a water bath, mix and boil for 1-2 minutes. Apply the cooled ointment on the lips 2-3 times a day for 10 minutes.
- Mask of flax and amaranth oil. A proven remedy if the problem has become chronic. Mix components in equal parts, add 2 drops of aloe juice or sea buckthorn extract. Apply for 10 minutes on damaged lips. When it comes to prevention, 5 minutes is enough.
- Mask of sea buckthorn oil, honey, propolis. Quick help cracked lip skin. Take 50 grams. honey, 20 gr. glycerin, 10 ml propolis tincture, 15 gr. sea buckthorn oil. All mix and apply on the lips with a thick layer twice a day.
- Mask from aloe. A medicinal plant with known regenerating properties also helps in case of lips exposed to heat. It is necessary to take a fresh sheet, divided into 2 parts, squeeze a few drops of juice. Apply the juice to the damaged skin of the lips several times a day.
- Compress from oils (almond, olive, sea buckthorn, jojoba). Mix the oils in equal proportions, soak the napkin with means heated to body temperature, slightly squeeze, hold for 20-25 minutes.
- Salt compress. A good recipe, if the lips have not yet formed cracks. For its preparation it is necessary to dissolve 1 tbsp. salt in 500 ml of water, soak a piece of gauze in the solution and apply to the lips for 10 minutes. Then remove the compress, wipe the lips with a cotton pad moistened with water and smear with a greasy cream. Repeat the procedure for 5 days.
- Compress from tea. Apply a bag of brewed tea, previously moistened in hot water and cooled to body temperature, to cracked lips. 10 minutes is enough.
- Lip peeling. It will help to remove dead tissue, make the skin soft and soft:
- soft bristled toothbrush. Hold the brush in warm water for several minutes and gently wipe the lips after removing any mask. The softened skin particles are removed,
- sugar peeling. Mix a little olive oil with 1 tsp. Sahara. Rub the lips after the mask,
- candied honey. 1 tsp apply honey on lips and massage for 2 minutes. Wash off the remnants of the mask and apply olive oil to the lips,
- delicate scrub from coffee grounds and oatmeal. Soak oatmeal in water and mix in equal proportions with coffee grounds. Place the mixture in cheesecloth and apply to lips for 20 minutes.
After any procedure for removing horny skin, lips should be lubricated with hygienic lipstick. This universal remedy protects against dryness and cracking. Moreover, hygienic lipstick should be used by children, adults, including men: there is nothing shameful about this, and protection against weathering is guaranteed.
The child's lips were weathered - what to do?
The child's lips were chapped and chapped. In 90% associated with the habit of licking and biting lips. And the problem is quickly aggravated: the skin cracks, bleeds and peels off, the child can not eat and talk normally.
- The initial stage will cure hygienic children's lipstick, which should be used several times a day, especially before going out.
- If cracks have formed, you should lubricate the lips with Lanovit or Purelan cream.
- The ointment and jelly of Solcoseryl have a pronounced wound-healing effect. If there are cracks and wounds in children from 1 year old, you can use these drugs.
- Universal remedies that save in a situation where a child's lips have become thinner: calendula oil, sea buckthorn oil, olive oil, cocoa, honey, petroleum jelly. They need to be on hand, if the lips of the baby often chapped.
If the problem is chronic, the child should be examined by a gastroenterologist, a dermatologist, an infectious disease specialist and a neurologist.
Basic rules will help prevent the problem.
- Use moisturizing lip balms (preferably with hyaluronic acid and vitamins in the composition) after a shower, before going out: "Aevit", "Zashchitny", Labello, Neutrogena, Clean Line "Against chapping", "Ambulance", "From cracks "Biokon," Ambulance "BelorDesign, etc. Balms for the summer must have protection from ultraviolet rays.
- Moisten the dry air in the rooms (use a humidifier, airing). Dry air dries the skin of the lips.
- Do not use alcohol-based cosmetics, products with menthol, retinol in the winter. These ingredients dry the skin and provoke a problem.
- Give preference to high-quality lip skin care and makeup products - cheap ones can cause allergies.
- Give up smoking. An unhealthy habit is dangerous for health and negatively affects the skin of the lips. If you do not completely stop smoking, then at least do not do it in cold and windy weather.
- Get rid of the habit of biting and licking your lips. The person does this automatically when the skin is dry. But such actions only exacerbate the problem.
- Revise the diet. It is important that the daily menu contains foods high in vitamin B2 (liver, mushrooms, nuts), A, E (liver, vegetable oils, cereals, legumes, green vegetables, sea buckthorn, rowan), calcium (dairy products).
- Drink plenty of water.
If your lips are weathered and sore, you should not wait for the situation to resolve itself. The sooner you begin to heal, the faster your lips will look healthy.
So why lips become chapped? Of course, the main reason is the intense exposure to wind. And not necessarily ice, but hot, so excessive drying of the skin in the summer on the beach is far from uncommon. Relevant to chapped lips causes and other nature.
- Frequent licking in the wind - a bad habit gives only a temporary effect, but in fact provokes even more draining of the skin. Lick lips can not be in winter or summer.
- Dry indoor air - in the summer we air the rooms and office space much more often than in the winter, which helps to maintain a normal humidity level. In cold times, the windows are usually closed, and the operating heaters almost completely dry the air. In this setting, not only the skin of the lips dries, which in principle does not have fatty channels for at least some natural moisturizing. But also skin of hands and face, more resistant to external factors. That is why the use of humidifiers in heated premises is the most important factor of our beauty in winter.
- Disease - it is a case of SARS or illness of the flu that causes nasal congestion. In these situations, one just wants to breathe through the mouth, but doing so is extremely harmful, since not only the lips, but also the mucous membranes of the mouth dry, reducing the body's resistance to infections. Therefore, the use of vasoconstrictor drops with nasal congestion is extremely important.
- Avitaminosis - it usually occurs in winter or spring, especially vividly manifested in women who follow diets. The lack of a normal level of vitamins (A, C, E) in the diet is externally manifested by dry lips. In order to prevent it, it is necessary to normalize the diet or consult with a therapist about taking a vitamin complex.
- Lack of proper care - aggressive exposure to the environment qualitatively eliminates creams, balsams and hygienic lipsticks. They do not answer the question of what to do if the lips are severely chapped, but are excellent prevention of this condition. Be sure to use these tools, and take care not only about yourself. There are special balms in comfortable tubes for children and men, so that none of your family weary lips.
But if the problem is already there and the lips become light, then how quickly to cure them becomes a burning issue. We recommend using peels and masks: first clean the hardened skin, and then moisturize it qualitatively.
What should I do if my lips are severely chapped? The simplest means help, for example, peeling from honey and sugar:
- Mix a teaspoon of liquid honey with a pinch of sugar.
- Massage this mixture lips for a couple of minutes, rinse.
Vaseline peeling works well:
- Apply to the lips softened Vaseline, massage them with a soft toothbrush for 2 minutes.
- Remove the product with a tissue.
After peeling, apply a moisturizing mask.
- Cottage cheese - mix fat cream with cottage cheese, apply on lips and hold for 10 minutes.
- Olive - lubricate the surface of the lips with olive oil.
- Cucumber - rub the cucumber on a grater and apply the resulting gruel for 15 minutes on damaged skin.
After the procedures, take care to lubricate the sponge with any moisturizing cream.
The decision of what to do when the lips have become thinner is not only peels and masks. To speed up the recovery of the skin, you can use the following tools.
- Vitamin E - it is sold in capsules at the pharmacy. It is an excellent tool for daily treatment of the skin, protects it from drying out.
- Lip balm is an ideal remedy with hyaluronic acid, but it will help another, on a natural basis. In addition, you should abandon lipsticks containing alcohol, menthol, retinol or glycerin, as well as from ultra-resistant gloss that dries the skin. If there are cracks on the lips for a while, completely give up on lipsticks, preferring to regularly lubricate them with balsam.
- Sour cream and honey - will support the sponges, which begin to show dryness. Sour cream in the morning is a good remedy than smearing chapped lips, as it contains fat that prevents skin from drying out. Honey apply in the evening as a means to restore the skin and eliminate the risk of bacterial inflammation.
Include regular massage in your sponge care program. It is convenient to make it with a soft-bristled toothbrush, on which you should apply sage ointment or a few drops of almond or patchouli oils. Massage the skin with light movements, and she will answer you with a beautiful appearance at any time of the year!
For the little ones
Prevention of obvetrivany:
- lip balm in the form of hygienic lipstick “Belweder”,
- Cream against chapping “Chicco”,
- “Special cream” from “Our mother”. Suitable for face and hand skin,
- Cream "Frost",
- Cream for children "Tik-Tak"
- Cream of wind and weather "Sanosan".
If your baby has a lip cracked by chapping:
- "Bepanten" ointment.
Look like that's it. I would be glad if you share your experience with weathering.
I wish you always have healthy skin and lips, regardless of any conditions!
Why lips become chapped
Here are some factors and conditions that may be the cause of chapped lips.
- People say that the lips become chapped if kissing in the wind. There is some truth in this - the airflow and moisture on the lips will immediately lead to a feeling of tightness. Therefore, we must get rid of the habit of biting and licking his lips on the street.
- Often the lips become chapped at sudden changes in temperature, when we go into the heated room from the cold or, conversely, from the heat of the street we get into the air-conditioned space.
- Very often the lips dry in winter, but not because of the frost, but because of the dry air in the rooms. In winter, heating works with might and main, the radiators dry the air very much, the humidity decreases, due to this the lips also dry out.
- Очень часто губы обветриваются, стягиваются и шелушатся при авитаминозе. Чаще всего сказывается недостаток витаминов А, В и Е, которые отвечают за эластичность кожи. Подобное случается весной, когда организм истощен отсутствием свежих фруктов и овощей.
- Lips can wear out with a cold and any other long-term diseases that are accompanied by nasal congestion.
- In some cases, dryness and reddening of the lips can be the result of an allergic reaction to toothpaste, poor quality or expired cosmetics, and food products.
It is very important to know the cause of the chapped lips, because in one case the lips themselves need to be treated, and in the other one the provoking factor should be changed in the form of dry air or beriberi.
How to treat chapped lips
Here are a few tricks, tips and tricks to help you cure your weathered and tight lips.
- Do not lick your lips! It is necessary to get rid of this bad habit as soon as possible. To do this, paint your lips with bright lipstick, so smoothly that you feel sorry for spoiling a similar beauty. Buy scarlet lipstick to get rid of this obsessive habit.
- Use hygienic lipstick. In a cosmetics shop, choose a quality lipstick so that it constantly nourishes lips with vitamins and beneficial oils. Do not use cheap analogues - they are made on the basis of paraffin, which closes the access of oxygen and only aggravates the situation.
- Protect your lips! In the summer, in extreme heat and in winter, with a strong frost, the lips need enhanced protection. Use special protective lipsticks that will protect the delicate skin of the lips from ultraviolet radiation (with a high level of SPF) and low temperatures. In addition, wear wide-brimmed hats in the summertime; in the winter, hide your lips in scarves and jacket collar.
- Do a massage. To enhance blood circulation in the area of the lips, you need to regularly massage them. To do this, take a sponge or toothbrush and gently walk your lips from one corner to another. A rush of blood will help renew cells and tissues. With a daily massage, the lips will become tender and smooth after a week.
- Exfoliate. To remove the top dead skin layer of dead scales from the skin, you need to make a peeling. Take any scrub that you have at home. If there is no scrub, you can do it yourself. Mix a pinch of sugar with a little lemon juice and olive oil. Take a bit of the mixture and gently rub it over your lips. Citric acid gently corrodes old skin, sugar cleans off scaly areas, and oil softens the scrub effect and gives skin nourishment.
- Vitamins A and E. If the body, and in particular, the skin, lacks vitamins, use these vitamins externally. The pharmacy needs to buy vitamin A and E in ampoules, mix them and pour into a small glass bottle. Smear lips cooked makeup in the morning and evening.
- Refusal of harmful cosmetics. If you have very sensitive skin of the lips, the choice of cosmetics should be approached very carefully. Do not choose lipstick, which includes paraffin, glycerin, alcohol or menthol - these compounds are quite aggressive.
- Hyalouran acid. This component is considered the most natural and useful, buy hyalouranic acid based lipstick.
- Pharmaceutical ointment. Use medicines that will help you normalize the water balance of the lips. Panthenol contributes to the rapid regeneration of skin cells, it heals injuries, improves skin elasticity and makes it softer. It works very well hormonal ointment Hydrocartisone. It relieves inflammation and irritation, heals wounds, relieves peeling and reduces swelling. Hydrocartisone is also effective in food allergies. Another ointment that may be useful to you is Cycoderma. It is a safe drug based on medicinal extracts. The ointment eliminates puffiness, heals deep cracks in the corners of the lips, protects against the unpleasant feeling of tightness.
- Vitamins inside. Be sure to take multivitamin complexes in winter and spring, when there is not enough fresh fruit and vegetables. At other times, lean on fresh greens, season salads with natural oils, drink fish oil. This will help you saturate the body with vitamins A, B and E.
These simple rules and recommendations will help you keep the beauty and femininity of your lips.
Homemade masks to moisturize the skin of the lips
If you could not keep your lips in perfect shape, they look tight, weathered and flaky, you need to go to rehabilitation measures as soon as possible.
- Cosmetic oils. Each bottle of cosmetic oil contains a large amount of vitamin E. You can moisturize the skin with the help of sesame, hemp, lavender or olive oil. It heals and relieves sea buckthorn oil very well. Just put a drop of oil on the skin and let it soak in, and after half an hour wipe off the residue with a paper napkin.
- Honey. Honey itself has a powerful healing and soothing effect. Just brush with honey lips and do not lick them at least half an hour! Then an effective medicine can be eaten.
- Sour cream. Lips can be restored quickly with the help of sour cream, which contains a lot of fat that nourishes the epidermis. Apply high-fat sour cream on the skin and let it soak.
- Egg. The egg yolk contains a large amount of nutritional components that moisturize the skin of the lips and restore their water balance. Apply fresh yolk to lips and leave to dry completely. Then the mask should be washed off and fix the result with any nutritious cream or oil.
Reanimation of lips is not difficult, you just need to look into the kitchen and choose the most delicious and useful ingredient for treatment.
To keep your lips from getting light, you need to take care of them. Protect lips in aggressive weather conditions - skin is afraid of salty sea water, ultraviolet radiation, wind and frost. Do not lick lips on the street, use balms and hygienic lipsticks, use only high-quality cosmetics and avoid allergens. If you have a cold, you should start treatment in a timely manner and be sure to use vasoconstrictor drops or sprays to open nasal breathing. Air the room and moisten the air, eat in a balanced way. Follow these simple rules and you will be able to keep your lips soft and smooth for years to come.
What is winding?
The wind is, in fact, a stream of air. Remember what happens to your hair when drying a hairdryer. That's right, they dry out. Approximately the same thing happens with the skin under the influence of the wind. And if the wind is dry, cold or hot, then the situation is only aggravated.
When skinning, the skin of the hands and lips becomes very dry and rough, it can crack in some places, which causes inconvenience. Redness and even itching may also occur.
Why does the skin wear out?
What are the causes of obvetrivaniya? The most important is the impact of the wind. But not everyone is faced with this problem, some skin is in a normal state. There are a number of factors that increase the likelihood of weathering in any weather:
- Habit licking lips. As a result of licking lips become wet, and the wind falling on them quickly evaporates moisture, which leads to increased dryness.
- If you constantly bite your lips, then you also run the risk of chapping, because in your case the skin of this area of the face is very thin and delicate, and therefore it is exposed to negative influences.
- Wrong care. The skin requires care and care. If you do not moisturize your hands and lips, or use poor quality and especially overdue cosmetics, then you will not avoid problems.
- Lack of fluid. The skin cannot be moistened only from the outside, it takes liquid and from the inside too. And if there is not enough moisture in the body, then the skin will be excessively dry and prone to chapping and cracking.
- Eating sour or spicy foods can also affect the condition of the lips.
- Lack of protection. Both lips and hands need protection from negative environmental factors. If they are not protected, the skin will suffer.
- Some nutrients affect the skin. So with a lack of vitamins or minerals, lips and hands may bleach.
- Allergies can manifest as increased dryness of the skin.
- Exposure to sunlight. A beautiful tan is great, but ultraviolet dries the skin, so take care.
- Dry skin can be a symptom of a disease (including infectious).
What should I do if my lips or hands are weathered? Immediately begin to act. Let us dwell on several important points.
If the hands and lips are severely chapped, they will need special care. Go to the pharmacy and buy special tools.
- Get healing lip balm. Pay special attention to its composition. It would be better if it contains only natural and useful components, for example, glycerin, vitamins E and A. An anti-inflammatory effect is exerted by a substance such as panthenol, it promotes tissue regeneration and eliminates inflammation. Moisturize lips will help natural oils: almond, olive, wheat germ oil and some others.
- When obvetrivanii hands need a special cream. It should also contain moisturizing ingredients (for example, oils), vitamins (E and A are especially important) and anti-inflammatory components (the same panthenol). Additives in the composition should be avoided, they are not needed and can be harmful.
- At the time of treatment, refuse to use decorative cosmetics, it can harm. And after fixing the problem, it is better to use products with a moisturizing effect; they will protect against repeated weathering.
- Choose soft care products. For example, replace the usual soap with liquid, enriched with vitamins and oils.
It is extremely important to eat right.
- First, drink enough fluids, drink at least two liters per day.
- Secondly, make sure that your diet is balanced and varied. Eat foods rich in vitamin A: carrots, paprika, liver, sea buckthorn, persimmon, and so on. Vitamin E, which is found in oils and nuts, is also extremely important. Do not forget about the B vitamins. You can get them from leafy greens, asparagus, legumes, dairy products, eggs, meat and fish.
- Thirdly, discard harmful products or at least reduce their number. These include: fried and spicy dishes, smoked, marinated, fast food and convenience foods.
Can be effective and folk remedies, such as masks, compresses, and more. Here are some of them:
- You can rub into the hands of the oil. Suitable flaxseed, almond, olive or wheat germ oil. Just rub it into the skin at night and go to sleep. To enhance the effect, you can wear special mittens or gloves.
- Oil can be rubbed into the skin of the lips.
- Moisturizing Vitamin Lip Mask You will need 1 tablespoon of fat cottage cheese and the same amount of carrot juice (or grated carrot). Mix components, then apply the mass on the lips for half an hour, then remove the composition with a napkin.
- Oil masks with vitamins are effective and beneficial. Take olive oil or something else as a basis. In the pharmacy, buy vitamins E and A (soluble) in ampoules. For one tablespoon of oil you will need 5-10 drops of vitamins. Apply the mixture on the lips and hands for an hour or two, and then gently remove the residue with a paper towel.
- Wax applications. You will need natural beeswax and honey. Heat the wax to make it almost liquid, add honey. Apply the composition to your hands and lips for 40-60 minutes, and then carefully remove the frozen mass. Wear gloves to increase the effect on your hands.
- Prepare apple ointment. Grate a half of the apple with a grater, mix with 30-50 grams of softened butter. Apply the compound to problem areas for an hour, and then rinse with warm water or wipe with a paper napkin.
- Mix Vaseline with castor oil (in equal proportions), apply to the skin of the lips and hands, leave for a few hours or better overnight.
How to protect the skin from weathering?
The best remedy is prevention. Some important rules:
- Choose cosmetics, given the time of year. So, in the summer, use products with a sunscreen effect, and in the winter, choose cosmetics with components that protect against the negative effects of cold, snow and wind. Apply these tools need for 15-20 minutes before leaving the house.
- Moisten your skin regularly!
- Eat right and give up bad habits (alcohol and nicotine adversely affect the skin).
- Wear gloves or mittens in winter!
- Do not bite or lick your lips!
- Watch your health.
- Use high-quality cosmetics.
May your lips and hands be healthy, tender and beautiful.