Even a completely healthy person may notice that after a long standing or walking, his legs began to swell. Women also complain about these feelings after they remove high-heeled shoes. In addition, various injuries can become the causes of edema, which in the complex brings not only discomfort, but also the urgent question of how to help it.
The reasons for which you may feel discomfort in your legs, and find that even familiar shoes began to press, maybe a few.
- Heredity. Unfortunately, such physiological features can be transmitted genetically, and both men and women are subject to the same degree.
- Such problems may indicate diseases of the cardiovascular system, the thyroid gland and the kidneys.
- Excess weight, due to its load on the legs, can also cause swollen conditions.
- Often the problem is observed during pregnancy.
And as for injuries, blows, pinches or even sprains, and no one is insured. In such situations, it is important to choose the right ointment, which will help remove not only the external manifestations, but also relieve pain.
The action of gels and similar drugs is based on reducing inflammation at the site of edema. They also have absorbable properties, penetrating deep into tissues and speeding up the process of cell regeneration.
Doctors recommend, first of all, for treating hematomas from bruises to use the product in the form of a gel, since it is able to penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin, and after it you can use creams and warming ointments.
If there were no medications on hand, you can use cold compresses or foot baths with cool water. They will narrow the vessels and remove the discomfort.
What to smear?
From theory to practice and consider the best drugs to help cope with edema.
- Heparin ointment. It is possible to use this inexpensive tool in case of injuries, the initial stage of varicose veins and in a situation with very tired legs.
It includes benzocaine (capable of relieving pain) and sodium heparin (it has a resolving effect). Depending on the extent of the problem, it is necessary to rub the ointment 1 to 3 times a day, applying a thin layer of the agent.
Lioton-gel and Trombless-gel have the same effect, the main active ingredient in which is also sodium heparin.
- Cream "Mama comfort". This magic wand for those whose work requires constant movement. At the end of the day, the innovative formula of balm will save tired legs, which will relieve painful sensations, as well as strengthen the walls of blood vessels and improve blood circulation in the limbs. By the way, produce cream in Russia.
- Troxevasin. It has a venous effect, eliminates pain and has a pleasant cooling effect.
- Essaven gel. Strengthens the capillaries of the legs, tones the veins, stimulates blood microcirculation and reduces inflammation. Effectively removes pain, and when applied to the skin does not leave sticky marks.
The means allowed during pregnancy
Fluorosis in the body often causes edema during pregnancy. In addition, the load on the legs, especially in recent months, becomes quite strong, which is reflected in their condition.
But in this position, women are not allowed all the means, so before you buy an ointment or gel, you should consult with your doctor. Among those whose instructions there is no information about the negative impact on the woman and the fetus, are indicated:
- Troxevasin. It exists in the form of a gel and capsules. They have a calming effect and, thanks to the active substance - troxerutin, strengthen the walls of capillaries and blood vessels, accelerate the outflow of blood. You can apply them from edema of different origin: during pregnancy, after injuries, with venous insufficiency and thrombophlebitis.
- Venitan. Eases edematous conditions, helps to remove post-traumatic hematomas. It is based on horse chestnut extract, a natural remedy that almost never causes allergic reactions. It is a good complement to compression therapy.
- Lioton 1000. Active ingredient - already known sodium heparin. Effectively removes swelling in a short period, improving blood circulation. May cause allergies, therefore, consultation of the doctor is required.
Medicines will help to quickly deal with fatigue in the legs, remove pain, relieve inflammation and hematomas on the body, but if the condition does not improve within a few days of use, consult a doctor.
Causes of Edema
Edema is an excessive accumulation of fluid in the tissues, and the reasons for this may be different.
Among the most likely are the following:
- Malfunctions of the urogenital system and kidneys.
- Problems in the cardiovascular system.
- Consumption in excess of salt and fluid.
- Frequent tricks of aspirin.
- Acceptance of steroids and vasodilators.
- Infectious diseases.
Very often, edema can be caused by kidney, intestinal, varicose, thrombosis and heart diseases, thyroid problems, leg fatigue.
The doctor can identify the cause of the edema, and only he can prescribe decongestants.
Diuretic drugs for swelling of the legs
Before you use any diuretic drug, you need to know exactly the cause of edema. In most cases, it is the edema that is the first alarm bell that says that some of the internal organs are not working properly.
Using diuretics, you can temporarily remove the swelling, but the reason will remain, and after a while the edema may return again. That is why it is very important to consult a doctor who will find the cause and prescribe a complex treatment, which will also include anti-edema drugs.
Medications for swelling of the legs
As we have said, the doctor must determine the cause of the swelling. If these are not nutritional characteristics and not professional activities, then it is necessary to carry out a diagnosis before prescribing a treatment. Complex therapy can in the shortest possible time show a positive trend. Diuretics not only provide temporary relief, but can also cause harm to the body, as they reduce the level of potassium, which is considered an indispensable element for optimal heart function.
To strengthen the capillaries, it is necessary to ensure the entry of rutin into the body, which reduces fragility and increases vascular permeability. Also in the body should be enough heparin, it is used for the prevention and treatment of thromboembolic diseases. But most often doctors prefer ointments and creams to help with swelling of the feet.
One of the most effective and in great demand is considered an anti-edema "Indomethacin". But before applying it is necessary to study the contraindications.
Effective against edema drug "Indomethacin." Instructions for use contains information that it perfectly relieves inflammation in the lower extremities, helps with edema. Also, this drug is considered an excellent analgesic and antipyretic agent.
If you decide to use indometacin ointment, the instructions for use contain detailed information on the application, follow its instructions. If you apply the ointment on the legs, then it not only helps to relieve pain, but also significantly reduces swelling and erythema.
This drug is sold in the form of tablets, candles, injections, but it is the ointment that gives the effect that is expected of it. It is also achieved quite quickly.
Effective ointment for swelling of the legs
Well and, most importantly, effectively remove swelling decongestants ointment, which in a pharmacy a huge amount. The most popular are:
- "Essaven Gel" - used for varicose veins, inflammatory processes, fatigue and circulatory disorders in the legs.
- Heparin ointment - is used for inflammation of the walls of the veins, located close to the skin, and with blockage.
- "Venitan" (gel or cream), which includes horse chestnut seed. It helps to strengthen the walls of the capillaries and reduces their fragility. Blood does not stagnate in the veins, and thus swelling is reduced.
- "Troxevasin". The composition of this drug includes rutin, which relieves swelling in the legs, removes inflammation and reduces the permeability of the capillary wall.
- "Lioton 1000" is used for varicose veins, thrombophlebitis, bruises and hematomas.
Folk remedies for edema
Before embarking on medication and using decongestants, you can try folk remedies.
For varicose disease, rubbing the lower limbs is not recommended. In such cases, it is best to use elderberry leaves that are applied to the nodes.
Salt bath will be very useful for legs that are tired, it will help relax muscles and relieve tension. Water should be cool.
Another folk decongestant that is found in every home is ice, which is prepared from the infusion of medicinal herbs: sage, cornflower, chamomile, mint and yarrow.
Also, when edema of the lower extremities well help baths of infusion of horsetail, chamomile and sage.
What to do if the legs swell?
There is no definite answer as to which medicine to drink for edema of the legs, since the therapeutic program is made individually, taking into account the main reasons that provoked the pathological process, and the condition of the patient himself.
If the puffiness has arisen as a result of the occurrence of cardiovascular diseases, kidney diseases or metabolic disorders, then the primary disease should be treated first. However, you need to change your usual way of life, adjust the diet, as well as reduce fluid intake.
Drug therapy is based on the use of anti-edematous drugs, intended for ingestion, and external ointments and creams.
Varieties of diuretic drugs
It is quite difficult to find a cure for edema of the legs, since there are a huge number of different drugs. In addition, it is worth remembering that each type of diuretic drugs has certain contraindications, ignoring which can adversely affect health. Among the main types of diuretics should be allocated such as:
Thiazide preparations help to eliminate the swelling of the legs, but not for long, and this does not happen immediately. However, their admission does not require restrictions in the consumption of liquids and salt. Loop drugs have high performance, so you need to take them in the morning. They are characterized by the removal of trace elements from the body, so they need to be used very carefully.
The effectiveness of potassium-sparing drugs is quite low, but they do not remove trace elements. Mainly used with other drugs. The action of osmotic preparations is aimed at removing excess fluid from the tissues. The peculiarity is that it is excreted by the kidneys. In this regard, these drugs are contraindicated for people suffering from kidney disease. Combined tools combine the effect of several drugs at once.
Diuretic drugs against leg edema without pathologies
Edema can occur without the development of major pathologies, and in this case they are purely physiological in nature. Diuretics are used to treat these types of edema. They are a powerful remedy for edema of the legs, and their action is aimed at removing excess fluid from the body. The most popular drugs are:
These drugs help to normalize the water-salt balance and prevent excessive fluid accumulation in the tissues of the limbs. Even with a small dosage, the result from the use of this drug is noticeable almost immediately. To choose the most optimal course of taking the medicine, as well as the dosage, you need to consult a doctor. Also their feature is that they can be combined with other drugs, the action of which is aimed at eliminating the underlying disease.
In some cases, there may be swelling of the legs after medication, which occurs as a result of allergies. In this case, it is necessary to take not only diuretics, but also antihistamines, which help to quickly eliminate the main signs of allergy.
Preparations for cardiac and renal edema
Edema can be observed as a result of impaired activity of the heart muscle or kidneys. To eliminate puffiness, you need to conduct a comprehensive treatment that will help get rid of the underlying disease. The most popular drugs for heart swelling of the legs are considered such as:
- diuretics - Piretanid, Bumetanide, ethacrynic acid,
- cardiac thiazides - Urandil, Moduretik, Dichlothiazide,
- loop diuretics - "Isobar", "Bufenoks", "Trigrim".
As a result of exposure to such drugs, vascular relaxation occurs. As a result of this, blood circulation is normalized. All drugs are characterized by the duration of exposure and the rapid onset of therapeutic effect.
Diuretic drugs for edema of the legs are prescribed in the presence of kidney disease. In this case, loop diuretics and potassium-sparing drugs are prescribed. Among such drugs you need to select such as:
Prescribe medication should only a qualified doctor. The required dosage is selected strictly individually, taking into account the patient's well-being and the results of the conducted studies.
Treatment of edema with varicose veins
A remedy for swelling of the legs helps to eliminate the swelling that occurs with varicose veins. However, it should be remembered that the solution to this problem requires an integrated approach. During therapy, phlebotonics are often used, in particular, such as "Detralex" and "Eskuzan", as well as blood thinners, for example, "Cardiomagnyl", "Aspekard".
Such drugs help to strengthen the walls of blood vessels, normalize blood microcirculation. Puffiness is very fast due to the dilution of blood. In addition, these tools help to avoid the formation of thrombosis.
Ointments and creams for swelling of the feet
A cure for edema of the legs may be topical. Cream for edema stimulates the outflow of fluid from the extremities and helps to eliminate stress. Due to the wide variety of such drugs, many problems can be solved, bringing discomfort.
It is worth remembering that ointments and creams can not solve the main problem, they only eliminate the discomfort, relieve swelling and heaviness in the legs.
What is part of the cream and the principle of action?
Basically, ointments and creams against puffiness contain such components as:
- tiger grass extract, eliminating puffiness,
- menthol and eucalyptus oil, eliminating fatigue,
- tea tree oil, softening the skin,
- vitamins, oils and tinctures,
In addition, the composition may include other components, it all depends on the drug. Such drugs are considered universal, as they help to solve many problems, in particular, such as:
- elimination of puffiness
- removal of discomfort and tension
- stimulation of blood circulation
- prevention of varicose veins.
Such a tool will help get rid of the discomfort after a hard day's work, as well as eliminate stress.
Review of the best creams against puffiness
Among the most popular ointments and creams that help eliminate puffiness of the feet, you need to highlight such as:
- Heparin ointment,
- "Lioton 1000",
- "Essaven gel".
"Troxevasin" helps eliminate puffiness, inflammation, pain. In addition, it strengthens the blood vessels and veins. Heparin ointment helps to normalize blood circulation, has anti-inflammatory effects.
"Venitane" refers to herbal preparations. It is made on the basis of chestnut hood. This tool has anti-inflammatory and anti-edema effects.
Treatment of edema in pregnant women
Very often during pregnancy there are swelling of the legs. Drug treatment has a positive effect and helps to quickly resolve an existing problem. The occurrence of puffiness during pregnancy is due to an increase in the volume of blood required to feed the mother and fetus. In this regard, the normal functioning of a woman can be disturbed, as the edema causes significant discomfort, especially in the last months of pregnancy.
Not all drugs can be used by pregnant women, so it is advisable to consult a doctor. It is best to apply the means of plant origin to eliminate puffiness. The most popular such as Mamacomfort, MamaCare, Senosan. Такие средства способствуют нормализации обмена веществ, улучшают лимфоотток и препятствуют накоплению жидкости.Among the medication for pregnant women prescribed:
Other drugs are prescribed only if there is a significant risk, since they can be very dangerous for the fetus.
Elimination of puffiness in the elderly
The remedy for edema of the feet for the elderly should be selected with special care, as in the old age there is a violation of metabolic processes, so the drugs should have a complex effect. Puffiness may be permanent or occur periodically.
Lasix and ethacrynic acid are ideal for older people, as they help to quickly get rid of even the most severe puffiness. In addition, the doctor may prescribe such drugs as "Klopamid", "Diuretin", "Oxodolin". Additionally, older patients should take vitamins.
Reviews of diuretic drugs
Many patients believe that the most effective diuretic is "furasemid". This drug has the most positive reviews. This tool is characterized by affordable cost and high performance.
Some note the high effectiveness of the drug "Hypothiazide", which helps to eliminate even the most severe puffiness. "Diacarb" is considered a good remedy, but the body becomes very addictive.
Ointments for bruises, hematomas
- Express bruise — cosmetic cream from bruises, pigment spots (price about 100 rubles)
Contains Spongilla lacustris fragilis sponge extract (Badyagi), if applied immediately after injury, injury to an athlete - cream prevents bruising, if after 2 hours after injury - it disappears after 2 days, if you apply the cream a day after injury - it is eliminated after 3 days.
The cream is applied to the skin in circular motions up to 5 r / day.
- Bruise-off gel with extract of leech, pentoxifylline, BOA, tea, ethoxydiglycol, carbomer (about 100 rubles)
The gel accelerates the resorption of bruises, contributes to the rapid disappearance of bruises, reduces swelling after injuries, surgical interventions. Contraindicated in violation of blood coagulation.
Gel is applied, the bruise-off ointment - 5 p / day, after soaking into the skin after 10 minutes, you can repeat the application of the remedy on the painful area.
- Indovazin - gel for external use, with active substances Indomethacin + Troxerutin (price about 150-180 rubles)
Remedies for injuries with Arnica
Ointments, gels with arnica have anti-inflammatory, local irritating, analgesic, regenerating (wound healing), antibacterial action. Mountain arnica is a perennial medicinal plant that is part of the mass of therapeutic ointments and cosmetic creams.
After applying such funds to the injury, the hematoma stimulates receptors of the subcutaneous tissues and skin, which contributes to the formation of endorphins, enkephalins, which regulate pain, affect vascular permeability, local blood flow is activated, which accelerates the resorption of hemorrhages, in addition, these funds pleasantly cool the place damage.
Indications: this remedy for resorption of subcutaneous hematomas, bruises, for soft tissue injuries, muscle pain, sprains, injuries, abrasions, insect bites, in sports medicine (for athletes with injuries and for massage).
Contraindications: pregnancy, lactation, children under 18 years old, allergic dermatosis, hypersensitivity, violation of the integrity of the skin.
Dosage and method of application: gel or ointment is applied evenly with a thin layer of 2-4 p / day for 1-2 weeks.
Side effect: With prolonged use, the development of blistering dermatitis may occur in places of skin damage.
(the price is 180 rubles)
homeopathic pharmacy (170 rub)
Cream for bruises and bruises. Ingredients: badyaga and arnica 250 rub.
- Arnica (40 rubles)
Heparin ointment - heparin, benzocaine, benzyl nicotinate - price for 25 grams. 60 rub.
Heparin ointment from bruises (hematomas), bruises is most effective, since besides heparin (antithrombotic action), it contains benzyl ester of nicotinic acid (dilates blood vessels), which improves heparin absorption, as well as local anesthetic benzocaine, which has anesthetic effect. The course of treatment by means of which there is a heparin is from 5 to 15 days.
Indications for use: in addition to injuries, bruises of the joints, tendons, muscles, as well as subcutaneous hematomas, is used for edema, trophic ulcers, for external hemorrhoids (treatment), internal hemorrhoids (symptoms), mastitis.
Contraindications: necrotic processes, open wounds, deep venous thrombosis, hypersensitivity. Can not be used in conjunction with NSAIDs, antihistamines, tetracyclines.
Side effects: reddening of the skin, sensation of heat, allergic reactions.
Method of application: applied to the damaged area, if the diameter of the damage is 3-5 cm, then in the amount of 2-4 cm ointment, rubbed 2-3 p / day course of 3-7 days.
- Lioton gel
sodium heparin 30gr.300rub, 50gr.400rub., 100gr.600 rub.
- Trombless gel
Heparin sodium - 30g. 200 rubles, 50g. 300 rub.
Sodium Heparin, price 30 g. - 180rub.50gr.280 p.
sodium heparin, price 30gr. 130 rub.
Active substance - Troxerutin, which reduces capillary fragility, has anti-inflammatory properties, relieves swelling.
- Troxevasin 40 gr. 170 rub.
- Troxerutin - 40 gr. 25-30 rub.
Indications: swelling and pain after sprains, bruises, sprains, as well as dermatitis on the background of varicose veins (see treatment of varicose veins at home), acute thrombophlebitis and periphlebitis.
Contraindications and side effects: hypersensitivity, possibly the development of allergic reactions - dermatitis, eczema (symptoms), urticaria (symptoms).
Dosage and use: 2 times a day (morning and evening) with light movements, gently massaging the gel is applied until it penetrates the skin completely. To use only on the damaged sites, it is impossible to put on open wounds.
Combined ointment with dexpanthenol
In addition to dexpanthenol, such gels can contain the same - heparin, troxerutin (Troxevasin NEO, Venolife), and also allantoin (Hepatrombin) or dimethyl sulfoxide (Dolobene).
Dexpanthenol - when used locally, it is transformed into vitamin B (pantothenic acid), therefore its effectiveness is comparable with the action of pantothenic acid, which promotes the regeneration of damaged skin areas.
Allantoin - has anti-inflammatory effect, promotes cell proliferation of tissues and stimulates the metabolic processes.
Dimethyl sulfoxide - has a local anesthetic effect, because it reduces the speed of pain impulses in peripheral neurons, also contributes to a better penetration into the affected tissue of other drugs that are part of the gel. In addition, dimethyl sulfoxide has a anti-edema effect due to inactivation of hydroxyl radicals and its hygroscopic properties.
- Troxevasin NEO
Ingredients: heparin, dexpanthenol and troxerutin - 40 gr. 220 rub.
- Venolife gel
Ingredients: heparin, dexpanthenol and troxerutin - 40 g.220 rubles. 100 gr 470-550 rub.
Ingredients: Heparin sodium, allantoin, dexpanthenol, 40 gr. 220 rub.
Ingredients: sodium heparin, dexpanthenol, dimethyl sulfoxide 50 gr. 230-300 rubles
Ingredients: Heparinoid, Price: 150-170 rubles.
Heparoid Zentiva reduces the increased blood clotting with injuries, reduces the likelihood of blood clots, edema, hematomas at the site of injury, accelerates the resorption of bruises. As a result of the anticoagulant, anti-inflammatory effect, the sense of tension, pain at the injury site is reduced.
Application: Heparoid is applied to the damaged surface with a layer of 1 mm 2-3 p / day and rubbed until absorbed. With extensive hematomas, it is better to put an impenetrable bandage at night.
Puffiness on face
Often there are not only swelling of the legs, but also faces, and causes can be of various kinds:
- Swollen lymph nodes.
- Sinusitis, due to which swelling of the forehead and upper cheeks.
- Dental infections.
- Eye infections.
- Inflammatory processes of the salivary glands.
- Congenital cysts and tumors.
- Cancer neoplasms.
Decongestants for the face will help relieve the swelling, but only the doctor should prescribe them, after examining the patient and identifying the cause of the swelling.
If the cause of edema on the face is an allergy or hormonal failure, then in this case, use medication. Use nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. They not only help to remove inflammation and swelling in the tissues, but also relieve pain syndrome. The most popular drugs in this case are "Ibuprofen", "Acetaminophen", "Naproxen" and others.
In cases where the cause of edema is a deficiency of magnesium in the body, then you need to use decongestants with the content of this element and consume products with its content.
Inhalation of swelling of the face
Inflammation of the eyes and respiratory organs also very often leads to puffiness in the face. You can remove it with drugs that drip into the nose in order to narrow the vessels. Drugs like Nafazolin, Indanazolin, Tetrizolin and Xylometazoline help to reduce discomfort.
But you can use not only drops in the nose, perfectly relieve swelling and inhalation.
Anti-edematous inhalation is one of the safest and most effective methods of treatment and prevention of rhinitis, acute respiratory infections, pharyngitis, asthma and many other ailments. In the respiratory tract injected active drugs that act not on the entire body, but only on the area where treatment is required.
Inhalations may be wet, dry, steam, oil and heat moist. An anti-edematous mixture for inhalation may consist of herbal ingredients, antibiotics, propolis, honey, mineral water and other substances that are selected individually for each patient.
Useful mixtures for inhalation
Remove inflammation in the airways and sinuses can be a mixture for inhalation. As it can be used:
- A solution of sea salt, which will help in a short time to get rid of the swelling of the sinuses.
- Very good help infusion of yarrow, walnut leaf and Althea. This mixture helps relieve cough in a patient and removes swelling from the face.
- Good help chlorophyll - extract of eucalyptus leaves, this drug helps to cope with a staph infection.
Inhalation has recently been used in the treatment of many diseases of the upper respiratory tract, because they are able to bring the drug directly to the site of the disease.
Infant formulas for inhalation
In most cases, when the disease of the respiratory and nasal sinuses inhalation is prescribed to children. This method is not only useful and simple enough, it is also safe. Unlike drugs, the mixture penetrates the lungs, throat, bronchi, nasal sinuses, while practically does not cause side effects, like many antibiotics. Using inhalation, you can cure bronchitis, tracheitis, sore throat and viral infections more efficiently and much faster.
Today there is a huge amount of inhalation mixtures, but only a few can be called the most effective and popular:
- A mixture of steamed herbs: fir, juniper, eucalyptus leaves and many others. They have an anti-inflammatory and disinfecting effect.
- Heated to 40 degrees honey, diluted with water at a ratio of 1: 5, will also be an excellent means for inhalation.
- Infusion of basil, coriander and essential oils helps to provide antifungal action.
But the most effective means for inhalation in children aged 2 years and older is considered to be a ready-made mixture consisting of ethyl alcohol, purified water, glycerol, eucalyptus tincture and levomenthol. In the pharmacy, it is sold under the name "Mospharm." Due to its natural composition, it has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effect.
Decongestants for the feet or face must be prescribed only by a doctor on the basis of the studies performed and after the cause of the edema has been identified. Self-medication can lead to complications and irreversible processes. It is not difficult to pass the examination, it is after him that you can choose the right treatment complex, which will include anti-edema drugs.
Causes and types
Swelling of the lower extremities - excessive accumulation of fluid in the body. Swollen legs often appear in the evening. Edema mainly affects the feet and ankles. Pathology becomes short-term or permanent. The causes of the first type are often caused by external injuries: bruises, wounds, uncomfortable shoes, excessive drinking. Eliminate it much easier.
Another type of edema characterizes a specific disease or is caused by the use of medications. If the swelling of the lower extremities is observed for several days in a row, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
List of diseases that cause puffiness:
- varicose veins - a favorite companion of people working in a standing pose. The constant load on the legs causes a rush of blood to the feet. Edemas gradually become more noticeable, longer. Swelling tends to manifest itself asymmetrically, developing into spider veins. The next stage is blue skin due to dilated veins, pain symptoms,
- kidney disease. Impaired functioning of the excretory system causes fluid stagnation. Pathology is accompanied by spinal pain, temperature,
- cardiovascular pathology. Diseases interfere with free blood flow. Characteristic of older people
Edema during pregnancy
Women in an interesting position often experience lower limb edema. Swelling is caused by hormones, increasing stress, weight gain. Many medicines are forbidden to use during pregnancy. Common ways to overcome edema are: massage, foot baths, regulation of physical activity, reduction of salt intake, and abundant drinking.
If the expectant mother is worried about constant swelling, pain, you should consult a doctor. Limitations in the choice of drugs require a cautious approach. When spasms specialist prescribes pills for swelling of the legs. Medicines should consist of natural ingredients. The basis of these drugs - herbal ingredients. Less often, women are allowed ointment, cream for leg edema during pregnancy. The list of drugs is limited. Doctors often prescribe Lioton, Troxevasin. In addition to the main functions, remove the swelling of the limbs will help cream-balm Mama Comfort.
Important! Many local remedies are used only in late pregnancy.
Elimination of edema in the elderly
Selecting drugs to older citizens need to be more careful. A remedy for edema of the legs should be comprehensive. The health of elderly people is much lower.
Swelling of the feet in older people is often accompanied by the presence of a certain disease. The most effective means - tablets of complex effect: Lasix, ethacrynic acid. Medicines allow you to quickly get rid of edema.
Funds against edema
Short-term edema is much easier to eliminate. Excess fluid from the body is removed using diuretic drugs. Effective folk remedies are natural drinks: teas, fruit drinks, decoctions. If the problem lies in kidney disease, diuretic medications are prescribed to the patient.
Particular attention should be paid to comfortable shoes. There is a special set of exercises for leg diseases to improve blood circulation. People whose work is associated with standing posture, it is necessary to diversify the load walking or sitting. Remove swelling will help relaxing foot baths, compresses. These methods are recommended to perform after a hard day at home.
With varicose veins, medication is additionally prescribed. Experts prescribe phlebotonics that help improve blood supply, vascular tone. Medications that eliminate the expansion of the veins in the legs help to thin the blood. Treatment of varicose veins with ointments takes a significant role in getting rid of the disease.
The presence of heart disease strictly requires a visit to a specialist. The doctor will prescribe medications that promote vascular relaxation. Medical tools will improve blood flow, will remove swelling.
Ointment from swelling
The main means to relieve swelling are cream for swelling of the feet and ointment. The main difference between the forms of therapeutic drugs is the main components. The gel is closer in structure to the ointment, but does not contain fats. All types of tools are applied externally.
The cream is easier to absorb, acts on the upper layers of the skin, has a light texture. Ointment from edema on the legs penetrates deeper, forming a protective film.
Interesting! Ointments have an effect on the entire body, penetrating into the general circulation.
The use of ointment for leg edema contributes to the release of excess fluid, removes the stress state of the limbs. In the presence of serious diseases, these funds only temporarily relieve symptoms.
The action of decongestants must meet several requirements:
- cooling effect
- prevention of varicose veins,
- снимать напряжение,
- улучшать кровоснабжение,
- ликвидировать отеки ног.
The use of creams has simultaneously lymphatic drainage, anti-edema effect.
The most effective ointment
A selection of the most popular remedies will help you choose an effective ointment for leg edema. The best drug options are as follows:
- Lioton gel containing heparin anticoagulant. The drug prevents the formation of blood clots, cools, stops the inflammation of the legs. Perfectly replaces leg cream with fatigue to pregnant women. Under the supervision of doctors allowed mothers who feed the child with their own milk. Relieves bruises, hematomas. It serves as an “emergency aid” for sprains, joint injuries. Lioton eliminates pain. The drug is applied three times a day, covering the swelling with a thick layer. You should wait for full absorption
- Troxevasin gel. The main effect of the drug is the vasoconstrictor property. Favors the health of capillaries, veins. In addition to edema of the legs, the drug is used for hemorrhoids, trophic ulcers, and venous pathologies. Strengthens the walls of blood vessels, acts in a complex. Helps hypertensive patients and diabetics to cure retinopathy. Allowed to eliminate edema in pregnant women from the second trimester. Troxevasin applied three to four times a day. The drug is distributed over the affected areas with massage movements until absorbed. The course of treatment is at least two weeks,
- Heparin ointment. Inexpensive means of local use. The main active ingredient is heparin. Active ingredients help relieve swelling quickly, efficiently. Means dilates blood vessels, diluting the blood. Contains anesthetic that allows you to remove pain. Ointment prevents the development of thrombosis. Eliminates bruises, bruises, injuries. Relevant for superficial varicose veins. Contraindications: purulent ulcers, low platelet count, low blood clotting. Apply the tool two or three times a day, smearing a thin layer of the affected area by swelling until completely rubbing. The term of application is two weeks. When pregnancy and lactation medication is not recommended,
- Venitan, made from horse chestnut extract, is an effective ointment. The drug has anti-inflammatory effects. Strengthens elasticity, vascular strength, has a tonic effect. Used for thrombophlebitis, varicose veins. The drug is able to remove leg swelling in a couple of hours. Method of application - rub on the area of puffiness until fully absorbed without massage movements. Use twice or thrice a day. Vegetable origin Venitana allows you to prescribe a tool for pregnant, lactating women. When applying the cream, you should avoid purulent zones, open wounds.
The aforementioned means of their composition, anti-edematous action provide the most rapid, effective assistance. The components of the ointment will perfectly eliminate the swelling of the legs. Particular attention should be paid to pregnant, elderly, allergies. With effective medicines, the edema will quickly pass, returning lightness to the body.
Types of edema and the reasons for their appearance
The occurrence of edema may be due to several reasons. In medicine, the pathological phenomenon is classified depending on the area of distribution:
- General edema - observed in large areas of the body, occurs in diseases of the kidneys, thyroid gland, heart failure. In this case, the patient is prescribed systemic therapy.
- Local - is formed on a specific part of the body. The cause of this condition is inflammation, trauma, and circulatory disorders of a local nature (lymph congestion, vascular thrombosis, hemorrhage). For the treatment of such edema, external agents are prescribed for local use (gels, creams, ointments).
Pharmacological groups of decongestants
Local treatment of edema is determined according to the cause of their occurrence. Used drugs of the following groups:
- Anticoagulants are thrombin inhibitors that help slow blood clots and improve blood flow. Local drugs quickly enter the body, metabolism occurs in the liver, the active substance is excreted through the kidneys.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs - their mechanism of action is based on the blocking of enzymes responsible for the occurrence of inflammation, pain, and fever (cyclooxygenase). The active substance quickly penetrates to the source of pathological changes, is stabilized in the liver, excreted through the kidneys.
The effectiveness of ointments intended for the relief of edema depends on the correct choice of a group of drugs. Local funds may have the following actions:
- For edema associated with the violation of the vessels:
- normalize blood circulation,
- improve lymph flow (lymphatic drainage effect),
- have a cooling effect
- promote tissue regeneration.
- In case of swelling caused by inflammations, injuries:
- relieve pain
- reduce inflammation.
Local edema products may contain heparin, diclofenac, horse chestnut, badyagu, troxerutin, comfrey, ibuprofen. There are universal drugs that have a complex effect. Such agents contain direct anticoagulants and anti-inflammatory components.
Causes of swelling
Medical practice shows that swelling on the face occurs due to the following reasons:
- some diseases, such as: kidney and urinary tract diseases, diabetes mellitus, heart and vascular diseases, weight gain,
- genetic predisposition
- age changes occurring in the human body,
- total dryness of the entire skin,
- metabolic disorders
- change in water-salt balance of the body,
- accumulated fatigue,
- severe allergic reactions to food, drugs or cosmetics,
- the presence of bad habits and their abuse.
The above factors affect the functioning of the internal organs and contribute to puffiness of the face and specific puffiness around the eyes.
After waking up, swelling of the eyelids often indicates the accumulation of excess fluid due to excessive drinking at night or consumption of too salty, as well as smoked food for dinner. With existing problems with the kidneys, the swelling of the face only increases.
Persistent lack of sleep, which accumulates over time, causes swelling of the eyes. According to the rules of a healthy lifestyle, an adult should sleep at least 8 hours a day. If you violate this rule, natural rhythms fail, the condition of the person as a whole worsens and dark eyelid swelling appears.
In the summer, swelling of the face can be triggered by very high air temperatures. When it is too hot, a person, as a rule, cannot limit himself in the intake of fluid, the excess of which accumulates in the tissues.
Swelling on the female face when hormonal changes
Hormonal restructuring of the female body affects the appearance of edema:
Some women have swelling on their face before the onset of menstruation. At this time, the body changes hormones, which sometimes contributes to edema. It should be noted that such manifestations are not considered deviations from the norm, and not all women are found. Such edema does not require special treatment.
There are cases when the face swells from expectant mothers. Hormonal alterations in the body cause the accumulation of unwanted fluid. In case of severe swelling, pregnant women are recommended to visit the antenatal clinic more often, the doctor leading the pregnancy will advise what needs to be changed in the usual way of life in order to reduce swelling of the face and body. The use of ointment against edema may not always be justified, before their use it is necessary to study the instructions for use, and make sure that there are no contraindications.
Increased swelling of the face may occur during menopause. At this time, the female body is subject to significant overload on the background of hormonal adjustment, resulting in excess water accumulates in the tissues, forming swelling of the eyelids, cheekbones, puffiness of the face.
All of the above conditions may be accompanied by a slight swelling of the face, which does not go beyond the normal range. But, in order to determine what treatment the body needs, when it should be started, it is important, without delay, to consult a doctor.
Indications for the use of drugs
Ointment from swelling on the face can eliminate several unpleasant consequences that arise from the accumulation of excess water in the body. The positive properties of these drugs include:
- the struggle directly with the very swelling of the face,
- restoration of the normal level of body water-salt balance,
- renewal and regeneration of the upper cell layer of the dermis,
- improvement of blood circulation and lymph flow,
- nutrition of the skin of the face with valuable substances
- cooling and moisturizing the skin,
- improving the body's immune system,
Taking into account the above features of the action of ointments against edema, it can be concluded that these drugs contribute to improving the health of the skin at the cellular level.
The use of ointments to combat unhealthy swelling of the face is approved by many experts. But before you start dealing with cosmetic defects of the face, it is important to eliminate dangerous diseases of the cardiovascular system and kidneys. After all, swelling on the face may be due to the presence of these diseases.
Pharmacies offer a wide selection of ointments that help relieve puffiness on the face. And this is not always expensive drugs. A good remedy for edema can be found at a reasonable price. But in order for the ointment to be sufficiently effective and at the same time safe for health, it is necessary to carefully study the composition of the active ingredients.
Among them should be:
- the healing substance is heparin,
- treating agent Troxerutin,
- tea tree air extract,
- horse chestnut
- mouse turn or needle,
- Menthol essential oils.
All of these substances need not necessarily be present in the composition of the ointment. But their presence will make the tool more effective.
Medical practice shows that a fairly effective tool that can deal with swelling on the face is an ointment for hemorrhoids. This is explained by the presence in the ointment of active ingredients that are able to provide an effective facelift. These ointments are inexpensive at the price compared with well-promoted brand cream from edema.
Despite the quickly achieved result, apply the ointment should be with extreme caution. It is recommended to start with small doses in order to ensure individual tolerance of the components of the drug.
It is believed that hemorrhoids ointment can not be used to combat swelling on the face, despite their high efficiency. After all, the skin around the eyes is particularly sensitive and thin, and drugs that are not made to treat it can cause damage to the dermis, as well as provoke internal bleeding. In this connection, when deciding to deal with swelling on the face, using such means, it is more important not to overdo it and not to apply it too often.
Properties of heparin ointment against edema
One of the proven anti-edema on the face for decades is a well-known heparin ointment. This drug can have a beneficial effect on the condition of the blood vessels. In cosmetology, the use of heparin ointment is quite widespread: it is used for edema, as a remedy for bruises and strong hematomas.
Heparin ointment consists of the following active substances:
- heparin - this component has an effect on reducing blood clotting and dissolving existing blood clots,
- anesthesin - an anesthetic
- besilnikotinata - reduces the formation of blood clots and promotes active absorption of heparin.
The presence of these components has a powerful anti-edema effect. As well as ointment is widely used as an anti-inflammatory, anesthetic and vasodilator.
If you intend to start using heparin ointment for edema, you need to remember about some contraindications. Means prohibited to use:
- with hemophilia,
- if there is a lowered platelet count in the blood,
- during childbirth and lactation,
- in the presence of purulent open wounds,
- with individual intolerance to substances that make up the ointment.
The above contraindications do not imply the use of the tool to people at risk. If redness appears on the face after application, the use of the ointment should be urgently stopped.
For the treatment of edema on the face, ointment is applied with a thin layer on the problem areas of the face. Use means within from 2-3 weeks. Then you need to take a short break.
Overview of drugs for edema
Cosmetologists say that it is not always necessary to use medications to treat edema on the face. Excellent results can be achieved using a moisturizer for the skin around the eyes, which is advised to add a few drops of healing vitamin E.
If you wish to use drugs, you should pay attention to the following ointments:
Lioton gel - a valuable heparin is a part of the product. The gel promotes the rapid resorption of hematomas on the face and actively fights against edema. After applying the agent, the blood begins to circulate more actively through the vessels, there is an outflow of excess water from the tissues. The swelling of the face subsides, the skin gradually smoothes out.
In case of severe swelling of the face, doctors recommend using Sinyakoff ointment, which contains a valuable natural component - an extract from leeches of the salivary glands. Thanks to this substance, edema is quickly eliminated without a trace.
Indovazine ointment based on indomethacin and troxrutine useful for blood vessels gives a good result. Edema quickly pass after several applications of ointment on the problem areas of the face. A significant drawback is the gel structure of the ointment, which leaves behind noticeable marks on the skin.
Proven means for years is Troxevasin. This gel-based ointment not only helps to quickly eliminate puffiness, but also contributes to the acceleration of tissue regeneration.
Excellent properties have preparations made on a plant basis. A good recommendation is the ointment, which includes extract
Arnica mountain. The extract from this plant has long been used with success in cosmetology due to its antibacterial, wound healing and anti-edema properties.
The effect of drugs will be enhanced if the ointment is applied with light, slow circular movements. Efficiency is increased due to the penetration of the drug components into the deepest layers of the skin. A good therapeutic effect will be noticeable after a few days of regular application.
To get rid of unhealthy swelling on the face, you should perform a number of preventive actions. These include:
- Do not overeat and thus contribute to a set of extra pounds.
- Try to reduce daily salt intake.
- A large amount of fluid try to drink until 18:00.
- To do special massage exercises that contribute to the outflow of lymph and excess water from the tissues.
- Use a contrast shower for body and face.
Constant implementation of these measures will help prevent the appearance of facial edema or visually reduce them.
While watching the video, you will learn about the swelling on your face.
If symptoms of puffiness appear, and the reasons for them are incomprehensible, it is important not to heal yourself, but to seek advice and help from a competent specialist. Only then the disease will be detected in time and swelling of the face will be eliminated.