Light-colored fabric sofas are incredibly popular. Due to the variety of models and materials of execution this piece of furniture can successfully fit into any interior. But the light upholstery is less practical than the dark and on it more often spots appear during operation. Therefore, the owners of such a sofa need to be ready for regular cleaning and timely removal of various stains.
Before you start cleaning the sofa at home, The following actions must be taken
- Decide on the type of detergent. What is suitable for leather furniture is sometimes not recommended for use on models with fabric upholstery and vice versa. This is the most important point, it will depend not only on the result of home cleaning, but also the preservation of the surface of the sofa, so when choosing a tool (handy or industrial) strictly follow the recommendations for its use.
- Vacuum thoroughly the surface of the fabric or wipe with a soft cloth if the sofa is made of genuine leather or substitutes. In no case should this stage be missed, since, ignoring it, it is possible to add dirty stains to the existing spots, which are then difficult to remove from light-colored furniture.
- Pre-treat existing stains with special products. If the sofa does not have pronounced spots, then you can immediately proceed to cleaning the selected tool.
Thus, in order to clean the sofa without divorces, it is necessary to choose the right product that will not damage the surface and will clean upholstery.
How to clean polished furniture at home: the use of folk remedies
11:33, 09 April 2017 1 0 3701
Polished furniture in the house always has an aesthetic and representative appearance, however, many have difficulty in cleaning it from dust and stains.
Any marks and scratches immediately become very noticeable. But in fact, to care for such furniture is not as difficult as it seems at first glance.
If you follow certain rules and recommendations, cleaning and maintenance of polished furniture is not difficult.
Features polished furniture
In the manufacture of polished furniture, wood blank is trimmed and coated with special resins and varnish products. After that, it is polished using a special technology. As a result of such actions, the surface acquires a mirror-like surface.
The lacquer coating of this type of furniture has negative properties during operation:
- strong attraction of dust particles
- quick absorption of pollution
- the formation of cracks and scratches during mechanical damage.
But knowing how to care for polished furniture, such troubles can be avoided.
Recommendations for the care of polished headset
High temperatures have a negative impact on furniture with a polished finish. It is not necessary to place it near heating devices or on the heated floor, and it is also undesirable to put hot objects on the surface, for example, a glass with hot water.
In addition, you can not install a polished headset under the direct hit of the rays of the sun, as they contribute to its fading and tarnishing.
Since the material used to make this furniture is wood, a lack or excess of moisture can damage its structure.
In general, the care of such furniture is practically no different from the care of other interior items, the difference is in the use of special cleaning products.
Means and items for cleaning the surface of polished furniture
The following components are used to clean the surface of such furniture: raw potatoes without peel, flour, ethyl alcohol, vegetable oil, beer drink, salt, used tea bags, antistatic, plain water, sauerkraut pickle, turpentine, baby powder or talc, wine vinegar , gasoline, liquid soap, vinegar essence, milk, hair shampoo, shoe cream with a colorless shade, wax.
Discs made of cotton, a soft brush, pieces of leather, a soft cloth (wool, flannel), a bowl, a knife, a glass, a saucepan are used as auxiliary items.
Methods for cleaning the polished surface at home
There are several ways to clean the polished headset:
- In order to rarely sit dust particles on the lacquer coating, you should regularly wipe it with the following composition: add 50 ml of antistatic agent to 50 ml of any shampoo, dissolve the resulting mass in 400 ml of water and shake well. So moisten a soft cloth with this solution and carefully rub the furniture.
- You can clean polished furniture with a mixture: in equal doses, combine olive oil and wine vinegar, mix everything well. Cotton cloth moistened in the solution, rub the headset. After that, you need to polish the furniture with a dry cloth.
- Soak a cotton pad or swab in burdock oil and wrap it in a soft cloth so that the oil is slightly protruding. Wipe furniture. Clean oily traces with a clean, dry cloth and polish the surface with flannel.
- For cleaning the polished headset is perfect fresh beer. To do this, take a 300 ml beer drink and add a small piece of wax to it. Then boil everything on the stove and cool it. The resulting mixture is applied to the surface and wipe with a cloth of wool.
- Used tea bags left after tea drinking will refresh the lacquered furniture well. Before use, it must be squeezed and placed in a loose fabric. After processing by welding it is necessary to rub the coating with flannel.
- Milk can also be cleaned and give shine to the headset. Using a cloth moistened in it, wipe the surface and remove the remaining milk with a cloth from the flannel.
Getting rid of stains on polished furniture
Simple traces or stains, for example, from plain water, are not difficult to remove from the lacquered surface, you only need to wipe them with a cloth, previously moistened with soapy water, and wipe dry. Stains left after the fingers are cleaned with talcum powder or baby powder, as well as raw, unpeeled potatoes.
For the most problematic situations, you need to use the following methods:
- Cleansing problem areas with vegetable or sunflower oil. First sprinkle flour on the stains, then dip a cotton pad in oil and wipe the contaminated surface. Remove residual oil with a damp cloth and wipe dry the cleaned areas. The combination of vegetable oil and ethyl alcohol will help to get rid of stains faster.
- Strong pollution will help remove the 9% acetic solution. The method is the following: warm 50 ml of vinegar in a water bath to a warm state, then dip a cotton swab into it and gently wipe the spots with stains. Then wipe polished furniture dry. After that you need to polish the cleaned surface with wax or colorless shoe polish.
- Spots left after hot objects can be removed like this: sprinkle a pinch of salt on a cloth of thin material and wrap it, dip it in sunflower oil and wipe the spots. Then rub the furniture with a clean cloth to shine. Using the same ingredients, mix them and put on dirty traces of an hour for two. Then remove the mixture and wipe with a dry cloth.
- In the fight against pollution will help sauerkraut. To do this, you need a small piece of soft skin to moisten well in sour brine. With a little effort, wipe the stains with it, then wipe until dry. After this procedure, you need to rub the surface with a flannel to shine.
- To get rid of wax drops on a polished headset, you need to remove the wax from the surface with a pre-heated knife blade. You only need to do this with a blunt edge. Then wet cotton cloth in gasoline and remove traces of wax drops. Finally wipe the surfaces with a dry cloth.
- If the polished furniture has faded, the following recipe is appropriate: clean the headset from dust, wipe it with hot water, wipe it with a dry soft cloth. Then mix 50 ml of turpentine, linseed oil, add 25 ml of acetic essence and dip a cotton pad in the resulting solution. Rubbing done at a fast pace.
If the above methods do not fit, then you can use household chemicals for the care of polished headsets. They must be applied according to the attached instructions.
To maintain polished furniture in good condition, you must follow the following recommendations:
- As often as possible, clean the surface from dusty particles and dirt.
- If possible, care for the furniture set to carry out folk remedies, as household chemicals is a strong allergen due to its constituent substances.
- Wipe the surface of the furniture with soft cloths: suede, flannel, etc. This will avoid scratches on it.
- Do not put on the furniture hot dishes, it is necessary to use heat-resistant coasters.
- It is forbidden to remove stains from polished furniture using alcohol, cologne, acetone. From these funds the surface fades. Such simple methods of cleaning polished furniture and basic recommendations for caring for it will preserve its aesthetic appearance for a long period.
How to clean polished furniture from stains and dirt
When cleaning dirt from such products can remain scratches, and stains on it immediately visible. However, there are effective methods of care, as well as homemade products and special household chemicals. The most important thing is not to use substances that are strong abrasives. How to clean polished furniture from stains correctly - read further in the article.
First of all, let us review the list of necessary equipment and means for the care of such products.
Care products for polished furniture
You can use salt, vinegar, beer, vinegar, raw potatoes, turpentine, dishwashing liquid, gasoline, as well as vegetable oils.
As tools it is best to use soft types of fabrics, cotton swabs, pieces of natural leather, soft brushes.
It is worth getting separate bowls and tare, which will serve to mix the ingredients in the preparation of cleaning solutions.
From household chemicals pay attention to the Nordland polish, a liquid for cleaning products made of natural wood brand Unicum.
They are able to effectively remove all types of everyday pollution, return the natural shine of the surface, prevent the wood from drying out.
After the cleaning operation, there remains a protective layer that is able to prevent the appearance of dust in the long term.
Than to clear the polished furniture from spots we considered. We now turn to effective methods of care.
Ways to care for polished furniture
In order to prevent sticking of dust on the surface of cabinets for a long time, you can prepare the following folk remedy. You need to take any shampoo in the amount of one hundred grams, the same amount of antistatic, dilute both of these substances in eight hundred grams of water and mix thoroughly. Then the surface is wiped with a soft cloth moistened with this solution.
Another good recipe is to mix olive oil and wine vinegar in the same proportions. Applying this solution is best done using a soft cloth. After treatment, wipe with a dry material. For example, a flannel cloth.
An interesting way - wetting burdock oil with a cotton swab. A cotton fabric is fastened on top of it. Oil begins to seep through it. Thus, it turns out very convenient tool in clarification from pollution. The remains of oil are cleaned with a flannel rag.
How to clean polished furniture from greasy stains of fingers? Beer is a good remedy. It should be heated with a piece of wax. And then with a cooled solution, rub problem areas with soiling. Application should be made of wool.
You can use a used tea brew. She gathers in cotton fabric, and then places are rubbed with traces of grease and dirt on the surface of the product. It can refresh her very well.
Milk is also used for cleansing. In it the soft rag is moistened, sites with pollution are wiped with it. And then its remnants are cleaned with a flannel cloth.
How to clean polished furniture from stains in the best way, and what techniques to use - read in the next section.
How to care for polished furniture
First of all, it is worth noting that it is strongly not recommended to use in the care alcohol and acetone in its pure form. They must be diluted with water.
Pollution is well cleaned using the standard method - soapy water. It is applied with a soft cloth. And then, to add shine, the surface is wiped with natural wool material.
Water stains are also well removed with soapy water. The main thing - always wipe the surface dry with a solution. Finger spots can be removed by rubbing them with talcum powder or sliced fresh potatoes.
More serious contaminants are removed using other recipes. Old stains are removed using vegetable oil. Then it is cleaned with a damp napkin, and to make it shine, the surface is wiped with a soft cloth.
How to clean polished furniture from greasy stains using flour? Such contaminants are first sprinkled with it, and then still lubricated with vegetable oil. Ethyl alcohol in equal proportions can be mixed with the oil. This solution cleaves fat well, which is then removed with flannel tissue.
To remove traces from hot surfaces, such as iron, you need to use regular table salt. It is placed in a soft cloth, soaked in sunflower oil, and the problem area is rubbed with the resulting tool.
How to clean polished furniture from old stains? Use vinegar. It should be slightly heated, then a cotton swab is moistened in it, and the resulting solution is applied to the problem contamination. After processing, wipe the surface dry and then apply a colorless shoe polish to it for polishing.
When leaving should follow a certain list of rules.
Rules for the care of polished furniture
It is always necessary to adhere to the following rules for cleaning operations:
- care needs to be done constantly
- if one of the family members is allergic, it is necessary to exclude the use of household chemicals, and only use folk remedies
- to wipe the surface and not damage it, use only soft types of tissue,
- if there is a thread on the product, it is cleaned using a soft brush,
- do not forget to use coasters under the hot, so as not to leave unpleasant spots on the surface,
- to remove dirt, do not use acetone or alcohol in its pure form, only in diluted form, as the product dims from them,
- such products should not be placed near artificial heating systems.
In conclusion, it is worth noting that care will not be difficult. The main thing is to follow the above rules and use only proven tools described in the article.
Cleaning and maintenance of polished furniture
Despite the fact that many of the newcomers are prettier than the unpolished surface of wooden furniture, there are quite a few admirers of precisely polished, which, in their opinion, due to their characteristic brilliance, gives a more solemn and festive look to the dwelling.
Of course, only in the case when the pieces of furniture look neat and well-groomed. And for this you need to make some effort and use special tools and materials.
What care is required?
The best way is to prevent stains and scratches. But in life, anything can happen, and here on the polished surface some stain has formed. Fighting it will depend on the nature of its origin. How to clean polished furniture at home?
Modern cleaners for upholstered furniture!
If the stain is greasy ...
Such stains are removed according to the “wedge wedge” principle, wiping them with a woolen cloth moistened with vegetable (preferably burdock) oil. After a day they should be polished with a polish.
In order not to damage the shiny surface, you need to know what to wipe it. It is recommended to do this with soft types of textiles: flannelet or velvet rag.
It is possible to process a fat stain using tea brewing. The leaves of black tea are brewed in the usual way, slightly squeezed out. Then they should be wrapped in a soft, dry cloth and the stain should be treated with this “tampon”. (You can just use the sleeping tea). The resulting stains are removed with a dry cloth. Fat stains remove hot beer well: moisten a soft cloth with them and gently rub the surface. Read in our article how to get rid of the smell of mold. Пятна от попадания капелек влаги или мокрые следы от стаканов/чашек удаляют, насыпав на них муки. Через полчаса муку можно убрать и протереть загрязнения смоченной растительным маслом тканью. And another option: they are recommended to rub the walnut nucleolus. At this place a film is formed. When it dries slightly, the surface is wiped with cloth. By absentmindedness, it was not accidentally on a special stand, but a hot kettle, or a cup, or some other dish with a hot bottom, or even an iron (!) Was placed directly on the lacquered surface. The trail, of course, imprinted. You can try to correct the mistake. The same amount of oil and alcohol is mixed, moistened with this solution linen cloth and wipe the traces. The second method is even simpler: the resulting whitish spot is rubbed with salt, poured into a linen bag, and then polished. Experts recommend using the following substances for this purpose: The first of them "works" like this: lubricate problem areas with petroleum jelly, leave overnight, and polish them the next morning. We clean the sofa correctly! After mixing the salt and oil, this mass is applied to the stains for two hours, and then, carefully removing, rub the varnished coating with a soft wool cloth. The affected area is rubbed with paraffin and ironed with a slightly heated iron through the fabric, and then polished with cloth. Traces left by flies, especially visible on a light coating. They should be wiped with a cotton swab dipped in white wine. Iodine is clearly visible on the same coating. In this case, the raw potato comes to the rescue. It is necessary to cut it in half and rub the reddish traces of antiseptic. It is absolutely not recommended to clean lacquered furniture from all sorts of dirt with a wet cloth. Moisture has a negative effect on polishing: it darkens, peeling of veneer may begin, and stains will appear on the coating. Only petrol can handle mold stains. It will be the final stage in the cleaning of wax drops, which are first cleaned from the polished coating with a knife heated in boiling water (the blunt side of the blade). Then in gasoline moisten cloth and thoroughly wipe the affected area. Ink stains give way to hot beer. They need to moisten with a drink, hold until dry and, lightly smeared with wax, polished. If on polishing the imprint is printed, this trace is removed by rubbing with talcum powder. You can also use a raw potato. Lime or chalk spots are cleaned with a solution of vinegar and vegetable oil and also require finishing polishing. Serious pollution is subject to vinegar. The 9% solution is slightly warmed and a stain is wiped with a cotton swab, then wiped with a napkin dry and lightly polished using wax or colorless shoe polish. They do the same with cabbage pickle. Spots are stained, but traces of sharp objects on polishing are much more annoying. How to remove scratches from lacquered furniture? The advice is rather unexpected: for masking shallow scratches, experts recommend the use of shoe cream appropriate color. The affected surface is simply rubbed and polished with a cloth cloth. Furniture made of walnut or oak got “injuries” in the form of deep scratches? As with human injury, a solution of iodine, which is gently rubbed into the surface with a brush, will help. Tarnished polishing can be "reanimated" with a polish - special means of household chemicals, which provides decent care for furniture with a shiny coating, as well as polishing paste or polish, which are applied to furniture surfaces in a circular motion. These compositions are convenient in that the antistatic agents contained in them form a film that does not accumulate charges of static electricity, and the dust due to this does not settle immediately after cleaning, but much more slowly, without requiring its daily wiping. However, from experience it is known that there are many adherents of only "natural products". In this case, you can prepare a polishing agent with your own hands. Learn from the article how to create a pleasant aroma in an apartment. Homemade polish consisting of turpentine and vegetable oil made from equal parts of substances, mix and process the desired surface with a soft cloth. Vegetable oil (a large spoon) can be mixed with kerosene (5 such spoons), apply the composition to the surface before drying, and then rub it with a cloth. Effective blend of wine vinegar with olive oil - in equal parts. After moistening the napkin with it, wipe the polished coating, and then lightly dry it again with a dry cloth. The following composition will help return the shine:
Kapnuli some water?
Trace from a hot item
And all sorts of other spots ...
To polished finish shone
The leaves of black tea are brewed in the usual way, slightly squeezed out. Then they should be wrapped in a soft, dry cloth and the stain should be treated with this “tampon”. (You can just use the sleeping tea). The resulting stains are removed with a dry cloth.
Fat stains remove hot beer well: moisten a soft cloth with them and gently rub the surface.
Read in our article how to get rid of the smell of mold.
Пятна от попадания капелек влаги или мокрые следы от стаканов/чашек удаляют, насыпав на них муки. Через полчаса муку можно убрать и протереть загрязнения смоченной растительным маслом тканью.
And another option: they are recommended to rub the walnut nucleolus. At this place a film is formed. When it dries slightly, the surface is wiped with cloth.
By absentmindedness, it was not accidentally on a special stand, but a hot kettle, or a cup, or some other dish with a hot bottom, or even an iron (!) Was placed directly on the lacquered surface. The trail, of course, imprinted. You can try to correct the mistake.
The same amount of oil and alcohol is mixed, moistened with this solution linen cloth and wipe the traces.
The second method is even simpler: the resulting whitish spot is rubbed with salt, poured into a linen bag, and then polished.
Experts recommend using the following substances for this purpose:
The first of them "works" like this: lubricate problem areas with petroleum jelly, leave overnight, and polish them the next morning.
We clean the sofa correctly!
After mixing the salt and oil, this mass is applied to the stains for two hours, and then, carefully removing, rub the varnished coating with a soft wool cloth.
The affected area is rubbed with paraffin and ironed with a slightly heated iron through the fabric, and then polished with cloth.
Traces left by flies, especially visible on a light coating. They should be wiped with a cotton swab dipped in white wine.
Iodine is clearly visible on the same coating. In this case, the raw potato comes to the rescue. It is necessary to cut it in half and rub the reddish traces of antiseptic.
It is absolutely not recommended to clean lacquered furniture from all sorts of dirt with a wet cloth. Moisture has a negative effect on polishing: it darkens, peeling of veneer may begin, and stains will appear on the coating.
Only petrol can handle mold stains. It will be the final stage in the cleaning of wax drops, which are first cleaned from the polished coating with a knife heated in boiling water (the blunt side of the blade).
Then in gasoline moisten cloth and thoroughly wipe the affected area.
Ink stains give way to hot beer. They need to moisten with a drink, hold until dry and, lightly smeared with wax, polished.
If on polishing the imprint is printed, this trace is removed by rubbing with talcum powder. You can also use a raw potato.
Lime or chalk spots are cleaned with a solution of vinegar and vegetable oil and also require finishing polishing.
Serious pollution is subject to vinegar. The 9% solution is slightly warmed and a stain is wiped with a cotton swab, then wiped with a napkin dry and lightly polished using wax or colorless shoe polish.
They do the same with cabbage pickle.
Spots are stained, but traces of sharp objects on polishing are much more annoying. How to remove scratches from lacquered furniture?
The advice is rather unexpected: for masking shallow scratches, experts recommend the use of shoe cream appropriate color. The affected surface is simply rubbed and polished with a cloth cloth.
Furniture made of walnut or oak got “injuries” in the form of deep scratches? As with human injury, a solution of iodine, which is gently rubbed into the surface with a brush, will help.
Tarnished polishing can be "reanimated" with a polish - special means of household chemicals, which provides decent care for furniture with a shiny coating, as well as polishing paste or polish, which are applied to furniture surfaces in a circular motion.
These compositions are convenient in that the antistatic agents contained in them form a film that does not accumulate charges of static electricity, and the dust due to this does not settle immediately after cleaning, but much more slowly, without requiring its daily wiping.
However, from experience it is known that there are many adherents of only "natural products". In this case, you can prepare a polishing agent with your own hands.
Learn from the article how to create a pleasant aroma in an apartment.
Homemade polish consisting of turpentine and vegetable oil made from equal parts of substances, mix and process the desired surface with a soft cloth.
Vegetable oil (a large spoon) can be mixed with kerosene (5 such spoons), apply the composition to the surface before drying, and then rub it with a cloth.
Effective blend of wine vinegar with olive oil - in equal parts. After moistening the napkin with it, wipe the polished coating, and then lightly dry it again with a dry cloth.
The following composition will help return the shine:
All ingredients are mixed and, if necessary, used as a polishing agent. By the way, when applying it, dust sits on varnished surfaces not so intense.
This composition can be prepared in volume, calculated not with spoons, but with glasses. In this case it will be “long-playing”, and it will be possible to apply it at any necessary moment. However, for an initial assessment of the result, a small, trial quantity is sufficient.
Not only for cleaning, but also for polishing furniture, beer is used, the glass of which is boiled with a lump of wax, and after cooling, the resulting composition is applied to the surface and gently rubbed.
You can clean and polish furniture with milk, rubbing it with a flannel cloth.
Better to use
Among the various tips found and recommendation to use when cleaning acetone or alcohol. But nevertheless it is impossible to do this: at first the brilliance seems to appear, but then the furniture begins to fade.
Detergent-cleaning products from the category of "chemistry" should not be used to restore the polishing of furniture in the apartment, where there may be a family member who has an allergy. In this case, natural substances are preferable.
In the composition of the cleaning products should not be abrasive components. In the case of the use of such furniture will never be able to achieve the original look.
To avoid some unpleasant moments, should not put furniture in places where there is a high temperature, let's say, at the radiator, or the direct rays of the sun fall: it is capable of fading and losing shine.
Furniture coated with protective resins and varnishes are polished in a special way, thanks to which it acquires such a glossy look. But this varnishing is a double-edged sword: the dust on it is disastrously catastrophic, the stains seem to arise by themselves, plus the instability before mechanical “injuries” - scratches and cracks.
Therefore, such items require special care for themselves. And how and with what to please them - home-made or industrial polishes - decide for everyone.
How to qualitatively and quickly clean the furniture from stains?
Even experienced housewives do not always know exactly how to clean the furniture from stains of different origin.
They buy furniture for long-term use, but stains spoil the look of the furniture, make the whole situation in the room or kitchen inaccurate. Under the influence of substances that cause the appearance of stains, the material from which the furniture is made gradually deteriorates.
To remove old stains will have to be cleaned in 2-3 doses.
Basic principles of removing stains from furniture
The question of how to clean furniture from stains is solved taking into account various factors:
- manufacturing materials
- age of furniture
- intensity of use
- finish covering individual pieces of furniture.
Important! To remove old stains with penetrating damage to the surface of the furniture will have to be cleaned in 2-3 steps.
Soap solution of any consistency will inevitably damage the varnishing
To find out how to clean the furniture from stains in a particular case, it is necessary to test the prepared tools in an inconspicuous area. If after applying the cleaning agent will remain a trace, then another option is needed.
The varnished surface cannot be cleaned with solutions using detergent, dishwashing gel or soap. A soap solution of any consistency will inevitably damage the varnishing.
Acetone, alcohol or cologne does not apply to cleaning polished furniture. Polishing becomes dull and may cloud.
Flour helps ease the removal of stains
What to cook for cleaning furniture
Before cleaning the furniture from stains, you may need the following devices:
- small pieces of soft tissue
- cotton pads or tampons,
- containers for the preparation of cleaning solutions
- soft brush
- sharp knife
- small brush.
Deep old stains can be removed with table vinegar.
Solve the question of how to clean the furniture from stains, will help various means. It can be:
- hygiene products
- some chemicals.
Tip! Flour, talc or baby powder will help ease the removal of stains. Sprinkle the stain first, then treat with olive, burdock or sunflower oil.
To clean the furniture from stains, you will need a soft brush.
Deep old dirt can be removed with table vinegar (9%).
In heated vinegar, lightly moisten a cotton or soft tissue swab. Gently rub the stain with smooth circular motions. Remove the rest of vinegar with a soft cloth.
Then cleaned furniture should be polished with wax or colorless shoe cream in the usual manner.
Similarly, vinegar acts pickle from sauerkraut. It is applied to the contaminated surface of the furniture with a piece of leather, dermantine or soft oilcloth. Instead of wax, you can try Vaseline or grease. At the end of the process - polish with a soft cloth. The choice of a particular cleaning agent depends on the specific stain and the material from which the furniture is made.
Pickled cabbage pickle effectively removes stains from furniture
Cleaning furniture from natural wood
Chop baby soap (50 g) with a knife or float and dissolve in warm water (0.5 l). Apply the finished solution with a cotton pad or a soft cloth on a dirty surface. Then wipe the treated areas dry using flannel, cloth or velvet.
To remove scratches and other minor damage to the outer layer, you need to prepare slate powder (from colored crayons or pencils of a suitable shade). It is applied to the damaged area with a soft brush. Excess powder is removed by the edge of a sheet of soft cardboard.
In 50 ml of water add lemon essential oil (15 drops) and stir. Moisten a soft cloth or foam sponge and wipe the surface, gradually removing dirt.
Baby soap cleans stains from natural wood furniture
Lemon juice will help to remove stains and simple stains. It must be squeezed and mixed with warm water in equal shares. Apply the mixture in small portions to a dirty surface using a cotton swab or a soft cloth. Gently rub. Then polish the surface with a piece of cloth or felt.
Many types of pollution will help remove a mixture of water (60 ml) and ammonia (10 ml). The mixture should be soaked with a cloth and gently rub in places of intense pollution. Wipe the treated areas dry and polish with a soft cloth.
Lemon juice helps to remove stains and simple stains.
Grease stains on polishing
The task, than to clean the polished furniture from greasy stains, is solved in different ways. The easiest option is to put a little baby powder or talcum powder on a greasy stain in a dry form. After 10 minutes, when the fat is absorbed, sprinkle must be carefully removed with a soft cloth. Then wipe the surface with a dry cloth.
Raw potatoes need to be washed, dried and cut into 2 halves. Stain rubbed potatoes. After 2-3 minutes, the treated place on the furniture should be polished with a thick soft cloth. For example, cloth.
Clean baby stains on polished furniture
To prepare the mixture to remove traces of fat on polishing, you will need:
- a clump of wax
- beer (200 ml),
- enamelled container
- a piece of wool fabric.
Wax pour beer in a suitable container. Put on a slow fire and bring to a boil while stirring. Remove from heat when wax dissolves and cool.
The cooled mixture is applied to contamination with wool and gently rubbed on the surface. Then you need to remove the remnants of the mixture with a dry cloth and rub the furniture surface well.
Remove droplets of wax from the polishing should be heated with a knife
Drops of wax, frozen on polishing, can be removed with a heated knife (blunt side). Then with a cotton cloth, apply a little gasoline on the stain stain. To rub the surface with a slight movement of the hand and polish.
Many housewives are interested in how to clean the furniture from white spots: they can arise from hot dishes, irons, curling - hot objects that accidentally hit the polished surface. A good white spot remover is refined vegetable oil in combination with other substances.
Good white stain remover - refined vegetable oil
Whitish on the polish can be coated with a mixture of vegetable oil and alcohol. The mixture, prepared in a proportion of 50/50, must be thoroughly mixed. On the stain it is applied with a soft cloth or cotton pad. After some time, the rest of the mixture should be removed with a clean, dry cloth.
Fine salt should be wrapped in a piece of light fabric. Ready swab lightly dipped in vegetable oil. Then gently rub in a circle gently rub the white spot with a prepared swab. Remove residues of oil and salt with a dry soft cloth.
You can apply to the stain a mixture of fine salt and vegetable oil. Leave for 2 hours. Then remove the rest of the mixture with a soft cloth and polish the surface with a felt or flannel cut.
Vaseline rubbed into the whitish areas of the furniture surface and left for 10-12 hours
You can use petroleum jelly. It is rubbed into the whitish areas of the surface and left for 10-12 hours. Better at night. Then the remnants of vaseline must be removed with a dry cloth and the surface polished with cloth or felt.
How to clean furniture
The question of how to clean furniture from stains, is solved on the basis of the type of textile upholstery. Upholstered furniture is covered with leather or various fabrics that require careful handling.
Apply the stains to remove stains need a little bit, otherwise the spot will increase
The basic rules for cleaning sofas and armchairs that must be observed so as not to spoil the upholstery:
- Cleaner must be tested on an inconspicuous site.
- When using water and various liquids for cleaning textiles, you should place a dry cotton rag around the stain so that there are no stains left.
- Means it is necessary to moisten a tampon or a rag, it is impossible to pour it on upholstery fabric.
- Apply a composition to remove stains need a little, otherwise the stain will increase.
- Detergents should be applied separately to avoid unexpected chemical reactions.
- Detergent compositions after the elimination of stains from the upholstery must be immediately removed with warm water using a soft sponge.
- On the old spot you need to lay out a cloth moistened with soapy water, putting a clean, dry cloth around it, and leave it for some time.
- Fresh stains from the upholstery should be blotted with a napkin or soft cloth, preventing fluid from being absorbed into the material.
- If there are babies in the house or someone from the household suffers from allergies, it is better to refuse to use strong chemicals with a strong odor for cleaning.
- Wet spot after cleaning must be dried naturally without a hairdryer or fan.
- While wet upholstery dries, the piece of furniture can not be used.
Wet stain after cleaning must be dried naturally.
Removing stains from upholstered furniture
It is better to remove chewing gum from upholstered furniture in the hardened state. To do this, put a sealed bag of ice cubes on top of the bubble gum. Hardened gum can be removed with the blunt edge of a knife, a coin, a tablespoon, or other suitable object. Then you need to dab several times the trail of gum swab from a soft cloth moistened with methyl alcohol.
Grease stains from textile upholstery are removed with a cotton swab moistened with gasoline. You can cover the stain with clay moistened with vinegar (9%). After a while, the clay needs to be removed and the fabric cleaned with a vacuum cleaner.
Grease stains from textile upholstery are removed with a cotton swab moistened with gasoline.
Stains from vegetables and fruits, while they are fresh, can be slightly rubbed with a mixture of ammonia and table vinegar (9%). Dried chocolate from textile upholstery is carefully removed with a knife. The mark on the fabric can be washed with a weak solution of soap or dishwashing gel and warm water.
Stains of coffee, cocoa, chocolate can be wiped off with soap and water moistened with water. The rest of the soap must be removed with a cloth moistened with clean water, and dried the surface.
Tip! The effectiveness of soap can be enhanced with vinegar.
Rub the soaped surface to dry. Then treat with water, which added vinegar. Wait a bit so that the composition is absorbed. Then wash the surface with a cloth moistened with clean water and dry.
Stains of coffee, cocoa, chocolate can be wiped off with soap and water moistened with water.
A fresh stain of spilled red wine should be blotted with a napkin and sprinkled abundantly with fine salt. Через некоторое время соль можно стряхнуть мягкой щеткой или удалить пылесосом.
Пятна от белого вина удаляются с обивочной ткани кубиком льда. Пятно необходимо потереть льдом, а затем промокнуть остаток жидкости мягкой тканью.
To remove stains of different origin, you can use water with added salt. The stain should be rubbed with water-saline solution, then rinsed with clean water.
To remove stains of different origin, you can use water with added salt.
An effective cleansing composition is obtained from water (0.2 l), salt (1 tsp) and acetylsalicylic acid (0.5 g).
In a mixture of water and salt, add 1 crushed aspirin tablet and mix the resulting composition thoroughly. The finished product should be evenly distributed over the contaminated surface.
After 20 minutes, the contamination is removed with a soft cloth that needs to be moistened with the remaining composition.
Leather upholstery cleaning
Leather upholstery of upholstered furniture can be cleaned from stains using a stationery eraser and an ordinary scotch tape. Scotch need to glue the stain and leave for some time. Then gently remove and rub the remaining mark of the stain with an eraser. Instead of an eraser, you can use a cotton swab moistened with alcohol.
Upholstery leather upholstery can be cleaned from stains using a stationery eraser and regular tape.
A mark or marker pen can be removed from leather upholstery with a nail polish remover. The main thing is that it does not contain acetone. Apply the liquid most conveniently with a cotton swab.
How to clean polished furniture at home
The characteristic brilliance of polished white gives any home festivity and solemnity. At the same time, on such surfaces, the slightest dirt and traces of scratches are noticeable. If you know how to clean the polished furniture at home, using folk and professional compositions, then maintain its well-groomed appearance is not difficult.
How to clean the polished surface
The absence of dirt and dust will greatly facilitate the care of polished facades. In production, special resins and polishes are used to protect them, to prevent deformation. In the course of long-term operation, the protective layer is erased, and the surface becomes dull.
It is recommended to use microfiber, flannel or velvet fabric in order not to cause harm to the smooth surface. Do not use a scraper or a hard sponge to remove stains.
In the trading network you can find a large selection of professional products containing natural oils, silicone, wax. They not only add shine to surfaces, but even out micro cracks and scratches.
Special solvents that clean furniture from stains of different origin are offered.
Household chemicals prevents the attraction of dust, the penetration of moisture, increases durability and service life of products.
Methods for cleaning and polishing
Folk cleaning methods are notable for their availability and simplicity. In the struggle for the cleanliness of glossy facades, the following cleaning options will be useful to you. It is best to start by eliminating local contamination with a special solution that prevents the accumulation of dust.
Take 8 parts of water, one part of shampoo and antistatic, stir. Moisten a soft cloth in the mixture and wipe the headset, paying attention to the relief elements.
No less effective is the method of cleaning glossy surfaces using olive oil and vinegar, taken in equal proportions. Moisten in the composition of soft rags and handle facades. Polish with cloth or velvet. This procedure will help create a protective layer, to give the furniture a unique shine and gloss.
Some hostesses use burdock oil to clean polished facades. Apply a couple of drops to a cotton pad. Put it in a piece of soft cloth and wipe the headset. Remove residues with cotton cloth and polish.
Refresh and shine glossy facades will help pressed and wrapped in soft rag tea leaves black tea. Wipe and then polish the surface with flannel. The same method can be used for cleaning with milk.
To restore the darkened surface, use the following instructions:
- remove dust
- wipe the surface with a soft cloth moistened with room temperature water
- dry the flannel remove excess moisture and dry,
- Take turpentine, linseed oil and vinegar in a ratio of 2: 2: 1, mix well,
- moisten cotton fabric in the mixture and quickly treat the glossy surface.
Accelerated processing retains heat, and linseed oil, which has reacted with other components, gives the desired shine.
How to cope with stains
Local pollution is easily removed with a cloth moistened in a soapy solution. You can remove unwanted fingerprints with talcum or a cut of raw potatoes. You can get rid of more complex dirt and stains by using vegetable oil. Moistly wadded disc gently wipe problem areas. Remove the residue with a napkin and wipe dry with flannel.
Vinegar will help to get rid of problematic pollution. Heat the product slightly in a small container. Moisten the rags and slowly wipe all stains. After processing the dry surface polish with a piece of cloth with the addition of a small amount of wax or colorless shoe polish.
To remove wax, use a knife, previously dipped in boiling water. Drops wax off his back. Then wipe with a piece of cloth moistened in refined gasoline. Polish with cloth.
Tips. Do not use alcohol-containing compounds and acetone to remove dirt. From them the polished surfaces grow dull and deteriorate.
Do not place polished headsets near heaters and batteries.
Use special stands for hot cups and other items that you put on the furniture.
Polished headsets require you to take care of yourself, rather than using them to care for them, everyone can decide for themselves.
We clean wooden furniture
Need to clean wooden furniture? What are the most common ways? First of all, it is worth noting that wood furniture needs constant care. Wood is one of the most popular materials in the manufacture of furniture.
To the most common recipes for the care of wooden furniture include the following techniques.
- Baby soap should be added to 500 ml of water, stir. This composition can begin to clean dirty areas with a regular cloth. Upon completion of the cleaning, you will need to wipe the furniture with a dry cloth.
- A mixture of water and lemon essential oil is applied to the sponge and clean the surface of the furniture. Essential oil is an excellent component for polishing furniture. In addition to excellent cleaning qualities, lemon essential oil has a pleasant smell that will remain on the furniture for some time.
- Mix 50 ml of olive oil with 100 ml of vinegar. The prepared solution is poured into a spray bottle, neatly sprayed onto furniture and wiped with a cloth. After this procedure, polished furniture will look like new.
- In 50 ml of water, add 50 ml of lemon juice. This is an excellent preparation for the care of furniture, from which there are no divorces. First you need to clean the furniture with a cloth moistened in this solution, and then wipe it with a dry sponge or cloth.
- In 60 ml of water, add 10 ml of saline, with a solution wipe the surface of the furniture. This tool is able to cope with the most difficult pollution.
- One of the most popular ways to deal with white spots on furniture after hot dishes is petroleum jelly. They need to treat the problem area and leave overnight, and in the morning to polish.
Folk cleanser polished furniture
You can clean polished furniture at home with the help of available tools.
One of the most famous folk methods The following products are.
- Potatoes. You need to take 1 potato tuber, peel it and cut it in half. Any contamination on furniture should be rubbed with raw potatoes and then wiped dry with a dry cloth.
Polished furniture does not need to be cleaned with a damp cloth, as the polish is erased, the former shine disappears. Lacquered furniture can not be cleaned with soapy solutions, as this may damage the surface.
- Burr oil. In order to wash the furniture with them, it is necessary to apply this agent on a cotton swab and wrap it with cotton cloth so that the oil can drain on the surface of the furniture. This cloth should be wiped with furniture, and the remaining oil should be cleaned with a dry cloth and polished with flannel.
- Flour and vegetable oil. Excellent furniture can be cleaned with this composition.
- Salt and vegetable oil. If the furniture remains stubborn stains from an iron or any other hot product, they are wiped with a cloth moistened with oil and salt. You can apply salt and oil on the stain and wait a few hours, then remove this mixture and wipe the stain with a rag.
- Vinegar. This tool is ideal for cleaning furniture with heavy dirt.
- Pickled pickle pickle. It is applied to stains and rubbed with a rag.
Upholstered furniture cleaning
As for upholstered furniture, the care of it will depend on the type of fabric used in its manufacture.
How to clean this furniture to keep the upholstery in excellent condition? For example, removable covers can be washed in a washing machine at a certain temperature.
In other cases, you will need to use sponges and brushes for high-quality cleaning.
Sofas before wet cleaning should be vacuumed every week.
Every month you need to clean the corners and seams with a brush. In these places a greater amount of dust accumulates.
When cleaning furniture with a long nap, you also need a brush. It is recommended to use natural cleaners that do not have a negative effect.
Some more helpful tips.
If there are traces of wax on the furniture, they can be cleaned without damaging the surface of the furniture. To do this, you need to warm the knife in boiling water and clean the dried wax with the blunt side. Next, use a gasoline cloth to wipe the place where there was a trace of wax.
If you have soiled, for example, a table with ink, then cleaning such stains at home will be easier than ever. To do this, you will need to take the heated beer and pour a stain on it, wait until everything is dry, smear the stain with wax and polish it.
In order to keep furniture clean, you should follow a few simple rules.
- Regular maintenance of furniture is a guarantee of its purity and beauty.
- Refusal of household chemicals in the care of furniture at home will help avoid allergies.
- The use of soft tissues, sponges during the care of furniture will help prevent scratches and damage.
- Soft brush will help to clean the furniture, which has a thread.
- Avoid alcohol, cologne and acetone when cleaning furniture, as they make its surface dull.
In the event that with time the polished furniture has faded, changed color, it is necessary to adhere The following tips:
- wipe the dust, clean the furniture surface with warm water and wipe with a dry soft cloth,
- the next step is the preparation of a special solution consisting of linseed oil and turpentine, as well as table vinegar,
- mix all the components, moisten a cotton swab in the resulting solution and treat the furniture surface with it,
- furniture should be cleaned quickly enough so that its surface is not heated. In this case, the oil reacts with other components, oxidizes and returns the furniture its former brilliance and beauty.
By sticking to these simple recommendations, you can keep all the furniture in your house in perfect order, and it will look like new. And it costs a lot, because buying new furniture because of the formation of old stains, which you can easily cope with, will be simply unwise.
Cleaning wooden furniture
How to get rid of greasy stains on wooden surfaces and with what intensity it is required to carry out cleaning. This material is the most popular in the production of frame structures. The tree must be cleaned daily from dust, once a week subjected to general cleaning, periodically cleaned, eliminating finger stains or grease. For smooth surfaces it is required to use a soft brush in order not to scratch or peel them. To clean furniture efficiently, you need to take note of a few simple techniques.
- Than to clean wooden surfaces with mild degree of pollution. It is necessary to dissolve baby soap in five hundred milliliters of warm water. With the help of a soft cloth, treat the wooden structures, and then wipe them dry, preventing the formation of white residue.
- The mixture of water with lemon essential oil helps to get rid of greasy stains on furniture. It should be applied to a wooden surface and rub well. Essential oil has not only a pleasant smell, staying in the room for a long time, but also contributes to the effective polishing of smooth surfaces.
- How to remove stains from furniture with olive oil. You need to take it in the amount of fifty milliliters and mix with one hundred milliliters of vinegar. The resulting solution must be placed in a spray bottle. The product should be sprayed onto the furniture and wiped with a soft sponge. This tool, thanks to vinegar, allows you to effectively clean the furniture and save it from scratches, due to the properties of the oil. After the procedure, the surface looks like new.
- How to wash greasy stains on the wooden frame of furniture. It is necessary to mix in equal proportions lemon juice and water. Dampen a cloth in the solution and walk on a furnished surface. Following it is required to wipe with a dry sponge. Means does not leave stains and well clears any pollution.
- The most active and effective solution is a mixture of sixty milliliters of water and ten - ammonia. This composition should regularly wipe the furniture to clean it from contamination of any complexity.
- How to remove stains from hot dishes having a white color. It is necessary to process them for the night with petroleum jelly, and to polish it in the morning.
Any of the proposed methods allows you to remove grease stains from furniture. For work it is necessary to use only a soft rag or foam rubber in order not to damage the surface.
Cleaning polished furniture
Polished furniture became popular in the middle of the last century. Along with this, the hostess faced the problem of how to clean its smooth and shiny surface. Folk remedies are varied and sophisticated, but give a striking effect. It is necessary to learn two rules: polishing cannot be wiped with a wet rag, lacquered surfaces do not tolerate soap solutions. This knowledge helps to preserve the original brilliance and prevent the wooden structures from becoming clouded.
- How to clean furniture from contamination with the help of potatoes. It is necessary to clean it cut into two halves. The soiled area must be rubbed with potatoes, and then the traces must be removed with a dry cloth.
- How to remove grease stains from furniture with burdock oil. It is necessary to moisten a cotton swab in it, wrap it with a soft cloth and wipe the surface. Next, be sure to go dry with flannel to shine.
- How to remove stains with flour. This method is unusual, but allows you to eliminate persistent pollution. It is necessary to mix the flour with vegetable oil and treat the surface. After processing, wipe with a soft cloth.
- Furniture from greasy dirt will relieve a mixture of salt and vegetable oil. This method also eliminates iron marks. Salt is mixed with oil, a rag is moistened in the solution, with which the polished surface is wiped. To eliminate the stain from the iron, it is necessary to apply the mixture on the damaged place and leave for a few hours. Then the surface is carefully wiped with a soft cloth.
- Vinegar or pickle from sauerkraut will help to clear greasy stains from polishing. The product is applied to the surface and wiped with a clean, dry cloth. Places with heavy pollution should be handled most carefully.
Any of these methods allows you to rid the furniture of stains quickly and efficiently. At the same time, the polishing remains brilliant and does not tarnish over time.
Upholstered furniture cleaning
If the frame of wood can be cleaned with a cloth and soap, then upholstered furniture should be cleaned with a brush using detergents. Most often, these are special chemical compounds that can be purchased at the store. There are several rules on how to remove grease stains from furniture and prevent their introduction into fibers:
- removable covers are recommended to wash in a typewriter in compliance with the temperature, it will help relieve furniture from stains without much difficulty,
- upholstered furniture can be cleaned with a special detergent, using brushes and sponges,
- to make it easier to get rid of dirt on soft surfaces, it is necessary to vacuum it weekly,
- stains on furniture are eliminated with gel, a solution of powder or laundry soap with water, and it is recommended to clean seams and edging at least once a month.
If the question of how to clean the furniture from all sorts of pollution, is solved, then you need to pay attention to the state of polishing. To help her shine will help the solution of linseed oil, turpentine and vinegar. This means it is necessary to moisten a cotton swab and process the polish. Действовать рекомендуется оперативно, чтобы поверхность приобрела свой былой блеск. Зная, как убрать пятна и отполировать мебель, можно создать в доме чистоту и уют.
Основные правила чистки
Для эффективного очищения рекомендуется придерживаться некоторых правил:
- covers should not be washed in a washing machine, dried with a hair dryer,
- you do not need to vacuum sofas and chairs too often, you can ruin the pile,
- do not apply chemicals directly to the upholstery,
- using several tools will ruin the pile,
- after cleaning the textiles dry themselves.
Traditionally, there are two types of upholstery:
- Tissue. Textile option affects a variety of fabrics. The composition can be natural materials (cotton, linen), artificial (viscose) and synthetic (nylon, polyester, polyester). Furniture with fabric upholstery is durable, durable, affordable.
- Leather (natural and artificial). Leather upholstery looks more respectable, but it is not cheap. During production, the material is impregnated with a special substance, this determines the durability during operation.
Each type of textile requires special attention. Therefore, it is first necessary to determine which material serves as an upholstery:
The material is vacuumed, and then passed with a special brush. Dirt is removed with white vinegar, alcohol. To maintain cleanliness, it is recommended to treat the coating with a special protective spray.
Accumulated dust is removed from the surface with a wet sheet and physical effort. The fabric is placed on the sofa and begin to knock it out. In the care will help:
- diluted in water washing powder. Damp sponge rubbed dirty places. After 20 minutes of waiting, remove leftovers
- crushed diluted soap,
- lemon juice. Per liter of water you need a few drops. Soaked cloth rags and leave for 15 minutes, then wipe the place with a clean sponge,
- alcohol solution. The sponge moistened in the substance is treated in the place; if necessary, the manipulations are repeated several times,
- ice. If gum is found on the upholstery, you can get rid of it with a piece of ice. Clean the ice with a clean cloth, attach it to the gum and wait. When it hardens, gently remove it with a spoon.
The fabric itself is delicate; it is not recommended to use chemicals to clean it. Remove upholstery from contamination by using diluted vinegar or liquid soap. At the end of treatment it is recommended to steam the fabric with an iron.
Covers made of jacquard are allowed to be washed in a washing machine at a temperature without a spin function. Jacquard upholstery washed with diluted soap.
A clean absorbent towel can remove grease stains from this surface. Traces of lipstick and pens are easily removed with diluted alcohol. Chlorine-containing substances and bleaching agents are contraindicated for cleaning jacquard.
Textiles are washed with diluted soap, applying dry processing, remove resistant dirt. The fabric is not afraid of a vacuum cleaner, so you need to regularly use it with it.
The fabric requires weekly care, while you can not use chemistry, do not dry after cleaning. The area of contamination is pre-soaked, then gently removed with a soft brush.
Textiles are notable for their unpretentious care. Periodically, it is recommended to brush it. When the appearance of difficult to remove dirt should be dry cleaned.
This surface is contraindicated cleaning with bleach.
Pollution is removed as follows:
- an absorbent towel is put on the stain,
- the place is treated with soapy water,
- after 5 minutes of waiting, the area is wiped off.
Due to the impregnation of the material with a special water-repellent substance, it is difficult to dirt. Since textiles do not perceive chemistry, it should be washed with diluted liquid soap.
The best tools for cleaning are a soft-bristled brush, a clean foam sponge. For processing allowed machine wash at 40 degrees.
Regular contaminants are removed with a mild soap solution for 3-5 minutes, difficult to remove stains with detergents.
Care for him should be very carefully:
- before cleaning, large and small debris are removed from the surface,
- diluted powder for delicate fabric gently handle the surface,
- cloth can not be dried with a hairdryer, or any other device.
Dirt is removed with soap dissolved in water. Textiles do not accept the use of chemicals, bleach.
Features of cleaning leather furniture
Leather sofa looks elegant in any interior. The skin is distinguished not only by its beauty, but also by its practicality in use. It is easy to care for her.
Several times a month, the material is treated with a special preparation with a protective function. It is available in the form of dispensers, balms, ointments.
Genuine leather care
Genuine leather has a peculiar smell. To get rid of it, you should scatter ground coffee over the surface. Since the product leaves traces, it is not recommended to carry out such manipulations on light-colored furniture.
The surface is cleaned with wax or colorless cream. Persistent contaminants are removed with a diluted shampoo, oily traces are sprinkled with chalk powder.
Artificial leather cleaning
In terms of functionality, textiles are not inferior to natural material.
The surface is cleaned with a roller or a soft cloth. To prevent frequent contamination of the surface should be treated with a protective spray.
Cleaning furniture from eco-leather
On the durability of eco-leather is slightly different from artificial. Care for her in a certain way:
- once every six months, treated with a special water-repellent agent
- accumulated dust is removed with a rag,
- To preserve shine, special ointments, or waxes, are used.
- persistent contaminants are derived from diluted ammonia.
Cleaning faux fur
The material accumulates a lot of dust and dirt. Often, artificial fur is mechanically cleaned, which is fundamentally wrong. It becomes tough and unpleasant to the touch. For care use:
- diluted liquid soap
- dissolved hydrogen peroxide,
- soda stirred in an alcoholic solution,
- special gels for washing.
On the shelves presented a variety of household care products. Before buying you need to read the information on the label. Preparations for cleaning with a high chlorine content is not worth buying. It is best to choose a composition with an inscription on the bottle "with active oxygen." It is most effective in the fight against dirt.
Quite often, prepared solutions at home cope better with pollution. Among them are the most popular:
- Vinegar. The product is considered one of the most effective. It is diluted with water and applied to the contaminated area. Used for non-alkali sensitive textiles.
- Shampoo. Shampoo is diluted in warm water. 1 part of it accounts for 9 parts of water. The resulting liquid is foamed. Foam is applied without rubbing. After 45 minutes, the cleaned area is vacuumed.
- Lemon acid. Well removes traces of mayonnaise, ketchup, coffee, tea drink. Used in diluted form. After applying it, the cleaned area is washed with a mild detergent solution.
- Salt, "Fae" and vinegar. This mixture displays traces of fat, alcohol, coffee. Dishwashing detergent is mixed with vinegar and gently added soda. The liquid is sprayed, wiped with a rag after a few minutes.
- Ammonia and acetone. The ammonia copes well with many spots of unknown origin. For better effect, at least 15 drops are added to the shampoo. Acetone removes traces of felt-tip pens, crayons, ballpoint pens and gel pens. The site is abundantly wetted, rinsed slightly, wiped dry at the end.
- Vodka. An alcoholic beverage is suitable if there is no diluted alcohol on hand. Vodka can handle hard-to-reach places of furniture made from genuine or artificial leather.
- Soap. It is considered a universal remedy. Liquid soap is diluted, moistened with a cloth, wipe the surface in the direction of the pile. To remove traces of coffee, tea, diluted laundry soap will do.
- Soda. Soda copes with dirt. Sprinkle the substance abundantly on the coating and leave for 30-40 minutes. Also, soda is diluted in water 1: 3, sprayed on dirt, leaving a few minutes. At the end, the surface should be blotted with an absorbent cloth.
- Other ways to care. In addition to the above ingredients for the care of the sofa, an armchair, sawdust of deciduous trees, or hot bran, are perfect. They are well struggling with plots. Some decorative fabrics are not subject to dry cleaning, stains are then removed with a mixture of gasoline and laundry detergent. Substances combined to the formation of gruel. The resulting mass is processed textiles, leave for a few hours. The remains are cleaned with a napkin and hot water.
Basic rules for dry cleaning
Maintain the purity of the coating can be using various ready-made sprays, foams, special preparations. For regular dry cleaning it is worth stocking up for the future. Sprays are already ready to use, other substances need to be dissolved in water according to the instruction. Before buying, you should collect information about the product of interest, read reviews.
- Dry cleaning cloth involves the use of a vacuum cleaner. With it, you can remove dust, animal hair, other debris. Further, special household preparations (foam, or spray) are used. Only foam is applied to the fabric. Its remnants are removed after some time (it is also indicated in the instructions).
- Cleaning the skin involves the same algorithm of action. At the end of cleaning the surface is recommended to treat it with a special tool.
Basic Wet Cleaning Rules
Wet cleaning is carried out using diluted vinegar, ethyl alcohol, soap, shampoo. Wet cleaning with a steam cleaner will also be effective. He not only fights with spots, but also kills pathogenic bacteria, dust mites. For this, no special preparations are needed, the hot steam jet removes virtually any dirt. The only disadvantage of this method is the high price of equipment.
- Wet cleaning of the fabric does not fit all materials. For example, silk does not tolerate contact with water. After getting liquid on the fabric stains. Suede also does not tolerate moisture, the material should be cleaned very carefully, put a little solution.
- Wet cleansing for the skin will be more effective than dry. The easiest way is to use soap. However, ready-made chemicals are suitable for more persistent stains. Before buying any of them, it is recommended that you read the product information. Some household products will easily clean the natural skin, and for the artificial material will be disastrous.
Do not wipe the cover in a circular motion, so you can leave stains on the upholstery. Strongly wet the cloth is also not recommended. After wet processing the surface must be wiped dry.