All housewives know in their own experience, what work is worth washing the oven.
Even only when you just look in the oven and think: “Yes, the time has come ...” - the mood immediately falls. And when you have already gathered your courage and decided to wash it, you can spend an hour and two, but you still can not wash it completely.
Although the means to apply expensive, even with a sponge to rub - still not clean. Especially difficult to clean old burnt fat. He seemed to have eaten.
To prevent this, it is necessary to wash it immediately after each use. But if you leave it unwashed once, another, third, then the fat and accumulated. It's time to clear.
After all, if you do not do this, then the fat will burn when heated. And the soot from it will soak all the pastries, and all the dishes that we cook in it. Is that bad. You try, you try to cook, and the dish can be spoiled.
So let me tell you how to clean the oven. This method will help you do it quickly and easily.
A quick way to clean the oven from dirt and grease
- a quarter cup of baking powder
- 250 ml of ammonia (ammonia)
- one liter of hot water
- 2 heat resistant containers
How to clean:
I usually clean the oven in the evening. You know, like in a fairy tale, you sleep, and someone helps you ... And so let's get started.
1. Heat the oven to 150 degrees.
2. Pour a liter of hot (boiling) water into a heat-resistant container.
3. Pour 250 ml into another container. ammonia (ammonia).
4. Turn off the oven.
5. Put water on the lowest shelf, and ammonia on a baking sheet on the 2-3nd shelf of the oven (so that it is in the middle).
6. Close the oven. Now imagine yourself in a fairy tale. All the work for us will make good fairy fairies. And we go about our business, then sleep. Yes, the oven does not open ... so as not to interfere with the fairies to work.
7. The next morning, open the oven and add 1-2 tablespoons of dishwashing detergent, any that you usually use, to liquid ammonia. Clean the oven walls with a hard sponge. Do not forget to wear gloves, take care of your golden pens. Yes, and open the window so as not to breathe ammonia.
Here is the final result! Everything is clean, as we wanted.
How to clean the oven glass
But we still have glass, which we also wash now too.
1. Mix the baking powder and water to a state of sour cream.
2. Apply this slurry on the glass.
3. Leave for half an hour.
4. Thoroughly rinse with water and wipe with a cloth.
Glass will be like new! Through it, it will again be possible to discern what we have had in our delicious baked!
That's how simple it is, and notice clean! To clean the oven quickly and easily, we managed, as we wanted. And when clean and joyful in my heart! So let our soul be always happy!
Basic oven care
- The more often, the easier. If the internal surface of the oven is wiped after each cooking, and once a week or one and a half to steam the oven with water and detergent, there will be practically no global cleaning.
- To give dirt a little better, warm up the oven a little by turning it on at 50 ° C for 15–20 minutes.
- Immediately before cleaning, remove the trays, remove the side guides. If the design allows, also remove the door and glass. All this is more convenient to wash separately.
- Do not use abrasive sponges and metal scrapers. Scrubbing their grease, you can damage the enamel oven. It is better to work with a sponge or soft cloth.
- Never apply the cleaning agent, especially chemical, on the fan and the heating elements of the oven.
- After cleaning, leave the oven door open for a couple of hours so that it dries out, and extraneous odors evaporate.
- Did the smell remain? Dissolve 10–15 tablets of activated carbon in a glass of water and put in the oven for several hours. Coal absorbs excess odors.
How to clean the oven with baking soda
Soda copes with fresh dirt and removes brown scurf from heat-resistant glass.
On the basis of soda, you can prepare a paste for cleaning the oven or act easier.
Apply baking soda to the walls of the oven (you can do it with a damp sponge). Sprinkle a little with water from a spray bottle and leave for 60 minutes.
An hour later, wash the oven with a sponge dipped in soapy water and dry it with paper towels.
With old pollution, soda is better at vinegar.
How to clean the oven with vinegar and soda
In the interaction of vinegar and soda carbon dioxide is released. It destroys even the dried fat.
Treat the internal surface of the oven first with vinegar, then apply soda with a damp sponge. Leave the oven for a couple of hours, and then wash it with warm water.
If the spots have not moved away, rub them with a sponge dipped in vinegar.
How to clean the oven with lemon
There are two methods of cleaning the oven with lemon: using freshly squeezed lemon juice and powdered citric acid.
- The first method is more suitable for fresh pollution. Mix lemon juice and water in equal proportions. Using a sponge, process the oven walls with this solution. Let stand 40–60 minutes, and then wipe everything with a clean, damp cloth.
- The second method copes with a plentiful greasy residue and is suitable for cleaning microwaves. Fill a deep pan or other heat-resistant dish with water with citric acid. For ½ liter of water you will need one packet of citric acid. Send the pan to the oven heated to 200 ° C for 30–40 minutes. Then let the oven cool slightly and wash it thoroughly. Spots that do not leave immediately, you can scrub with slices of fresh lemon.
The effectiveness of the method is demonstrated in the following video.
How to clean the oven with baking powder
Baking powder, or simply baking powder, can be used not only for baking, but also for cleaning trays and oven after it. After all, in fact, it is the same soda in combination with citric acid.
Simply wipe the walls of the oven with a damp cloth and treat with diluted baking powder. A packet of baking powder needs about 2-3 tablespoons of water to make the consistency of thick semolina.
Leave the product on the oven for 2–3 hours. The greasy deposit will gather into lumps, and it will be easy to remove.
How to clean the oven with salt
Salt - an affordable tool that is best applied immediately after cooking. Sodium chloride when heated makes fatty deposits loose, which means it will be easier for you to wash off the dirt.
Sprinkle salt on horizontal surfaces (baking sheets, bottom) until the oven has cooled, and leave for half an hour.
If the cabinet has managed to cool down, turn on the heating (≈100 ° С). When the salt gets a golden hue, turn off the oven.
When the temperature drops, thoroughly wash all surfaces with warm, soapy water. At the end, wipe everything with paper towels.
How to clean the oven with ammonia
Many hostesses consider this method the most effective. Ammonia is really good at eating fat and burns that appear in the oven over time.
Ammonia the oven can be cleaned in two ways.
- Cold method. Simply apply ammonia on the surface of the oven with a sponge or spray it with a spray bottle. Leave overnight, and in the morning wash the oven with detergent.
- Hot method. Heat the oven to 60 ° C. Turn it off. On the top shelf, place a glass of ammonia. On the bottom - a bowl of boiling water. Close the door and leave the oven for eight hours. This cleaning method is convenient to use at night or during the day with open windows and a minimum of household members in the apartment. After the desired time, add detergent to the liquid ammonia in the oven and wash all surfaces with this solution.
After ammonia, the oven should be ventilated.
Do you clean the oven somehow? Share your ways in the comments.
Remove burnt fat
If you do not know how and what to clean the oven from the burned fat, this article is for you. It is necessary to remove its remnants, because at one “wonderful” moment the fatty deposit on the walls of the oven will start to smoke and burn. And then in addition to this problem you will think how to get rid of the smell of burning in the apartment.
Most ovens have an enamel coating that is easily cleaned with a damp cloth. But, if after cooking the dried fat remains on the walls, you can use special cleaning products. To date, the choice of household chemicals for cleaning the oven is very wide. You can purchase any product that suitable for your type of surface. However, I want to warn you: In no case do not buy detergents, which contain acids: they may damage the surface of the oven.
Well, ladies, the choice is made? Now I suggest to start cleaning the oven. If you want to wash out the old fat from the walls and the door of the oven with the help of special cleaning agents, you must perform the following steps:
- first wear rubber gloves to prevent aggressive substances from damaging the skin,
- pour hot water into the basin and dissolve a little detergent,
- remove all shelves and baking sheet from the oven,
- immerse everything in a basin of water
- apply a little cleaning agent on the sponge and clean all surfaces inside the oven,
- Do not process the heating elements with detergent solution.,
- to soften the fat, you can turn on the oven for 10 - 15 minutes,
- Now you can turn off the oven and start cleaning the surface.
Believe that any soot and even the oldest grease stains will be washed off with ease.
If you are a happy owner of an electric oven, then to clean it you must use special cleaning paste. It includes:
- cleaning agent "Pemolyuks" or "Comet",
- dish washing balm,
- lemon acid.
All components must be mixed in equal proportions. Apply the paste on the surface of the oven, shelves, baking sheet and door with a sponge. Leave the cleaner for 30-60 minutes (depending on the degree of contamination of the oven). After the specified time has elapsed, rinse off the remains of the paste with plenty of water and wipe the surfaces dry.
However, after the use of aggressive cleaning products in the oven can remain an unpleasant smell of "chemistry". In order to get rid of it, try any of the proposed methods:
- Properly air the oven. It is advisable to leave the door open for the whole day or for the whole night.
- Pour some water into any container and dissolve several tablets of activated carbon there. Put the resulting solution in the oven and boil for half an hour. The pungent smell of detergent will disappear at the end of the specified time.
- Wipe all surfaces of the oven with lemon juice or a weak solution of vinegar essence.
- Carefully wash the remnants of cleaning products from the walls and shelves of the oven, constantly changing water.
The use of special detergents, though effective for cleaning, but detrimental to human health.
In order to completely wash off the remnants of the detergent, the surface must be treated with clean water more than 70 times.
Do you do this? I think no. Therefore, I advise you to consider alternative sparing methods, and our advice and recommendations will help you with this.
Clean folk remedies
Those housewives who are interested in how to clean the oven at home, do not even realize what folk remedies our grandmothers and great-grandmothers used. But rightly so! Well, is it really good to clean the oven with aggressive chemicals, and then cook food there for your whole family, including children.
It is impossible to completely wash the remnants of cleaning products, and then they get into the food along with the fumes when cooking.
That is why I want to give you such secrets with which you can quickly and easily clean the oven from burning and grease. Most importantly: no harm to your health!
So, our caring hostess, let's begin. Those folk remedies, which I will tell you now, will effectively clean the oven and make it perfectly hygienic and harmless for further preparation of your favorite dishes.
Method 1. Verified
This popular recipe is good because all the ingredients you can find in your kitchen, the method is suitable for cleaning the oven a moderate degree of pollution.
- Baking soda
- Rubber gloves
- Wet rag
- Plastic or silicone spatula
- Spray bottle
- Pull the grate out of the oven: remove and set aside the grate, as well as the trays, the pizza stone, the oven thermometer, and everything else inside.
- Make a paste of soda: in a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup of baking soda with a few tablespoons of water. Add water until the mixture becomes pasty. In our case, 3 tablespoons of water were used.
- Process the oven with the product obtained: apply the mixture on all internal surfaces of the oven, avoiding the heating elements. Do not forget to wear gloves so as not to get your hands dirty and paste the most hard-to-reach places with paste. In particularly dirty areas, the mixture may turn brown from soot and grease and form lumps — such areas should be covered particularly thickly.
- Leave the soda overnight: leave the soda-covered oven mixture overnight, or at least 12 hours.
- Wash the grill and trays: while the oven is soaked, clean the grill and trays. This can be done also by pre-soaking in a bath with dishwashing detergent, and then by mechanical cleaning with soda.
- Clean the oven: in the morning (or after 12 hours), take a damp cloth and remove as much dried paste, grease and soot as possible. As needed, use a plastic or silicone spatula to scrape away dirt.
- Spray the vinegar solution: pour a little vinegar into the spray and treat the places where there are traces of soda and dirt. Vinegar will react with soda and form a soft foam.
- Wipe the oven clean: now wipe clean the coating and foam from vinegar and soda. Moisten your rag with water or vinegar as needed, until the oven walls are completely clean and shiny.
- Insert the pans and grill: well, that's all, it remains only to return everything that you usually keep in the chamber to your place and wipe the front of the oven.
Method 2. Fast
Now consider the way to clean the oven from fat with steam, acid or ... ordinary dishwashing detergent. The method is suitable for washing the oven moderate degree of pollution.
- Citric acid, vinegar 70% or ordinary dishwashing detergent,
- Deep pan or large bowl
- Rubber gloves,
- Sponge and damp cloth.
- Remove everything superfluous from the oven: remove and set aside the trays and everything else inside, but leave the grid in place - the cleansing “bath” also does not hurt.
- Turn on the oven and leave it warm: you need to heat the oven to 150-200 degrees.
- Pour water into a baking tray and dilute citric acid in it: while the oven is heating, pour water into a bowl or baking tray and dissolve a bag of citric acid (10-20 g) in it. Citric acid can be replaced with 1-2 teaspoons of acetic essence or a small amount of dishwashing liquid.
- Put the baking tray with the solution on the lower shelf of the oven: put the baking tray with the solution in the heated oven on the lower tier. Bowl can be put on the bottom.
- Leave the oven for 40 minutes: leave the oven for 40 minutes, namely, until the water boils and the door of the chamber “sweats”.
- Turn off the oven and leave the pan to cool: when the water boils, turn off the oven and leave the pan to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Clean the oven and grill: when the pan has cooled, take a damp cloth and thoroughly wipe the walls of the chamber and grill. If necessary, use the hard side of the sponge, spray with water, and soda or the same citric acid to remove old stains of fat and scale.
- Return the trays and grate to the place: Woo-ala! The oven shines again and inspires culinary exploits.
Method 3. "Heavy artillery"
And now, consider a more radical way to clean the oven from old grease and burning with the help of special tools Amway, Faberlik or Bagi Schumanit spray.
- Gel for cleaning ovens. Briefly about popular oven cleaners:
- Amway Oven Cleaner is odorless, efficient, economically consumed, sold with a brush for dispensing funds, but has a high price.
- Faberlik "Means for cleaning ovens and stoves" - is cheaper, has good reviews, but is uneconomically consumed,
- Bugs "Shumanit" - effective, easy to use, as sprayed from the spray, is sold in any store, is relatively affordable, but has a pungent smell.
What we need:
- Rubber gloves (required!)
- Sponge, rag, brush for processing hard-to-reach places,
- …Свежий воздух из открытого окна (особенно, если вы используете «Шуманит» и другие средства с сильным запахом).
- Извлеките из духового шкафа все лишнее: извлеките и отложите в сторону решетку, противни и все остальное наполнение духовки.
- Lubricate all surfaces of the chamber and the door with gel: this is very convenient to do with a brush or brush (for example, a toothbrush). Before you begin processing, open the window and wear gloves!
- Give the tool “work”: leave the oven for 15-30 minutes depending on the degree of contamination.
- Clean the oven from burning and grease: after such “soaking” old fat and burned food contamination will be washed off quickly enough.
- Remove residues: when you clean all surfaces of dirt, thoroughly wash off and the remnants of the gel. Spray with water will help to rinse the camera in hard to reach places.
- Put the trays and grate back in place: well, that's all. It remains only to wipe the door outside.
Method 4. Effective
This method will greatly simplify your disposal of complex contaminants due to ammonia vapors.
- 5 bottles of ammonia (200 ml),
- Soda (if necessary)
- A small bowl for ammonia,
- Big water bowl
- Water (about 1 l)
- Rubber gloves,
- Sponge and cloth
- ... Fresh air from an open window.
- Remove baking trays from the oven: remove and set aside the trays, but leave the grill.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Pour water and liquid ammonia into appropriate bowls: while the oven is heating, pour all 5 bottles of ammonia into a small bowl, and water into a large bowl. Do not forget to open the windows.
- Turn off the oven and put both bowls in it: put a bowl of water in the preheated oven at the bottom of the oven, and put a bowl of ammonia near the bottom of the oven.
- Leave the oven to cool: this process takes about 30-40 minutes. But, if the pollution is very old, then it is better to leave a bowl with ammonia overnight.
- Clean the oven and grate: when the walls of the chamber are cool, use a damp cloth, a sponge and soda to wash off all surfaces and the grate from grease and soot.
- Wipe the oven clean: remove any residue of ammonia and dirt.
- Replace the trays and rack and wipe the oven door on the outside.
Folk cleaning methods
The people use the following means in order to effectively clean the oven:
- Soda. This versatile product, which is present in every kitchen, will also help in the difficult task of cleaning the oven of old fat. In order to achieve this, it is necessary to dissolve a small amount of soda in one third of a glass of water. This should form a thick mass that should be applied to the surface to be cleaned and left overnight. Wipe in the morning. To enhance the effect, it is advised to add ordinary salt to the soda in a 1: 4 ratio.
- Vinegar. It can also be used as a cleaning agent. However, it should be noted that due to the presence of acid in the composition, this cleaning option may not always be used. The usual combination of vinegar and water in a 50/50 ratio will be suitable for cleansing small dirt. It is applied on the inner walls and is maintained at an impressive temperature for 40-45 minutes. Vinegar copes with fatty bloom and quickly relieves soot, freeing the oven from old contaminants.
The combination of vinegar and soda. If the first two methods turned out to be ineffective, you can combine them. Wash the oven of fat and dissolve the strongest pollution will help mixture of vinegar and baking soda. Entering into a chemical interaction with each other, substances begin to emit carbon dioxide, which contributes to the strengthening of the cleansing and dissolving effect. Sprinkle inside the entire contaminated surface, sprinkle with soda on top. To enhance the effect, we withstand a few hours, after which you should wash the cabinet with a sponge and soda.
Laundry soap - A great cleaner for ovens. It is better to use soap with a high content of fatty acids, it allows you to wash off dirt faster and more efficiently. Grate 50 grams of the product, dissolve it in hot boiling water. After this, the container is set under high temperature and left for an hour. As a rule, after such a procedure, the dirt can be easily removed with a sponge. An important advantage of this method of cleaning the oven at home is its safety, since chemicals are not present in the laundry soap as impurities.
Ammonia - good old proven oven cleaner. It comes to the aid in cases where other methods are powerless. For carrying out the cleaning with ammonia you will need: 200 ml of ammonia, 1 liter of water, 2 bowls (small and medium), a sponge, rubber gloves. First of all, take out the trays and turn on the temperature mode of the cabinet by 180 degrees. After that, fill the bowls: one - with water, the other - with ammonia. Next, turn off the device and put the filled dishes inside, wait 40-50 minutes (for old contaminations it may take all night) and wipe all surfaces with a damp sponge, for greater effect use soda.
If you do not know how to clean the oven from old fat, but do not want to use "grandma's recipes", you can use special washing and cleaning products. The range of such tools is very extensive and is presented in all stores of household chemicals. The only thing worth remembering is that such means always contain chemicals in their composition that are not harmless to the human body. Therefore, it is necessary to carefully remove the remnants of such mixtures from all surfaces that they affected. This will help avoid allergic reactions and other unpleasant health effects.
Initially, self-cleaning ovens were used only in professional kitchenswhere regular manual cleaning was simply impossible due to the need for uninterrupted equipment operation. Over time, some manufacturers began to build systems for self-cleaning of ovens in separate models, as a rule, of a higher price segment. To date, this functionality is quite common for most models of modern household appliances.
So, how to clean the oven using special systems?
Easy Clean Technology
The most common technology for cleaning ovens, based on the use in the production process of a special coating of smooth enamel, which is absolutely resistant to dirt and does not absorb them. In order to activate this system, it is necessary to fill a special hole in the electric oven with a small amount of water, add a little detergent (specifically designed for this purpose) and turn the device on at a temperature 100 0 С for 30-35 minutes. Having done all these procedures, you need to collect with the help of a sponge all the pollution that will settle to the bottom in the process of such cleaning and wipe everything with a dry cloth or napkin.
How Easy Clean Technology Works
Catalytic oven cleaning is provided only. in some models and not all manufacturers. Cleaning starts on its own when a temperature of 140 degrees is reached in an electrical model.
The method is based on the use of a special coating containing in its composition oxidizers, causing absorption of water, carbon and organic compounds by the sorbent. Nagar is not formed.
On the one hand, catalytic cleaning of the oven seems to be an ideal option, but on the other hand, a number of nuances should be taken into account:
- baking trays and grills anyway have to be washed by hand,
- if milk and sugary foods are used in cooking, the efficiency of the system decreases sharply,
- Coatings are limited in duration to 5-6 years,
- Part of the accumulating soot will have to be removed independently.
In the oven electric cabinet with the function of pyrolytic cleaning, the technology of hard pyrolysis mode is implemented. To do this, press a special button, while the temperature rises up to 500 degrees. With such a system of extreme cleaning of electric ovens, the door must be closed, so it is blocked by the system itself. Using pyrolysis will forever close the question of how to clean the oven from soot, turning all fats into ashes in the literal sense of the word. You will not worry about the likelihood that food can burn, any dirt and soot will be cleaned perfectly.
However, it should be noted that the cost of electricity will increase slightly, in addition, the purification process itself is accompanied by a strong and rather unpleasant odor, which requires the removal of a powerful ventilation system.
This oven cleaner is based on the application of super-quality coating. The electric oven cleaning system starts at a temperature of from 270 degrees. Absolutely all types of pollution easily turn into a bloom, in addition, almost all odors disappear. This ability EcoClean associated with the use of heat-treated microscopic ceramic self-healing balls that perfectly dissolve any type of contamination. Not all manufacturers represent models with a similar progressive system, and the price of those that exist is quite high.
We tried to give detailed recommendations on the choice of cleaning method for such an element of household appliances as an oven. As you can see, you can use both the simplest variants of manual sanitation, and the built-in methods that allow you to clean the oven almost without your participation. In the first case, it is necessary to prevent contamination from entering the surface, and carry out cleaning as regularly as possible, and in the second, choose the right cleaning system that suits you best.
An old raid will help remove ammonia. This method is suitable if you do not plan to use the unit in the next day:
- In the evening, thoroughly moisten the inner surface of the oven with ammonia.
- Close the door and leave the device in this condition overnight.
- The next morning, wash off the grease and soot with any detergent.
There is an alternative method of cleaning with ammonia:
- Place two grates inside the oven at different levels.
- Close the door and heat the oven to 100 ° C.
- Place a heat-resistant container on the bottom shelf and pour clean, freshly boiled water into it.
- On the top shelf, place a bowl with ammonia.
- Turn off the appliance, close the door tightly and leave it until the next morning.
- In the morning, mix the water with alcohol and add any detergent. Remove the dirt inside the oven with this solution.
After processing, be sure to rinse the inside of the unit with clean water and dry it with any hygroscopic cloth.
Plain rock salt can be used not only for cooking. Her cleansing qualities were known to our grandmothers:
- Take coarse salt and scatter in a thin layer on the bottom of the oven, baking trays and trays.
- Turn on the instrument and set the temperature to 150 ° C.
- After a time when the salt turns light brown, turn off the oven and cool to room temperature.
- Remove the salt layer and wash all internal surfaces with warm, soapy water.
- Wipe the oven and oven accessories with a clean, dry cloth or paper towel.
The combination of two chemical elements - chlorine and sodium - has a destructive effect on any deposits of grease and dirt, violates their integrity and facilitates cleaning of surfaces.
Baking powder for the dough
There are more exotic, but no less effective ways to clean the electric oven quickly and efficiently. In recent years, resourceful housewives successfully use baking powder for the dough. The combination of active ingredients is perfect not only for raising the dough while baking a muffin, but also for cleaning the oven from grease and dirt. The oven washing procedure consists of several stages:
- Wipe the “insides” of the oven, covered with soot and soot with a damp cloth.
- Dilute the baking powder in a small amount of water to form a kind of gruel.
- Apply cleaning gruel on the walls, door and trays.
- Leave for 2 hours.
- After a specified time, the fat will lag behind the surfaces, and it can easily be removed with a stiff sponge or cloth soaked in water.
For processing a small area will be enough and one packet of baking powder. To clean the oven completely, you need a few bags of this wonderful tool.
Tip! In a similar way, you can use a mixture of equal parts of table salt, baking soda, and any dishwashing gel.
Vinegar and Baking Soda
The combination of table vinegar and baking soda copes with pollution of varying degrees of complexity. These two products are also suitable for cleaning the electric oven. The "nuclear" combination of chemical components will eat up the old greasy bloom and soot:
- Using a rag or sponge, moisten the internal surfaces of the heat chamber with vinegar. To facilitate the work, you can use the spray.
- Apply a small amount of soda to the sponge and process the walls and bottom of the oven with it - white grains should be evenly distributed over the entire area.
- Apply the cleaning mixture to the open door in the horizontal position in the specified order.
- Leave it as it is for a few hours. The oven does not need to be turned on - the reaction necessary for cleaning occurs at room temperature.
- After a while, take a kitchen sponge and wipe all surfaces with a hard side.
- Rinse off dirt and cleaning components with warm water, wipe dry with a clean cloth or paper towel.
You can speed up the cleaning process by adding citric acid to these ingredients (1 package per 100 ml of vinegar and 1 tablespoon soda). In this case, the oven must be preheated, apply the mixture on the walls of the appliance and wait 15 minutes.
Of course, you can buy a special cleaner for ovens. But any chemistry inevitably damages human health and requires special care: all work should be carried out in a well-ventilated area, rubber gloves must be used during cleaning, and all surfaces should be thoroughly washed after processing. You can do without this if you use any of the proposed methods. Even better, avoid stubborn dirt and clean the oven with one of the regular procedures. Then this “dirty” job will take a few minutes.
Preparatory stage for cleaning
Before you clean the electric stove or gas oven, you must prepare a household appliance in advance.
- Pre-wash the stove to remove small dirt, dust, and also soften the carbon and fatty deposits. Then further cleaning will be much easier.
- Before washing the stove, disconnect it from the mains or turn off the gas.
- Wash the inside of the appliance with a soap mixture. It is prepared from a glass of water and 2 spoons of dishware. Wash the oven with a soft sponge.
- Remove from the oven all the excess, and close the fan with a thick cloth.
- Preheat the oven for 20 minutes, setting the heating to 250 degrees. This condition will increase the effectiveness of the cleaning procedure.
Before you take up the washing of the oven, you need to consider a few recommendations:
- It is better to stop using aggressive chemical cleaners. They can remain on the surface of the walls, and then penetrate into the food when baking. It may threaten food poisoning,
- Smells from household chemicals, detergents, cleaning products can also be eaten into dishes cooked in the oven, degrading their taste,
- Pre-need to remove from the oven pans and grills,
- Before washing the oven, you must wear gloves, even if you are supposed to use folk remedies. Soot and soot can cause irritation on the surface of the skin of the hands.
These rules will help clean the oven quickly and safely.
Why clean the oven
The dirt on the walls of the oven is not at all visible, so many do not understand why it should be cleaned.
- The more soot on the walls of the device, the worse it will heat up, expending energy or gas. Этот фактор меняет общее время приготовления блюд, пища может оказаться сырой или частично пригореть.
- Чистка духовки необходима еще и для устранения посторонних запахов. При разогреве нагар начинает источать резкий, неприятный запах, дым. And dishes cooked in the oven get the smell of burnt oil or garlic sauce, in which the mistress prepared a chicken the day before.
How often to clean
The frequency of cleaning depends on the mode of operation, but do not postpone cleaning. If the oven is used regularly, it must be washed at least once a month. The oven door must be cleaned after each cooking. To quickly and easily wash fresh drops of fat from the glass, you can use any means for dishes.
- Dissolve a little detergent in warm water.
- Wet the sponge in it.
- Apply the mixture to the glass, then rinse.
In this way, you can clean your own fresh fatty deposits and soot. If you carry out this procedure regularly, then the pollution will accumulate on the oven more slowly.
There are a lot of store products designed to clean the oven at home. The most popular are Silith Beng, Mr. Muskul, Shumanit, Sanita Antizhir. The chemical liquid is applied to the surface, leave for the time specified in the instructions. The dirt dissolves quickly and is easy to wash off with a regular sponge.
But store cleaners have one drawback - they emit harmful vapors, therefore, when using them, it is necessary to ventilate the kitchen and wear gloves. After this cleaning, it is necessary to thoroughly rinse the oven with dishware so that the food does not get the smell of chemistry.
In order not to use harmful, aggressive chemistry when cleaning, it is recommended to wash the oven with folk remedies. Effectively help to clean the oven with vinegar, ammonia, soda, laundry soap or citric acid.
- Soda. Baking soda helps clean the coating with the oven door, which spoils the appearance of the household appliance. To remove soot, it is necessary to put soda powder on a wet glass, grind, leave for an hour. Soda will corrode soot that is easily washed off with a damp sponge or rag. You can mix a spoon of soda with a spoon of liquid detergent and a glass of water. Mix the mixture in a spray bottle, mix, spray on the inner walls of the oven and leave for half an hour. Then the oven is simply wiped with a damp cloth.
- Vinegar. It is necessary to moisten abundantly with vinegar oven wall, leave to soak for half an hour, and then wash with soapy water. If the grease stains are not removed, you can use a stiff brush. For more ingrained, old stains, you can prepare a homemade cleaning mixture. In equal parts mixed vinegar, soap, soda. Bring the mixture to a uniform state and applied to the walls of the household appliance. After processing, leave the oven for 3 hours, then remove the cleaning mixture, wash the walls with a wet sponge.
- Lemon acid. Two sachets of acid are poured with a small amount of water, put this solution on the walls of the oven with a soft sponge. The remaining solution is put inside, light the oven for half an hour at a temperature of about 50 degrees. The use of citric acid helps to get rid of fatty deposits, soot, unpleasant smell.
- Ammonia. This is a good tool for cleaning carbon deposits from the stove. But there is one drawback - liquid ammonia smells very specific. It is necessary to heat the oven to 70–80 degrees. In a small saucepan, boil water and put it on the bottom of the oven, put a cup of ammonia on the top shelf. Close the door, leaving the liquid until the morning. In the morning, combine the water with saline, add dishwashing liquid. The resulting solution is used to wash the inside of the oven.
- Laundry soap. Grate the soap and dissolve it in hot water to a cool texture. The container with the liquid is placed on the bottom shelf, the oven is turned on at 110 degrees for about half an hour. When the stove is a little cool, remove the soot with a wet sponge.
- Steam cleaning. Effectively softens fatty deposits, stubborn dirt, soot and steam exposure. Mix the washing liquid with water, put the container with this solution on the lower shelf of the oven. Heat the stove to 100 degrees so that the liquid boils and evaporates. Leave for half an hour, then remove the pollution with a damp cloth.
- Homemade pasta. Mix citric acid, gel for dishes, abrasive Pemolyuks, mix well until a uniform consistency. The resulting thick mixture is applied to contaminated surfaces of the oven, leave for half an hour, wash off with warm water.
Sometimes strong dirt can be removed with an abrasive brush, but it can often not be used; it scratches the walls of the oven.
Ovens are classified into electric and gas, according to the type of energy consumed. Also, ovens have a different coating: simple enamel, easily cleaned enamel, bioceramic or catalytic enamel. Depending on the type of oven, different principles of cleaning apply.
- Stainless steel should be washed with a sponge or rag without the use of abrasive cleaners. Metal is easily scratched.
- Enamel-coated surfaces can be simply treated with a solution, home-made paste, a store cleaner, and then washed off after a certain time.
- The gas-type oven must be cleaned using proven methods. Such are vinegar, soda, a solution of household soap. You can use them individually or prepare cleaning mixes.
- For an electric oven, cleaning with ammonia, citric acid, soap or steam is suitable.
All cleaning methods are described above. Before you start washing the oven, you need to remove baking trays, trays from the chamber, close the fan, remove everything that can be removed. This will facilitate the cleaning process.
How to clean the pan
Even more strongly than an oven, trays become soiled. Sometimes a thick layer of soot accumulates on them that it becomes difficult to wash it off.
To wash such dirty trays, you can use a strong home remedy:
- It is necessary to mix 100 g of soda, two tablespoons of peroxide, a teaspoon of washing gel.
- All components are mixed to a uniform consistency, if necessary, add peroxide.
- Apply the mixture to a contaminated baking sheet for a quarter of an hour.
- Use a stiff sponge to wash away the dirt.
There is another way to clean the soot from the pan. It is necessary to pour boiling water into it and dissolve two spoons of soda in it. Leave the container for several hours. Then, using dry soda powder, remove the softened impurities.
If a silicone, teflon glass or ceramic pan is contaminated, then it can be washed only with a soft sponge or cloth moistened with dishwashing liquid. You can soak such a container in soapy water. There is an exotic way to launder such baking sheets from soot - pour coca-cola, leave for a few hours, you can overnight. This soda dissolves even the most hopeless pollution.
What not to do
Each type of oven has a certain coating, the type of which must be considered when choosing a method of cleaning the stove.
- Can not be used to launder the oven tools with acids, they damage the surface of household appliances.
- Aggressive chemical cleaners leave harmful components on the walls of the furnace, which is dangerous for health.
- Do not close the oven after cleaning, the door must remain open until the smell of cleaning agents is completely weathered.
Attention. Well eliminate the unpleasant smell of activated charcoal tablets. They need to crush, dissolve the powder in a liter of water (10 tablets), put the container in the oven, turn it on for half an hour.
General cleaning recommendations
Successfully wash the oven can be subject to certain rules:
- Wear protective gloves to prevent skin damage.
- The respirator will not interfere, if it is intended to clean the oven with aggressive chemicals,
- Remove jewelry from wrists, fingers,
- During the cleansing it is necessary to remove children and animals from the kitchen,
- In the process of washing the oven, it is better to open the window in the kitchen so that the room is aired,
- If the pollution is small, it is better to use folk cleaners. Aggressive chemistry is better to use in extreme cases, when the pollution is completely hopeless.
If acid or a chemical agent gets on the open skin, wash the skin with soap and water.
The oven will serve for a long time, it will delight you with delicious dishes, if, during the operation, the hostess ensures the proper care of the kitchen stove.
- No need to wait for fat and scale to form on the walls of the oven; after each cooking, wipe the inner walls and glass on the door with a damp cloth.
- With intensive use once a week it is necessary to clean the oven with steam, putting inside a container of water for half an hour at a temperature of 10 degrees.
- Before you start cleaning any oven must be warmed up.
- If chemical cleaners are used for ovens, then it is necessary to ensure that they do not fall on the heating elements, the fan, in order to avoid breakage.
- After the end of the procedure, the oven door should be left ajar so that extraneous odors disappear.
- In order to food in the cooking process less sprayed fat, you need, if possible, use bags for baking or food foil.
These are simple rules that will help keep the oven in relative cleanliness. If you regularly comply with them, then global cleaning oven will not be needed.