Answering the question about how to learn to sew ribbons, we can not say that it is very difficult. To be serious, one of the main advantages of this charming technique is that it is so simple that even a child can do it. And the one who practices various types of embroidery will surely say that embroidering with ribbons is much easier than with the same threads. It really is.
You should not use ordinary needles instead of specially designed embroidery ribbons, as they may damage materials, and the result will not be perfect.
No need to compare their work with other needlewomen. The ribbon embroidery technique reflects the individual mood and emotions, so the same drawing taken as a basis will ultimately look different from one artist to another, as each craftsman brings something different to his creation.
The finished product is better not to be subjected to thermal testing. If you wash it in hot water, the paint may fade, and some seams may be irretrievably damaged.
Tricks and tricks for needlewomen
How to learn to sew ribbons? Master class will help make the development of a new craft easy and interesting. Everything that can be embroidered with threads can be decorated with embroidery using silk ribbon. No matter how heavy and complex the design of the seams may seem, it must be remembered that these are just a few basic seams in various combinations with which you can create an amazing array of floral landscapes.
There are several points to keep in mind, for example, a straight stitch can initiate a bud, a needle should be chosen with a large eye. Hard fabrics require a large needle and so on. First of all, you need to stock up on cloth, needles, ribbons, hoops, scissors, and use beads, pearls, beads, and the like as decoration.
How to learn to sew ribbons lilacs, roses, lilies of the valley, lavender, as well as other, non-floral patterns? Having prepared all the necessary tools beforehand, you need to thread the needle through the eye of the needle, tie a knot at the end of the ribbon and first make uncertain first stitches, gradually complicating and perfecting the technique, and mastering this type of needlework will be an incredibly pleasant experience.
Features of such embroidery
To get started you need the following tools and materials:
- Tapes. They come in different widths. It is better to take satin ribbons with a width of 7 - 25 mm.
- Fabric for embroidery. Best of all is gabardine.
- Hoop (wooden or plastic).
- Needles with a wide eye and a blunt end.
- Auxiliary tools: scissors, matches or a lighter, candles, glue, an awl, pliers and a special marker for drawing a picture.
After buying the tools, we start threading the ribbon into the needle. To do this, cut one end of the tape in a straight line and cut it with fire, and cut off the other end at an oblique angle. Insert a ribbon with an oblique angle into the eye of the needle and pull the needle down a little. Then stretch the needle into the same end of the ribbon, without reaching 0.5 ml.
Now hold the needle at the sharp end and pull the tape down. This will result in a bundle that firmly holds the ribbon in the needle.
Now make a flat knot on the other end of the tape. To do this, bend the end of the ribbon and insert the needle with the knot in the resulting bend. It turns out a loop that you need to put on your finger, insert a needle in place of your finger and tighten the ribbon. We get a knot. Now you can begin to embroidery patterns.
Chamomile ribbon embroidery scheme for beginners with step by step photos
- Apply to the fabric pattern.
- Thread the needle from the inside out to the front side, stretch the ribbon and straighten it.
- Having determined the length of the petal, make a ribbon stitch and bring the needle to the wrong side. In order for the petal to be more airy, it is not necessary to tighten the ribbon strongly.
- Immediately withdraw the needle from the seamy side to the front, pulling the needle next to the next petal.
- Straight stitch to create a second petal. The length of the petals does not have to be the same, the petals of different lengths will look more beautiful.
- Embroider the remaining petals in the same way.
The stalks are embroidered with floss threads, folded several times. First, lay the thread along the line of the stem, fix with needles.
Then make a stitch with another thread, taking the needle from the inside out to the front side and grabbing the thread that lies on the canvas.
Sew in the same way all the chamomile trunks.
Daisy petals are embroidered with a green ribbon and wider than the previous one. Focusing on the scheme, we embroider petals, starting from the top.
Fill the middle of the daisy with beads or - we sew with rhinestones -.
Ribbon embroidery with step-by-step photos for beginners
To “ribbon ribbons” it is necessary to create buds. Following the scheme in the photo, twist the desired number of colors. Sew them with thread and sing the ends with a cigarette lighter.
The leaves for the rose are made of ribbon cut into squares. Opaliv edges, fold them three times diagonally, getting a triangle.
Trim the edges and sing down the cut ends, holding the triangle with tweezers. Pin a needle with a thread angle of a triangle. After creating three petals, fasten them with thread. Using glue to attach the petals to the rose.
Apply a drawing to the fabric and secure the buds. Creating the drawings using step-by-step photos and instructions for beginners, you can embroider poppies, asters, tulips, peonies, lilac buds and other various flowers with ribbons.
To create poppies, you will need a wide red ribbon, green - for the core, black floss threads to create stamens, a candle and glue.
- Create a poppy petal pattern from cardboard and cut out 12 identical blanks.
- Add petals with glue or thread.
- Cut rounded parts. The received petals will be fastened on them.
- Using hot melt, apply the petals in a circle, overlaying each subsequent overlap. The bottom layer will consist of 9 petals. The latter half covers the previous one and forms a circle.
- The last three petals form the top layer. Glue them to the middle of the flower.
Poppy core made from a circle of fabric
- Sew the edges of the circle with a needle and thread. Place a piece of sintepon in the center to create volume. Tighten the seam.
- Thread floss fold several times. Thread the needle and pass it into the center of the circle.
- Flip the thread around the circle and secure it, passing the needle down the circle. Tighten the thread.
- Next, sew the thread, placing it perpendicular to the previous one. Pull the thread four times and secure the core. To do this, bring the needle to the center, grab all the threads and lower it down.
- To create the stamens, you need black threads. Wind them onto the cardboard.
- Remove from cardboard and fix with thread in the middle.
- The edges of the stamens are dipped in the PVA glue and immediately in the semolina.
- Sew the core to the middle of the stamens and fix it in the center of the bud.
Butterfly ribbon embroidery workshop for beginners with step by step photos
We offer a simple workshop on butterfly embroidery. To do this you will need tapes 5 and 12 mm wide and a needle.
- Embroidered butterfly body with a length of 4 cm on the prepared fabric with a straight stitch.
- Output a stitch 1 cm long that will serve as a mustache for our butterfly.
- Next, make a mustache. They are made using the popular element of embroidery - “French knots”. To do this, you need to wind the tape several times around the needle and hold the needle inside out into the hole next to the puncture.
- Loop with attachment embroider butterfly wing.
- The second wing is embroidered with a slight overlap on the first.
- The lower wings of the butterfly are embroidered with a wider ribbon.
Bring the needle with the ribbon to the front side and straighten.
- Straighten the ribbon and, holding your finger above the intended stitch length, make a puncture below the place where you hold it. Thus it turns out a curl with a sharp corner, which must be tightened with the help of an auxiliary needle.
Video with master class lessons of such embroidery for beginners
Check out the video that shows a step-by-step tutorial on embroidery with rose ribbons for beginners. You will need a canvas, a frame, a marker for drawing a picture, scissors, a needle, a ribbon and threads in the color of a ribbon. A simple way to create a beautiful bud.
Very beautiful embroidery lilac ribbons. You will need ribbons in the color of lilac and petals, threads and yellow beads, pencil, scissors and a lighter.
For embroidery with tulip ribbons, you will need ribbons in the color of buds and petals, threads, needles, scissors and a lighter. A simple way that you can handle on your own.
Master class on “ribbon-raising a picture”. The work will require bright satin ribbons, needle and floss threads. The finished “voluminous embroidery” is framed.
Ribbon embroidery: list of materials
To learn how to embroider with ribbons, purchase the necessary tools at a handicraft or sewing shop. To work on products you will need the following items:
- the cloth,
- embroidery needles,
- awl and pliers.
The list of tools is wide enough for a simple type of needlework. But with a more detailed acquaintance, you will understand why each of the devices is needed.
The hoop consists of two circles with a small difference in diameter. By putting the fabric on the hoop, you provide it with surface tension, which is necessary to simplify the work with the fabric — soft and wrinkling material.
Needles for embroidery
Ribbon embroidery needles are not similar to standard darning and cross-stitching. Their main difference is the rounded end for a comfortable introduction to the fabric. Working with such needles, you will not tear the mock-up fabric, but only spread the threads forming it.
The ear of these needles is also different from the others - it is elongated so that the tool is easier to fill with ribbons. Depending on the thickness of the selected ribbons, use different sewing needles: from No. 13 for the thickest ribbons, to No. 18 for the narrowest ones.
Items at hand
Lighter is used to cauterize the ends of the bands - so they will not fray and disintegrate.
As for the fabric, give preference to denser and more rigid materials that keep their shape even after they are removed from the hoop. When working with the densest materials, use an awl and pliers - it is extremely difficult to learn how to embroider them with ordinary needles.
You need to learn how to embroider with ribbons of various stiffness, width and tonality. Basically, during the work on the pattern used tape from 2 to 55 millimeters wide.
Below you can find a list of the main types of embroidery ribbons:
- silk ribbons
- satin ribbons
- satin ribbons.
Professional craftswomen all embroidery made with silk ribbons - they are smooth, bright and easily fit into the right patterns. But you can use a more budget option - satin ribbons that are not inferior to silk on the grounds.
To learn how to embroider, the cheapest option will suit you - working with satin ribbons. But it is better not to use them for wide patterns - a hard satin on narrow patterns will bristle and spoil the original idea.
Remember that in order to easily insert one end of the tape into the needle, it is imperative to cut it at a sharp angle.
This simple stitch forms the basis for many heavier stitches. To make embroidery of other elements easier for you, you need to learn how to embroider first.
Before you begin, thread the needle with the ribbon from the back to the front side. At the required distance, return the needle inside out. Make sure that the tape lies flat, not twisted and not confused.
Starting a Japanese stitch should be the same as a straight stitch. That is why its second name is a straight stitch with a curl. Embroidery ribbons in this style helps to create aster petals or dahlias.
But you need to thread the needle back not into the fabric, but into the body of the tape at the distance you need - at the edge, in the middle or at the beginning.
Twisted stitch is called a seam because of the length of its execution. With the help of such a stitch it is possible to execute a flower stalk or a handle from a basket on the embroidery in one motion.
After withdrawing the needle to the front side, twist it several times in your fingers so that the ribbon forms a kind of spiral. Stick into the fabric at the desired distance.
The French nodule is used to create small unopened buds, seeds, and flowers. It is popular for its simplicity and beauty.
After withdrawing the needle, twist the ribbon several times, as in a twisted stitch, and thread the needle through the curls. Stick it near the place of the withdrawal from the inside.
You can also learn how to sew a French knot “on the leg” - all you need to do is stick a needle a couple of centimeters beyond the point of withdrawal.
An air stitch is also called a loop for its appearance. To do this you will need a pencil. After sewing, put a pencil next to the needle. Wrap the ribbon around it and thread the needle into the same hole that formed at the beginning. Remove the pencil.
There is an unspoken rule: the height of the loop at the stitch should be equal to the width of the tape used.
You can vary the seam by performing a loop with an attachment. The loop in the middle is sewn to the fabric with the help of a bead, button or other improvised material. In this way, needlewomen form lilac petals.
Ribbon embroidery: a bouquet of flowers
To quickly learn how to sew ribbons, put into practice the knowledge of the types of stitches. To do this, you can use the video with a master class on creating flowers.
After mastering the simplest patterns, we offer you a master class for making a ribbon bouquet of tulips. Even a beginner can handle it.
This embroidery is made with ribbons of green and pink colors. But instead of pink, you can choose any color for embroidery buds.
Before starting work with a needle with already threaded tape pierce it at a distance of 5-6 centimeters. Stretch the needle to form a knot near the needle's eye. After that, bend the ribbon with a loop on the end and also pass the loop through it, forming a flat knot. Knots will help the loop to hold on to the fabric without moving around.
- Sketch a fan-shaped bouquet on the blank fabric. Use a water-soluble marker or a simple pencil to easily flush the circuit after work. Pull the fabric on the hoop.
- Thread the needle with pink color on the seamy side at the top of the flower and make a straight stitch to the bottom. Retreat to the width of the petal and make another straight stitch, but to the top of the flower.
- On top of these stitches, do the third straight stitch-overlap.
- Begin to embroider on this technology buds, slightly modifying them to make the picture realistic. You can add buds of two petals embroidered overlap to create the illusion of half-open buds.
After finishing work on the flowers you need to learn how to embroider the leaves. For the work you need PVA glue.
- Dip the working needle into the glue. Take a ribbon for the leaves and use a needle to apply glue to about two-thirds of the ribbon.
- Twist the spread over the pipe and remove the needle as shown in the figure.
- After the glue dries, lay the blank with the glued end down and fasten it at the base with several secret stitches.
- Carefully lay the remaining length of ribbon along the flowers and secure the free edge with threads.
In the same technique you can learn to embroider with ribbons bouquets of autumn leaves, roses and wild flowers.
Create a natural picture, randomly scattering the leaves on the bouquet and along it. To make embroidery look like a three-dimensional image, put flowers on top of each other and overlap.
Satin Ribbon Features
In order for the craftswoman to create her little masterpiece, you need to choose the right working material. Satin are offered in plastic packaging, which indicates the thickness of the tape, its color, length and number. The beauty of them is that they have a huge number of colors and shades. There are so many of them that sometimes it is impossible to recognize the desired shade without a number.
In embroidery work, it is important to remember the needle, because if the eye is too small and the ribbon is wide, you will not only forget your product, but also risk damaging the integrity of the ribbon. The material is very delicate and the slightest grip can cause the tape to start pulling up. Other advantages include:
- high strength
- durability of use, shine lasts for several years
- perfectly absorbs moisture
- not electrified
- well draped
Despite the huge number of positives, satin ribbons are very affordable, which makes them popular among embroiderers. Your hobby will save, because by creating an embroidery pattern, you update your interior without significant costs. Many needlewomen say that silk is better to use in embroidery, but their cost is too much for novice craftswomen. Кроме того, учиться лучше на экономном варианте, ведь вы рискуете испортить дорогостоящую ленту, не доведя до конца картину .
Выбрать шелк или атлас, различие между этими видами ткани
Silk ribbons are natural material, and satin is synthetic. Silk is very wrinkled, therefore it should be stored in neat coils, as for satin, it is less sensitive to bends. In addition, silk is prone to molting and fade in the sun, unlike satin.
General information combination of fabrics with satin: Atlas (satin) is combined with lace fabric, velvet, chiffon, organza. Silk is combined with lace fabric, velvet, jersey, organza, panne, satin, chiffon.
The advantages of satin ribbons
If you decide to choose this type of ribbons for your work, be sure that this type of needlework will bring you exceptionally pleasant impressions and take a minimum of time. The fact is that this type of ribbons easily falls on the fabric, but if you are faced with a tape stiffness problem, you can simply wash it with an air conditioner.
For beginners, embroidery from satin ribbons can be carried out with materials of different widths, it all depends on what pattern you want to depict. There is a possibility of embroidery with thin satin stripes, they are easier to pass through the canvas and do not distort the pattern. Also from the wide diameter can make overhead components of the picture - flowers, stems, leaves, bows. They are actually sewn on to their embroidery with hidden stitches, giving their work even more refinement and originality. You can diversify your embroidery by making it voluminous, winding a thick ribbon on the needle and forming French knots. This method of embroidery is one of the key to work. Satin fibers are made from polyester fibers, which is why they so perfectly keep their shape in compositions.
If you are interested in embroidery, then you can find schemes on a variety of Internet resources or download from us. As most argues, roses are best obtained; they will, with their brightness and even petals, give elegance to any picture, besides, they look quite realistic. From satin to make roses is very simple. You can see this for yourself by making a few loops through which the ribbon is passed. This should be done in such a way that the tape passes under the loop, then from above. The result is a bud that looks like a spiral.
A grapevine made of dark-purple ribbons looks no less spectacular; it is also easy to perform - when the needle enters through the canvas, the needle is wrapped around the ribbon and pulled along the entire length through the curl. Make a few knots and complement the straight stitches of green, so you get a vine. There are many more variants of embroidery, which you can find on the website, where techniques of stitches are laid out in a simple form.
Tips of embroidery satin ribbons
Any kind of needlework has its own tricks that allow you to quickly cope with the work or fix minor flaws. Experienced masters are familiar with satin ribbons and with all the subtleties of work, but for beginners it will be very useful to get advice from experts.
- in order to embroider the leaves, you need to twist the ribbon around the needle once and perform straight stitches.
- if it is necessary to perform a large element with a needle twisting, then it is required to unnoticeably fasten it with threads so that it will not be disbanded afterwards.
- Ironing tape recommended from the seamy side. The same applies to the finished work.
- do not forget to cauterize the tips with a lighter, if this is not done, the weaving can be dissolved and, instead of a beautiful flower, you will have a scrap of thread.
- If you frame the embroidery, it is recommended that you insert glass on the front side so that dust does not stick onto the tape. If the glass you do not have in the location, replace it with plastic wrap.
- If you use white canvas or light fabric color as a basis, you should check the ribbons before embroidery and dab them a little. There is a risk that they will turn out to be of poor quality and let in paint, thus ruining the material.
Adhering to such rules, you will manage to keep your embroidery in good shape for a long time. Do not worry if something does not work out, even experienced needlewomen once started with straight stitches and extraordinary knots. Over time, you learn the basics of needlework and you can give advice to beginners.
If you want to keep up with the times, but at the same time appreciate the old traditions and entertainment, it’s a good idea to learn to embroider with an atlas yourself. Everything is quite simple - you need ribbons of several colors, scissors, cloth and a needle with a wide eyelet. To master the basic points, you need to familiarize yourself with three types of stitches, they are called stitches in the needlework world. In total there are 21 types of stitches, although skillful needlewomen every day come up with their own ways of embroidery and create unique masterpieces. To implement a simple picture, you can simply use a straight seam, pulling a needle with a ribbon through the canvas. Be sure to cauterize them at the end with the help of fire so that they do not get loose. It will be very sad if you spend two days on embroidery, and it will collapse at the slightest touch.
DIY embroidery technique
Offered on a variety of online resources, so learn the basics of embroidery is simple. In addition, modern society strongly encourages these types of needlework, offering an extensive range of ready-made compositions with a full set of ribbons, fabric needles and even a picture. Every year more and more materials appear. Silk, satin, lace, synthetic ribbons are used for embroidery. Weaving them together, you can create amazing compositions that are distinguished by their realism. Modern ribbons can be embroidered on all types of fabric through which it is possible to push a needle. The modern quality of satin allows you to embroider the tape and on the skin, if you pre-make holes in it.
Unlike cross stitching, ribbon seams create a three-dimensional image that will certainly attract the attention of true admirers of beauty. Of course, at first it does not always work, as you would like, but have patience, each masterpiece begins with confusion. You will certainly be rewarded for the efforts and time spent enthusiastic exclamations of their friends when they see your skill. Dream, creating new stitches and coming up with ornaments. Having mastered the embroidery technique, you can easily turn your favorite hobby into a profitable business.
You can buy in the store for creativity sets of beginners. It includes the sequence of training, the scheme and all the necessary accessories. To begin the embroidery of the beginning craftswoman, first of all you need a good light in the room where you are going to practice this art. Also, a chair and fixtures on which everything will be at hand.
So, you need to purchase the necessary accessories for needlework.
Fabric (linen, cotton, two-thread, silk, satin, gabardine) for the base
Embroidery for beginners implies in itself that for beginners it is better to start needlework first on the finished drawing-scheme. The fabric can be any. In this way, you will later understand what density of fabric should be taken for a particular picture. For example, embroidery on gabardine is very convenient because it is a pleasant synthetic material, it has very good interlacing of threads, holds the ribbon, the needle easily passes through the fabric. You can also use silk fabric, cotton, satin, flax, wool. It is necessary to take into account the size and weight of the picture, the density of matter is important here, it depends on it reliable fixation of stitches.
Hoops (round, square - from small to large)
The peculiarity is that the whole work area should be in the hoop, the fabric should be well stretched. There should be no clamping, kinking. This accessory for needlework must be selected in relation to the size of the picture. The hoops can have a different shape, both round and rectangular, square. It is desirable to carry out three-dimensional pictures with wooden hoops, and for small still lifes round plastic bases will do.
Needles of different types (tapestry, embroidery and beaded)
The main tool in embroidery satin are needles. There are tapestry needles that have a wide elongated ear with a sharp end. It is important that the ribbon be easily retracted through the eyelet, therefore, they select their own number of needles along the width of each ribbon. If the width of the ribbon is from 2 to 3 mm, then a needle with number 24 is selected. For ribbons from 7 mm to 12 mm, the needle will fit with number 18-22.
Also used at the same time in the needlework of the ribbons are long and thin beaded needles. After all, to complete all the beauty of the product and express the idea of beads and beads, not one skilled worker will hold on. Embroidery needles are also suitable; they can be used to manually embroider certain areas of the picture (petals, stalk or pattern) where the embroidery will be unnecessary.
A spare accessory is sewing pins for fastening fabric, or for fixing ribbons or a petal of some kind.
Thimble, scissors, marker, lighter and awl
The thimble is simply indispensable when working with thick cloth. In order not to injure your hands when pushing a needle with a ribbon, always use this item, it should be present in all handmade embroidery. Shilo is a necessary accessory for sewing and needlework in ribbon embroidery. Performing a unique masterpiece on a dense material, it is sometimes required to stretch a wide ribbon through the fabric. And then the assistant will be an awl, with which you can neatly push the weave of the threads apart, without any damage to the structure on the fabric.
In order to work in embroidery satin looked at the highest level, get sharp comfortable scissors.
In needlework in embroidery from ribbons you need to cut the ribbons from two sides. One tip is cut off smoothly, which will retract into the eye of the tapestry needle, and the second - at an angle of 45 degrees. It is necessary to set it on with a cigarette lighter so that the tape does not crumble. Such tools should always be with you. You should also buy special markers if the work will be done in your own design. They are the most diverse - one, disappearing in the air after two days, the second, disappearing from the water. They are very convenient to carry out the idea of their creativity.
Ribbons (satin and silk)
In order to embody in the dream your conceived masterpiece in the form of a picture or interior decoration in embroidery from ribbons, you need to stock up on many different ribbons. A variety of ribbons for needlework can be easily purchased in specialized stores. They come in different widths - from 2mm-13mm and of course they have a variety of colors. It is better to start trying to embroider with satins, which have a peculiarity in that they are dense in structure, do not wrinkle, dull on one side and shiny on the other, which later add zest to embroidery. But to convey a more natural texture of the flower, it is better to use silk ribbons, because neither softer and more obedient. There are also different types of tapes: organza, nylon, transparent voilevye, corrugated. This type of accessories in embroidery from ribbons is applied on a larger scale. Any composition and your imagination will enrich the composition of colors from ribbons, create the effect of airiness and liveliness.
Threads (floss, wool, iris, grass)
Threads are necessary for fastening stitches on the front side, and from the seamy side - fastening the ends of the stitches. They also complement the decor in the figure, or combine cross-stitch. The most common type of silk threads are. The following is floss and threads of iris, a variety of shades, colors. They can be used in embroidery ribbons in the form of petals, grass, inflorescences. There are well-known threads - grass (very similar in appearance to natural grass), with it you can create whole bouquets. Also in embroidery ribbons used wool, thin or thicker yarn, it all depends on the composition that you create. This type of thread gives the picture volume, fills the voids, is an additional decoration of the improvisation of the craftswoman.
Beads and beads
In embroidery is not superfluous the use of beads and beads. They decorate the creation, you just turn on your imagination and you can get a unique illustration of the work. They have a different shape, color range. Everything is selected individually to the type of pattern in the embroidery of ribbons. These accessories for needlework will reveal, complement the highlight in your inimitable masterpiece. Many craftswomen love to use beads with beads in embroidery.
Nowadays, this kind of needlework is a popular and fascinating activity. It benefits both pleasure at the same time. Such an activity gives you the opportunity to relax psychologically and switch from external problems to appease the internal state. After all, works with their own hands inspire us to be kind, tender and loving to our near and dear ones. Do not be afraid to take on different new hobbies. And now let's learn embroidery ribbons.
First steps for beginners to embroider from ribbons
So, the first thing that needs to be done to start embroidering with ribbons is to fill the ribbon with a needle and fix it. And only then you can begin to study the types of stitches.
Take a thin 6mm ribbon and stretch the needle in the eyelet. Now it needs to be fixed. Place the needle tip on the edge of the tape, retreating from the edge of 1.5 - 3 cm and make a puncture.
Next, you need to lower the ribbon to the end of the needle's eye and pull down to form a bundle.
And the final stage of the bartack to start embroidery - you need to fix the tape at the very end. We take the end of the tape and wrap it twice in half a centimeter and pierce it. Reaching the needle to the end, we get a bundle.
Main types of stitches
To further master the art, you need to learn how to embroider different types of stitches.
Because of these elements consist of flower petals, buds, stems and leaves. Also, some types of seams can be used to finish the picture or embroider some kind of decoration. You have no idea how much stitches with ribbons can transform your picture idea, you can embroider anything, see for yourself.
Seam “loop fixed”
This stitch is convenient to embroider leaves and petals. Fastening the ribbon in the needle, we remove it from the wrong side to the front side.
Then, stepping back a little, make a puncture, forming a loop:
And without pulling the needle completely on the wrong side, we pierce the half-loop along the diagonal closely in the center and draw our ribbon to the front side.
We stretch a needle with a ribbon, we correct the looped ribbon and we get such an element.
Then you need to make a puncture at the top of the loop, so that the girth of the ribbon is formed and we get a tack, that is, a “loop” seam with a lock.
Tightening this setting, it looks like a leaflet:
Stitch with ”curl”
The next version of the leaflets includes a “curl” stitch. They are of two types - direct and offset. An example of a straight stitch with a curl is very simple. We work with a ribbon from 1cm - 1,5cm.
We deduce a needle with a ribbon from the seamy side on the front side and settle it vertically evenly, straightening the ribbon.
Next, do a puncture in the center of the ribbon and stretch the needle, straightening the loop.
Do not forget to carefully lay curls.
Stitch “with a curl with offset”
An example of a straight stitch - “curl with offset” is also very simple in embroidery technique.
- We also draw the needle on the front side and lay the ribbon vertically:
2. Here we just do the puncture not in the center, but along the edge of the ribbon edge on the right:
3. We stretch the ribbon, leaving a loop and get a curl that is turned to the right:
4. You can also sew this stitch “with a curl with an offset”, looking to the left:
There is still a variant of embroidery of leaves and a stalk. It is a bit simpler. The stalks are made using twisted stitch.
- A green ribbon with a width of not more than 6mm is pulled onto the front side and scrolled to form a kind of spring. Next, we introduce the tape at the base of the bud on the wrong side.
2. Thus, a thin stalk is obtained; if it keeps badly and moves along the outline, in the middle it can be fixed with a regular thread.
how to learn to sew ribbons
Before embroidery, of course, you should familiarize yourself with the main stitches that you will use to create your masterpieces. There are four main types of stitches:
- Straight ribbon stitch.
- Side stitch.
- Wrapped tape stitch.
- Air stitch.
Let's take a closer look at how straight stitch is performed.
For a straight stitch, we need to pull out the needle with the ribbon on the front side and press it with the hand to the fabric. Then we start the needle under the ribbon at the very beginning, where we pulled the needle out.
Pull a little tape, pay attention to the photo, so you should get. Mentally look for the center and insert the needle into the tape, thread it carefully (make sure that it does not twist). The edge of the tape will pass neatly into the material and you will get a beautiful straight stitch. This stitch is usually performed small flowers in the composition.
A simple lesson for beginners in embroidery with step by step description and photo
In this lesson you will learn how to embroider a flower with satin ribbons on the material. Потом вы сможете вставить свою картину в рамку и любоваться ею.
Для создания объёмной вышивки вам потребуются:
- Атласные ленты белого, зелёного, жёлтого цвета, шириной не более 10 миллиметров.
- Ткань для вышивки, в нашем мастер-классе возьмём нейтральный синий фон.
- Игла для вышивания с широким ушком.
- Канцелярские ножницы.
- Мел для раскроя или простой карандаш.
Алгоритм выполнения работы
After all materials are prepared for work, you can begin our training. Be patient and start.
- On a sheet of paperdraw a sketch what you want to see in the end result. After the scheme has been drawn up, transfer it with a simple pencil or tailor chalk to the fabric. According to this scheme, we will perform embroidery ribbons.
- Select the place you want to start from. we recommend starting with buds in composition. Look carefully at the photo, you will see that we We offer to start with embroidery daisies. These are the easiest flowers to get started. We fasten the material in the hoop and can get to work.
- Our daisy flower is arranged in a stretched form in the hoop, we take a needle and insert a white satin ribbon into it. We start embroidery from the core. Carefully, with caution we make a puncture on the inside and stretch the ribbon, forming a petal in the scheme from the middle to the edge of the sketch. Pay attention to the fact that each stitch will look like a petal. Try not to tighten the ribbon, otherwise the fabric will be distorted.
- Embroider so all the petals of our flower in a circleso that we have an empty core. After that, we begin to embroider the chamomile core. You will be required to complete this task. knotting. To do this, pay attention to the photo, take the needle and wind the tape twice around it. And pass through the material. Make nodules around the perimeter of the core. Look at the photo, something like this should work.
That's all, a master class in embroidery of one bud from our composition is finished, perform all the other buds in the same technique as above, and then proceed to the formation of the stems.
They can be simply embroidered by inserting a needle with a ribbon into the material and drawing them alongside. So, the stalk will turn out equal and a little faltering, like a real one.
Master class on embroidering a bouquet of roses on a fabric of satin ribbons
The rose embroidery technique is more complicated than the master class with a bouquet of daisies, which was discussed above. Read everything carefully to the end to accurately represent how much work you have to do and what you will encounter during the execution of the composition.
For embroidery of roses to you would need:
- Ribbons saturated pink and green.
- Needle with a long narrow eye for embroidery.
- The hoop.
Rose embroidery algorithm with satin ribbons on fabric:
Before you begin to include in the composition of rose buds, they need to learn how to sew separately from all colors. Rose embroidery is very complicated.
- Cut a piece of tape about 60–70 cm. Cut obliquely at an angle of about 45 degrees. On the reverse side, the straight end of the ribbon should be slightly burned with a match or a lighter.
- Take a needle with a wide long eye and insert the end of the satin ribbon trimmed under a bias into it. Pull the ribbon slightly, then insert the needle into it and tighten the knot at the end.
- Everything, having made a knot, can be started, insert the fabric into the hoop and pierce from the inside out, withdraw the needle with the ribbon to the outside. Make a stitch to the side, but see that it is not very tight. Notice that what will be the stitch, so will the rose in diameter. So if you need a big rose, do big stitches.
- Look carefully at the photo you you need to perform three stitches in different directions, diverging from one point. Thus, you will have three rays that will serve as the basis for our rose.
- For greater clarity at the beginning of the work, you can draw a circle around the rays, so it will be easier for you to start embroidering the rose with ribbons.
- We derive the needle with the tape in the middle between the rays on the circle. Look carefully at the photo, it will be clearer and clearer. Bring the needle with the ribbon to the front. Stretch it through the farthest beam, according to photo instructions in our article. After you pass the needle under the stitch, you need to insert it into the circle that we drew at the same level as the hole into which we inserted the needle initially.
- now we have rose base of five raysand we can start creating a flower bud. We remove the needle exactly in the center of the flower under the ribbons and tie it round the stitches, without much pulling. The direction of the needle must be counterclockwise. Note that as soon as you reach the beam, change the direction of the needle, first under it, then above it. So we make a flower bud, alternating the direction of the needle.
- We pass the needle with the ribbon around the perimeter of the flower and finish bundling rays only when they become completely invisible. We fix the ribbon, lowering it under the bud, and cut it there, after tying the knot.
- Next, perform as many flower buds as you need for the composition, and begin to form the leaves with the stems.
- We embroider stems in the same way as in daisies, and we form leaves using aerial ribbon stitches.
Workshop on embroidery spikelets of satin ribbons
Often, when embroidering large compositions with a sufficient number of colors, field paintings are an integral part of such paintings. On our fields a lot of different flower crops grow, respectively, very often and in the pictures you can see spikelets of wheat inserted into the flower arrangement. Now we will tell you how to embroider the spikelets for your picture to create a field bouquet.
In order to embroider spikelets you will need prepare:
- Satin ribbons of two colors: bright yellow and pale yellow. The width should be 50 and 30 millimeters.
- Thread floss rich yellow color.
- Needle for embroidery.
- The hoop.
- Matches or cigarette lighter.
- Canvas. For beginners it is better to use it for mastering the technique of embroidery.
Selection of fabric for the basics
Embroidery flowers ribbons for beginners may seem complicated. Therefore, the training should proceed from the beginning. In order for embroidery of flowers with ribbons to turn out to be of high-quality, beautiful, you must first choose the right tools and materials for work. The result depends on this first of all.
It is very important that the base fabric, on which the embroidery of flowers with ribbons will be carried out, be strong enough, because the stitches must be securely fixed. But do not forget that the matter should easily pass the needle with a ribbon. Most often, masters use tapestry, linen, embroidery fabric.
Sometimes a colored drawing is already printed on the canvas. It is very easy for him to embroider flowers with ribbons - schemes in this case are not required.
Selection of tapes for embroidery
An interior item created by yourself will decorate even the most modest dwelling, bring comfort and even some luxury into the room, add charm to a rich setting.
It is very important to choose the right shades of ribbons. Sometimes you have to combine several types of them, because the flower itself can have different tones in its various points. By the middle, for example, it is darker and richer, and to the edges - softer and lighter.
To make the embroidery as natural as possible, silk, satin, corrugated and nylon (organza) ribbons that are suitable in color and shades are used. Their width ranges from two to fifty millimeters.
Device for work
Each embroideress knows how important it is to have a nice, comfortable hoop. Only if the basis on which the embroidery of flowers is performed with ribbons is sufficiently stretched, can we expect to receive a qualitative result.
Hoops are round, measuring up to fifty centimeters in diameter. They perform a small amount of work. But for the big paintings the craftswoman will need stationary hoops, resembling an easel for drawing.
Selection of needles for embroidery
Handicrafts should not only be aimed at the result. The process of work itself is a pleasure, a way to relieve stress, to get the joy of creation. Therefore, every little thing can be important.
Special attention should be paid to the needles. Ordinary here will not work. Embroidery with satin ribbons of flowers is performed with special needles, chenille or tapestry, with a wide eyelet. They should be easy to thread through the tape. The craftswoman will need needles from the thirteenth to the eighteenth size and one for embroidery with beads (No. 26).
It is best to use blunt needles that push the warp threads apart, while sharp ones can tear them.
How to insert the ribbon into the needle
Usually for this stage of the work embroideress requires scissors and a lighter. The tape of the desired length is cut off. one of its tip is melted to ensure that it does not bloom.
The second edge of the tape is cut "on the corner." With a sharp tip, the tape goes into the eye of the needle and stretches to the very end. The spotted edge should linger around the hole.
Narrow ribbons with a width of not more than 4 mm are tied at the end with an ordinary knot. It must be of such size that it does not slip into the ear. Wide ribbons secure at the end of the bundle- "pad". To do this, scorch the edge you need to roll a couple of times, the bend should be about 1 cm wide. Piercing the resulting "pad" in the middle with a needle, pull the ribbon through it.
Ways of stitches
Everyone understands that working with ribbons is different from ordinary embroidery. There are different types of stitches that need to master the needlewoman. This is necessary for the craftswoman in order for the picture to have a close resemblance to natural natural flowers in order to get beautiful and precise embroidery with ribbons.
Flower bouquets with lush buds look luxurious when used in addition to another method. It is based on the folding of the inner part of the bud, followed by sewing in the embroidered rows of opened petals.
Embroidery flowers ribbons. Master class: "Roses"
Almost all people like luxurious and delicate roses. It turns out that embroidering these flowers is not so difficult if you follow the step by step instructions. Even a beginning needlewoman can master a lesson.
Begin work by stretching the base fabric to the hoop.
Making an internal rosebud
- The tip of the tape 5 centimeters wide is bent at a 45 degree angle.
- The sharp received corner is rolled into a straw. It takes about three turns.
- The working tape is bent out, fixed at the very bottom of the bud with an ordinary needle with a thread and cut off. At the same time, the lower part of the blank is also stitched so that it does not disintegrate.
Paintings made by the combined method of embroidery
Often masters use several techniques in one job. For example, the picture “Flower lawn at the edge of the forest” looks amazing. Embroidery is made with a cross. The sky, the forest itself and the upper part of the lawn should be the backdrop on which the embroidery is done with ribbons of wild flowers.
In the clearing usually grows a lot of daisies. For their embroidery straight stitches are used. The tape needs a width of 1 cm to 1.5. Can be used for embroidery daisies stitch with a curl. It successfully imitates the natural curves of the petals. When performing this stitch, the needle first pierces the ribbon before going out on the wrong side of the base (in the figure with stitches, the first variant).
The core of the flowers is carried out with yellow floss threads using the rococo method or with eyelets.
Field poppies also look beautiful. Doing them is also not difficult. Bright red ribbons embroider one row of petals in the same way that roses are embroidered. The core is placed in the center of the flower.
It is sewn separately from green satin in the form of a ball, stuffed with padding polyester. With black floss floss it is dragged from the middle to the edges, dividing into five parts with radii. Bottom of the ball perform a fringe of loops. Fix the core with a needle and thread. You can carefully paint the tips of the threads of the fringe with white gouache or toothpaste.
Stems of flowers are made of green ribbons. It is possible to twist the tape in the stitches during the stitches, making the stem thin. It is recommended even to fasten it with ordinary threads. The unopened buds of poppies are embroidered according to the algorithm described for a pink bouquet.
Drawings for embroidery
To create a thing that gives joy to the eye, embroidery of flowers will help ribbons. Schemes for the works can be drawn independently or transfer any favorite drawing to tracing paper. Then the pattern should be transferred to the fabric.
Having laid a tracing paper with a pattern on the base, it is fastened with a “forward needle” seam with a thread, so that later you can easily remove both the stitches and the tracing paper itself. The needle makes frequent tattoos along the contours of the objects that are planned to be placed on the embroidery.
After this procedure, punctures are rubbed with colored chalk. After removing the tracing paper on the basis of a chalk drawing outline. Its outline can be cut around the pencil for convenience. Only during embroidery should you try to arrange objects so that the trace of auxiliary lines is hidden under the stitches.
Today, a water marker has appeared and with a trace that self-vanishes in two days. When working with them, the craftswoman does not have to worry about the fact that the auxiliary lines will spoil the finished work. The only inconvenience is that the embroidery should be finished before the outline of the pattern disappears.
Some needlewomen use as a scheme prints on fabrics, canvas for cross-stitch or bead embroidery, where there is already a pattern in color.
Ribbon embroidery for beginners
Beautiful and attractive ribbon embroidery for beginners has a few secrets on the choice of tools and material. Here is what you need to know about the technique performed step by step:
- Ribbons for embroidery can be any on the material and width. Optimal for embroidery to buy silk, satin or satin strips with a width of 7-25 mm.
- Fabric or canvas for embroidery should be of high density so that the stitches are fastened securely. Beginner craftswoman can practice using a special canvas and embroidery patterns, and only then proceed to decorate handbags, blouses or gloves. To facilitate the work, you can transfer the pattern directly to the fabric.
- Hoops - suitable from wood or plastic. Their purpose is to stretch the fabric and fasten it to a flat embroidery surface.
- Needles - Beginners will need special tools that are different from the classic tools for sewing. They have a wide eyelet that allows the ribbon to pass freely. It is important to compare the thickness of the needles with the strength of the fabric. The tool should be chosen smooth, with no signs of rust, with a blunt end, so that when entering the fabric, the fibers do not tear with a sharp edge, but move apart.
- Auxiliary tools for beginners will require scissors, a lighter, matches, pliers and an awl. The latter are used when embroidering on thick fabric. It is useful to purchase special markers for the application of the image, which disappear 2 days after application.
How to learn to sew ribbons basic elements
After acquiring the necessary tools, beginners start needlework and threading ribbons into a needle. To do this, cut one tip in a straight line, and the second - at an angle. The first one is cauterized by fire, and the last one is inserted into the ear with a slight pull. Then you need to insert the needle into the pulled out part in the middle, holding the needle with your hand, pull the burned end to make a knot near the ear.
A master class on embroidery for beginners step by step is to start with the basic elements:
- Straight (ribbon) stitch - thread the needle from the seamy side, enter back, holding the strip.
- Japanese (with a curl) stitch - enter the needle on the front side. Straighten the strip and impose on the fabric, insert the needle in the middle of the strip, and then into the corner of the fabric.
- Twisted (stalked) seam - remove the needle from the inside, turn it over so that the ribbon is twisted, enter from the front side.
- French knot - remove the needle from the inside, several times twist the strip around the needle, thread back near the exit point.
- Loop (air stitch) - remove the needle from the inside, put a pencil under the strip, twist it around, insert the needle into the same exit point.
- The loop with the attachment is performed in the same way as a simple loop, only in the center there is an attachment of a bead, a bead or a French knot made of a thin ribbon.
How to sew ribbons bud
Simple classical embroidery of flowers with ribbons for beginners step by step begins with the creation of a bud. It will require ribbons of two colors and neat work according to the scheme:
- Draw a circle on the product, put a dot in the center. Split the template into segments.
- Remove the needle with a ribbon in the middle of the wrong side, at the same point to thread back, leaving on the front side of the loop with an equal circle radius. Thread the needle across the face of the circle.
- Thread the needle inside the loop, pull to get the petal from the center to the line. Insert the needle at the exit point on the face to grab the loop. Enter from the front, tighten the second short loop. Nice to pack.
- Repeat for 8 petals, then embroider with another color.
Embroidery satin ribbons petals
Any simple embroidery ribbons for beginners step by step includes floral motifs, so it is important to know how to embroider classic petals according to the scheme:
- Draw a circle, put a dot in the center of the sketch.
- Remove the needle from the inside in the middle of the circle, hold the strip face up to the line of the circle, straighten the folds at the point of withdrawal. Иглой соединить края на 5 мм далее линии круга. Провести с изнанки на лицо одного края, повторить наоборот для другого.
- При выводе ленты через края получится узелок на конце лепестка. Нужно завернуть конец лепестка и ленточку поверх него, чтобы лепесток остался выпуклым. Insert the needle in a strip along the circumference of the top of the petal, pull out to the inside.
- Tighten the knot to get a convex at the base, wrapped up and inward petal.
When the flowers and buds are ready, beginner masters learn how to embroider stems and leaves. Do this step by step through the following lesson:
- The stalks are embroidered with twisted stitches: put the needle on the face, turn the fingers to twist the material, pierce the ribbon in the right place, pull the needle to the inside. To secure, thread the needle on the face near the puncture site, form a knot and lead it to the wrong side.
- The leaves are embroidered step by step with ribbon stitches: straighten the ribbon on the face, pierce at a point 2/3 of the length, return to the wrong side, adjust the tension. Repeat the required number of times.
Floral embroidery ribbon for beginners
A simple lesson for beginners is the rosebud embroidery for a picture step by step:
- Make 5 stitches with a thread in color strips to get rays from one center - the contour of the flower.
- Embed the ribbon in the needle, make a bundle - at a short distance from the edge, insert the needle into the middle, holding the fabric, tie a flat knot.
- Remove the needle with the ribbon on the face, twist successively 5 rays to make the fabric look shiny side up. Pass the ribbon should alternately under the beam and above it. Wrap the base thread in series, spiraling, so that the rose petals are staggered.
Lilac flowers embroidery lesson for a picture of beginning needlewomen step by step:
- Need 2 needles - with ribbon and thread. Put both on the front one, make 2 stitches along the ribbon, 1 across, 2 along, 1 across.
- Pull the string, pull the ribbon to get the flower.
Ribbon embroidery on clothes
In addition to decorating with roses, embroidery ribbons for beginners step by step includes various options for creating daisies, chrysanthemums, tulips, peonies. Any flower you like can be embroidered on clothes with proper skill and imagination. Beautifully volume flowers, compositions from leaves and stalks, magnificent bouquets look. In addition to garments you can decorate pillows and linens, embroidery tapestry paintings.