Nail polish remover - a must for anyone who does a manicure. It contains acetone or methyl ethyl ketone, butyl acetate, ethyl acetate, isopropyl alcohol. Acetone is more toxic, it dries the nail plate more strongly, but it effectively dissolves any varnish, and, consequently, the time it affects the nails is minimal. In turn, non-acetone preparations do not dry the nails and the skin around them as much, they do not have a strong specific smell, but dissolve the varnish more slowly.
Manufacturers will improve products, include in the composition of the oil, moisturizing ingredients, minimizing the harmful effects, and also offer non-acetone fluids that effectively dissolve any coating in a few seconds.
We have compiled a list of the best nail polish removers based on expert assessments of experts and feedback from actual customers. Our recommendations will help you to make a choice, the best requirements and desires. There are many competitors in the beauty industry, but we have selected the best manufacturers and recommend paying special attention to them:
- Domix Green Professional
Use another varnish
The composition of nail polishes contains a certain amount of solvents that evaporate when the varnish is drying and fix the coloring matter on the surface of the nail. Knowing this fact, you can take it as a basis when removing the old layer. To do this, simply take a colorless nail polish or another color of any color, apply over the old manicure, and after wiping the cotton pad quickly wipe it off the nail plate. Apply each layer alternately on each finger, and then immediately wash. And the varnish should be exactly quick-drying.
The solvents contained in the composition will soften the old lacquer layer, which will help to remove it easily and without residue. Do not use fast-drying paint, as well as means-drops, accelerating its drying. They will not give the expected result.
Nail polish remover can easily be replaced with substances that are regularly eaten. These are good counterparts, since they are available and completely harmless to the nail plate.
- Regular vegetable oil. It is used this way: a small amount of it is applied to each nail plate so that it does not spread, but covers the entire layer of old varnish. Leave in this form for 20-30 minutes, and then wipe the soaked layer with a cotton pad.
- Lemon juice or citric acid solution. With such a tool wipe painted nails and expect the desired result in a few minutes.
- A mixture of vinegar and soda mineral water. Fingers are placed into such a liquid for several minutes and then wiped with a varnish disc with a varnish.
- Alcohol with a high percentage of alcohol. This way to replace the nail polish remover is not entirely safe for the nail plate, but if you do everything quickly, then wash your hands thoroughly and smear them with a moisturizer, then everything will be fine.
The lack of nail polish remover is not a problem if you have several tools in your home arsenal that can replace it. In addition, they are completely harmless to the structure of the nail plate.
- Classics of the genre - the removal of the dye with alcohol. Yes, the usual medical alcohol will completely remove the remnants of the old manicure. You just need to put it on a cotton pad and wash the varnish as well as it would be done with ordinary nail polish remover. The only drawback - alcohol dries with frequent use, so they should not get carried away, and after using it you need to lubricate the nails with a special cream.
- Hot soapy water. You can just hold your fingers in this solution, and you can wash something at the same time. Varnish easily "fall off" after such a manipulation.
- Hydrogen peroxide certainly exists in the first-aid kit for many. Just need to moisten her cotton wool or cotton pad and erase traces of the former manicure. Or you can add a tablespoon of peroxide to 100 ml of hot water and hold your fingers in this solution. After remove the remaining varnish.
- Turpentine, white spirit or gasoline is very effective and will instantly cope with the task. That's just the smell from them unpleasant, and they also dry the skin and can leave yellow marks on it. After using these products, hands should be washed well with soap and lubricated with hand and nail cream.
How can you erase the varnish, if there is no liquid and the above funds? Answer prompts ladies beautician. As it turned out, even there you can find a solution to the problem.
- Varnish for fixing hair. This tool is sprayed onto a cotton pad and very quickly they try to wipe off the old varnish. Lacquer dries quickly, so you can not hesitate to manipulate. But at the same time do not forget about safety: the tool can contribute to the appearance of irritation on the skin. After getting it on the skin, it is necessary to immediately wash the place of contact with water and soap.
- Deodorant spray. The product is sprayed onto a cotton pad so that it becomes wet, and then it removes varnish residues.
- An effective, but long way is to remove varnish with perfume. However, you will have to make an effort and patience, but the result will please. But perfume or eau de toilette should be based on alcohol, not oil. Will work well cologne.
- Toothpaste. It is better to use white and whitening. Apply about "pea" paste on each nail and rub with a cotton pad until you get the expected result.
Scraping old layer
How can one erase a varnish without resorting to chemical and food products? Mechanical impact. But it is better to refer to this method in the last place, because it is not quite safe for the nail plate.
For such a method suitable sharp manicure or an alternative tool. It is better to refuse a file. This method will eliminate the old varnish, but the nail plate will become damaged, rough, prone to delamination and fragility.
You can scrape off the paint from the nails with another nail, but it is also unsafe. After the mechanical removal of the nails will need a long rehabilitation.
"Do no harm" - commandment when removing nail polish
If an aggressive chemical agent, white spirit or gasoline was chosen as an alternative to nail polish remover, then precautions should be taken.
- Apply the substance in small quantities on a cotton pad.
- Carry out the procedure in a well ventilated area or outside (if possible).
- The skin of the hands must be wrapped with cling film, cloth or rubber gloves with cut fingertips. Contact with these products on the skin will lead to allergic reactions, yellow spots, peeling.
- When erasing paint, you should not get close to your nails and a moistened cotton pad, so as not to inhale the toxic smell in large quantities.
- You should not be near pregnant women, children and animals, so as not to come massive toxic poisoning.
Refer to this method of removing color and colorless varnish from nails as rarely as possible.
Lacquer with sparkles
Lacquer with glitter is inconvenient to remove even with the usual nail polish remover, since its particles cling to a cotton pad and are not erased the first time. To prevent such problems, and the lack of a liquid with acetone does not become a problem, varnish with sparkles should be removed in the following way:
- First you need to use one of the previously presented methods to remove the top coat of varnish. Glitter will remain.
- After that, make a bath of hot water and soap or shower gel. Dip her fingers into it and leave until the water cools.
- After that, take an orange stick or a metal file and a soft rounded end and gently scrape the softened glitters from the surface of the nails.
- After that, hands and nails smeared with a special cream.
How to remove gel polish at home
You can quickly and safely remove shellac at home by following the instructions and having the necessary minimum of cosmetic tools:
- nail file with fine abrasiveness,
- orange stick,
- glass nail file
- cotton wool or special wrappers.
Having collected all necessary and directly liquid for removal gel varnish, it is possible to start procedure. Given the experience, agility of the fair sex, the removal takes from 0.5 to 1 hour.
- Hand protection.
- Preparation of nails.
- Processing after removal.
Each stage has its own characteristics:
- It is necessary to lubricate the hands to protect against acetone, the main solvent of varnish.
- The result of applying nail polish remover will be better if you remove the glossy layer before.
- Apply remuver. Use the method with pegs or foil. Withstand the time, carefully remove the lacquer base with prepared chopsticks. Orange sticks unusually soft.
- After removal, re-treat the nail with nutrients.
- To choose the right fluid, you need to know the manufacturer. It is great if the funds used are from the same company
- Cotton pads with liquid should be the same size as the nail.
- Do not regret time for restorative, firming treatments with creams, warm baths and other special means.
- Let's relax your nails, take a break of at least 3-7 days before the new varnish.
By following these rules, you will succeed with minimal harm to the hands and greater efficiency to maintain the health of the nail plates.
With clothespins for shellac removal
Features and advantages of use of clothespegs:
- Reusable clothespins are much more effective than foil.
- Press the cotton pad tightly.
- Reduce the time of removal of varnish. It is reduced to 8-10 minutes.
- Careful effect on the nail structure.
- There is no discomfort.
- Save money, due to the fact that less expensive liquid is used.
Artificial coating is very resistant. In the salons, its dissolution is produced by professional means - remuvers. The procedure is expensive, but you can buy the liquid yourself and remove shellac at home.
Using acetone and foil
Most gel polish removers contain acetone. Sometimes acetone is used in the form of a solution with water or added to a regular nail polish remover. Order of use:
- Acetone is diluted with water 2: 1.
- A little heated in a water bath.
- The cuticles are turned off with a stick.
- Hands greased with fat cream.
- Moistened cotton disc in acetone, put on the nail.
- Wrap each finger in foil.
- After 10 minutes, check the varnish on the first wrapped finger on the ability to remove from the nail.
- Carry out the removal procedure. Cream should be washed off with warm water.
Key points to remember:
- You can not begin the procedure of removing varnish, if it is not completely removed. Be sure to extend the procedure for 5-10 minutes until complete dissolution.
- Do not forget to grease your hands with a fat cream - you can get burned.
- Do not remove the cuticle before removal - the root of the nail will be damaged, its growth will slow down.
The choice of liquid depends on which manufacturer you prefer for building up the gel base, disposable means and time.
Gel Polish Removers
Market analysis shows that there are manufacturers who produce more benign formulations. The most famous brands of this type:
- CND Shellac Power Polish Nourishing. Produced in the UK, supplied in bottles of 236 ml,
- liquid "Severin", produced in Russia. Bottle of 50 and 1000 ml, depending on the purpose and composition,
- Match. Produces firm Lechat (USA), bottles of 100 ml,
- Perfect. Launched to the market by a Korean manufacturer in a plastic screw-tight container with a capacity of 148 ml
- Yoko. Available in the USA in 120 and 200 ml containers.
Means for removing shellac has its pros and cons. Here are some advantages and disadvantages of the liquids in question:
- CND - high cost, time of action is minimal, as well as toxicity.
- "Severin" - a means universally for the ability to dissolve varnish, a long duration.
- Match - the perfect balance of price and quality, can dry the nail plate.
- Perfect - ease of use, justifies the high price of the product.
- Yoko - biogel contains a maximum of useful substances, it is easy to erase it with a napkin. Minus hard to reach.
Difficulty of choice
Today on the market you can find a significant amount of various nail polish removers.
The most common among them is nail polish remover. But the problem is that it is necessary to put on a cotton pad or sponge a little more than is necessary and the liquid spreads rather unpleasantly on the hands. And this is very inconvenient, especially if it is necessary to wipe the varnish with only one, unsuccessfully made-up, nail.
After using nail polish remover, the nail becomes dull and loses shine. And the tool itself is extremely negative effect on the nail plate, making it more fragile and thin. Cream and gel have recently become increasingly popular. They do not flow, and rather quickly cope with their "duties".
In addition, the basis of most of this type of funds in addition to methyl ethyl ketone (an analog of acetone) contains a significant amount of additives - vitamins and mineral elements, essential oils, plant extracts.
Thanks to them, the tool protects the nail from the negative effects of the solvent. But if the rem is very convenient to use (it needs to be applied on the nail), then there are several more problems with the gel. The fact is that the fingertip should be immersed in a gel. But in this case, the tool acts not only on the nail plate, dissolving the varnish, but also on the skin. But the benefits of such an impact will not be.
Wipes and pencils for removing varnish are very convenient, because they can be used at any time. The same can be said about the sponge, with the only difference that it is convenient only for the first use. But to wipe the nail with a sponge soiled is uncomfortable, and the result is not always good.
There is another method that is not so common. These are clips for nail polish removers. They are a small cap that fits over the tip of your finger.
Such a clip is opened by pressing on her ears. Inside there are special ribs that fix a cotton pad moistened with a face remover, or a napkin. The use of clips is most effective in the case when the removal of gel polish from nails. After all, it takes a lot of time to dissolve its solid foundation. In this case, in order not to hold a cotton pad on each nail alternately, you can use these clips. That is, the process of removing gel polish is much faster.
How to choose the right - read the composition
Means for removing varnish conventionally mono divided into two categories - those that contain acetone, and those that do not contain it. Acetoacetic agents negatively affect the state of the nail plate, so it is recommended to use them as a last resort.
As for acetone-free agents, they contain solvents with a softer, sparing effect. In addition, in such tools there are a significant number of additional components that are beneficial for the nail.
It is very useful to read the composition of the nail polish remover, especially if the package says “acetone free”. As a rule, such an inscription is simply a trick on the part of the manufacturer who wants to convince of the safety of the product. And most often in the composition of such funds the main ingredient is MEK (methyl ethyl ketone). Yes, it is not acetone. But this substance is its complete counterpart, with all the positive and negative properties.
The difference between MEK and acetone is in the softer smell of the first. As for the degree of harm that a substance can cause with a nail, they are absolutely equal.
The safest are the means in which amylacetate or methyl acetate. It is important to note that they are also unsafe, but compared to acetone they do minimal damage to the nails.
It is necessary to stop the choice on means in which besides the main solvent there are also useful additives - vitamins, minerals and so on. These substances can reduce the harmful effects of the solvent and preserve the health and attractiveness of the nails.
Many girls do not attach importance to the fact that with constant nail varnish (and, accordingly, regular erasing), there can be significant problems with the nails. First of all, under the influence of varnish and liquid for its removal, nails become thinner, made thinner and brittle.
Quite often, girls are faced with a situation when, after removing nail polish, nails are yellow. Discoloration occurs due to the use of overly bright and dark shades.
In order to avoid such a situation, simply pre-apply a transparent varnish base. If this happens, you need to carefully care for your nails for several days.
In particular, it is recommended to make soap-and-salt baths, rub vitamins into the nails (Aevita capsules are perfect for this), essential oils. Кроме того, для быстрого устранения желтизны рекомендуется несколько раз в день протирать ногти соком лимона.
Еще одна весьма распространенная проблема — болят ногти после снятия гель лака. Причина этого кроется в неправильном снятии лака такого типа. Для того, чтобы удалить гель-лак с ногтей, следует воспользоваться клипсами (о них было сказано ранее).
Если такой возможности нет. It is necessary to put a disc moistened with nail polish remover on each nail and fix it with foil. So you need to keep 15-20 minutes.
After this softened varnish is carefully removed from the nails with an orange stick. Some masters make a gross mistake - use metal pusher to remove gel varnish. It is not right. Pusher can be used to remove only the top layer of varnish. But if you remove the entire layer with its help, there is a significant pressure and damage to the nail plate. Therefore, be attentive to the choice of the master.
If an error does occur, careful care of the nails is necessary after removing the gel polish. For this perfect previously described methods of nail restoration. Just a week of regular wellness procedures - and your nails will once again shine with beauty and health.
The best gel polish remover: review
CND Nourishing Remover
The liquid is designed to remove the gel coating from the nails. The composition of the product includes vitamin E, which protects and nourishes the layers of the nail plate. The drug acts very gently and gently, while completely eliminating gel polish in 7 minutes. Liquid perfectly moisturizes the nails and strengthens them.
Ingredients such as linalool, macadamia oil, cinnamon, benzyl ester, salicylic acid, vitamin E and acetone are included. The tool does not overdry the cuticle and very carefully eliminates the coating. In this case, the tool is spent quite economically. Volume - 235 ml. Producer means - CND (Creative Nail Design) USA.
Nail Product Remover
This quality tool will quickly remove any gel polish from the nail plates. The preparation does not dry out the nail at all, perfectly moisturizes and strengthens it. The product acts very gently and does not contain pure acetone. The bottle of liquid is equipped with a special convenient dispenser - this provides savings. From the dispenser, the liquid is applied to the swab to remove the gel polish.
The composition includes natural softening lanolin, which contains useful lipids. Lanolin promotes the formation of a protective layer on the nail. This prevents the loss of necessary moisture. The nail after the procedure becomes well-hydrated and well-groomed. Volume - 228 ml. Manufacturer - Entity (USA).
Artificial Nail Remover
The tool is designed to remove gel polish, biogel, acrylic coating on the nails. The drug acts very carefully and allows you to remove any artificial coatings from the nail plates. The liquid does not desiccate and does not damage the nail layers, reliably protects against the negative effects and micro-scratches. They are very easy to use - it is necessary to put a small amount of liquid on a cotton pad and attach it to the nail. It is required to withstand the time of exposure to the drug - 15-20 minutes. Cotton swab wrapped in foil. Gel polish is removed from the nail with a stick. Volume - 100 ml. Manufacturer - In'Garden, USA. Importer - Russia.
Domix GEL Varnish Remover
Innovative development company Domix Green Professional is designed to safely remove the gel polish from nails. The tool perfectly softens the gel coating and does not overdry the nails. The drug takes care of the structure of the nail plate, does not damage it and reliably protects against negative factors. The composition of solvents that are included in the liquid is perfectly balanced by the developers.
The drug includes castor oil, gently caring for the nails. The tool has a pleasant aroma and in 10 minutes dissolves the gel coating on the nails. To remove the gel polish, it is necessary to apply the drug on a cotton pad, put it on the nail and gently eliminate the remnants of the material with a stick 10 minutes after applying the tampon. The volume of the bottle is 1000 ml. It has a narrow neck for transfusion into smaller containers. A large volume of the bottle is designed for salons and hairdressers.
Liquid perfectly removes gel polish, as well as tips, silk and acrylic coatings from nails. The drug is available in bottles of 1000 ml, so it is willing to buy beauty salons and hairdressers. The product contains a complex of safe solvents and emollients that gently eliminate gel varnish. The drug does not damage the cuticle and the top layer of the nail plate. Country of origin - Russia.
Professional nail polish remover makes it possible to quickly remove the gel coating on the nails. The drug does not contain acetone and has a pleasant orange flavor. Perfect for removing gel polish and nail decor. It contains the necessary moisturizers for the nail plate, vitamin E. The product very gently takes care of the nails and takes part in the formation of collagen. The drug can be used both at home and in manicure rooms. The volume of the bottle - 250 ml. Manufacturer - Nila, USA.
Allows you to very quickly and easily remove gel materials from the nail plates. Does not harm the structure of the nails. It has a very simple technology for removing gel polish. On a cotton pad, you need to apply a little money, apply it to your nail for 10 minutes, then remove the softened material with a special stick. The drug takes care of the condition of the nail and affect sparing at the time of the procedure. The volume of the bottle is 100 ml. Country of origin - Russia.
Universal liquid for removing gel varnish, biogel on nails. It protects nails from mechanical damage, it acts very gently and prevents injury to the nail plates. Very quickly and easily removes the gel coating on the nails. To eliminate gel polish, apply a small amount of liquid on a cotton pad, attach it to the nail for 10 minutes, then remove the softened material with a special stick. Ingredients include: Tocopheryl acetate, acetone, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Isobutyl alcohol.
The volume of the bottle is 500 ml. Designed for both home use and for nail salons. Country of origin - Russia.
Very high quality product for the removal of gel polish. Special liquid contains safe solvents that effectively soften the gel nail coating. Cosmetic perfectly protects the nail plate, eliminates mechanical damage and the formation of micro-scratches. The drug removes gel varnish and biogel in a very high quality, therefore it is considered universal among professionals.
The composition of the product includes tea rose oil, coconut, tropical fruits, which carefully protect and care for the nail, as well as special substances that dissolve the coating. The basis of the drug included acetone, vitamin E and B5. This remedy with vitamins perfectly restores and protects the nail.
Jerden Proff Gel Remover
This liquid from the famous brand Jerden Proff perfectly moisturizes the nail plate and very carefully removes the gel coating from the nail. The drug has a high quality - reliably protects the nails from the negative impact, gently cleanses and does not damage the cuticle. Means in 10 minutes softens an artificial gel covering. The liquid has a pleasant aroma. Available in bottles of 150 and 500 ml.
The components that make up the drug are non-toxic. The liquid contains vitamins that nourish the nail plate and restore its structure.
High-speed and effective liquid for liquidation of a gel covering from nails. Many professionals in nail salons love working with this tool. The drug is great for use at home. After 10 minutes, the applied complex of non-toxic solvents completely softens the gel varnish. Unnecessary material is cleaned with a special stick.
The main feature of this tool is a unique formula for strengthening the structure of the nail. The drug will not only quickly remove the coating, but also take care of improving the condition of the nails. It does not overdry the nail plate and acts very gently. To remove the coating will take no more than 15 minutes.
Nail Remover Artificial Solomeya
This tool will remove unnecessary coating on the nails very carefully. The drug is universal and also eliminates acrylic coatings and artificial nails. Suitable for quick removal of gel polish. The drug includes non-toxic solvents, vitamins, plant oils. The product has a pleasant smell and is very easy to use. To withstand the drug on the nail plates need 7-10 minutes, after which the coating is removed with a stick. The volume of the bottle - 150 ml. The tool provides excellent protection of the nail from damage during the removal procedure gel polish.
We also suggest that you watch a video review that will help you choose a gel polish remover: