Sculpting is a simple and very exciting hobby. It allows you to independently make a lot of different things - jewelry, toys, decorative crafts and sculptures of different shapes. Finished products are the best suited for unusual interior decoration and can be wonderful gifts for almost any holiday. Where to get the material for modeling, how to work with it correctly and what can be made of clay with your own hands?
Polymer clay for beginners
Polymer clay is a synthetic material, which in its properties is similar to clay, but it is able to harden. It is called differently - plastic, thermoplastics, thermoplastic, cernite. Novice masters need to know that polymer clay is of two main types - one freezes only when baking, and the other without roasting. Before choosing what can be made of clay, it is worth deciding what type of material will be used (commercial clay or mass for modeling your own cooking).
How to make polymer clay at home
Those who do not wish to bear the cost of purchasing the finished material for modeling, can prepare it yourself. Calling homemade clay polymer will be wrong, because it is made using very different components. However, the resulting material can be processed using standard techniques of working with polymer clay. To make it necessary:
- 1 cup white PVA glue,
- 1 cup cornstarch,
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice,
- 1 tablespoon of vaseline,
- 1 tablespoon of any low-fat cream,
- glass mixing bowl
- stirring spoon
- clay mixing board
- polyethylene film.
The given amount of ingredients is enough to make about 350 g of plastic mass for modeling. The technique of making clay is simple: with the help of a spoon, you need to thoroughly mix the glue of PVA, starch and petroleum jelly in a bowl. Then add lemon juice to the mixture and mix everything well again. Next, the bowl must be for 30 seconds to put in the microwave at maximum power.
The surface on which the clay will be kneaded should be smeared with hand cream. Baked in the microwave and once again mixed mixture should be laid out on this surface and knead vigorously for 5 minutes, as usual dough. As a result of all the work should be an elastic and plastic material. It needs to be rolled into a “sausage” shape and wrapped in a cloth to remove excess moisture. Clay will be ready for use immediately after cooling.
What you need for sculpting
In the process of modeling, any available tools that can facilitate the work with clay and help to give the material the desired shape are used. Beginners should not stock up on a lot of professional tools at once, as many may not be useful. The minimum set of devices and materials for working with polymer clay is represented by the following list:
- rigid work surface
- cutting tools - stationery knife, razor blade for small jobs,
- rolling pins for rolling different sizes - any convenient cylindrical shaped objects will do,
- toothpicks or needles - with their help they make holes, finely roll out small elements, fix parts,
- cutters - so called special molds for cutting figures, but for the first time instead of them any other devices will fit, for example, caps from bottles of different sizes,
- wet wipes and gloves.
Choosing what can be quickly made of clay, you need to explore a variety of modeling techniques that offer a novice master a lot of ideas for creativity. They are used both for the manufacture of clay products without roasting, and when working with baked clay. Depending on the planned shape, color and design elements, polymer clay crafts can be made using the following popular techniques:
- The technique of a cane - rolled pieces of clay in different combinations of colors are laid out in layers and rolled up in the form of rolls, on the cut of which original multi-colored patterns are obtained.
- Technique of smooth color transition - polymer clay is mixed in different proportions, achieving the effect of the transition of one color to another.
- Technique filigree - blank is covered with very small pieces of clay, forming a beautiful openwork pattern.
- Technique kaleidoscope - layers of material for sculpting different colors rolled into rolls, and then give them a variety of geometric shapes by pressing to a flat surface.
- "Salt" technique - beads or other elements are rolled in coarse salt, baked, and after cooling, the salt is washed out with water, achieving a relief texture on the surface of the products.
How to sculpt from polymer clay
Self-hardening clay after hardening to the touch becomes like wood or plaster, thanks to which the products can be processed with appropriate tools. Baked polymer material after exposure to heat is harder and resembles plastic. You need to buy such clay in the shops of art goods and handicraft goods.
The first products made of polymer clay should be performed in the form of elements that can be easily processed, using tools at hand and gradually mastering various simple modeling techniques. It is best to start work with flowers (roses or lilies), bouquets, jewelry. Choosing what to paint polymer clay, preference should be given to acrylic paints. If gouache is chosen for painting, a layer of waterproof lacquer is applied on top of it, and before painting with nitro enamel, it is recommended to prime the surface with epoxy glue.
To blind a rose, you first need to make a small ball and give it a drop-like shape - this will be the core of the flower. Then roll a few balls and flatten them with your fingers, turning them into thin petals. They should be wrapped one by one around the core, forming a bud. It is better to leave the first petals straight, and those that will be at the edges bend outwards.
To work on the production of hinged dolls need foil. With its help, blanks of parts are formed, on which a layer of polymer clay will be applied - the torso, head, legs and hands, as well as the hinges for the thighs, knees, forearms, elbows and hands. After drying, the parts are cut and the foil is removed. Then they are undermined, so that they better fit each other in size, glue in the places of cuts and connect with the help of elastic laces.
Ornaments of simple forms are something that can be easily made of clay, even if you do not have good modeling skills. Any novice master will be able to make a ring, earrings, bracelet or pendant using simple techniques. It is best to choose a light version of the product for the first job, for example, to make simple beads or earrings. For this, clay is rolled out and cut into it equal squares, which are rolled into balls - so each bead will have the same size. Then in the beads with a needle you need to make holes.
Master class of polymer clay crafts for children
Classes by modeling help a child to learn about the world and develop fine motor skills. The possibilities for creativity here are endless, but choosing that a child can be made of clay, it is better to start working with the things of the simplest forms that he can make on his own or with minimal help from an adult. For example, sculpt together with the baby food for dolls or teach him to sculpt various animals.
The easiest way for a child is to mold such food for dolls as vegetables and fruits. Show him how to make a “real” orange with a needle, beautifully decorate a piece of paper on an apple, draw streaks on it, or give the correct shape to a pear. It is necessary to gradually master different methods and techniques of modeling with a child, and it is also important to take into account that children always want to see the result of work faster. So that the kid has not lost interest in modeling, it is better for him to explain in advance that the products will not be ready immediately.
For sculpting animals, it is best to use simple pictures where the animals are shown schematically. Looking at them, it is easier to choose what to blind, and easier to figure out how to give the details the desired shape. For very small animals, it is allowed to use solid pieces of material, and larger figures are recommended to be made using the technique of hollow parts, using handy molds for modeling. For the design of the peephole and nozzles used beads.
Products from clay for a molding and roasting
How to prepare clay for sculpting? Immediately before starting work, you need to stretch it well with your hands - this way it becomes more plastic. When baking white or red clay is used, it is important to maintain the correct temperature when heating products. It should be in the range of 110-130 degrees, because at a higher temperature, the clay may lose its shape, darken or even catch fire.
Is it possible to make baked clay? Theoretically, this is possible, but, first, to create such a material you need to find high-quality natural clay, and secondly, it will be difficult to properly burn it at home without special equipment. Independently produce such a material for modeling can only be experienced by, that is, by trial and error.
For the manufacture of thin and tall figures and sculptures is recommended to use a frame. When creating a vase with such a frame, a plastic bottle of beautiful shape would be best. It should be cut into two parts, and then each pasted over with rolled sheets of self-hardening polymer clay. After solidification, both parts are carefully glued together and get ready vase.
When fashioning figures and sculptures can not do without the basis for modeling. For its creation can be used different materials at hand, for example, flexible wire. If the beginner master is interested in how to make a person from clay, then in this case it is better to resort to video lessons that show the process of performing such complex work in stages.
Video tutorials on modeling clay
In the video lessons on modeling, a lot of necessary information is presented for beginning masters: how to burn clay at home, how best to use these or other techniques. Master classes in video format help to better study the subtleties of working with polymer material and quickly master the independent production of elements of varying degrees of complexity.
On New Year's Day it is so nice to give homemade products to relatives and friends. Ideas for them are easy to find in video tutorials on the creation of Christmas souvenirs using available materials. With the help of a step-by-step master class, anyone will be able to make beautiful and original handicrafts - decorations for the Christmas tree, gift figurines or even New Year's masks that will surely delight loved ones and make the holiday better.
Where to find and how to choose clay for sculpting?
Clay can be bought in the store. This is perhaps the easiest option, since ordinary gray clay is sold in children's stores and it costs about 100 rubles. It is sold in small portions and is completely ready to work with it. Polymer clay is more suitable for those who have already tried working with ordinary gray clay.
Choosing material in the store, you should be careful, first of all: pay attention to the expiration date, the composition (in the composition should be only natural ingredients). Feel free to touch it should be soft and supple, because your child can not cope with hard, sometimes even soaking with water does not help.
Blue soluble clay is worth buying if you sculpt for the first time and often. Also sold in stores of three and ten kilograms.
But we must remember that it contains a large amount of impurities, such as small stones and sand, so it should be washed before work.
There is a cheaper and more fun way to get clay: you can dig it yourself at the cottage or on the river bank. It is usually under a layer of chernozem and is easy to recognize, it is a dark red color. In addition, you should know that natural clay, as well as blue clay, is full of impurities and should be sieved and washed.
Remember that products from unbaked clay are fragile and are afraid of water. But there is a way to harden it: You need to add one two teaspoons of PVA glue to one kilogram of well-softened mass and carefully knead.
What tools are needed for sculpting?
Be sure to need a very sharp knife, so that when cutting the image is not blurred. Suitable clerical. The main thing is not to use a kitchen knife to avoid injury. You also need a rolling pin or a metal tube. Use toothpicks, for drawing patterns, making holes. With time and with experience, you can purchase metal cutters and texture sheets made of rubber or silicone.
Everything can be useful in the work: sparkles, shadows, beads, decorative ornaments, acrylic paints (everything with which you can decorate fakes). To make jewelry, you will need accessories for jewelry: earrings for earrings, bases for rings, buckles, chains, various cords, etc.
What are the types of sculpting?
There is no need to immediately give the child a difficult task, such as a vase. After all, it will be much more interesting for him to make animals, fish, flowers with his own hands. To blind any animal, you can use a constructive way. First we fashion the body, and we attach the legs, feet, tail and head to it.
You can make a bird or fish using plastic technology. Just from the main piece pulled tail. You can also form a head by pulling. To make a flower from clay, separate petals should be formed, and then combined into a flower.
For the children will also be interesting relief method of modeling. When performing relief sculpting, various small details are attached - flowers or leaves. With the help of plaster molds you can make composites. To do this, pour a solution of clay and water into the molds and leave to freeze.
Spiral technique consists in preparing the harnesses and overlapping them. The bottom is cut from the reservoir. The diameter of the first harness should be larger than the base. Harness connections should not be on top of each other. So you can make vases, flower pots.
How to make a souvenir?
In order for you to succeed, remember a few simple rules:
1. The clay you sculpt with must be raw, so when you have finished your work, cover the remaining clay with a wet cloth.
2. If cracks appear on the fake, then you should definitely smooth them with water.
3. You need to start your product with larger parts, and finish with smaller ones.
How to handle a fake?
A fake must be dried - it will take about two days, otherwise it will crack. For better effect, the product should be put in a plastic bag. If you are not sure whether the product has dried or not, dry it in an oven or microwave oven at 300 degrees 20 minutes no more.
To make clay products beautiful they can be painted with acrylic paints or gouache. But before that, apply a thin layer of white enamel on the fake. After painting with paints, apply a thin layer of PVA glue to create a unique shine.
You can also please yourself and make, for example, a keychain made of clay with an image.
To create a keychain made of polymer clay you will need: white plastic, rolling pin, work surface, ant alcohol, stationery knife, an image necessarily printed from a laser printer, a cotton swab.
- Use a stationery knife to cut off a piece of polymer clay and carefully knead it.
- Roll out a pancake of the desired thickness.
- Carefully cut the printout (leaving a margin of one millimeter) and apply the image as an image to the plastic, carefully leveling it so that there is no air left.
- The picture is generously covered with ant alcohol, applied gently with a cotton swab. There should be a lot of alcohol, but make sure that the image does not move out of the mastic. After the alcohol dries, repeat this procedure three times.
- Then, carefully, roll your finger off the paper from the image, make sure that the paint does not roll along with the paper.
- Use a sharp knife to cut off the excess to the picture.
- Make a hole for the chain and set the product to bake along with the working surface.
- Then we cover our beauty with varnish; you can use the most common varnish for wood. After drying, insert the keychain. That's all, you can enjoy the result.
Sculpting clay is a beautiful view of the joint recreation of children and their parents. An opportunity to prove yourself, to reveal your talent. And most importantly, even if you didn’t get it all right away, don’t be upset, but try again, everything will work out, as they say, for newbies, everything comes out the first time.
How to choose clay
1. Purchased clay for modeling.
Beginners better buy clay in special art stores. She sold already prepared for work. Встречается в небольших упаковках до полукилограмма. А также в профессиональной расфасовке по 15-25 кг, что обойдется значительно дешевле.
2. Природная глина.
Глину можно взять и из естественной среды – накопать в огороде (если есть места неглубокого залегания), на обрывистом берегу реки. Но такая глина к работе еще не годится: в ней много грубых примесей, из-за которых, подсохнув, материал будет крошиться.
Чтобы очистить глину from them, it needs to be put into a bucket, pour it with warm water, mix well and leave overnight. In the morning all heavy things will settle on the bottom. Greasy top layer should be removed from the surface of the water, thoroughly drained, air dry to the desired consistency, periodically kneading, and put in storage until use.
- Clay should not lose moisture. To do this, it must be wrapped in a damp cloth and placed in a plastic bag.
- An ideal place for storage is a shelf of a refrigerator or (if there is a lot of clay) a cool dark basement.
- Periodically, the clay must be opened and aired so that it does not moldy.
Handy materials for modeling
- Metal string. It is great for separating parts of a large piece of clay that will be required for work. The string should be of medium thickness: thin, it is easy to injure your hands.
- Special knife for separating small pieces of material. It is best to take the blade from the old kitchen knife and in the area of the handle wrap it with insulating tape.
Do not take the blade from stationery knives (for paper cutting) or construction. Their blades will quickly rust when working with clay. In addition, they are too thin and therefore unnecessarily sharp - they are easy to cut.
Do not use plastic knives. Their blades do not make a sharp, even cut, but as if they push clay. The knife must be well honed.
- Wooden boards different sizes, which will have to roll pieces of clay.
- Wooden rolling pin for rolling.
- Coarse-textured fabrics, with embossed patterns that would be well printed on the clay when it is rolled out on such fabric.
- Can be purchased a set of stacks for modeling.
- All kinds of stationery trivia. Simply: rubbish, which we usually throw away, putting things in order in our desks: caps from felt-tip pens, used rods from ballpoint pens, lids from glue tubes and other trifles. The surface of some of these things, which are unnecessary at first glance, can leave very interesting imprints on clay when pressed. Even chopsticks from the popsicle and chupa chups will go into action!
- Economic spongewhich is usually used in the kitchen for washing dishes. To make it easier to work, the sponge should be cut into 4 pieces.
Smoothing irregularities with a damp sponge
Firing clay works
It is known that the finished work will need to burn. And clay comes to readiness at a roasting temperature of 850-900 degrees. It is in this temperature range that clay turns into ceramics.
From this it follows that neither the oven of household gas and electric stoves, nor microwave ovens for this purpose will not work.
But there is a way out, if you really want to engage in this kind of creativity. Fortunately, modern technology allows us to offer a variety of product options. In this case, you should simply buy in the store clay that does not require firing.
Milk (milk firing)
This technique was used by our ancestors. And by the way - only our ancestors! Nowhere on other continents, in other countries, the technique of threshing was not used.
Ceramics were processed in milk not only to make pots and bowls more attractive, but also for practical effect. The fact is that tiny voids remain in the baked clay, into which air and moisture then fall. They slowly destroy the product from the inside. Milk seals voids, covers the product with a thick film.
1. The product should be dipped in milk. It is better, of course, to use natural cow, but the store product will do as well. Important to remember:
- milk fat should be no more than 2.5%,
- Milk made from dry concentrate is not suitable for roasting.
2. In milk, the product should be kept from 2-3 minutes to 7-10, but not longer. The less you bathe, the thinner the protective film will be. But if you overexpose, when firing, the coating risks loosening from the clay.
3. Before burning, the work must be dried. Otherwise, the coating will crack and peel off.
4. Burn better in a muffle furnace at a temperature of 300-40 degrees. But, as a last resort, an ordinary oven in a gas or electric stove will suit at the highest possible temperature (as a rule, this is 260-280 degrees). When processing ceramics, it does not like sudden changes in temperature, therefore it is better to put the product in a cold oven. It is not necessary to open the oven (oven) wide open during firing for the same reason, just open it a little to be able to follow the process. The firing time is several hours, it all depends on the desired color of the clay surface. The longer you hold, the darker it will be: right down to rich chocolate.
It is also quite an ancient method of decorating clay products. After processing them, in addition to waterproofing, dishes receive another amazing property: it becomes a dark gray metallic color. At a time when metal plates, cups, and sets on the table were a sign of luxury and wealth, and not everyone could afford to buy one, black ceramics imitated it.
Professionals use a variety of blackening methods. They are quite complex, laborious, lacking experience and sufficient skills to repeat them is not easy.
For an experiment in artisanal conditions (just not in the apartment, it will smoke too much!) You can try smoking in pine or spruce sawdust.
The fired product must be removed with tongs from the furnace and lowered into a metal container with dry small sawdust of coniferous trees. Top more sawdust and tightly cover with a metal lid. Leave for a few hours.
Risky way: products often crack due to temperature changes.
Wiping technique (national economy version)
The burned clay product can be wiped with a soft sponge, which is abundantly moistened in brown gouache. In the corners, places of joints, in the folds the paint will “get stuck”, giving the work stylishness.
A similar effect can be achieved by dipping a clay figure into an aqueous solution of organic fertilizer - peat oxidate (the proportion for dilution in water is 1: 1).
It must be remembered that in two last ways in no case should not decorate clay products, which are then planned to use for food purposes (pour drinks into them, put food on them.)
After the above treatments, re-calcination is not required.
Recorded Lily Lee.
And in addition to the general rules for working with clay, Evgenia Afonasenko prepared for our readers 4 master classes on modeling interesting crafts.
In order not to forget the address of the page and share with your friends, add to your social network:
Selection of material and its preparation for work
Pottery is one of the oldest. Until now, archaeologists have found fragments of pottery, jewelry that belonged to people even during the birth of their civilization.
And now this material is one of the most accessible. It can be found on the banks of ponds, in pits or even at your summer cottage. It is enough to dig deeper, and the desired building material in your hands. In nature, there is reddish and blue clay. For crafts most often use the first. Her pieces are poured with water for 1–2 days, then stirred to form a mass of a uniform consistency.
In order to make figurines of clay, flowers, dishes, decorations, it should feel like soft clay. Therefore, pieces of clay for such creativity is mixed with a small amount of water. If you put a brick oven, or you want to coat the already-prepared, the solution should be more liquid - like thick sour cream.
If you do not know how to take the children to the summer cottage in the summer, give them softened clay, let them make animals, people, tea set for dolls blind from it. Then put these items in the sun, after complete drying, they are ready to play. But to give strength to pottery, there are certain methods that you will learn about soon. In the meantime, let us tell you that you can buy powdered clay, dilute according to the instructions with water and work with this mass.
DIY clay toys
If you want such a charming octopus to live in your home, take stock:
- a knife
- white gouache
Instructions for making:
- If you bought clay in powder, dilute it with water according to the instructions. Sold and weight for modeling in vacuum packaging. If you extracted the clay yourself, dig it out and cover it with water. When unnecessary impurities, plant roots, pebbles settle to the bottom, strain the solution through a colander or a sieve and leave the mass for a day in the sun to dry a little.
Add some water to the clay, knead the "dough", it should not stick to your hands.
Pour water into the bowl to moisten hands when working and close cracks that form.
Tear off a piece of clay, knead it in your hands, on a wetted work surface, roll it into a ball.
For such a toy of clay tentacles can be done in two ways. For the first, you need to roll 12–16 sausages, pointed at one end. The other side attach them to the body, using water. In the second method, you need to extend the lower part of the ball, cut it with a plastic knife on the tentacles, give them an oval shape.
Dampen a sponge in water, dampen the surface of a toy made of clay, smoothing out irregularities and cracks.
Let the workpiece dry for a day, then walk on the surface with fine emery paper.
Few people have a special kiln, so give the toy strength at home. Wrapped in a plastic bag with holes, put it on a hot battery.
Cover the toy with the first layer of white gouache, let it dry, apply a second. After it dries, cover with yellow or other paint.
- The facial features and other small details can be molded at the same time as you will make the toy itself or create them separately and attach it with ceramics glue at this final stage.
See how filimonovskie toys are made of clay.
Let the child roll the largest part, giving it the shape of a carrot, bend it like in the photo - at an angle of 90 °. The left, thin, we incline a part is a preparation of a head.
If cracks are formed, you need to smooth them with wet fingers. Squeeze the opposite edge of the workpiece several times to give it a disk shape - this is the tail. And for the scallop let the child roll the ball, flatten it a little, cut off half and attach toys made of clay to the head.
To quickly prepare such a "glue", make a bowl of clay, pour water into it. A brush you will combine these 2 substances, and you get a slip for sticking parts.
Next, for the clay figurine you need to make a beard. To do this, roll a small ball in the form of a droplet, which you need to slightly flatten with your fingers, then stick it under the beak on the slip.
To make a stand for a rooster, from a piece of clay, roll a cone, then insert a wooden stick inside (you can use a brush from the brush), and roll it over the working surface. It should be a cone-shaped billet, hollow inside, with walls of the same thickness.
Take this method into service, it will help to blind long skirts for dolls, bells. Put this cone on the board, just put it on top, with a slip, attach a clay toy to it.
Remove it to dry for 4–5 days. After that, it would be good to burn the toy in the oven at maximum temperature. You can do it in the country furnace.
When the billet cools down, paint it with the composition prepared by mixing gouache with PVA. Acrylic paints can also be used.
A detailed master class with photos will simplify the process of modeling.
- Take a piece of clay, roll a ball out of it. Put your thumb inward, flatten the workpiece to get a plate with wide edges.
Without removing it from your finger, wrap it around it. Then remove from it and connect the edges so that the inner hole remains.
Dampen fingers in water, smooth out the outer surface of the toy with them.
Cut a hole in the tail. Insert a wand into it, overlay it with a patch of clay.
At this stage, you need to check the toy, whistling through the hole. The height of the notes can be adjusted, making it larger or smaller. To be able to blow different notes, extracting music, make a small through hole from the sides.
Go to the smaller details. Sculpt eyes, beak, comb, legs. Apply a stack on the wings.
Dampen a sponge in water, squeeze, walk it on the surface of the toy to smooth out roughness and unevenness.
For the famous Dymkovo clay toy traditionally used bright colors, which were applied on a white background. They were made on eggs and milk. Now masters replace such "home" paint with acrylic.
But Kostroma cockerels decorated with icing. First, the clay figurine is fired for the first time at 200 ° for an hour. After that put glaze and again send to the furnace, but already for several hours.
Crafts with their own hands. Ornament in sea style.
The idea of a wedding on the beach sounds very romantic, and the cake, decorated on the sea theme, will fit like never before.
For this decoration you will need:
- 5 shells (preferably those that can be easily tied to a thread), in this example, a flat shield-like hedgehog was used, which was bought in a craft shop.
* It is worth noting that you can use various shells, corals and other items on the marine theme, which can be found in specialized stores or brought from the sea.
- suitable rope (thread)
- wooden stick (skewer)
- thick PVA glue
1. Cook wooden sticks. If necessary, process them with a nail file or emery.
2. Prepare several plastic tubes and cut them into several segments. They will serve as spaces between the shells hanging on the rope.
3. Prepare the rope. It is better to cut a piece with a margin.
Begin to thread the rope into the first shell, then tie a simple knot.
Add the cut piece of straw. These segments can be added where you want to make a space. Choose the length yourself.
* You can add one more additional item, if any. This example adds coral.
* Repeat the same pattern several times until you fill the rope.
4. At the ends, knots should be tied so that the decoration elements do not fall off.
5. Now you need to remove the tubes, which you designated the distance between the decoration elements. Just gently thread the scissors into tubes and cut them.
6. Begin to tie the ends of the rope to the sticks (skewers) - first wrap a little and then tie a simple knot. Cut the extra pieces of rope.
* You can strengthen the knot by adding a little glue.
7. Insert the chopsticks into the cake at a slight angle (see picture) and you're done! Very simple and beautiful.
Do-it-yourself (photo). We print using leaves.
You can leave leaf prints on paper or clothes (if you use a special fabric dye) and create beautiful, bright and original drawings.
You may have to practice a little, as there are several paint application techniques, and the result depends on the type and quality of the ink and paper you are using.
You can also attract children.
- fresh leaves - collect them with the children as part of the craft making process
- brush, sponge or roller
- paint or ink - it is best to apply them with a roller
* Try first to experiment on paper, before you decide to put pictures on the fabric.
Using a brush, sponge or roller, apply paint to the leaf. You can put a sheet of paper on top or vice versa, turn the leaf and attach it to the paper. The main thing is to find the right amount of paint.
Put some ink on a piece of paper and gently place it on paper. Cover the sheet with paper and press gently to transfer ink to the bottom paper.
* You can put a towel under the paper, which will translate more details.
Handicrafts for the garden do it yourself. Multicolored stones.
If you planted tomatoes, cucumbers, greens, etc. in your garden, then for convenience you can make such beautiful stones on which you can write the name of the plant and leave the stone where this plant is located.
Use ordinary non-toxic acrylic paints. You can color every stone in the colors of the plant.
For example, if you planted tomatoes, then color the stone pointer in red, add a little green to mark the tail and make the stone look like a tomato. In this case, the inscription can not do.
As always, everything is quite simple and beautiful!
How to make flowers from clay?
Sculpting helps to develop not only healthy children, but also having health problems. The master class presented below contributes to the rehabilitation of children with diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
To make a flower of clay, we first make a few petals for it. Пусть ребенок скатает из этого природного материала колбаску, нарежет ее пластмассовым ножом на равные куски. После чего их нужно скатать в шарик и расплющить пальцами.
Чтобы ребенку было проще, сначала изобразите цветок на листе бумаги, пусть он выкладывает лепестки на рисунок. Сердцевина цветка тоже делается из «лепешки», ее нужно смазать шликером (жидкой глиной) и прилепить в центр цветка. It can be decorated, causing the mesh points.
Next, you need to blind petals, then dry and paint the workpiece. It remains to arrange them on the panel and attach. To do this, let the kids paste over a piece of cardboard with a cloth. They or adults will make 2 cuts in the upper part of the panel, let thin satin linen pass through them, tie up its ends, and then hang the picture.
In the meantime, lay out its elements, let the adults attach them with a glue gun. Children will collect the picture with the glue of PVA.
After studying this simple technique, you will show the children how to make flowers from clay, various figurines. You can make more complex samples yourself and get pleasure from creativity.
We offer to get acquainted with the following videos to expand your knowledge in this area.
What can be made of polymer clay
So, Polymer clay, which is easy to use, is actively used by masters of decorative and applied arts today. From it you can make souvenirs, and jewelry, and various costume jewelry, and interior items, and Christmas tree toys, and even designer dolls.
It is plastic, like plasticine, which allows you to create subtle sculptural details, and also very effectively imitate a wide variety of materials and textures. However, unlike plasticine, polymer clay allows you to permanently save the finished product.
And most importantly, polymer clay is easy to process and is a very convenient material for work.
See for yourself. Thanks to our advice, you can independently make designer jewelry and jewelry from polymer clay.
Polymer clay necklace
But start with something simple, like a necklace made of round beads. As you understand, you will make these beads of clay. You can choose any color of your future jewelry, or even mix several colors of polymer clay, and then you will get original beads with a watercolor effect. It all depends on your imagination and the color scheme of your wardrobe.
In addition to the piece of clay of your chosen color, for work you will also need:
- a sharp knife, which you will cut off the pieces of clay,
- toothpick, which you will pierce the beads,
- waxed cord, which you will string your necklace,
- magnetic lock for beads,
- gloves in which you will work.
You need gloves not only to keep your hands clean when working with clay, but also to avoid fingerprints on the beads.
So, let's begin. To start, warm and soften the clay in your hands - just as you usually soften the clay. When the clay becomes sufficiently plastic - cut small pieces from a large piece and roll small balls from them into your palms.
The sizes of these balls depend on how large you want to make your necklace. By the way, you can alternate large and small beads - it will turn out rather original, especially on a long decoration.
Now that your beads are ready, pierce them with a toothpick and make a hole in the center for stringing. The next step is to bake the beads in the oven. Usually, in order to make polymer clay beads strong enough, 25 minutes is enough. The temperature of the oven should be 130 degrees Celsius.
Ready beads are strung on a cotton cord - and now your wonderful necklace is ready! It remains to attach a magnetic clasp to it and try it on to your outfit.
By the way, in such a simple way you can make bracelets and beaded earrings from polymer clay. So you get a whole set of designer jewelry. It is enough to acquire the necessary accessories - and you can give free rein to creativity and fantasy!
Polymer Clay Lace Buttons
Over time, you can make more exquisite jewelry from polymer clay - for example, with imitation of lace texture.
Buttons made in this way look very original. To create such beautiful lace buttons that will decorate your outfit or interior items, you will need:
- polymer clay (in this case - sheet),
- water in a spray bottle,
- acrylic paint
- piece of polyethylene,
- metal mold for cookies.
To begin with, lay a sheet of polymer clay on the table and sprinkle it with water. You also need to lightly wet the lace or any other textured material that you will use to print on clay. Now press the lace against the sheet of clay and fix it.
Carefully remove the lace - a clear textured impression of the material should remain on the clay. The next step is to shape your future product. We propose to use for this purpose a metal cookie cutter. Choose its shape and size according to the button you want to make.
To ensure that the edges are trimmed smoothly, cover the clay with a piece of polyethylene and firmly press your metallic form to the sheet.
That's all. The basis of your future product is ready.
Carefully clean the mold, remove the polyethylene and remove excess clay. You see, what a beautiful textured foundation turned out.
You can make an original button from it by making neat holes with a toothpick and a regular button, or you can attach a magnet to the back wall and thus make an unusual magnet. Another idea is to make a hole for the lace and create a great pendant. So you can beat your textured foundation on your own!
Now that you have decided on its purpose - it's time to send the product to the oven. The temperature and time regime for baking a clay product is indicated on the product label, so carefully read the instructions for manufacturing - it differs from different manufacturers. After your wonderful buttons are ready - leave them to cool in the oven. So they will be stronger.
After the product has cooled down - proceed to painting it. To highlight the pattern and emphasize the texture of the product we advise you to use contrasting colors. In our case, it is a rich brown and light bronze paint. This combination of colors will create an imitation of a beautiful bronze button. It is very important that the paint gets into all the bends and slits of the product - then the drawing of the product will be clear and beautiful.
Now that the product is ready - leave it at least one and a half to two hours for complete drying.
Your designer lace button is ready! With it, you can decorate your outfit or any decor item, and it will be just unique.
In the future, you can experiment with fabrics and materials of various textures, with which you can create various textured drawings on clay. And with the help of multi-colored paints - unique drawings on your clay products.
We hope you enjoyed working with polymer clay and the possibility of realizing your creative ideas!
Crafts for the garden and the garden with their own hands. Wooden vase.
This craft is very easy to make; you can safely attract children who will happily take part in the project.
- sticks and twigs
- empty coffee can
- saw or knife (to gently cut sticks)
1. To get started, collect a few sticks on the street.
2. Prepare a coffee can or cocoa can (you can use another container)
3. Trim all your wands so that they are about the same size. They should also be a couple of centimeters higher than the coffee can.
* Some sticks can just be gently broken, without using sharp objects.
4. Wrap the can in dark paper and secure it with glue. This is done so that no unnecessary drawings on the container are visible.
5. Start sticking sticks to the paper that wraps the jar. It will be easier if the sticks are more or less even. You can also simplify your task by using thin rods in places with large openings.
* make sure that the bottom of the wand is on a par with your vase to stand firmly and not loose.
6. It remains to add decorative or real long branches and artificial flowers and the composition is ready. You can decorate the crafts garden or house.
Crafts for giving their own hands. Decoration for the table.
Another beautiful and simple hack to give.
Tighten the rope over the table and tie tapes of different lengths to it (different colors are possible).
Attach a paper clip to the end of each ribbon and attach a flower to each.
Flowers will not last long in fresh condition, but if you attach small pieces of wet cotton to them, they will be able to decorate your table outdoors for several hours.
Crafts made of wood with their own hands. Markers for plants.
Cute and simple markers for plants!
1. Cut the twigs of the desired length.
2. On the side of the branch, make a flat surface with a knife.
3. Write the name of the plant with a pen or felt-tip pen.
4. Insert ready-made markers for plants in a suitable place.
Garden crafts with their own hands
1. Prepare bunches of long needles from spruce and, using clay and toothpicks, attach them under the scales of the cone.
* If desired, you can trim the needles a little.
2. From plasticine you can make a muzzle of a hedgehog.
3. Using the black pepper dots, make a spout.
With an awl or nail, make holes in the acorn and insert matches, toothpicks or sticks into it.
All pre-cooked parts simply glue together with thick glue (it is better to use a glue gun).
You can flip the shells to put something in them.
Look closely, in the place where the bump is attached to the spruce, there is a small tail. It can be used as a beak.
The owl's eyes can be made out of hats acorns, and its wings from maple noses.
The most important thing is to find a sprig that has a small branching, and when cut, you get dragonfly eyes.
Do-it-yourself (scheme). A garland of golden cones.
Beautiful garland of golden cones. It can be hung at home, decorating the interior, and not necessarily on a holiday.
- spray paint of gold color
1. First you need to apply PVA glue on the cones - use a sponge for this.
* It is advisable to clean all the bumps from dust and dirt before applying glue.
2. Let the glue dry a little, but don't wait too long.
3. While the glue dries, prepare the screws with hooks.
* If you wish, you can tint the screw with a golden spray paint.
4. Take gold foil and crush it, then sprinkle small pieces of foil on the cones. They will stick in the place where you applied the glue.
5. Prepare the tongs and start screwing the screws into the bumps so that you can hang them on the rope and create a garland.
* You can, of course, just twist the screws with your hands, but it will be easier with forceps if you have them. It is not necessary to try to screw the screw straight into the center of the bump.
6. When you have prepared all your bumps, cut the piece of rope you need and start putting bumps on it. It is advisable to start with the central bump - just hang it on the rope and mark the center. Next, tie a knot to hold the bump.
After that, move from the center to the edges of the rope, gradually adding 1 lump each and fixing it with a knot.
* It is advisable to measure in advance the distance between the cones, based on their number and thread length.
Beautiful crafts with their own hands. Garlands.
Some more examples of beautiful and very simple garlands.
1. Tied ribbons.
Just cut a few ribbons and tie them to a rope or a branch. You can use different colors and textures.
* In the same style, bows can be tied to a rope.
2. Paper flags.
Prepare several sheets of thick colored paper or cardboard. Cut a flag shape out of them, make a hole punch hole and put them on the rope.
* In the same style, you can put paper hearts or any other shape on the rope.
Interesting crafts with their own hands. Airplanes.
This original craft can be hung in the room, for example, in the nursery, where children can play and watch the flying airplanes made with their own hands.
1. From plain, colored paper or pages from magazines, comics, etc. make airplanes. You can also use scrap paper, which you can find in office supply stores.
2. To make the airplanes flying, you can use fishing line or white durable thread. Thread a small plane (preferably through the middle) with a needle with a fishing line so that the plane will hold well.
3. Now you need to pick up something on which the aircraft will be suspended. In this example, a bicycle wheel was used. Distribute the airplanes evenly.
4. Prepare another line and tie it to the wheel as shown in the picture. After that, bundle all the ends of the fishing line, tie them up and hang them on a hook in the ceiling. In this example, the author made a hole in the ceiling with a drill and inserted a craft hook into it.
The best crafts from cardboard
You can also do cardboard crafts do it yourself with instructions and diagrams for all family members. This is an exciting and interesting process, and will not leave anyone idle.
Video: master class on making caterpillars from egg cells
Unusual crafts from napkins
You can diversify your leisure time with children at home by doing crafts from napkins with photo and video instruction. Children love to make their own hands from various improvised means, besides this occupation is very developing. You will find more information by clicking on the link. Be sure to review our next photo ideas.
Video: master class on making flowers from paper napkins
From salt dough
Such good kids salt dough crafts do it yourself, with step-by-step video instructions for children and moms, will bring a lot of emotions and great mood. They are suitable for home, school, kindergarten. Become an excellent collection of your child and his friends. Find more ideas by clicking on the link.
Video: master class on making crafts from salt dough
Everybody has socks at home, so we wanted to propose the idea of crafts from ordinary socks, or rather, a toy. There are many options for various products from socks, such as Snowman, owl, cat, bear, bunny, etc. It is possible to fill such toys with cotton wool, padding polyester or grits. Toys with cereals will be especially good for small children to develop motor skills. Making such crafts with your own hands from improvised at home is interesting both with children and independently. For example, using a sock with fingers, you can create a bright striped caterpillar and give it to your child for the New Year 2018.
For this you need:
- cotton wool or synthetic winterizer
- marker for faces,
- Ribbon for decoration.
- We fill the product tightly with the filler you have chosen, tie the end with a string or you can sew it.
- Visually divide the sock into 5 sections and tie a thread between each division to create small rollers.
- The part where the head will be located is also tied with a thread, and then you can tie a ribbon by making a bow.
- We mark the muzzle with a marker, and on top of the pattern you can already embroider with threads to make the caterpillar more voluminous. So you will have an odd job made with your own hands in the form of a cheerful and bright caterpillar with a "tuft" of the usual available improvised means that will not leave anyone indifferent. At home, this soft charm is easy and quite simple, and most importantly, free.
You can also do crafts from disks Grandma and Mom for a birthday with their own hands. For this you need a little time. Your loved ones will be delighted with such a wonderful gift. To expand and enrich your imagination, view our photo ideas.
Video: do-it-yourself handicraft workshop
From plastic bags
Such wonderful surprises from the available means available to mom or dad from children will be suitable for Birthday, New Year, Mother's Day, February 23, March 8 and any other holiday. Unusual and exclusive crafts from plastic bags With a step-by-step video instruction, you can view it by clicking on the link and choose for yourself something original. And now another selection of our photo ideas.
Video: master class on making handicrafts at home using knitting technique
From plastic bottles
Such surprises are suitable for older children, as this is a troublesome task, but worth it. More cool and original ideas about plastic handicraftsbottles with your own hands You can see by clicking on the link. Create at home real fun, using all sorts of improvised means of the proposed order. Bright photo ideas for your consideration.
Video: master class on the creation of crafts from plastic bottles
Original crafts from fruits and vegetables
Here are the best ideas. handicrafts from vegetables and fruit crafts, and everyone can make such a masterpiece with their own hands at home or at a lesson in school, as well as in kindergarten. Moreover, it will be a great leisure not only for children, but also for adults. So choose your favorite tool and enjoy the wonderful pastime. Do not forget about our beautiful photo ideas.
Video №1: master class on creating a mouse from lemon
Video number 2: the ideas of crafts from vegetables
If you decide to do it yourself at home beautiful paper crafts, то мы предлагаем Вам несколько простых и оригинальных вариантов. Также, можете создать что — либо необычное, используя предложенное нами подручное средство в технике origami. Просмотрите множество различных фото идей, которые не оставят Вас равнодушными.
Video №1: a master class on making handicrafts from paper with your own hands
Video №2: a master class on making roses from paper with your own hands
Video №3: a phased master class on creating an angel from paper with your own hands
Video №4: master class on making lips from paper using origami technique
Video №5: DIY craftsmanship workshop on the New Year 2018
Video №6: master class on making a little angel out of paper without glue with your own hands
From a simple half-liter can and autumn leaves you can create with your own hands a very unusual and at the same time beautiful lamp like in the photo. To do this, it is enough to select the leaves of golden color and glue them to the outside of the can so that there is no empty educational space left. The top of the can can be tied with a piece of twine. Put a round candle in the jar. If you need to burn it, the bank will give a slightly golden twilight, which will create an atmosphere of comfort and intimacy in the room. A good hack, made independently of the funds at home for children.
You can turn an ordinary white cup into an object of art with the help of cardboard and a marker. To do this, it is necessary to cut out the desired image from cardboard and attach it to the cup. Mark with a marker around the stencil, then remove it. Beautiful handicraft favorite for March 8 or Birthday with your own hands.
Crafts can also create their own hands and wine corks. With their help, you can make the heart, as in the photo, which will serve as a decorative object in the room. To make it, you need to draw a heart on a piece of paper and lay out corks standing, gluing each one with glue. Here from such an available improvised means at home you get a pretty beautiful thing, and it is completely free.
What kind of people we have are resourceful, pasta crafts, it is necessary such! Decided to do something unusual, then this is for sure it. It is possible to attract children of any age to such originality with your own hands, an excellent leisure.
Video №1: master class on creating Christmas macaroni crafts
Video №2: master class on making balls of thread and glue with your own hands
Video №3: master class on making a snowman at home
Another best idea handicrafts from tubules with instructions. Such small surprises will be very nice to receive as a gift to your mother, grandmother or sister. Browse our photo ideas to expand your imagination.
Video: master class on making crafts from cocktail tubes
You can decorate the room with the help of a candlestick made by hand, as in the photo. To create it yourself you need two transparent glasses of different diameter, but of the same height. Insert a smaller glass into a larger glass and secure with glue. Fill the space between them with water with any color of food coloring. Insert the socket candle into the middle of the candlestick. This is the original piece we got from a simple improvised means. Believe me, at home it is very easy and quick.
The usual old computer keyboard will help to congratulate you on the holiday. Letters from it must be removed and glued to dostochka any color. This tablet is inserted into a wooden frame and an original hand-made article with instructions for your beloved on March 8 or your birthday is ready.
From such an improvised means, like an ordinary tennis ball, you can create with your own hands a very funny and funny hack that will serve as a key holder. To do this, it is necessary to draw eyes on the ball with a marker and with a knife to pierce it, depicting the mouth. Insert a metal bolt into the cut hole. Glue the ball at home in the desired location.
Funny crafts from cones
If you have decided to do crafts from cones, follow the link, because there you will find many cool and original ideas from this improvised means with your own hands.
Video: master class on making a tree of cones
From scrap materials you can even create your own child developing puzzle. To do this, at home, you should take the same size sticks of ice cream and fold them exactly along. Apply glue to any paper image of a similar size and attach it to the chopsticks. When the glue is dry, cut with a stationery knife on puzzles. Simple material in creative work, and the little thing comes out really cool and useful.
The usual wooden frame can be turned into a piece of decor with the help of seashells, as in the photo. They need to paste it with their own hands around the perimeter. You can also cover some of the shells with clear varnish with various glitter for a more attractive appearance. If you want to see more handicrafts made of shells, then follow the link.
Good ones wood crafts for young men, since it will be difficult for children to do something with their own hands from this improvised means. Excellent leisure at home, not only for teenagers, but also for dads. If you want more ideas, follow the link. Our photos will be useful for you.
Video: school master class in the creation of wooden crafts
From white decorative stones of small size you can make a very original cup stand with your own hands, as in the photo. To do this, you need to glue the stones together. This is a very painstaking and long work, but the result will surpass all expectations. This stand, made from affordable tools at hand, can be used even for hot dishes at home.
Metal tin jewelry box
We have provided you with a lot of interesting photo ideas for creating handicrafts from various improvised means. They are all equally beautiful and original. However, I would also like to offer you at least one cool idea, which is carried out at home from a simple tin can and colorful fabric. If you are interested in our offer, then let's start our step-by-step master class with a description of all the actions.
For work it is necessary:
- metal can,
- the cloth,
- hot glue,
- pencil or compass.
- We take an empty metal can and fabric. We need to issue a festive capacity. To do this, take measurements from the side of the can and transfer them to the material. Then cut the desired size decor and glue it to the side surface of the container with hot glue.
- The protruding part of the fabric on the top of the jar should also be bent inwards and sealed. It turned out something like neat bumpers.
- From cardboard, measuring the diameter of the metal container, cut out the corresponding size circles in the amount of two pieces and an additional third slightly smaller size.
- Our cardboard blanks should also be made on both sides with a cloth, using hot glue to secure.
- One round detail will be the bottom of our decorated box, where we insert it, and the second two - a lid consisting of two circles, varying in size (large - top of the cover, and small - bottom).
- Upon completion of the creative work, you can transform the box with satin bows, rhinestones, beads, or something else that is not less bright. It is not a sin to give such an article to your mother, sister, friend or your young girlfriend. So at home, with your own hands, you can create a lot of original things from empty jars of cream, hair balms, tea and so on. All of these tools are fairly accessible and diverse.
Video: master class on making boxes of matchboxes
So our article has come to its end, which told you about how you can make a variety of crafts with your own hands from improvised at home quickly, efficiently and creatively. Even the most seemingly overlooked objects of your everyday life can be turned, through our photo ideas and videos with step-by-step master classes, into real masterpieces of art. They will not only bring you a lot of positive emotions, will become an unusual decoration of your indoor interior, but also a beautiful souvenir for relatives and friends. Do more, open up, not be shy of your desires, give everyone smiles and kindness. Happy holiday, dear friends! All the best to you!