We all know that vitamins play an important role in the human body, and their constant shortage causes rapid fatigue, weakened immunity and exacerbation of chronic diseases. A person whose diet is not “staffed” with these special ingredients can be recognized by pale, prone to dryness, skin, dull hair and cracks in the corners of the lips.
However, a huge number of multi-colored pills taken indiscriminately probably will not change the picture, because for a positive effect it is important to combine vitamins with each other. What combination of vitamins will be the right one?
What is the compatibility of vitamins, or why the "red" are not friends with the "white"
The term "compatibility of vitamins" refers to the positive interaction of different groups of substances by enhancing the actions of each other. Consequently, according to the logic of things, when taking vitamins that are not compatible, there will be no positive effect on the body.
In the gastrointestinal tract, representatives of different sides of the barricades, i.e. antagonists, or become completely useless, or one destroys the action of the other, and this can in no way be affected by the protective capsule.
The same applies to trace elements. For example, vitamin B6 can be a catalyst for the absorption of magnesium, and D - to improve the calcium-phosphorus metabolism. Also, ascorbic acid is necessary for the successful absorption of iron. It happens and vice versa: taking vitamin C adversely affects the absorption of vitamin B12. In addition, everyone knows that vitamin A is successfully digested only with the assistance of fats.
Due to the fact that the history of vitamins has more than one year (they were first discovered by the famous biologist Nikolai Lunin at the end of the century before last), and science does not stand still, creating the newest vitamin complexes, the controversy on the theme of the “incompatible” does not subside. According to experts, ideally, you can take 10 vitamins and 13 minerals.
How to combine: find the optimal balance
Compatible vitamins are:
- ascorbic acid, vitamins A and E.
- K and B vitamins - 2, 6, 9,
- B3 and iron,
- Calcium, B6, B12, vitamins D and K,
- vitamin E and selenium, sulfur,
- manganese and zinc.
If we talk about vitamins of group B, then the B-1, 6, 9, 12 and PP are the ideal variants.
They do not combine with each other, therefore between reception it is necessary to pass from 4-6 hours:
- A, K, B12.
- beta carotene and B2,
- trace elements: iron, manganese, zinc, magnesium,
- zinc and copper, copper and manganese,
- B5 and copper, copper and vitamin C,
- iron and vitamin E,
- B9 and zinc,
- B12 and C, E, B1, B3, copper, iron, manganese.
The optimal combination of vitamins can be determined by resorting to the help of special tables or online generators, which clearly demonstrate the principles of compatibility of a particular supplement. The conventions are intuitively clear: “H” does not interact and, therefore, does not influence each other, “+” reinforces mutual action, “-” is not recommended to be taken together.
And one more very convenient table of compatibility of vitamins and microelements.
According to experts, it is advisable to divide the daily dose of vitamins and minerals into 3 conditional parts with compatible substances. Such a measure will minimize the risk of allergic reactions and the release of the vitamin without health benefits.
style = "display: block, text-align: center,"
data-ad-layout = "in-article"
data-ad-format = "fluid"
data-ad-client = "ca-pub-4595965450241674"
data-ad-slot = "1890764749">
Recommendations for use: effect with a plus sign
In order to maximize the positive effect on the human body, it is necessary to adhere to the following basic principles:
- take multivitamin complexes of synthetic origin after the main meal. This will reduce the risk of gastrointestinal side effects,
- when injecting do not mix vitamins, even if they are compatible. It is necessary to inject each vitamin in a separate syringe,
- it is necessary to take certain elements only in case of their real shortage, because in case of sufficient saturation with real vitamins, the benefits of synthetic will be completely invisible or excessive, which may not be good for the body, but, on the contrary, harm it,
- in the case of the start of receiving special complexes, the course should not be interrupted and be from one to two months - in most cases, the result is visible only a month after the end of the reception,
- ideally, taking vitamins is necessary on the basis of a medical recommendation, because only a specialist, taking into account various nuances - from diet to lifestyle - can choose the ideal treatment regimen.
Thus, in order to always maintain vitality and good spirits, everything, including the intake of bio-additives to the basic nutrition, must be approached with the mind. Understanding the nuances is not difficult, especially if the key goal is your own health.
How vitamins are combined
Awareness of the interaction of nutrients will help you when buying ready-made multivitamin complexes. For example: in order to improve your vision, you are advised to take vitamin A. But this element is completely absorbed only in conjunction with vitamin E. Knowing this, you will take a closer look at drugs where this combination of vitamins is provided for - Aevit or A + E-Health. Consider this topic in detail.
We found that nutrients benefit under certain conditions. The data in the tables will help you understand how to properly use organic matter, and which compounds should be avoided.
Table: Positive combination of vitamins
Table: What vitamins can not be taken at the same time
Vitamins of group B
Pay attention to the compatibility of vitamins of group B. Many people think that if they are in the same category, it means they are combined with each other. This is not true: B vitamins can both strengthen and neutralize the action of each other. What do you need to know?
- B1 increases the activity of B5, which is involved in metabolic processes,
- B2 enhances the effect of B5, B6, B9,
- B6 interacts with B2 and B3,
- B5 increases the activity of B7 and B12,
- B7 is compatible with B3, B5, B9, B12.
- B1 is destroyed by the action of vitamins B2 and B3, can cause an allergic reaction, which is enhanced by the influence of vitamin B12,
- B2 and B12 interfere with each other,
- B6 and B12 are destroyed when used simultaneously.
Nutrient compatibility depends on many details. For example, in a small amount of vitamin E helps to absorb vitamin A, and its excess slows down the process. Pharmacists are aware of this and, based on the results of biological research, calculate the dosage of each component. Buying pharmacy certified products, you can be sure of its quality. You also need to be examined to find out which elements the body lacks and which are in abundance. This will allow the correct choice of the vitamin complex.
Combination of minerals
The healthy functioning of the body depends not only on vitamins, minerals play an equally important role. The composition of many vitamin preparations include such components as: iron, copper, potassium, calcium and other elements. Compatibility of minerals should also be verified, if not properly developed, nutrients become antagonists.
Table: The interaction of minerals with each other
Notice again: in small quantities, some elements cooperate with each other, while they begin to clash with excess. This factor must be taken into account, providing the supply of minerals with the help of pharmaceutical preparations or food.
An interesting fact: a cup of coffee washes calcium, reducing its content by 2-3 milligrams. Consider if you drink coffee often and a lot.
Nutrition must be balanced with the needs of the body in macro - and micronutrients.
Vitamins and minerals - together and apart
Organic and inorganic substances can be both an aid and an enemy side for each other. What is known about the compatibility of vitamins and minerals among themselves?
- zinc improves the absorption of vitamin A,
- Vitamin A promotes iron absorption
- B2 increases zinc bioavailability,
- copper and vitamin B6 improve the absorption of vitamin B3,
- magnesium supports the ability of vitamin B6 to enter cells
- B6 prevents zinc leaching,
- calcium helps to absorb vitamin B12,
- vitamin C improves absorption of calcium and chromium,
- selenium enhances the antioxidant effect of vitamin E,
- vitamin D activates the exchange of phosphorus and calcium,
- Vitamins A and C accelerate iron absorption.
- magnesium and calcium block the absorption of vitamin B1,
- iron and copper slow down the absorption of vitamin B2,
- copper significantly reduces the activity of vitamin B5,
- Together with B9, zinc forms an insoluble complex, preventing each other from assimilating,
- iron, manganese and copper block the work of vitamin B12,
- an overdose of ascorbic acid leads to the leaching of copper,
- Vitamin E is poorly combined with magnesium, zinc and copper, and also loses activity with an excess of iron.
How to take incompatible vitamins and minerals? The answer is simple: antagonists must be in different pills and used at different times. The interval between taking the medication should be 4-6 hours. What needs to be considered yet?
Often taking multivitamins coincides with the treatment of any disease. You should be aware that some nutrients and drugs when used together may be harmful.
For example, vitamin D is not recommended to combine with tetracycline and hydrocortisone. Older people as well as pregnant women over 35 years old should be wary of taking this nutrient.
Vitamin PP should not be taken with hydrocortisone, tetracycline and euphyllin. This element should be abandoned for people with diabetes. With prolonged use, vitamin PP can lead to fatty degeneration of the liver.
Ascorbic acid is not drunk during treatment with penicillin, dimedrol, aminophylline and tetracycline. It is forbidden to inject vitamin C at the same time as analgin. If you have been taking this nutrient for a long time, monitor your blood pressure and kidney function.
Reception of vitamin B6 can cause an exacerbation of gastric and duodenal ulcers. Do not combine it with euphyllin and caffeine.
Vitamin B12 is not used with gentamicin, aminazine, hydrochloric acid. It is not recommended for people with benign and malignant tumors, as well as patients with angina.
Consider that an excess of vitamins is excreted in the urine, whereas macro- and microelements accumulate in the body. Their excess can cause serious illness. Before taking the drugs, it is advisable to be examined to find out the initial content of minerals in the body. Then you can determine exactly which complex is suitable for your health.
Why you need to know the compatibility of vitamins and minerals
Vitamins b, с, а, е - participate practically in all internal reactions of an organism, support normal functioning of systems. Therefore, constant replenishment of cells with useful substances is necessary.
Thoughtless consumption of synthetic drugs leads to a violation of the digestibility of microelements. It provokes the lack of any compound due to incompatibility. Upset the complex system of the body. The immunity is broken, the condition of a blood worsens.
How to combine vitamins
Eating a large number of natural sources of compounds, taking medicinal complexes, injecting ampoules intramuscularly - it is worth knowing how the combination of useful substances will allow the microelements to be absorbed.
Some elements of group B are opposed; others, on the contrary, improve properties. The table shows which vitamins are best to drink together, and which are not:
compatibility of vitamins of group b:
Before you drink the vitamins in the group together it is worth considering the characteristics of each component. Method of application: prick injections, pricks, tablets syrups. Complexes (aevit)
Fat soluble vitamins
A group of substances is an active participant in metabolic processes. Able to accumulate in tissues, gradually consumed if necessary or the occurrence of a deficit. The connection in the body is not produced independently, the main source is food, vitamin preparations.
The main fat-soluble substances are trace elements:
- Retinol (A) - normalizes vision, hearing. Increases skin resistance to adverse factors. Improves the work of thyroid, liver. Helps assimilate ascorbic acid,
- Calciferol (D3) - helps to strengthen bone tissue. Reduces the risk of rickets, normalizes the salt mineral balance. When combined with compounds gr. B shows indifferent properties,
- Tocopherol (E) is a natural antioxidant. Prevents aging and wear of internal structures. Improves the condition of the skin of the face and body, hair. Warns diseases of the reproductive system. Cleans the body from toxins, slags. Strengthens the cardiovascular system, enhances the function of the central nervous system. A large amount of fish oil,
- Fillohinon (K). Improves blood clotting and quality. Beneficial effect on the liver. Contributes to the preservation of pregnancy.
Getting into the internal structures are embedded in the cell membrane, are involved in the metabolism, contribute to the normal functioning of the systems and internal organs.
Water soluble vitamins
Organic microelements are not able to accumulate in the tissues, are well absorbed when released into the digestive tract, are antioxidants:
- Ascorbic acid - sieve. C - normalizes the immune response. Improves elasticity and strength of blood vessels. Warns cold. Enhances the absorption of iron and proteins. Contained in citrus, wild rose,
- Thiamine - B1, increases the functioning of the central nervous system. It is found in beans, algae, peanuts,
- Riboflavin - B2, is involved in blood formation and metabolism. A lot of leafy greens, fish, milk,
- Nicotine - B3 - provides redox processes, normalizes tissue respiration. The main source of chicken, turkey, cereals,
- Pantothen - B5, improves the condition of hair, nails, skin. Rich in eggs, fish, pork, nuts,
- Pyridoxine - B6 - strengthens the local immunity of the dermis, keeps youth. Can be found in peas, carrots, beef liver,
- Biotin - B7 - stimulates the health of the gastrointestinal tract, the synthesis of enzymes. Rich in vitamin broccoli, salmon, nuts, mushrooms,
- Folic acid - b9 - increases blood formation. Contained in fruits, berries, liver, green vegetables,
- B12 - improves immunity. Many trace elements in dairy and seafood.
In combination with alcohol and nicotine digestibility is greatly reduced.
How to combine minerals
For health, the consumption of macronutrients in the form of salts and oxides is necessary. The most popular are:
- Calcium is the basis of bone tissue. It is absorbed in conjunction with D3, magnesium, boron. Slows down Fe absorption,
- Iron - normalizes the delivery of oxygen to internal structures, prevents deviations in the formula of blood. Well absorbed from Vit. C, B3. Not compatible with Mq,
- Phosphorus - helps to improve the mineral balance. Interacts with ascorbic,
- Zinc - is involved in immune reactions with vit. C. Neutralizes the properties of Ca,
- Copper - stimulates blood formation. Activated in combination with Fe salts and pyridoxine,
- Magnesium - provides the health of the nervous system, the power of resistance. Accepted with all elements of group B, except for b1. Not absorbed with calcium.
Compatibility of vitamins with each other
To cope with a lack of vitamins, you need to either reconsider the diet, or pick up a vitamin complex. However, in both cases it is important to take into account the compatibility of vitamins. After all, as you know, some vitamins enhance the action of each other, and some can neutralize competitors and even cause undesirable reactions.
Vitamins must be compatible to work properly together
Useful Vitamin Combinations
- Vitamin A is the ideal “companion” for vitamin E, but only if the latter is little. Excess vitamin E, on the contrary, interferes with the absorption of vitamin A.
- Vitamins B2 and B6 interact very well. Vitamin B2 goes well with vitamin K.
- Vitamin B12 is compatible with vitamin B5.
- Vitamin P enhances the action of vitamin C, which is perfectly combined with vitamin E, folic acid (vitamin B9) and vitamin PP.
- Vitamin F is able to enhance the effect of vitamins A, D, E and B vitamins.
- Vitamins A and D can neutralize each other when taken together.
- Vitamin B2 contributes to the oxidation of vitamin B1 and is not compatible with vitamin C.
- Taking vitamin B1 can cause allergies. A simultaneous intake of vitamin B12 can aggravate the allergic reaction.
- Vitamin B12 should not be taken with vitamins C, E and PP.
- Vitamin D is almost not absorbed if it is drunk along with vitamin E.
How multivitamin complexes work
Фармацевтические компании прилагают немало усилий, чтобы совместить в одной таблетке несовместимые витамины. Добиться этого позволяет заключение одного из «конфликтующих» ингредиентов в своеобразную микрокапсулу. Also used technology controlled release, when various substances combined in one tablet, are absorbed with a certain interval. That is why multivitamin complexes have the right to exist.
In healthy food - vitamin complexes, "balanced" by nature itself.
However, multivitamin complexes are suitable only for healthy people who take vitamins for prevention. And only in the case when they really have a need - for example, with unbalanced nutrition. If vitamins are taken as a treatment for a certain disease, it is recommended to take a single product. You should not “prescribe” vitamins yourself, better consult your doctor.
Compatible Vitamins and Minerals
Examples of beneficial interactions are widely represented on the pharmacy counters by vitamin-mineral complexes containing two or three ingredients. These are preparations containing iron and vitamin C, calcium and vitamin D, magnesium and vitamin B6.
- Iron goes well with vitamin A, vitamin B2 and copper.
- Vitamin B2 increases the effectiveness of zinc.
- Zinc helps to absorb vitamin A.
- Combined: selenium and vitamin E, copper and vitamin B3, vitamins C and K with calcium.
Vitamin and Alcohol Compatibility
Alcohol destroys the B vitamins, as well as A, C and PP, and a number of others, and prevents their absorption from food. Moreover, vitamin A in combination with alcohol enhances the destructive effect of the latter on the liver.
Vitamin C saves hangover
On the other hand, vitamin C helps to restore the body tone after excessive libation. It is also noted that a sufficient amount of nicotinic acid and vitamin K in the body significantly reduces the craving for alcohol.
Substances needed by man
The human body needs 14 vitamins:
- retinol (A), calciferol (D), tocopherol (E), phylloquinone (K) - soluble in fats,
- ascorbic acid (C), group B - soluble in water.
The body needs and macronutrients, and trace elements. The content of macronutrients in the body ranges from 0.09 to 9%. The number of trace elements in human tissues does not exceed 0.001%.
16 mineral elements are important for the human body:
Compatibility of fat soluble vitamins
The following indicates how fat soluble vitamins are compatible with other compounds.
iron (vitamin accelerates the absorption of the mineral required for hemoglobin synthesis)
Vitamin E (with excess intake of tocopherol in the body)
vitamin E (with a small intake of tocopherol in the body)
zinc (stimulates vitamin absorption)
Vitamin C (prevents oxidation of retinol)
phosphorus and calcium (vitamin improves the incorporation of minerals in bone tissue)
Vitamin E (in high concentration inhibits the absorption of vitamin D)
selenium (stimulates the antioxidant effect of the vitamin)
zinc, copper, magnesium, calciferol (lower absorption of vitamin E)
Vitamin C (prevents tocopherol oxidation)
calcium (vitamin helps the mineral to build in bone tissue)
tocopherol and retinol (these vitamins in excess concentration impair the absorbability of vitamin K)
Compatibility of water soluble vitamins
Below is a table that indicates with which substances are combined, and with what are not soluble water-soluble vitamins.
B12 (a combination of these substances may provoke an allergic reaction)
magnesium and calcium (the combination of minerals with vitamin reduces the solubility of the latter)
B6 (interferes with the transition of thiamine to the active form)
B6 (substances reinforce each other's effects)
zinc, copper, iron (slow absorption of riboflavin)
B vitamins9A b3, K (with the help of riboflavin go into the active form)
nicotinic acid (B3)
biotin (better absorbed in the presence of niacin)
B6 and copper (activate the absorption of vitamin B3)
pantothenic acid (B5)
B1 and B2 (significantly increase the absorption of pantothenic acid)
copper (inhibits the action of vitamin B5)
vitamin C (B5 accelerates the absorption of ascorbic acid)
B4 and B9 (more actively split in the presence of pantothenic acid)
magnesium (more actively absorbed in the presence of vitamin)
B12 (provokes the destruction of pyridoxine)
B2 (the compatibility of these substances is excellent)
zinc (trace element is poorly excreted from the body with an excess of pyridoxine)
folic acid (B9)
vitamin c (goes well with b9, helps it to be fixed in the tissues)
zinc (makes folic acid insoluble, weakens its effect)
calcium (activates absorption of cobalamin)
iron, copper, C and B1 (incompatible with cobalamin, able to make it inactive)
vitamin E (if you take these substances at the same time, then the antioxidant effect of vitamin C is enhanced, and tocopherol goes into the active form)
copper and B1 (vitamin C is not combined with these substances, the interaction occurs oxidation reactions)
Most modern adults have an A, D, C, B deficiency.1A b2 and B3.
An excess of chemical compounds is just as harmful as a disadvantage. Therefore, before buying vitamin preparations, you should consult with a medical specialist. Only a doctor can determine what substances are missing in the patient’s body, prescribe optimal vitamin complexes and single-component drugs.
Mineral elements can be antagonists of each other or certain vitamins. The following indicates how you can, and how not to mix minerals.
D, B6A b12, K, magnesium, boron (improve calcium absorption)
sodium (as a result of co-administration of minerals, the calcium concentration in the body drops)
Vitamin A, Vitamin C (with these substances, the microelement is more actively absorbed)
zinc, calcium, magnesium, chromium (worsen iron absorbability)
thiamine and fluorine (make iron bioavailable to the body)
cobalamin, tocopherol, manganese (not absorbed in tissues in the presence of iron)
calciferol (activates the absorption of the mineral)
calcium and magnesium (in excessive concentrations lead to phosphorus deficiency)
Calcium and B vitamins (more actively absorbed in the presence of magnesium)
phosphorus and manganese (interfere with the absorption of magnesium in the intestine)
iron and calcium (it is not necessary to combine minerals, otherwise the absorption of manganese will deteriorate)
zinc and cobalamin (copper antagonists, these substances should not be taken together)
B2 and B6 (well connected with microelement)
folic acid, iron, calcium, copper (pronounced incompatibility of these substances with zinc)
iron (contributes to the accumulation of cobalt in the body)
phosphorus, calcium, magnesium (better absorbed in the presence of boron)
Substance compatibility table
To make it easier to understand which substances you can drink together, and which you cannot drink, you can see the table below. It contains information about the most important 12 vitamins and 6 minerals.
A plus in the cells is the combination of substances that help each other to digest, reinforcing the positive effects of each other.
Minus indicated incompatible with each other substances that inhibit the action of each other. These substances should be taken with a difference of at least 4 hours.
Zero indicates substances with neutral compatibility. They do not stimulate, but do not inhibit the action of each other.
Rules for the selection of vitamin preparations
In order for the vitamin and mineral complexes to bring the maximum benefit to the body, one should follow the rules of choosing and taking drugs.
- Do not buy medicines in which the active ingredients are in excess of 100% daily dose. You can take drugs with an increased dose of substances only with the permission of your doctor.
- Complexes in which a large amount of vitamins and mineral elements are supplemented with plant extracts, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, various enzymes, are expensive, but ineffective.
- Vitamin and mineral preparations should be stored according to the instructions, without disturbing the packaging, keeping track of the shelf life.
- Do not exceed the dosage specified in the instructions and the recommended course of administration.
- If you have to combine taking an antibiotic or some other potent drug with a vitamin and mineral drug, then you need to make sure that the drugs are compatible.
- It should be borne in mind that incompatible substances can form toxic compounds that can seriously harm the body. Therefore, to ignore the separate reception of antagonists should not be.
Incompatibility of nutrients with alcohol and antibiotics
A person who regularly drinks alcohol is useless to take vitamin preparations. Alcohol destroys vitamins, so all alcoholics experience a serious deficiency of nutrients, even fully eating. Ethyl alcohol destroys the substances coming from food quickly, so they just do not have time to digest.
Doctors often prescribe alcohol ascorbine, fish oil, and vitamin B complexes, because vitamins C and E are the most deficient in the body poisoned by ethanol, group B. People who are treated for alcoholism are recommended to take tocopherol and folic acid - substances that normalize the state of the nervous system and restoring brain function.
Ethyl alcohol adversely affects the functioning of the liver and gallbladder, inhibits the production of bile. Due to lack of bile, lipid processing is impaired, resulting in deterioration of the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins. Therefore, in the body of alcoholics, vitamins A, D, K, fatty acids are in short supply.
Vitamins are sensitive not only to ethanol, but also antibiotics. Antibiotic drugs destroy the infection, but at the same time destroy the nutrients in the body. Antibiotics with B vitamins are especially unfriendly.2A b3 and B5coenzyme Q10 and minerals (zinc, iron, potassium). Also, antibacterial drugs destroy the beneficial intestinal microflora, which is why the absorption of ascorbic acid and B vitamins worsens. Therefore, it is not worth taking antibiotics and vitamin preparations together.
Compatibility among themselves of vitamins of group B
Speaking about the compatibility of vitamins of group B, it is worth noting that these substances combine poorly, not only with other vitamins and minerals, but also among themselves. Vitamin B6 can not be combined with vitamin B1, as they interfere with the absorption of each other. But with vitamin B2, vitamin B6 combines perfectly, as with magnesium, calcium, zinc. In addition, it is possible to combine among themselves the vitamins in this combination: B2, B6, B9, as well as B2, B5, B9.
Vitamin B6 blends well with B12. However, despite this, doctors recommend to use inside or give injections of these vitamins separately. If you want to prick different vitamins of group B, then it is better to alternate them every other day.
Compatibility of B vitamins with other vitamins
The compatibility of b vitamins with other vitamins has a number of features:
- B vitamins, and especially B12 should not be combined with vitamin C (ascorbic acid), as it does not allow B12 to digest,
- Vitamins B2, B6 and B9 can be combined with vitamin K,
- B6 and B12 are combined with vitamin D,
- between taking vitamin B12 and vitamin A should take at least 12 hours,
- B2 can be combined with vitamin A.