Whatever the product, you should know about it absolutely everything that you can know! If you own the information and skillfully present it, you will be able to interest the buyer and tell him about all the advantages and disadvantages of the goods, and this is worth a lot. If you “mumble” and cannot answer the questions, then the person will definitely think and doubt.
Experienced and talented sellers are studying not only the minimum technical characteristics of the product, but also its other features. For example, if you need to sell a phone, you should analyze the reviews about it and reveal positive qualities in order to tell about them to potential buyers with pride and enthusiasm.
To interest potential buyers, skillfully and effectively present the product: demonstrate its functions, tell about the merits, list and explain all the characteristics so that the client can understand and analyze everything. And you can also give the buyer the item in hand and offer to test it in the case (if it is, of course, possible).
Communication with customers
How can you learn to sell absolutely any goods? Since the main and most important link in the “buying and selling” chain is the buyer, it is extremely important to find an approach to it and, of course, interest it. But how to do that?
- Be sure to ask what exactly a person needs, what are his preferences and requirements. After all, if you do not do this and start trying to literally impose a completely unnecessary thing, the client will immediately leave.
- Remember that the buyer is always right, so do not try to argue with him and prove his case, and even more so to be rude to him.
- Buyer need to love. Even if this is not the case, still show your sympathy in every way, and to all customers at once and to each one individually. And any negative emotions that have arisen to this or that person, suppress or at least skillfully disguise and. And even more so do not allow the form, which will say that you hate everyone.
- Treat all customers with respect, regardless of their appearance, affiliation to a particular population, social status and financial status. All are equal and all require respect. Consider the opinions of customers, contact them at "You" and speak extremely politely, and also consider the opinion.
- Speak in the client's language. If he is educated, intelligent and well-read, then use complex terms. If the client does not have high intelligence, then speak simply and explain everything in detail, but so that he does not feel stupid.
How should a truly successful seller look and behave?
Sometimes it is important not even what is sold, but who sells it. After all, some sellers simply can not refuse, they are so cute and so convincingly talk about the goods!
And what qualities should a successful seller have?
- The seller, oddly enough, should be a good psychologist. Yes, the psychology of customers and knowledge of its fundamentals will help to find out what a person is willing to pay for, what amount he can give, and what kind of service he prefers. So, some people love increased attention, while others, on the contrary, prefer to be at the window alone, and seek help only in extreme cases. If the buyer is greedy, do not try to impose expensive goods on him, he will immediately think that you are simply “pumping out” money from him. If the person is meticulous, then tell all in the smallest details. If the buyer appreciates his time and is serious, then provide information as concisely and clearly as possible. In addition, you should learn to feel the mood of customers and try to raise it in every possible way.
- The seller must be confident in itself, otherwise the buyer, looking at the shifting salesman and mumbling sales manager, will doubt the quality of the products sold. And confidence must be manifested literally in everything: in the look, in the voice, speech, in the pose. Stand straight, speak clearly and loudly enough, do not use parasitic words, do not cross your arms, do not make extra gestures.
- Calm and only calm. The seller must maintain sobriety of mind and composure in any situation, because he will have to deal with a variety of clients, including fastidious, self-confident and even rude.
- The seller must be attractive and neat, and this applies to both the guy and the girl. Agree, if a person with unwashed hair, bruises under his eyes and in dirty and crumpled clothes, will offer the goods, then he simply does not want to buy from him.
- The seller, who wants to buy, must radiate positive and good. And help with this open look, sweet, light and sincere smile, as well as a pleasant voice.
Sales process: we delve into the essence and act according to the scenario
There are several stages of sales. And if you act according to a certain scenario, you can become more successful and not miss the client. So, first contact should be made with a potential buyer. Then everything should be done to gain confidence.
Then start to find out what exactly the client needs by asking the right, clear and, most importantly, clear questions. Next, effectively present the product, tell about all its advantages. If the buyer is not satisfied, then suggest options.
But such a sequence is approximate and averaged, because some buyers are initially positive and confident, and it is simply impossible to win the confidence of others. All people are very different!
Useful tips for beginners and experienced sellers:
- Learn how to emphasize the advantages and beat them so that the buyer really appreciates them and understand how important they are to him. So, if you need to sell a vacuum cleaner for a couple with children, then offer the most noiseless model that has a convenient container for dust that kids cannot get on their own.
- Try to explain that the customer really needs the product and be sure to tell why. For example, if you sell household appliances, then emphasize that it will certainly make life easier and allow you to free up time for a hobby or hanging out with your family.
- Be ready to offer an alternative at any time, as well as compare options. For example, if a person did not like one product, then tell him about another, third, fourth. And by all means carry out a comparative description so that the buyer can finally find something suitable and the best.
- If you plan to sell the product over the phone, then pay special attention to your vote, since the buyer will not be able to rate you according to other criteria. It should not be too high (low is perceived more pleasantly), clear, even a little sexy. Do not hurt, but do not stretch the words. Speak on the case and go straight to the point, otherwise the person at the other end of the line will simply interrupt you and hang up.
- Throw out all personal problems from your head, they will prevent you from working productively!
- Give compliments to customers, but without any hints. Attention is always pleasant and can not only cause sympathy for someone who said something good, but also elevate mood and set up a purchase, even if it is not important and not at all necessary.
Now you can definitely become a successful seller!
What influences the purchase
Purchase motivation has its own factors:
- certain dates.
A good seller knows how to properly sell products in the store. He will find out the above factors, and then he will begin to offer a product that meets the needs of the buyer, taking them into account. And, as a rule, several factors always influence a certain purchase.
Sometimes motivation is based on emotions. Having decided how to sell it, the seller will take into account the data about the person for whom the product is intended.
Also, external and internal factors influence the purchase motivation. External are:
- store reputation
- recommendation of friends.
Internal factors are in the characteristics of the product. For example, the buyer decides on the acquisition of things only on the basis of the appearance of the latter.
How to sell goods in the store, on the Internet and by phone? The universal rule: make it so that the transaction was mutually beneficial. Following simple rules will help to increase sales several times:
- Advertising is the engine of commerce. The development of a competent marketing policy, high-quality and thoughtful advertising, carrying out activities aimed at increasing sales, will make many people know about the product. The most effective way is advertising on the Internet or on television. This service is not cheap, but it gives a good result.
- Trainings on sales objections will allow your salespeople not only to learn how to sell theoretically, but also to be able to do it in practice. Pleasure and positive - one of the components of a successful seller. The professional manager sells with pleasure, he does it not to receive a one-time benefit. After all, friendly communication with the buyer will push him to visit the store again.
- Sales technologies allow you to increase the number of purchases and get more loyal customers. One of the rules of technology is to assign a specialist to a specific buyer.
- Get a system of rewards and bonuses. Sales "on pure enthusiasm" still did not bring big profits to anyone.
This term is firmly rooted in our everyday life. Large trading companies have entire departments, whose employees are engaged in merchandising and know the answer to the question: "How to sell?" This profession in the West mastered more than one year. What is merchandising? These are actions that are aimed at increasing sales or turnover.
The main tools of these actions are:
- availability of price tags
- spectacular display,
- compliance with company standards.
There is nothing new. The rules of merchandising worked and Soviet times, but did not have such a colorful name. The price tag as a kind of product document is the most important component of all this. It carries information about the cost and manufacturer. A gross violation of the rules of trade - the discrepancy in the price of goods with the amount in the fiscal receipt. It is the merchandiser who is responsible for this in the large retail chains, in the smaller stores - the seller, in the online store - the administrator.
The secret of successful sales
- The leading role of the seller - the key to a successful sale. The manager needs to be confident in the quality of the goods, in himself and in a positive response. Without knowledge on some emotions you will not get far.
- The presence of scripts and speech tricks in the technique of sales allows the seller to easily talk in the right direction, having understood how to sell correctly.
- Secrets of sales with heavy buyers lies in the fact that the seller should be able to listen. Then he will be able to determine the needs of the client and make the perfect offer for him. The trick that works: when a potential buyer says, he does not have time to come up with an objection or excuse.
- To make a profitable offer that the client does not refuse, you need to work not with the product, but with the benefit that this product brings and which the buyer can receive. This can clearly solve the problem of the client, and in fact he is waiting for this from his acquisition.
- Perhaps the main secret of a successful sale - to give the customer to feel its importance. Be understood by everyone.
- Telephone sales are an efficient and fast way to sell, identifying and embracing more potential buyers.
Millions are spinning on the market, but only those who know how to properly sell goods can get at least one thousand from there.
Effective sales strategy
- Making contact and identifying needs are key steps towards successful sales.
- Understand that the customer will convince not what the seller says, but what he will understand from this conversation.
- Do not try to influence the buyer, because it will inevitably cause a negative reaction. Whether defensive reaction is justified or not - it must be accepted by the seller and taken into account in further communication. This is the so-called “response to objections”, a streamlined form of client resistance.
- The final stage is the achievement of the result. It is important to remember: until the customer has paid for the goods - the order does not matter. The buyer can always refuse or not pick up the purchased item. That is why to increase the turnover, the final stage of the sale should be handled by professionally trained personnel who know how to sell the goods correctly.
Well-known French merchandising experts A. Lancaster and J. Shandezon in their book Effective Sales Strategy consider that selling is a kind of deal where the interests of the parties do not always coincide.
What qualities should a seller have?
Can everyone become a good seller? Probably not, because here, as in any work, vocation and abilities are important. But you can learn to sell goods, if you have the desire and desire. The seller is always a psychologist, a key figure on which the number of sales depends. What are the qualities of a good employee? Professional and personal skills necessary for successful activity include:
- Ability to maintain a balance between courtesy and self-esteem. Imagine that you came to the store and were taken over by an active seller who wanted to read your thoughts and spread out in the manner of a door mat. Unpleasant obsession unpleasant? Of course. Few people will be pleased with over-helpfulness and a false smile, which are often perceived as forced hypocrisy. Perhaps people with low self-esteem and enjoy such a meeting, but still focus on an adequate part of the population. The seller is also an individual, as is the buyer, so self-esteem must not be forgotten at home, going to work. Do not talk to potential buyers, choosing the intonation of a powerless serf peasant. Try to keep a thin line between “keep” the consumer and “bend” under him. But it is worth remembering the importance and necessity of good manners: greeting and a sincere smile, attentiveness and cordiality, competent speech are important components in the work of the seller.
- Ability to smooth conflict situations, to solve problems of buyers. Any seller can not do without self-confidence, resourcefulness and self-control, since it is impossible to even approximately predict the possible behaviors of buyers. Many deliberately provoke conflicts, because they primitively lack emotions in life. What to do to the seller? Do not panic - fear usually paralyzes thinking abilities, which means you cannot figure out how to reach an understanding. It is best to simulate common situations in advance and formulate for yourself universal methods and techniques that will allow you to find a way out that satisfies both parties. For example, a woman buys in the store an expensive designer tie, packed in a beautiful box. At first, everything is great - the customer pays the money, takes the box and leaves quite satisfied and happy. But after a couple of minutes, he comes back and draws the seller’s attention to the fact that the packaging is defective - slightly torn. It is logical - if the item is purchased as a gift, then you want everything to be perfect. How to be? Change? And not what ... these ties ended. Return the money? And the woman will remain unhappy, and the store will not make a profit, and the time of the seller will be irrevocably spent. Of course, in no case can not refuse the buyer to return his money. But it is better to politely apologize and offer him a choice: a refund, a discount on the purchased goods (for example, 5%), a discount card, a small gift to buy. In most cases, buyers prefer to receive a discount than to return the item they like.
- Good product knowledge. To tell about the product and its qualities is the direct responsibility of the seller. And for this you need to perfectly understand and navigate the industry in which you work. You can sell successfully only if you understand what you want to implement. Buyers ask questions and wait for logical and complete answers, so hardly anyone will buy a “cat in a bag” when the seller cannot say a single articulate offer. Here you can recall the Soviet cartoon about selling a cow, where the old man, coming to the market, could not get rid of her, but suddenly a boy appeared who decided to help him and so praised his goods that the owner finally decided - “you need this cow yourself! ". Of course, it is much nicer and easier to trade Swiss watches, rather than Chinese consumer goods, since product quality is the main characteristic that attracts consumers. Если вы продаете продукты питания, то будьте готовы ответить на вопросы о том, какой торт самый вкусный, из какого творога лучше всего получаются сырники, какая колбаса подходит для салата, а какая – для рулетов с сыром… и так далее.It is very unpleasant to see sellers who work, for example, in confectionery shops, but buyers proudly report that they do not know about the taste of sweets and cookies, as they are on a diet, do not like or do not eat sweets, etc. If you trade in complex (or not) technology, it is very important to be able to show its capabilities and functions to potential owners. Also, usually people are interested in the country of origin, the subtleties and results of use.
- Orientation to customer needs. It is important not only to be able to listen to what the customer needs, you also need to hear and understand it. The seller must have developed empathy (feel people), know the basics of psychology in order to make contact and identify customer needs. Sometimes a person comes to the store, wanting to buy spoons, and leaves with a set of expensive pots, because the seller directed his thoughts in such a way that the buyer understood: yes, he dreamed of this wonderful set for a long time and strongly, a new kitchen utensil is the first necessity! You can easily sell a product to a client if you know how to communicate, sincerely interested in people and want to help them.
- Respectful attitude to customers. In our country, the principle is cultivated in society - “we meet on clothes”. Its fruits are strongly noticeable in business - some sellers are trying to evaluate the solvency of potential buyers in appearance. It is sad to see the boorish attitude of salespeople toward people whose clothes do not seem at first glance presentable. You will not find such a thing abroad, as is usual there, as millionaires can walk in torn jeans and old sneakers. But in any case, sellers can not assume the role of appraisers - all visitors should be treated with respect, not thinking about whether they are going to make a big purchase or not. After all, even if a person came for trifles, and he was rude or serviced reluctantly, he simply would not return the next time, choosing another store.
- The habit of abstracting from personal problems at work. It is clear that everyone has difficulties and troubles - a toothache, a phone broke, an insomnia or quarrel with a friend, etc. tormented. But these details do not interest buyers at all, they are not your friends or relatives. They are important to their problems. Having come to the store, I want to see as a seller a friendly, polite and qualified professional, and not the sad shadow of Hamlet's father, wiping his tears with a silk handkerchief. People working in trade need to be able to control emotions and thoughts, leaving all the negatives at home.
Important: A good seller should have a number of personal qualities - adequate self-esteem, striving for perfection, positive and flexible thinking, self-confidence and stress tolerance. If you want to cultivate, but this is not enough time, you should learn the basics of time management.
How to sell the product?
Nowadays, the competition is so great that for a successful business it is necessary to think through every step. In other words, a competent strategy is indispensable. Now there is a huge amount of literature describing effective sales techniques. Of course, there is hardly a universal way suitable for all products, since the target audience is different for everyone, but some general trends and patterns that attract customers can be identified. Consider in stages how to properly sell the product.
Establishing contact with the buyer
This is a basic and very important stage, as the outcome of a conversation often depends on the first impression. Without contact, there will be no normal dialogue, which means that the chances of selling goods will rapidly approach zero. According to scientists, the opinion about the person (about the seller in our case) is formed at the very beginning of the conversation - literally in seconds. For trade, the first impression often plays a decisive role, since the lost trust of the buyer is almost impossible to recover. You need to understand - initially, most customers at the subconscious level are opposed to the seller and do not want to communicate with him. There is a widespread opinion among managers that “everyone loves to buy, but no one likes when they are sold to them”. That is, a person intends to purchase a product, simply dreams, but active imposition and pressure can lead to the opposite effect, and the buyer will change his mind. Newton's third law will work - the force of action is equal to the force of opposition. How often does the buyer answer “I do not need anything” for the seller’s excessive affection; Cases much more than it seems at first glance. To prevent this, the seller must try to establish contact. How? For example, you can do the following:
- To attract the attention of the buyer - tie a dialogue with the client, entice him. Standard rules should be taken into account: open posture, observance of the “safe” distance (it is not necessary to get too close, usually one and a half meter distance to a person is optimal), eye contact, vivid facial expressions and gestures. It will be useful to read the best books on sales. For example, Harry Friedman in his book “No, thank you, I’m just looking,” perfectly describes the process of turning an ordinary visitor into a buyer.
- To get acquainted - introduce yourself by naming your name and unobtrusively indicating the scope of activity, and also ask about the name of the buyer. Acquaintance translates the “seller-buyer” communication model into “person-person”, and it is logical that it is much easier for a person to trust than a seller. But we must understand that banal and stereotypical greetings (for example: “Hello, my name is Anna, I am a sales assistant”) do not single out you from the crowd of identical trade workers, therefore it is better to show originality. If the buyer introduced himself in response, then contact him by name, as it is pleasant to everyone. However, it is still not necessary to transform someone else's name - if the man called himself Alexander, do not make him Sasha, etc.
- To interest the buyer - tell about the ongoing promotions, new collections, current trends, reflected in the assortment of your store, etc. To do this, you need to be well-versed in the scope of your business, know all about competitors in order to inform the client about the benefits of your products. If a potential buyer stares at an expensive sweater, then tell him about the composition and quality, emphasizing - a jacket made of natural wool, which means it will warm in the winter and be worn for a long time, that is, it cannot be compared with acrylic brands sold in neighboring stores. points.
Important: people perceive information in a complex way - visually, audibly and verbally, that is, the seller must pay attention not only to his words and wash them, but also to intonation, facial expressions, gestures.
Identify customer needs
To sell a product you need at least a basic knowledge of the psychology of the buyer. How to understand what the client wants to get? Needs are needs that are embodied through specific services or goods. It is believed that needs can be:
Satisfying a related need leads to the birth of another. For example, a woman bought shoes, but they also need a suitable handbag. A new skirt involves the purchase of blouses, etc. The seller needs to understand and anticipate the wishes of the client, guide them. The correct determination of the needs of the buyer is very important, as people come to shop, trying to solve any problems, but the same product may be needed for different purposes.
Consider an example: A potential buyer is drawn to the store wishing to purchase curtains. The seller finds out the approximate amount that the customer is willing to spend, asks about the interior and the color scheme of the room, and then shows the options that are suitable for the voiced information. However, the purchase is not made, and the person goes light ... Why? The consultant simply did not ask - what goal does the buyer have, what does he want to receive? The seller offered those curtains that were combined with the interior, and the visitor was trying to protect himself from the sunlight, since the sun in his room was shining from the very morning, not allowing him to sleep. In this case, the person would most likely have acquired a blackout curtain (of opaque fabric), if he had been told about them, drawing attention to the advantages - drawn curtains immerse the room in total darkness, since they do not let the light out from the street.
To identify the needs of the buyer, it is necessary to ask him. Usually distinguish the following types of questions:
- Closed questions - they can be answered unambiguously (“yes” or “no”). Do not ask too many such questions, otherwise the amount of information received will be negligible. Example: "Do you prefer classics in clothes?".
- Open questions - it is assumed that the answer will be expanded. However, it should be borne in mind - if the buyer is not interested, then he will simply run away to another store, where he will not have to conduct long and tedious dialogues. Example: "Which dress do you prefer?".
- Alternative questions - give a person a choice in the form of several answers. Example: “Do you like long dresses or short ones?”.
- Leading questions - are required in the case when the buyer himself is not really aware of what he wants to receive. Example: “When choosing a dress, it is important to understand why the purchase is made: if you plan to go for a holiday, look smart and bright?”.
- Rhetorical questions - create an atmosphere of ease in conversation, are necessary to maintain a dialogue. Example: “You want to choose a dress that best emphasizes your individuality and beauty?”.
Important: as a result of the conversation, the seller must mentally create a certain questionnaire highlighting customer preferences. Offer products should, focusing on the information received. It is also important to remember the associated needs: chose a shirt - immediately offer to choose a tie for it, etc.
Presentation of a product or service
Presentation is the process by which you describe or show a customer the offered goods or services. Of course, everyone understands: “it’s better to see once than to hear a hundred times”. Therefore, the seller’s task is to show the product in such a way that the client understands that this is exactly what is needed! Usually, representatives of the top management of the organization participate in the development of the product presentation idea, and the sellers implement the idea. Presenting the product, you can pay attention to a number of points:
- Show the preliminary stages. It is impossible to sell a house without showing it to the buyer. If you are making custom-made kitchens, then customers will want to see samples, as well as projects made specifically for them.
- Specify the benefit that the client will receive. It’s not enough just to list properties and characteristics, it is important to indicate how the product will change the life of the buyer, what it will allow, etc. Example: "This refrigerator does not need to be defrosted, so you save a lot of time."
- Learn to correctly identify your target audience. All people have different needs, but you can select types of customers and come up with appropriate presentations for them. If you sell clothes and young students come to you for shopping, they prefer what is modern, which means that when presenting goods, emphasis should be placed on the latest fashion trends.
- Anticipate logical objections. Tired of the constant questions about why it is so expensive? Include the answer in the presentation. For example: "Some people are surprised at the too high, in their opinion, price, but it is reasonable, since our doors are made of natural wood, therefore, they will not adversely affect your health."
- Explain professional terms. And this should be done unobtrusively and easily - the client should not think that he is stupid and does not know the obvious things.
- Praise carefully, do not overdo it. When everything is too sweet, that is often no longer desirable ... and hard to believe. Therefore, it is better to talk about the minuses, as this will help to gain confidence - after all, everyone understands that there is nothing perfect.
- Offer a choice. It is always interesting and useful to compare similar products - sometimes this helps the client to give preference to something.
- Tell about the product, giving arguments. It is important for people to know that others liked and approached the product, as this automatically makes it attractive. Add digital data, graphics, photo and video materials, certificates, reviews, newspaper excerpts or recommendations from social networks, etc. to the presentation. For example: "We have been selling such greenhouses for 5 years, during which we received only thanks and not a single complaint."
- Include the buyer in the process of using the product. How? Due to trial periods, probes, etc. You sell cars - especially pay attention to test drives, because sometimes just the opportunity to find out what it's like to sit behind the wheel of a car you like is the decisive factor in purchasing it.
- Stimulate the customer to purchase. Everything is suitable for this: discounts, bonuses, additional guarantees, gifts, promotions ... Everyone wants a holiday, and it happens when you buy two bottles of brandy for the price of one.
Important: when presenting a product, one should not just act according to a well-established and rehearsed scheme, but focus primarily on the specific buyer and his needs.
After the presentation should check the willingness of the buyer to make a deal. It is better to ask open-ended questions, for example: “Did you like the offer?”, “Do you arrange conditions?” And the like. If you ask directly, it is easy to hear "no", so you should act carefully, as there may not be a second chance.
When formulating a proposal, it is possible to increase the value of the offered product or service. How? There are three methods:
- Deficiency - acts as a psychological factor, forcing a person to want to get what is only in limited quantities. Possession of something exclusive (or at least not mass) helps a person to feel his uniqueness.
- Limited time offer - is a catalyst to help make a positive decision. The promotion will expire, which means that the buyer will miss the benefit ... and who will do the same?
- The effect of repetition (imitation) - often people tend to copy others at a subconscious level, so a large number of customers who have bought a product, is a kind of proof of its quality and relevance.
Important: the wording of the proposal must be clear, transparent and in no way misleading the buyers, otherwise the lost trust will not be returned.
Processing possible objections
Every seller every day in their work is faced with the objections of buyers. They can occur both at the very beginning, that is, at the stage of establishing contact, and after the presentation of the goods. It is normal and logical that the client doubts. The task of the seller is to give a reasoned answer, dispelling doubts or explaining incomprehensible moments. Consider the examples of the most common objections and methods of dealing with them.
A common objection, especially in retail stores. What does the seller do? Carefully find out what is behind such a decision. Depending on the reason, a neutralization method should be devised. For example:
- The customer saw a similar product in another store, but at a lower price. Then you need to prove that the sentences are not at all identical. Your product is better for certain parameters, so the price is higher. You can build a dialogue in such a way that the customer himself realizes the superiority of your product, for example: “Are the wine glasses in the Alpha shop also crystal, like ours, or are they made of glass?”.
- The buyer wants to get a discount. If the policy of your organization provides discount cards, then make a discount, go forward. Otherwise, however, you are not required to do so. Explain that the price of the product is logical and reasonable.
- The price is really too high for the customer. Then you can offer a similar product that has a lower price.
- The buyer believes that the price is unfair. Give arguments proving the objectivity of the price. For example, high quality goods, prestige, compliance with the latest trends, etc.
Everyone thinks before shopping - someone wants to consult with friends, evaluate the assortment in other stores or just reflect on the usefulness of the desired product. Is it possible for the seller to do nothing? Can. Usually, people postpone the purchase, because something stops them - they did not understand, and they are shy to ask, for example. In this case, the salesperson must ask what prevents the client from deciding what information he lacks.
Important: set the buyer deadline, that is, the deadline for which the announced price for the product is valid. In other words, tomorrow the selected wardrobe will cost 10% more, as the new month begins, from which the supplier raised the prices for materials.
Заключение сделки и решение вопросов
Кажется, что клиент уже готов к покупке, но и на этом этапе может произойти сбой. Покупатель никак не решается, а продавец уже боится отказа. Важно ненавязчиво подтолкнуть человека к сделке – напомнить ему о возможности возврата в определенный срок, о гарантии, о карте скидок, которая будет выдана вместе с покупкой. Usually this is enough, and as a result a contract is concluded, documents are drawn up, etc. Maybe the purchase will be made on credit, then the seller must help the customer calculate the interest on the loan.
The role of merchandising in sales
Merchandising is the art of selling, that is, a peculiar set of activities aimed at increasing sales in a particular store. According to statistics, more than half of all decisions to purchase any product were made by customers, standing directly in front of the counter. Why? A person chooses with his eyes ... having seen something, he can suddenly realize the need of this thing. If you come to a clothing store, it is easy to notice that handkerchiefs and gloves often hang next to bags, men's shirts coexist with ties. By chance? Not at all. The location of commercial products should ideally encourage visitors to buy, and better not one.
It is believed that the promotion of the product is carried out in two stages. First, the manufacturer organizes an advertising campaign - in the media, on billboards, in social networks, etc. Its purpose is to inform potential consumers about the quality of the product, its properties and characteristics. Due to the company's packaging, brand, star, involved in advertising, the client also creates an image of the goods. Merchandising refers to the second stage, it is a way to draw the attention of the consumer, it is advantageous to show him the goods. So that I wanted to buy.
Features of sales during cold contact with the client
Today, everyone faces cold sales - they are often called “telephone spam” because they are carried out exclusively at the initiative of the seller. Cold contacts can occur either by telephone or in person, for example, by walking around the apartments. The client often does not show any interest in the product, and simply does not want to talk with the seller. However, this is not always the case - out of 50 unsuccessful calls, one can be winning, that is, attract a buyer.
The main feature of cold sales is the difficulty in making contact with a potential buyer. You are on the phone, but you have no idea who will pick up the phone? Retired, student, secretary or CEO? How to behave and adapt to the interlocutor to interest him? Usually cold call specialists have developed communication plans (they are called “sales scripts”). However, one must be able to form an opinion on a hypothetical client in the first seconds of the dialogue in order to select the appropriate scenario. It is very important to understand what you are selling and know everything about competitors.
Important: in order to engage in cold sales, it is necessary not only to have stress tolerance, conversational skills and competent speech, good product knowledge and flexibility of thinking, but also a beautiful, pleasant voice, causing location and a desire to continue the dialogue.
Save the article in 2 clicks:
Thus, learning how to trade correctly, increasing sales, is realistic if you focus on the needs of the buyer and understand the importance of each stage in the process of selling goods. World-famous marketer Philip Kotler said that "the client must be given a choice, and then he will leave all his money with you." And with a choice you can help ...
1. Meet the customer fully armed
If you have worked all the materials in advance, even at the expense of personal free time, you have all the necessary data, if, even before talking with the client, to find out his interests, you prepared a list of what you can offer and arrange samples or promotional material so that you can search it did not take too much time, consider yourself ready for a conversation, presentation, negotiations.
2. Study the products and prices for similar products in other firms
First, you must replenish the assortment if you see that some product is in demand, and you do not have it. Secondly, you will be prepared to discuss financial issues.
Your prices should not be higher than others, and if they are higher, be sure to explain to the customer what this means: longer service life, additional functions ("GPS is built into our mobile phones, you will not need to buy a separate navigator for auto").
4. The client does not have to wait
Taxi, private trailer, garbage truck - but you have to be in place ten minutes before the meeting in order to have time to look around, check that your appearance is in order, and enter the office at the minute.
The same applies to the execution of orders - let you have a blackboard or a calendar on your wall, where it will be marked next to each date when you need to remind customers that the goods will be shipped to them tomorrow. And if they promised "tomorrow morning" - it should be so.
Hardly storekeeper, transport problems, technical reasons of the customer do not concern. Accuracy - politeness is not only kings. This is the first thing to learn, wondering how to learn how to sell.
6. Trade "with a campaign"
At the eastern bazaar, they always weigh as much as the buyer asks, and add a little more from themselves ("with a hike"). You should always be prepared for the client some not too formal supplements - offer him free instructions on how to use the product, present a calendar with the company logo.
In short, do something beyond what is necessary. Customer you care? And you him too! Seeing that you work from the heart, he will enjoy the purchase, will recommend you to other people, he will come again to you next time. Without familiarity, but keep friendly.
7. Make a good impression!
You should always be in a good mood and fit. A taut, healthy, energetic seller is always easier to achieve results. There are no trifles here - everything according to Chekhov: "And the face, and the clothes, and the soul, and the thoughts."
Comparing, for example, two approximately the same denture clinics, with equal prices, quality and range of services, a person will make a choice in favor of the one where the staff is more pleasant, polite, erudite.
8. Remember that working with a group is always easier than with a single customer.
Remember, in Gilyarovsky: "It’s difficult to persuade one village peasant to go into a shop and buy it - this is difficult. And I will persuade a crowd in an ice-hole in the winter!" When acquaintances, family members or even other visitors are near, the client is more difficult to refuse the deal than one-on-one.
If there is an opportunity to organize meetings with groups of clients - be sure to do it. This approach is good for retail sales. Using this technique, any consultant salesman how to properly sell will understand very quickly.
9. Not a day without a new customer!
There are days when the flow of visitors thins. Well, use this time to view all your unopened deals - maybe right now you have in the assortment what the person was looking for and did not find before.
Look at the bulletin board in the local newspaper - maybe there you will see an opportunity to attract customers. Develop a new advertising strategy. In short, always strive to expand the circle of customers.
10. A negative result is also a result.
Certainly in order to understand how to sell correctly, you need to gain experience, which usually consists of a large number of negative results. Yes, it is unpleasant when a deal breaks down - but it gives you the opportunity to understand exactly what went wrong with you.
After analyzing the reasons for failure, you change tactics - and the next time everything will be fine. You have to believe in yourself, work on yourself - and success will come.