A beautiful smile is the best decoration for a person. But not all nature endowed with even and snow-white teeth. Someone from early childhood suffers from problems with teeth, and someone they are running as a result of inadequate care and neglect. Also, over time, the enamel can darken under the influence of food, coffee, tea. Especially a negative impact on the health of teeth, cigarette use.
Modern aesthetic dentistry will help bring back the attractiveness of a smile. New progressive technologies allow to cope with any problems concerning the health of the oral cavity.
What is lumineers?
One of the latest achievements of technologists is the creation of lumineers. They are thin, made of porcelain lining. With their help you can find a beautiful, white smilewithout adversely affecting enamel. Luminira is one of the varieties of veneers, but these products differ from the classical microprostheses by their special design.
The main characteristics of lumineers:
- the thickness of the products does not exceed 0.2 mm,
- modeling technologies used in the manufacture of lumineers, allow to obtain dentures that best match the natural color and shape of the patient's teeth,
- Lumineers design is durable. Compared to classic veneers, microcracks cannot form on their surface,
- products are more durable than veneers. Dentists claim that the minimum lifespan of lumineers is 20 years,
- if necessary, lumineers are removed.
The use of lumineers is a quality and fast way to find beautiful teeth. Compared with conventional veneers or crowns, these products have several advantages.
- The possibility of establishing lumineers without turning the tooth.
- The design is established as quickly as possible - in just 2-3 visits to the dental office.
- The procedure is almost painless, so the use of anesthesia is not required.
- There is also no need to install temporary overlays.
- Lumineers do not change their shade under the influence of external factors. Patient can quietly drink tea or coffeewithout fear of the formation of darkening or stains on the teeth.
- Lumineers manufactured according to modern technologies are absolutely safe for health, moreover, they prevent the formation of caries on the teeth.
If necessary, lumineers can be removed. The use of the construction does not bring discomfort to the patient, they are almost imperceptible, give the teeth high aesthetic characteristics and are distinguished by a long service life.
Despite all the advantages of Lumineers, they are not without flaws. It is worth noting that not everyone can install to itself a design because of its high cost. For one unit, along with the whole complex of dental work, you will have to pay an average of $ 1,000.
Another drawback of products is that they slightly thicken the tooth, because the turning is not done beforehand. In cases with small teeth, this defect is imperceptible. Improper installation of lumineers can lead to gaps.
The design is recommended to apply if the patient wants to give his smile attractiveness and aesthetics. Lumineers are used in cases where you need to make your teeth whiter and more beautiful, align the dentition, hide the gap.
The design can be installed with or without pre-turning, it depends on the wishes of the patient, as well as the recommendations of the dentist. Installation of lumineers without turning is carried out in several stages:
- A tooth is being prepared for installation. It includes cleaning and treatment (if necessary),
- casts are made from the jaws,
- patient's smile is modeled using computer programs
- the resulting impression is used to make a thin lining of ultra-strong porcelain with a thickness of not more than 0.2 mm,
- The next time you visit the cabinet, a lumineer is being fitted. If necessary, amendments are made, the form is adjusted,
- the last stage is the fixation of the structure on the tooth. It uses a special glue that is resistant to food acids.
Not every doctor will be able to perform high-quality installation of lumineers, and not every dental office has the opportunity to do so. Quality lumineers are imported from the USA, where for their manufacture special ceramics are used and patented technology. Before contacting your doctor about the installation of lumineers, you should make sure that the dentist has certain experience and knowledge to perform the procedure with the highest quality and give the patient an excellent result.
Improper installation of the structure can lead not only to deterioration of the appearance of the teeth, but also to the development of diseases. This is due to the fact that during the formation of small gaps in them plaque will accumulate, food debris that is difficult to remove, and therefore bacteria.
Lumineers in the process of operation do not require special treatment. The patient can use any food, drinks, chewing gum, without fear that the prostheses will fall out or change their appearance.
Teeth care with lumineers is almost the same as usual hygienic procedures. In particular, you need to brush your teeth twice a day, after each meal rinse your mouth with warm water, use dental floss. Do not open the bottle with your teeth or gnaw nuts, it is necessary to limit the use of seeds. Every six months should visit the dental office.
Indications for the establishment of lumineers
The design is recommended to be installed if the patient has aesthetic defects of the teeth. Lumineers will help to hide the enamel erosion front teeth, large gaps between teeth, chipped and chafing. Also, the products are able to align the dentition, to hide the darkening, spots, yellowness.
Lumineers are recommended for patients who suffer from fluorosis or tetracycline teeth. Design is capable significantly improve the appearance of crowns or old fillings, it will help find a beautiful white smile to patients with tremy and diastema.
Lumineers are able to correct only minor curvature of the teeth, with strong defects in shape, they are powerless. It is impossible to install constructions for patients with periodontitis, bruxism, dental caries, abnormal abrasion of teeth, strong changes in bite.
To judge the quality of this or that product can be primarily on the reviews of patients and consumers. As for Lumineers, the views of users are more positive. The result depends largely on the competence and experience of the dentist who establishes the design, on the initial condition of the teeth, as well as on the quality of the product itself. To be satisfied should only go to well-known clinicswho have already managed to prove their good side. Of course, a novice dentist will not be able to do the work as carefully as an experienced specialist.
My teeth did not differ in aesthetics from early childhood, and I could not take care of them. Already from the fifth grade, I started having problems - then a piece would fly off while cracking a nut, then caries would appear as a result of excessive consumption of chocolate. By the end of school, I had about fifteen fillings, and by twenty-five, I noticed a significant deterioration in the appearance of teeth, which, of course, brought some discomfort and prevented a normal smile.
My permanent dentist offered me whitening or professional cleaning, but by that time the enamel was thin and fragile, so I refused. Then a friend advised me to go to another clinic where she had veneers installed. At the first visit, the doctor recommended installing lumineers. I was seduced by photos of people with Hollywood smiles and I almost immediately agreed. The cost of the procedure is not cheap, but I was pleased with the result and now for the past few years I have been enjoying my snow-white smile. Lumineers do not darken, do not bring uncomfortable sensations, they are invisible on the teeth. Thanks to the doctor for the quality of the work done.
Luminira teeth set twice, so I recommend to be very attentive when choosing a clinic and a dentist. For the first time I decided to change the appearance of the teeth before the wedding, because as a result of my use of coffee and cigarettes, they were covered with dark spots. At first, I planned only to whiten, but the dentist categorically forbade it, since my enamel is too thin.
I was offered to install Lumineers, to which I gladly agreed. I do not know whether the inexperienced doctor got caught, or if he simply neglected his work, but I didn’t get what I wanted. The wrong shape, wrong color, wrong thickness. When trying on, they didn't even give me a look at the lumineers. As a result, I didn’t have a Hollywood smile, but a horse smile. When she expressed her dissatisfaction, the workers said that the work was done and they would not change anything, at least for free.
Disappointed with these lumineers, I went to another dentist to take them off. He examined everything, analyzed it and in two days made me new lumineers, much thinner and more delicate than the previous ones. Before fixing, tried on, took a few photos, together we corrected inaccuracies and then the doctor finally fixed the design. This time I was pleased. It is a pity that I had to pay twice.
Teeth for me were always a subject of pride and my best decoration. By nature, they are white and smooth. With age, I began to notice that my teeth were beginning to darken. At first I tried to bleach them with folk remedies, it only helped for a while. Then she turned to a dentist, who offered three options - professional bleaching, installing veneers or lumineers.
From the first two options refused, as they could harm enamel. I decided to try to install Lumineers and I do not regret it at all. The procedure is almost painless, the Lumineers themselves are so thin that the aesthetic characteristics are not felt on the teeth. I got white and beautiful teeth that are not susceptible to the effects of dye. I can eat chocolate, drink tea or coffee, without being afraid of the attractiveness of my smile.
All the problems with my teeth began after the birth of the child. The first thing I noticed was the formation of stains on the enamel, often a toothache occurred and the enamel became thin. When I went to the doctor, he advised to install Lumineers, pre-sealed problem teeth. They promised me that they would last for at least 20 years and offered a good discount. The procedure itself is almost painless. There was no need to grind the surface of the teeth and harm enamel. I was also pleased with the result - beautiful, regular shape, white and neat teeth, which have not lost their appeal for more than three years. They are not afraid of chewing gum, candy, coffee, do not darken and do not turn yellow.
Lumineers is a modern solution to aesthetic problems with teeth. Installing overlays will help to find an attractive white smile for many years. The cost of the procedure is justified by high quality, durability and durability. Patient reviews are mostly positive. The only thing you should pay attention to is the choice of the clinic and the dentist, because the result depends on the doctorand, accordingly, the appearance of the patient's teeth.
What are veneers and lumineers?
Veneers and lumineers are dental micro-prostheses, which are thin ceramic plates that are used to correct the appearance of teeth. They are not intended to treat any diseases of the oral cavity. They are used only in aesthetic dentistry.
In the last decade, such materials have gained wide popularity due to a number of advantages compared to, for example, the artistic restoration of teeth. Apply plates to improve the appearance of the dentition. But what is the difference between such similar materials? What is better - lumineers or veneers? What form to choose? Read more about this in the relevant sections of the article.
So, which is better - Lumineers or veneers? To answer the question posed, it is necessary to understand the intricacies of installing such materials.
Veneers are fixed according to the following algorithm:
- The top layer is removed from the tooth, equal to the thickness of the plate, so that the material looks as natural as possible.
- A suitable form is selected from the range provided by the manufacturer.
- On the next visit to the dentist, a veneer is attached to the cement base.
How are lumineers installed?
But this is how Lumineers are installed:
- Removed cast of tooth. Then, on its basis in the laboratory is made the corresponding plate. It should be noted that Lumineers are manufactured exclusively in the USA.
- The tooth is processed with a special composition, as well as polished.
- A dental adhesive is applied to the prepared surface with which the plate is fixed.
That, in fact, is all about the difference between veneers and lumineers.
Reviews of professionals and patients
Experts unequivocally argue that such materials are an innovative breakthrough in aesthetic dentistry. With the help of installations of such records one can literally get a “Hollywood smile” in just a few visits to a doctor. Thus, dentists are increasingly proposing to install veneers and lumineers.
Patient reviews also note the effectiveness and painlessness of the procedure. If we analyze the opinions of people who were microprosthetics, then we can draw the following conclusion. When asked what is better: veneers or lumineers (reviews contain such information), many responded that the latter benefit in many ways. But the main positive moments are reduced to the fact that the lumineers are more durable and look the most aesthetically pleasing.
The disadvantages include first of all the cost of installing such plates - not many can afford such a procedure.
So, which is better - veneers or lumineers? This question has no definite answer. Only a specialist, having assessed various medical factors, can give individual recommendations to the patient.
Lumineers in dentistry: materials, features
Lumineers are lining that stick to the outer surface of the teeth with the capture of the cutting lobe. Usually they are used only on the visible part of the smile. These plates are extremely thin, their thickness is about 0.2 mm. Apply them in order to hide small defects of the dentition - stains on the enamel, fillings, in other cases.
Since the plates are very thin, for their manufacture uses a special dental porcelain of high strength. The composition of the material is patented and is available under the brands Cerinate and IPS e.max Press. Lumineers have a matte finish, treated with a special chemical agent, giving them a color as close as possible to the shade of enamel.
Lumineers, veneers, konorira: what is better and cheaper?
Lumineers are a special case of veneers that are used more often. This is due to the fact that veneers, unlike lumineers, can correct significant defects: crooked teeth, hide crevices behind them, or hide chipped parts of enamel. What is the difference between veneers and lumineers? Consider to start varieties of veneers, which can be direct and indirect:
- The former are composite materials like fillings, which the dentist applies on the tooth layer by layer. You can get a Hollywood smile in one visit to the doctor, but the lifetime of these veneers is small. After 5-7 years, the composite begins to crack, darken and require replacement or repair.
- Indirect veneers are made of porcelain according to the impressions made after the preparation of teeth. The patient has to wait one to two weeks until his lining is ready. During this period, the doctor places temporary plastic plates on the teeth, which makes the procedure more expensive. Porcelain linings last longer than straight lines - about 10-15 years.
The main difference of veneers is their thickness, which ranges from 0.5 to 1.5 mm, as well as the material of manufacture. Before fixing these patches, the teeth are processed - the dentist grinds off the top layer of enamel, otherwise the plates will make the dentition massive, convex.
Compounds are also considered a type of veneers. This type of linings was invented later; they were presented to the world community in 2011. The difference with veneers is that the components are not made of porcelain, but of special polymer, which has incredible strength. This quality allows you to make the components very thin - their thickness is comparable with Lumineers and is only 0.3 mm. Componeers are placed on the teeth on the very first visit to the dentist.
What is better - veneers, konoriry or luminir? Однозначного ответа на этот вопрос нет. Каждый вид реставрации зубов имеет свои преимущества и обладает определенными недостатками. Стоит прислушаться к совету стоматолога и выбрать то, что подойдет в конкретном случае. Если же вопрос в цене, то дороже всего обойдутся люминиры — виниры немного дешевле. Наиболее бюджетная процедура – установка компониров.
Indications for installing Lumineers, photos before and after the procedure
The indications for installing lumineers are quite extensive. Super-thin linings are used to mask fillings on the front teeth, correct the small curvature of the incisors, eliminate the gap between the teeth, or recreate the acceptable appearance of crowns. Lumineers are also used in dentistry to lighten smiles and create a “Hollywood image” if traditional bleaching is impossible. Lumineers presented in the photo - before and after installation. Consider each case in detail.
Masking seals, stains on enamel, cracks
Masking spots on the front teeth is quite capable of thin Lumineers. This procedure will help to hide minor defects of the dentition, such as:
- fluorosis - yellow, creamy spots occasionally forming depressions in the enamel,
- tetracycline teeth - a rare occurrence today, are characterized by enamel darkening as a result of prolonged use of the tetracycline antibiotic,
- tooth erosion
- fillings on the front teeth, differing in color from enamel,
- the presence of cracks, chips that can not be hidden in other ways.
Veneers can solve the same problems, but lumineers are a bit thinner. In this regard, the latter are used only in the presence of small defects.
Making Hollywood smiles and teeth whitening
Many people want to get a "Hollywood smile", having quite healthy teeth. However, enamel color is a congenital feature and does not affect the health of the mouth. During teeth whitening with chemical preparations, the enamel can be lightened, but it can hardly be given a snow-white tint if it is initially yellowish or gray. Lumineers - a great way to make your teeth white or at least a few shades lighter than your family.
Correction of front crooked teeth and bite
Veneers and Lumineers can help make your teeth smoother, and a smile - Hollywood, but can not cope with the task of correcting the bite. Very thin linings will mask a slight curvature or slightly smooth the impression. Moreover, an overbite can be traumatic because the load is distributed unevenly over the chewing surfaces of the teeth. Veneers and Lumineers require careful operation, and in the case of a traumatic bite, they can quickly lose their aesthetic appeal.
Restoration of unsightly ceramic crowns
The appearance of ceramic (or metal-ceramic) crowns over time becomes unaesthetic. The ceramics turns yellow, the gum falls and the metal base of the crown near the cervical part of the tooth is exposed. However, it is not always advisable to change the design due to the appearance - it performs its functions, keeps securely. In this case, Lumineers on the teeth will be salvation. They visually smooth the differences between the crown and native teeth, the dentition will seem lighter.
Stages of installation of Hollywood lumineers
The installation of lumineers takes place in several stages. Consider the step by step process of creating a Hollywood smile:
- During the first visit to the dentist, the oral cavity is examined and a decision is made on what color and quality the lumineers will be used. Sometimes the doctor finds caries or other problems in the mouth that require treatment. Also before installation, the teeth are cleaned from deposits.
- The next stage depends on whether a person chooses a standardized or individual lining. If it is decided to install the finished plates, the doctor will be able to perform the procedure immediately. If the patient agrees to an individual production, the doctor will take a photo of the teeth, take pictures of them.
- The next visit, when the plates are ready, the doctor will put them on the teeth with the help of special plaster. After fixing such records, the dentist checks the quality of the installation, for which he uses the T-scan device. The device allows you to determine whether there is a violation in the closure of the teeth of the patient.
Advantages and disadvantages
Advantages of lumineers:
- Lumineers can be installed without turning the teeth.
- Quick installation design. It takes about 2 - 3 visits to the dentist.
- Virtually no anesthesia needed.
- Installation of temporary overlays on teeth is not required.
- Unlike composite fillings and overlays, there is no discoloration over time.
- Absolute biocompatibility. Harmlessness
- Reduced exposure to teeth caries.
- The composition of the cementitious composition contains fluoride, therefore, during fixation, the tooth undergoes fluoridation.
- No increased sensitivity of the teeth.
- The installation of lumineers is reversible.
- High aesthetics. When installing lumineers, it is possible to fully match the color of their teeth.
- Comfort when using designs.
Lumineers have disadvantages:
- Very expensive.
- Lumineers installed without turning teeth, have cons. These teeth look larger than natural.
When they are put
Lumineers are prescribed for patients, if required:
Photo: Teeth before and after installing lumineers
- Make your teeth beautiful and white.
- To align the teeth with lumineers, without installing braces.
- Make the dentition even.
- To exclude tooth turning.
- Hide the gaps between the teeth.
Technology installation lumineers without turning teeth
This technique allows prosthetics lumineers painlessly.
Installation steps for Lumineers:
Photo: Ready Lumineer
- Tooth preparation for the installation of the structure: if necessary, its treatment is carried out.
- Making molds with jaws.
- Computer simulation of the patient's smile.
- According to the obtained impression, a thin porcelain lining on the teeth is made, the thickness of which is not more than 0.3 mm.
- Lumineer fitting occurs at the second visit to the doctor.
- Installation and fixation of the structure to the tooth with a special glue, which is highly resistant to the action of food acids.
The installation process luminera takes about a month.
Where to install Lumineers
The installation procedure for Lumineers is technically difficult. Therefore, not every doctor will be able to make the patient's smile beautiful and aesthetic.
Not everyone knows that real Lumineers are manufactured in the United States using patented technology and special patented ceramics.
Despite the fact that the installation of lumineers does not require special preparation of teeth, so that the smile shines with beauty, the doctor must have special training and qualifications.
A doctor who has experience in installing such structures will install them so that they will look natural.
Complications with improper installation of lumineers
If the doctor does not have sufficient experience, then a small gap may form if the structure is not properly installed near the gum.
It will accumulate plaque, which will constantly irritate the gums.
Before installing Lumineers, it is necessary to choose the right clinic and a certified dentist - aesthetist.
It is necessary to pay attention to the cost of the service and the Lumineers themselves. Lumineers can not cost less than $ 700 per unit. Real lumineers cannot be cheap.
Patients who have installed Lumineers share their impressions of the results of prosthetics:
- Put the lumineers on the front teeth. I feel discomfort. It seems to me that the teeth have become long and heavy.
- With age, my teeth darkened and I tried to smile less so that others did not notice the defects of my teeth. The dentist offered me a choice of three solutions to this problem: professional bleaching, the installation of veneers or lumineers. I chose - the last, because I was very afraid to grind my teeth and wanted to no longer return to this issue. I was very pleased with the results. The guarantee was given for 15 years. And the price was pleasantly surprised. One tooth cost 27,000 rubles, considering that the lumineers have a long service life.
- I often chopped the incisors, and the color of the teeth left much to be desired. I was advised to put on the lining by my dentist. I did not want to injure my teeth, so I chose Lumineers. What I do not regret. I really like the color and shape of my new teeth.
Indications and Contraindications
Indications for installing lumineers:
Photo: Tetracycline Teeth
- Aesthetic defects of teeth. They will help correct the correction of teeth Lumineers.
- Erosion of the enamel of the front teeth. Lumineers on the front teeth will hide these changes.
- Grinding and chipping of teeth.
- Change the color of the enamel and the presence of stains.
- The presence of large interdental spaces.
- Crooked teeth. Lumineers installed on crooked teeth will help align the dentition.
- Old, changed color fillings.
- Diastema and treme.
- Tetracycline teeth. Fluorosis
- The presence of crowns on the front teeth. Lumineers mounted on the crowns of the front teeth, improve their aesthetic appearance.
Lumineers have contraindications:
- Severe tooth curvature. Straightening teeth with lumineers is impossible.
- Tooth decay.
- Pathological abrasion of teeth.
- Strong bite changes.
Manufacturers lumineers claim that the life of structures can be twenty years or more. The warranty on lumineers in dental clinics is provided for a period of five years.
Moreover, the lining for the teeth, during the entire time of use, are able to fully maintain their appearance. Remove the dental structure is possible at any time.
In this case, the teeth, fully preserve the state in which they were before the installation of Lumineers.
Questions and answers
Lumineers prosthetics is a new trend in aesthetic dentistry.
In this regard, patients are concerned about issues related to the possibility of their installation with the most common defects of the teeth.
Frequently asked questions from patients are answered by aesthetists.
Question: Can lumineers on teeth hide stains on teeth?
Answer: Yes. Lumineers hide various defects on the teeth. For this, you need to choose opaque plates.
Question: Is it possible to put Lumineers on dead teeth that have darkened?
Answer: In such cases, veneers are not recommended, but lumineers can and should be installed, since they successfully replace traditional crowns.
Question: If the teeth are false, is it possible to install Lumineers on artificial crowns?
Answer: You can put luminirs on artificial crowns, but only if they are in good condition.
Question: What dental lining is better:porcelain or ceramic?
Answer: Porcelain lining can be put only on the front teeth. A ceramic, consisting of zirconium, as the front, and chewing.
Question:How much are lumineers on teeth?
Answer: Each dentist has its own cost rates. They depend on the type of work spent on a particular patient. The cost of luminera per tooth is on average 1 thousand. $.
Question: What are the Lumineers made of?
Answer: Lumineers are made of heavy-duty porcelain.
Lumineers on the teeth is much more expensive than veneers. Prices for luminated linings range from $ 700 to $ 1500 - for one slip.
The cost of lumineers depends on the dental clinic, the qualifications of the dentist, the preparation of the teeth and the oral cavity for prosthetics.
What it is?
Lumineers are made of unique reinforced ceramicscapable of withstanding high loads and represent lining (plates) on the teeth.
How to create a "Hollywood smile"
Lumineers - the only lining having minimum thicknessnot exceeding 0.3 mm. This feature allows fix them even on not polished crown surface.
Despite its small thickness, the strength of lumineers does not differ from veneers and, with proper care, can serve for about 20 years.
The installation technology provides for up to three visits to the dentist, on which data is collected, fitting and installing plates.
The characteristic of lumineers is that they can be installed on artificial crowns. Lumineers are used to correct the appearance of crowns in the smile area and can cover from one to 10 teeth. The installation of the plates is carried out according to the following indications:
- the presence of three and diastema,
- areas of severe pigmentation on enamel,
- filled crowns,
- defects on the teeth: cracks and chips.
What to choose: veneers or lumineers, what's the difference. Details in this article.
Study here the structure of the front teeth of a person.
Cost of additional services
The main question, most often of concern to patients, concerns the cost of the service, which varies within 25000–60000 rubles. As a rule, it consists of prices of lumineers and procedures previous and related installation pads.
Each stage of the service corresponds to certain procedures, which have their own price range.
In many clinics, consultation is free. But some dentistry for a primary treatment set a certain price. At the first reception, the dentist conducts a visual inspection and explains all the features of the upcoming procedure.
For the time spent by the doctor, you have to pay from 100 to 700 rubles. If the client signs a contract with the clinic for the provision of services, then all subsequent receptions during the treatment period are free of charge.
After receiving consent for the installation of lumineers from the client, the dentist conducts a detailed study of the dentition. For this, the patient is given an x-ray panoramic and / or target image. After that, an approximate plan of procedures and estimates are drawn up. At the diagnostic stage, the costs will be from 2000 to 3000 rubles.
We offer for comparison to find out the price of covering the teeth with veneers. And also see photos and read reviews.
Perhaps you are interested in dental prosthetics, in this article are approximate prices for metal ceramics, as well as many photos.
Here http://zubovv.ru/ortodontiya/breketyi/skolko-vremeni-nuzhno-nosit.html raised a popular question: how much should you wear caps after braces.
This stage can take a long period, since the installation of lumineers has certain requirements: the teeth and the tissues adjacent to them must be perfectly healthy.
The cost and number of procedures depends on the condition of the crowns. Basically, preparation includes:
- Elimination of caries. Lumineers cannot be placed on crowns affected by caries. Therefore, even with its minor manifestation of treatment is carried out. Depending on the area of damage, the cost of such treatment may vary. from 400 to 7000 rub.
- Treatment of periodontal tissue. When problems with gums are detected, the installation of lumineers is also delayed until they are completely cured. This process can take from one week to several months.
You can pay for procedures aimed at stopping periodontal inflammation. about 5000 rub. Bruxism. This disease is a contraindication for the installation of linings. Night grinding of teeth leads to rapid plate breakage and additional costs. But the risk of deformation of lumineers can be minimized by using protective dental mouthguards.
At the preparation stage, the doctor makes the molds for which an individual kappa is made. Ordering such a device is a rather expensive service, adding to the total cost. 2–8 thousand rubles. Professional oral hygiene. This procedure is necessary in order to eliminate soft and hard plaque, which prevents quality adhesion of the lining with the surface of the crown.
In addition, transparent veneers are not always able to completely hide dark areas with tartar. The cost of cleaning using ultrasound or Air Flow technology is in the range 2–9 thousand rubles.
If the cleaning was carried out with standard dental instruments, the cost is reduced several times and on average is 1000 R.
This procedure is recommended when installing lumineers. It allows the client to see the final result, with the overlays already installed. To this end, the specialist creates a computer model of the patient's jaws, based on digital images.
With the help of a special 3D program, a detailed copy of the patient's oral cavity is modeled, while maintaining the exact dimensions and shapes of the crowns. At the same stage, the model can be adjusted, at the request of the patient. The price for using 3D-technology - about 7 thousand. rub.
Lumineers are engaged in the manufacture only in the USAtherefore, to obtain the most accurate result, the dentist must collect as much data as possible. In addition to the received pictures and 3D models, it is necessary to take impressions for sending.
The quality of the impressions and the accuracy of the transfer of the relief, shape and location of the teeth will depend on the material used. Most often used for the manufacture of silicone. The cost of silicone casts - from 1000 rub.
Number of lumineers
The total cost of the installation of lumineers is influenced by number of overlays. Price one plate starts from 20 thousand rubles. When self-counting, the installation cost of the whole group does not always coincide with the price offered by the clinic, which is often somewhat lower.
This is due to a special pricing policy that adheres to the principle of wholesale.
Например, при установке двух люминиров среднерыночная стоимость составит 65 тыс. рублей. Если заказывать от 4-х и более накладок цена снижается на 2–3%, а при заказе 7, более чем на 10%.
The approximate cost of Lumineers, depending on their quantity, is given in the table:
What is it lumineers on the teeth?
Lumineers is a very thin ceramic plate that is placed on the surface of a tooth. By and large, this is one of the options for fixed prosthetics similar to veneers. This type of artificial limbs is only conditionally related to non-removable ones, since it is impossible to remove the porcelain plate at home. But in the dentist's office, you can perform this procedure in a rather short time period.
Lumineers are quite thin (only 0.18-0.31 mm thick), but this is only a showy fragility. In fact, the ceramic plate is quite strong, it can hold the same load as its own teeth, and without changing colors under the influence of coloring products like coffee, tea, cigarettes and red wine. Taking into account the wishes of the patient, the plate can be given a more natural look by changing the color or applying roughness. But, as a rule, Lumineers on the teeth are associated with a Hollywood snow-white smile, therefore they put simultaneously on all the teeth of the lower and upper rows. This "overhaul" repair has its advantages, since it is not necessary to adjust to the appearance of the nearby teeth.
Because of its subtleties Lumineers cannot completely block the color of the tooth enamel, because this prosthesis resembles the home whitening of the teeth, with the help of special bleaches or professional cleaning. However, they will not be able to fully correct the appearance, only to hide the aesthetic shortcomings of the tooth. The form remains almost unchanged, which makes it possible for doctors later, if necessary, to remove the prosthesis without pain and quickly.
What is the difference between lumineers and veneers?
Very often confused veneers and lumineers. These are actually quite similar types of prosthetics, restoring primarily the aesthetic component of a smile. But there are two main differences between these two types of recovery procedures:
- Thickness. Just lumineer for subtlety can be compared with a lens for the eyes. Very rarely, dentists make it slightly thicker than 0.29 mm, in order for the teeth to give a more powerful look, visually weighting. Veneers are made with a thickness of at least 0.5 mm, and most often more than one millimeter.
- Need dental turning before installation. Despite the fact that these two types of plates are very thin, unlike other prostheses, turning of the tooth is required before installing the veneer. This is done so that the veneer does not come forward. It “crashes” into the enamel in the literal sense, therefore, it is necessary to grind the front part to such a depth, how thick the veneer will be. As for lumineers, no turning is required. This makes it possible to keep their teeth unchanged, and, accordingly, while the patient wants to remove the plate, the patient does not need another prosthesis.
However, in favor of veneers, it can be noted that they help to hide the defects of the dentition. For example, during the correct installation, you can hide between the front teeth gap. Lumineers are not suitable for this correction, but they are occasionally used to change the appearance of the tooth.
Indications for use
Indications to install lumineers the following:
- Change shade old crowns. This need often appears after chemical bleaching. Own teeth are much lighter, and crowns, which were originally painted a more yellow color, do not change their shade and do not stand out against the general background. In this case, in order not to replace the crown, you can put a lumineer on it.
- Small correction bite. During the installation of the lumineer, the prosthesis can extend beyond the edge of the tooth by 1.2-1.6 mm. This is quite enough to align the entire series.
- Minor defects, which can not be removed with the help of professional cleaning or bleaching. For example, a seal or blemishes.
How much are lumineers?
For a Hollywood smile will have to pay dearly: Lumineers are one of the most expensive dentures. In various areas, their cost may be slightly lower, but in most dental clinics they are guided by the price of the same procedure in the capital. In Moscow, in order to make and install a lumineer only for one tooth, you will need to give about 28-55 thousand rubles. This is almost two times higher than prosthetics with veneers.
The price of ceramic lining can vary depending on the quality of the material from which the prosthesis is made, as well as on which fixer will be used. But it is necessary to understand that the final amount, as a rule, includes both the installation of lumineers and their manufacture, as well as a number of procedurespreceding this:
- Dentist consultation,
- Professional cleaning of the oral cavity. This procedure is required especially in cases where luminir is set not completely on a row, but only on one tooth. This greatly facilitates the installation, and at the same time whitens the teeth, in order to have the possibility of a clear definition of the color of the prosthesis,
- Tooth preparation, for example, in cases where it is necessary to install a filling,
- Impression production, computer modeling and measurements. Lumineers are made on a patented unique technology, it also affects the price.
What are veneers and lumineers made of?
First, veneers were made from feldspar porcelain. They were rather thick, but not very durable, and now this material has practically disappeared from the scene, because it has been replaced by more advanced designs.
More than 40 years ago, the American company DenMat created such material as Cerinate. The plates made of it became thinner, as they were stronger than the feldspar, and when they were installed, significant tooth turning was no longer required. So there were Lumineers. However, their strength was still not as high as we would like. In addition, this material did not allow to create a transparency and a natural appearance of the tooth: more dense and yellowish at the neck, more transparent and lighter at the edge. They tried to achieve this by coloring, but it was not natural enough.
The next step in the evolution of veneers was the material based on nickel disilicate - E-Max from the German company Ivoclar Vivadent. This is porcelain reinforced with nickel, due to which it has become possible to produce very thin plates that do not require turning. At the same time, it is twice as strong as Cerinate, it allows you to completely recreate the structure of the tooth, its microrelief, transparent cutting edges, the transition of one shade to another, and so on.
Indications: what problems do veneers and lumineers solve
Both veneers and lumineers solve two groups of problems: aesthetic and functional. To aesthetic include:
- the shape and height of the teeth,
- irregularities of enamel, its ugly color or pigmentation,
- the presence of old fillings that the patient wants to hide.
The following is considered functional:
- tooth defects, such as cracks and chips,
- increased interdental spaces,
- slight bite defects (for example, one tooth is shorter than all the others in a row).
Also, veneers and lumineers help fight age-related changes and create a rejuvenating effect. With age, all people lose their teeth due to chewing loads and friction of the teeth on cheeks, lips and tongue when talking. Firstly, because of this, the height of the smile is lost, and secondly, the dentin appears through the erased enamel, which contains pigments that give the tooth a yellowish or grayish color. Installing veneers or lumineers helps to return the teeth height and beautiful color and thus rejuvenates the smile.
Issue price and service life
Products from the material E-Max cost about 50-60 thousand rubles apiece. Lumineers and veneers from Cerinate (and this material can be ordered only in America) will cost from 50 to 64 thousand rubles per tooth. Plates created from these materials will last 15 or even 20 years. But the cost of products very much depends on the work of the technician: the more highly artistic it is, the higher the price.
Recreation of transparency, microstructure of the tooth, enamel microrelief, complex color rendition - this is what determines the high prices for veneers or luminirs. You can make veneers for 25-30 thousand, but they will be monochrome - the color will be obtained by coloring, there will be no three-layer transition of shades into each other, that is, naturalness will be lost. But the products made at a high artistic level, even with very white shades look perfectly natural.
How is the installation of veneers and lumineers
It all begins with a consultation with the doctor, during which you use it to choose which records you want to install, on how many teeth and what color. The doctor uses the fitting, "phantom" Lumineers, trying on your teeth. So you will immediately understand how a smile will look like if your teeth increase by the thickness of the lumineers, whether it suits you or not in terms of aesthetics.
Also during the aesthetic consultation computer design is used: you are photographed and a suitable version is modeled on a computer - with veneers or lumineers.
If you chose veneers with turning, the doctor grinds his teeth, sets temporary veneers on them, and sends a pre-made impression to the laboratory, where permanent plates will be made. If your choice is lumineers or veneers without turning, then taking away the impression is all and limited.
You will need to wait 2-3 weeks, and then come to the second appointment. The doctor will remove temporary veneers, if you wear them, and try on your teeth on what happened in the laboratory. For this, water glue is used. If you like everything, then you will be sent to brush your teeth, and then install the plates on the fluorine-containing cement.
When working with lumineers, a microscopic technique is used for maximum precision in the manufacture and installation of plates, and the doctor puts on glasses that increase several times.
Caring for veneers and lumineers
They do not require any special care. Just like natural teeth, you need to brush them twice a day, in the morning and in the evening, and once every six months you should undergo an examination and professional cleaning by a dentist. You do not need any special toothpastes or brushes. You can use floss (dental floss to clean the interdental spaces) and an irrigator (a device that cleans the teeth and the gaps between them with a stream of water). If veneers are made of feldspar porcelain or Cerinate, the crushing of hard and tough products (nuts, crackers, etc.) should be avoided.
Differences from other types of dental restoration
Of course, veneers and lumineers are not the only way to get a beautiful smile. The first thing that comes to mind is whitening. However, it does not affect the shape of the tooth, and the resulting color inevitably loses its whiteness over time, it must be regularly maintained. Moreover, all fillings and crowns are not subject to bleaching. So there is a risk to get multicolored teeth: the enamel will be lightened, and the filling or crown will remain the same color. They will have to change. Veneers and Lumineers can be chosen to match the tone, plus they easily fall on sealed teeth.
The second kind of smile correction - art restoration. The doctor imposes a composite material on the tooth, forming a beautiful surface and color. However, this is a long time, and, if necessary, six teeth in each row will have to spend a lot of time. In addition, the teeth after such a restoration need regular inspection and periodic correction - polished in the doctor's office at least once a year.
The third type is installation of crowns. No crown can be installed on the tooth without turning - neither metal-ceramic nor all-ceramic. Although their lifespan is not inferior to veneers and lumineers, and the crowns themselves reliably protect teeth, you still should not use this restoration method in the presence of healthy or slightly damaged teeth.
Veneers and pregnancy
If we are talking about installing veneers with turning during pregnancy, this can be done, but, as with any intervention during the carrying of the baby, it is better to do this in the second trimester. In the first three months, important organs and tissues of the infant are laid, and in order to exclude the slightest influence on these processes, it is better to postpone aesthetic procedures to a later time.
If you want to put Lumineers or veneers without turning, then this is possible in any period, as there is no grinding, pain and anesthesia. In fact, it is sticking plates from porcelain on the teeth, which does not affect the state of the pregnant woman.
If there are already veneers, and the woman became pregnant, then this will not affect pregnancy or teeth: the veneers both stood and will stand.
Veneers and Sport
This applies not only to veneers, but also to native teeth: for boxers, hockey players, people involved in martial arts, doctors create individual protective sports caps. They are made of special silicone, and even if the blow falls on the area of teeth and veneers, then this cap protects them from damage. The rest of the sport does not affect the wearing of veneers or lumineers.
What to look for when choosing
The first is the price. It is important to remember: only modern, high-quality products can have a high price.
The second point is the choice between veneers with or without turning. Here you can not do without consulting a doctor: there may be situations when turning is necessary.
Finally, you must carefully choose a clinic and a doctor. Patients should evaluate three aspects:
- How long has the doctor been engaged in installing veneers and lumineers. Doctors who have been working for a long time, have quite a lot of experience and can demonstrate their work.
- What techniques does the doctor own? It is important that he works with veneers and lumineers, as the technology of work is different. When installing the lumineer, a different method of fixation on the tooth is used, otherwise the choice of material transparency, the choice of color, and so on occurs. In addition, it is always better to do without turning the teeth, as this is an irreversible process - it is no longer possible to return the ground enamel.
- Recommendations of friends and acquaintances who have already done such procedures with this doctor.