Klafuti is a wonderful dessert from France, which will appeal to all those who do not sicken egg-based dishes, such as creme brulee or English cream. His homeland is considered the province of Limousin. Delicacy miraculously combines the features of the cake and casseroles. In France, this dish is prepared by every hostess, but it turns out that finding the perfect recipe is not so easy. We will tell how to cook klafuti so that it turned out tasty and fragrant.
The subtleties of cooking
Every self-respecting pastry cook prepares this sweet according to his own recipe. In the list of necessary products you can find brandy, and instead of cherries, some put other fruits. At the same time, some ingredients disappear from the recipe, then others. However, the classic set includes only milk, sugar, eggs, flour and certain berries.
Thus, the delicacy, which is called klafuti, is cooked only with cherries or cherries. If you use other fruits, then this dessert will already be called fllyard.
An ideal clafout should meet these requirements:
- for its preparation only products from the classic recipe are used,
- he must be baked enough
- should not have an egg smell,
- tasty and warm and cold
- can be cut into pieces, not lounging at the same time.
What else needs to be considered?
- The French say that the delicacy should be prepared only with the use of berries with pits, which will give the dish a taste of almonds.
- If you decide to cook a pie with bones, then use this technique. 1 tbsp. Melt butter in a pan, add berries, sprinkled with sugar. Keep in a pan until the sugar is dissolved. Pour syrup into the dough.
- Many are frightened that the consistency is too thin, and they add more flour. In no case should not do it!
- granulated sugar (fine) - 125 g,
- flour - 60 g,
- cream 10-12% - 300 g (or 100 g cream – 200 g milk)
- eggs - 2 pcs.,
- yolk - 3 pcs.,
- pitted cherries - 400 g,
- vanilla - half a pod,
- cherry tincture - 3 tbsp. l (or you can take a cherry with pits).
- Take the peeled cherries, put in a colander, which set over any capacity, sprinkle with tincture.
- Mix loose ingredients, gradually add eggs, yolks and cream.
- Stir until smooth, add vanilla. Put in the fridge for a couple of hours, or you can leave it overnight.
- Lubricate the molds and refrigerate at the same time as the dough.
- The next day, pour cherry juice from the container into the dough, mix well.
- In a preheated oven to 200 degrees to put the form for 5-7 minutes. Layer thickness is about 1 finger.
- When the mass thickens, get it. Pour out the berries, distribute them over the entire surface in a uniform dense layer. Pour the remaining dough on top.
- Bake the cake for another 15 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 180 degrees, bake for another 40 minutes.
Willingness is determined by the lush edges. You can pierce the cake with a knife. If the knife remains clean, then the dessert is ready.
With the addition of apples
For apple dessert with cinnamon, prepare:
- flour - 1,4 glasses,
- granulated sugar - 1,4 glasses,
- squirrels - 2 pcs.,
- Yolks - 2 pcs.,
- non-fat milk - 1 cup,
- canned apples (dried) - 400 g,
- ground cinnamon - 2 tsp,
- powdered sugar - 2 tsp.
Let's start cooking:
- Mix loose ingredients.
- Whip milk with yolks and whites.
- Combine everything and mix.
- Take forms and grease them with butter. Put the apples in there, pour out the liquid mass from above.
- Top with a slice of cinnamon.
- Place the container in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees, for 25 minutes.
For lovers of baking with chocolate, we offer this recipe for chocolate clafouty. For him you will need:
- eggs - 3 pieces,
- flour - 80 g,
- cocoa - 50 g,
- granulated sugar - 120 g,
- milk - 300 ml,
- berries without stones - 1 cup,
- zest of 1 lemon.
Description of cooking method:
- Grate the lemon zest on a fine grater.
- Mix all bulk ingredients.
- Add yolks and whites, and mix everything.
- Add milk.
- The resulting mass whisk whisk or blender.
- Grease the form with oil, place the cherries in the center.
- Pour dough.
- Bake in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees, 45 minutes.
If you really want to bake cherry sweetness, but unfortunately you do not have the right berries on hand, you can bake claufti with plums. For him you will need:
- plums - 400 g,
- milk - 1 cup,
- flour - 1 cup,
- eggs - 2 pcs.,
- butter - 1 tbsp. l.,
- granulated sugar - 4 tbsp.,
- vanilla sugar - 10 g,
- powdered sugar - 1 tbsp.
- salt - on the edge of the knife.
- Remove pits from plums, cut fruit into pieces.
- Beat the sugar with the yolks and whites. There, add bulk solids.
- Mix everything. The dough should make it look like a pancake.
- Grease the form with oil. Put the plums in there. Lightly sprinkle them with sugar. Pour the resulting mass from above.
- Heat oven to 170 degrees. Put the form there.
- After 15 minutes, reduce the temperature to 150 degrees.
- After about 35 minutes, the cake should be ready. Pierce it with a match, if it stays dry, then the dish is ready.
- It can be served both warm and chilled.
In the multicooker
Cherry claufti can be cooked in a slow cooker. Take the same set of ingredients as in the previous recipe.
First prepare the filling, then the dough. If it is too liquid, do not panic and do not add more flour.
Smear a bowl of multicooker with oil, sprinkle with semolina and place berries. Top with liquid mixture and bake in “Cupcake” or “Baking” mode for 80 minutes. Readiness is checked with a toothpick.
Try to cook a French summer dessert, its taste will definitely not disappoint you. This dish is so simple to prepare that it will become your lifeline when you want something sweet and you are sorely lacking time. A small amount of calories will allow you to cook a treat every day, without prejudice to your figure.
Cherry clafoutis - basic recipe
- cherry 600 g (weight with stone)
- flour 100 g
- 4 eggs
- milk 200 ml
- sugar 60 g
- salt pinch
- butter for lubrication
- powdered sugar powder
- vanilla sugar 1 sachet (optional)
- Remove bones from the cherry (or not - at your discretion). Mix flour, sugar, salt + vanilla sugar if added. Mix milk and eggs, breaking one by one.
- Combine the dry and “wet” parts, whisk with a blender or a whisk until a homogeneous consistency.
- Grease the form with butter, place the cherries and pour the clafouty dough on top.
- Send the blank clafoutis to the preheated oven, bake 10 minutes at 200 degrees, then reduce to 180 degrees and cook another 20 minutes. Please note that everyone’s ovens are different, and you may need a little more or less time to cook clafoutis.
- Cool ready dessert, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
Klafuti with frozen and canned cherries
Variations of cooking dough for klafuti are huge, like any other traditional recipe. You can, using a little more flour, add baking powder, so that the structure of the dough looks like a pie, and not a casserole. What we will do now.
- 400 g pitted cherries (can be frozen or canned)
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml of milk
- 5-6 Art. l wheat flour
- 4-5 Art. l Sahara
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp butter for lubrication form
- 40 g of melted butter in the dough (optional)
Little cooking secrets
In order for this dessert to be truly French, you need to know some secrets and follow the recipe photo. The original recipe involves the use of cherries with pits. According to many confectioners, it is the bone that adds spice, the aroma of almonds and Amaretto, and also does not allow the juice to flow out of the berry. But there is such a cake is not very nice.
Before preparing the berries should be thoroughly rinsed, carefully remove the bone, without damaging the berry and dry. Put some of the cherries in the pan, sprinkle with sugar and simmer over low heat. Sprinkle the remaining berries with a small amount of cherry tincture, liqueur or brandy, and allow time to infuse.
In the berries prepared in this way, the juice is sealed, the taste becomes richer, and the texture of the dessert is more interesting. Klafuti can be cooked not only with cherries, but also with any other fresh, frozen or canned berries and fruits.
Together with flour, you can use crushed almond nuts. Some chefs say that cherry pie smells like scrambled eggs. This is due to the fact that there is practically no flour in the dough, and milk cannot kill the smell of egg white. To avoid this, you need to use not the whole eggs, but only some of the proteins and yolks.
You can’t completely remove the protein, otherwise the cake will not hold the shape, but it is permissible to use only half. Also confectionery spices can improve the flavor of the treat: vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cherry syrup.
This French cake is also interesting because it is baked quickly, which means it can be baked in portions. For this perfect small pottery tins, in which you can and serve dessert to the table. If you decide to bake one large pie with cherries, then you need to use a not very wide shape with high sides.
To make a French dessert called “Klafuti” with cherries you will need:
- 4 eggs
- 500-600 grams of pitted cherries
- 200 ml of milk (or 100 ml of milk and 100 ml of heavy cream)
- 50 grams of butter for the dough and 10 grams for lubrication
- 50 grams of sugar
- 100 grams of flour
- Vanilla on the tip of a knife or a bag of vanilla sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon ice water
Preparation is very simple, takes a minimum of time. This cherry dessert can be cooked in the morning, in a hurry before breakfast, or before the guests arrive.
Flour must be sifted through a fine sieve in order to get rid of foreign inclusions and lumps. Despite the fact that the dough is very liquid, flour-rich flour will make the cake more lush. Mix flour with sugar, vanilla and a pinch of salt. Separate the whites from the yolks. Yolks, one by one, add to the mixture of sugar and flour, kneading thoroughly. Squirrels in a separate bowl, beat a little until the state of a liquid white mass, gently mix in the dough.
Milk a little warm and constantly stirring to combine with the rest of the ingredients. It is important that the milk be warm, but in no way hot, otherwise the proteins will curl up. Heat oil in a water bath until soft, mix in the total mixture. Stir the dough slowly and gently until smooth, carefully breaking all the lumps and seals. You should get a liquid sticky dough, the consistency of a pancake.
When the dough is finished, you can bake the dessert. There are several ways. The first advises to pour the cherries into the dough, mix and pour into a carefully oiled form. This is the fastest way, but keep in mind that the dough will stain, and the berries are likely to settle to the bottom.
The second method is more time consuming, but the cake will look spectacular. To do this, pour part of the dough on the bottom of the mold, put a small amount of cherries and bake until half cooked, about 15 minutes. When the cake is fried lay out the remaining cherries and dough, return to the oven for another 30 minutes, reducing the temperature. This method can be cooked puff cake, with different types of berries or fruits.
If you are preparing one large cake, then the bottom of the form must be covered with baking paper so that the cake can be removed without any problems. Bake Klafuti at a low temperature, about 180-200 degrees. Thanks to this temperature regime, all useful substances are preserved, and the cake is baked evenly.
Give the finished cake a little cool, decorate, as in the photo, or fresh fruit, nuts, powdered sugar and you can help yourself. It is important to eat “Klafuti with cherry” fresh, not allowing it to dry out. But, as a rule, this delicate and fragrant French dessert ends more quickly than it has time to cool.
Recipe 1, classic: clafouti with cherry
- Cherry - 500 g
- Chicken eggs - 4 pcs.
- Sugar - 100 g in dough + 1 table. spoon for berries
- Milk - 300 ml
- Butter - 50 g (or 50 ml heavy cream)
- Flour - 120 g
- 1 lemon peel
Wash cherry, sort, remove bones. Fill with sugar and let it stand, so that the berries make juice. After a while, drain the juice. You can use and frozen cherries, pre-defrosting at room temperature.
Turn on the oven at 200 ° C to warm up. Next, the preparation of the cake is so fast, and we need the oven to warm up well. Prepare a baking pan. The form should be with a solid bottom, through the dismountable dough will flow. Keep this in mind. Smear with butter and powder with flour, so to speak we make a “French shirt”. That is the name of this process.
At the bottom of the form lay out a single layer of cherries.
Now quickly make the dough. Beat 4 eggs with sugar. Add approximately 100 ml of milk. Pour all the flour and mix to avoid lumps.
And only then add soft butter, lemon zest and gradually add the remaining milk, continue to beat. It should make the usual pancake dough. It must be liquid.
Lemon zest in this pie can be replaced with 30 ml of cherry liqueur, amaretto or a teaspoon of cinnamon. The bottom line is to kill the omelet flavor of the dough. If you like to add essence, then instead of lemon zest drip a few drops of essence to taste. My family does not welcome various chemical flavors, so I wriggle in a lemon zest. Next dough pour cherries.
Berries will float, do not get scared, it should be so.
Put in the oven and bake at 180 ° C for about 30-35 minutes. For decoration, you can sprinkle almond petals or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
It is necessary to eat while the clafout is still hot
Recipe 2: French Claufti (with a photo step by step)
- Cherries - 400 g,
- Flour - 60 g (approximately half a cup with a volume of 200 g),
- Sugar - 100-125 g,
- 2 eggs + 3 yolks,
- Milk - 200 ml,
- Cream - 100 ml (thick, homemade, like fatty cream)
- A pinch of salt,
- 1 tablespoon of brandy (2-3 spoons are also possible, but I was cooking for children),
- Powdered sugar.
Cherries wash and clean the stones.
Cooking the dough is a pleasure: easier than on pancakes! Even a mixer is not needed. But the order of mixing the ingredients is slightly different than for the pancake dough: if there first combine the liquid ingredients, and then pour the dry ingredients, then the opposite is true.
Flour and sugar mix.
Add the eggs (no need to whisk - just stir so that there are no lumps).
Pour in milk and cream (it is more convenient to mix them in advance).
Stir the dough and leave in the fridge for a couple of hours, or maybe overnight. Here's another advantage of klafuti - dough was made from the evening, we cleaned the cherries - and in the morning we pour into the mold and, while the delicious breakfast is being prepared, we go about our business.
Lubricate the form with butter, sprinkle with flour. Preparing the form, also put it in the fridge - along with the dough and cherries.
When you are ready to bake klafuti, heat the oven to 200C, take out the dough, mix well (you can pour the cherry juice in it, it will only taste better), and pour in 1 cm dough.
We put the form in the oven and bake for about 7 minutes, so that the dough is slightly grabbed like an omelette. Is it a bit thicker, like sour milk? It's time to add berries.
Evenly pour cherries on the dough, they slightly "sink" in it.
And on top, also uniformly, pour the rest of the dough.
And again in the oven. For 10-15 minutes at 200 ° C, then reduce to 180 ° C and bake for another half hour or a little more, to 35-40 minutes. Klafuti is ready when its edges and top become rosy, it becomes lush, and the middle can shake a little - but when you try it, the tip of the knife remains clean. If the top starts to redden too much, and the middle is still liquid - cover the dessert with a sheet of foil and hold it until ready.
A freshly baked clafouti is magnificent, it rises well - but when it cools, it immediately settles. Everything is in order, and it should be - just the dough is very tender.
Let stand in the oven turned off for 7 minutes, then take out the form and let cool on the table, and then sprinkle with powdered sugar through a sieve.
When the dessert has cooled, it is easy to cut it into pieces.
Recipe 3: Cherry clafoutis (step-by-step photos)
- Sweet Cherries - 600 g
- 3 eggs
- Sugar - 100 g
- Milk - 350 ml
- Butter - 50 g
- Wheat flour - 80 g
- Almond flour - 150 g
Large dark sweet cherry as it should be washed and dried. If desired, carefully remove the bones, trying not to hurt the berries too much.
Oven include warm up to 180 ° C.
Melt the butter in a water bath and cool slightly. Mix in a bowl both types of flour, wheat and almond. Add sugar and a pinch of salt to the flour. Divide two eggs into whites and yolks. Enter the remaining one egg and mix all with a wooden spoon. Then add two yolks, melted butter and milk. Stir everything until smooth. Separately, beat the egg whites to the peaks and carefully enter them into the total mass, mixing with smooth rolling movements. The dough is ready.
Керамическую форму для выпечки (диаметром 28-30 см) смажьте сливочным маслом и выложите ягоды. Оставьте несколько черешен с “хвостиком”, чтобы украсить ими верх клафути.
Залейте ягоды тестом, при необходимости разровняйте их в тесте равномерно по всей форме. Сверху выложите ягоды с “хвостиком”.
Bake the dessert in a preheated oven for 15 minutes at 180 ° C, then lower the temperature to 150 ° C and bake another 20-25 minutes until tender golden color. TIP! It turned out that the berries with tails, which I laid out over the dessert before putting it in the oven, all drowned. And I so wanted them to remain on the surface, slightly baked, well, just like in the picture in the book! ))) Therefore, when I lowered the temperature in the oven, I just laid out 5 more sweet cherries and they turned out as it should!
Cool the prepared dessert, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve! Tasty as a cold and warm.
Recipe 4: simple berry clafouty (with photo)
- Berry mix - about 350 g (currants, raspberries, pitted cherries from my freezer)
- Eggs - 3 pieces,
- Milk - ¾ V.,
- Sugar - 1/3 Art.,
- Flour - 3 tbsp. with a slide,
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp,
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Butter - to lubricate the form,
- Powdered sugar - for sprinkling.
Grease a shallow heat-resistant form, put it on the bottom of the berry.
Beat eggs with sugar and vanillin into a magnificent foam. Gradually, stirring in, add milk and flour, sifted with baking powder. Pour the dough on top of the berries and place in the oven heated to 180 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
When serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Recipe 5: Delicate Pear Claufti (with photo)
- 300 ml of milk
- 180 g sugar
- 100 g flour
- 4 eggs
- 3 - 4 pears
- 1 tbsp. spoon of vanilla sugar
- a pinch of salt
- butter for lubrication
Sift flour into a deep bowl, add salt, sugar and vanilla sugar.
Add the eggs and mix well.
Pour milk in small portions and whip to make lumps. The dough will turn out such a consistency, like on pancakes.
My pears, peeled and peeled. Cut into small pieces.
Grease the form with oil, put the pear slices on the bottom and pour dough.
Remove to preheated oven 200 degrees and bake for 50 - 60 minutes. We take out slices and warm serve to the table. Enjoy your meal!
Recipe 6: Klafuti with peaches and almond flour
- Peaches large 3 pcs (fresh fruit can be easily replaced with canned)
- Semolina 100 g
- Almond flour 100 g (I blanched the roasted almonds and ground it in a coffee grinder)
- Milk 0.5 L
- Sugar 150 g (about ¾ cup)
- Egg 4 pcs
- Butter 30 g (+ a little more to lubricate the form)
- Salt on the tip of a knife
- Vanillin 1 tsp
- Icing sugar 2 tbsp
Pour semolina into boiling salted milk in a thin stream and cook on low heat, stirring for about 30 seconds. Add the butter.
Peaches cut into slices.
Beat eggs with sugar until weight increases at least 2 times.
Mix the almond flour, vanillin into the beaten eggs and pour the semolina mixture. Beat again.
Pour the resulting dough into a greased baking dish and decorate with peach slices. Generously sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Send to the oven to bake for 40 minutes at 200 degrees. It is best to take the klafuti out of the mold after cooling down, and serve it to the table - cooled.
Recipe 7: delicious clafoutis with raspberries.
- eggs - 2 pcs.
- fat sour cream (I have homemade) - 100 ml
- flour - 60 g
- sugar - 40 g
- baking powder - 1 tsp.
- raspberries (fresh or frozen) - 100 g
- powdered sugar for serving
- butter for lubrication
Beat eggs with a whisk until smooth.
Add sugar (vanilla sugar can be added if desired) and stir well again with a whisk or with a fork.
Add sour cream and mix.
Pour the sifted flour with baking powder in parts, mix well, so that the dough is homogeneous, without lumps.
The dough should turn out a little thicker than on pancakes.
Grease the baking dish with butter. Put the washed berries raspberries. For this dessert, you can also take frozen berries, first you need to defrost them, drain the released juice, and then use them for their intended purpose.
Pour raspberry dough. The dough should not fill the form by more than half, since when baking, claufou will rise very well.
Send the form to an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Klafuti will grow in volume and a beautiful, ruddy crust will appear on top. Serve immediately on the table until dessert has settled down. When serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar and garnish with raspberry berries.
Recipe 8: sweet strawberry clafouti
- 350 g strawberry butter (for form lubrication)
- 400 ml of milk
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 p. Vanilla sugar
- 4 tbsp. Sahara
At first I prepared the berries: cleaned and thoroughly washed from the sand.
I took the baking dish with removable edges, because the clafoutis are very delicate and difficult to get from the high tableware. The form was covered with parchment paper, the excess edges were cut off so that they did not interfere. The bottom and sides smeared with butter in a thick layer.
The first laid out berries. They should not be much. Then strawberries sprinkled with 1 tbsp. sugar, so she put a little juice.
At this time, prepared pouring. In a deep bowl, beat the eggs with the remaining sugar and vanilla sugar with a mixer.
Added flour to this mixture.
And the last one poured milk.
Filling turns liquid. The taste of something reminded me of vanilla ice cream.
In the form of strawberries poured milky egg mixture and put in a preheated oven.
Klafuti baked for 30 minutes. The main thing is that the mixture is frozen and not liquid.
Klafuti - a cascade of berry flavor
French desserts have always been very popular all over the world. These include claufti, which combines the qualities of cake and casseroles. It is quickly prepared and has a truly magical taste. The recipe of clafoutis includes not only cherries and cherries, but also any other fruits, for example, an apple, a pear, or a plum. And now let's consider step by step and with a photo cooking clafoutis at home in several interpretations.
Cherry tincture for clafoutis
For a 500 ml container, take:
- 5 large spoons of water
- Sugar - 150 g,
- Rum - 100 ml (not cheap),
- Cherry - 300 g (with stone),
- Clove - 4-5 pcs (optional),
- Cinnamon - 1-2 sticks (optional).
- Take a clean jar and put the berry in it tightly, but do not squeeze,
- Add sugar in water, boil on a weak flame until it is completely dissolved,
- Remove syrup from heat, pour in rum and add to jar with berry. If you wish, put a clove and cinnamon,
- We put the bank in a dark place for at least 2 weeks.
After 8-10 months, this tincture must be used completely. Do not close the metal lid, because after some time it will have an unpleasant taste of metal.
This gorgeous dessert can be cooked with any berries. A vivid example is the recipe for clafouti with plums from Julia Vysotskaya. Your family and friends will love it, and your family will enjoy this dish with pleasure.
Ingredients for four servings:
- Large plums - 6 pcs.
- Cream - 150 ml,
- Wheat flour - 2 tablespoons,
- Butter butter - 1 small spoon,
- 4 eggs,
- Powdered sugar - 3 small spoons,
- Brown sugar - 1 teaspoon.
- We heat up the oven to a temperature of 200 degrees,
- From the plum, remove the bones, cut into slices,
- We heat the ceramic container with butter, put our plums into it so that the bottom is covered, sprinkle with sugar,
- Beat the eggs with icing sugar to make a fluffy mass, then add cream and continue to beat,
- We add flour, without stopping to beat the dough, and cover our plums with it,
- We send the cake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes,
- Ready masterpiece you need to cool a little, then you can start to use it.
Many people know and love charlotte. Clafuti with apples is very similar to it, but it contains less flour. And in combination with cognac and raisins it turns out an exquisite dish in French style that pleases not only the eye, but also delivers an indescribable taste delight.
To prepare 6 servings you will need the following products:
- 100 g flour and sugar,
- Apples and eggs - 4 each,
- Milk - 300 ml,
- Cognac or other flavored alcohol - 3 large spoons,
- Vanillin - 1 pc,
- Raisin - 80 g,
- A pinch of salt.
- Soak the raisins in alcohol for a while. If the cake will be used by children, then it is better to add just raisins,
- Pre-sifted flour combine with a pinch of salt and sugar,
- In the same capacity, slowly pour the milk and gently mix to eliminate the formation of lumps. We drive in the testicles, pour vanillin for a pleasant aroma and knead the mixture with a mixer until a fluffy uniform consistency,
- We wash the apples, peel and cut into thin slices,
- We coat the butter with a form, put apples into it and sprinkle with raisins. Cognac can be added to the dough for piquancy. Fill our apples with dough and move the mold to the oven for baking for 45 minutes at 180 degrees,
- Ready culinary masterpiece we take out and cover with a towel so that it gets cold,
- You can also cook a pie with a pumpkin, which is cut into small thin slices by hand, or in a food processor. It will turn out not less tasty and nutritious.
As you have noticed, the process of cooking this dish is not time consuming. This culinary masterpiece will especially delight those who follow the figure, a lower flour content than other cakes.