To update the image of the woman often perform staining. But chemical dyes damage hair, impairing appearance. Therefore, natural components are considered to be in demand. Popularly Basmo hair coloring. Reviews show the effectiveness of this tool. This is a plant black dye. But in order for the curls to not turn green, henna should also be used. Details of the use of components are presented in the article.
What it is?
Basma is a natural dye created from the powder of dry leaves of an indigofer tree. The advantage is naturalness, so that the natural acid balance of the scalp is not disturbed. The use of dye is safe, and the result of the procedure will be able to please even fans of professional paint. According to reviews, Basma is perfectly combined with other natural dyes, giving beautiful shades.
According to reviews, Basma is much better than chemical dyes, because it does not damage the hair structure. Enough to use effective recipes to get the right shade. Basma in comparison with artificial dyes has the following advantages:
- It contains vitamin C, firming and nourishing the strands. With it the hair will have a healthy shine.
- Natural substance has a nourishing effect, accelerates hair growth.
The use of natural dye strengthens the roots, eliminates dandruff. Favored coloring gray hair Basmoy. Reviews show that after the procedure, the curls become elastic and soft. This will result in a natural color with an attractive sheen. The use of henna and basma will eliminate the problem of loosing hair. The dry and broken strands appear healthy.
Not everyone knows how to get the right color. To do this, you need to know the rules of painting hair. From the implementation of simple tips depends on the positive effect. Vegetable paint is a landscaper. In order not to get blue or green color, painting with henna and basma should be done in a complex. It should be remembered that if a plant dye has already been applied, basma staining will give an unpredictable result.
If the hair is dry, care must be taken. Dyeing gray curls with henna and basma should be done with olive oil (1 spoon). Otherwise, the strands will be dried out, become brittle, lose the brightness of the color. After coloring the hair should not be washed for 2-3 days. This is necessary to consolidate the results and disclosure of the shade. Vegetable dye has a drying effect, so you should not wash your hair every day. It is desirable to first paint one strand, and if you like the result, you can proceed to full coloring.
How is henna and basma stained? Reviews confirm that you first need to decide on a shade. The proportion of substances added and the duration of the procedure will depend on this. To get a light shade, the coloring should be carried out for half an hour. And to gain black color, the duration of the procedure is 1.5-2 hours.
To obtain the coloring of the need to use dishes from porcelain. It is undesirable to use metal ware, it is difficult to wash them. Gloves should be used as the dyes enter into the skin and are difficult to clean. For the procedure will require cream. It is applied to the skin to protect against dyes. Paint is applied by brush in layers. From above put on a package or a cap from polyethylene.
Water should not be above 80 degrees, otherwise it will adversely affect the dye. After putting on the cap, fix it with a towel. If after the procedure the result is not pleased, you can re-perform it after 14-21 days. To get a light shade, you need rinsing with water and lemon juice.
What affects staining?
As reviews show, hair dyeing with henna and basma will have a positive effect if used correctly. Also, the result depends on:
- Natural hair color.
- Water temperature to create a mixture. If it is cold, the process will be long.
- Patterns of curls. Thin, dry, bleached curls are easier to stain.
- The duration of the procedure. The longer the coloring, the brighter the shade.
- The ratio of natural ingredients.
The brightness of the color is reduced by using masks based on olive oil. It is necessary to put them on dirty dry curls for 30 minutes, and then rinse with shampoo. To get the desired result, you need to perform repeated procedures.
To eliminate the red tone after henna, you need to perform staining with black powder. To maintain the saturation of color in 1.5 liters of boiling water add 50 g of basma. The tool is filtered and cooled. Can be rinsed.
Options for combining components
According to reviews, henna and basma can be used separately and together. These 2 ways give different results. For separate staining, henna is used first, and then black vegetable paint. All components are prepared before the procedure. But the consistency of the mixture of red composition should be thicker. After the procedure, the curls should be washed with warm water. The hue depends on the duration of the coloring:
- Blonde - 20 minutes.
- Chestnut - 60-90.
- Black - 2-3 hours.
The mixture must be prepared before painting. The powder must be ground, pour hot water. The tool must be thoroughly mixed. Then you need to put it on a small fire, stirring, you want to bring to a boil. Immediately after boiling, the composition must be removed from the stove. If everything is done correctly, the consistency of the mixture will be similar to liquid sour cream.
The black dye is rapidly thickening. Therefore, its consistency should be thinner. Regularly it is necessary to add a little hot water. It is necessary to determine if there is enough mixture. If the hair is long and thick, then more solution is required.
The mixture must be applied to the curls. Wrap head is not required. You need to cover with a towel to get a black tone. Then everything is washed off with warm water. If the shade turns out to be saturated, then you can wash your hair with soap. Lighten them out with rinsing with citric acid. Dye washed off for a long time. If the dye gave a green tone, then the hair should be washed with soap and rinsed. For 15 minutes you need to apply henna.
Can be used together with henna and basma for hair. Reviews confirm the effectiveness of this method. In the capacity of phosphorus need to pour the components in the amount of 50-200 g. They are poured with hot water until you get a homogeneous mixture. It should be a thick remedy. The hue depends on the ratio of the components.
You can get the following tones:
- Chestnut is created with a uniform number of components.
- Blonde is created at a 1: 2 ratio. And the duration of the procedure is half an hour.
- Light blond is obtained at a ratio of 1: 3, and the coloring takes 60 minutes.
- Black tone can be obtained with a ratio of 1: 3, and the duration is 3-4 hours.
After dyeing, do not use shampoo for 3 days. This time is necessary for fixing the result.
With dyeing black hair after henna, the tone does not change, it turns out copper. Chestnut color using henna and basma at home can be achieved with the help of thick gruel. The duration of staining is 1.5 hours. Hard strands need to be relaxed. To do this, in the hydrogen peroxide 5% (30-40 g), you need to add liquid soap (1 tsp.) And ammonia (6-8 drops). It is necessary to moisten the strands, and after 30 minutes apply henna.
As the reviews show, Basma allows you to eliminate gray hair. First used red, and then black paint. If at the first stage some vegetable paint is added, the result will be the most colored. To get additional shades, you need to use natural dyes with decoctions of various components. Onion peel allows you to get a brown shade of warm colors, and sea buckthorn and tansy - yellow, raspberry - red, linden - chestnut.
Recipes with natural ingredients
According to reviews, basmma hair coloring allows you to get different shades, if the component is mixed with other natural dyes. The following shades are considered in demand:
- Bordeaux. Beet juice should be heated to 60 degrees, and then add henna packet to it. Similar effect has karkade tea.
- "The Red tree". Henna must be diluted in preheated Cahors. You can get a similar effect with the addition of cranberry juice. Before the procedure, the hair should be moistened and dried.
- Chocolate. It will take copper and black dye in the amount of 1: 2. Coloring lasts 1.5-2 hours. With light blond hair, the procedure should be carried out 2-3 times.
- Golden red. Henna need to pour broth pharmacy chamomile. In the water (1 cup) is added 1-2 tbsp. l plants. The composition must be infused, and then it must be filtered. Preheat better to 75-90 degrees.
- Chestnut. In the mixture, you must add ground coffee (1 teaspoon) for 25 g of powder. You can create a pale chestnut tint if you use cocoa instead of coffee.
Advantages and disadvantages
Reviews about basma confirm the effective action of natural dyes. In addition, they do not have a negative effect on the structure of curls. Coloring with henna and basma is not harmful to the skin. Natural paint is much cheaper professional, the main thing is to choose the appropriate color and carry out the procedure according to the rules.
But, as the reviews show, the Basmo coloring has some drawbacks. There is a possibility of overdrying of the scalp, if you do not adhere to the recommendations on the procedure. Not everyone gets the desired color. Chemical paint allows you to get an approximate tone, which is shown in the picture. Therefore, you have to perform procedures more than once, until you get the desired shade. You can perform the procedure only on hair that was not previously painted.
Although, according to reviews, coloring by basmoy is safe, after all, hair dyeing requires quality care. It is advisable to use tint conditioners, shampoos and balms. They will fix a new color for a long time.
Shampoos and balms hide the difference between regrown roots and dyed hair. Because regular washing gradually eliminates shade, so you should not wash your hair every day. It is necessary to choose shampoos with the sparing components which will keep a saturation of color, and also will clear hair of pollution.
Be sure to always use professional tools. They can be used only the first 2 weeks, and then you can go back to the usual. It is useful to use products with almond oil, flax oil, proteins, therapeutic extracts and panthenol. This composition will strengthen the structure of the curls.
In a week, 2 times you need to perform masks, thanks to which the hair structure is restored. Improves the effect of heat, so you need to put on a film over the mixtures and warm it with a hairdryer. If a curling iron is used to create hairstyles, it is imperative to use thermal protective agents. From the negative impact on the curls will help indelible protective cream.
Thus, basmu staining is effective, you just need to follow the basic rules of procedure. A suitable shade may come after a few treatments. And to secure the result and prevent the harmful effects of extraneous factors will help effective care products.
Benefits of henna:
1. Henna can dye hair from golden to deep red or deep chestnut color (it all depends on the initial color of the woman’s hair and the time the dye is used). Due to the extremely natural, natural composition of the paint, it contains a huge amount of essential oils and nutrients, making hair dyeing is not only harmless, but also useful.
2. Henna enables a woman to cope with any hair problems. It helps to restore shine to dull hair, restore vitality and strengthen brittle hair, restoring and strengthening the structure. The beneficial substances of henna affect not only the hair itself, but also the bulb, so with frequent use and treatment of hair with henna, it accelerates the growth process, eliminates dandruff, gives natural shine and improves the appearance of hair. In addition, when dyeing with henna, there remains a microfilm on the hair, which visually increases each hair, due to which the hairstyle becomes more voluminous. Henna protects hair from the harmful effects of sunlight, wind and frost.
Positive properties of Basma
With the help of Basma, you can dye your hair in dark brown, black and blue-black. If henna can be used singly for hair coloring, then Basma should be used only in combination with henna, since one basma will color the hair in a bog-green color. Henna and Basma They have similar properties: Basma improves the structure, heals hair, makes it smooth and shiny, and has a beneficial effect on the scalp and onions. Basma is recommended for women with particular sensitivity to chemical coloring elements, as it does not cause an allergic reaction.
Possible problems when using:
1. Basma and henna It is recommended to dye only natural hair, because during application henna and basma on already dyed hair can give a chemical reaction, which will produce a very unexpected result. And, similarly, if a woman has a desire to color after Basma and henna with other chemical dyes, she will first have to wait for her hair to grow back.
2. When dyeing with henna, it is impossible to calculate exactly what the resulting hair color will turn out, therefore, it is not always for girls who first time dye their hair with henna or basma like the final result. It all depends on the original color, on the proportions, on the time the paint is held on the hair. Mostly, only women who have good experience and constantly use henna and basma for dyeing get the desired result.
3. If the proportions of the combination of henna and basma are not chosen correctly, there is a risk of getting a greenish or bluish tinge on the hair.
4. Basma and henna, like any paint, eventually losing the brightness of its color. With dyed hair, after a few months, the paint begins to wash off, and the hair can become blue-violet or red. That is why, after some time, the hair should be re-painted over the entire length.
5. Inconvenience to use. First, the duration of staining takes a very long time. Secondly, Basma and henna are rather hard to wash off the hair, because the paint is grass chopped into powder, it is very poorly washed and after the first washing of the head it will still partially remain on the hair, and not washed particles will gradually crumble from clean dry hair.
6. Smell. Dyed basma and henna hair at first have a not too pleasant, special smell.
When choosing a hair dye product, you should consider all its pros and cons. Basma and henna - safe and useful for hair, the best way to care for them. But there is a risk in obtaining color, and a lot of other minuses, so you should think about whether to give preference to natural natural herbs or still opt for the usual chemical paint.
New vs proven by time
According to historical data, the first time such a dye became known in the 7th century BC. Then Eastern women used it not only to give a shade to curls, but also as a mask to strengthen them.
What is Basma? It is a powder that is obtained from the leaves of a tree called "indigofer". It is noteworthy that the saturated blue dye, known to us under the tone “indigo”, is also made of them.
Outwardly, such a product has an unattractive appearance at all - the usual blue-green powder. But it is he who has a lot of advantages:
- Naturalness Nothing extra in the composition. It is this characteristic is often the main for those women who want to look attractive, but are allergic to chemicals. In this case, indigosphere powder is ideal. It rarely causes undesirable reactions and is safe in almost all cases.
- Recovery. For dry hair - just a necessity. Chemical compositions will make such strands even more dry and brittle, but on the contrary Basma will give them a healthy shine and radiance.
- Increased growth. This paint also affects hair follicles, activating their growth. Double the effect can add a small amount of burdock oil.
- Dandruff removal. Due to the aggressive effects of chemical dyes, the sebaceous glands of the scalp may be impaired, leading to dandruff. It can be very difficult to get rid of it, especially if staining with modern paints is systematic. Басма не нарушает природный pH кожи головы, и не вызывает раздражений и шелушения, тем самым помогая постепенно справиться с неприятной проблемой.
- Увеличение объема. Отличный бонус для обладательниц тонких и редких локонов.
- Длительное сохранение цвета. 1.5-2 месяца вы сможете наслаждаться красивыми переливами. But after this time, it is necessary to resort to staining again, since a blue or red tint may appear.
But this natural remedy and cons are not without. And which ones:
- Use only for natural hair. On dyed strands, the powder may produce an unexpected chemical reaction.
- Experience Those who first use natural dyes, after washing off, may be unhappy with the result. After all, it depends on two main factors: the selected proportions and the exposure time. Therefore, the first attempts may not be entirely successful.
- The need to use a pair. Basma itself can give a greenish tone. If you do not want unpleasant surprises, it is better to mix it with henna. The same effect can occur in the case of the use of "stale" paint.
- Difficulties with flushing. Since the powder is made from ground leaves, small particles can wash out poorly. And the rest will be some time to crumble with dry strands.
As for contraindications, then:
- Basma is not recommended to be used on fully and even partially colored hair in order to avoid the appearance of a green tint,
- should not be used more often than once a month, as this can lead to excessive dryness of the strands and their increased sensitivity to the components of the coloring composition,
- Care must be taken when using for light curls due to the risk of gray after washing out.
How to paint the curls with the help of Basma? Let's understand the intricacies. First, pay attention to the expiration date. If it is normal, but the powder is lumpy and moist to the touch, it is better to refuse to use it.
To obtain a rich chestnut tone, you need to mix basma and henna in equal quantities, pour boiling water on it, stir it and make a lot of consistency resembling thick cream. Apply over the entire length and leave for 1.5-2 hours, then rinse thoroughly.
Black with red tides will work out if you combine basma and henna in a 2: 1 ratio, pour in water, and then add 2 tbsp. beet juice. The procedure takes 1-2 hours.
To effectively paint gray hair, you first need to paint it with henna, and after basma. The shorter the last exposure time, the brighter the tone.
If the result was not quite expected, and the strands became darker than we would like, you can use a simple trick - wash them with soap or lemon juice. This will help lighten them up a bit.
Due to the liquid consistency, the product can drain (this problem is particularly relevant for owners of short haircuts). To prevent this from happening, some glycerin or oil can be added to the diluted powder.
Try, experiment, enjoy.
Tested over millennia
In ancient times, only men were allowed to dye their hair: Assyrian kings enthusiastically made themselves various hairstyles and grew long beards. Only the most fortunate commanders were allowed to imitate them, which certainly stimulated new victories of this warlike people. Assyrian clay tables have come down to us, which list a long list of plants with which they dyed their hair, but modern botanists could only recognize cinnamon laurel and leek. The African tribes had the same customs: the new hair color symbolized the victory over the lion. They were painted more often with ocher, but sometimes they used ashes with added fat, because of which the hair became white. The sight of black blondes was long confusing to the first European explorers of Africa.
For the first time, women were allowed to change their appearance in ancient Egypt - they painted wigs that were supposed to be worn on shaved heads. With the help of henna, different colors were achieved - from straw to dark copper, she also painted beautiful patterns on her hands.
Entering into the taste, Egyptian women tested a popular dye - Basma, which was brought from India and China. He was very expensive and served as an unofficial indicator of wealth: it was used by both women and men, and also dyed hair for children and wool for pets.
Pantry of nature
Lawsonia leaves, from which the popular dye is obtained, contain many essential oils and tannins, therefore henna is very useful: strengthens and heals hair, heals hair roots affected by chemical dyes or improper care, protects from the sun’s harmful effects, stops hair loss , helps to eliminate dandruff. Interestingly, henna does not penetrate into the hair structure when dyeing, but stains them for a long time, almost like dye. It contains substances that tighten the outer scaly layer of hair and give a noticeable shine. You can use only fresh leaves, they are yellowish-green, and old henna acquires a reddish tint and becomes unusable.
Indigofore receive a basma from the leaves of a tropical plant so long ago that historians have recognized it as the most ancient dye. By the way, it was Basma who painted the first jeans and it was in honor of her that a saturated shade of blue color - indigo - was called.
The remarkable cosmetological properties of Basma were discovered in antiquity. It is noted that it stimulates hair growth and gives them a natural shine, improves the hair structure and strengthens the roots, eliminates dandruff. If henna can be used without adding other ingredients, then henna will certainly be added to the basma, otherwise the hair will turn a green, “frogish” color.
Equal parts of henna and basma will give chestnut color, 1 part henna and 2 parts basma - black, 2 parts henna and 1 part basma - a bronze shade.
Myself a hairdresser
Most hairdressers do not recommend washing their hair before dyeing. An exception to this rule is made only if the hair is very dirty or abundantly covered with varnish. In this case, you can wash your head, trying to apply shampoo only on the hair, without touching the skin. Air conditioning can not be used.
To the skin next to the scalp is not stained, lubricate it with petroleum jelly or fat cream.
Mix the henna with the selected ingredients, carefully rub it until a homogeneous mass is obtained. Add the desired liquid (water, infusion of carcade, etc.), heated to 80 degrees. It should be a mass of the same thickness as sour cream. Leave it to cool to 40-50 degrees (this is about 3-4 minutes).
In order not to stain the skin of the hands, wear gloves and with a brush apply the mixture to the hair as evenly as possible, strand by strand, from root to tip. It is necessary to act quickly so that the solution does not get cold. If the hair is long, put a bowl of paint in a large-sized dish and pour hot water there. To color the ends of the hair, dilute the henna grub with hot water and soak them in this solution. Lift the treated hair and fasten it with a barrette on the crown. Wrap polyethylene over the head and a terry towel over the top to keep warm.
Cons of dyeing hair with henna and basma
On chemical dyed hair, henna and basma behave unpredictably, so you have to wait until dyed hair grows back. The same applies to chemical perm.
Henna and Basma coloring usually lasts for several months, but can gradually acquire a red or blue-violet hue, therefore it is necessary to tint the hair in time to maintain the desired color.