Sorcerers is a dish of Belarusian cuisine, which is a potato cake with a filling (most often of meat) and looks like more popular pancakes.
The same name is in Lithuanian and Polish national cuisines, but there it denotes a slightly different snack - a kind of dumplings with a very thin dough. But we will be talking about a more native and familiar Belarusian version.
Sorcerers are prepared quite easily. Typically, the basis of a kind of dough is the so-called bladed mass, that is, raw potatoes, which are rubbed and then freed from the juice, that is, squeezed. But some use boiled and crushed mass, that is, boiled and mashed potatoes. Both that, and other option is quite admissible.
How to cook?
How to cook delicious sorcerers? Below are a few recipes.
Make simple sorcerers with minced meat. To do this you will need:
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 1 cup flour,
- 1 egg
- three onions,
- 500 grams of minced meat,
- pepper and salt to taste
- cooking oil for frying,
- any broth for quenching.
- Potatoes need to be cleaned, washed and grated on a small or special potato grater. Next, squeeze it well to remove all the juice. Juice can be allowed to stand for a while to make the remaining starch stand out. It can also be added to grated potatoes.
- Combine the potato mass with flour and egg to make a rather dense, but elastic dough.
- Now do the stuffing. Peel and finely chop the onion, lightly fry in vegetable oil until transparent.
- Combine minced meat with onion, salt and pepper, mix well until smooth.
- Take a small portion of potato dough, form a flat cake and put a little stuffing in its center. Wrap the stuffing and press the future sorcerer with palms on both sides so that it turns out to be quite flat. Also form the remaining cakes.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Cook all the sorcerers on each side until golden brown.
- Now boil the broth in a saucepan, put sorcerers in it, cover them with a lid and simmer for about 20 minutes on low heat.
The sorcerers of potatoes with mushrooms are also delicious, this combination is very successful!
Here is what you need:
- 6 large potatoes
- 5 tablespoons of flour,
- 1 onion,
- pepper and salt to taste
- cooking oil for frying.
- Potatoes need to be peeled and grated. Then squeeze it well and mix it with flour. The dough is ready.
- Take care of the filling. To do this, clean the onion and finely chop with a knife. Wash mushrooms and cut into small pieces. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions with the mushrooms.
- Separate part of the dough, make a cake, put some stuffing in it and close it to make a cake again. Make the rest of the sorcerers in the same way.
- It remains only to fry all the sorcerers in the pan on each side for about five minutes, that is, until an appetizing golden hue.
Surprisingly, sorcerers can play the role of dessert, if they are sweet and with a fruit or berry filling, Belarusian cuisine fully admits this option.
So, for the preparation of delicious sorcerers with cherries you will need:
- 6 medium sized potatoes
- about 1.5 cups of cherry
- a glass of sugar
- half a glass of flour,
- 1 egg
- cooking oil for frying.
- First you can cook the dough. To do this, as usual, peel the potatoes and grate, mix with flour and egg, add about a third of a cup of sugar, so that the dough is also sweet.
- Now go to the stuffing. Cherry should be washed and freed from the bones.
- Separate the first portion of dough, make a loaf, put a few cherries in the center and sprinkle them with sugar (then in the process of cooking they will give juice, which will also soak the whole dough). Wrap the stuffing, form a slightly flattened sorcerer. Make the rest of the sorcerers.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the sorcerers on both sides until golden brown. And so that they do not stick (this is possible due to the presence of sugar in the dough), it is better to use a frying pan with a non-stick or ceramic coating.
- Ready, enjoy the dessert!
- So that the meat is fully cooked during frying, and not left raw in the middle of the filling, you can pre-fry it with onions. But some recipes suggest further quenching, and this also allows for full heat treatment.
- You can cook sorcerers not only in the pan, but also in the oven, then they will be more gentle and useful (do not forget to grease the pan with butter).
- Serve sorcerers best hot, and preferably with sour cream or, for example, with sour cream and garlic sauce. And you can decorate them with parsley and dill.
- Sorcerers do not require a side dish, but you can serve them with a salad or vegetables.
- As a filling, you can also use vegetables, for example, cabbage, and both stewed and stewed.
Be sure to use the simple recipes of Belarusian sorcerers!
- Potatoes 1 Kilogram
- Minced 300 Grams
+ onion and garlic optional
- Salt and pepper To taste
- Vegetable oil To taste
- Egg 1 Piece
1. Wash meat (pork + beef - ideally), mince with onions and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly.
2. Peel and grate potatoes. Beat in the egg, add salt and pepper, mix thoroughly.
3. Transfer to a colander to drain excess liquid.
4. Take some potatoes and make a flat cake. Place mince in the center. Gently close up to make a chop.
5. Put the "Sorcerers" in the pan with hot oil and fry on high heat until golden brown on both sides.
6. Then you can reduce the heat, cover the pan with a lid and bring to readiness. Or shift to heat-resistant form.
7. Cover with foil and send to an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 25-35 minutes. Enjoy your meal!
Cooking Potato Dough
Potatoes rubbed or crushed in a blender.
The liquid is pressed using gauze. Gathered at the bottom of the starch is also important to collect and add to the dough.
Consider the traditional option:
Minced meat is prepared (meat is passed through a meat grinder or finely minced).
Onions are skipped with meat through a meat grinder, grated on a grater or very finely chopped.
Mushroom filling option:
The use of both fresh and dried mushrooms is allowed: fresh, finely chopped, dried soaked first, boiled and then chopped.
Finely minced onions.
Put on it the shaped cakes with the filling.
Roasting occurs in three ways:
fry first on a large fire on each side, and then on a weak,
they are fried on both sides at maximum heat until ruddy, and then stewed for about 20-25 minutes in an oven at 200 ° C,
- 300 g minced pork and beef meat,
- 7-8 large potatoes
- 1 onion,
- 2 eggs,
- 1.5-2 tablespoons of flour,
- vegetable oil,
- salt, ground pepper,
- sour cream.
Peel potatoes and grate finely.
Add flour, eggs, salt, pepper to it and stir.
Mince also pepper and salt, mix with finely chopped onion.
Place the potato dough pellets into a frying pan, heated in vegetable oil.
In the center of the cake put a little stuffing.
Top close the pancake with another potato pancake and close the edges.
Fry over high heat on both sides until golden brown.
Then turn down the heat, cover and cook for about 7 minutes.
How to cook real Belarusian sorcerers?
finely, add, potato, also, about, crushed, dough, sides, first, lay out, then, potatoes, other, sorcerers, skipped, through, minced meat, meat grinder, can, rubbed
Sorcerers are dumplings made from potato dough and meat filling. They are considered a folk dish of the Belarusian cuisine, have similarities with pancakes, stuffed with meat (or mushrooms) and served with sour cream.
Ingredients for “Wizards in Belarusian”:
- Potatoes - 1 kg
- Chicken Egg - 1 pc
- Wheat flour / Flour - 1 stack.
- Onions (small) - 4 pcs
- Salt (in mince and potatoes) - to taste
- Black pepper (minced) - to taste
- Broth (which is more to your liking (I have chicken))
- Minced meat (I have pork) - 500 g
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
Time for preparing: 80 minutes
Recipe "Sorcerers in Belarusian":
We take large potatoes, and clean
Ideally, three on a potato grater, but I was too lazy and rubbed on a small cheese, which is also quite appropriate
Next, squeeze the grated potato through gauze folded in several layers. should get a dry mass
Potato juice squeezed into a separate bowl. after it is settled a little, we merge it, and starch should remain on the bottom
Here we add this starch to our pressed potatoes
Sprinkle a glass of flour, one chicken egg, salt and knead our potato masses.
Finely chop four onions and divide in half. one part raw we add to mince immediately
Fry another part of the onion and add it to our mince
Here is our stuffing. memorable pepper and salt to taste
Take our potato mass and knead it in the form of a pancake, which lay our stuffing
We form such a witch :)
Lightly fry our sorcerers
Fried sorcerers fold into a saucepan, pour broth that used broth closed our sorcerers, and if required, add salting. set on fire and boil for 30 minutes after boiling. Who loves can be baked in the oven.
Here they are. I just want to put a piece in my mouth.
I would be glad if you rate and comment on the recipe, and if you cook, share your impressions.
Thank you in advance and Bon appetit.
Subscribe to the Cook group in Contact and get ten new recipes every day!
Join our group in Odnoklassniki and get new recipes every day!
Share the recipe with friends:
Photos of "Sorcerers in Belarusian" from cooked (8)
Comments and reviews
July 23, 2017 Grandma13 #
July 9, 2017 Tato-sha #
July 1, 2017 maraki84 #
June 17, 2017 iren0511 #
June 18, 2017 Verav-83 # (author of the recipe)
April 23, 2017 saveliy3005 #
April 23, 2017 Verav-83 # (author of the recipe)
March 6, 2017 margo2911 #
February 25, 2017 AnnGie #
January 20, 2017 raeckaya59 #
January 20, 2017 Verav-83 # (author of the recipe)
January 20, 2017 raeckaya59 #
November 16, 2016 BENJA #
November 16, 2016 Verav-83 # (author of the recipe)
July 14, 2017 mishunya #
November 16, 2016 BENJA #
September 21, 2016 Gisss #
April 29, 2016 tania 84ru #
May 14, 2016 Verav-83 # (author of the recipe)
May 14, 2016 tania 84ru #
February 14, 2016 budja #
February 11, 2016 Benedici #
February 12, 2016 Verav-83 # (author of the recipe)
February 5, 2016 111energo #
February 5, 2016 Verav-83 # (author of the recipe)
Leave a comment or a recipe review
Sign up, or log in if you have already registered.
You can log in to the site without registering and entering a password using your account on the following sites:
If you are not satisfied with something in a new design - write your comments so that we can fix it.
Login without registration
You can login to this site.
under your name.
Preparation of dishes step by step with a photo:
The recipe for sorcerers includes simple and readily available ingredients: potatoes, minced meat (I have pork), onions, garlic, dill, seasoning for potatoes and minced meat (you can not use or take other suitable spices), water, refined vegetable (I sunflower oil), pol and ground black pepper.
First, prepare the minced meat for the Belarusian witches. In the original, twisted pork of medium fat content is used (approximately 70% of meat is ideally 70% of fat for us), but you can take any other meat. Put the mince into a bowl, add seasoning to it, if you like, salt and pepper to taste, finely chopped fresh dill, as well as onions and garlic, which must be chopped in any convenient way. I rub on the smallest grater, as my homemade do not like onion slices in food. There we pour 100 milliliters of cold water - it will add juiciness to the filling.
All thoroughly mixed. We try on salt and, if necessary, dosol.
Now we shift the stuffing into the package, we tie it up and beat 100 times on the table. Just don't throw it with force, otherwise the package may break. With this method, the stuffing will be more tender and juicy. Put it in the fridge for now.
Meanwhile we clean and wash the potatoes.
After that, grind it on the smallest grater-shingles. I have such a nozzle in a food processor, but earlier I used a hand grater - it was long and tiring, and now a full bowl of shing is ready in a couple of minutes.
Potato shingles need to be pressed, for which we put a large bowl or pan on the table, insert a sieve or colander into it and put a piece of gauze to be folded in 3-4 layers. In parts, we put raw mashed potatoes in gauze and, twisting the ends, squeeze out the potato juice.
Squeezed mashed potatoes should not be too dry - it should feel moisture. But at the same time, the basis for potato dough should not be liquid. Thus we squeeze all the shingles.
Potato juice is still left in a bowl so that the donkey has potato starch on the bottom - we will need it in the dough.
After a couple of minutes, pour out the potato juice (it will not be needed), and at the bottom we see starch.
Add this starch to the squeezed potato mass. There we pour seasoning for potatoes and salt.
Thoroughly mix all the hands so that the starch is evenly distributed on potato dough. It turns out not dry, the moisture is felt, but at the same time the dough keeps its shape and does not creep away.
We divide the potato mass into pieces of the same size. I blinded 10 pieces to the size of the baking dish.
Minced meat, which has already had time to relax in the refrigerator, is also divided into equal portions by the number of potato blanks.
Undoubtedly, it is most convenient to sculpt sorcerers in my hands (I do), but in the photo I will show you how it looks on a plate. So, take one ball of potato dough and finely flatten it into a flat cake.
In the center we put the meat patty.
After that, it remains to carefully wrap the meat stuffing in potato dough. If the potato coat breaks - it is not scary: just tear off a piece and close the hole with it. Using palms, compact the workpiece so that it becomes smooth and even. Thus we form all the potato sorcerers. A part can be sent to the freezer, and a part can be prepared immediately - see for yourself.
Pour a sufficient amount of odorless vegetable oil into the pan, warm it well. Put the first portion of the sorcerers, so that they do not touch each other, and fry over medium heat until a beautiful and ruddy lower crust is formed. It will take 5-6 minutes.
Then turn the sorcerers with a spatula and, similarly, turn the other side red. Remove from the pan and prepare the other sorcerers in the same way.
It is clear that the stuffing inside remained raw, so the Belarusian sorcerers need to be brought to readiness. This can be done directly on the stove (put out the sorcerers in a uatyana or cauldron) or in the oven. To do this, we put the cutlets in a baking dish (I lay it with food foil so that it would be easier and faster to wash the dishes) in one layer or in another suitable dish. Pour a glass of boiling water (you can use vegetable, chicken or meat broth) - so the sorcerers do not have time to cool down and get ready much faster.
Tighten the form with foil and put in a hot oven (for half an hour we turn on the heat) to an average level. We cook Belarusian sorcerers at 200 degrees under the foil for 20-25 minutes, then remove the foil and bake them for another 10-15 minutes.
Well, that's all, fragrant, ruddy and juicy potato sorcerers are ready. Serve them hot with sour cream and fresh herbs.
If you like pancakes and potato dumplings, you will definitely appreciate magicians in Belarusian. From simple and trivial foods, you can easily cook such an interesting, tasty and hearty meal for the whole family. Olesya, thank you very much for the order and the opportunity to share the recipe with a traditional dish of our native Belarus! By the way, the plate does not fall on the photo - it is just oval :-)
The recipe of Belarusian sorcerers
Belarusian sorcerers - a popular national dish - grated potato burgers stuffed with minced meat. Dishes from potatoes are traditionally considered the basis of the Belarusian cuisine. Potatoes, or bulbs, are cooked in the most varied form. One of the most famous dishes - pancakes from grated raw potatoes. Belarusian sorcerers - another classic potato dish. Easy to prepare the meal turns out beautiful, tasty and satisfying. A minimum of products - and a great lunch or dinner is ready. Meals of the same name can also be found in the kitchens of many other countries. But there they are dumplings of various shapes.
Ingredients for dishes Wizards Belarusian
- Raw potatoes - 500 year
- Wheat flour - 0.5 cups
- Table Egg - 1 PC.
- Onion - 1 PC.
- Greenery - 20 year
- Garlic cloves - 2 PC.
- Ready seasoning - 1 Spoons
- Minced meat - 400 year
- Sour cream - 200 ml.
- Ghee - 50 year
- Water - 100 ml.
- Salt - - to taste
- Black pepper - - to taste
- Calorie - 151.7 kcal
- Squirrels - 9.2 year
- Fat - 6.7 year
- Carbohydrates - 13.7 year
Cooking dishes Wizards Belarusian step by step
Take a large enough potato (preferably with a high starch content), peel it.
Grate potatoes on the smallest grater or chop in a food processor.
Squeeze the obtained potato paste through a sieve over a bowl or using gauze folded in two layers. It turns out moderately wet mass.
Potato juice does not immediately pour out, but leave in a bowl and let it stand.
A piece of meat cut into pieces, convenient to scroll in a meat grinder.
Onion peel clean, cut.
Meat with onions to turn through a meat grinder.
Grind greens and garlic, add to mincemeat.
Season with mince as desired with ready-made fragrant mixture, salt and pepper.
Add a little water to the mincemeat and knead it well.
Carefully drain the potato juice in a bowl.
Add the remaining starch to the potato mass, salt.
Add grated flour to the grated potato and drive an egg, mix well.
It turned out two masses - potato and meat - for the formation of witches.
Divide the potato mass into equal portions of about 55-60 grams each.
Take turns from each portion to form a cake on the palm.
Put about a teaspoon with a pile of minced meat on a potato cake.
Connect the edges of the cakes with minced meat - it turns into a chop.
Generate in a similar way all the patties.
Heat the pan with melted butter.
Spread the chops, a little flattening, on the pan.
Fry cutlets on both sides for 10 minutes (you can cover for a while with a lid).
Fried meatballs put in a saucepan or other deep container. Pour them with broth or thin sour cream sauce. Salt and simmer for about 20 minutes. Can be baked in the oven.
Put ready-made sorcerers on a la carte plates and serve as a separate dish with sour cream, herbs, vegetables.
As an option - you can add sorcerers with vegetable salad.
Thanks to this great recipe, we learned how to make Belarusian Wizards.