Does your car smell unpleasant? Do not worry, it can happen to anyone. Causes of smell can be mass. For example, the presence of mold, a long stay in the car eating, travel with pets and children, smoking in the cabin and so on. We will tell how to get rid of the arisen trouble without use of chemistry.
What is wrong with chemicals?
It would seem, why complicate your life? Indeed, in the stores presented a huge selection of various tools that promise to get rid of the unpleasant smell in the car. That's just the majority of them consists of artificial fragrances and potent chemicals that are not needed to effectively remove odors.
In addition, these tools can cause severe headaches and even cause allergic reactions. The likelihood of such unpleasant symptoms increases when driving with the windows closed.
Similarly, it is not recommended to return the "smell of a new car." Few know that in fact it consists of a number of chemicals that emit gases inside the car. Those, in turn, create a dense atmosphere of chemical particles. They will be forced to inhale the driver and passengers of the car. Needless to say that there is nothing useful in this?
That is why it is better to give preference to natural products that will cope with the task no worse. The most commonly used soda, vinegar, coal, coffee, cat litter.
No need to take your car to a professional to get rid of the unpleasant smell in the cabin. Everything can be done independently, following our advice.
The first step is to open all the windows and doors of the car. Fresh air helps to remove many odors. At the same time it is important to remember one rule: it is not necessary to air the car under the open sunlight. Put the car in the shade or take time to clean in the morning or in the evening.
The next thing you need to do is get your car clean. Get all the unnecessary things you can see. And here's a little hint: as a rule, a lot of garbage accumulates in the following places:
- under the seats
- in the seat pockets,
- in the glove compartment
- under floor mats
- in the holder for glasses.
It is important to remove all unnecessary from the car! Even if you plan to keep some things in it (for example, a toy), they need to be pulled out at the time of cleaning, and then you can put it back.
By the way, if you have a child and you use a car seat, do not forget to get it. First of all, a lot of garbage can accumulate there too. Secondly, it will facilitate the next step.
So, the car is ventilated, all the big visible garbage is cleaned. It's time to remove all the little crumbs and dirt that are difficult to see. You have no idea how many microscopic particles accumulate in the seats, car mats, trunk, floor covering, and so on! The main goal of this step is to get rid of them.
You need to take a vacuum cleaner (no matter what: manual, home or car) and walk them over all surfaces. If you see strong dirt (for example, on the upholstery), it is better to first clean them with a small stiff brush.
Pet owners should pay particular attention to cleaning their pets' hair. For these purposes, there is a special nozzle on the vacuum cleaner.
It is important to vacuum every corner of the car. In hard-to-reach places, cracks and so on, special nozzles should be used.
After performing the previous steps, the car will become noticeably cleaner, and unpleasant odors may subside. But do not dwell on this. The next step is cleaning the surfaces.
There are many different chemicals that can make a car shine. But they can be replaced by natural substances. What is the point of spending more money for a similar effect?
Many people use vinegar to wipe car surfaces. In truth, this method raises some doubts. Perhaps this is only paranoia, but still I do not want to risk the panel and fear that it will crack or change color from the harsh effects of vinegar. In addition, there is a softer option.
To prepare it, you need to take a bottle with a pulverizator, fill it with water and add about 10 drops of soap. Spray the mixture onto the desired surface of the car and wipe with a soft cloth or microfiber cloth. Do not use paper towels! They are too hard and can scratch the surface.
Go ahead. Soda
Cleaning the cabin did not get rid of the unpleasant smell? We proceed to the following actions.
As practice shows, baking soda copes with the elimination of odors. It should be poured on the upholstery and carpets and leave for a few hours, and ideally - for the whole night. After that, you need to remove it with a vacuum cleaner.
If you want to add a pleasant scent to the car, you can put some favorite essential oils on the soda. 10-20 drops will suffice.
Soda can be used not only on upholstery and carpets, but also in other places: under the seats, in the trunk and so on. In all cases it is important to observe one thing: the surface must be dry! Otherwise, a lump will form from the soda and it will not work as effectively.
Activated charcoal can help get rid of mold and unpleasant odors. Unlike baking soda, it will not need to be cleaned, and the validity of the product reaches several years. But there are some nuances.
Do not scatter coal through the cabin. It has a black color that easily smears everything around. In order for the coal to absorb unpleasant odors, it must first be put in a cloth bag. And then these bags can be placed anywhere: in the trunk, under the seat, and so on.
Over time, coal begins to lose its neutralizing properties. To restore them, simply lay out the tablets in the sun and leave for a few hours.
If you adore the aroma of coffee, this way is for you. To get rid of the unpleasant smell, you must put the coffee beans in a bag or coffee grounds in a bowl and leave them in the car for the night.
What is cat litter for? Correctly, to neutralize the smell of cat excrement. So, it is able to eliminate other odors.
Cat litter is not recommended to scatter around the cabin, because then it will be quite difficult to remove. It is better to sew a small bag for it and then hide it in the trunk or under the seat.
Essential oils can be used not only to eliminate unpleasant odors, but also as a flavoring.
There are several ways to use them:
- Put a few drops of essential oils on a cotton ball and leave it somewhere in the car.
- Add a few drops of oil to the sprayer and use when the need arises.
- Use an oil diffuser. In this case there are also several options. The diffuser can be connected to the heating or ventilation openings. Simply add a few drops of your favorite fragrance to a special pillow. There are also diffusers that plug into a 12-volt plug (“cigarette lighter”) or a USB drive.
Unpleasant smell as an indicator of a car malfunction
It is noteworthy that the occurrence of a specific sugary smell in the cabin of the vehicle may indicate its malfunction. So, if there was gasoline odor in the air, the tank ventilation is likely to be clogged.
But the characteristic smell of burning is most dangerous for the car enthusiast, since it indicates burning wiring. And with her, as you know, jokes are bad. In this case, the driver needs to go to the service station to prevent more complex problems - faulty wiring can trigger a fire, and the car will flare up like a torch.
Caution - tobacco smoke!
But most often, motorists are faced with the disgusting smell of cigarette smoke - it literally eats into the velor seat upholstery. Also an extra stench adds an ashtray, in which, strictly speaking, the cigarette butts themselves are stored. Of course, smoking drivers do not smell the smell of tobacco smoke, but if they want to sell their vehicle, they are unlikely to be able to quickly find a buyer for it. A rare person will want to buy a smoked car.
All means are good
If the car enthusiast needs to get rid of the faint smell that got into the interior of the car from the outside, then he can get by with various flavors, as well as air fresheners. The latter sell in specialized shops in large abundance.
As for the specific smell that animals leave behind in the car, a special aerosol will help to combat it. She is also able to dull the smell of sweat and tobacco smoke. It is to blunt, because such funds do not eliminate the stench, but only temporarily suppress it.
Once and for all, get rid of the unpleasant smell in the cabin of the vehicle, motorists need to carry out in it a thorough general cleaning. But one vacuum cleaner is not enough. First you need to buy a special detergent, and then do a wet cleaning of the entire cabin. Special attention should be paid to the seats. It is better to remove covers and to wash (manually or in the washing machine). As for plastic parts, which also absorb unpleasant odors, it is better to wipe them with polish.
Of course, not every car enthusiast, due to various reasons, will be able to independently carry out a general cleaning of the car’s interior. Fortunately, there are many car washes that provide such a service. By the way, it is not cheap. But the driver saves time and trusts his car to real professionals who have at hand not only the necessary funds, but also equipment to get rid of unpleasant odors for a long period of time.
Ozone strength and powerlessness
Recently, some car washes began to offer motorists a revolutionary method of dealing with the unpleasant odors prevailing in the vehicle. As a tool to eliminate the stench in the car, they use not various detergents, but ordinary ozone. The latter is launched into the car's interior and comes into contact with bacteria, which are the source of the disgusting smell. As a result, their structure disintegrates, and they simply disappear. And with them disappears and the stench.
Today, the effect of ozone on bacteria that emit an unpleasant odor is the most effective way to clean the car interior from the source of the stench. But those motorists who wish to use this service should immediately prepare for large expenses.
However, not all odors in the vehicle can be eliminated with the help of ozone. For example, he is powerless against the stench, the source of which is air conditioning. Rather, it is not the device itself, but the liquid accumulating in it. That it promotes the reproduction of various bacteria. So, you can remove them only by cleaning all the channels of the air conditioner. To do this, use a special mixture that is sold in car dealerships.
Nevertheless, provoke an unpleasant rotten smell in the car can not only air conditioning, but also ordinary water. If it penetrates the machine in sufficient quantities and stagnates there, then the stench cannot be avoided.
Wet chairs can also produce an unpleasant rotten smell. Dealing with them is much more difficult than with other elements of the cabin, because one of their surface cleaning will not be enough.
To eliminate the unpleasant smell that wet seats exude, you must first remove the covers and wash them thoroughly, then dry them well. You also need to vacuum the seats, treat them with detergent, which is intended for interior cleaning. At the end of the chair should be washed with clean water and subjected to thorough drying.
Of course, this work is time consuming, so if a motorist has neither the time nor the desire to engage in such, then it is better for him to seek help from the relevant specialists - they will cope with this work much faster and more efficiently.
Popular method or "fortune telling" in the tea leaves
As soon as the car was not a luxury item, but a means of transportation (in the sense of being available to the general population), motorists began to be smart in dealing with foreign odors in the car. Especially, their finds will be useful to those drivers who are constrained in finances and do not have extra money to visit car washes.
So, completely destroy the smell of cigarette in the cabin of the vehicle and using ordinary coffee grounds. To do this, put it in any container and leave it in the car for the night. True, this will require tightly close all windows with doors. In the morning, the coffee grounds can be picked up, and the cabin should be well ventilated. Of course, it’s not a fact that the unpleasant smell will disappear after the very first night - it may be necessary to repeat this procedure several times, until the complete smell of cigarette is completely eliminated.
By the way, instead of coffee grounds you can use table vinegar. The latter should be poured into a glass and put on the floor in the car. There he should be from 12 to 14 hours. After that, the cabin of the vehicle must be properly ventilated. If the smell of tobacco smoke could not be eliminated from the first time, the procedure is repeated.
Will help in the fight against the smell of cigarette smoke and vanilla. It should be carefully applied to hard-to-reach seats of car seats. After 20-25 hours, the car's interior will be filled with vanilla aroma, which will completely replace the smell of tobacco.
You can treat people's methods with some prejudice, or simply do not take them seriously, but in fact they are effective. At least, to eliminate the same disgusting smell of cigarette smoke with their help. And yet, the vast majority of motorists prefer to use traditional methods, whether it be car interior cleaning with special detergents or the use of various air fresheners and aerosols.
No fresh air anywhere
It would seem that an unpleasant smell in the car can only spoil the mood of the driver and his passengers, but does not affect the driving itself. However, numerous experiments and tests have proven otherwise.
Simply put, if in the process of driving the driver all the time will feel an unpleasant smell, his mood will gradually deteriorate, he will become irritable. And this means that the motorist will begin to aggressively respond to the traffic situation. His movements will be sharp, often thoughtless. In the end, it can lead to accidents.
If, while driving, the driver will not be distracted by extraneous odors, he will be able to adequately assess the situation on the road. After all, he will not have to be distracted and look for the source of the stench, and he will be extremely focused on the traffic situation, which will reduce the likelihood of an accident.
But despite the existing methods of dealing with an unpleasant smell in the cabin of the car, the vast majority of motorists are limited to using conventional deodorants and fragrances. But when choosing them it is worth considering some important nuances:
- deodorant with the scent of jasmine, lavender or chamomile can weaken the vigilance of the motorist,
- a fragrance that simulates the scent of freshly cut grass, brings nostalgic memories, which causes the driver to lose concentration while driving,
- the aroma of coffee and lemon drives away unnecessary thoughts and helps the car owner to concentrate on the traffic situation,
- sea aromas contribute to a more even breathing, as well as soothe the nerves and relax the muscles,
- deodorants with the scent of cinnamon and pepper can cheer the driver.
But sometimes, trying to get rid of the unpleasant smell, motorists buy a lot of deodorants with different flavors in the car. Mixing with each other, the latter create a real caustic mixture, and sometimes it turns out to be even more smelly than the previous unpleasant smell. So experts recommend choosing any one flavor.
Take the rule
The motorist himself decides in what condition to keep the vehicle. He can not wash the car from dirt, do not remove unpleasant smells from the cabin, and for this no one will do anything to him, at least at the legislative level.
But there are also passengers, and for some reason many drivers forget about them. In particular, taxi drivers who, it would seem, should do everything possible to make their passengers feel as comfortable as possible while driving. Но нет, некоторые из них почему-то считают, что тот же запах табачного дыма можно перебить обычным дезодорантом.
Хотелось бы, чтобы все автолюбители взяли за правило регулярно проводить генеральную уборку салона своего транспортного средства. Хотя бы раз в год. After all, no matter how good the various flavors, they do not eliminate, but dull the unpleasant smell.
Super budget way to get rid of unpleasant odors in the car - video:
Main sources of odors
There are many reasons that can lead to the formation of unpleasant odors in the car. It is usually emitted from the seat and upholstery of the internal elements, which is made of soft fabric. There are constantly accumulated fat deposits, which are perfectly absorbed and retain all odors, regardless of their sources.
During long-term operation, the vehicle's premises may have an admixture of putrid, rotten products that could be left in the glove compartment or accidentally fall between the seats.
A very common cause of this problem is becoming a pet. There will be a smell of urine or cats if the animal stays in the car even 10-15 minutes. The smell of cat urine in the car just does not erode, so in this situation you will need to use special tools.
The source of unpleasant odors can be a car air conditioner, fuel that may leak, or a part of the engine’s construction has lost its tightness. Gasoline or engine oil often stinks in the salons of old domestic cars.
Unpleasant smell in the cabin of the car often arises from the fact that the driver or one of his regular passengers smokes. If you do not periodically remove the ashtray, then soot and cigarette butts can infiltrate the room with a pungent and pungent odor, which is clearly felt as soon as you sit behind the wheel.
Sometimes drinks can be a source of unpleasant odor - milk, coffee, juices, which can also be a problem.
So what to do and how to remove the smell in such situations?
Ways to eliminate odors
How to get rid of the smell of fish or other rotten product? If a steady fishy or rotten smell has appeared in the car salon, then special means should be used. But there are popular ways to get rid of the stench.
Usually, to eliminate such a problem, it is customary to use factory sprays and flavors. The increased concentration of odorous enzymes will speed up weathering, but only the use of these tools does not guarantee to completely remove the unpleasant veil in the room. It is also necessary to remove the smell with the help of ordinary cleaning in the car.
It is best to get rid of the bad-smelling air with a set of various measures to increase the effectiveness of their work.
Take a ripe green apple, cut the core out of it and leave it in the car until it dries out. It very well absorbs almost all unpleasant odors.
It fights very well with unpleasant aromas and coffee beans. It can be placed in the car in an open container, and in canvas bags. And after a few days of odors in the cabin of your car, as was not the case.
Ammonia can also eliminate various odors. It is necessary only to leave it in the car for the night, and even the most unpleasant old-fashioned odor will disappear.
You can also help remove the smell in the car's interior with the help of surface treatment with special chemical compounds made on the basis of organic and inorganic substances. You can use the new technology - oxygen cleaning.
Flavors and sprays
Factory sprays and flavors based on natural oils can help to remove the smell of fish in the car, cat tracks, as well as get rid of the smell of milk spilled on the seat or mat.
Flavors are often hung on the windshield in public transport, taxis, and so on. Usually for these purposes are used aromas of pine needles, citrus fruits, sea or flowers. Flavors are simply hung up or put in the cabin, and have a permanent effect.
Aerosols have a similar effect, but only they need to be sprayed regularly in the room to prolong the effect. Typically, these methods interrupt the sharp flavor, but can not completely get rid of it.
Car interior cleaning is a good way to create harsh odors, but in this case it is necessary to ventilate it well, as some substances may smell for a very long time.
Grease stains, which can maintain a sharp aroma for a long time, are cleaned with vinegar or alcohol. After them, you can just ventilate the interior of the car, as they are easily weathered.
A cleaned interior from pollution can almost completely get rid of the unpleasant aroma. Of course, if the seats were dirty, this could be a bigger problem. In this situation, you will need to pass the covers in dry cleaning. Old fabric can be processed in specialized companies with the help of various technical equipment.
You can also get rid of the old fabric, re-drag chair. It should be noted that leather upholstery retains a bad odor worse, since it practically does not absorb liquid. If done correctly, the skin is easier to clean than soft types of fabric and foam rubber.
Salon treatment substances
To eliminate the unpleasant smell used both organic and inorganic substances.
Among the first to clean the interior most often use specialized tools for textile upholstery. They are sprayed on all fabric interior elements, such as seats, floor mats, seat belts, door upholstery, and rubbed. It is advisable to dismantle the seats in order to clean the carpets located under them, access to which is restricted when they are present. To get rid of tobacco smoke, antibacterial variants of such substances should be used.
In the same way use shampoo, that is, it is applied to the fabric elements of the car's interior and rubbed with a rag or brush. A vacuum cleaner is used to remove residues. In addition, to clean the interior, you can use the tool to eliminate odor from animals.
Regardless of the method of cleaning or processing the cabin, after the procedure it is necessary to do airing so that all harmful substances and chemical compounds do not settle. Otherwise it may damage the health of the driver and his passengers.
Oxygen purification has been applied recently. A special procedure is carried out in the machine room - ozonation From the oxygen cylinder gas is supplied, which promotes the splitting of other molecules, soap and small substances.
This method is effective enough to remove all the effects so that the air in the cabin begins to smell normal.
Why smell in the car
First of all, in order to understand how to cope with the "enemy", it is necessary to find the cause of the unpleasant "amber." Possible options, because of which in the car can smell bad:
- You and your passengers smoked a lot in the car for a long time.
- The transportation of pets was carried out, which, besides the fact that they themselves have a certain smell, may also get scared of something and “go for themselves”.
- In the cabin there was a meal. At the same time, no one is immune from accidentally dropping a slice of sandwich or spilling any drink on the interior trim. Then, over time, the “snacks” that had once fallen down under the seat would begin to rot and exude a fetid odor.
- Rodents climbed into the salon, for example, mice, and there they “died the death of the brave”. Naturally, from them the corpse smell which eats up even in metal will go.
- Wet seat upholstery also does not contribute to pleasant smells. Especially the problem is relevant in the winter, when airing is quite difficult. They accumulate moisture, and the smell is felt more and more.
- Forgotten in the glove compartment is dirty, that is, simply not washed clothes. After a certain time, it will start to emit a rather unpleasant, musty smell.
- Inefficient ventilation and air conditioning.
- After shopping for groceries, you just forgot something in the car (no matter in the cabin or in the trunk). And only when you begin to smell a nasty smell, you “remember everything”, but “the work has already been done” and the source must be eliminated.
- Sweat and dust.
- The smell of gasoline and other "troubles", testifying to technical malfunctions of your vehicle (we will tell about their reasons in the sections below).
Why does the car smell like gasoline
What is the reason:
- Malfunction of the fuel pump (wear gaskets, cracks in the hoses, and so on).
- Badly twisted spark plugs.
- Perforation (i.e., the presence of holes) in the fuel tank.
- Weak crimp clamps on fuel hoses and the presence of cracks in them.
- Depressurization of the gas tank.
Important! You can yourself conduct a visual inspection of your car or do it in the service station with professionals. If gasoline pump gaskets, spark plugs, fuel hoses and gas cap gasket rings change regularly, then you will be able to avoid the problems described above in the future.
Causes of odors in the cabin, associated with technical problems of the car
There is a different category smells, signaling about any faults of your "steel horse":
- A stale smell indicates certain malfunctions in the climate control system. Most likely, the system is polluted. You may need to disassemble the air filter and air conditioner, as well as mechanically cleaning them.
- The sweetish smell that occurs when the cabin heating system is in operation indicates that there are leaks in the pipes or the radiator itself.
Preventive measures to eliminate the unpleasant "scent" in the car
Depending on the cause of the smell and measures to eliminate it, too, will be different (the main thing is that they no longer arise in the future). So what we do:
- We do not drink and do not eat in the car.
- We do not smoke and do not allow others to do this.
- Do not allow the mess, not only in the cabin, but in the trunk.
- We try not to carry animals. If we do this, we take all precautions to eliminate unpleasant consequences.
- Periodically carry out the drying of the vehicle: in the summer - in a natural way, and in the winter with the help of special devices.
- After each visit to the supermarket, we check the vehicle for abandoned products, which will start to deteriorate after a couple of days and emit an unpleasant smell.
We continue to deal with unpleasant odors
If certain measures have already been taken, and the smell is still there: what else can be done:
- We put in order the air conditioner (for example, with the help of the antiseptic agent "Chlorhexidine") and the ventilation system.
On a note! We recommend replacing the cabin filter after 20000 ÷ 25000 km of run (or once a year).
- We use flavors and aerosols for special purposes, which can be purchased from the trade network, in particular the “dry fog” preparation.
- Periodically clean the interior of your car.
- We use household chemicals of organic nature. They are simply sprayed and rubbed into the fabric of the seat trim, as well as seat belts, floor mats and door upholstery.
- We produce ozonation of the vehicle interior in the service station. This procedure is also called oxygen cleaning.
- We deal with odors using vinegar, soda, activated carbon and ammonia.
- We use folk remedies.
Let us dwell on some points in more detail.
Drug "dry fog"
Today this technology is the most progressive. Its main task is to completely neutralize odors. Before you start the process, you need to decide on the flavor that you prefer. Most often, motorists choose the smell of citrus, such as orange or mandarin.
Within 2 ÷ 3 minutes, we spray the selected drug through the cabin, then close it, wait about one hour, open and ventilate, carefully removing condensate formations from all the elements inside.
Important! This drug does not leave any traces. It is important. The fragrance remains for 1 ÷ 1.5 months.
When bacteria and microorganisms infiltrated the upholstery of the cabin, then these odors can be removed from the vehicle only with the help of such effective technology as ozonation. To date, this service, which can be obtained at the service station, is gaining increasing popularity (despite its relative high cost).
What is the principle of this procedure? Ozone, which is a powerful oxidizing agent, is able to penetrate into the thickness of almost any material and fight both bacteria and fungi, and mold.
On a note! Unlike many methods that only mask the smell and make it more "light", this method is different in that it allows you to completely remove it.
The procedure is as follows:
- An oxygen cylinder (i.e., an ozone generator) is placed in the cabin.
- Include ventilation system in the recirculation mode.
- After 20 minutes, the ventilation is turned off, and the ozone generator continues to operate for 15 minutes.
- The vehicle is ventilated and wet-cleaned in the cabin.
On a note! For some time after the procedure, the smell of ozone remains in the car, but it has a rather pleasant aroma and does not carry any threat to the health of not only people, but also animals.
Vinegar can help too
We use the ability of acetic acid to react with other substances, neutralizing them at the same time. We leave for the night a jar with vinegar (80 ÷ 100 ml) on a rug inside the car, and in the morning we ventilate. We repeat the procedure for a week, each time putting a new batch, and you will no longer be upset by an unpleasant smell.
On a note! Remember: after 20 ÷ 25 hours, the adsorptive properties of vinegar subside.
Folk remedies to combat odors
We offer simple ways to get rid of the unpleasant "amber":
- Apply a few drops of the strongest flavoring, such as vanilla extract, on the seat upholstery.
- We divide the vanilla pods in half, place the contents of each half on a cotton swab and place them somewhere in the cabin. This flavoring agent is valid for 7 ÷ 8 days.
Important! Do not use synthetic vanilla: from it there is no sense.
- Place the coffee grounds in any container and leave, for example, on the front panel, overnight. In the morning we air the salon.
- Mix ground cinnamon with apple cider vinegar to make a thick paste. We place the mixture obtained in a plastic container (with a lid, necessarily), in which holes are made from above. We put all this in the car interior, for example, under the driver's seat, and enjoy the flavors.
- Put dried crushed citrus zest on the bottom of a canvas sack and hang them somewhere in the cabin. Women will appreciate this fragrance.
- We take a large green apple, cut out the core from it and leave the fruit to dry completely in the cabin. Further, it acts as an adsorbent.
- Coffee beans can also help deal with odors. Unlike coffee grounds, they “like” the sunlight. Grains can be placed in canvas bags, in containers or simply on a sheet of paper.
Important! The presence of a pleasant aroma in the car, of course, is very important, but we should not forget that not all of them contribute to the concentration of the driver. Remember: the smell of fresh pastries or herbs, as well as flowers can lead to inattention, and this on the road is fraught with serious consequences.
Causes of smell in the car
- System malfunction
- Consequences of the owner.
Extraneous unpleasant irritants in the air of the car can indicate its malfunction. You should immediately find out the cause of their occurrence, and then get rid of the problem on your own or with the help of specialists.
Service stations are immediately required if the car smells like burning wiring. No less dangerous smell of exhaust gases. Its presence means exhaust problems. If the aroma in the car reminds of rotten eggs, the source of the problem is in the air conditioner or air filter. In this case, the air conditioner should be cleaned and the filter replaced. It is recommended to do this annually. Malfunctions in the air conditioning system are unsafe for health and can cause diseases such as angina and bronchitis.
About the most remarkable Russian crossovers and off-road vehicles can be learned from this material.
After the measures taken in time about the odor can be forgotten.
There is another spectrum of unpleasant odors in the car - the consequences of regular smoking in the cabin, as well as the transport and consumption of food, traces of children and animals in the car. In the fight against it will help a huge range of products auto chemical goods, as well as beloved by many popular advice.
Salon Treatment Products
To eliminate the unpleasant odor in the car, inorganic substances are usually used. The most commonly used specialized textile upholstery. They are rubbed and sprayed on all the elements of the interior of the fabric: on the seats, seat belts, upholstery and doors, and first of all - on the floor mats. To get rid of tobacco smoke priority over the antibacterial variants of such funds.
Similarly used shampoo, который так же наносится на тканевые поверхности автомобиля и втирается щеткой. Остатки вещества удаляются с помощью пылесоса. Мойку обивки салона автомобиля средствами, создающими обильную пену и обладающими сильными запахами, необходимо проводить в хорошо проветриваемом помещении. The required amount of foam is applied to the contaminated areas, which is then removed with a damp cloth. Then, after letting the upholstery dry completely, it should be brushed.
All sorts of help will come to help with cleaning the car mini washers and vacuum cleaners, and the choice of cleaning cosmetics is so huge that, if properly used and followed precisely the description of the instruction, it will also be suitable for cleaning the leather interior. And the result will be no worse than after cleaning. To choose skin cleanser It should be carefully, because this material requires a special delicacy. Old and worn areas will fit special air conditionersthat cleanse and refresh the skin. The new leather interior is treated with products that provide a soft and silky surface.
- To care for plastic inside the car use polish. The tool is applied to the fabric (just a fabric, not a sponge) and wipe the center panel and other plastic elements, cleared of dust and dirt, with it: first along the edges, then in the center. During the work with the polish on the car should not get direct sunlight. If you have doubts in the selected tool, it is worth conducting an experiment in a small area and evaluate the result. This is especially important when cleaning sensitive skin.
- When cleaning the cabin with detergents and a vacuum cleaner, one should not forget that such cleaning requires a lot of time and effort. And not every vacuum cleaner is able to eliminate all existing pollution. But if we compare the treatment of the cabin with chemicals and steam cleaningundoubtedly the first option. The impact of steam and its high temperatures are unsafe and do not contribute to the improvement of the quality of surfaces, especially leather. For cleaning with steam, more durable elements, such as rugs, are more likely to fit.
- The most simple, inexpensive and affordable way to clean the car from foreign smell is still buying deodorizing products. This and all sorts of flavors, and aerosols, and wipes for drying. Among the huge selection of flavors you need to work hard to find the most high-quality and durable, able to smother the unpleasant smell, but at the same time not too harsh and tiring. Allergies may be present in the cabin, and the consequences of using an aerosol or deodorant in a car can have disastrous consequences.
In addition to unsafe health, this way of dealing with unpleasant odors does not solve the problem radically, but only temporarily muffles it.
- Another way to remove unpleasant odors from the car - oxygen cleaning (or ozonation). Despite the high cost, this method is effective and is becoming increasingly popular. It consists of the procedure of exposure to ozone on bacteria, which are split by the oxidation of oxygen, which reacts with the smell.
Not everyone can afford to get rid of their favorite car of such problems, and aromatherapy gives a temporary effect. And it is here that time-tested folk remedies come to the aid of drivers in the fight against the persistent odor ingrained in the upholstery.
- It may be coffee groundswhich must be placed in a car with tightly closed doors and windows at night. Repeat neutralization is necessary until the coffee does not “kill” the unwanted smell completely. Coffee beans will also help. In contrast to the procedure with the ground, this method requires a day, solar time of day. Grains are scattered on the paper spread in the cabin.
- Effective and vinegarleft overnight in a container on the floor of the car at an air temperature not lower than -2 degrees. After that, the car should be well ventilated. Similarly, you can use potassium permanganate and ammonia alcohol.
- A pleasant and fragrant tool will be vanilla extract. A few drops of liquid should be applied to the upholstery of the seats in suitable places, and after a day the smell will disappear.
- The use of chlorine will help in cleaning the panel grilles and vents. A weak solution of the substance is sprayed with the cabin heating turned on, which will also relieve the car and the owner of the microbes living in the cabin.
- Velor covers like soda, which is rubbed into the fabric and left to soak for a day.
And yet, nothing compares to the smell of a clean car.
You should regularly wash the car and prevent unpleasant odors. If you can not do it yourself, you need to turn to professionals. And, of course, you should always remember that a car is not a place for smoking and eating.
Eliminate dampness in the car
The smell of damp in the car is the main criterion for the appearance of signs of mold in the cabin. As soon as the fungal organisms begin to develop, it will be possible to feel an unpleasant musky corrosive smell. But before you begin to solve this unpleasant problem, you still need to conduct a thorough inspection of the car.
In order to understand how to get rid of the smell of dampness in a car, it is worthwhile to begin to understand where the spots with mold are located. This process is carried out in stages. During the first stage, the following measures are taken:
- First you need to carefully inspect the entire interior of the car,
- After that, remove all rubber mats. They need to be examined for moisture or signs of mold,
- dry the mats in the sun or in a dryer.
If there is dampness in the car, but the mold is not detected under the mats, then you can proceed to the next stage, which consists of several actions:
- Hands need to check the rugs, which are located under the seats,
- they must be checked for moisture,
- after that, with the help of a hair dryer, it is necessary to direct the stream of hot air into the area under the seats.
It is worth paying attention! This procedure does not take much time. But with it, you can prevent many unwanted problems that are associated with an unpleasant smell of dampness in the car.
After that, you can proceed to the next final stage. During it checks the entire upholstery of the car. To do this, the following actions:
- required to carefully examine and investigate the entire upholstery of the seats,
- Do not forget to check the ceiling of the car,
- after that, take a hairdryer and using this device you must perform all the same steps as with the mats.
If all the actions performed, namely, checking the floor mats, seats, ceiling and other areas of the car’s interior, could not reveal the mold, then it is worth checking one more place. Many car owners do not always pay attention to this area, and in fact it is in vain that mold is often formed in it.
Causes of odor in the air conditioner
Many are interested in the question, why exactly does the increased humidity in the car due to the air conditioner? In order to understand this, it is worth considering how this device works.
In the internal block of the conditioner there is a heat exchanger. When this component is in operation, the air temperature indicator becomes significantly higher than the temperature of the operating evaporator. As a result, accumulations of condensate constantly form on this constituent element.
Just like in all air conditioners, including car, there is a pallet that is designed for draining the liquid. After that, its removal is performed through drainage pipes.
It is worth paying attention to one interesting feature of the automotive climate system. During the work process, the device uses the air that is in the cabin of the car. With close contact of air and water, all harmful organisms are deposited with moisture. And when a stagnation occurs, they begin their activity, as a result of which unpleasant odors are formed.
How can I remove bad smell
Many climate control systems in cars have one useful function - fan delay. If the system is turned on and the fan is turned on for a while, it can dry the entire device from moisture and also prevent condensate from building up.
If the air conditioner model does not have this function or it does not work, and a lot of moisture has accumulated in the device, then it is recommended to perform disinfecting treatment. The following helpful recommendations will help:
- The first thing you need to buy one good tool called "Lysol"
- Next, you need to dilute it in a ratio of 1: 100,
- After that, the resulting solution should be poured into a special bottle that has a sprinkler,
- Turn on the air conditioner at full capacity
- Slightly open the front window so that there is a slight crack above
- After that, you need to get out of the car,
- Spray the solution from the bottle into the slightly open slit of the window so that there is a fog inside the cabin,
- Wait 2-3 minutes and turn off the engine,
- Next you need to close the window and leave the car for about 30 minutes,
- After half an hour has passed, the same solution requires treatment of the air conditioner evaporator. After processing, you need to wait for about an hour, which means the glass is in the pan and destroyed all pathogens within the climate system.
However, many believe that this tool is quite expensive and for this reason they are in no hurry to use it. But it is best to spend one time and carry out a complete treatment of the automobile air conditioner from mold and unpleasant organisms than to cure the diseases that can be obtained from the dirty and untreated climate control system. In addition, this tool can be used to disinfect an apartment or house.
How can you get rid of other odors in the car
We already understood how to get rid of the dampness in the car, but besides her, other unpleasant odors can occur in the car’s cabin. Often, people spend a long time in a car, so often they have to eat, smoke, drink and sometimes sleep. As a result, the cabin may appear persistent and unpleasant odors. In order to eliminate them, you can use the following methods:
- In a small cup, you can pour a little table vinegar. This cup should be left for the night in the interior of the car,
- To eliminate unpleasant flavors, you can use the usual green apple. From the fruit should be cut core. We leave it in the cabin for a couple of days. But remove it after drying, otherwise a fungus infection may occur,
- You can pour coffee with coarse grinding into plastic containers or canvas bags. Place them in different parts of the car,
- ordinary baking soda can eliminate unwanted odors from seat upholstery. This tool should be scattered on the seat and leave on all night. In the morning, just vacuum the cabin.
If you follow all the recommendations correctly, you can quickly remove the unpleasant smell of damp and other odors from the car. It is advisable to carry out all the tips regularly, this will help to make the car not only clean and fresh, but also comfortable.