Polyester is a synthetic, well-stretched fiber, in appearance resembling wool, and properties similar to cotton. It was opened in the mid-forties, and since then it has firmly taken first place in the market of synthetic fabrics. Shirts, pants, work clothes, where there is one hundred percent polyester - an integral part of modern everyday wardrobe. Such a high demand for it is justified by its properties.
It is also very often used in the manufacture of blended fabrics. Most often with cotton or wool, in which it serves to extend their shelf life. Despite this, polyester has some drawbacks:
- It is badly washed off from oily and fat spots.
- Easily subject to rolling.
- Like any synthetic material - prone to the effect of electrification.
In this regard, polyester needs special care in order to keep things from it beautiful not only in appearance but also in touch. How to wash polyester? Polyester clothes are washed only in warm water, not more than 45 degrees.
Before you begin to wash clothes - you need to carefully read the label. If the label on it indicates that the thing can be washed exclusively in dry cleaning, dry, you should not wash it at home. If the label indicates that you can wash by hand, or in a washing machine, you can try to use both hand and machine wash. If there is no necessary label and there are doubts, it is not worth the risk.
How to wash polyester by hand
Handwashing is considered the safest way to wash polyester. However, when soaking things, and subsequent washing - you need to have enough free time and patience.
If the thing is new, or little worn, it is better to wash it manually. This applies to outerwear: coats, jackets, down jackets.
Of course, it takes more time and effort than if you wash it in a washing machine, but you will be sure that the stains, if they exist, will definitely be washed out and the thing will not lose its good appearance. The same can be said about other clothes made of polyester; they are also washed out in the same way: blouses, trousers, blouses, dresses, and so on. Now there are polyester fabrics in which spandex is added. Such fabrics are best washed by hand.
How to wash 100% polyester? Use the following sequence:
- Soak a piece of polyester in warm water with washing gel for 1-1.5 hours. If there are stains, rub this place with soap.
- After 1.5 hours pour hot water, after removing the product. Water when washing should not be 90 degrees, the maximum - 45-50. That is warm, but not too hot. Add liquid laundry detergent without bleach.
- Stir the product in water in a circular motion.
- Rinse the product in cool water.
- Lightly squeeze the product, you can use a towel.
- Dry on hangers, away from heating devices.
How to wash polyester in a washing machine
Let's start talking about washing with outerwear. Heavily soiled products and products with frozen spots of polyester should be washed in a washing machine. This is the only way to bring products back to their original condition. It is possible to wash things from polyester, for example, a coat from the mixed fabric in the car, having established the program "delicate washing", or "careful washing". Otherwise, the coat may sit down. Means for washing need to choose a special - for washing products made of wool. Spin to set 400 rpm. Let the water drain and hang it on a coat hanger.
Also it is worth paying attention to other things subjected to joint washing, containing similar accessories. Before washing the polyester jacket in the car, it should also be unscrewed outwards.
Use the “gentle wash” mode when washing, with a revolutions of no more than 400 rpm. Use air conditioning, so you will remove static electricity.
Basic rules of machine wash
Is it possible to wash polyester in the car? Of course, if you follow a few rules:
- The product tag indicates that machine wash is permitted.
- You can not wash things from polyester with wool or cotton things, otherwise the pellets can not be avoided.
- When washing polyester use only warm water, many experts agree that this is a more efficient way. Water of average temperature is the most optimal for this type of fabric. Cold water will not be able to remove greasy stains, the structure of polyester deteriorates from hot water, the thing rumples strongly and loses its original appearance.
- Your choice is to stop on the classic washing powders, or gels for washing. Possible option: powder "Gloss", "Persil", "Tide", and so on. The main thing that they had the inscription “color”. In the process of washing, they will be less aggressive. In this regard, most existing detergents are suitable for polyester. Care should be taken to avoid formulas for products with hard-to-reach stains. They can affect the color and quality of the fabric to be washed.
- Using the air conditioner will save products from the effect of electrification. Without it, polyester is prone to this problem. The effect of electrification occurs when a knitted polyester article is washed, for example, with white towels. As a result, their small white particles will stick to the knitwear.
- White polyester clothing can be soaked overnight in a solution containing four liters of warm water and half a cap of dishwashing detergent. This will greatly help whiten things before the main wash. If the clothes are colored and heavily soiled, you can use a light bleach. Never use bleach to bleach white polyester.
- Many experts recommend the use of a specific program that facilitates the subsequent ironing. Thanks to this program, the fabric is cooled before spinning, and this will help to avoid bay.
- It is worth using emollient wipes in case the product is made of fabric, especially subject to the effect of electrification. Use them in the drying process. They will help to significantly prevent the appearance of wrinkles on the fabric. If you used the conditioner during washing, most likely you will not need napkins. Napkins are usually flavored. Choose the scent that you like best. This polyester wash step is optional.
How to dry and iron
The advantage of polyester clothing is that such a fabric does not shrink, does not fade when washed, and dries quickly.
- A polyester product does not need to be strongly squeezed out, but only squeezed and hung to dry, the water drains quickly and there will be no folds on the clothes.
- Dry away from heating devices: batteries, radiators.
- Usually ironing such clothes is not required, but if you wish, you can iron the product, heating the iron to 120-130 degrees. Ironing is necessary through a damp cloth. Iron set on the “silk” mode.
In the video: recommendations for washing a jacket of polyester.
Polyester serves not only for making shawls, skirts and trousers, but also for sewing coats, jackets, and umbrellas. To obtain an antistatic effect and high strength, the material will be the basis, and synthetic and natural fibers will be used as a supplement.
Before cleaning, you need to check the composition of clothing. Things with mixed fibers (wool, cotton and viscose) and 100% polyester can be washed at different temperatures. You must first read the information on the label.
Is it possible to wash polyester? Fabrics are cleaned, you only need to select the appropriate parameters for them. For synthetics, high temperatures and exposure to aggressive cleaning components and bleaches are not suitable. It is advisable to choose a soft powder and a temperature of up to 40 degrees. Blankets and jackets should be dry-cleaned, since the filler deteriorates from washing.
What can not be done?
Now sold things from 100% polyester or mixed with other fibers, including natural. They can not sort. Things can not:
- Boil, wash in hot water. With such procedures, the clothes sit down or acquire a not very beautiful appearance due to the violation of the structure of the fibers. A white cloth may turn yellow.
- Bleach. The use of chemical bleaches is not allowed due to the possibility of destruction of polyester fibers.
- Dry on heating devices or in the sun.
To preserve the appearance of products, you need to properly wash, dry, iron. These procedures may vary depending on the type of treatment - machine or manual.
How to wash polyester in a washing machine? In order for clothing not to be damaged, you need to adhere to some recommendations:
- Things need to be sorted by color and type of material. It is necessary to fasten buttons and zippers, check pockets. Delicate materials are placed in a special case.
- If there are stains on the surface, contamination must be removed before being placed in the drum. You can turn on soak or prewash mode.
- It is better to choose a soft gel or shampoo, a gentle powder. For colored clothes you need to purchase funds with the mark "For color" or Color.
- Need to use a delicate or manual mode. Sports things are washed with the program "Sport". The maximum rotational speed is 800. At the maximum load of the machine, the “Extra Rinse” function must be activated.
- To make things softer, you need to use an air conditioner or a softener.
This is the whole answer to the question of how to wash polyester in a washing machine. Delicate and expensive fabrics are labeled "Hand wash only." Then you should not use the usual machine wash, but a gentle mode without spinning will do. Care should be taken to outerwear, because due to machine processing form is lost. Thing can be spoiled. Coats need to be washed manually, since the folds that appear will not be easy to remove. Raincoats and jackets can be washed in a typewriter, since after that no deformations appear on them.
Jackets and down jackets are practical and comfortable things. It is advisable to handle them in a typewriter. How to wash a polyester jacket? The procedure is as follows:
- The product must be turned out, remove all of the pockets.
- Enable delicate mode.
- Set an extra rinse.
- Set the spin speed to minimum.
- Pour detergent and air conditioning.
- Dry on a hanger.
Polyester with membrane
Often, based on polyester create a membrane jacket or down jacket. Products have a water repellent effect that protects from snow and rain. How to wash polyester in such a thing? This should be done at 30 degrees with liquid detergents.
No ironing required. Powders cannot be used, as small particles clog the pores of the material. After washing, clothes are treated with membrane fabric impregnation to improve water repellency.
Polyester fibers are resistant to dirt, but stains can appear on them. Before using the stain remover, it should be checked on a small area of the material, and then it can be processed using the following methods:
- A mild stain remover should be applied to the dirt. Then you should rub the clothes a little, wash them by hand or with a washing machine.
- If the stain remover is powerless, then you can use table salt.
- Resistant stains on colored materials can be removed with a 10% borax solution, and then it is treated with lemon juice.
How to wash polyester by hand? Need to prepare a workplace. If these are small things, you should use the pelvis. Outerwear is desirable to wash in the bathroom. It will take warm water (up to 40 degrees), in which it is necessary to dissolve the powder. For hand washing, liquid is preferable, since the powder is more difficult to dissolve in water, and after a weak rinse there are bands on the material.
Clothes should be dipped in a soap solution, and if required, you can soak for 30 minutes. Need a soft brush that allows you to clean contaminated sites. Although the material is resistant to mechanical damage, it should not be rubbed hard. Thing you need to deploy at the bottom of the bathroom and rinse out of the shower with warm water. It should be gently squeezed, and let the moisture drain. Outer clothing should not be squeezed, for drying it should be hung on the hanger.
Polyester is now used in blankets. Manufacturers advise to clean them in dry cleaning, because the shape of the product is lost during washing. But still the procedure is performed at home:
- If the capacity of the machine is more than 5 kg, then the blanket should be loaded into the drum, pour liquid detergent and conditioner. You need to set the function of delicate wash with a minimum of spin and include an additional rinse.
- Wet product should be spread out on a smooth surface. It needs to be turned over to dry on all sides.
Large double blankets must be washed by hand. The thing is soaked in powder for 10-15 minutes, then rinsed with clean water. At the end requires wringing and drying. Polyester can be washed, you only need to do it according to proven rules, so as not to spoil the thing.
Drying and ironing
It is important to know not only how to wash polyester, but also how to dry and iron things from this material. To speed up the drying you need to use a terry towel. It needs to be spread out on a horizontal surface, lay and get wet clothes. Then things should be placed on the dryer and left on the hangers. No need to hang them in the bright sun, because they will quickly lose their color and shape.
The fabric is almost not wrinkled, but if required, you can smooth the folds. To do this, turn on the iron to medium temperature, set the steam mode and iron the item through gauze or light cotton material. If there are doubts about the success of washing in the home, then it is better to dry the clothes. There, with the help of modern means and professional chemistry, any pollution will be eliminated.
At observance of manufacturing techniques of artificial fibers high-quality fabric turns out. It is odorless and does not fade. It is used to make everyday and outerwear, underwear, bags and textile products.
The material has the following properties:
- Low price.
- In synthetic fibers, moth and other insects do not start.
- Does not absorb odors.
- It tolerates exposure to high and low temperatures, protects against ultraviolet rays.
- High strength, resistance to friction and stretching, wear resistance.
- Ease of processing in the manufacture of things.
- Simplicity in leaving, synthetic things wash well, quickly dry, easily iron.
- Fabrics for a long time retain the same color, do not fade.
- Water repellency.
- Does not stretch, retains shape after numerous washes.
All of the above properties are preserved only with proper operation. When overheating, the clothes can be deformed, and if the ironing mode is not observed, folds can be formed from which it will be impossible to get rid of in the future.
Negative side of the material:
- Electrification. In polyester fiber, static electricity accumulates, lightweight fabric sticks to the skin, and dust and other small particles attract it.
- Cheap material in the manufacture of which was not respected technology can cause allergies.
- The fabric is badly painted.
- Due to its high density, it is uncomfortable to wear clothes in hot weather.
- Under the influence of bleaches fiber collapses.
Is it possible to wash polyester?
Since the market presents a huge amount of clothing made from 100% polyester, then the question arises how to properly care for such things. They can not only be washed, but also necessary. Observing all the requirements, such things will last long enough.
There are universal requirements that are suitable for all things. Features care for each item listed on the label attached to it. Indicates the mode of washing (manual or machine), the maximum allowable temperature of water and iron.
The powder should match the color of the fabric. For white things, a universal detergent is suitable, for dark clothes - a means for colored things. There are powders that have an antistatic effect. After using the rinse, things become soft and elastic, they can not be ironed.
If there is no indication on the label, or it is cut off and lost, then there are general recommendations that are suitable for all polyester products. It is possible to wash things from a synthetic thread at a temperature of 40 ° C. To the front side of the fabric to a lesser extent undergone changes, things turn inside out.
If the thing needs only to be refreshed and there are no traces of pollution on it, then the water will be warmed up to about 20-25 ° C. In colder water, it is difficult to use the powder, because it will not dissolve and will not show its detergent properties.
На некоторых, менее деликатных вещах, на ярлыке указывается температура 60°С – это максимально допустимый предел. При воздействии жестких моющих средств и более высоких температур волокна быстрей расщепляются и теряется прочностью изделия. Категорически запрещено кипятить материал.
Как стирать руками?
Since things made of polyester can be easily washed, you can easily handle them.
- Water temperature should not exceed the limit specified by the manufacturer. Since it is difficult to control this indicator with your hands, you can use a thermometer for swimming for convenience.
- A soft cloth is used to scrub stains. It is forbidden to rub the fabric, subject it to sharp jerks, use brushes, all this can damage the fibers.
- Things are not wrung out. Heavy products can be put on a flat surface, and lightweight hang on the hangers. Water will drain quickly and after drying will remain flat.
If the thing needs to be removed from the smell of sweat or other odors, it is not necessary to use powder. It is enough to soak and rinse it in the air conditioner.
How to wash in a washing machine?
Before you erase the product in the car, you need to make sure that there are no prohibition symbols on the label. You can load things of only one color into the drum.
- Delicate items are packaged in washing cases.
- Spots are displayed manually in advance.
- In the presence of light pollution, pre-soak is used.
- The sparing powder is selected to match the color of the product.
- The optimal mode - delicate or manual.
- The maximum number of revolutions for extraction is 800.
- Rinsing with air conditioning.
- So that things dry out faster, you can put them on a terry towel.
The washing mode is indicated on the product, usually it is delicate or manual. If the washing machine has a separate mode for sports items, then it can also be used. In the absence of strong pollution, you can use the quick wash.
How to remove stains?
Stubborn stains are processed in advance. Pre-detergent is tested on an inconspicuous area of fabric to test the strength of the fibers and the durability of the dye. If the paint is not resistant, then stain removers are not used, they are replaced with a soap solution.
Purchase stain removers should not contain chlorine. The selected substance is applied to the stain and rubbed with the back of a spoon. Its smooth surface will not allow deformation of the fabric.
To remove stains from polyester, you can use folk remedies:
- wet the polluted place, put on it table salt, which gradually absorbs the dirt,
- A 10% borax solution is applied to colored clothing with a cotton pad, to neutralize which citric acid or natural lemon juice is taken.
Summing up we can distinguish general rules:
- observance of temperature condition of 40 ° C,
- use delicate or manual mode,
- Spin no more than 800 revolutions
- the use of detergents according to the color of the fabric,
- lack of chlorine in detergent,
- use of covers for delicate items
- lack of manual twisting,
- use of air conditioning.
The subtleties of washing things of polyester
Not all things behave the same after washing, especially for outerwear or delicate items. Next, we will talk about the features of washing some things.
Polyester coats can be washed in a typewriter using the delicate mode or “synthetic” mode. The optimum water temperature is 30 ° C. To thoroughly wash the powder from a thick cloth, an additional rinse is applied. The coat is dried not on the shoulders, after which it is stripped through a damp cloth. In the presence of natural fibers in the fabric, it is not recommended to frequently wash it in order to avoid the appearance of the pellet.
The rules of washing jackets are similar to the coat. Before loading into the drum, the pockets are checked, decorative elements are unfastened, the jacket is turned inside out. In the presence of a filler, special tools such as "Weasel" or "Villus" are used. The volume of the product will keep the air conditioner. To prevent the product from being crushed, the minimum number of revolutions is used.
If there is a natural feather inside the jacket, it can also be machine washed. However, there are some features:
- only liquid powder is used,
- the thing doesn't twist,
- used extra rinse with air conditioning,
- the down jacket is drying on hangers,
- every few hours the product should be shaken to beat the fluff,
- after drying, the down jacket must hang upside down for some time to maintain its shape.
Dresses and other light clothing can be washed both by hand and in a washing machine, it is important to follow the instructions on the label. Temperature range up to 60 ° С is allowed. Things are sorted by color, exhibited delicate mode. In the presence of stains, the product is pre-soaked to prevent folds of the dress from being wrung out.
In order for thermal underwear not to lose its properties, it must also be washed following a few rules. The maximum water temperature is 40 ° C. The laundry is erased inside out, no stain removers, solvents, chlorine-containing agents are used, thermal underwear is not dry-cleaned. After washing, the product is pressed out, but not unscrewed. Drying is carried out away from sunlight and heat sources.
Washing a blanket with a synthetic filler can easily ruin its shape. It is possible to wash the blanket in the car, if its capacity is more than 5 kg. Only liquid powder is used and a delicate mode is set. Additional rinsing will be required, the number of revolutions used for spinning is minimal. After washing, the blanket unfolds on a smooth surface and occasionally turns over for even drying. If the blanket is dimensional, then it is washed in the bathroom by hand, pre-soaking is required for 15 minutes, then the fabric is cleaned with a soft sponge.
Synthetic curtains can be easily washed in a washing machine. A temperature of 30 ° C is sufficient to eliminate dust. When machine washable, you can refuse the powder, while hand washing it can be used in minimal quantities. To prevent curls from appearing on curtains, they are not pressed. When water is drained, they can be hung in the same place. Most curtains do not require ironing, the rest are ironed through the fabric at the lowest temperature.
To wash a backpack made of polyester, all decorative elements are removed from it and immersed in a drum machine. Use delicate or manual mode. In order to avoid losing the shape of the backpack, it is not wrung out. If you only need to wash pens or belts, you can use a soap solution with a soft brush or sponge.
How to dry?
Polyester dries quickly, especially if you hang the product in a draft. Synthetic things do not hang in the sun and near heating appliances. Pressing movements are used during pushups, it is not recommended to unscrew the product. If you pass the fabric, then there can be hardly smoothed creases. It is best to let the water flow in a natural way by hanging the thing on the hangers or blot it with a towel.
How to care for clothes made of polyester?
In order for clothes to last for many years, it is necessary to comply with the washing, spinning and drying regime recommended by the manufacturer. It is important to use high-quality detergents for delicate fabrics and not to expose the product to high temperatures. To keep the material in shape and color, rinsing agents are used, they also have an antistatic effect. Drying is carried out in the shade, and when using the dryer, gentle temperatures are included.
Features of washing clothes made of polyester
Before washing, carefully read the label with recommendations for the care of the product. It shows the mode and method of washing, water temperature, features of drying.
Chlorine-containing bleach, aggressive detergents destroy the structure of the fabric, they should be abandoned.
Dresses, shirts, trousers are washed according to the instructions contained on the label. Sort things according to the degree of contamination. Fill the areas covered with collar, cuffs, jacket pockets with 10% borax solution. Grease stains should be pre-plentifully poured with table salt, locked in a soap solution. Contaminations of unclear origin can be removed with soft stain removers, but first check its effect on the inconspicuous area (internal seams) of things. Products made of synthetic fiber are easy to wash off - sometimes it is enough to soak a piece of clothing for a short time in a warm detergent solution, rub it gently with your hands and rinse thoroughly. Squeeze, not twisting, hang on the hanger to dry.
When washing winter clothes, the composition of the main fabric (nylon, microfiber, membrane), the type of filler is taken into account. Maximum water heating should not exceed 30 degrees. Inspect things for stains, heavy dirt, they can be moistened with a liquid detergent and lightly rub with a soft brush. Do not apply excessive effort, traces of scuffs will remain on the fabric.
Objects of winter wardrobe with heaters made of synthetic winterizer or holofiber are washed with liquid detergents (undissolved grains of laundry detergent are poorly rinsed out of loose filler fibers and can leave whitish colors).
Natural bird fluff perfectly retains heat, light, hygroscopic. But after wetting, it can stray into lumps, which violates the uniformity of filling and reduces the heat protection function. For the prevention of stalling of fluff, special silicone balls or several tennis balls are placed in the drum of the washing machine - they constantly beat the filler in the washing process, do not allow lumps to form.
Dry jackets and jackets in a well-ventilated area, away from heating appliances.
Bulky items with fillers require additional rinsing. So the remains of the washing preparations from a thick layer of a heater will be removed.
At what temperature wash polyester
The polyester wash temperature is indicated on the product label. The optimum temperature is up to 40 degrees. In such conditions, thin synthetic threads are not destroyed, matter is not subjected to deformation, and the colors on colored things remain bright. Cold water may be used, but the laundry detergent grains do not dissolve well in it. If you decide to wash the synthetics in cool water, use delicate detergents in the form of a gel, shampoo, or liquid solution.
What is better: machine wash or hand wash
If there are no specific instructions on the label, you can wash the products made of polyester in a washing machine or manually. The main conditions for proper care - compliance with the temperature, the choice of mild detergent without enzymes and chlorine. For bright, colored matter with prints, use special detergents marked “Color”.
Using a washing machine, follow these rules:
- underwear, thin, delicate wardrobe items are washed in special mesh covers-bags that prevent stretching of the product,
- turn on the “delicate”, “hand wash” or “sport” mode if the machine supports this function,
- The recommended force of heating water is 25-40 degrees,
- clothes made of synthetic yarn dries quickly enough, wringing should not exceed 400-600 revolutions per minute,
- To remove static electricity and soften fabrics, add balm-conditioner to the machine compartment.
Rules for drying and ironing fabric
- products made of synthetic fabrics are dried in well-ventilated areas, avoiding direct sunlight,
- drying near heating appliances, gas stoves, on central heating radiators is unacceptable,
- the washed things are not recommended to be wrung out, it is enough to hang them over the bath - the water will flow away,
- You can remove excess moisture if you wrap a wet product in a terry towel and lightly squeeze it,
- dry clothes, spreading it on the dryer in expanded form,
- things from polyester fiber practically do not crumple, but if there is a need to iron clothes, set the iron mode to “silk” (too hot metal will melt the fabric instantly),
- to iron clothes should be from the seamy side, with smooth movements, without excessive pressure on the fabric.
If you doubt that you can clean the soiled thing yourself or there is a need to clean the bulk items (blankets, blankets, curtains) from contamination - you can use the services of dry cleaning. Professional assistance is indispensable if you need to clean clothes from stubborn stains - qualified craftsmen of such public service enterprises will help to return things to their original appearance without causing harm.
We wash in the washing machine a dress, trousers, t-shirts
How to wash T-shirts, dresses, pants and other things? Machine wash everyday items of polyester - quick and easy operation. Not heavily soiled items can be quickly washed during the quick wash mode.
Wardrobe items from high-quality polyester, as a rule, do not fade. But it is better not to risk so as not to spoil your favorite dress or blouse. Sort things by color and load step by step.
If there are obvious impurities on things, they must first be fixed. The usual economic or bilious soap copes with stains on synthetics.
For white things, it is wise to use stain removers that fall asleep directly into the machine compartment. There are no restrictions for detergents, it is possible to use both gels and various washing powders.
Suitable washing modes for items made of polyester fabric are “delicate wash”, “synthetic 30-40-60 ° С”, “quick wash”. Polyester does not like chlorine-containing agents; a snow-white blouse may turn gray or yellow. It is better to use modern oxygen-containing agents.
In general, recommendations for washing things from polyester are simple. When washing polyester, it must be remembered that the nature of its origin is chemical, the material has the unpleasant property of electrifying.
A washed polyester dress will simply stick to your body when worn.
Wash polyester cushions
Polyester filled pillows are a great home purchase. Soft, weightless, fluffy - they perfectly serve in operation. Sleeping in them is pleasant and comfortable.
The advantages of pillows with the addition of polyester, unlike feathers, are hypoallergenic, the absence of an unpleasant smell of feather and the possibility of self-washing.
You can wash them at home, in the washing machine. Stages of washing pillows are as follows.
- We release the pillow from the decorative pillowcase, it is better to leave the lower one.
- We pour about 100 g of powder and add plastic balls for washing in order to avoid caking the contents of the product.
- We expose the quick wash mode with a temperature of 40 ° C, load the item and wait patiently.
- After the program rinse, expose the rinse a couple more times to thoroughly wash the remnants of the powder, which is far from harmless to human health.
- We take out the pillow, shake vigorously and put it back for the re-spin mode.
- After several spinning periods, we take out the product and ship it to dry in a dry, warm place.
Similar to this method, you can quickly and accurately wash a jacket and a down jacket made of polyester. Only press outerwear repeatedly can not. It is better to set the spin at low speed, and then with hands to smooth out the folds.
In conclusion, the jacket hang on the clothes hanger, straighten and dry. As we found out, taking care of things made of polyester is quite easy, just remember simple recommendations.
General washing recommendations
The label of each item must be written, at what maximum temperature can be washed.
Start by looking at the label.
Fabrics containing polyester are not able to sit down after washing, but they can be deformed if the wrong temperature conditions are used. Do not boil things when hard stains appear - a fabric with polyester does not tolerate high temperatures.
Important!If the tag is not written the maximum temperature mode, then do not wash the product with water above 40° s
Tips to help get rid of dirt on fabrics with polyester:
- light clothes wash quality powder without bleach,
- for dark things, buy a detergent that is intended for black and dark Perwoll fabric,
- colored powder well washed off with a mark
Be sure to before washing, turn the laundry inside out. Pat the clothes with a special conditioner to get rid of the static electricity.
Getting rid of stains
Clean fresh dirt by rinsing things in warm water using a small amount of powder.
Wash in normal water
But the old spots can be removed from the clothes, following simple recommendations:
- Soak the product by adding a chlorine-free stain remover (“Ace”, “Milam”).
- Leave the soaked item for 40 minutes.
- Rinse with clean water.
Tip!You must first test the stain remover on a small section of fabric. To do this, wet the cotton pad in the tool and put it on the wrong side of the product in the area of the seam for 3 minutes. If the color is not transferred to the disc, and a lighter mark does not appear on the fabric, then the product is well colored.
Если образовались сильные загрязнения на воротнике рубашки, карманах, то перед стиркой замочите одежду в мыльном растворе.
При достаточно стойких пятнах натрите проблемные места поваренной солью. Для этого нанесите соль горкой и оставьте замоченным изделие на 20 минут. После этого тщательно вымойте остатки соли под проточной водой.
Если на цветной вещи, содержащей полиэстер, образовалось много пятен, попробуйте вывести их с помощью лимонной кислоты и буры:
- Soak up a small piece of cotton wool and rub the contaminated area of clothing with a brown tooth (10%).
- After that, pour 200 ml of water into a container and dilute it with citric acid (1 teaspoon).
- In this composition soak problem clothes for 15 minutes.
How not to draw a picture
In order not to spoil the drawing on things, use a stain remover that does not contain bleach (Ariel). To do this, rub the contaminated area and place the item on a smooth surface. Take a spoon and rub the convex side of the problem area. Do not rub your hands with your hands, as you may damage the drawing. After these actions, put the item on for an hour to soak off the pollution, and wash it in the usual way.
Instead of a stain remover, you can use Gala dishwashing detergent. This tool is great for removing stains from colored things, such as blue sweaters or bright red skirts.
Important!Do not use hydrogen peroxide and vinegar to remove stains from clothes that have a drawing, otherwise the color will be displayed along with the stain.
This method is suitable for getting rid of mold with white fabric:
- For contamination, apply vinegar or hydrogen peroxide in pure form.
- Let clothes lie down for about 2 hours.
- After that, wash the product in a typewriter, including "Manual mode".
You can not rub the thing after such a manipulation, otherwise the mold can simply spread over the surface, and it will be very difficult to remove later.
Car wash rules
Wash the polyester in the washing machine by turning on the delicate wash mode. It is important that the water temperature is not higher than 35–40 ° С.
Conditioner for soft clothes
If things are not very dirty, scroll through them in quick wash mode. Make sure the spin does not exceed 800 revolutions per minute.
To rinse pour into the appropriate compartment of the washing machine air conditioning. Clothes after drying will be soft to the touch and more elastic.
Proper blanket cleaning
Quite often, the filler in the blanket contains polyester. Manufacturers recommend that customers clean these blankets in dry-cleaning, as with improper washing you can spoil the product. But there are certain recommendations and tips to help clean the blanket at home, without losing its appearance.
- If the capacity of the automatic machine is 5 kilograms or more, put a blanket in the drum.
- Be sure to pour in liquid detergent and rinse conditioner.
- Set the program "Delicate wash" with the least amount of turns during the spin cycle.
- Turn on the extra rinse.
- After washing, remove the wet blanket and lay it on a table on cotton fabric: a sheet, a towel.
- Periodically turn over the cover during drying.
Washing a blanket in a typewriter
If the blanket or blanket is too large, wash it by hand. For these purposes, you can use a large bowl or bathroom. Soak the blanket for 10 minutes in water with the powder dissolved in it. At the beginning of this time, gently rub with a sponge on both sides over the entire surface. Rinse with cold water several times.
In the same way, you can wash and pillow filled with polyester.
Bags and backpacks
Most often nylon and other synthetic materials are a part of fabric of a backpack. This fabric has a strong endurance, so you can use almost any way to wash things, consisting of polyester.
If there are no leather inserts and large rivets on the backpack, put it into the drum of the automatic machine, but wash it with the inclusion of “Hand Wash” and do not use spin. Dry your backpack by hanging it on a clothesline.
Most often at a backpack handles and belts are very dirty, and the rest of the fabric on it is clean. In this case, dissolve a small amount of shampoo in 150 ml of water and, using a toothbrush, clean all dirt.
How to wash a sleeping bag, see the video:
It is forbidden to include drying during washing. Just take the wet things and hang them on the clothesline. You can squeeze a little, but not much wrinkle thing. Immediately hang wet curtains on the windows - they will even out under their weight.
It is important that the direct rays of the sun should not fall on the fabric when drying. Otherwise, the item may change its color (burn out).
Ironing clothes in which there is at least a small proportion of polyester, ironing is undesirable. Do not use a hot temperature, otherwise the fabric will begin to melt.
Any thing can serve a long time, if properly handle it. Washing refers to the most important process that can spoil a thing or preserve its original appearance.
Save and share information in social networks:
For a start, I advise you to pay attention to the label on the clothes. It shows the composition of the fabric, as well as general information about the temperature of washing and ironing it is designed.
On the photo there is a label of clothes that can be washed in water not higher than 40 ° C
Forty degrees is the standard temperature for such things. But maybe 30 and 60 - it all depends on the composition and structure of the fabric.
If the tag has come off or the information on it has been erased, simply follow the recommendations below.
9 rules of washing in a washing machine
Having decided to wash polyester in a washing machine, proceed as follows:
- Choose delicate mode, if your unit has such a function,
- On manual machinesset the temperature not higher than 30-40 °C, andSpin - no more than 600 revolutions per minute. Such fabrics dry quickly, so they do not need a strong spin,
- So that the washed clothes do not accumulate static electricity, add air conditioning to a special compartment. Although this deficiency sin only low-quality things, the price of which speaks for itself.
All this concerns clothes, underwear and bed linen. And how to wash in a typewriter jacket or down jacket?
In this case, it is necessary to take into account not only the composition of the decorative fabric, but also the type of filler. First of all it concerns the temperature regime. For example, the membrane is washed only in cool water, and the optimum temperature for down and tinsuleyt is 30 ° C.
There are other recommendations.concerning how to properly wash demi-season and winter clothes from this material:
- Before driving to the car things need to be turned inside out
- When spotting they should be pre-frozen, pouring detergent solution onto the stain and rubbing it with a soft brush,
- If the jacket is made of polyester on the membrane or holofiberit is better not to use powders, but liquid products. They are easier to rinse and do not leave stains on clothing.
- To completely remove the detergent from the filler, choose a mode with an additional rinse. Or turn on the rinse mode again after the end of the cycle.
- Before washing the park on the down, place special balls in the drum of the machine. They will not allow the filler to stray.
- That things do not have to iron, press them at low speed.
5 rules of washing by hand
Today, few people do their own hands. But sometimes it still has to do. For example, if the machine is broken, if the thing is very delicate and expensive, or if you need to wash the stains.
In this case, the same rules apply. regarding temperature, rinsing and spinning. And the process itself is no different from washing cotton or other wear-resistant fabrics.
There is no need to be careful when washing polyester
The only advice is about how to wash polyester. It is advisable to choose tools for synthetics. And for colored things - special powders that preserve the brightness of color.
But to the spots of different origin, you need to look for an approach. Here you can use the following tips:
- Fat spots You can sprinkle with salt before zastiryvaniya and leave for some time, so that it absorbs the fat,
- Difficult spots well derived 10% solution of borax. They are treated with a stained place, then the solution is washed off, and the stain is rubbed with a piece of lemon,
- When using stain remover, it is better to choose the means of soft actionnot containing chlorine. Instructions for the drug will tell you about the method of application, but you should always first check its effect on the fabric on invisible areas of the thing. For example, on the inner seams.
- As for the outerwearit is enough to soak it in warm water with detergent, let it sit for a while and then rub it lightly with your hands. Especially polluted places can be cleaned with a brush.
It is much harder to rinse such things well. It will take several times to change the water until no powder impurities remain in it.
- It is necessary to wring it out carefully, not twisting the thing, but “expelling” excess water from it. For this, the jacket is placed on the bottom of an empty bath and is carried along it with your hands in the direction of the drain with a slight pressure. Then hang on the hanger above the bath or basin and allowed to drain, occasionally pressing the hem.
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in washing things from polyester. If you do not use bleach and hot water, choose the right mode of washing, rinsing and spinning, then they will serve you for a very long time. And it does not lose the original look and brightness of color.
For those who do not trust dry cleaners and want to clean the outerwear at home, I can additionally offer to watch the video in this article. A few small secrets will not be superfluous. And if you have your own tricks, you can share them in the comments.