At the beginning of the 20th century, an authoritative sports expert by the name of Pilates thought over in detail and brought together a spectrum of effective exercises. This harmonious system will help to competently work out the whole body and relieve stress. Pilates are loved by millions of people from different parts of the world. The secret of the system of exercises in the combination of mental and physical effort of a person. Pilates pays special attention to proper breathing, strengthening of the muscles of the press and coordination of movements.
Pilates strengthens the press, helps to lose weight and heals the back
Types of Pilates
Each Pilates branch has its own priorities:
- Basic Pilates - standard optimal set for beginners of a set of exercises with a minimum number of weights and projectiles to strengthen joints, muscles and bones (Pilates Basi),
- Stretching Pilates - exercises of intensive stretching for girls, where joints, ligaments are included in work and emphasis is placed on good posture, increasing muscle elasticity, increasing body flexibility (Stretch Pilates),
- Power Pilates - a large set of strength exercises with projectiles such as bodybing, dumbbells for people with experience in strength training, the main task is to increase endurance and muscle growth (Power Pilates).
Pilates helps to increase muscle elasticity. The main advantage is that the body is strengthened. The center is considered the press, lower back, buttocks and thighs. All exercises are focused on this area, which means that it is worked out comprehensively. It is important to note that many deep muscles are included in the work, which are not always possible to pump in other areas of fitness. When doing Pilates at least discomfort. There is no painful load on the muscles.
Back and spine recovery
Pilates improves the quality of life of people living with osteochondrosis, scoliosis and intervertebral hernia. It is known that serious back problems today are overtaken mostly by young people, but even in this case there is every chance to recover. Pilates struggles with the cause and effect of spinal defects. Thanks to safe exercises, blood supply to the intervertebral discs is improved, body weight is reduced, muscle spasm is removed and the muscular frame is created.
Some people doubt the effectiveness of Pilates for weight loss, because at moderate intensity it burns very few calories. For weight loss you need to practice regularly and eat right. Pilates is available for people with a large amount of excess weight, which may be contraindicated in some fat burning types of fitness. Exercises relieve depression and no longer need to seize the experience. Pilates relieves swelling, inhibits appetite, replaces fat with muscles and improves metabolism.
Harm to pilates
Pilates trainings are considered to be low-impact and not traumatic, they are relevant for recovery after illness. In the presence of serious pathologies, it is necessary to consult a doctor before starting classes. Usually, harm to the body is caused by non-observance of contraindications, if a person independently trains in spite of the fact that there are health restrictions. If you decide to do pilates, then listen to your body. If you have pain and other discomfort - consult a doctor.
It is advisable not to do Pilates in the presence of the following disorders and conditions:
- the diagnosis of obesity,
- osteoporosis, arthrosis and scoliosis in the advanced stage,
- mental illness
- time immediately after a complicated operation,
- acute stage of the disease of the musculoskeletal system,
- rupture of ligaments, fracture and sprain,
- heart diseases,
- body temperature from 37.5,
- age over 40 years.
If you have acute or chronic health problems, then consult with your doctor more often, including on the selection of physical therapy.
How many calories does Pilates burn in an hour?
Training for 60 minutes can burn only 250-280 kcal, this effect is inferior to many other sports areas for fat burning. Shells complicate exercise and increase calorie burning. For an hour of work with the cylinder will burn up to 500 kcal. If the body fat or muscle mass is large, this implies significant energy costs. It is also known that in people with different metabolism the process of burning calories is different. How much kcal burns will be influenced by the level of training and intensity.
What is the difference between yoga and pilates?
At first glance, Pilates with yoga are similar. There are actually a lot of differences. Pilates was developed in the last century, gymnastics brings to the forefront body control, stretching is an additional aspect and is designed to promote health, the pace of exercise is slow but dynamic. Yoga has been perfected for centuries, it is a spiritual practice for self-knowledge and harmony, the goal of strong body stretching is provided, static exercises with a delay of several seconds or minutes.
Pilates is basic, strength and with an emphasis on stretching
Training with a roll helps relieve heaviness in the legs, pain in the head, neck and back. This is an anti-stress tool that soothes and uplifting, removes the tension of the lower back. Roll lessons are slow, you need rest between exercises. All movements are performed without tension, care must be taken with the armpits, the inner part of the thigh, the inner part of the elbow and knee. Roll is round standard, cylindrical and elongated. With the help of a roll, you can do massage, perform the bar, lunges, abdominal exercises.
With the help of elastic tape, you can stretch your hands in a lunge, raise your arms or thighs from a sitting position, perform twisting, fully pump your legs while lying. The shell perfectly absorbs and perfectly loads the body. To better fix the feet and hands, do not use a ribbon bundle, but a tubular bundle with handles. In this case, the usual gum is longer and in some cases more convenient. The stiffness of the tape is chosen according to its capabilities. In one set, you need to perform 12 exercises, the last - with considerable effort.
Hoop or ring
Traditionally, an isotonic ring is used in Pilates. It is not too coarse, but at the same time elastic enough so that when exercising, the necessary muscles are strained. Outside non-slip rubber pad, handles are also provided. The rings are slightly different in diameter, you can buy shells of 35-38 cm. Large hoops are more suitable for men, small women. Rings are performed with the ring with the hands in front of you, above your head and behind your back, different variations of the squeezing of the projectile with your legs while lying down.
Exercises with a cylinder contribute to the development of small muscles located on the abdomen and legs. This projectile train balance, develop coordination and flexibility. With the help of a cylinder, you can lose weight, since it requires a lot of energy to work with it. Exercises help build beautiful buttocks, hips and belly. The cylinder can be the usual round, half and in the form of a soft-roller. Cylinders are usually placed under the back when performing exercises for the abdomen. Also, the projectile used in the bar. A powerful exercise is lungeing with a cylinder.
Different twisting options with flexion of the legs in the knee, peak exercise and scissors, pelvis and leg lifts, lateral lifts, extension and back extensions, stretching of the back and press work perfectly - all this is done with the help of a fitball. The ball for Pilates contributes to a comprehensive study of the press, allows you to align your posture, to become slimmer. Doing the exercises is not so easy; you need the ability to balance. Balls come in different sizes.
Examples of basic exercises:
- Exercise Hundred - performed with attention to breathing, stretches the neck and legs, strengthens the center of power, makes the hands and press work,
- circles with legs - working through the hip joint, requires stabilization, turns on the lower press, trains the flexibility of the legs, strengthens the muscles of the legs,
- twisting up - muscles of the center of force are activated, effective massage of the spine,
- untwisting downwards - teaches correct torsion of the pelvis forward, engages the muscles of the power center, performs spinal massage, stretches the lumbar muscles well,
- neck stretching - engages the muscles of the power center, stretches the hips, develops spinal mobility, creates a beautiful posture,
- back rolls - exercise for the massage of the spine, training the abdominal muscles, developing coordination,
- stretching the legs at the same time and alternately - stretches the limbs, strengthens the muscles of the power center, teaches balance,
- breathing exercise saw - heals the lungs, improves the waist, pulls the back of the thigh,
- breathing with twisting of the back - adds strength, strengthens the abdominal muscles and heals the lungs.
The best basic exercises for weight loss:
The best basic exercises with fitball:
Slimming hips and buttocks
Buttocks and hips are a problem area for many women. To make the buttocks elastic, and hips seductive, adopt a few exercises.
If you are confident in yourself theoretically know all the nuances of Pilates, try doing at home on video tutorials. Below is an interesting example with visual instructions. Training at home does not require costs, you can vary the time of sessions at their discretion.
Perhaps at home it will be difficult for those who first hear about Pilates. To eliminate the problems of a beginner, it is better to work out for some time under the guidance of a coach in the studio, then you can switch to home mode.
Who can do?
Everyone, almost without exception. It does not matter how old you are, what sex you are, and whether you ever played sports.
Pilates is a kind of state of mind, you need to experience it on your own experience, and only then you either finally fall in love with it, or flatly refuse to do this sport.
Classes can be useful for people who suffer from back pain, as it aims to strengthen the back muscles and relieve the spine.
But it is important to know that if you had any surgery on your back or spinal injuries, it is imperative that you consult with your doctor and trainer so that the latter will thoroughly know your medical history and be able to assign you the correct course of Pilates.
Pilates can be a good helper for professional athletes who recover from injury or a long break. It is also worth knowing that systematic exercises in the gym lead to muscle tension, they are in constant tension.
It will be very useful to periodically stretch the muscles of the body and bring them to a normal state, which again can be done with the help of Pilates.
Pilates is a common sport for pregnant or giving birth women who get in shape after giving birth. It perfectly strengthens the hip joints, abdominal muscles and back - just those parts of the body that are most involved in the process of giving birth and carrying a child.
It is also useful to those people who suffer from diseases of the joints, the elderly, because with its help the blood flow improves and all muscle groups are trained.
As you can see, pilates classes are a unique thing that is suitable for any age and level of physical fitness, but there are also contraindications? In fact, as such, there are no prohibitions, to the best of reasonable, of course.
It is not advisable to start pilates classes in a cold, after serious injuries or illnesses. It is better to consult a doctor and wait for time.
Lessons for beginners. Correct stand
A very important aspect of the whole set of exercises is to develop the right stance, from which all subsequent exercises will be made. It is very important that before starting the basic composition of the exercises, it is necessary to warm up the body and muscles properly so as not to stretch or tear any ligaments and tendons. After the muscles are ready to work, we begin to become the correct rack.
To do this: stand up straight, straighten your back, lower the shoulder blades and shoulders, the top of your head should reach the ceiling, your chin will look forward. The legs should be shoulder-width apart, the feet parallel to each other, the knees should be made “soft”, that is, they should be slightly bent and not left this position.
Do not forget that your abdomen and abdominal muscles are your main assistant in maintaining the correct initial posture, they must be constantly under stress in order to achieve maximum effect.
The next point is proper breathing during workouts. After you have taken the correct posture, you begin to breathe. Breathing must be complete, it is carried out by the chest, not by the stomach, in order for the lungs to be deeply pumped with oxygen. Breathing in this direction is necessary for the first 10 minutes, after which the body is tuned to the working mood and is ready to perform subsequent exercises.
What can you try yourself?
Another point is that to do Pilates at home, of course, possible, but not desirable. Classes should be conducted according to a specially prepared program, and not occasionally.
In addition, during training, the right stances and breathing are very important, which are difficult to control independently, especially for beginners. If you decide to engage in this type of sports movement, it is better to ask for help in the fitness club, where experienced coaches will be able to direct your energy in the right direction without compromising your health.
But if you still really want to try to do a couple of exercises at home, then you can try the exercise “table”. Exercises require increased concentration, it is well known that yoga notes are traced in it, which is especially difficult for beginner enthusiasts.
The exercise itself is this: you need to kneel, resting your palms on the floor. The knees should be placed strictly under the hips, and the palms under the shoulders, you should form a kind of rectangle with right angles.
The back should be perfectly flat, like a table. From such a position, first tear off one hand and pull it out parallel to the floor, holding in this position for 30-40 seconds. Slowly lower your hand into place, raising the next one. The same fate awaits hands and all legs, and several times.
A more complicated form of such an exercise: raised arms and legs, keeping them parallel to the floor, and balance must be kept on the other two. Do not forget to breathe properly, the pelvis must be twisted to the stomach, the back is even, and the abdominal muscles are strained so that you do not lose balance.
You can try to stand in the "bar". Hands remain in the same position, and the legs are stretched out, and the support remains on the toes. Even to stand in such a position for 20-30 seconds is already difficult, not to mention the fact that one can also leave the “strap” pose in other variations.
As mentioned above, so that the exercises have a real effect and bring only benefits, it is best to do it under the supervision of an experienced specialist, who will be able to point out all the shortcomings that you will have in the process of training. After gaining experience and learning the necessary exercises, you can continue the exercises on your own, at home.
Remember that the main thing is desire, then the results will not keep you waiting, and you can see the first progress after the first few trainings. And, of course, do not forget that the regularity of classes is important, at least three times a week for at least an hour.
Pilates for beginners at home
The word "Pilates" is probably known to people who seek to bring the figure in perfect condition. The rest could see him on the signs of various sports clubs and fitness centers.
What is this same Pilates, what is the essence of the exercises, how they help to lose weight and is it necessary to register for classes with an instructor, or can you do at home, at a convenient time and in comfortable conditions? All this will be discussed below.
Close Pilates experience
The complex received its name by the name of its creator, German Joseph Pilates. Being a weak enough child, he put a lot of effort to strengthen their own health.
The system of exercises, which combined the elements of yoga, gymnastics and stretching, he developed after the First World War.
The main goal of Pilates is not to burn as much energy as possible during each workout, but strengthen joints, ligaments, muscles, increase body flexibility. That is why those who have lost weight "on Pilates" are easily recognizable by their graceful figure and slim silhouette.
Benefits of Pilates
- The minimum number of contraindications, gentle load on the body.
- Lack of muscle pain after exercise.
- Not only large muscles are involved in the work, but also smaller ones, which are difficult to get to work in a different way.
- Pilates not only helps to form a silhouette, but also strengthens the muscular corset, improves posture.
If you decide to master this technique, it is best to begin classes with coaches, for example, after familiarizing yourself with the complex, which was developed by Svetlana Hudyma - a fitness instructor, a pilates trainer.
Но если такой возможности нет, заниматься можно и по видеоурокам. Но при этом запомните основные правила:
- подберите одежду, которая не будет сковывать движения, запаситесь гимнастическим ковриком,
- занимайтесь не менее пяти раз в неделю,
- выполняйте упражнения плавно, не делая резких рывков,
- during class, watch your breathing, concentrate on muscle work,
- you should not immediately “wipe out” complex complexes - start with the simplest exercises.
Pilates classes at home - video tutorials
If you decide to do Pilates at home, carefully review the video before starting your workout, and only then proceed to perform the complex. Do not rush and do not be nervous - not everything can happen the first time.
Today, you can find a lot of Pilates classes online, or even a coach who runs training online.
But if you want to do it exactly when it is most convenient for you and not to “get attached” to a certain time, you should give preference to video clips - good, they are freely available from both domestic trainers and foreign pilates gurus.
If some time ago the most famous was Pilates with Karen Carter, a workout with which can be found both in the original and in Russian, today the number of “domestic” videos on Pilates allows you to pick up a video that will suit both beginners and those who are already “ in the subject.
We offer a selection of video materials that will allow you to master the technique of Pilates. Pilates coach will comment on them.
Pilates basics with Alena Mordovina
You should start with an acquaintance with Alena Mordovina, who in the introductory lesson tells us what Pilates is and what its main advantages are.
It should be emphasized that Alyona not only shows the exercises, but also gives recommendations for their implementation. Despite the short duration of the video, during this workout the muscles get an excellent load.
Fitness expert comment: “This video is quite possible to take as a basis for beginners - it fully reflects the essence of Pilates and is an excellent complex with which you can cope without risking“ earn ”muscle pain.
Once the body gets used to this load, you can add exercise. This will make the workout more effective and help you lose weight in a short time. "
Pilates with Inga Yakhney
Pilates is also known with Inga Yakhney, video tutorials on which are presented below. Inga pays attention to the warm-up, and also shows the technique of performing many exercises that are performed on a gymnastic mat.
Fitness expert comment: “It is worth emphasizing that Inga is not only a coach, but also a teacher, therefore her explanations are clear and detailed.
The complex is designed for people who have a certain physical training, but the coach also tells how to simplify some exercises. Such training will allow not only “to hone the figure, but also to improve the posture, improve the shape of the legs."
Video tutorial with Olga Yanchuk
Increase flexibility, make the figure more taut, but not muscular, allow Pilates with Olga Yanchuk, who in her video tutorials focuses on the work of the joints. Of course, this does not mean that the muscles are inactive - they also receive a sufficient load.
Fitness expert comment: “The complex is suitable even for beginners, and will be especially effective for those who sit a lot. Olga picked up effective exercises that, provided regular performance will improve the figure for three to four weeks.
It should be emphasized that all the exercises of the complex are sparing for the ligaments and the spine. ”
Advanced level complex
If you have mastered the basic exercises of Pilates, pay attention to the advanced level complexes. One of them is a master class from Pilates coach Tatiana Chesalina. She pays special attention to the so-called stabilization.
Fitness expert comment: “This complex covers a large number of muscle groups, as it includes exercises that are performed standing, sitting and lying.
The trainer comments on the movements in great detail, showing their correct performance. Such exercises are shown to people with sedentary work, as well as to those who want to strengthen the muscular corset. ”
Pilates with Michael King
Not to mention pilates classes with coach Michael King, who is one of the famous "teachers" of this technique. It is better to master them for those who already understood the basic principles of Pilates and slightly tightened their own muscles. Although the coach does not speak Russian, his explanations are as simple as possible and understandable without translation.
Fitness expert comment: “This complex, despite its short duration, makes it possible to flex muscles perfectly and provide them with a load.
It is worth emphasizing that Michael King in his workouts combines not only classic Pilates exercises, but also choreographic elements. This allows not only to get rid of excess weight, but also to make movements more graceful. ”
If you decide to do Pilates, but for now the doubt worm is gnawing, read the reviews of those who practice the implementation of such complexes.
Pilates reviews are devoted to the special material “Pilates for weight loss - discussion and reviews,” which contains the opinions of people who have tried classes. You will learn what results you can achieve, how much the first effect will appear, and also be able to recharge yourself with motivation.
Pilates is an excellent system that allows you not only to hone your body shape, but also to improve your posture and strengthen your back muscles. Classes do not cause muscle pain the next day and are suitable for many.
The universal system of exercises has the following differences:
Pilates allows you to strengthen, stretch the muscles.
The technique is focused on high-quality exercise with a small number of repetitions. With proper execution, even small muscles are involved.
Smooth, soft movements make Pilates the least traumatic sport.
Each program is designed so that all muscle groups are involved.
Pilates is an effective type of training that helps to lose weight, get rid of cellulite, make the body slim and beautiful.
Video Pilates lesson for beginners
Exercises for beginners at home
The muscles of the neck, upper, lower extremities, and thighs are involved.
I.P. - lying on his back, arms extended along the body. It is necessary to raise the legs so that the knees do not bend, pull the socks forward. Raise your head and upper back (do not tear the lower part off the floor), look at the stomach. The head is flat, the chin does not lie on the chest.
Raise your hands above the floor, just above. Perform springy movements with your hands up and down without touching the floor surface, while the scope is very small. Move only with your hands, the body remains motionless. It is important to breathe correctly: inhale and exhale short, superficial, 5 times in a row. Number of sets - 10, total 100 breaths with exhalations. Legs can be bent a little at the knees.
Sit on the buttocks, bend your legs at the knees and pull to the chest, and round your back. As a result, you rely only on the tailbone. Feet should not touch the floor. Hold this position for 12 seconds, repeat 9 times.
Stretching the legs in turns
Large dorsal and gluteal muscles and press are involved.
I.P. - lying on the back, the lower limbs are stretched and joined, bending the right leg, hug and press it to the chest. Lift the upper part of the back, do not tear off the lower part from the surface, strain the muscles of the press. In parallel, lift the left leg, so that its angle was equal to 30 degrees. Hold this position for 12 seconds.
Simultaneous stretching legs
I.P. - lying on the back, bend the lower limbs, clasp your hands in the ankles. When exhaling, straighten the lower limbs so that they form an angle equal to 45 degrees, at the same time stretch the upper limbs in the opposite direction. When inhaling, return to the starting position, with hands swipe across the floor. The number of repetitions - 12 times.
Stretching the dorsal, gluteal, femoral muscles and abdominals.
Lie on your back, lift your lower limbs at a 45 ° angle, arms extended behind your head, do not lift the tail bone. When inhaling, lift the body, pull your hands to your feet, linger in this position. The number of repetitions - 5 times.
Stretching the back muscles
I. P. - sitting on the buttocks, the spine is flat, legs apart a little and stretch (you can bend a little), pull the socks towards you, pull your arms forward, head lowered. When you inhale, pull the muscles of the abdomen, pull the head to the ceiling, pulling the spinal column. When exhaling, lower the head on the chest, torso forward. Repeat 7 times.
Squatting against the wall
Works back and femoral muscles. Stand against the wall, press your back against it, stretch your legs forward a little. When breathing in, slowly sit down so that your legs form a 90 ° angle, arms stretch forward. Repeat 6 times.
Swing your legs lying on your side
Lie on your back, your spine flat. Hold your head with your lower hand, and press the top against the floor surface. Straighten your legs, gently raise and lower your upper leg. Legs straight, body still. The number of repetitions - 10 times for each side.
The bridge on the shoulders
You need to lie on your back, stretch your arms along your body, bend your legs. Then the pelvis should be raised using only the muscles of the buttocks. Lock in this position. When inhaling, you need to raise the lower limb and hold for 5-10 seconds. When exhaling, the leg should be lowered. Repeat 6 times for each limb.
Swaying legs on one side
Exercise is suitable for the buttocks, thighs, back, abdomen.
Get on your knees, rest on the lower arm, lay the upper arm behind your head, your elbow stretches upwards, the abdominal muscles are tense. Gently lift the upper limb parallel to the floor surface. Fix the pelvis so that it does not move. Swing your limb 6 times in each direction (back and forth), turn to the other side, repeat.
Twisting the torso
Sit on the pelvis, spine straight, legs bent and slightly apart. The upper limbs are spread apart, while the shoulder blades try to move. When you inhale, tighten the press, pull the head towards the ceiling, while shoulders are lowered. When exhaling, turn the body to the left, then to the right. Repeat 6 times for each side.
Stretches the musculature of the body, trains the back, abdomen, upper limbs.
Rest on the left thigh, bend the lower limbs. Put your left hand on the surface, right on its side. Lift the torso smoothly into the bar, then you need to stretch your right hand up, and raise your hips a little higher. Repeat 5 times.
Advantages and disadvantages of the technique
Positive effect of Pilates:
- strengthening and enhancing muscle tone, improving the spine,
- respiratory development
- plasticity, grace of movement,
- posture correction, prevention of spinal pain,
- weight loss, body recovery,
- strengthening the nervous system, the development of positive thinking,
- low risk of injury, suitable for all age categories,
- self-control and ability to relax.
Pilates has negative sides. For example, when composing a training program, it is necessary to take into account the injuries of injuries that a person experienced so as not to have a relapse.
Pilates will be effective only when a person realizes what is happening with his body at the time of the exercise, and clearly follows the recommendations of the coach.
General information about pilates
Pilates is a series of exercises. to increase body strength, develop muscles, improve posture, balance and coordination. Each exercise is performed with special attention to proper breathing techniques and control of the abdominal muscles. It helps to perform movements with maximum power and efficiency. Pilates lengthens and strengthens muscles, improves muscle elasticity and mobility of joints.
Pilates is not determined by the amount of exercise and their quality. Exercises are usually done in a certain order, gently replacing one after the other. This is not the type of workout when you work up a sweat, but you will definitely feel the tension of your muscles during each exercise. You will get stronger, toned muscles, while increasing flexibility and improving the condition of your spine.
Most traditional training triggers muscle imbalance: strong muscles become stronger, and weak muscles, on the contrary, become weaker. This is the main cause of injuries and chronic back pain. During Pilates classes, your muscles will work evenly and balanced, providing better workout performance and reducing the chance of injury. That is why so many professional athletes use Pilates in their training routine.
In Pilates, your muscles will never work until exhaustion, you will not sweat and feel very tired. Classes includes Exercise and special deep breathing. If you do not like programs built on concentration, then Pilates may seem like a boring exercise. But if you want to strengthen the muscles of the abdominal cavity and pelvis, as well as maintain good posture and get rid of back pain, then Pilates is definitely for you.
Regular classes will help you feel "Pilates effect". Thanks to a complex of exercises, you tighten your abdominal muscles, lower your shoulders, lengthen your neck, lift your chest and straighten your posture. By the end of the lesson, your spine will be elongated, your belly will be tucked up, and your body will be free and light. Pilates poses make you feel taller and more confident than you were an hour ago.
15 benefits of pilates
We offer you 15 benefits of Pilates, which will certainly convince you of the benefits of this fitness area:
1. You will create elastic abdominal muscles and a strong back, as well as work out the deep abdominal muscles. The basic principle of Pilates - pull the navel to the spine. By applying this simple technique in everyday life, you will make your flat stomach and more attractive.
2. Pilates aligns and stabilizes the spine, reduces discomfort and pain in the back. Studies show that Pilates also relieves all sorts of back pain.
3. Regular pilates exercises will help you tighten your body, strengthen your muscles, and increase their strength. With this you will create slim toned body without pronounced pumped muscles.
4. Pilates is so safe that it is even used in physical therapy for rehabilitation after injuries. Also, regular classes are an excellent prevention of injuries of the musculoskeletal system.
5. Thanks to pilates you improve your posture. It is not only useful for the prevention of back pain, but also for the smooth operation of all internal organs.
6. Pilates improves body shape. You will tone up muscles in such "problem" areas as hips and bellycreating a beautiful slim silhouette.
7. By controlling your breathing and correct body position, you learn to control your movements and feel your body better.
8. The deep breathing that underlies Pilates helps to relieve anxiety, get rid of depression and insomnia.
9. Pilates exercises will boost your flexibility and mobility of joints . You will work towards a safe increase in length and stretching of the muscles, as well as increasing the range of motion in the joints. In this aspect, Pilates is second only to yoga and stretching.
10. Pilates lowers blood pressure and improves the cardiovascular system. Through deep breathing you also increase the volume of the lungs and blood circulation.
11. Unlike some other fitness programs, Pilates focuses on the development of the entire body, without neglecting any muscle group. Classes contribute to the elimination of muscle imbalance, which increases the effectiveness of training and reduces the risk of injury.
12. You will greatly improve your balance and sense of coordination. Any gymnast knows: in order not to fall from a log, you need to have strong muscles of the body, which is actively worked out during pilates classes.
13. Pilates is ideal for all ages and for people with different physical training, from beginner to advanced. This is a low-impact training, so it is suitable for people with joint problems.
14. According to Joseph Pilates, this exercise method is designed to harmonize your spirit and mind, getting rid of negative emotions. You charge positive energy for all day!
15. Some Pilates programs are suitable for practicing during pregnancy. This will help you ease back pain, keep your body slim and master breathing techniques for easy childbirth.
If we talk about the disadvantages, it is important to note that for burning fat and losing weight, Pilates is not the most effective method. Also, Pilates will not help you develop endurance and significantly improve physical fitness. Yes, this is not the best way to lose weight and getting rid of excess weight, but Pilates is ideal for improving health and creating a strong, durable body.
Pilates is very picky about the quality of the exercises, so with self-study or with an illiterate instructor there is a chance to conduct training ineffectively. It is very important to follow the correct technique of exercises that require special accuracy and attention.
Pilates is great for strengthening and toning the muscles of your body and for increasing flexibility, but it’s non-integrated power program. Вам нужно будет дополнить его некоторыми другими тренировками, если вы хотите подкачать руки или качественно проработать нижнюю часть тела.
Противопокозания для занятий пилатесом
Хоть пилатес и относится к спокойным низкоударным тренировкам, но в отдельных случаях лучше проконсультироваться с врачом перед началом занятий. Особенно это касается:
- беременных женщин,
- людей, которые недавно перенесли операции,
- людей в возрасте более 40 лет,
- people with heart disease
- people with exacerbation of diseases of the musculoskeletal system,
- people who are overweight or obese.
The main principles of Pilates
In developing his program, Joseph Pilates created not just a set of exercises, but a whole technique that helps harmonize mind, body and spirit. That is why Pilates workouts are inseparable from its main principles. Wherever you go, at home or in the fitness room, Pilates principles should accompany you throughout the entire session.
These six principles are the basis for doing pilates exercises:
- The principle of centering. A strong center is the basis of Pilates. Pull the abdominal muscles, stretch the spine in one straight line, pull the navel to the spine. Muscles should be tense throughout the session, not relaxed.
- The principle of concentration. Be extremely collected and concentrated during class. If you pay all your attention to the exercises and do it with full dedication, you will get the maximum effect from each movement.
- The principle of control. Each Pilates exercise is performed with full muscle control. Every movement is conscious, the work is carried out in isolation on the target muscles.
- The principle of accuracy. Your whole body should be aligned and symmetrical. Shoulders, shoulders and pelvic bones are on the same line, nothing should break the symmetry.
- The principle of breathing. Respiration is an integral part of pilates exercises. Use medium chest breathing, deep breath through the nose, exhale through the mouth. Do exercises in the rhythm of breathing.
- The principle of traction. Straighten and lower the shoulders, do not pull them to the ears during exercise. Bring together the shoulder blades and feel the traction in the spine.
Pilates for weight loss: is it effective?
High performance Pilates for weight loss - this is nothing like a marketing ploy. This kind of fitness not an effective tool for weight loss. Judge for yourself, an hour of pilates classes on average burns 250-300 kcal. For comparison, strength and aerobic training will help you burn 500-600 kcal per hour of training, and intense training even more - on average, 750-850 kcal. It becomes obvious that, compared with other forms of physical activity, Pilates for weight loss is not the most effective method.
But this does not mean that there will be no benefit from Pilates, and you should not include it in your fitness plan. If your goal lose weight, along with strength and cardio workouts, include Pilates in your schedule, at least 1-2 times a week. You must also observe daily calorie deficit in order for the body to begin to consume fat for energy.
As mentioned above, Pilates is effective for strengthening muscles in the abdomen, back, buttocks and thighs. As a result, you will improve the shape of your body and get rid of flabbiness and friability . In addition, the more muscles in your body, the higher the level of metabolism at rest, which means you will burn more calories during the day. This is another indirect argument in favor of using Pilates, if not for losing weight, then for creating a slender body for sure.
Pilates can be a good starting point for those who have not done physical training for a long time. Exercises are performed slowly and under control, without shock sessions and increased loads. That way you can tone the muscles and gradually integrate into the sportwithout injuring the ligaments and joints, without the risk of injury.
What is the conclusion you can do? If you want to lose weight quickly and effectively, then Pilates is not the best technique for this purpose. But if you want improve the body, to improve your body shape and work on yourself from a long-term perspective, then Pilates workouts should be included in your fitness plan.
15 effective pilates exercises in gifs!
We offer you a selection of exercises from Pilates in gifs. To complete them, you will not need additional inventory, so you can carry them out even at home:
1. The Hundred (Hundred)
2. Double Straight-Leg Stretch (Double Leg Stretch)
3. Single Leg Stretch (Single Leg Stretch)
4. Boat (Boat)
5. Bridge (Buttock Bridge)
6. Donkey Kick (Rise of legs on all fours)
7. Side Leg Lift
8. Inner Leg Lift (Lifting the legs for the inner thigh)
9. Clam (Raising the diamond feet)
10. Rolling Like a Ball (Roll on back)
12. Side plank leg lift (Raise the legs in the side bar)
13. Superman (Superman)
15. Bird Dog (Raising Arms and Legs on All Fours)
Thank youtube channel for gifs The Live Fit Girl.
10 tips for those planning to practice Pilates
1. If you are planning to do pilates with an instructor, make sure that he is qualified or attend a trial lesson. In this form of fitness is very important competent teacher, which will monitor the correct technique and monitor involved.
2. Choose a class according to your level of training. You should not attend advanced pilates programs if you are just starting out. but rate your level can only be directly on the lesson. Even a physically trained person may have difficulty performing specialized Pilates exercises.
3. You can do Pilates at home. Many training sessions have been released on DVD and on Youtube with a wide choice of programs. for each level of training . It is advisable to visit at least a few trainings with an instructor to learn the basics, but if you do not have such an opportunity, you can start doing pilates at home.
4. When practicing Pilates at home, it is better to choose native language video. During a training session, instructors often voice important nuances in the correct technique of exercises that can not be caught during normal video viewing.
5. Throughout the class, be extremely collected and concentrated. Do not forget about the main principles of pilates, you must follow them every second.
6. In Pilates, it is the quality of the exercises that is important, not the quantity. Your every movement should be absolutely technical. Exercises may look very simple, but they require you to be strong. accuracy and control. If you are tired - make a rest, but do not neglect the correct technique.
7. Basically, Pilates is performed with its own body weight without additional equipment. But there are programs using fitball, rubber ball, elastic tape. Also gaining popularity is the use of a special mobile pilates simulator - reformer:
8. Remember that Pilates was created not for weight loss, but for recovery organism. If you prioritize lose weight, it is better to choose strength and aerobic training, and for pilates take 1-2 days a week.
9. But to get maximum benefiting from pilates, you should practice at least 3-4 times a week. Already after 10-15 sessions, you will notice an improvement in posture, an increase in muscle strength, more confident exercise and freedom of movement.
10. Do not think that Pilates is very easy and affordable kind of fitness. Yes, these are low-impact and low-intensity workouts, but they require you to be completely productive and focused.
Pilates or yoga?
One of the most obvious similarities between Pilates and yoga is that both of these fitness disciplines are aimed at harmonization of body and mind. In yoga, this intention is expressed more openly, however, in Pilates, without the participation of reason, it is impossible to observe its basic principles. The difference between them lies in the degree of attention and participation of the mind during class.
Pilates is partly inspired by the practice of yoga, but differs in one key factor. Yoga consists of a series of static postures (asanas), while Pilates is based on dynamic and unstable movements that give additional resistance and help to work more effectively on muscle strength.
Pilates is more focused on strengthening the muscles of the body and forming the correct physiology of movement, which is also used in everyday life. Yoga is more focused on stretching and flexibility, as well as on the expansion of consciousness through movement.
If you want to tighten your muscles and at the same time improve contact with your body, increase flexibility and get rid of back pain, then such programs as Pilates uniquely shown. Do pilates at least 1-2 times a week and your body will be grateful to you!
Pilates at home for beginners
Before performing the exercises, you should “adjust” your breathing. Without this basic principle, there is no point in physical activity, it will remain an ordinary gymnastics. Take a horizontal position, do not strain, you can put your palms on the solar plexus. While inhaling, open only the ribs, feeling how they diverge to the sides, as you exhale, return them back. The chest and abdomen are immovable. Important points:
- Exercises at home for beginners are performed on a special mat on the floor, so as not to injure your back.
- The appearance of a person does not play a role for Pilates, the main thing is to be comfortable. Socks are recommended for feet.
- After training, perform a light set of exercises for stretching.
Start by preparing the position of your body: stretch the spine, lower the shoulders as much as possible, direct the pelvis to the lower ribs, moving the abdomen inwards. The abdominal muscles should be tense, collected. At the same time, breathe evenly, measuredly, according to the system described above. This state should be maintained throughout the entire Pilates lesson, whatever position your body assumes.
- Exercise beginners for a total warm-up. Extend your arms upward so that your fingertips stare at the ceiling. Exhaling, open them, lowering in different directions parallel to the floor. Taking a breath, return it back.
- Exercise for the press and back. Bend your knees, tightening the feet to the hips. When exhaling, lift the body, rounding the waist, stretch straight arms forward. Hands should be near the ankles. Make a few spring strokes with palms through the air, slowly lower the body back.
Gymnastics for beginners
The above exercises Pilates for weight loss will work only in the case of their regular execution. If you need to speed up the process of creating the perfect figure, be sure to connect to the workout active cardio: jump rope or simple jumps, vigorous squats. The number of repetitions of each exercise in the Pilates system for beginners is in the range of 10-15 times.
- Start with the spine and abdominals: from a supine position, lift the abdominal muscles with straight legs together so that they form a sharp angle with the floor. Exhale - slowly tear off the body, vertebra for a vertebra from the neck. Straighten your back, linger for 10 seconds (beginners 3-4) in the pose of the letter V. Exhale - lower the body, then stretched legs.
- Exercise for oblique abdominal muscles. Lie on your side, pull your lower arm upwards, touching it with your ear, you can put the top one in front of you. As you exhale, stretch the spine, trying to raise the legs with the muscles of the thigh and abdominals. Feel burning in the side. Beginners need to do 4-5 repetitions. When inhaling, lower yourself.
- The last basic Pilates exercise for beginners is on slimming the hips and buttocks. Lying on your back, bend your knees. Exhale - begin to raise the pelvis muscles of the back of the thigh, then the body, tearing from the floor along the vertebra to the shoulder blades. Hold in this position, straining the press, on the inhale, go back. Beginners repeat 4-5 times.
Video: Pilates for Dummies
Since it is very difficult for beginners to assimilate such information in text form, it is better to start in Pilates from free video lessons in Russian. Check them out below. All the inhalation / exhalation movements and highlights are explained in the video easily and easily, so you can easily repeat them. For convenience, training is divided into blocks, taking into account the level of training.
The concept and features of the technique
Have The exercises on the D. Pilates system are practiced in almost every fitness center. Therefore, many could see the awesome-looking reformer for Pilates. Undoubtedly, training on such a simulator brings many benefits to the human body. However, beginners can begin to practice the technique even at home without the need to resort to using special equipment.
But before you start classes, you need to know the features of this technique and its basic principles. It is worth noting that the Pilates exercise system was developed by D.Pilates, who was personally confronted with health problems, as a special therapeutic and health-improving gymnastics. Therefore, any complex of such exercises is designed to get to the deepest and smallest muscles, having carefully worked out each of them.
Regularly engaged in the method of D. Pilates, you can notice the fortifying effect of the exercises. During such training, a person becomes more resilient, flexible, flexible, physically fit and slim.
This system is considered unique for several reasons:
- Pilates classes can strengthen muscle fibers by stretching and pumping them.
- Training is focused on high-quality and thorough exercise with a small number of repetitions.
- Movement should be soft and smooth, with even breathing.
- The technique is designed in such a way that when performing exercises, all muscle groups are worked out.
- Regular implementation of the complex helps not only to improve your health, but also to get rid of extra pounds, resulting in a beautiful, toned and slender body.
Those who have decided to master this unique practice should learn how to do pilates lessons for beginners using video instructions. They are specifically designed for people with missing or minimal sports experience, as well as physical disabilities due to injuries or illnesses.
How to start a newbie?
Before starting classes using the D. Pilates method, it is important to study and take into account the necessary requirements for beginners, which are as follows:
- To perform Pilates exercises for beginners, it is enough to get a gymnastic mat. At first, you can use a normal, but thick towel.
- Prepare a training schedule in advance, given that it is not recommended to eat food 1 hour before and after training.
- Preferences in clothes should be given to things that do not hinder movement. As for the shoes, the Pilates exercises are performed barefoot.
- Preview the video tutorial with a complex for beginners to learn the technique of implementation and the features of each exercise.
- When performing complex follow the sequence.
- Pay attention to your feelings, because the actions during Pilates should not cause unpleasant feelings or pain.
- With the development of the disease during class, suspend training and consult your doctor.
- Each workout should begin with a warm-up that lasts from 5 to 10 minutes and includes simple exercises to “warm up” all the muscles of the body.
- At the first symptoms of fatigue, complete the workout. It is better to continue the exercise later, when the body gains strength to perform the remaining exercises.
The features of the exercises include respiratory tactics and smooth movements. During training on the Pilates system, it is important to breathe through the chest, while inhaling while taking in air so that the ribs widen. When you exhale working muscles should try to minimize.
Control of the abdominal muscles is also a necessary requirement. When carrying out movements, it is important to constantly keep the press in tension, using it as an energy source for the whole organism.
To strengthen the back and increase the flexibility of the body, you should try to gently stretch the spine, doing exercises. Gradually increasing the distance between the vertebral discs can achieve excellent results of body plasticity, as well as strengthening the muscular system supporting the musculoskeletal system.
Total Pilates exercises for people just starting to get acquainted with the system, about three dozen. But in order to master the technique of performing and understand the principle of the D. Pilates technique, it is enough to learn how to perform about ten simple exercises that are ideal for the first workout.
You need to start training with a warm-up, as indicated above. To warm up the muscles you can perform the following exercises:
- Starting position - lying on your back on the floor. Inhaling deeply, strain the abs and begin to raise your legs, bending them and pulling your knees up to your chest. In this case, you need to firmly press the legs to the body, lingering in this position for a few seconds, then exhale. Staying in this position, you must still perform 3 cycles of inhalation and exhalation. It is recommended to do 2 repetitions of the exercise.
- I.p. - the same as in the previous case. Hands stretched to the side, you need to raise bent knees to the thigh with shin formed a right angle. From this point, lowering the legs simultaneously to the right and then to the left is performed. Straining the press, you need to take deep breaths and exhalations, lingering at the highest point.
Go to the main movements.
Весь комплекс упражнений пилатес для начинающих описывать мы не будем, но самые простые и эффективные из них с поэтапным выполнением вы найдете ниже.
Во время выполнения этого упражнения прорабатываются мышцы брюшного пресса, шеи, верхнего плечевого пояса, бедер и ягодиц. Само же название упражнения произошло от количества дыхательных циклов, которые следует осуществить на протяжении 10 сетов.
Starting position - lying on the floor on his back. Straight arms should be extended along the body, straight legs tightly pressed to each other, the press is tense, shallow breathing.
To start the exercise is to raise your head, arms, as shown in the photo. In this position, it is necessary to do springy movements up and down with a small amplitude, inhaling and exhaling superficially 5 times in a row. Total it turns out - 10 approaches and 100 breaths.
During this exercise, the abdominal muscles, legs, and back muscles are involved. Additionally, coordination of movements develops and posture improves.
To perform it, you need to sit on the floor on the mat and, raise your hands along the body. Rounding the back, move the center of gravity to the tailbone and raise straight or bent legs. In this position, you need to hold out, balancing only on the tailbone from 10 to 15 seconds. Sets can be performed 9-10.
Stretching the legs alternately
Stretching the legs alternately allows you to work out the direct and lateral muscles of the press, buttocks, large dorsal muscles. I.p. - lying on your back. Having joined the legs, they need to be torn off from the floor by about 40-50 cm, simultaneously lifting the upper part of the body. Straining the abdominal muscles, bent or straight leg, pull your arms to your chest, holding it in this position for 10-12 seconds. Returning it to the position on the weight, repeat the exercise with the second leg. In total, you can perform from 5 to 10 approaches exercises.
Stretching the legs simultaneously
I.p. - the same as in the previous case. Bending your legs at the knees, pull them to your chest to clasp them with your hands. Straining the abdominal muscles, stretch the legs until they form a 45 в angle. At the same time, stretch your arms to the side opposite your legs, trying to stretch the spine. Return to the starting position. The recommended number of repetitions is 10-15.
The bar with the transition to a dolphin pose
I.p. - elbow strap. Take a position so that the body forms a straight line from the base of the neck to the heels. Take a deep breath and at the same time lift the buttocks up, while lowering his head and exhaling. Hold for 5-8 seconds in this position and complete another breathing cycle.
I.p. - Sit on the floor sideways, leaning on your left thigh and straightened left arm. Lift the body up, keeping it in the top point of 5-10 seconds in tension. At the same time, pull your toes toward yourself, and gaze in the direction of your right arm, which lies along the body, as shown in the photo. Repeat 8-10 times for each side of this exercise.
Squatting against the wall
I.p. - Become exactly against the wall so that your back is resting on its surface. Perform squats, trying not to tear off the spine and lower back from the wall. Breathing should be deep, not superficial. You should perform 10 repetitions for each side.
Side swing feet
I.p. - the same as in the exercise of a mermaid, but the emphasis is not on the palm, but on the elbow and on one knee. From this position, holding the press in tension, make 10-15 leg lifts up. Change sides and repeat the exercises for the second leg.
The bridge on the shoulders
Very effective exercise that helps stretch the spine, improving posture and preventing scoliosis. In parallel, it helps to work out the dorsal muscles, abdominals, buttocks, thighs, and muscles of the upper shoulder girdle.
To perform this exercise from Pilates, you must lie on your back and tighten, bending your knees, heels to the buttocks. Put your hands near the feet, raise the pelvis, so that the chest touched the chin. Do not forget to strain the press and breathe evenly. After staying at the top point for a few seconds, with an exhalation, return to the SP Repeat 10-15 times exercise.
As you can see, Pilates exercises are quite simple to perform. The only difficult moment is concentration of attention and the need to constantly keep the press in tension. But believe me, you will cope with this after 2 weeks of hard training. Having mastered the initial level of Pilates, you can begin to practice more difficult exercises.
Indications and Contraindications
With this technique, primary osteoarthritis and osteoporosis can be prevented.
Pilates can be practiced in the initial stages of scoliosis, but only under the supervision of a doctor and trainer. They will select exercises to strengthen the muscular system without a load on the spine. The same goes for people with intervertebral hernia.
The technique will ease the suffering of people who suffer from migraines, exercise helps relieve pain, prevent attacks. This sport is suitable for children, teenagers and people over 40 years.
Pilates is necessary for those who lead a sedentary lifestyle, adolescents during the hormonal growth period, to prevent muscle pain, fatigue and mood swings.
The system is recommended for overweight people who have weak muscles and shortness of breath. Pilates gradually burns subcutaneous fat without harm to health.
- infectious diseases, colds, fever up to 38 °, due to lack of coordination there is a risk of injury,
- skeletal tumors provoke fractures and disease progression,
- injuries of bones, muscle and ligaments that have not been treated (relapse may occur),
- curvature of the spine, foot deformity 3 degrees, various injuries of the spine,
- mental disorders threaten coordination disorder,
- predisposition to bleedings.
Pilates training rules
Experienced trainers recommend starting with simple exercises with a low load on the muscles. You will need a practice mat, to turn on the relax music for concentration, clothing should be comfortable. Observe the following rules:
Focus on the exercise, which you are doing, watch for the load, the intensity of muscle tension, do not think about anything extra.
Breathe properly you need to inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth, while the muscles of the abdomen are tense. The lower part of the lungs is active, you need to breathe deeply, it is hard, but over time everything will turn out.
The back is constantly straight, the upper part of the head stretches towards the ceiling, the lower part of the spine is drawn in, the shoulder blades flatten. The muscles of the abdomen are tense.
Do exercises with high quality even if reps will be less.
Take Pilates as a dance, move smoothly, breathe deeply, try to relax and have fun.
In some cases Exercises must be visualized.
Learn to control different muscle groups.
Reviews about the method
Pilates, like any sport, causes a lot of controversy, some do not believe in its effectiveness, while others argue that it is the best sport. One thing is clear, in order to feel its action, it is necessary to delve into the theory.
Anastasia: “I am not a very active person, and therefore my physical training is minimal. I started a month ago, the first I noticed the results after 2 weeks: the body was tightened, the waist became thinner, the skin is more elastic. Usually I can not stand for more than 3 weeks, but I perceive Pilates as a way to relax and invigorate. I am pleased with the results, this is both useful and pleasant. ”
Irina: "My opinion, Pilates is a stupid sport I tried to work with different trainers, but I did not feel any loads. In my opinion, normal fitness and jogging are much more effective. ”
Kira: "Pilates - a great way not only to lose weight, but also to improve your health! I recovered with it after stretching the ligaments, now I want to lose some weight. I work with a trainer, each lesson for 40 minutes, after training I barely go, but in a good way (a decent load). As a result, a toned and slim body in 1 month! ”
Performing exercises for this technique, you must clearly follow the rules, because in Pilates, superior quality, not quantity. After mastering the basics, you will begin to enjoy the exercises. And at this stage, the results are not long in coming.