A bathroom is a place where a person performs hygiene, which means that most of the pollution will be associated with the use of soap and water. A soap bloom is quite difficult to remove from the surface of the walls, and the water, rich in iron impurities, leaves an ugly yellow bloom on the plumbing surface. How to deal with it and how to wash the bath?
Nuances of care
Of course, old stains and dirt are harder to clean than fresh ones, so you need to take care of a room that helps keep your body clean. In addition, it is necessary to take into account the material used for the manufacture of sanitary ware, because those tools that can be used for cast iron can be destructive for acrylic.
Today, you can get a huge amount of all kinds of tools for different types of work and a variety of materials. If you can afford to install in this room plumbing from natural or artificial stone, earthenware, porcelain and other expensive and capricious care materials, it is best not to experiment and purchase special products to care for them.
If you think you can clean the acrylic bath from rust and deposits, then, as they say, options are possible.
The owners of the cast-iron enameled bowl have more scope for activities, since it is rather difficult to spoil something with such a coating.
Return bath white
How can I clean the bath of stubborn dirt?
Here are some proven effective recipes:
- Armed with rubber gloves, process all the yellow unsightly places with hydrochloric acid. After a quarter of an hour, rinse with running water. It is possible to clean the surface with any means you like - “Domestos”, “Comet” or something else, and repeat the procedure,
- Old rust will help remove turpentine. First, the surface must be rubbed with salt, and then treated with a sponge dipped in turpentine. Finally, wash the bowl with any detergent and rinse well with water,
- Return the bath white view and you can in this way: mix 2 tbsp. l soda and baking soda and process the surface of the bowl with this mixture. Leave alone for a while. Meanwhile, in 50 ml of vinegar stir 50 g of dry bleach and apply this solution to the surface without removing the first layer. Leave for half an hour, and then rinse with water.
How to return clean walls
What can wash the limescale in the bathroom? Unfortunately, not only the bowl itself, but also the surrounding space — walls, mixer, floor, pipes, etc. — are subject to pollution. Owners of their homes are often faced with fungus and mold, affecting the seams between the ceramic tiles.
You can and should fight this, here are a few ways:
- Pour 100 ml of liquid ammonia into a glass container and add 50 ml of hydrogen peroxide to it in a thin stream. Dip a cloth into the solution, handle contaminated surfaces. After a quarter of an hour, rinse with hot water,
- How else to clean the tile in the bathroom from the raid? Regular citric acid - Dissolve the 15-teabag sachet in a glass of hot water and use to clean the dirty tiles. If you do not mind the pure lemon juice, you can take it,
- The role of citric acid successfully perform hot vinegar. To enhance its effect, you can add a little salt to it,
- The joints between the tiles, affected by mold, can be washed as follows. In one glass of hot water, stir 2.5 tbsp. l soda and 1 tbsp. l washing powder. Armed with a sponge or brush, start bathing.
How to revive acrylic bath
Cleaning the bath of such material requires compliance with certain rules. It is not recommended to use abrasives, but you can use acids. Although it is necessary to proceed with caution here, as strong chemical preparations-solvents can damage the composite surface.
Separately use vinegar, lemon juice or sorrel acid diluted with water. Remember that drugs such as alcohol, formic acid, ammonia, acetone and formaldehyde can be detrimental to the surface of the acrylic bath.
In any case, choosing a remedy for stubborn dirt, yellowness or rust, you must first test the surface. That is, put a little money on some invisible eye area and see the reaction. If lime and other dirt goes away, and the surface does not change its texture and color, then this tool can be used for a large area.
The tile in the bathroom can be washed with ordinary soap or dishwashing detergent, but this should be done regularly, preventing the formation of old deposits and rust.
That's all the recommendations. Good luck and let your bath shine with cleanliness!
1. Perfectly clean tiles
Over time, a thin layer of plaque appears on smooth tiles. If the bathroom is not sufficiently ventilated, then between the tiles there are unpleasant spots of black mold. To return the tiles to their former beauty, regularly wipe them with vinegar solution (100 ml of vinegar per 1 l of water). A toothbrush moistened in vinegar will help get rid of mold and dirt inside the seams.
2. White ceiling
Dilute the vinegar in warm water in a 1: 1 ratio. Dip a conventional mop into the solution and wash the ceiling in the bathroom. This excellent tool will help you to permanently get rid of stains and dust. Just try to keep your eyes from getting drops of vinegar solution. It is best to wear safety glasses during this procedure.
3. Exemplary shower
Hard water contributes to lime scale. Over time, it fills the holes in the shower head, thereby blocking the normal flow of water. To get rid of this problem, there is no need to buy a new mixer. Pour the vinegar into a plastic bag, immerse the nozzle in it and tie the ends tightly. After two hours, rinse the rest of the vinegar with running water. You will no longer have complaints about the weak pressure of water from the shower.
4. The sparkling mirror
You can, of course, wash the mirror using special cleaning sprays for mirror surfaces. But if suddenly they were not at hand, prepare a solution of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Apply it on the mirror, and then go with a wet sponge. If after that you wipe the mirror with a clean cloth with a small amount of shaving cream, it will not only shine clean, but will also stop misting.
5. Immaculate bath
This item requires special treatment. To keep the bath clean, you can not use aggressive or abrasive agents. They can leave behind the smallest scratches and other damage that will spoil the perfect look of your bath. Take 4 liters of water, add half a glass of vinegar, a glass of alcohol and a quarter cup of soda. Apply the resulting solution to the surface and wait 15 minutes. Then rinse with cold water. The result will exceed your wildest expectations!
6. Shining Cocks
Getting rid of rust is not as difficult as it may seem at first glance. Dissolve 1 cup of salt in 2 liters of hot water). Apply the solution to the nickel-plated surface of the taps and leave for a quarter of an hour, then rinse with warm water. Now the cranes once again delight the eye with its pristine radiance.
7. Toilet cleanliness
Cleaning the toilet is easy and simple, if you apply a solution with the addition of soda and lemon juice. Per 100 ml of warm water, add 20 g of soda and 10 g of lemon juice. Apply the mixture to the rim of the toilet bowl, and then rinse with a toilet brush. In this case, traces of limescale, often appearing at the water's edge, will disappear without a trace. Try to clean the bathroom regularly. Then she will not give you unnecessary trouble.
How to get your bathtub clean
Unfortunately, not everyone can boast of a whiteness bathroom at home. If the bathroom has stood for several years, and no longer pleases with its radiant cleanliness, and it is not so easy to allocate funds for its repair, there is still a way out. You can use the acrylic insert in the bath.
Of course, before this, every housewife tries to restore her old appearance to her bathroom with the help of a huge amount of detergents, which, unfortunately, do not always bring the desired effect, and sometimes even harm to health. To the beauty of the bathroom does not fade in a few years, you must constantly maintain its appearance. In the arsenal of a good housewife must always be various means to care for the bathroom. Rags and sponges should be chosen in such a way that they do not harm your bath. For acrylic and cast iron baths, it is necessary to choose different detergents and different sponges on which these products will be applied.
Enameled bathrooms can be well cleaned and bleached using harsh acid-based chemicals. We must remember that you should not use metal sponges for washing and cleaning the bathroom. Whatever coating is applied to the bathroom, a metal sponge can damage it.
If you are the owner of an acrylic bath, it should never be washed with alcohol-based products. Alcohol can corrode the surface. Powder products will leave a lot of scratches. For cleaning acrylic baths, liquid products and gels are best suited.
Do not forget about the popular methods of cleaning. For example, baking soda. Apply it to a wet bathroom, then leave for a while. After that - wipe thoroughly. Your bathroom will become white and clean. The second cleaning method is vinegar or citric acid. They are good help in the fight against rust stains and bloom. Vinegar can be diluted with water, in a ratio of one to one. Dampen a cloth with this solution and place it in polluted places. After a while wipe and rinse with water. Lemon juice can be simply squeezed onto problem areas. After some time, rinse with water.
Before saving the bathroom with expensive repairs, try a variety of detergents and traditional methods. You may not need to invest a lot of money in order to make the bathroom spotless and beautiful.
Reasons why a bath gets dirty
Before you start looking for a way to help wash the bath to white, you need to understand with the reasons for the appearance of divorces and other spots.
- A raid from the soap. The result of using different shampoos, bath products and regular soap is the appearance of a film on the surface of the water in the bathroom. It is not always possible to remove it by simple rinsing. This film eats into the plumbing surface, and it is impossible to do without detergents.
- Lime scale formed from high water hardness. This is the most common problem for the bathroom.
- Rust causes tap water with a high content of iron in it.
- If the bath is yellowed, The reason for this was the old pipes, which are not always well washed.
- Mold usually accumulates on the tile joints between the parts, on the window slopes, the ceiling. This fungus is very dangerous for health, so you need to fight it.
- Colored spots may be the result of careless handling of hair dye, spilled or spilled solution of potassium permanganate, brilliant green and other substances.
- Contamination from repairs. The bath is very susceptible to various stains, dust easily sits on it. Therefore, when carrying out repairs, it must be protected with film or other materials.
How to clean the bath from rust?
To clean the bath from rust at home will help the following means.
- Ammonia. It is applied to the spots for a few minutes and washed off with water.
- Lemon juice. The method is the same as with liquid ammonia.
- Cooking Surface Treatment salt and vinegar.
Rust can also be cleaned with soda ash (sodium carbonate) bath. It is sold in all stores of household chemicals. The procedure will be as follows.
- Mix the two types of soda (soda and food) in the same proportions.
- Add water to obtain a homogeneous mushy consistency.
- Sponge or brush evenly distribute the composition on the surface of the product.
- Table vinegar and bleach in powder granules also combine in equal quantities.
- Apply this mixture to soda.
- Wait 30 minutes and wash well with clean water.
It is washed if the bath is cleaned. soda and vinegar.
- Mix baking soda with soda ash, apply to the surface of the product, leave for 30 minutes. After that, a little rub and rinse with water.
- In vinegar moistened paper towels, which cover the entire inner surface of the bath. After 5 hours, the towels are removed and the product is washed with water.
What else can wash the bath of yellow bloom? Rescue citric acid. 100 g of the product is dissolved in 400 ml of water. All yellow areas on the bathroom are covered with this agent with a sponge.
It often forms in places where the bathroom adjoins the wall. Its cleaning is possible with activated carbon. Coal is mixed with whiteness to a mushy consistency and distribute the composition over the mold fungus. An hour later, wash off with water.
Another effective way to use soda. How to clean the bath soda mold? Very simple. It is applied to the problem area with a rather thick layer, then plentifully watered with table vinegar. After the end of the reaction, wash everything thoroughly with water.
How to wash an acrylic bath?
Acrylic bath requires careful, careful handling and the same purification. Care should be regular, consisting in rinsing after each use of the product with the use of gentle means.
It is forbidden to use:
- agents that contain alkalis and acids. They are disastrous for acrylic,
- solutions containing alcohol,
- chlorine bleach and other products that contain this substance.
Wash the acrylic limescale bath with a mild detergent solution. If the surface of the product is not damaged, then this method will perfectly cope with the task.
Acrylic bath at home from rust and other raids washed with vinegar (which is preheated) and salt. An alternative could be a mixture of the same table salt and turpentine. These same tools will help clean the acrylic bath from yellowness.
Than wash enameled bath?
The enameled bath has an upper layer that is rather thin. Therefore, in this case, all methods of coarse cleaning are contraindicated. At home, you can use hydrogen peroxide, ammonia, tested soda and vinegar.
Rust is removed with porridge from water and soda, which is applied to the stain, kept for about one hour and well washed off with water. Bleached surface soda ash with the addition of food. Limescale plaque removes ammonia and juice of fresh lemon.
You can also clean the enameled bath with mustard. It not only removes impurities, but also disinfects the surface qualitatively.
How to wash an old cast-iron bath?
Such plumbing products are typical of old houses. The production technology of cast iron baths was based on the addition of zirconium salts to the material from which they were made. It is because of them that yellow spots are formed after contact with water.
Cast iron bath with yellowness wash with vinegar. Pour a full bath of water and add 200 ml of essence to it. Leave for 3-4 hours, rinse well with water. This universal cleaning fluid has repeatedly rescued housewives in different situations, making ordinary household cleaning better and more effective.
From the very old stains rescued ammonia. It should be added to 0.5 cups of liquid soap and distribute the composition on the surface of the bathroom. After this procedure, the bath will be shiny again. If you know how to clean the ancient cast-iron bath, you will not have to change the product to a new one, and it will last more than one year.
How to wash the bath from potassium permanganate and brilliant green?
These two components are the most common types of dirt in a bathroom. Even a weakly concentrated solution of manganese will leave dark marks on the surface of the product.
A drop of a solution of brilliant green will also add color.
Manganese is washed with a solution of hydrogen peroxide and lemon (or fresh lemon juice), they will not only quickly discolor the spots that appear, but will make the bath shine.
Zelenka remove alcohol. However, if the plumbing surface is made of acrylic, then the alcohol may be powerless against contamination.
How to wash a bath after repair?
In order not to have to deal with its consequences on the soiled bathroom upon completion of the repair work, the product must be protected from the entry of building materials. If trouble happened, you can use following means.
- Wash the bath of paint will help any solvent (for example, white spirit). It is important to work quickly so that the paint does not have time to soak into the surface.
- First wash away the dusty plaque with warm water, then clean it with citric acid.
How to wash the sealant from the bath?
Sealant is another type of dirt on the bathroom. It is used to ensure the reliability of joints and seams. Sooner or later the question arises how to wash the bath of this material.
В данном случае можно воспользоваться народными методами с применением поваренной соли, но лучше купить профессиональные средства специально для таких случаев.
Чистка хромированных поверхностей
Taps over the bathroom, shower hoses require no less attention than the plumbing product itself. There also appears lime and rust - the first enemies of the bathrooms. Chrome covers faucets, handles on the bathroom and other items.
All-purpose baking soda that is applied to the products will clean the rust from the chrome-plated surface. You can also use vinegar or tooth powder. All components are evenly distributed over the objects using a sponge or soft cloth. Chrome parts are kept in this state for about half an hour, then they are washed with water.
There are many ways to answer the question of how to wash the bath from various impurities. Follow the above rules and guidelines and your bath will shine. But it is better not to wait for general cleaning, but to take care of the product regularly, then you will not have to spend time and energy on removing significant old stains.
I DON'T GO THIS ON THE BALL, THE CROSS
Eaten stains on the plastic toilet seat can be removed by soaking it in chlorine paste for 15-20 minutes. If this does not work, rub fine sandpaper or pumice with bleach. Again did not help? But what is it, absolutely nothing to go. Throw away and buy a new one.
OLD GOOD KNOWN LIME ON CRANES
Put a napkin moistened with vinegar on the taps and leave to soak overnight. In hard-to-reach places will help our good acquaintance Old Tooth Fair ... Brush. After - wash off with warm water and soap. Repeat this regularly, and you will always have a clean bath!
TILES FROM YELLOW BRICK
The seams on the tile can be cleaned of mold with an old toothbrush moistened with chlorine solution. Chlorine-containing means for toilet bowls in pure form or bleach with water 1: 4.
Brass and bronze interior details are cleaned with a paste of soda and lemon juice. Lightly rub brows with a paste, leave for a few minutes and polish with a dry, clean cloth. Other tools for cleaning their own hands.
WHEN THE CAPITAL WILL NOT COME
Calcium deposits in the shower can litter it and pour water weaker and past. Soak the watering can overnight in a 1: 1 solution of vinegar with water, and you will get a clean bathroom.
BUT LIVES WITHOUT ANY GLORY MEDIUM GREEN OAKRAW
Oh, you nasty glass! Splashes of hairspray on the mirror are removed with a swab with alcohol or nail polish remover. Here, now you can repeat: "Am I in the world all the sweeter?".
Based on Good Housekeeping. Photo: fotoimedia.