The best shugaring recipe
Perfect shugaring: cooking recipe
If you are going to make shugaring at home, the recipe for its preparation should be chosen in advance. Indeed, despite the fact that the main component of pasta is sugar, the recipes are very different.. The easiest way to buy a ready-made paste for hair removal. However, by preparing it yourself, you will get a lot of pleasure and will be absolutely confident in the quality of all components and in the absence of additives.
The most popular shugaring recipes
The shugaring recipe is pretty simple. It consists of sugar, water, lemon or lemon juice. There are recipes for pasta and with the addition of honey. However, depending on the required amount of shugaring paste, the recipe may vary slightly in the quantitative composition of all the necessary ingredients.
Most popular recipes:
- Sugar paste for shugaring with lemon. You will need 280 grams of granulated sugar, 50 ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice and 50 ml of water. All ingredients are thoroughly mixed, and the pan is put on the fire. After boiling the intensity of the fire is removed. The mixture for shugaring need to constantly stir. As soon as the liquid changes color to amber, the paste is ready. This can occur approximately 5-7 minutes after boiling. It is not recommended to perederzhivat paste on the fire, because in this case, hair removal sugar will be unsuccessful. The use of lemon guarantees you maximum painlessness of the procedure, since this component has strong softening properties.
- Shugaring with honey and lemon. Suitable only for those who do not have an allergic reaction to honey and bee products. The recipe for sugar paste has the following components: 250 g of granulated sugar, 50 ml of lemon juice, 2 tbsp. l water and 2 tbsp. l honey The pot with the mixture must be put on a very small fire and constantly stirred. After boiling, the mass should boil for another 15-20 minutes under the lid. All this time it must be interfered periodically. The perfect honey shugaring should be plastic and soft. The advantage of this method of preparing a paste for sugar depilation is that honey protects and moisturizes the skin.
- Recipe without lemon, but using citric acid. The recipe for shugaring without lemon is very simple and convenient. Its advantage lies in the fact that you do not have to look for a lemon, as soon as you decide to make shugaring at home. Citric acid is in the house of every hostess. To prepare you need 4 tbsp. l sugar, 2 tbsp. l water and 1 tbsp. l citric acid. This pasta recipe involves the use of a water bath. A saucepan with sugar and water should be placed in a water bath. Citric acid is added a little later when the sugar begins to dissolve. As soon as the mixture becomes white, the saucepan must be moved to a slow fire. It should be cooked for about 10-12 minutes, while constantly stirring.
How to choose a suitable recipe for shugaring?
Making shugaring at home, the recipe can be slightly modified. This should be done not because some components or proportions are wrong. This is due to the fact that the quality of granulated sugar can be different. When included in the recipe for lemon shugaring, there may also be certain nuances. A large role is played by the type of stove - gas or electric, because the cooking time depends on the heating rate of the mixture and the intensity of combustion. Therefore, it is impossible to determine one exact cooking time for all cases.
Therefore, to choose the best recipe for cooking pasta at home can only be experienced. Do not be upset if the first time you did not succeed. Try again. You can experiment a bit with the ingredients or cooking time. Especially if the resulting mass was too soft or, on the contrary, hard and thick.
To determine the readiness of the paste can be on its appearance and texture. The color of the finished product must be amber. If you have a dark brown sugar mass, it means that you simply digested it, and you cannot use it for depilation: you will not get the desired result and you will only be disappointed in using this method of getting rid of excess vegetation.
The readiness of the mixture can be checked in another way. A drop of sugar mass should be dropped on a plate - if it does not stick to hands, then it is ready and it can be used.
How much can you use ready-made pasta?
If you are cooking shugaring paste at home for the first time, do not cook a large amount. Indeed, due to the lack of experience from the first time, the sugar paste may simply not turn out and all used ingredients will be wasted.
In addition, if you have not done sugar epilation before, you need to start small. Therefore, having prepared the paste at one time, you will be able to try out this method of hair removal and decide whether you will continue to remove vegetation in this way.
Subject to the success of the first attempts at preparing the mixture and carrying out the procedure of epilation, it is possible to prepare a larger paste. Leftovers can be stored in a tightly closed plastic container at room temperature for a long time - up to a year. It is not recommended to put the container in the refrigerator. Before the next procedure, a small part of the mass must be heated in a microwave or in a water bath.
Sugar hair removal will help you to permanently get rid of unwanted vegetation. Growing hairs will become much thinner and less noticeable.
And having prepared the paste for shugaring yourself, you can significantly reduce the cost of the procedure.
You will get perfectly smooth, smooth and silky skin.
Which paste is suitable for home use
All bases for shugaring rearrange sugar candy with water and some acid, rarely other ingredients are present. Recipes shugaring at home a lot. Regardless of the composition, the main thing here is to determine the right consistency, which is difficult for most women.
- Soft The consistency of the honey, ideal for bandage technology, rarely used for manual hair removal.
- Average. This mass is used for manual technology, ideal for the treatment of arms and legs, copes well with soft and moderately hard hair.
- Dense. Ideal for underarms, bikini areas and other areas of the body with thick, rough vegetation. It is applied only to manual equipment.
When cooking the working material at home, all kinds are used, but it is more convenient to work with medium density caramel. In most cases, it is used on the whole body.
Cooking paste for shugaring. Recipes
The main rule in making shugaring is the constant control over the process. Even for a few seconds, sugar is easy to digest. As a result, it will be impossible to work with him, hair will not be removed. Therefore, it is important to immediately get everything you need, find 10-15 minutes free and not be distracted from the process.
- Sugar is better to take large. Fine sand is worse than caramelization, and ground powder is also not suitable. If the main product is not enough, it is better to make half a serving or 2/3, reducing the amount of other components of the ingredients.
- Lemon juice is fresh or frozen. It can be replaced with a dry concentrate.
- Boil the pasta at home on the stove to the stainless steel saucepan. Enamelware is not suitable, it is also undesirable to use teflon coated utensils.
- It is necessary to transfuse the mass immediately after preparation or in a few minutes when the heat subsides. Then it will be difficult to do.
After cooking, you do not need to scrape the saucepan with a brush, just pour water immediately. After half an hour, the sticky layer will melt and independently move away from the walls.
Lemon Shugaring Recipe
The classic shugaring paste recipe. According to it, it is easy to make a liquid mass under the banding technique or thick caramel for the manual method of hair removal. It all depends on the duration of cooking. Additionally, you will need a bowl of cold water to help you quickly determine the density.
Sugar - 10 tbsp. l
Lemon - 0.5 pcs.
Water - 1 tbsp. l
Squeeze out the lemon juice, add the rest of the ingredients in the recipe. If the citrus is small, you can use it entirely. Stir, cover and put on the smallest fire. Melt all the sand until the mass boils. If bubbles begin to appear, and the grains remain, you can turn off the stove for a while, let the syrup stand. Next, remove the lid, cook the pasta on a small fire to caramel color. After 3 minutes after the start of boiling, pour a small amount of syrup with a spoon and drop it into a bowl (in a glass) with cold liquid. Touch the caramel piece. It should thicken, but creased like clay.
If the caramel stretches like a chewing gum, then it is ready for bandage technology with rags. For a manual way to continue cooking. Check every 15-30 seconds. If necessary, change the water to a colder one, since it will quickly heat up from hot drops. As soon as the ball becomes thick, remove the pan from the heat and put on something cold. Pour into a jar - and shugaring paste at home is ready! It remains only to cool.
Recipe shugaring with citric acid
If there is no natural lemon juice, you can prepare a paste for shugaring with a dry analogue. Must lay the product strictly according to the norm or a little more. In this case, it will be softer and more pliable. If you add an insufficient amount of acid, the paste will not become viscous, will quickly harden, you will not be able to produce high-quality epilation.
Clear water - 2 tbsp. l
Sugar - 6 tbsp. l
Citric acid - 1/2 Art. l
Combine all ingredients for shugaring in a saucepan, stir. Put on the stove, warm up a minute. Turn off. Leave for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, so that the sugar grains dispersed quickly. Turn on the stove again. Boil the caramel for about 4 minutes. Periodically check readiness, dropping a drop in the water. Ready pasta remove from heat, pour, cool.
Shugaring in the microwave
This option will especially appeal to those who do not want to stand at the stove or do not have enough time to cook the sugar mass. Very simple and quick shugaring paste recipe. In addition to sugar, you need a microwave and some honey. Another feature - the complete absence of water.
Honey - 1/4 cup.
Granulated sugar - 1 glass
Lemon juice - 1/4 cup
Combine the juice with honey, then add to the sugar. Stir well. Put in the microwave for 15 seconds, the maximum power. Remove, interfere. Need to get rid of the bubbles. Put in the oven again for 15 seconds. Repeat until consistency is appropriate. To check drip some cooked pasta into the water or grab a toothpick, check the viscosity. When hot, it should have the consistency and color of liquid honey. In the process of cooling will be thicker.
Tip! Since the pasta according to this recipe will be prepared in the microwave, you can use the final container for cooking, in which the mass will be stored. Only be careful with plastic. If it is of poor quality, then under the action of heated sugar can be deformed.
Shugaring recipe with vinegar
Another version of sugar hair removal. It does not need either lemon juice or dry concentrated acid. It is enough to have in the arsenal of ordinary table or apple vinegar 6%. This shugaring paste recipe is especially suitable for summer, as from lemon juice the skin becomes more sensitive to the effects of the sun, pigment spots may appear.
Sugar - 6 tbsp. l
Vinegar 6% - 1 tbsp. l
Drinking water - 2 tbsp. l
Mix all the ingredients in a saucepan, put on the minimum heat, gradually warm until boiling. Then put the temperature on a deuce. Boil the paste until cooked, stirring regularly and checking the degree of hardening of the droplet in water. Remove from heat, cool to warm, use as directed.
Tip! If the kitchen cabinet did not find diluted vinegar of the desired concentration, it is easy to prepare it yourself. The table with proportions and method of preparation are described on the label of the essence.
Shugaring paste is stored in containers or in any other cans, but silicone molds are ideal for this. They sticky mass does not stick, there is no problem with the extraction and washing. Caramel does not require special conditions, it is wonderful in the refrigerator or indoors on the shelf with other cosmetics, but it is important to protect the mass from moisture. To do this, use a tight lid.
If the caramel becomes hard over time, then it should be heated in a microwave. It is important not to bring to a hot state, as under the action of high temperatures the product is digested and becomes unsuitable. There is also a big risk of getting burned with hot syrup.
Shugaring has a number of contraindications: varicose veins, any viral and skin diseases. Avoid hair removal on irritated or damaged surfaces. Also do not forget about the intolerance of ingredients. Allergies are usually caused by citrus or honey. In this case, you can choose other options: with vinegar and without bee products.
The next step is the proper procedure of shugaring
For the first experience of home Persian hair removal was marked by success, it is important not only to cook the paste correctly, but also to carry out the procedure with high quality:
- A cooled, warm paste is applied to clean feet against hair growth.
- Then tissue strips are glued to the leg tightly.
- Ripping off applicators is done by hair growth
- The remains of shugaring paste are washed off with warm water.
- Legs treated with antiseptic spray
- Within 6 hours sports activities, sunbathing and water treatments are excluded.
The beauty and health of the body for Persian depilation depends on the implementation of all the recommendations of professionals and those who in practice have derived the exact recipe of a mixture for shugaring.
Shugaring at home: the pros and cons
Shugaring is an epilation based on sugar. This product is in every home. For the first time discovered this method in ancient Persia. But, despite the centuries, technology has not changed and is still popular.
The effect of sugar paste is comparable to waxing, but the main difference is much less pain. And the skin after shugaring will remain silky and smooth.
- Availability. Thanks to inexpensive ingredients, every woman can afford this procedure. After all, you need only lemon juice (lemon), sugar and water.
- Security. It is almost impossible to get a burn or inflammation. The main thing is to follow the recommendations for application. Together with the roots of the hairs, it is impossible to tear off the top layer of the skin, which maintains an attractive appearance.
- The procedure is comfortable. The body should be applied barely warm paste, which eliminates burns. Low pain due to pulling hairs in the direction of growth.
- Compared with other methods of getting rid of unwanted vegetation, the effect lasts much longer. Depending on the type of skin and hair, the result lasts from two to four weeks.
- Can be used on the same skin area many times. Compared to wax, which damages and irritates the skin, sugar paste can be applied to the hairy area as many times as necessary before they are completely removed.
- After the procedure, it is enough to wash off the remains with water.
As with any epilation, shugaring has disadvantages:
- The duration of the procedure is much longer than when removing wax or shaving. For example, for shugaring intimate zone deep bikini will take half an hour. At the same time, when removing the wax will have to spend no more than half an hour.
- Despite the fact that the recipe is simple, you need to learn how to make pasta. If you slightly digest it, then the desired effect will not work. Be patient and after a few workouts you will have the perfect mix.
- It is necessary to monitor the temperature of the mass during use. Outside, sugar paste can be warm, and inside it can stay hot. As a result, you can get burned.
To get a quick and high-quality effect, follow the simple guidelines.
- Apply paste with soft and plastic movements, and remove clearly and quickly.
- In order not to injure the dermis, be sure to sprinkle the skin with talcum powder before the procedure.
- To reduce pain sensitivity, to prevent the breaking of hairs and to prevent paste sticking, before removing, be sure to stretch the skin.
- To stop the pain, immediately after removal, lightly touch the skin with your free hand.
- If you decide to treat several areas of the skin, then you should start with the most sensitive.
- When removing facial hair, manipulate only in the direction of the massage line.
- Remove hairs only in the direction of growth. This will help avoid inflammation and reduce the time for the procedure.
For shugaring of hands, backs, legs, the bandage method is suitable, in which a soft paste is applied to a large area of skin. Special strips are glued on top and can be replaced with a cotton cloth. Then the strip is removed with a sharp movement.
Manual (manual) method is used for shugaring underarms, antennae, beard, bikini. For this procedure, the mass will need medium and solid density.
Simple sugar paste for shugaring
Sugar caramel, rolled into balls, helps to get rid of unnecessary vegetation. It must be applied to the body against hair growth, then flatten and remove in the direction of growth.
Paste allows you to cope even with short hair and serves as a kind of scrub - removes dead cells.
- Prepare enameled container. To place products, except lemon. The mixture must be constantly stirred, otherwise the mass will burn. Boil until golden.
- Pour in citric acid. Mass sharply dark. Boil two minutes and remove from heat.
It is impossible to apply hot. Wait a few minutes. Mass for the procedure requires a warm, pleasant to the body.
With essential oils
Essential oils contain beneficial substances that help to care for the skin. Possessing bactericidal properties, they help relieve inflammation, heal wounds and have a slight peeling effect. Many people believe that this option is ideal for bikini. But you can remove vegetation obtained paste on any parts of the body.
Possible problems during cooking
At first glance it seems that it is very easy to remove hairs on the body with the help of caramel paste. But, at the first attempts to cook the paste on their own, many girls face problems.
- The most common is sticking pasta. This is due to the fact that the mass is not added, it is necessary to hold it on the fire for a longer time so that the mixture becomes more dense.
- Mass burns during cooking. To avoid this will help constant mixing pasta during cooking. You can not be distracted, otherwise it will immediately burn.
- Shugaring sticks to hands. During cooking, regularly check the condition of the paste on your hands. She should not stick. If it turned out too soft, then the mass will not have depilating properties. Boil it for a few more minutes.
- The mass is liquid or solid. It is necessary to strictly observe the proportions indicated in the recipe; if you add more water, the paste will remain liquid and not suitable for use. If less - hardens and also will not work with her.
- In order not to spoil the structure of the paste, it is necessary to cook at a minimum heat and prevent the formation of a large foam. Only bubbles are allowed on the surface.
How to use
Observing the correct approach to the procedure, you will get a long result and painless removal.
- Take a shower. This will help the pores to open up and reduce pain as a result.
- Use baby powder or talcum powder. Apply to the area of skin that you are going to treat. Mass easier to stick to the hairs and does not touch the epidermis.
- Before use, mash the paste well.
- The ideal hair length is five millimeters.
- Place on the desired surface paste against hair growth. Thick layer is not worth doing. Hold for five seconds. Then abruptly remove in the direction of hair growth, after pulling the skin.
- Rinse with water.
If you accurately follow the instructions for preparation and use, it is easy to avoid negative consequences. As a result, get silky and very smooth skin.
Shugaring Pasta Recipe
The procedure for preparing a paste for sugar hair removal is the same for all recipes, and is based on heat treatment. The method of cooking paste consists of constant stirring of caramel over low heat, which is based on sugar and water, for 10-15 minutes. There is the option of cooking pasta in the microwave. In 3-5 minutes you will get the mass of the required density.
The main thing in the cooking process is to choose the right proportion of ingredients. From this factor, as well as from the cooking time of caramel (sugar syrup), will depend on the density of the paste. Whatever ingredients you use to choose the consistency of sugar paste, you should pay attention to a number of important rules:
• pay attention to the water temperature (in some cases, extremely warm water is taken),
• take only large crystals of sugar,
• if you take honey as an additional component of the paste - make sure that there is no allergy,
• if desired, add no more than 1 - 2 drops of essential oil. More fraught with burns on the body.
Below we consider in more detail the cooking procedure, and each will certainly choose for themselves the best recipe for homemade shugaring paste.
Soft and dense shugaring paste
We focused your attention on the fact that the degree of viscosity of the paste depends on the amount of time spent on the plate of ingredients and their proportion. The denser the mass, the smaller the area it will cover (therefore, a greater number of ingredients will have to be spent), but with a thicker layer. Of course, at first glance it may seem that thick paste will cope better with getting rid of hairs. Soft paste will cover a large area of the body, but with a thinner layer, and will also effectively cope with the removal of regrown hair, as well as thick paste.
The recipe for making soft density shugaring paste is as follows. You need to stock up on the following set of ingredients:
• 1 - 2 lemons,
• 360 grams of granulated sugar
• 50 ml of water.
Place all the sugar in a small saucepan and add water. Mix. Turn on the fire and wait for the mixture to heat up. Continuing to stir, after 5 minutes you will notice that the sugar has boiled. Continue stirring until bubbles form on the surface of the mixture. If by this time the sugar has dissolved, turn off the fire; if not, reduce the heat and wait for the sugar to dissolve. In the second case, it will take another 3 to 5 minutes. Get a sugar syrup. Now we have to work with an additional ingredient - lemon. Lemon should be pressed in such a way as to get as much juice as possible. Strain the juice through a sieve, you will get rid of unnecessary pulp. Add lemon juice to syrup. Stir and cover the saucepan with a lid. Approximately, after 3 hours, the resulting paste can be used.
Soft paste for shugaring, the recipe of which is presented above, it is better not to use for deep bikini and underarms.
We present a recipe for thick paste for shugaring. The proportions of ingredients in this case are as follows:
• 1 lemon,
• 100 g sugar,
• 10 ml of warm water.
As in the first case, mix the sugar with water on the stove. Do not forget about the slow fire! Bring to a boil (about 10 minutes). In order to determine whether a paste has really turned out of a dense texture, we drip a little of the obtained substance into a cup with cool water. Saw the volume drop formed? Means, pasta turned out! If there is a desire, then simple warm water can be replaced with a decoction of herbs, for example, chamomile or St. John's wort. To prepare such an additional component, boiling water should be poured over the dry grass and brewed for 20-30 minutes. Although the procedure of sugar hair removal is the most benign and painless, but using a paste of high density, redness can remain on the skin. This applies primarily to the area of the armpits and bikini. If you are inclined to be overweight and want to lose weight, then if you intend to do epilation of your legs, we advise you to add some honey to treat your thighs. Especially suitable old candied honey! Rubbing a dense paste containing honey in its composition will also have an anti-cellulite effect.
What is sugar shugaring
Shugaring is one of the methods of getting rid of unwanted body hair. This method has been known for a very long time; it is said that Queen Cleopatra herself used sugar shugaring for her hair removal.
The peculiarity of this method is that hair is removed with the help of specially cooked sugar paste, which gently envelops the skin and practically does not provoke irritation even on very sensitive skin.
How to shugaring at home
Shugaring can easily be done at home, independently and without the help of cosmetologists. Asking how to make shugaring at home, you should know that shugaring at home is carried out step by step, and its implementation does not require special skills and special preparation.
The first thing to do is to prepare the skin for the procedure. It is enough to scrub the body (or only those places where hairs will be removed), then dry the skin well and in no case apply oils, lotions and creams to the body before performing the procedure.
The second step should be the preparation of shugaring at home (a special mixture for the procedure itself).
Shugaring at home step by step
After cooking the paste, you can proceed to the procedure itself shugaring.
How to make shugaring at home:
1. It is necessary to take a little pasta, roll it into a ball (for a bikini and underarms is small, for other areas like a walnut) and start stretching it.
2. Apply to the area of the skin against hair growth, smooth, and then sharply remove (the sharper the movement, the less painful the sensation), but in the direction of hair growth is parallel to the skin.
3. Then reapply the same piece to the skin and use it until hair has accumulated on it.
4. While you are ripping off the paste, use the other hand to tighten the skin to make the process less painful.
It is very important to remember that if it is wrong to tear off the paste, ingrown hairs and irritation may appear. Therefore, at home, it is best to shugaring in small areas and closely monitor the direction in which the hairs grow in a particular area.
If you doubt whether the correct paste turned out, the answer to the question of how to make shugaring at home exists online in formats of short visual notes or even the whole process from the moment of skin cleansing to the demonstration of smooth skin after the procedure.
Skin care after shugaring
Good news for all girls who are worried about how to shugaring at home without bad consequences. After shugaring, the percentage of skin injuries is minimal, there should be no irritation when properly performed, and the skin itself becomes soft and velvety. The answer to the question, if there is irritation after shugaring, what to do, is unambiguous - you need to soothe the skin and moisturize, but with low-fat oils and creams, and antiseptic ointments or thermal water.
How to care for your skin after shugaring
The first rule is not to expose the skin to sunlight for 12 hours after the procedure. You can also make a soothing compress from a decoction of chamomile and oak bark. During the first three days after shugaring, it is desirable to moisturize the skin and not to injure it with scrubbing agents.