Pappardelle ( pappardelle ) - one of the widest types of flat egg paste. The name of this noodle comes from the verb "pappare“that in the Tuscan dialect means“ to eat with pleasure and joy. ”The width of fresh pappardel can be up to 3 cm, dry shorter - 1.3-1.5 cm. pappardelli It is not difficult to cook, but they turn out to be incredibly tasty and fragrant.
For such a large-format, "rustic" pasta and sauces, appropriate, for example, suitable thick meat stews, game stews or large fried shrimps are suitable.
In Tuscany, which is considered the birthplace of this type of pasta, there are two traditional dishes with papardelle: pappardelle with braised rabbit Pappardelle sulla leper and pappardelle with stewed duck sauce, Pappardelle al ’anatra . However, this paste is perfectly combined with legumes, and with boiled spinach, and mushrooms. Moreover, sometimes it is added to soups.
Pappardelle Often they are not boiled to complete readiness, but only to softness, then they are shifted to sauce and brought to readiness. Thus, a wide pasta is impregnated with the flavors of the sauce and it becomes even tastier.
Here are some recipes with pappardelle.
Recipe for papardelle with mushrooms
For the preparation we need:
- Let's start with pasta dough: all you need is a pair of eggs and a little flour (200 g).
- Now the filling: the main ingredient - mushrooms (300 g), as well as cream with fat content of 30% - 150 ml. You will also need a couple of garlic cloves, butter and a mixture of Provencal herbs. We start cooking pasta.
We collect flour uphill, make a hole in the center and break two eggs into it. Then gradually stir the eggs with a fork, gradually grabbing flour from the edges. As a result, we roll the ball, wrap it in a film and send it to the cold for half an hour to rest. At the end of time, the dough should be rolled out as thin as possible, literally a couple of millimeters, and then cut into plates 2 cm wide. Shake the finished noodles with your fingers and sprinkle with a little flour.
Now stuffing: process the mushrooms, and then chop them up as small as possible. Garlic peeled and cut into small cubes. Heat the butter in a large frying pan and fry the garlic and mushrooms on it, stirring constantly.
After about 3 minutes, pour dry herbs and salt to taste, stirring, fry for another 5 minutes. Then pour in the cream and some water. At this time, we put water on the pasta: it loves space, so we boil a large saucepan, add salt and add a few drops of oil, throw in the noodles.
Cook for about 7 minutes until cooked. Finished pasta is poured into a colander, and then we shift it to the pan with the ready mushroom sauce. Eat this dish you need only hot.
What is the secret of Italian pasta papardelle?
Everyone knows how much Italian pasta is popular around the world, it is so tasty that Italians themselves use it for lunch, for dinner, and even for breakfast.
- Secret 1: Have you ever seen a fat and immense Italian ?! Do not remember, right? But they consume pasta daily, and at the same time remain slim. According to statistics, Italians consume about 25 kilograms of these flour products per year. This is the first and main secret of the Italian pasta - pasta is prepared from durum wheat and is always eaten in under-cooked form - Al dente, which does not contribute to weight gain.
- Secret 2: Any type of Italian noodle is always combined with sauce. There are a lot of variants of pasta sauces for papardelle, but more on that later.
- Secret 3: Paste must be able to cook properly. Boil it better in a large and spacious saucepan with plenty of water. Do not even think of breaking the noodles in half, as some do. Just dip it in boiling water, and gradually immerse it in water.
You can determine readiness simply by trying it. Italians test readiness like this: if the paste is soft outside, but a little hard inside, then it can be taken out of the water. Immediately after you put the cooked noodles, mix it thoroughly so that it does not stick. By the way, another secret of the Italians, they add some cold water to the pan with the paste so that it does not overcook, because when you turn off the fire, the noodles in the boiling water continue to boil. But if you are accustomed to throw away the pasta immediately in a colander, then continue like that, the only thing is never wash the pasta with cold water, so they will become in bad contact with the sauce.
Papardelle Pasta Sauces
Recipes with papardel, as a rule, do not do without sauce, so we offer you recipes of several famous sauces:
- Pesto Sauce is a classic Italian pasta dressing. Olive oil, cheese, basil, garlic, pine nuts and salt are necessary for its preparation.
- Sauce Carbonara - ideal for spaghetti, fettuccine and papardelle. The recipe includes: olive oil, garlic, eggs, parmesan, bacon, sour cream and spices.
- Sicilian sauce - made from tomatoes and onions, which are stewed in a mixture of olive oil, garlic, sardines, olives and capers.
- Garlic sauce is the easiest, as it is cooked in no time. Garlic is fried in olive oil with spices, herbs and chili.
- Sauce Bolognese is the most satisfying dressing; it is made from minced meat, vegetables, broth and red wine.
Papardelle pasta recipe with porcini mushrooms
- Pappardelle noodles - 1 pack (200 gr.),
- White mushrooms (fresh champignons) - 150 gr.,
- Onion - 1 pc.,
- Parmesan cheese - 50 gr.
- Olive or butter - 2 tbsp.,
- Garlic - 1 clove,
- Fatty cream - half a cup,
- Sour cream - 1 tbsp.
- Spices (thyme, parsley, salt, pepper, Italian herbs) - to taste.
- The scheme of how to boil pappardelle presented a little higher.
- Rinse the mushrooms under running water and pour boiling water on them for 10 minutes. Cut the mushrooms into small pieces.
- Peel the onions and garlic. Fry the onions with garlic in olive oil, then add the mushrooms to them.
- When the mushrooms are slightly fried add sour cream, cream and spices. And put it all out on low heat.
- In the resulting mushroom sauce, add the boiled papardelle and continue to simmer for about 2 minutes, do not forget to stir.
- When the mushroom dish is ready, lay it on a plate, sprinkle with grated parmesan and fresh parsley. Italian dish is possible. Bon appetit or Buon Appetito!
With creamy mushroom sauce, you can cook not only papardelli, but also other types of pasta. This delicacy is suitable both for everyday life and for receiving guests.
Cooking papardelle with salmon
Papardelle is a type of large pasta. Long strips about two centimeters wide. It is well combined with any kinds of sauces, but I prefer to them precisely creamy sauce with a delicate flavor without contrasting parmesan flavor. A sprig of rosemary will add intrigue. Cream is better to take either for sauces, or very fat.
How to cook a dish step by step with a photo at home
For cooking you will need papardelle, onion, cream, olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary. The fish is red.
Pasta put cook to the state of al dente. Dip in boiling water and cook for about 5-7 minutes over medium heat.
Remove skin and bones from fish.
Cut the fish into pieces.
Fry the onion in olive oil until transparent.
Add fish, rosemary and fry a little. If you prefer to add wine to sauces, this should be done at this moment. Pour in some white wine and evaporate it completely. I cooked for children and did not.
Pour in cream, add salt and pepper to taste. Boil until the moment when the cream begins to thicken. If the cream thickens very thickly, you can add a little bit of pasta cooking liquid to the sauce. The usual practice for the Italians.
Put the pasta in the sauce and warm slightly.
Serve immediately, garnished with rosemary on top.
Recipes: 365 Rating: 8607
Share the recipe with friends in social networks:
The best recipes of the category "Noodles":
Other site materials:
A classic dish that fits perfectly to any table - this is undoubtedly Philadelphia rolls. Learn to properly wrap the nori!
Yummy. Great combination - I like it!
Yummy! Often I cook this for my men
I think everyone loves pasta! 😍
What kind of veggie is it if there is a fish ?! Veggiery means --- eating only vegetables, not eating meat. The recipe stands with a false note and in vain fills the air in the section for true vegetarians.
20 11 hours ago
1 20 hours ago
41 21 hours ago
Use one of your social network accounts to sign in.
Not a member yet? Registration
Why do I need to register?
After registration, all services of our site will be available to you, namely:
- Recipe book for storing recipes.
- Calendar, for the formation of a shopping list for ingredients.
- Also, after registration you will be able to participate in the discussion of recipes, tips, and also ask your own questions.
To become a member of the community, you need to register on the site by filling out a simple form, you can also log in to the site using social networks Facebook, Vkontakte, Twitter.
Pappardelle recipe with mushrooms and fish
- 400g papardelli
- 80-100g butter
- 300g white mushrooms or chanterelles
- 300g fish fillet (sea bream, sea bass)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- bunch of parsley
- 3-4 tbsp flour
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh basil
- Cherry tomatoes
Papardelle with mushrooms and fish: a recipe
- cook papardelle to half-cooked (time on the package minus 2 minutes)
- chop finely greens, garlic
- cut the fish into small pieces
- brown mushrooms and garlic
- Roll the fish pieces into the flour and add them to the mushrooms. Two minutes fry it all together. Add water, pepper and salt to the mixture and then put the pasta in this sauce.
- Add the greens to the mixture and cook it all together for a couple of minutes, until almost all the water has evaporated.
- Add butter to the paste.
- garnish with cherry tomatoes.
Want more recipes? Watch papardelle video recipe.
But how to cook papardelle with mushrooms in italy (recipe in Italian)