The quality of the tattoo is half dependent on the master and half - from you. Proper care maintains bright colors and smooth lines, drawing longer remains juicy and clear. Then we talk about two ways to care for a fresh tattoo, about why the film is a bad idea, and about what you can not do after the session.
How cared before
Something like this :) Tattoos smeared with petroleum jelly and covered with food film - the skin was rotten, the pigment did not come out, the smell is also not the most pleasant. This beauty could fester, reached the scars. In all instructions there was a phrase “do not peel!”: They really appeared, falling off with pigment. Now peeling or peeling - a sign of poor healing, the tattoo should be moist and soft. If the master recommends you food film, we recommend that you contact a more professional person who is watching the latest in tattoo technology.
There are stories when guys used after shave cream and “Rescuer” - in the latter case, “Rescuer” saved everything, including paint. The tattoo came out completely :) If you want a quality drawing, heal according to the instructions above.
Method 1. Ointment and disposable diapers
We recommend ointments, where there is D-panthenol and in addition any healing oils, disinfecting chlorhexidine and removing irritation of vitamin F. Listen to your master, he will tell you what to choose.
This is the best that humanity came up with for tattoo care. It protects the design from dirt and dust - like food film. But if the skin disappears under the film, then under the diaper it breathes. And still the fabric absorbs the non-grown pigment: the skin is easier to wash, no snot from lymph and dye is formed.
Diapers, choose the cheapest: the composition is the same, and are half the size of well-known brands. They are sold in the children's department of any supermarket.
3-4 hours after the session remove the diaper and wash the tattoo with soap and warm water. Apply the cream and seal with a new diaper. Before the cream, you can blot the pattern with chlorhexidine to disinfect the wounds.
First 4 days repeat the same thing every five to six hours. If you made a tattoo in the summer, change the diaper every three to four hours. It is not necessary to get up at night, it is enough to repeat the care before and after sleep. The first days the diaper absorbs the pigment - this is normal, do not worry, do not take too much. :)
In 5 days tattoo brightens - this is the usual protection of the body. Do not be alarmed too, after healing the color will appear again. You can not cover diaper, enough ointment and rinsing for a week.
Method 2. Special healing film
This is a breathable film, under which the tattoo heals itself. Do not constantly wash, change diapers, carry a cream. 5-6 days - and it's ready, the tattoo has healed. The film is on hypoallergenic glue, tightly glued to the skin and does its job. You can gently wash and do ordinary things.
On the first day after the session tattoo under the film looks like it is.
On the second day The tattoo place is getting warmer. Under the film formed sukrovitsa, mixed with unwelcome pigment. It looks like a floating dark slurry, see below for the first photo. It should be so.
On the third or fourth day the liquid evaporates, the film seems to crack, and the skin tightens a little. This is normal.
On the fifth or sixth day film time to shoot. Not dry, always on steamed skin! Suit a hot bath (20 minutes). This is enough to steam the film and have patience. Take your time and gently sip the film from all over. It looks like a molt in snakes :) If it comes off badly, get out of the bath and blow-dry. Removal takes 15-20 minutes. After that, rinse the tattoo and spread it on with any moisturizer. If you feel dry during the week - continue to smear.
The author of the article healed tattoos in both ways. I liked the first one more :) The healing film was hard, not a pleasant feeling. But then to whom how: there are many positive reviews on the healing film, it is not necessary to think where, how and with what to wash. Try and find your own!
Permanent tattoo care
Smear the picture with sunscreen with SPF 50 at each exit to the street. If swimming, update the cream every time after.
Follow the picture: the lines spread out a little after a couple of years, if this happens earlier or the tattoo changes at all and is terrifying - contact the master.
Update the tattoo every 10-15 years: it will preserve the richness of the picture.
After the session can not
First week Take hot baths (if you don’t heal with suprasorb - besides that you can’t do that), actively go in for sports, sunbathe.
The first two or three weeks. Swim in the rivers, lakes and seas, visit the baths, saunas, swimming pools and solariums.
Not healed tattoo can not be scratched. No It hurts the drawing, it will heal worse, the paint will take root not all. But she itches! :) Try to pat it or gently swipe the side of the pencil without the slate pencil - it will become easier.
When you know that the right care for a tattoo is easy, it's easier to decide. See the portfolio of our masters, choose your own and sign up for a free consultation.
Immediately after drawing the picture, the tattoo artist usually puts on a wound surface a protective compress or a film, and then explains the rules of tattoo care. Of course, I really want the first thing to brag about a new pattern, but this should not be done, at least for the first 2-3 hours if the tattoo is covered with a film, and up to 10 hours if the compress is made of gauze and bandage.
If to face the truth, a fresh tattoo is a kind of wound that should heal, therefore such a compress is able to prevent the ingress of dirt and infection into it.
But after removing the compress, it will not be necessary to repeat it again, as the wound must breathe in order to heal faster. It is necessary to make sure that the place with the new tattoo is open, nothing rubs it, for example, a rubber band from socks or a belt on trousers.
Second phase. Clean - the guarantee of health!
An important point that you need to be sure to know and comply with the new owner of the tattoo: at first, a crust will form on its surface, which can fall off along with pieces of paint, which, naturally, is not good, as the result may be uneven.
In order to prevent this from happening, after removing the compress, it is necessary to thoroughly wash the tattoo in water with antibacterial soap, and not under the stream, but rather to dip the entire area into a container with water, where the crusts and blood residues are carefully removed. Then the tattoo should dry thoroughly, in no case can it be rubbed with a towel or dry napkins, you can just blot the surface.
When everything is dry, it is necessary to apply a thin layer of ointment for tattoo care to the skin. Be sure to ensure that the layer is really thin, otherwise the tattoo will not be able to breathe.
Also, before you apply the ointment, carefully read the composition, so that all the components fit you and your skin type. Most often in such cases it is advised to use Bepantin ointment or any other healing cream: Panthenol, Rescuer, and Solcoseryl.
In this way, you will have to wash the tattoo even during the first week about 2-3 times a day, if the tattoo is on the arm or leg - more often.
You also need to know that in the first week or two it is necessary to avoid hot baths, you can not visit the baths, saunas and swimming pools, as the water contained in the running water can cause infection. You can take a shower, but this should be done quickly and it is advisable not to wet the place with the tattoo.
What to do next?
After the first week, if everything is good and the healing process proceeds without various kinds of inflammation, you will almost forget about any discomfort from your new darling. After four days, antibacterial ointment or cream can be replaced with a lotion that does not contain fragrances and dyes.
Apply these tools should be as needed, for example, after washing and then when you feel that the skin is dry or beginning to peel off. Each time, before smearing a tattoo, do not forget about the cleanliness of hands, this is a very important point, which will help to avoid various infections.
What not to do after tattooing?
So let's summarize the results of tattoo care, which will clearly focus you on what you cannot do to avoid problems and illness.
- In the first few weeks it is necessary to avoid beaches, direct sunlight, ponds, pools, as well as saunas and hot baths. Even after complete healing, before going to the beach it is necessary to smear the tattoo with sunscreen, as tanning is extremely harmful to her.
- In the first few days you can not engage in active sports that will lead to the formation of sweat.
- It is forbidden to do the pilling of the skin in areas with a tattoo.
- The tattoo can not be scratched, even if you really want, and also to strip off the formed crusts.
How to care for a tattoo
Below you can read a list of recommendations and tips for care in the first days after application, the next 2-3 weeks and long-term care for your favorite tattoo, as well as a list of frequent questions regarding the general nuances of the right attitude to tattoos and care for them.
Care in the first days after application
- Immediately after the session, the tattoo should be washed with clean and warm water with antibacterial soap. Then you need to wipe it with a napkin or paper towel. Then, in place of the tattoo, apply skin-regenerating ointment "Bepanten" or "D-Panthenol" and apply a compress bandage.
- After removing the bandage, let your skin breathe a little.
- If the bandage is stuck, moisten it with warm water and it will easily come off.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before removing the bandage! Remove the bandage carefully, without damaging the healing skin.
- Plastic bandages are allowed to wear no more than 2-3 hours, as polyethylene does not allow the skin to breathe.
- Thick, non-sticky bandages can be worn for about 24 hours.
- Consult with a tattoo master about the timing of wearing the dressing.
- Rinse the tattoo!
- Wash the skin and wash the soap with room water and liquid soap.
- Then wash the skin with antibacterial agents (chlorhexidine, miramistin).
- Do not use boiling water or too cold water!
- Avoid scouring pads or any other abrasive cleaners.
- Thoroughly flush blood to avoid scars.
- Be sure to wash the soap!
- Gently blot the tattoo with a tissue or paper towel.
- It is better to let the skin dry itself, it is not for long 5-10 minutes.
- Do not rub the skin with a towel, wanting to dry the wound soon!
- There are often many bacteria on a cloth towel, so it is not recommended to use a cloth.
- Paper towel or toilet paper should be of high quality and soft. The main thing is that the paper does not stick.
- Apply a protective, skin-regenerating ointment with a thin layer over dry skin, with light fingers.
- Ointment or cream should be a bit! A thin layer cover the area with damaged skin, no more.
- Carefully rub in the protective cream.
- We recommend using Bepanten or D-Panthenol ointment.
- Avoid Aloe Vera cream and all ointments containing cortisone and alcohol.
- Do not tape the tattoo again! In the open air, the wound will heal faster.
Tattoo Care Guide
1. Immediately after tattooing, the master necessarily covers the image with a diaper, cling film or professional film Dermalize PRO to avoid contact with the external environment. For some time, the skin around the pattern may slightly sod and remain red; at first, the ichor will stand out. The main thing - to prevent the ingress of dirt and infection:
2. After 3-6 hours after application, the bandage is removed, and the tattoo is thoroughly washed with warm boiled water and soap. In no case is it allowed to scrub dried dried blood clots of ichor with a washcloth or penza. Then, with a cotton swab or napkin, the image is gently blotted until it is completely dry. After that, apply a healing ointment based on dexpanthenol (D-Panthenol, Bepanten +, Dexpanthenol) or a professional tattoo care product (Dr.Pro):
Then close the image again with a protective diaper (cling film), securing the edges with adhesive plaster. This procedure (washing, applying ointment, winding) must be repeated every 8-10 hours for 3-4 days.
It is unacceptable in the process of healing the tattoo to use alcohol-containing means!
If caring for a tattoo is done correctly, then in 3-4 days the tattoo will be covered with a thin crust, as with a small abrasion, which will gradually peel off. The place where the tattoo is applied may slightly itch - this is a natural process. Scratching a tattoo or ripping off the crust is strictly prohibited, it can damage the image or cause an infection!
3. From the moment when the crust begins to descend, and, further, the tattoo must be smeared with a moisturizing cream (“Children's Cream” is best suited), avoiding drying out of the skin area with the image.
A full healing period for a tattoo takes 10-14 days from the moment it was applied, depending on the individual characteristics of the client.
Very important during this period:
- exclude visiting the pool, baths, saunas, take only a shower,
- do not go to the gym for 10 days, limit physical exertion as much as possible,
- protect the tattoo area from contact with animals,
- Protect the tattoo from direct sunlight. Do not sunbathe for at least 1 month
- refrain from alcohol and drugs, especially aspirin.
After healing, it is recommended to protect the tattoo from direct sunlight or use a sunscreen with a maximum UV protection factor.
Be aware that in case of improper care for a tattoo, the master is not responsible for her appearance.
The responsibility of the master ends with the end of his work, so that in case of problems, you can only blame yourself.
If you follow all the above instructions, the tattoo will heal as soon as possible while maintaining the appearance without any complications.
If it happened that after a while the tattoo “swam”, or the inflammation began, you should immediately go to the master who worked with you. The fact is that some people may develop an allergic reaction to certain types of paint (cases are quite rare, about 1 in 1000). In addition, with any, the most professional tattooing procedure, a small amount of microbes enters the body. However, a healthy person has strong enough immunity to cope with this nuisance. In any case, if you have any questions or unforeseen difficulties, please contact the wizard to find out together why this or that problem occurred. However, after visiting a real professional, the risk of being dissatisfied is minimized (a guarantee that you will not fall into the hands of a charlatan will be a specialized salon, sterile tools and a clean workplace of the master, which takes into account all hygiene requirements).
It should be remembered that over time the effect of the tattoo is lost - the skin becomes flabby, cellulite may appear. To avoid unpleasant metamorphoses with your favorite pattern, when choosing a tattooing site, it is better to stop on parts of the body where the skin does not stretch over time (scapula, ankle).
As you can see, the well-known thesis that a tattoo is a magical synthesis of art and medicine, at the stage of recovery and care should be considered in the medical key. Would anyone want to hurt themselves with their own bad faith, inattention or laziness!
It is not so difficult to fulfill these simple provisions, especially when your beauty and individuality is at stake. In addition, if you do not follow the above rules and get an undesirable result because of your own negligence, then there will definitely be no guarantee for work: an experienced master will understand where his omission is and where the customer’s negligence is.
Tattoo Care Products
Astroderm healing cream
Manufacturer: VIS, Russia
An effective tool that is based on natural extracts and vitamins. The active ingredients speed up the healing process of minor skin lesions (scratches, abrasions, minor cuts, household thermal and sunburns), avoid secondary wound infection and other complications, as well as restore the integrity of the skin and get a good cosmetic effect. The cream accelerates cell renewal processes and serves as an excellent prevention of the consequences of the adverse effects on the skin of environmental factors (cold, wind, dampness).
Colorless antiseptic cream, has a cooling effect
Manufacturer: Bayer, Germany
При нанесении на поверхностные раны защищает от инфекций, подавляет инфекционные процессы и способствует заживлению. Крем содержит хлоргексидин, являющийся антисептиком (активен в отношении бактерий, присутствующих на коже или в ранах, подавляет инфекцию). Ускоряет образование новых тканей и успокаивает боль благодаря охлаждающему действию. Легко наносится и смывается, не жирный, к одежде не липнет. Disadvantages: expensive.
Panthenol (Depantol, PanthenolD, D-Panthenol Goo, 911-Panthenol Cream)
Analogs bepantena. Ointment intended for external use Preparation that improves tissue regeneration. Synthetic derivative of lantothenic acid, which is a water-soluble vitamin B group, necessary for carbohydrate, protein and fat metabolism. The beneficial effect of the drug is manifested in reducing itching and improving the healing processes of the skin with various dermatoses. The drug is approved for use without a prescription.
Boro plus cream (pink)
Antiseptic cream "Boro" is made from natural products based on the rich experience of Indian medicine. Highly effective means with a pronounced antibacterial and antifungal effect protect against suppuration and frostbite, promote rapid healing with scratches, abrasions and cuts, superficial burns, insect bites, eliminate itching, have anti-inflammatory effect. Antiseptic cream is a universal remedy that promotes the healing of the removal of ulcers and blackheads, the treatment of herpes, lip cracks and dry skin diseases, and the softening and disinfection of skin after shaving.
La Cree Cream
Manufacturer: Russia, Vertex
With herbal extracts. Reduces itching, burning, irritation. Removes redness. It has an anti-inflammatory effect. Moisturizes and gently nourishes the skin.
Manufacturer: Solko Basel P.Z., Switzerland
It is a deproteinized hemodialysis obtained from the blood of dairy calves. It contains white petrolatum and cholesterol, thereby activating the transport of oxygen and nutrients, facilitates their uptake by cells. Increases cell regeneration and stimulates intracellular energy metabolism. It is recommended to apply jelly (gel) on wounds with a wet discharge, and ointment on dry wounds. Apply a thin layer to the cleaned wound 2 times a day.
Manufacturer: Infamed, Russia
It has a pronounced bactericidal action against viruses and bacteria, has an antifungal effect. Effectively prevents infection of wounds, activating regeneration processes. Colorless, transparent aqueous solution, odorless, with shaking forms foam on the surface.
Tattoo Goo "Original", specially created for the speedy healing of tattoos. Natural ingredients soften and soothe the skin, quickly absorbed and promote healing, as well as allowing the skin to breathe.
Ingredients: olive, sunflower and lavender oil, wax, wheat germ oil, tocopheryl acetate, rosemary extract, vitamins B and C. Mild for sensitive skin and daily use. The lotion does not contain alcohols, petroleum, lanolin, mineral oils and odor.
Manufacturer: Dragon Inductries (USA)
With natural ingredients and vitamins A, C and D, perfectly cares and protects the skin, created specifically for the healing of new and care for old tattoos. They do not clog pores, for a long time keep colors bright, do not leave stains and smell.
Manufacturer: Clay-Park Labs, USA
Ointment. Antimicrobial drug for external use. Appointed with minor cuts, scratches and burns. It is used in the treatment and prevention of secondary infections of post-traumatic and post-surgical wound surfaces or in cosmetic procedures. Like all of the above drugs, used in the appointment of specialists. Remember that it is necessary to observe the precautionary measures specified in the instruction.
How long does it take to heal a tattoo
There can be no exact answer to the question of how long a tattoo heals, because it depends on the structure of the skin and the body’s immunity. One is enough for a few days to restore, while others need much more time. In addition, the location of tattooing is important: for example, on the ankle, the healing process lasts longer than on the arm, but it is necessary to care for a fresh tattoo, regardless of its application.
Approximately a couple of days after the session, a crust appears in the figure as a result of the formation of the blood. Many make a mistake and rip it off, which is absolutely impossible to do. Yes, the injured spot on the skin itches and flakes, which is why tattoo care is so important. And if the healing process goes right, the crust will soon disappear by itself. On average, recovery takes from 7 to 10 days.
Depending on the structure of the skin, tattoo correction is often required after healing, and you need to be prepared for an increase in rehabilitation time. And so that the tattoo is less itchy, it should be lubricated with healing agents that will reduce discomfort. The skin will gradually stop itching, the redness around the pattern will disappear, and the tattoo healing stages will pass with minimal discomfort.
Care for a new tattoo: what can not be done
So that the image on the body heals quickly and does not lose its colors, we need not only proper tattoo care, but also strict observance of important nuances. What is banned?
- Can't rub the drawing washcloth and towel for the first few days.
- It is also prohibited to use soap., only gentle treatment of the skin with water.
- It is not recommended to drink alcohol after tattooing, it will slow down the healing process.
- It is advisable not to wear synthetic clothes avoid allergic reactions.
- The first week is forbidden to visit the solarium., sauna, beach and swim in the pool.
- Fresh tattoo to hide from the bright sunso that the paints do not fade or burn out.
- In no case can not comb the crust on the tattoootherwise the image will “crawl away”.
How to care for a tattoo immediately after application
So, you got a brand new tattoo, what should be done on the same day?
- After the session, the master will wrap a fresh image with cling film for healing - this is necessary to protect the injured skin area from contact with the external environment. Check with the master when you should change bandage (usually after 2-3 hours).
- How to care for a tattoo? First of all, you need to carefully change the film, after washing the tattoo with warm water with the addition of children's soap. Rinse only with palm, without using a sponge, so as not to damage the wound.
- Next, the skin must be wetted with paper towels or cotton pad (but by no means with a towel - it can traumatize the fresh layer). After that, leave the skin for 15 minutes to dry at room temperature.
- Gently apply ointment to the drawing to heal the tattoo (it is advisable not to use cream and not to smear tattoo with petroleum jelly - they do not penetrate the skin well). Then reapply the cling film on the fresh image. This procedure is repeated at bedtime.
How to care for a tattoo in the early days
In the days following the session, careful care of a fresh tattoo is needed.
- On the second day the film must be changed several times, not forgetting to carefully wash the design with water and to treat the tattoo with ointment for healing. Try not to be disturbed by tight clothes, wear loose clothes.
- On the third day There is no need to use the film - the tattoo should heal naturally, and continue to smear the picture. It is possible to wet a tattoo, but it is better not to wash in the bathroom, but to take a shower, but not with soap, but with a soft gel.
- How to care for a tattoo in the early days? Be sure to at least four times a day to put on the image of healing ointment (make sure that it does not contain alcohol). Rub it is not necessary, just gently with a finger pad to smear the tattoo.
- Do not be alarmed if you see the paint flowing - This is a natural process. But if you notice severe painful redness or suspicious swelling, go to the doctor right away. These signs may be the first symptoms of inflammation.
How to care for a tattoo in the following weeks
Tattoo healing time usually does not exceed 2-3 weeks to full recovery.
- A few days after the session, a scab appears on the tattoo.which need to continue to process with ointment. It can not be torn off, so as not to injure the already injured skin. After some time, the crust itself dries and disappears.
- After about a week, the place where the drawing was applied begins to itch - These are the effects of tattoos that need to endure. If the tattoo is scratched, then the recovery process has begun. But you can not comb it, maximum - clap palm.
- Then, about the second week, the itch is replaced by desquamation. - skin renewal occurs. At this stage, you can no longer use the healing ointment and replace it with baby cream, applying a small amount to the skin. Peeling soon passes.
- On the question of how much a tattoo heals on a leg, the answer is unequivocal: longer than in other places. Especially if the picture requires correction, then it may take more than a month to restore, and you need to monitor the condition of the tattoo until it heals.
How to care for a tattoo after its restoration
Even after going through all the stages of tattoo healing, you need to continue to take care of her.
- If tattooing had to be done in summertime, then even after it has healed, you should apply sunscreen on your body before going out. This is necessary so that the pattern does not lose brightness under the action of the sun's rays.
- If you made a tattoo in the cool time, then try to ensure that the clothes are not too tight to the body. From constant friction or sweat, the pattern can change its color, so wear loose clothing and continue to moisten the tattoo.
- Can I drink alcohol? It doesn't matter how long the tattoo heals, after applying it for a while DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL! The fact is that it increases the pressure, because of which the paint is injected under the skin, and it is better not to take alcohol.
- You should also exercise with caution. Even after complete healing of the tattoo, it is possible that physical exercise will negatively affect the drawing - as a result of practicing, you sweat, which can lead to irritation of the tattooed place.
What to do if the tattoo does not heal
Unfortunately, there are times when a tattoo does not heal for a long time, it becomes inflamed and is disturbed by bad symptoms. This can occur either due to the individual characteristics of the organism, or due to improper care. What measures need to be taken?
- It should be as much time as possible to keep the body area with a pattern in the open air so that the skin “breathes”. Clothing only prevents the restoration of the pattern.
- Be sure to treat the damaged place with antiseptic. For example, with a solution of "Chlorhexidine": wet the cotton wool and gently wipe the tattoo, it will relieve inflammation.
- After applying the solution to the image you need to apply any healing and anti-inflammatory ointment. This procedure is carried out at least 2-3 times a day..
- How to smear a tattoo for quick healing? After all the unpleasant symptoms are gone, you should still for some time to process the image with the ointment, which you used initially immediately after applying the tattoo - "Etonius" or "Bepantenom".
Signs of a complete healing tattoo
Restored drawing completely or not, can be understood by the following features.
- The picture looks absolutely natural, redness has completely disappeared from the skin.
- The crust dried and fell away naturally, and the tattoo stopped itching.
- In the figure there is no swelling, no thin film after crusting, no peeling.
If you feel no discomfort at all, your tattoo has healed.