Turkish cuisine attracts many lovers of great food. After all, some national dishes of this country have a unique taste and unique aroma. If desired, some of them can be prepared at home, for example, lahmajun. The recipe is quite simple. First you need to figure out what kind of dish.
What is lahmajun?
Dish lahmadzhun, the recipe is given below, appeared a long time ago. Its name translates as meat in dough. This dish is a kind of pizza. As a filling, vegetables, greens and minced meat are used here. In the old days, such flat cakes helped out the peasants, who did not have large incomes. Lahmadzhun was prepared from leftover food and regular dough. At the moment the dish is very popular in some countries of Europe and the East. This is a kind of street fast food.
It is worth noting that Lahmadzhun, the recipe for which any hostess can master, in Arab countries is sold by street vendors at almost every step. As for the composition, it can be changed if necessary. The recipe depends not only on the region, but also on personal preferences. For the filling, as a rule, use lamb or beef. The meat in the cooking process is very finely chopped. At home, you can use the usual stuffing.
Lahmadzhun: recipe with photos step by step
To cook this dish, you will need:
- 350 g of lamb or beef.
- 2 onions.
- 1 tomato.
- ½ bunch parsley.
- 70 g butter cream.
- 1 Bulgarian pepper.
- Milk for lubrication test.
- Bitter pepper to taste.
For the test should be used:
- 1 tbsp. spoon of dry yeast.
- For 1 teaspoon of sugar and salt.
- 2 cups of flour.
- Water - as required.
How to start and how to cook lahmadzhun? The Turkish recipe is quite simple. To get started is to knead the dough. All components should be mixed in the container. After mixing them should be plastic, but not too thin dough. Mass should be placed in the heat and let it go.
Now you can cook the stuffing. Vegetables should be washed and cleaned. In a blender, you must chop the onion, minced meat, parsley, tomato, pepper. Add softened butter and salt to the mixture.
We bake "pizza"
From the test you need to make 7 balls and leave them. When they rise, you can start cooking lahmadzhuna. The dough should be rolled into a layer of oval or round shape. It is recommended to lubricate each preform with milk. Then you can put on them a thin layer of stuffing. Baking tray with blanks should be placed in an oven, preheated to 240 ° C. The preparation takes no more than 8 minutes.
How to serve
Ready lahmadzhun should be laid out on a plate. It is best to put flat cakes in one pile. The dish is recommended to serve with parsley, lemons and tomatoes. It is worth noting that other greens are no good. If you wish, you can pour each lahmadzhun with lemon juice, decorate with parsley leaves and tomato slices. Also on the table along with the dish you can serve kefir or sour cream.
Lahmadzhun in the form of roll
If you are not attracted to an open tortilla with a filling, then if you wish, you can cook it in the form of a roll of lahmajun. The recipe is no more difficult than the classic one. To prepare the dough will need:
- 120 g of water.
- 1 g of fresh yeast.
- 10 grams of olive oil.
- 3 g of salt.
- 180 grams of wheat flour.
For the filling, take:
- 200 g of minced meat, preferably beef.
- 100 g mashed tomatoes.
- 1 Bulgarian pepper.
- 1 onion.
- 1 clove garlic.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- For ½ tsp of red paprika and hot pepper.
- 3 tbsp. spoons of olive oil.
- 1 pinch of cumin.
- A mixture of freshly ground peppers - on request.
How to cook dough
So, how to cook lahmadzhun. The recipe with a photo allows you to imagine the cooking process, which greatly facilitates the work. To get started is to knead the dough. It will take some time. In a separate container it is necessary to connect all the components intended for the test. It is recommended to add water at room temperature. Otherwise, the yeast will not work. As a result of mixing, the mass should be homogeneous, not very dense and sticking to hands.
The container with the dough should be covered with a film, and then placed in a room where the air temperature does not fall below 22 ° C for about 1 hour. In this case, the mass should be pressed down every 20 minutes. After the specified time, the dough must be placed in the cold for several days. This is necessary not only for a long dough, but also for its ripening. Only after two days the dough can be used to make flat cakes with meat. The main thing is to follow the recipe. Lahmajun without yeast is impossible to cook. He will not so air.
The process of making the filling
In a deep container it is necessary to mix all the components of the filling. Onions and garlic should be pre-peeled, and pepper from seeds. Vegetables should be chopped. Components must be mixed well. Some cooks add 1 tablespoon of aivar and a pinch of suham to the filling.
If there is no aivar available, then it can be prepared at home. In fact, it is pasta made from baked bell peppers. To do this, it is recommended to place the vegetables in a preheated oven. They must be baked. Then peppers must be cleaned from the skin and seeds. That's all. It remains to grind vegetables in mashed potatoes.
As for sumac, it is not so simple to cook it at home. Most often, this component is replaced by lemons. This seasoning is used in Central Asian cuisine and has a sour taste. In addition, sumac gives ready-made dishes a cherry-red hue. This spice is often added to products in the preparation of poultry meat, fish, salads, pickles, legumes, and kebabs. In Iran and Turkey, rice dishes are sprinkled with ground sumac. In Egypt, Syria and Lebanon, a decoction of berries is used in the preparation of vegetables and meat.
How to bake
So, how to bake lahmajun. Turkish recipe (with a photo presented in our article) allows you to cook a delicious dish. The main thing is to comply with the sequence. To make extraordinary cakes, you should take out the dough of their cold, and then divide it in half. Each piece is recommended to roll. Blanks should be made oval. The thickness of the pellets should be from 2 to 3 millimeters.
The filling should be evenly distributed over the surface of the workpieces. At the same time, the edges should be left free. You can put a few basil branches on top of the filling. Bake Lahmadzhun recommended at a temperature of 250 ° C for 12 minutes. The finished dish should be laid out on a wooden surface, previously covered with parchment. The pellet should cool for a few minutes.
Lahmajun at the end is recommended to sprinkle with chopped garlic, onions and parsley. Then the cake can be neatly rolled into a roll and served to the table.
What is a lahmajun
This is the name of a popular Turkish dish that looks like a tortilla with a filling stuffed on it. Such an easy-to-cook pizza is in great demand in eastern countries. There is no cheese in this dish, and chopped meat with vegetables serves as a filling. By the way, in translation from Arabic, the name of this unusual delicacy sounds like "dough with meat". Therefore, it is so often called the Armenian, Arab or Turkish pizza. Although in the open spaces of Armenia this dish became popular only in the 60s of the last century - here the recipe of flatbread in a frying pan was brought by Syrians.
Description of the dish
The basis of the Lahmadzhun dish is a thin flour tortilla, which, when properly prepared, crunches. On top of it is filling, which, as a rule, consists of tomatoes or tomato sauce, bell pepper, lamb or ground beef, garlic, onion and all sorts of spices.
Usually, ready-made lahmajun is supplemented with freshly squeezed lemon juice and parsley. But if you like, you can use pomegranate syrup, tomato paste, garlic sauce, or sumac, to make the dish unique. Arab pizza is often rolled into rolls, stuffing with slices of fresh vegetables, which makes this dish not only incredibly tasty, but also useful.
In the case of proper preparation, one lahmajun weighs approximately 170-180 grams, that is, it is not very large.
In fact, cooking lahmadzhun in Turkish is very simple. It does not take too much time and products. And another important advantage of the dish, which every hostess will appreciate, will be the minimum set of dishes necessary for cooking. After serving Turkish pizza, you don’t have to wash up kitchen utensils and surfaces for a long time. In order to cook lahmadzhun at home, you will need:
- large capacity for kneading dough,
- a small bowl for a dough,
- cutting board,
- a small bowl for making the filling,
- knife and rolling pin
- meat grinder or blender
- dough brush,
- medium frying pan or oven with suitable trays.
How to cook lahmajun at home? In fact, this dish is cooked extremely simple. Only one thing is important - to learn in advance about some of the features of Turkish Lahmadjun cooking.
First of all, you need to stock up on the relevant components. To make dough for lahmadzhuna, you will need:
- 2 cups wheat flour,
- 1.5 glasses of water
- tablespoon dry yeast,
- on a teaspoon of salt and sugar.
To lubricate the dough, first prepare a half cup of milk.
To make the filling you will need:
- 400 grams of minced meat, preferably beef or lamb,
- 1 medium tomato,
- 1 onion,
- 1 pepper,
- a small bunch of greens to your taste: cilantro, parsley, dill or basil,
- salt, ground pepper and paprika.
First of all, slightly heat the water to room temperature to dissolve the sugar and yeast in it. The mixture must be left for 15 minutes to start the yeast. After that you can proceed to the direct kneading of the dough. Sift the flour thoroughly and mix it with salt, then add to it the pre-prepared water with yeast. Knead the dough until it becomes soft and elastic. Then it must be covered with plastic wrap or cloth and left to infuse for an hour, preferably in a warm place.
After that, you can proceed to the preparation of the filling according to the recipe lahmadzhuna. If you took the meat, then it should be as finely chopped with a knife or just mince. Onions must be chopped in the same way. Bulgarian pepper and tomato should be cut into small cubes. Ideally, all vegetables can be chopped with a blender. Then chopped ingredients must be mixed and seasoned with selected spices.
After the dough is infused, it should be divided into 7-8 identical pieces and leave for another half an hour, without forgetting to cover. Then each piece needs to be rolled out in a thin layer, gently lubricated with warm milk and spread out on top of the filling. Flapjacks you can give any shape, at will. Most often they prepare lahmajun on an oval basis.
Grease a baking sheet with butter, put the cooked tortillas and put in the oven, preheated to 200 degrees, for 15 minutes. And according to the recipe, pancakes should be fried on a small fire for about 10 minutes, without covering with a lid. Then you need to cover the dish and fry a few more minutes until the meat is cooked. At this cooking Lahmadzhuna prescription can be considered complete. As you can see, it is possible to cope with this simple but tasty dish in just a couple of hours.
Finally, a few recommendations to the hostesses, who decided to pamper their family with delicious lahmadzhunom.
- In the Arab pizza recipe it is indicated that the rolled dough should be greased with milk. However, in reality, it is not necessary to do this, but it is thanks to this simple trick that the cake becomes softer and more tender. But for those who want to get a crispy base as a result, it is better to refuse this event.
- The amount of flour used may differ significantly from that indicated in the recipe, so control it yourself. This is explained by the quality of the flour itself and, of course, by the size of the glass that you use during cooking. Keep in mind that by the end of the kneading you should have a rather soft dough that will not stick to your hands.
- Water is best used warm. First of all, it is necessary for faster activation of yeast. In addition, the dough, cooked in warm water, get more tender and soft.
- To the cake was crispy, but not too hard, flour must be sifted, thus saving it from lumps.
- Dry yeast can be replaced by ordinary briquettes, but they will be activated much longer. And if the dough does not set in due time, then it may not rise, because of which the cake will turn out too hard and flat.
- The composition of lahmadzhuna can be changed as desired. For example, quite fatty mutton can be replaced by a lighter, dietary variety - chicken, veal or turkey. In addition to onions and tomatoes, the dish can be supplemented with other vegetables, for example, garlic, carrots, eggplants, cucumbers or cabbage. In addition, ready-made lahmadzhun can be sprinkled with ordinary hard cheese or cheese.
You can cook the Turkish lakhmadzhun in a hurry, using pre-cooked or bought yeast dough. So on serving Turkish pizza you need no more than half an hour. Be sure to try cooking Turkish lahmadzhun - this dish will surely please you and your family!
What is this dish?
Lahmadzhun is a popular national oriental dish, which is a cake with stuffed on it. By the way, the name is translated from Arabic as “meat with dough”. And therefore this tasty dish is often called Turkish, Arabic or Armenian pizza.
The base is a thin dough cake, which ideally should crunch. Filling is placed on top of it, usually ingredients such as minced meat (mutton or beef), tomatoes (or tomato sauce), onions, bulgarian, pepper, garlic and various spices are included.
One lakhmadzhun, if, of course, he was cooked correctly, should weigh an average of 150-170 grams, that is, he should not get big.
By the way, in Armenia such a dish became popular only in the 60s of the last century, thanks to the Syrians.
How to cook?
How to cook lahmadzhun? This dish is prepared quite simply, if you know some of the features.
To get started, prepare all the necessary ingredients. You will need:
For the preparation of unsweetened dough:
- 2 cups of flour,
- 1.5 glasses of water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dry "fast" yeast.
- 350-400 grams of meat (lamb or beef is best),
- 1 tomato,
- 1 onion head,
- 1 bell pepper,
- 1 bunch of parsley,
- salt, ground paprika and black pepper to taste.
To lubricate the dough: a quarter cup of milk.
- First you need to take some water, heat it to about 37-38 degrees, dissolve sugar in it and add yeast. Leave this mixture for ten minutes, during which time the yeast is activated.
- Now you can start kneading dough. Sift flour, mix it with salt, then pour in water and add yeast. Knead the dough with your hands so that it becomes soft and rather elastic. Now leave it for 40-60 minutes, covered with something so that it is infused.
- Next, you can prepare the filling. To do this, either chop the meat finely with a sharp knife or skip through a meat grinder. Onions should be peeled and also chopped (with a knife or meat grinder together with meat). Peel the Bulgarian pepper from seeds, remove the stem and pith. Next, cut it into small cubes. Tomato also cut. And you can chop all the vegetables in a blender, it will be much faster and more convenient. Now mix all the ingredients, add pepper, salt and paprika.
- Next, divide the dough into 6-8 equal parts and leave them, do not forget to cover, for another half an hour.
- Roll each ball into a thin layer, brush with milk, place the filling on top.
- Now grease the baking sheet with butter, put the scones on it (how much will fit) and bake them at 200 degrees for just 10-15 minutes.
To prepare the dough for lahmadzhun we need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of flour,
- 1.5 glasses of water
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast,
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- 350-400 grams of meat (lamb or beef is best),
- 1 tomato,
- 1 medium onion,
- 1 sweet pepper,
- 1 bunch of parsley,
- salt, black pepper to taste.
Additional ingredients (for decoration):
- fresh tomato,
- fresh parsley.
Watch a useful video on cooking lahmadzhun:
Step-by-step recipe with photos
So let's talk about how to make lahmajun at home.
- Put 1 teaspoon of sugar and yeast. The first step is to dissolve the yeast in warm water with added sugar. Make sure that the mixture was not grains and lumps. Allow the yeast to rise for 10 minutes.
Tips for hostesses
Хитрости которые помогут сделать блюдо вкуснее:
- For the best effect of baking yeast dough, before putting the minced meat, you need to lubricate the layer of rolled dough with milk.
- For better yeast activation, use warm water.
- You can change the options of the filling at your discretion. You can even sprinkle with cheese or cheese to improve the taste.
When mixing the dough, follow the consistency. The amount of flour may differ from that stated in the recipe. It is not known whether lakhmadzhun is an analogue of pizza or an independent dish, but what one cannot argue about is the amazing taste properties of the dish.
Adopt such a simple Turkish Lahmadzhun recipe and regularly delight your guests and household members with such a tasty and interesting dish! A few interesting recipes of Turkish cuisine are presented to your attention: achma, gubadiya, imam bayaldy, kyufta, gyuvech.
It is interesting
It turned out that the oriental cuisine, being very high in calories and diverse, does not shorten, but prolongs the life of people. How many fat or sick people can you meet in the East? The secret to eating eastern people is that they eat a little, but often. You can get acquainted with Turkish cuisine on the site.
People in the east drink plenty of liquids, milk and other dairy products (airan). This helps them cope with ailments, prolong youth and mobility.
Practically every cook of oriental cuisine has a dozen of age-old secrets of healthy and healthy food in his arsenal.
How to cook lahmadzhun
To make a house lahmadzhun, simply follow the step by step recipe with a photo.
- Then in the dry mixture, you must enter a slightly heated water. The mass must be mixed, after which the composition should be kneaded.
- The finished dough ball is transferred to a deep plate. The mass should be covered with a wrap or towel. It should fit. For this, 50 minutes is sufficient.
- In the meantime, it is necessary to make a filling, for which tomatoes cut into small cubes, chopped onions and minced meat are mixed. You also need to cut the pepper and add it along with the seasonings and salt to the filling.
- The dough that came is cut into 6 pieces. You can directly form hands with them lozenges. The optimum thickness of the blanks - 1 cm.
- On the surface of the dough should be distributed filling. No need to make too thick layer.
- Then you need to send the cakes in the oven for 20 minutes. The stove should be preheated to about 180 degrees.
- It remains only to submit pastries, the preparation of which should not have caused problems, to the table.
Lahmadzhuna video recipe
The original universal recipe lahmajuna is quite simple to perform. But master classes will make the cooking process more understandable and easy: