Tar soap is famous for a number of useful properties, from which our hair becomes much better. It:
- Eliminates itchy scalp and increased greasiness,
- Relieves eczema, oily seborrhea and other skin diseases,
- Strengthens the hair follicle, which is especially important in the spring of beriberi,
- Promotes new hair growth
- The composition of tar soap contains only natural ingredients (90% is ordinary soap, 10% is birch tar), there is not a drop of “chemistry” in the form of sulphates, parabens and silicones,
- Stimulates blood circulation in the scalp and provides good nutrition to its cells,
- Restores damaged strand structure.
So that birch tar soap brings real benefit to your strands, be sure to follow the 9 basic rules for its use:
- Wash your hair only with foam, not allowing the bar itself to come into contact with your hair. You can beat the foam in a gauze bag and in wet hands. Alternatively, grind the bar with a grater, dissolve the soap chips in warm water and pour it into the basin for washing the head. The water must be warm, not hot, otherwise the tar will lose its healing properties, become liquid and cover the hair with a film.
- The procedure of washing the head with soap lasts from 5 to 10 minutes.
- Wash off the foam with warm water, after which the hair is rinsed with a lemon or vinegar solution (2 tablespoons per 1 liter of water). They will eliminate the unpleasant smell of tar.
- Using tar soap on an ongoing basis can cause draining of the tips of the strands. It is better to use it for therapeutic and preventive courses with a length of 1 month. Then exactly the same break is taken.
- Birch tar can lead to allergies, so do not forget to try on the crook of your elbow. If after 15 minutes no redness or irritation appears on the skin, you can safely move on to comprehensive hair care.
- Do not be surprised if your hair after tar soap will be hard, dull and sticky at first. This is a normal reaction of hair, accustomed to store shampoos, masks and balms. To solve this problem will help all the same vinegar and lemon juice, used for rinsing the head. And do not worry, over time, the strands will get used to natural care and respond to it with strength, pomp and brilliance.
- In the case of hard water, do not be too lazy to filter it or soften any of the available tools - baking soda, vinegar, chamomile decoction or lemon juice.
- Quality balm will also not be superfluous, especially at the beginning, when the hair is still getting used to tar soap.
- Can I wash my hair with tar soap with a dry type? You can, only by showing some caution. So, it is better not to touch the ends of the hair and apply foam only on the roots.
We emphasize again! The first time you try washing your hair with tar soap, you are unlikely to be satisfied with your result. But after a few sessions, the effect will be very noticeable.
Tar soap for hair is used not only instead of shampoo. Birch tar has long been used to make masks. Here are some popular recipes:
Recipe number 1 - a mask of tar soap to strengthen hair
- Colorless henna - 1 pack,
- Soap shavings - 1 tbsp. spoon,
- Water - 1-1,5 glasses.
- Grind tar soap grated.
- Fill it with water.
- Add henna and mix.
- Lubricate hair for 10 minutes and wash off with some lemon water.
Recipe number 2 - a mask of soap and oil
- Castor oil - 1 tsp,
- Soap shavings - 2 tbsp. spoons
- Sea buckthorn oil - 1 tsp,
- Egg - 1 pc.,
- Citrus oil (lemon, grapefruit or tangerine) - 2-3 drops.
- Grind grated soap.
- Apply the mask at full length for a quarter of an hour.
- Well rubbed in the root zone.
- We wash off.
Recipe number 3 - tar lotion to stimulate growth and restore hair structure
- Water - 500 ml,
- Tar soap - 1/5 of the bar.
- Grind grated soap.
- Dissolve it in half a liter of cold water.
- Leave the mixture for three days, stirring daily with a spoon.
- Remove the lush foam and pour the water into a glass bottle.
- Tar water can be taken as a basis for different masks - 50 ml is enough.
If you have no time to make masks, try to prepare an equally effective tar shampoo. Of course, now you can buy it at any store, but what is done with your own hands is valued much higher.
- Regular shampoo - 100 ml,
- Birch tar - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Add birch tar to shampoo.
- Mix the mixture well and use it to wash your hair.
Regular use of tar soap will strengthen your strands, normalize the sebaceous glands and increase the density of hair. With soap on the basis of tar, you get beautiful hair, which you can only dream of!
For the treatment of dandruff and seborrhea
For hair growth, eliminate dandruff and seborrhea, you can use masks based on tar soap. Trichologists advise using two popular recipes:
- Olive honey soap mask: 20 g of crushed soap mixed with 2 tsp. olive oil, 1 tsp. liquid flower honey. Apply the mixture in the middle, rub it into the roots, wrap it with a cap, wash it off after half an hour. Due to the intensive nutrition, the skin becomes healthy, the fat content goes away. Due to honey, tissues are saturated with useful microelements, and due to soap, the activity of the sebaceous glands is normalized.
- Egg-sea buckthorn mask: chop the soap into chips, connect 2 tbsp. funds from 1 tsp. sea buckthorn oil, 1 egg, 1 tsp. castor oil, add 2-3 drops of grapefruit essential oil. Apply to the hair roots and length, rinse with shampoo after 15 minutes. Due to the vitamins and amino acids, the hair structure is further strengthened.
Tar soap for hair helps against lice (pediculosis). To do this, you need to lather the agent, apply it abundantly on the scalp, put on a disposable plastic cap and wash it off with warm water in half an hour. After that it is recommended to comb the hair with a frequent comb to comb the lice and their larvae. Repeat the procedure if necessary in 2-3 days. Such a tool is safe for children, pregnant women.
To strengthen and grow hair
From hair loss will help products based on tar soap. You can make lotion and mask with henna:
- Lotion to stimulate growth, restore hair structure: grind 1/5 of a bar on a grater, dissolve in 500 ml of cold water, leave for 3 days, stirring daily with a spoon. Remove the foam, drain the water in a glass bottle, use it to make masks, or rub 50 ml into the scalp.
- Mask to strengthen the strands: grind grated soap, 1 tbsp. shavings mix with a glass of water, add a bag of colorless henna. Apply to the roots, leave under the cap, after 10 minutes, rinse with shampoo, rinse with lemon acidified water.
To reduce oily hair
To reduce the increased sebaceous secretion of scalp cells, you can use tar soap about twice a week instead of shampoo. If fat appears between washing, you should use a mild shampoo for washing. Every 3 weeks is a weekly rest from the use of soap. An alternative to using the product is to add it to the usual detergent: 100 ml of shampoo 2 tbsp. soap. Use the standard method.
How to wash hair with tar soap
The properties of tar soap are very valuable, so it is used for hair, face, body. The tool has antiparasitic, antibacterial, drying, accelerating tissue repair properties. In order for it to benefit curls, you need to follow important recommendations:
- The head is washed only with foam, the bar itself cannot be in contact with the hair. Foam well whipped with wet hands or a gauze bag. Another way to obtain a fluffy foam: grind a grated bar, dissolve the resulting chips in warm water, pour it into a basin for washing the head. Water is taken warm, not hot, otherwise the active component of the soap will lose its medicinal properties, will become liquid, will cover the strands with an unpleasant greasy film that will be difficult to wash off.
- After applying the foam on the scalp it should be left for 5-7 minutes. So the active component will have a better effect on the problem, it will penetrate deep into.
- The foam is washed off with warm water until the hair is clean to the touch (a “creaking” sound appears). To eliminate the unpleasant smell of tar, hair should be rinsed with acidified water (2 tablespoons of citric or acetic acid per liter of water).
- Constantly use soap can not. It dries the tips, can lead to their section. It is advisable to do a course of treatment and preventive procedures every month, then take a break for 30 days.
- Before using tar soap, you need to test for allergies, because birch tar is an allergenic substance. To do this, apply a small amount of foam on the bend of the elbow or wrist for 15 minutes, rinse. If during this time there is no redness, irritation of the skin, you can safely use the product to care for hair.
- In the first 2-3 days of using birch tar hair will be hard, sticky, dull. This is a normal reaction, because strands "wean" from previously used store care. To solve the problem will help the use of lemon juice, vinegar for rinsing. Over time, the curls will become accustomed to natural care, become strong, fluffy, shiny.
- If hard water flows from the tap, it needs to be filtered or softened with baking soda, chamomile decoction, vinegar, and lemon juice.
- After applying the soap as a shampoo, it will not be superfluous to apply a balm, conditioner or mask on the tips and 2/3 of the length.
- For dry scalp tar tar soap is used with caution. Foam should not be kept longer than 5 minutes in order not to cause even greater dryness.
Outwardly, this soap is very similar to the economic, it differs only in a pronounced specific smell and a darker color. In addition to natural tar, it contains fats of animal origin or vegetable oils, water, thickeners, some composite cellulose, benzoic acid, disodium salt, citric acid and edible salt.
Thanks to natural ingredients, this product is a wonderful natural antiseptic with antibacterial, insecticidal and anti-inflammatory properties. The tool foams well, regardless of whether it is a solid soap or liquid.
Can I wash my hair
Today, despite the huge selection of products for washing hair, the usual tar soap holds a special position among them. And this is not a novelty, but a long-known natural cleaner. Even in ancient Russia, the owners of long and healthy braids knew about the miraculous power of wood tar.
With frequent washing with this product, the hair begins to grow faster, it becomes thicker, they become less fatty and get rid of dandruff.
Benefit and harm
Like any caregiver, tar soap has its strengths and weaknesses. The healing properties of this resin relieve the skin of the head from increased fat and dandruff, improve the blood supply to the hair follicles and give volume and density to hair, and also help to cure skin diseases (psoriasis, versicolor, seborrhea, dermatitis, eczema, furunculosis) and restore the hair structure after staining and chemical perms.
This natural antiseptic copes with pediculosis. Tar with alkali destroys lice and nits already from the first application, it is enough to hold it on the hair for 5 minutes. Also, this soap is useful for people who are allergic to the chemical components of ordinary shampoos.
The disadvantages include a peculiar smell, which, by the way, quickly disappears. For some, it is unpleasant, but to someone this scent resembles a Russian bathhouse and birch twigs. With frequent use, this tool dries the scalp and hair, so owners of thin, porous and damaged curls should be used with caution. Birch resin is also contraindicated for women during lactation.
For more on the benefits of tar soap for hair, see the following video.
Washing the head with tar soap provides for a specific instruction:
- You must first lather the soap in your hands, and then apply on the roots and evenly spread over all the strands,
- Hold the foam on the hair for about five minutes, so that they have time to absorb nutrients
- Rinse your head well with warm water. not hot, so that there is no film on your hair,
- Rinse should be finished with a soft balm or conditioner. Water with the addition of soda, lemon juice, or apple / wine vinegar, which will give your hair a healthy shine and softness, will also do.
Expected results can be seen not immediately, but after several procedures, a qualitative transformation of the hair is guaranteed. To enhance the healing properties and improve the smell, essential oils (chamomile, green tea, calendula, elecampane, lemon balm, St. John's wort, sea buckthorn), kefir or decoctions and herbal infusions should be added to the soap suds.
In order not to overdry the skin of the head, it is desirable to alternate tar soap with a mild shampoo. Owners of dry curls will use birch gum twice a month, and for washing normal and oily hair, one session per week is enough. The same applies to the masks, which should not be used often.
Based on this natural antiseptic, there are a huge variety of masks. For example, to speed up hair growth fit:
- Tar water To do this, grind 40-50 gr. this soap and dissolve it in cold water. Leave the resulting mass to infuse for several days, not forgetting to stir it periodically. It is convenient to rinse your hair with ready-made strained liquid or use it to prepare masks and shampoos,
- Mask with the addition of oils. In the mashed soap pour water and 1 tbsp. l burdock and 1 tbsp. l olive oils. Apply the mixture on the head and leave for half an hour. After a specified time, wash the hair with lemon water or vinegar softened with water.
From hair loss, you must use the following tools:
- Need to mix 1 tbsp. l Castor and 1 tbsp. l sea buckthorn oil with egg yolk and 50 gr. crushed tar soap. The resulting mass is applied to the dirty head and hold for 20 minutes. To improve the smell, you can add a few drops of peppermint or orange essential oil,
- Dissolve in water a package of colorless henna and 1 tbsp. l rubbed tar soap, mix thoroughly and keep the resulting mass of 10-15 minutes. You can use this mixture no more than twice every four to five weeks,
- Connect 1 tbsp. l crushed tar soap with 300 ml. pepper tincture and stir until a uniform consistency. Massage this mass into the scalp. If you do this procedure several times a week, it will stop hair loss and make them noticeably thicker.
Against seborrhea and other skin diseases:
- To mix soap chips dissolved in water from 50 ml. vodka, 1 tsp. castor or olive oil, egg yolk and 1 tsp. honey Thoroughly mixed mass applied to unwashed hair and leave for half an hour. Apply such a mask should be once in 7-10 days,
- Liquid tar soap connect from 1 tbsp. l burdock and 1 tbsp. l castor oil and 50 ml of vodka. You need to keep such a mask under the cap for about 15 minutes. Then rinse hair with warm water, softened with vinegar.
Dandruff mask will help with glycerin. In the foamed tar soap you need to add glycerin in the ratio of 1: 1 and apply the mask for 15 minutes. With frequent use of this mixture dandruff will disappear.
To strengthen the hair follicles It should be 5 grams. soap chips mixed with 25 ml. cognac and 20 grams. rye flour. The resulting slurry is applied to clean wet strands and leave for 1 hour. Then wash off the mask with warm, acidified water and use a soft balm.
To lighten curls need 50 grams. soap shavings and a packet of white clay dissolved in warm water. Then add 200 ml there. burdock oil and 5 drops of essential oils of cinnamon and lemon. Apply to unwashed hair and leave for 1 h.
Properties of tar soap for hair
The composition of tar soap is simple - 90% of animal fat acids and vegetable oils and 10% of tar. Omit the first 90%. The last 10% is important for us. It is believed that it is this "spoon of tar" has a beneficial effect on the condition of the hair. Let us find out what trichologists will say on this score:
- Tar soap has a drying effect, due to which less sebum is secreted and the hair remains fresh for a long time.
- Tar is a natural antiseptic, and in combination with alkali that contains soap, it actively fights against the increased acidity of the scalp and prevents the formation of oily seborrhea.
- The tar has an irritating effect on the scalp, providing an additional flow of blood and nutrients to the hair follicles, thereby stimulating hair growth.
- Substances in tar soap have a positive effect on the hair structure, making them stronger and more resistant to external damage.
- Tar has been known for its anti-parasitic properties since ancient times. Трихологи даже рекомендуют использовать его для профилактики и лечения педикулеза. Такой продукт не только поможет вывести паразитов, но и оздоровит кожу головы.
- Еще одно целебное свойство продукта – противогрибковое действие. If you regularly wash your hair with tar soap, you can cure the scalp fungus without resorting to serious therapy and antibiotics.
There is a beauty legend that tar soap helps restore the natural pigment in hair that has already turned gray. However, trichologists are skeptical of this belief, noting that the reverse process of pigmentation of gray-haired strands is unrealistic, just as it is not possible to prevent their occurrence. The time of occurrence of gleams of gray hair laid at the genetic level. Someone and in extreme old age can retain the natural pigment, and someone has the first silver threads begin to appear as early as 20 years.
Tar soap: use and harm for hair
Each medal has two sides, and even the best medicine can be poison, and before blindly following the advice, you should carefully discern where the “good” and where the “harm”. Only by carefully weighing these points should everyone decide for themselves whether this method is appropriate.
The benefits of tar soap for hair
Consider the usefulness of this controversial hygiene product in relation to a rather nonspecific area for it - hair.
- The first positive and most obvious point is the natural composition. So, the curls will not accumulate "chemistry", strands will not suffer from parabens and silicones, which are so generously supplied with modern hair care products.
- Cosmetic effect is the main reason for using tar soap. Such a product is just perfect for fat-prone loses of volume. If you regularly wash your hair with tar soap, then the coveted volume will appear, and the strands will be less likely to need washing.
- Note to men! Popular rumor claims that with hair loss can save tar. Trichologists look at this statement is not so optimistic, but, nevertheless, sometimes recommend to use this product as a preventive measure against baldness. Tar, irritating to the scalp, increases blood flow to the roots, thus prolonging their life.
- When using tar soap, hair becomes denser and look visually thicker and stronger. And all due to the fact that the tar, penetrating into keratin, fills the damaged areas, making the curls more elastic and strong.
Harm of tar soap for hair
Rainbow picture can spoil the very notorious "fly in the ointment."
- Tar soap is able to dry out the skin and even provoke the formation of dry seborrhea, and if this trouble is already present, then there is a risk of further aggravating it. Moreover, the abuse of the product can cause hair loss. So remember - tar soap is contraindicated for dry scalp type.
- Also, this product is contraindicated for owners of dry or damaged hair. The soap draws moisture from keratin even more, provoking the breakage of strands and the appearance of split ends.
- Tar - a strong allergen, and therefore before the use of any product containing this component in its composition, it is necessary to conduct testing.
- If soap is used incorrectly, it will make the hair naughty and will increase their electrification. About beautiful styling will only dream.
- Tar soap differs sharp specific smell that can cause rejection, not only you but also those around you. And getting rid of the "flavor" will be quite difficult.
To prevent you from pursuing the unpleasant smell of tar, add a few drops of any citrus essential oil to your rinse. The citrus scent is able to completely kill the strong tar smell, or at least help somewhat to muffle it.
How to wash your hair with tar soap
To begin with, let's look at whether it is possible to wash your hair with tar soap or is this another pseudo-popular recipe? In fact, you can, however, just like any other soap. But the cosmetic effect will be appropriate - just clean hair without additional care and effects. In other words, after applying this hygienic product, additional grooming procedures will be required to bring the hair into proper condition.
Even if you have determined for yourself that tar soap is completely your product, suitable for all indications and individual characteristics of hair and scalp, and you agree to spend additional time on restoring curls after the procedure, you should follow a number of important rules.
- Do not soap your hair in a bar. You can only use soap suds for washing your hair. To form a thick foam, it is enough to dissolve a previously crushed piece of soap in a container, and then beat the water with your hands until a stable soap substrate is formed. Or, grind the bar in the hands to the formation of the desired volume of foam substance.
- Do not use too hot water to wash and rinse hair. In hot water, the tar melts, and falling on the curls envelops them like wax. In the future, the soap will be very difficult to wash. As a result, instead of a voluminous hairstyle, you will get dull stuck together strands. The ideal temperature for the procedure is 34 - 37 degrees. It is in this mode that the soap can completely dissolve, but it will not stick to the hair.
- Soap foam should be applied only to the hair roots and scalp, without focusing on the tips of the strands. If there is a tendency to cross-section, then it is better to protect the tips from contact with soap. Otherwise, the problem will only get worse.
- Do not overdo the foam. Maximum 4 min. The tar is such a strong component that it can dry out even oily skin, leading subsequently to hair loss.
- For the procedure, it is desirable to use soft water. It forms a foam better and in this way less soap will be applied to the hair. It will also be easy to wash it off.
- For rinsing the head, it is imperative to add vinegar to the water, it will help to wash the hair, partially neutralize the smell of tar and provide shine to the curls. Make a solution at the rate of 1 tsp. 80% acetic acid to 2 liters. water, or 1 tbsp. apple vinegar on 1 l. water.
- After washing with tar soap, it is advisable to rinse the head twice. Only in this case, you are guaranteed to remove the remnants of the product from the curls.
- At the end of the procedure, you should apply a moisturizing balm or hair oil, paying attention to the tips. Remember, tar soap can dry even greasy hair. So apply the balm, evenly distributing the entire length of the curls.
How often can I wash my hair with tar soap
Having found out why such a non-specific remedy is used, one should not be carried away by this method. So trichologists say that frequent washing with tar soap can cause dryness of the head and disruption of the hair structure. Remember - tar soap is not a cosmetic product, and it is not intended to wash your hair. And because it should be used only if there really are indications - oily seborrhea, increased greasiness of hair, fungus, etc. In all these cases, you should complete a course of at least 3 weeks.
You can wash your hair without thickening 2 times a week. At other times, you should use regular shampoo that suits your hair type.
As a prophylaxis, you can return to this procedure, but not earlier than three months after intensive therapy, by conducting a weekly preventive headwash course. But remember - no more than 2 times a week!
What is better - shampoo or tar soap. Expert opinion
We are confident that even after a detailed analysis of the benefits and harms, the convinced supporters of natural cosmetics will continue to defend the advantages of the popular method. As a final argument, we suggest that you read the opinion of the doctor. The well-known doctor Sergey Agapkin will explain to all of us why you shouldn't get carried away with tar soap.
As you can see, tar soap for hair is more a means of traditional medicine, but not cosmetology. In other words, it should be used only if there is evidence and the presence of a certain kind of problem. But to use it in return is usually a shampoo or as a cosmetic product mistakenly. It does not give beauty curls, on the contrary, make them dull and brittle. The main task of tar soap is to improve the strands and scalp and eliminate the existing problems, after solving which you should return to the usual hygienic means intended for the hair.
Use of soap with birch tar for hair
Tar soap contains 10% of natural birch tar, which causes the benefit and effect of applying it to the hair. Birch tar, and, accordingly, soap also has antiseptic, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, antiparasitic, drying properties, thanks to which tar soap helps even when other more modern means are powerless. This is especially true of problems such as fungus, seborrhea, hair loss and dandruff. The tool also helps to restore the damaged process of keratinization of cells, accelerates the healing of wounds and microtraumas. Using tar soap for hair and scalp can additionally improve their growth, because it improves blood supply to the scalp, normalizing the full functioning of the hair follicles.
In addition to the use of hair, tar soap is used in the care of face skin for the treatment of acne, as an anti-infective agent for intimate hygiene, treatment of burns, frostbite, etc. It is suitable for all types of hair (especially oily), does not dry the skin, does not provoke irritation, providing a mild effect. The main drawback of tar soap is a sharp smell of tar, resembling burnt bark. To the smell does not spread through the apartment, store soap in a closed soap dish. By the way, after washing the smell from the hair, subject to certain rules, disappears quickly (a few minutes), so be afraid that the hair will emit an unpleasant “amber” is not worth it.
The use of tar soap in the care of the scalp and hair has several nuances, without which you will not get the expected effect:
- It is inconvenient to lather a head with a piece of soap, it is better to rub it in your palms (it can be diluted with a small amount of warm water), and then the resulting lather is distributed over the entire length of hair.
- It is necessary to wash your hair with tar soap in lukewarm water, not in hot water, otherwise an unpleasant, hard-to-wash oily film will remain on your hair, which will give an unkempt appearance.
- After applying soap suds on the hair, you should massage the scalp a little, and then rinse thoroughly with boiled water at room temperature, a total of soap on the hair should be no more than 5 minutes in order not to overdry them.
- To soften the strands and eliminate the smell of tar, you should rinse your head thoroughly with acidified water (2 tablespoons of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar per 1 liter of water) or a balm or conditioner should be used with a nettle decoction. The barely perceptible odor after the procedure is preserved only on wet hair, after drying it disappears.
From the first time, you may not like the result; you need several applications so that the scalp and hair are used to the remedy. Apply tar soap for hair should be once every seven days (the rest of the time the usual soft shampoo) for 2 months. Next, you need to take a break. Such treatment courses using tar soap can be carried out no more than two per year.
Vitamin mask for all hair types.
Tar soap (crushed in chips) - 1 tbsp. l
Warm water - 50 ml.
Olive oil - 1 tbsp. l
Vitamin A - 7 drops.
Vitamin E - 7 drops.
Dilute tar chips in warm water and lather thoroughly, add the remaining ingredients. The resulting mixture is first applied to the hair roots, and then the entire length. Hair fasten for convenience with a barrette and wait 30 minutes. After a specified period of time, rinse the head thoroughly in warm water using a mild shampoo and conditioner (balsam). The procedure is carried out 1 time in seven days.
Mask with henna for all hair types.
Colorless henna in powder - 2 tbsp. l
Tar soap (crushed in chips) - 1 tbsp. l
Dilute the henna with water until a homogeneous creamy mass is obtained. In the finished mixture to enter the soap shavings and mix thoroughly for 5 minutes. The composition is applied for 10 minutes over the entire length of hair, then rinse with warm water, rinse with water, acidified with lemon juice (1 liter of water, 2 tbsp. L of lemon juice), and then use a balm. Mask to do once a week.
Oil mask with egg.
Castor oil - 1 tsp.
Sea buckthorn oil - 1 tsp.
Chicken egg - 1 pc.
Chopped tar tar soap - 2 tsp.
Lemon oil (or grapefruit, mandarin) - 2 drops.
First combine the oil, add the remaining components. The resulting composition is distributed over the entire length of the hair, previously rubbed into the roots. After 15 minutes, thoroughly wash off the mask with warm boiled water using a balm or conditioner.
Mask for dry hair.
Chopped tar tar soap - 1 tbsp. l
Very fat sour cream - 100 g.
Vitamin A - 3 drops.
Mix the chips with sour cream and vitamin A. Spread the mass on the hair and wait for thirty minutes, then rinse the head thoroughly with a mild shampoo and using a conditioner balsam.
Tar soap from lice.
The tool is a great way to get rid of lice. Despite the variety of modern drugs, tar soap has in this case one indisputable advantage - naturalness, which is especially important when using it on children. One application is enough to rid the child of parasites by simply applying soap on the hair and holding it for five minutes to rinse the soap suds.
Mask with vodka and egg.
Vodka - 100 ml.
crushed tar soap - 1 tbsp. l
vegetable oil (olive, sunflower, castor, burdock) - 5 tbsp. l
egg yolk - 2 pcs.
liquid honey - 1 tbsp. l
warm water - 1 tbsp. l
Grind the tar chips in the water, add the remaining ingredients and stir it all thoroughly. Rub the finished compound into the roots and spread it over the entire length of the hair. Soak the mask for thirty minutes and then rinse thoroughly with shampoo and balsam. The mask additionally gives a good amount of hair.
Contraindications to the use of tar soap
- Excessive dryness of the scalp and hair, because the tool has a drying effect.
- Thin and sensitive skin.
- Tendency to allergic reactions to strong odors.
The use of tar soap has long been proven, use it fearlessly and follow our recommendations and then your hair will radiate health and beauty.
Benefits and uses of tar soap
Let's start from the beginning. Already from the name it is clear that the main component of soap is tar. What is this substance? The majority of people remember from history that the gates of disgraced girls in the villages were smeared on them, and only that.
Tar tar boats and ships, protected from moisture boots, used as a lubricant for the wheels, impregnated railway sleepers, used as a means of insects, added as an ingredient in cosmetics and soap, and in the bath mixed with water and enjoyed the fresh resin scent. Here is such a universal product.
But since before us lies the bar of tar soap, let's take a closer look at its beneficial properties. In the tar contains a lot of useful substances for the skin, so the soap is effective:
- fights against inflammatory processes and skin diseases such as psoriasis, eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, lichen, fungus, scabies and many others,
- reduces pain and itching
- enhances skin regeneration
- increases blood circulation
- speeds up the healing of bedsores.
Wounds, scratches and microcracks heal practically before our eyes, it is enough just to lather them. For adolescents, it is useful to wash with tar soap, it promotes deep penetration and cleansing, reduces inflammation and prevents the formation of black dots.
Boils and purulent lesions are useful to regularly treat well foamed soap and leave for 15 minutes.
Burns and frostbite, barley and herpes, prevention of flu and colds - all subject to an ordinary piece of soap with the addition of wood tar.
You can use the following recipe. Grate the soap on a grater about 1 tablespoon, add a little warm water and foam with a shaving brush. 100 grams of fat sour cream mixed with foam and drip a few drops of vitamin A (can be purchased at the pharmacy).
Keep the resulting mass on your hair for half an hour and wash it off with an ordinary shampoo.
Pediculosis. Now it is rare, but no one is immune from it, especially unlucky for children. Tar has long been used to kill and scare off parasites. It may have been effective in the old days, but now the effect of tar soap against lice is overrated. From the first time you will not succeed.
Содержащийся в дегте фенол при длительном воздействии на органические ткани как бы обжигает их, а, следовательно, белок сворачивается. Но полностью вшей не уничтожает, так как у них достаточно крепкие покровы, они становятся медлительными и «оглушенными». In order for the product to work, soap suds must be kept on the hair for at least 40 minutes, and during this time it will dry the skin and hair strongly.
Why was it thought that soap helps? The fact is that it eliminated the itching of bites, irritation. And after the use of a frequent ridge, the "inhibited" and immobile insects were mostly combed out. Accordingly, the population decreased.
Everyone knows how unpleasant it is when dandruff appears. The head itches, skin flakes scattered over the shoulders, hair looks unpleasant and unaesthetic. In addition, it is not just a cosmetic defect, but a disease that cannot be treated with ordinary shampoo.
Here tar soap comes to the rescue. It is worth noting that the tool will help only with oily dandruff, as it has the property to dry the skin. Tar fights well against viruses and bacteria, eliminates fungus that is a source of dandruff, reduces itching and irritation.
To achieve a positive result, use the simple rules:
- no hot water, it remains on her hair an unpleasant bloom - only warm,
- beat the foam separately, do not soap your head with a piece of soap,
- keep the product on your head for no more than 2-3 minutes
- rinse well with warm water and rinse with vinegar.
The course of treatment is designed for two months, provided that this hair will be washed no more than 1-2 times a week. The rest of the time at your service ordinary shampoo.
Despite the variety of cosmetics for hair, tar soap is still popular with representatives of thick and shiny curls. And all because tar increases blood circulation, and therefore stimulates hair growth. Moreover, it restores the damaged structure, after regular use, the hair becomes shiny and voluminous. The unpleasant smell of soap is easily eliminated with rinses and conditioners.
If you have oily and greasy hair, dandruff periodically appears, use tar soap for hair, the use of which is proven by time.
The mask strengthens and heals, suitable for all types of hair.
Dissolve two tablespoons of colorless henna with warm water to a slurry. In the resulting mass, rub on a fine grater a tablespoon of tar soap. Mix well until smooth.
Apply to hair and hold for 10 minutes, rinse with warm water and use a rinser from acidified water with lemon or vinegar.
With castor oil
Well helps with brittle and split ends, restores the structure and nourishes the scalp.
Take half a cup of warm water, and even better bread kvass. Dissolve a spoon of tar chips and 10 mg of castor oil in the liquid. Stir until smooth.
Apply to wet washed hair and soak for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and use the air conditioner.
With egg and olive oil
The mask gives strength and shine to hair.
Beat a teaspoon of shavings with a shaving brush to form a strong foam. Carefully insert three chicken yolks and two tablespoons of olive oil. Spread on dry hair and wrap with a wrap or put on a shower cap. After 20 minutes, rinse well with shampoo.
Contraindications and possible harm
In the modern world, due to the abundance of artificial materials around us, poor-quality food and polluted with chemical waste air, many are allergic to natural products. Before using tar soap, try it on a small area of skin. If itching and redness appear, it is dangerous to use it due to an allergic reaction. Instead of good, tar will harm you.
Having a drying effect, tar is harmful to dry skin and hair.
It should also be abandoned if you are pregnant due to the presence of phenol and tar, these substances can damage the unborn baby.
Some people just can't stand the unpleasant smell of soap, it makes them nauseous. Do not use it then.
Recommendations for use
Tar has a drying effect and is effective for all kinds of pimples and rashes. However, more than 2 times a day for washing soap is not suitable even for owners of oily skin. Those who have it dry should be applied pointwise or on problem areas.
In order not to overdry the scalp, use tar soap for washing hair no more than 2 times a week, and dyed or chemically curled hair - 1 time.
It is worth knowing that tar quickly washes away the dye from the hair, but if you tint with a shade, then after this particular soap the color will brighten.
Do not soap your head with a piece of soap, foam it in advance and rub the resulting foam into your hair. Do not keep on hair longer than 2-3 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and rinse with conditioner or rinse.
It is advisable to take a break for several weeks after a month of use. Repeat the course as necessary. The peculiarity of the tar is that the healing effect comes with time.
As you can see, tar soap for hair, reviews of which are only positive, is an old and almost forgotten folk remedy. Nature itself takes care of us, gives beauty and health. Be sure to buy a bar of soap and use it from time to time. Hair, face and body will thank you.
I am interested in fashion, beauty, celebrity life. I love to care for my beloved body, constantly experimenting. I share with you the most useful information.
One comment to the article “Tar soap for hair: useful properties and 4 recipes of masks”
Now tar shampoos and hair masks have appeared, it is not necessary to use bar soaps. It is better to experiment on the weekend, if you are not going anywhere - the specific smell on the hair lasts for a long time. I tried the tar mask for hair (Neva cosmetics) - it smelled for a day, but I really liked the effect: the hair is shiny, combing well. I make a mask about once a week, on other days usual shampoos / balms.
Tar soap, the harm and usefulness of which has long been known, has already helped many. Did you know that this product is 90% soap, and the remaining 10% went to birch tar? So, the last component is the most unique and useful thing that can be in this tool.
Tar soap, the utility and harm of which has been known to medicine for a long time, is used for such frequent diseases as furunculosis, eczema, as well as for various dermatological ailments. This tool is regularly used to care for patients who are unable to move, in particular when they form bedsores. Also soap is able to heal cracks on the heels, abrasions, burns, frostbite.
This tool is suitable for almost all skin types, which is its indispensable advantage.
The only thing that can be confusing when using tar soap is its strong smell. But here you can find a way out - hide it in a soap box, so that the unusual “amber” does not spread throughout the room. Do not be afraid that after applying the unpleasant smell will remain for a long time, because it will disappear in a few minutes.
Let's see in which cases this indispensable and universal remedy will help.
Can I use tar soap for hair? The benefits of birch tar are invaluable in this case, despite the fact that after its use everyone remains in his own opinion. Some say that after using this tool, the hair becomes hard, and itching on the scalp begins. Others, on the contrary, claim that they literally got rid of dandruff in a few days, and their hair became unusually beautiful and healthy. So who is right in this situation, let's figure it out?
Indeed, it has long been proven that tar soap, the benefits and harms of which in this case are unequal, fights dandruff. So why do some people talk about dullness and hair loss after applying soap? The answer is obvious. This effect will be observed only after the first use, so do not worry, because after a few days of use, you will notice a positive result. Hair becomes obedient, soft, and dandruff can be forgotten.
Rules for the use of tar soap for hair
- Do not use this tool if you have dry hair, otherwise the problem can be exacerbated even more.
- After using the soap, apply conditioner so as not to overdry the hair.
- Wash your hair with an agent no more than once every 5-7 days.
- After foaming, do not hold the soap for a long time, otherwise dry the hair and scalp.
In addition to the fight against dandruff, tar soap is used for hair loss, because due to birch tar hair follicles are strengthened. This gives the hair a thick and luxuriant look.
In case of hair loss, wash your hair with tar soap, and after 2 months you will see a result that will surely please you. The only point: you should not use the tool regularly, enough once a week, at other times use the usual soft shampoo.
Mask to strengthen hair
Take tar soap and rub it on a grater, pour water and foam. Add a tablespoon of olive oil, 7 drops of vitamin A and vitamin E. Apply to the hair roots, then spread over the entire length. Hold for half an hour and wash off with a mild shampoo. Apply conditioner. Let dry naturally. Perform the procedure once a week.
Tar Soap - Lice Killer
Recently, this problem is not so acute as in earlier times. But in some cases, the child still manages to catch lice in school or kindergarten. Tar soap in this case will help the first time. It is enough to put it on the head, it is good to lather and hold for 5-7 minutes. Wash off - and the lice were gone.
Many people ask: “Can I use tar soap from acne? Will benefit or harm be in this case? ”The answer is obvious. Quite a lot of people switched to the use of this tool, using more expensive before, and, accordingly, the result did not take long to wait. Tar soap, whose benefits and harms in dermatology have long been known, is used in the fight against such a common problem as acne and acne.
Thanks to birch tar, which, in combination with soap, increases blood flow to the skin, the face becomes smoother and cleaner.
It should be remembered that the use of tar soap in the case of dry skin should not be, otherwise it can lead to more serious consequences. Therefore, the tool is suitable only for those who have oily skin type or abundant acne.
If after applying you feel skin tightness, then immediately after applying, apply a moisturizing tonic or any nourishing cream.
Despite its affordability, tar soap, the benefits and harms of which are well known to dermatologists, can surpass many expensive cosmetic products designed to combat acne and acne.
- Rub a little soap on a grater and mix it with the same amount of water, foam and apply on problem areas for 15-17 minutes. You should not increase the specified time, otherwise the skin may redden, and peeling and excessive dryness will appear. Wash off first with warm, then cool water. After application, apply a nourishing moisturizer. This mask will help with abundant acne, and will also have a lifting effect. Carry out the procedure 1-2 times in 5-7 days.
- Rub a piece of soap on a grater. Take any of the herbs: chamomile, calendula, nettle. 0.5 tbsp. l herbs brew 0.5 cups of boiling water, leave for 15 minutes. Add infusion to soap and foam. Apply the liquid mixture to your face and leave for 9-12 minutes. After using this mask, apply a nourishing moisturizer. Use the procedure 2 times a week.
- Rub a little soap on a grater, dilute with warm water. Take a pinch of soda and add to the solution. Apply on face for 12 minutes, avoiding the area near the eyes. Wash off with warm, then cool water. This is a very effective mask for acne. Apply 1-2 times a week.
Intimate hygiene. Tar soap: benefit, harm
Advice on the use of birch tar for intimate hygiene gave our grandmother to our mothers. To date, produced a huge variety of different cosmetics with a variety of dyes and fillers, which are unlikely to bring any benefit to women's health. Therefore, many people prefer to use tar soap for hygiene.
How to make intimate soap at home?
Tar soap, the benefits and harms of which have been known for a long time in gynecology, does not harm delicate female skin, protects against many genital infections, and also prevents a large number of various female diseases. Especially useful soap in the case of minor injuries, microtraumas, after shaving in the intimate area.
In order to prepare their own tool for intimate hygiene, special skills or labor is not required. To do this, it is enough to take tar soap and rub it on a grater. Add a little water and cook until the mixture is completely dissolved and takes the form of a thick sticky mass. After that, it is added all sorts of decoctions or infusions of herbs (chamomile, celandine), a few drops of any essential oil and balm for intimate hygiene. Next, the mixture is cooled and poured into molds. Then the future soap is left in the open air for 7-8 days. That's all, the tool is ready for use. It is quite gentle and pleasant.
To whom does this soap harm?
Tar can cause an allergic reaction in people who do not tolerate its smell. Also, do not use soap for owners of dry skin and hair.
As can be seen from the above, the benefits of this tool are much greater than the harm, so feel free to use tar soap and be always healthy.