Sculpting is very useful for children, as it allows you to develop fine motor skills and the most positive effect on the development of the child. Many kids like to make crafts from plasticine, but the shopping option is not the best. The child can get dirty and even poisoned. So be sure to find out how to make homemade clay!
What makes homemade clay? We list the main ingredients that are used most often:
- Flour plays the role of the foundation, without it you can’t do without it. You can use plain wheat flour, corn, oatmeal or any other. But it is desirable that she was light, it will give her absolutely any shade.
- Water. One cannot do without it, it is she who in tandem with flour gives plasticine the necessary plasticity and consistency.
- Salt. As you know, it absorbs moisture and does not allow it to evaporate. If this component is neglected, the clay will simply dry out and will not be able to be stored and used for a long time.
- Lemon juice plays the role of a certain preservative and allows you to store plasticine for quite some time.
- Vegetable oil. It is necessary, firstly, for better adhesion of all other ingredients, secondly, to make the mass plasticity. Thirdly, the oil reduces the stickiness of clay and allows you to work with it, without fear that the composition will stick to your hands.
- Some recipes also contain ingredients such as tartar or alum. Many of these names may seem strange, but in fact today it is all available. Tartar can be found in a specialized store for confectioners, but it is needed to preserve the shape and consistency. Alum can be purchased at the pharmacy, they perform about the same function.
- Dyes. Of course, it is much more interesting to sculpt from colored clay than from monophonic. It is best to use food natural dyes, they are safe and harmless.
The benefits of homemade clay
Here are the advantages of home-made plasticine:
- It is safe and harmless. Even if the child wants to taste the mass, nothing terrible will happen, since all the components are natural.
- It is convenient and practical. It is a pleasure to sculpt from home-made plasticine, because it is viscous, plastic, pleasant to the touch and soft. And he does not stain hands, which is also important.
- It's not expensive. All the ingredients you will surely find at home or in the nearest store, but they are inexpensive.
- It is fast! It will not take you long to make homemade plasticine.
How to do?
So, how to make homemade clay with your own hands? We offer you a few recipes.
For production you will need:
- 1 glass of water
- 1 cup flour,
- ½ cup finely ground salt,
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice,
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil,
- natural food colors in different colors.
- Pour lemon juice into a glass and then water.
- Mix the flour with salt and place in a preheated pan with a thick bottom or in a frying pan.
- Now add vegetable oil and water with lemon juice, mix everything. If you want to get plasticine of the same color, then you can add a dye at this stage. If you need a lot of different colors, then paint it later, when it cools a little.
- Keep the mixture on the fire for about 4-6 minutes. As a result, it should harden.
- Cool the composition and knead it, and then proceed to the molding.
Such clay, in principle, is quite edible, but its taste is not the most pleasant because of the large amount of salt. So if your child decides to test the mass "per tooth", then most likely he will not be delighted. But in any case, the kid will not be able to poison himself.
- 2 glasses of water
- ½ cup salt,
- 2 cups of flour,
- 2 tablespoons of alum,
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil,
- Pour water into the pot and heat it, then dissolve the salt in it.
- Now add alum, vegetable oil and flour to the salt solution. Actively and thoroughly knead the mass with your hands, like dough.
- Now you can divide the finished composition into several parts and paint them. Just drop a few drops of dye onto each part and knead the mass again until the whole piece is colored evenly and completely.
This is a natural clay, but still it is better for kids not to give it, since alum is inedible. In the process of modeling should observe their fumes.
- 2 cups of flour,
- 2 glasses of water
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil,
- 3 tablespoons of tartar,
- 2/3 cup of salt
- 10 drops of glycerin (it is needed to add shine, but this component is optional),
How to do? It's simple:
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients, namely salt, cream of tartar and flour.
- Boil water.
- Pour boiling water into a bowl with dry ingredients. This should be done slowly and carefully, constantly and actively stirring the composition with a spoon. You should have a rather thick and sticky mass.
- Add glycerin (this item is optional, but desirable).
- Now cool the composition.
- Remove the mass from the bowl and knead it with your hands until the stickiness disappears.
Such clay can be prepared quickly and easily in the microwave. Ingredients:
- 2 glasses of water
- 2 cups of flour,
- 1 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil,
- 1 tablespoon of tartar.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a microwave container.
- Place the bowl in the microwave, tightly closed with a lid, for about five minutes (the exact time will depend on the power of the appliance).
- When the mass has cooled, knead it to form a ball. Dyes can be added at this stage, or at the very beginning, in the process of mixing the components.
This clay does not contain flour. List of ingredients:
- 1.5 glasses of water
- 1 cup of starch,
- 2 cups of baking soda.
- Put all ingredients in a saucepan and mix.
- Put the pot on the fire, bring the mass to a boil and cook until a thick composition is formed.
- Cool the resulting clay and knead it thoroughly.
This is the easiest recipe. But remember that it is better to use such clay immediately, since it will not be stored for a long time. List of components:
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup flour,
- ¼ cup salt,
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
How to make this clay? Everything is very simple:
- Bring water to a boil.
- Put salt and flour in boiling water, then add butter.
- When a tight ball forms in the saucepan, turn off the heat and stir the mixture on a floured table.
- When the clay is cool, knead it until stickiness disappears.
Some useful tips:
- Store the finished material in plastic containers (tightly closed), in plastic bags or in food film.
- Before modeling, clay can be cooled or slightly heated to make it more interesting for the child to do. This will allow you to develop tactile sensations.
Make homemade clay and enjoy working with your whole family!
Plasticine recipe with starch
To make a plastic mass for modeling, take:
- 2 cups of flour,
- 1 glass of water
- 1 cup of salt,
- vegetable oil,
- 1 tablespoon of starch,
- food colorings,
- PVA glue.
Put wheat flour and salt in deep dishes. Then, gradually adding water, knead the dough. Add starch, PVA glue and vegetable oil to the mass. Knead a lot for a long time and thoroughly, according to its consistency, it should resemble a steep dumpling dough.
To dye homemade clay in the desired color, use food colors. Pour the powder into the water before adding it to the flour with salt, and then knead the mass as described above.
Keep plastic mass must be in the refrigerator. Wrap it in a bag and put it in a plastic container. However, it is not necessary to keep homemade clay for a long time, a maximum of one week.
From such clay you can make any crafts, souvenirs, magnets and so on. Products on the air dry and become durable, so it will be impossible to re-use homemade clay. If you add a few drops of essential oil to plasticine, it will acquire a pleasant aroma.
Flour and Salt Recipe
To prepare homemade plasticine for this recipe for 1 cup of flour you will need:
- 0.25 cup of salt,
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil,
- 0.5 glass of water.
Pour the water into the pot, put it on the fire and bring to a boil. Pour salt, flour and vegetable oil. Stir the mixture thoroughly to avoid lumps. Boil the mixture over low heat until thickened. Then put the dough on the table, let it cool a little and knead until it is still warm until elastic. An important condition - the finished clay should not stick to the hands.
This mass can also be dyed during cooking with food dyes, acrylic paints and gouache, as well as sculpted from white and colored ready crafts If you add a few drops of glycerin to the mixture during cooking, the finished clay will become shiny.
Plasticine from the microwave
Homemade clay can be prepared in the microwave. Mix in a deep dish 1 cup of salt without additives and 2 cups of flour. In the mixture, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil and half a glass of water.
Mix the mass thoroughly and pour into a special form for the microwave. Cover the dishes with a lid and place in the oven for 5 minutes at an average power.
Remove the form from the microwave and let the mass cool slightly, then knead the clay, cover it with cling film and let it stand before you start to sculpt it.
The main types of homemade plasticine
Varieties of homemade products very much. But there are several basic options:
- mass prepared using heat,
- ordinary cold cooked
- smart plasticine.
There are other types, but they are obtained by adding or replacing some of the ingredients of the basic recipe, or changing the method of preparation.
For example, ball, magnetic, for children with allergies, fried clay and clay from a microwave.
Be sure to try to cook for your baby every kind of homemade mass for sculpting. This is a great way to have fun with your child and return to your childhood.
Consider options for making clay.
Hot cooking methods
These methods involve heating the ingredients in order to facilitate the process of obtaining a homogeneous mass from them. The clay produced using heat treatment is stored for a long time, but it takes a long time to make it.
It is the most popular and relatively simple.
- First you need to pour half a liter of water into the pot and put it on the stove.
- After boiling remove from the hob.
- Separately mixed two cups of flour, one salt and a tablespoon of citric acid.
- Mix dry ingredients with water and a spoonful of butter.
- Well knead a little cold mass.
- Now it can be divided into portions and paint them in different colors.
The name of clay can be wary, because not everyone knows what alum is and where to get it. In fact, it is quite affordable component that is sold in any pharmacy. And in plasticine alum is added to ensure that the mass retains its shape and consistency.
So, for the preparation of clay with alum, you must perform the following steps.
- Put a saucepan on the stove with water, add half a glass of salt.
- After the salt has completely dissolved, the container can be removed from the heat.
- In a saline solution add two tablespoons of alum, the same amount of oil, two cups of flour and color.
- Knead the mixture so that it is uniform and lump free.
- You can start to create.
Preparing such clay easily and quickly, in addition, it consists of the simplest ingredients. At the same time, the mass is really silk, elastic and does not stick at all to children's handles. How to make such clay?
For the preparation of lazy clay will need:
- glass of water,
- a glass of salt
- half a cup of flour,
Preparing the mass is very simple and fast.
- All components are connected in one container and put on fire.
- It is necessary to boil the mass until it becomes dense enough.
- After the pan is removed from the hotplate and cool the dough.
- Knead the dough, bring to the consistency of flour.
Some children may experience allergies when they come in contact with gluten, and therefore they are completely contraindicated in molding clay from flour.
Well, do not deprive the child of pleasure. In this case, the gluten-free recipe based on corn starch is the best possible.
For the manufacture of plasticine is necessary:
- mix in a bowl a glass of cornstarch, 2 glasses of water and color,
- heat the mixture on the stove until it thickens,
- remove from heat, cool and knead,
- hypoallergenic clay is ready.
The ingredients for salt dough are so simple that they are sure to be found in every home. The material is completely harmless and safe, and therefore they can work even the smallest sculptors.
To make it you need:
- mix in a pot a glass of fine salt with two cups of flour,
- leisurely add water in the volume of the glass to the dry mixture and knead like a regular dough,
- the mixture should not crumble and be too sticky, adjust this moment by adding liquid or flour,
- Add some vegetable oil to the dough, this will give it elasticity and prevent it from drying out.
Honey plasticine is also called edible, because it contains ingredients that can really be eaten.
To make such a clay with your own hands, you need:
- mix 6 tablespoons of honey with two glasses of peanut butter,
- give the mixture the consistency of soft plasticine by interfering with powdered milk as it takes.
Ways to make "smart" plasticine
Handgam is not just plasticine, but a fascinating toy. The mass easily changes the texture, and when it is divided into separate pieces, it runs again without problems into one whole lump. She does not stain hands, does not leave spots on objects and at the same time, gives the kids a lot of joy. How to make this unusual clay at home?
From pva and starch
In fact, there is nothing difficult in creating such an interesting toy.
- It is necessary in the package to mix a third of a glass of starch with paint.
- In this mixture, pour a quarter glass of PVA and shake it thoroughly.
- Remove the lump from the bag and allow it to drain.
Smart clay is ready.
From PVA and soda
This method of manufacturing plasticine mass is also quite simple.
- In a glass jar you need to pour 50 milliliters of glue and add color to it.
- Gradually, stirring, pour two tablespoons of soda.
- Next, the mass should be placed in the bag and knead to a uniform consistency.
Such clay can not be called natural, hypoallergenic and harmless, because giving it to very young children is not worth it.
But older guys will certainly appreciate its interesting jelly-like structure.
To create it mix 50 milliliters of PVA with detergent. Powder needs to be added so much that the consistence of gel turned out.
Methods for coloring homemade clay
To dye homemade clay, you can take food dyes, for example, those used to paint Easter eggs, or paint it with soluble beverages.
But the best option - natural dyes. These can be root juices, tea infusions, or coffee coloring spices.
If the child is old enough and does not pull the clay in his mouth, then you can use the usual paint, for example, gouache.
Homemade clay: what is it?
Since it is not very difficult to make plasticine with your own hands, more attention should be paid to the safety of ingredients: children now and then strive to try everything to taste. Flour, salt, soda, water and oil - the main composition, which does not cause suspicion. And what about dyes, because it is not as interesting to sculpt figures from a gray-white mass as from multi-colored shop clay? In this case, there are lots of options used pigments:
- The easiest way is to take the juice from the vegetables: from the beets it will turn out red, from the carrots - orange, from spinach - green. You can mix them and get different shades.
- In the confectionery department of any store special food dyes are sold that are used in baking: they are perfect for this occasion.
- Soluble drinks in small bags produce very bright colors (raspberry, lime, and so on), so they can also be taken for a greater variety of color palette of the resulting clay.
- The gouache will color the pieces well, but you need to be careful with it: if you overdo it, clay will get your hands dirty.
There are a few more tricks to make homemade clay more unusual:
- Children will like the wrap clay very much, so add a couple of drops of aroma oil to each piece. For example, to the orange piece - orange, to the yellow - lemon: from them you will be able to make fruits that will smell like real ones. The main thing - do not overdo it with the dosage and make sure that the baby is not allergic to the selected flavors.
- Spangles will decorate the plasticine mass, you just need to mix them carefully so that they are not sprinkled when sculpting.
Homemade clay: how to store it?
So how to make plasticine with your own hands is possible only from natural products, then there will be no preservatives in it, respectively, and you will have to store it not like a store:
- The first condition is to keep in hermetic packaging: containers, cans, bags with a clasp or food film - at least something from this arsenal can be found in every home.
- The second is a cool place (a refrigerator would be best).
Option 1. Soft plasticine
How to make plasticine from flour to make it soft, but at the same time not stick to your hands?
With the help of the presented recipe, you will get just such a result: pleasant to the touch, the colors are mixed when sculpting, Circuits adhere perfectly to each other, but do not stick to your hands. For manufacturing will require:
- oil (sunflower or olive) - 1 tbsp. spoon,
- citric acid - 1 tbsp. Spoon salt (preferably fine) - 1 cup,
- water - 2 cups,
- flour - 2 cups.
How to make clay with your own hands?
- Pour into the pan water and vegetable oil. Put on the stove. After the bubbles appear, you need to immediately turn off the fire.
- While the water is boiling, the rest of the ingredients should be mixed in a large cup.
- Pour the resulting liquid into the flour and salt mixture and mix. It turns out that the flour is brewed, so lumps will form at first. When the dough is no longer so hot, you need to start kneading it with your hands. The result should be a soft non-sticky mass.
- Split the dough into small bars - this will be the expected pieces of clay.
- We begin to paint the clay in the selected colors: to do this, make a small indentation in each piece and drip the dye. Shuffle and add more if needed. But it is necessary to wear gloves, so that later you don’t wash your hands of paint.
Option 2. Cooking in the microwave
In order to prepare a lot for modeling, you do not need to spend a lot of time, since you can make homemade clay in the microwave in just a couple of minutes.
- oil (any vegetable) - 1 tbsp. spoon,
- flour - 2 glasses,
- salt - 1 cup,
- cream of tartar (or baking powder) - 1 tbsp. spoon.
All ingredients are mixed in a container that is suitable for a microwave, cover with a lid and put to warm. Turn on medium roasting for 4-5 minutes (depending on the model, it may take a little longer). Take out and, after it cools, make balls from the mass.
Option 3. Hypoallergenic clay
Now, many children may be allergic to flour, because it contains gluten (gluten).
Therefore, it can be easily replaced with corn starch and follow the instructions on how to make clay without flour.
- soda (edible) - 2 glasses,
- water - 1.5 cups,
- corn starch - 1 cup.
1. Mix in a saucepan all the ingredients and put on a small fire.
2. Plasticine will be ready when the ball will form from the mixture.
3. Next, you need to cool, make a small dent and add a little dye there.
4. Knead dough for modeling.
Option 4. Handgum (or "smart" plasticine)
Handgam is not an ordinary plasticine: outwardly it looks more like a slime, and people call it lizun. Compared with ordinary clay, it has one indisputable advantage: it does not stick to hands and clothes. Children love to play with him, although it’s impossible to make any figures out of him. Handgam is quite expensive, and in the composition there is a not very useful element - sodium tetraborate.
Of course, it is hardly possible to completely protect a child from all sorts of chemicals, but to minimize contact with them is quite realistic. Therefore, you can further learn how to make clay without sodium.
- PVA glue - ¼ cup,
- package - 1 small
- liquid starch - 1/3 cup,
- Pour the starch into the bag.
- Add a little dye.
- Pour glue and shake. It should make a clot and some liquid.
- Get out of the bag and allow to drain.
Option 5. Delicious plasticine
How to make plasticine itself so that it turns out edible? Using this recipe, you can stick a mountain of tiny cakes together with your child, and then play real tea drinking and eat them. To do this, take the following ingredients:
- honey - 6 tbsp. spoons
- butter (peanut) - 2 glasses,
- dry milk (skim) - 2 cups (+/- 0.5).
Mix butter and honey in a cup and gradually add dry milk to make a mass, from which it will be convenient to sculpt.
No matter what clay you decide to do, you will be able not only to please your child, but also in a game form will help him develop.
The benefits of games with plasticine
Why do some parents dislike clay? Obviously, because he climbs under the nails of the kiddies, sticks to the floor and furniture, sometimes leaving greasy spots. But if you put these small troubles on one side of the scale (they can be avoided if you teach your child to carefully handle plasticine), and on the other - the benefits of modeling, it will immediately become clear that plasticine is a very useful thing for children. should be able to handle from a very early age (from a year or two - it depends on the individual characteristics of the development of babies).
Classes with plasticine help the child:
- start to speak faster, since there are a lot of nerve endings on the pads of children's fingers, through the stimulation of which the development of the speech apparatus accelerates,
- develop fine motor skills and learn to more completely manage your little fingers,
- to develop imagination and creative thinking - you need to work hard and work with your head to figure out how to blind, for example, a heart for mom,
- to reduce nervous tension - the process of kneading the plasticine mass acts in the same way as performing anti-stress exercises,
- to train perseverance, observation and concentration of attention,
- get new knowledge - using plasticine you can study colors, shapes, properties (big, small, hard, soft, etc.),
- have fun in active communication with a loved one.
Homemade Plasticine Recipes
The composition of the purchased clay does not inspire confidence, as it contains many incomprehensible chemicals that are unlikely to be safe for children. What can replace what shops offer? The answer is obvious - plasticine, created by hand from safe ingredients at home. Moreover, recipes homemade clay, there is a great variety.
Salt dough (sculptural clay)
The most common version of home sculptural clay is made from flour, salt and water:
- 2 cups of salt should be mixed with 1 cup of flour,
- knead the dough, gradually adding 1 cup of cold water,
- if the resulting clay clings unpleasantly to the hands, then you can mix some more flour into it.
The second method (heated):
Subscribe to a free indoor broadcast
How to develop a child HARMONIOUS
REGISTER and GET FREE GAME PLAN FOR A WEEK
By clicking on the "Submit request" button, I agree to the processing of personal data
- mix 1 cup flour and a quarter cup salt,
- half a glass of water to bring to a boil and pour the resulting bulk mixture there,
- add there any vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon,
- cook until it forms a ball
- Knead the dough thoroughly, cut into pieces and add dyes.
Weight for modeling
An excellent alternative to dough can be a soft mass for modeling, created from starch and other ingredients.
Method number 1 (with shaving foam):
- pour 400 grams of starch into a capacious container or on a tray,
- gradually add in small portions shaving foam, mixing after each addition (approximately 100-200 grams of foam),
- to make the mass more elastic, you can add any vegetable oil (about a tablespoon), and for color - food (preferably gel) dye.
Method number 2 (with soda):
- mix 2 cups (no slides) of baking soda, 1 cup of starch and 1 and a quarter cups of ice water,
- divide into parts and add dyes (can be natural - beet juice, carrots, and so on).
Method number 3 (solidifying mass):
- the mass is created in the same way as the second variant (with starch and soda), but only water is required to take 1.5 cups,
- then you need to put the mixture on the fire and cook until the contents are collected in a ball,
- remove from heat and knead well,
- Store in a closed container or under the film, otherwise the mass will quickly harden.
Very good indicators of the positive impact on the comprehensive development of babies have ball clay, which can also be prepared by yourself at home.
- Polystyrene granules (foam) to put in a tight package (they are sold in online stores and some construction firms).
- Pour 1 bottle of PVA glue into the same bag (if you wish, you can put a dye in it) and shake well.
- Add a few drops of sodium tetraborate (this is a borax - sold in pharmacies, worth a penny) to the resulting homogeneous mass - the smaller it is, the denser the mass will be.
Leaping clay (chewing gum for hands)
To create jumping clay (plastic chewing gum for hands, from which you can make jumping balls) you need to combine 100 grams of fresh (no more than 3 months from the manufacture) glue for PVA, half a bottle of borax (sodium tetraborate) and a few drops of dye.
When mixing you need to use glassware, as well as gloves and glasses. To add flavor to the cud, add essential oil to the solution.
Sand plasticine (kinetic sand)
The sandbox is a favorite children's entertainment, but it is not available in winter. This is easy to fix by creating your own sand clay (kinetic sand):
- mix in a basin or other large container 2 cups of starch (corn or potato) and 1 cup of water,
- add 4 cups of pure (this is important, the street will not work) fine sand (can be purchased in pet supplies) and again mix the mixture thoroughly,
- divide into pieces and dye by adding dyes.
Creating homemade plasticine is not only development and entertainment for the child, but also a great opportunity for parents to become a little closer to their baby.
How to make soft clay at home
Even the smallest children will be able to play with soft clay, because it is very malleable and takes any shape. We offer a very simple recipe.
- dye packaging
- 1 tsp sunflower oil,
- 1 tbsp. salt spoon,
- 2 tbsp. spoons of flour.
- Put a dye in a small bowl.
- Add sunflower oil, mix well with a teaspoon.
- Continuing to stir the mass, add a little water.
- Combine salt and flour in a separate container. In small portions add this mixture to a container with water and sunflower oil.
- Knead the total mass well until you make clay.
How to make smart clay at home with your own hands
Smart plasticine is also called handgam. On a consistence he reminds a chewing gum. It is a pity that you can't take it in your mouth. But playing with her is interesting and fun.
- 1 tbsp. PVA glue,
- food coloring packaging
- 2 bottles of tetraborate sodium,
- cooking container
- essential oil for aroma.
- Pour PVA glue into a clean container. In order for the mass to turn out to be of high quality, choose only that glue that is no more than 3 months old.
- Add essential oil and food coloring, mix thoroughly to obtain a homogeneous mixture. Handgam ready!
If this does happen, soak it in a small amount of water and mash it in your hands.
How to make a ball clay with their own hands
Ball clay has a special, heterogeneous consistency, so for children it causes a real delight. If he likes your baby, make it at home.
- food coloring,
- 0.5 tbsp. cold water
- 0.5 tbsp. hot water,
- 60 PVA glue,
- 1 tbsp. l borax.
- In a clean glass, add 1 tbsp. spoon borax, pour half a glass of hot water, temporarily set aside.
- In another glass, add 60 g of PVA glue, mix with a bag of dye.
- Put the polystyrene balls in a plastic bag, add the contents of two glasses, and knead well.
There is another cooking option.
- PVA glue,
- sodium tetraborate,
- food coloring,
- tight package
- polystyrene granules.
- Add polystyrene granules to the thick bag.
- Fill the contents of the package with glue, enter the dye, shake to evenly distribute each component.
- Once the mass becomes homogeneous, add 1 drop of sodium tetraborate. The smaller it will be, the denser the finished mass will turn out.
How to make a magnetic clay at home
As the basis for magnetic clay used hendgam. In order for it to acquire the ability to attract metal objects to itself, it is necessary to add a developer to it.
You can buy it in the shops of computer equipment. It is used to refill laser printers. The total mass must be well stirred and, of course, tested for magnetic properties.
Magnetic handgam retains its qualities even after several weeks. Of course, if you store it in a closed container on the shelf of the refrigerator. Otherwise, it dries quickly and cannot attract metal objects to itself.
When stored in the wrong conditions, the magnetic hendgam thickens strongly and can be used as a sealant. In addition, it can be used to take pictures and forms with small objects.
Another unexpected property of magnetic clay is collecting debris from contaminated objects. It is enough to hold a piece of clay on the surface, and it will be cleaned.
How to make sculptural clay at home
The main advantage of the sculpture clay, made by hand, is its safety. You can make it for your children and not worry about the fact that it will harm their health.
- 30 g of citric acid,
- 300 g flour,
- ½ liter of water
- 25 ml of vegetable oil,
- 300 g of salt,
- food coloring
- Boil water, combine with a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- In a bowl, mix the citric acid, salt and flour. Add hot water, knead the dough with a tablespoon.
- Cool the mass slightly, knead it well with your hands to form a homogeneous mass. Divide it into separate pieces. In each of them make a small indentation, add a dye, mix well.
- food coloring,
- 2 glasses of water
- 1 cup of table salt,
- 0.3 kg flour.
- Knead dough out of water, salt and flour. Divide the total mass into parts. Color each part in a different color.
- Plasticine fold in a plastic bag, put in storage in the refrigerator.
- PVA glue,
- a glass of potato starch
- 0.2 kg of salt,
- ¼ l clean water
- 0.4 kg of flour,
- a few drops of vegetable oil,
- food colors in different colors.
- In a deep bowl, mix the salt with the flour.
- Pour in water, lead the dye of the desired color.
- Slowly mix the 2 cooked masses, knead.
- Dissolve the starch, stir well again with your hands.
- Add oil and PVA glue in turn. The consistency of the mixture should be elastic and harsh.
- To store, wrap the plasticine in a plastic bag or place it in a container with a lid. Stored sculptural clay in the refrigerator.
This version of plasticine can be prepared in the microwave.
- 0.4 kg of flour,
- 0.2 kg of salt,
- 0.125 liters of water
- 1 cup of vegetable oil,
- multi-colored food colors.
- Prepare a deep tank. Do not take a metal bowl or mug, as they can not be put in the microwave.
- Add all the necessary components, mix well.
- Cap with a lid, put in a microwave for 5 minutes.
- Remove the container from the plasticine, let cool. Put it on the table, knead it. Store the mass in a plastic container.
Which day is the longest can learn from the publication on our website.
How to make bookshelves full-wall with their own hands, you can learn from this article.
From here you can take the ideas of drawings on the face for children.
Acrylic paints can be used to paint figures from different materials. Coloring plasticine is not much different from the staining of polymer clay or salt dough. If you painted figures from these materials, then easily paint the figures from clay.
If you often sculpt figurines from homemade clay, we recommend that you purchase a large box of paints. Acrylic paints are sold in tubes. After use, they must be twisted well so that they do not dry out prematurely.
With the help of basic colors you can create new shades. If you want to get some unusual color, try experimenting with the basic tones.
For work should also purchase brushes of different sizes.
Stages of painting figurines from plasticine:
- Cover the figure with the first coat of paint using a large brush. Do not be afraid that you distribute the dye unevenly - at this stage it is not scary. Let the first layer dry. Blot the figure with a napkin. If the surface has irregularities, paint them additionally with a small brush.
- Более густой краской прорисуйте детали. Делать это можно только после полного высыхания предыдущего слоя.
Как научиться лепить из пластилина
Лепка из пластилина – это одно из самых любимых детских занятий. However, the smallest kids can master this process. The task of parents is to show and tell how to work with clay, what can be made from it. Take some practical advice:
- For acquaintance with a molding choose soft plasticine from which it will be easy to mold. You can start to take a lot for modeling - it is very plastic, so children's fingers will cope with it without any problems.
- The first technique that kids need to learn is to pinch off small pieces. To make it more interesting for your child to do this, turn this process into a game. For example, grass can be made from green pieces, raindrops, etc. can be made from blue.
- To make the child learn to feel the material, teach him how to knead. First pinch off small pieces, and then gradually increase them.
- The next stage is rolling. Teach your child to sculpt plasticine flagella, sausages and balls. After mastering this technique, the baby will learn how to sculpt snowmen, caterpillars, Smeshariki, etc.
- Flattening This technique is very popular with children, because with its help you can make ears like a hare and a cat, a roof for a house, make a textured background, etc.
DIY handmade clay will last you a long time if you follow the rules for storing it.
- Store homemade clay must be in the refrigerator. As a container fit container with the lid closed. If not, just wrap with plastic wrap.
- If you made a multi-colored clay, it is convenient to store it in a container with partitions. These containers are designed for food, but they can also be successfully used for storage. The pieces will not mix with each other, so they will retain their color and texture for a long time.
- For storage of multi-colored plasticine also suitable empty jars of paint. They are compact, have a cover, so it is perfectly stored in them.
If you include only food products in the recipe, you can even make clay. At home, without problems, you can create smart, sculptural, ball and even magnetic clay!
Additional information about soft clay can be found in the following video.
Tips for storing sticky mass
Homemade clay should be stored in a closed container, food film or plastic bag. Shelf life - no more than a week, in the refrigerator or in a cool closet.
If moisture appears on the clay, you can evaporate it, heat the mass, or add a little flour. When drying, on the contrary, add water.
DIY-made clay is a real find for parents who are trying to fully develop the child while taking care of his health.
He is completely safe, and playing with him will be one of your kid's favorite activities. And sculpting with parents is a great way to spend time together.
Mother of two children. I have been running a household for over 7 years now - this is my main job. I like to experiment, I constantly try various means, methods, techniques that can make our life easier, more modern, richer. I love my family.
His Majesty Plasticine
Plasticine quickly found its popularity among people associated with modeling, modeling and design skills. He is neither more nor less than 200 years old, and over the years he acquired a wide variety of colors and noticeably improved his qualities. Plasticine is used everywhere, various technical models and sculptures are molded from it. He even took a worthy place in the animation, remember the "Plasticine Crow"? In schools, it is indispensable for the creative development of children. By the way, it is irreplaceable today, even along with the great mass of developing and smart toys. Adults use plastic mass to realize their colorful fantasies, and it lays down on canvas with unusual curls, creating pictures that are striking in their originality. Amazing stuff.
A friend or a cat in a bag?
Most often puzzled composition of clay is the parents. It is no secret that, along with the manifestation of their creative potentials, children often taste it. The colorful and pliable mass causes their keen interest and at the same time fear among moms and dads. Manufacturers, in turn, guarantee security. But is it worth to trust them, because the health of children is in the balance? Therefore, most parents are looking for options on how to make clay with their own hands at home. After all, the only way they can be sure of its composition.
For the little ones
No matter how tricky clay seems at first glance, it is quite possible to repeat it at home. He will not only be safe in contact with the skin of the child, but in the case of sampling his teeth, nothing bad will happen, although the young master is unlikely to like it. Basically, clay at home is prepared on the principle of salt dough. There are ingredients for it in every home, and the cooking process will take only a few minutes. Such a mass will be soft, pleasant to the touch and will not stick to the handles. But it will be good to glue the parts together. The finished mass can be painted in the most unusual colors, such are not always found even in stores. By the way, before you make clay at home on your own, think about what you want to tint it. It can be completely natural dyes, for example, beet juice, cocoa or turmeric. Or ordinary food, in this case, you should buy them in advance.
- Bring 2 glasses of water to a boil by adding a tablespoon of any vegetable oil.
- While the water is boiling, mix a glass of fine salt with 2 cups of flour and a tablespoon of citric acid. Stir.
- As soon as the water with the oil boils, pour it into the prepared flour and start to quickly knead with a spoon. Lumps should not scare, hot water will make flour, and they gradually completely dissolve.
- When the mass has cooled down a bit and allows you to touch it with your hands, knead it well to a state of soft elastic dough that does not stick to your hands.
- Clay divided into several parts and paint each in their own color. Make a recess in a piece, add paint and vigorously move. If the color is not saturated, add a little paint.
Now you know how to make clay at home on their own and without any extra effort. The cost of its manufacture is minimal, and you can make a new one at least every day, and most importantly - it is safe. Homemade clay can dry out a little on the air and lose plasticity, because it is better to store it in small containers or sachets.
- Knead plastic dough from 2 cups of flour, a glass of salt and water.
- Divide the mass into pieces and paint each in the appropriate color.
It is necessary to store in containers, otherwise it will dry out. Such a plasticine recipe at home is often used, and it is simply called salted dough.
Masters take unpainted mass, sculpt products and dry well. After that they paint and varnish. A great option for interior decoration or as a gift to loved ones.
And he is smart
Let's go back to our childhood for a while. Surely, many will remember the toy, which both the children and adults called "lizun". A soft, loose and jumping piece of an incomprehensible gum has become the most favorite toy of children. He jumped like a ball, stuck to the ceiling and ran down the walls like a living one, and he also smelled deliciously of chewing gum. Remember?
In fact, our “lizun” is called hendgam, which is also called “chewing gum for hands” or “smart clay”. A unique polymer that can be both solid and liquid. Becoming a favorite of the public, it is still popular with children and adults.
The most interesting thing is that home craftsmen have several recipes on how to make plasticine with handguns. In fact, everything is simple.
- Capacity and stick for stirring.
- Fresh office glue PVA (100 grams).
- Dye to your taste.
- Sodium tetraborate (sold in a pharmacy). If you bought the solution, then one bubble is enough for 100 grams of glue. If the powder, then pre-dissolve a tablespoon in 1/2 cup of water and then add to the mass.
- A quarter cup of water. The more water, the more fluid your hendgam will be, use it at your discretion.
- In a container, mix water and glue, mix well and add the right amount of dye.
- Add sodium tetraborate to the mass and mix well, if the mass seems insufficiently collapsing, add another drop.
- When the mass is well connected, place it in a regular food bag and knead well. Remove the plastic mass from the bag. Your hendgam is ready!
It differs from the usual hendgam only in that it is able to attract itself to the gland. You probably already guessed how to make magnetic smart clay at home by yourself. The secret of its manufacture is not so complicated. It is necessary to prepare a mass on the principle of hendgam, but add finely dispersed magnetic particles to the glue. Now your smart clay will recognize and reach for the metal, as if alive, trying to absorb it completely.
It turns out that the secrets of how to make clay at home on their own, have long been found and are quite simple. They can be a great help to both young parents and people involved in modeling professionally. Everything ingenious is really simple.