Food of a modern person practically does not do without fast food, but many do not trust such restaurants and are looking for ways to prepare similar dishes on their own. The question of how to make french fries at home, takes the minds of food lovers. People want food to bring pleasure to taste buds, but at the same time it would be good for the body. There are several recipes for cooking your own meals: french fries in the oven, multi-cooker, pan or grill. All of them are simple and convenient, and the taste of the vegetable is not inferior to restaurant dishes.
Now many media talk about the dangers of potatoes, which are served in fast-food establishments. This is due to the frequent addition of preservatives that cause serious harm to the human body. However, french fries are a popular and loved by many dish, to the delight of lovers, you can cook it without problems at home. Such a product will contain much less harmful substances, and the taste will be no worse than usual.
To make the dish tasty, you need to follow some rules of its preparation:
- Potatoes suitable for fries should be large and oval in shape. It is better to choose vegetables without eyes, then the dish will turn out beautiful.
- The correct cutting of the tuber is first the formation of plates 1 cm wide, and then their division into bars. Slices of potatoes should come out as equal in size as possible so that they are roasted evenly.
- Potatoes should be peeled, then washed with cold water. This action will help to remove extra starch from the vegetable, which will ensure less crushiness during cooking, the potatoes will be better crunching.
- Vegetables need to be wiped, then they will turn out more roasted.
- Wiping helps to reduce the amount of spatter when the potatoes hit the oil.
- Do not salt the vegetable during frying, then do it to taste.
- To free fries from excess fat, after cooking, put the bars in a colander, blot with a paper towel.
- Choose potato varieties more softly.
- Vegetable oil can be any (sunflower, corn, olive), the main thing is that it is refined and deodorized, then the potatoes will not have extraneous odors.
- Prefabricated better not to use.
- If you didn’t use whole potatoes, you can freeze leftovers for storage.
How to cook french fries at home
To eat a dish from the menu of fast food restaurants made at home, you have to spend some time, but understanding the process and a little dexterity will allow you to finish the job. And having prepared a dish several times, you can make it quickly and clearly. Good helpers in this business will be household appliances and appliances available in the kitchen. Choose the most convenient cooking option for you, then you can enjoy the taste of your favorite dish without harm to health.
- potatoes (medium) - 9 pcs.,
- vegetable oil - 1 l,
- salt - 1 pinch.
- Recipes for the fryer does not require much effort from you. In order to prepare the dish, you need to peel the potatoes, then dry them thoroughly.
- It is necessary to cut the vegetable into strips. This can be done with a regular knife or, to shorten the time, with a special device for cutting potatoes.
- The grid for frying with the product should be lowered into the machine, heated to 150 degrees.
- You need to cook the dish for 3 minutes, then remove it from the fryer. Spread the potatoes in one layer and cool them a little.
- While the vegetable is cooling, the machine must be heated to 180 degrees. When the temperature is reached, put the potatoes back inside, fry until it gets a golden hue, like on fast-food promotional photos.
- Salt still hot dish and serve.
No fryer in the pan
- potatoes - 1 kg,
- vegetable oil - 200 g,
French fries in a pan prepared according to the following instructions:
- Clean the tubers and cut into strips, rinse and soak in cold water for 2 hours. Dry the potatoes before sending them to the pan.
- Heat the pan thoroughly, then pour the vegetable oil into it, which must be heated to the highest temperature.
- Place enough potatoes in the prepared pan so that it can swim there. The cooking process must be monitored all the time. As soon as the bars turn red, remove them, start to fry a new portion.
- Put the finished product in a colander to glass the oil. Sprinkle hot dish with coarse salt and mix.
In the multicooker
You need to cook french fries in a slow cooker using the following ingredients:
- potatoes - 1000 g,
- vegetable oil - 0.7-1 l,
- Tubers clean, cut into cubes, place in cold water and dry.
- Set the "Baking" mode on the multicooker panel, set the timer to 60 minutes. Pour the oil into the bowl, wait until it is heated, but not boiling.
- Dip the potatoes inside and fry for 7-8 minutes with the lid open with occasional stirring. Remove using skimmers.
- Fried vegetables spread out on top of paper towels to remove excess fat. Leave for 10 minutes.
- As long as the potatoes lie, the slow cooker will warm up more. Put the portion back in again, fry for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the finished product from the pan and lay on the towel again. When excess oil is removed, salt it. Can serve on the table.
In the microwave
- potatoes - 2 pcs.,
- vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. l.,
- ground black pepper.
How to make delicious french fries at home in the microwave:
- Peel the tubers and rinse well. Cut the vegetable into medium-sized bars, put on paper towels and wipe slightly, then change the lining to a new one, leave the potatoes to rest for another 3-5 minutes.
- Prepared vegetables, place in a plate, season with vegetable oil, salt and pepper, leave at room temperature for another 10 minutes.
- Place slices of potatoes on a plate so that they do not touch each other. Put the dishes in the microwave. Set the oven to the maximum possible power, cook the dish for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the plate and turn the bars. Again, place the dishes inside the microwave, cook for another 5 minutes. When frying, monitor the condition of the potato so that it does not dry out.
How to fry in aerogrill
- potatoes - 5 pcs.,
- refined olive oil - 2 tbsp. l.,
How to make crispy french fries at home in the convection oven:
- Potatoes must be cleaned and washed, dried with a towel, cut into sharp strips with a sharp knife.
- The resulting bars divide into portions. Mix each of them with salt, sprinkled with oil.
- The resulting seasoned potatoes should be laid out on the middle grill of the convection oven. The cooking temperature should be 260 degrees, the fan speed is high. Cook potatoes for 10 minutes on one side. Then the bars need to be turned over and fried until golden brown.
- Remove the finished potatoes from the grill, brush with oil the second portion, cook it in the same way.
How to cook sauce for french fries
The most popular is the cheese sauce. To make it, take the following ingredients:
- cheese (hard, of any kind) - 100 g,
- butter - 40 g,
- flour - 40 g,
- milk - 0.6 l,
- lemon juice - 1 tbsp. l
- Oil must be melted over low heat. For convenience, cut it into pieces, use a thick-walled pan.
- Add flour, gradually mixing it to the butter with a whisk. Then, stir in, pour in the milk. Do it gradually.
- Add seasoning to the mixture, reduce the heat slightly. Boil the sauce for 10 minutes.
- Season grated cheese with lemon juice, wait until it reaches room temperature, and place in the sauce. Melt the cheese, stirring it constantly.
- Potatoes 1 Kilogram
- Vegetable oil 100 milliliters
- Salt - To taste
In a thick-bottomed saucepan, heat all the vegetable oil. It should boil.
In the meantime, the oil is heated - we cut the peeled and washed potatoes into thin straws. The size is slightly larger than the finished french fries, you probably know how it looks.
Sliced potatoes add salt, let it dry. If there are water droplets on the potato - when you put it in the oil, you will see fireworks. So drain the potatoes well.
When the oil boils - drop our sliced potatoes into it. 3-4 minutes fry - and get out of the pan with a skimmer.
Crisp, but soft inside the french fries is ready - and no fryer is needed. It only remains to wait until the oil is drained from the potatoes, and it can be served with ketchup or another favorite sauce.
What you need to know before cooking french fries
- Young potatoes are not suitable for this dish, as it is too watery. It is best to take a mature potato, and one in which there is little starch. Otherwise, after cooking, it will soften and will not be crispy.
- The number of potatoes can be calculated as follows: one large tuber per person. However, it is better to do a little more, it is unlikely to be redundant.
- Potatoes do not have to be peeled, it depends on your preferences. Only to start the unpeeled potatoes need to be very thoroughly washed with a hard brush.
- Potatoes should be cut into long pieces 0.5–1 cm wide. To do this, you can also use a vegetable cutter or a grater. Try to make the same strips so that the potatoes are cooked evenly.
- Sliced potatoes should be pre-soaked for at least 20 minutes, so that extra starch comes out of it, and then dried, laying out on a paper towel.
- A big role is played by butter, in which potatoes are fried. Choose refined deodorized oil: it will taste better.
How to cook french fries on the stove
The most that neither is real french fries obtained when cooking in deep fat. A special secret of its crisp - in a double roast.
Heat the oil in a deep pan or pan to 160 ° C. Check the temperature with a special thermometer or a white bread ball. Dip the crumb into the pan. If bubbles appear around it, the oil has reached the required temperature.
Put the potatoes in butter in a single layer. If there are too many bars, divide them into several pieces. The oil should completely cover the potatoes. Roast it for about 5 minutes. At this stage, it should soften from the inside, but hardly change the color.
Remove the potatoes with a skimmer and put them on a grid or paper towels folded several times. Leave it for at least half an hour, or better for a few hours, to drain excess fat and potatoes to cool completely.
Heat oil to 180–190 ° C. If you do not have a thermometer at hand, put a piece of potato in the butter. When the desired temperature is reached, the oil around it should sizzle and bubble slightly.
Put the prepared potatoes in one layer and cook until golden brown about 5 minutes. It can be a little longer if you want to get even more crispy pieces. Then dry the potatoes again, as after the first roast.
Salt the french fries after cooking, otherwise it will not crackle. It is better not to wait until it cools, and serve it to the table still warm.
How to cook french fries in the oven
First, in a large bowl, mix the potatoes, a few tablespoons of butter and salt to taste. And if you add some spices, the dish will become even more fragrant.
Put the potatoes on a parchment-laid pan in a single layer. If the pieces lie on top of each other, they will be baked unevenly. Place the baking tray in an oven preheated to 220 ° C for 25 minutes. Then turn the potatoes over and bake for another 10 minutes, until it is covered with a crispy golden crust.
How to cook french fries in a slow cooker
Turn on the multicooker in the "Baking", "Free" or "Multipovar" mode depending on the model. Pour the oil into the bowl. The ratio of potatoes and butter should be 1: 4, otherwise you will get just fried potatoes. After a couple of minutes, when the oil warms up, put the potatoes and cook for 8-10 minutes.
Fried potatoes in a slow cooker are fried twice, as on a stove. After one roast it will certainly be tasty, but it will not be covered with the desired crisp crust. Remove the potatoes, dry, let cool for a while and put in the slow cooker for another 2 minutes.
Salting such potatoes is also necessary after cooking, so that it does not soften.
How to cook french fries in the microwave
Arrange the potatoes on a platter in such a way that the pieces do not touch each other. Sprinkle with a little oil, sprinkle with salt and spices to taste.
Put the potatoes in the microwave at full capacity for 3 minutes, then turn it over and cook another 3-6 minutes until it is covered with a golden crust. Just do not overdry the potatoes, otherwise it will be tough.
- 1 cup flour,
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt,
- 1 teaspoon onion powder or 1 tablespoon chopped onion,
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika,
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper,
- ¼ glasses of water
- 900 g of potatoes
- ½ cup of oil.
Mix flour and spices. Add water and mix well. If the batter turns out too thick, pour in some more water.
Dip the prepared potatoes in batter and put one piece in the heated oil. If you put a handful at once, the bars can stick together. Fry for about 10 minutes until the potatoes soften inside and cover with a crispy golden crust.
Then put the finished potatoes on a paper towel to drain excess fat. Serve hot with your favorite sauce.
A bit of history
Many consider french fries an American dish, but in reality it is not. For the first time such a snack appeared in France, namely in Paris. According to the legend, the creative and talented chef, whose name is unknown, decided to chop the potatoes into thin slices and completely fry them in boiling oil. And this dish was so liked by everyone that became the most popular snack in all street French cafes.
Then the french fries went to England, from where he continued his march through Europe. From there with the emigrants he got to America. And in the USA, crispy potatoes became so popular and popular that it turned into a real culinary cult. And many people call the snack exactly American, although the Americans themselves still call her "French potato" or "French potato."
Is such a dish useful?
Useful to call fries just will not work. First, because of the method of heat treatment, which is considered one of the most harmful. In boiling oil, carcinogenic substances are formed that cause the destruction and premature aging of body tissues, as well as the transformation of healthy cells into cancer cells. And it's good if you use fresh oil for frying.
But in restaurants where the emphasis is not on quality and benefit, but on volume, replacement is rarely done, so the amount of carcinogens can go off-scale. Secondly, in 100 grams of such potatoes about 400 calories, and this is a lot and harmful for the figure.
Use the right ingredients.
From what ingredients you will use to prepare the dish, its taste directly depends, so you will be responsible for the choice responsibly.
There are three main components:
- Directly potatoes. How to choose it? First, it is best to use not very old, because it is more tasty, and it has less starch, so the slices will be whole, quite dense and beautiful. But too young is also not suitable, his taste is different from the required. Secondly, choose oblong tubers to get long slices, like in a restaurant. Third, use only high-quality and fresh potatoes without stains and mold. The variety can be any, but restaurants usually use Russet Bourbon, Santana or Innovator.
- Butter. Use ordinary sunflower oil, but certainly deodorized and refined, otherwise the dish can get an unpleasant smell and an undesirable dark color.
- Salt. It is advisable to use finely ground salt, since large crystals can penetrate into the structure and dissolve unevenly. Natural sea salt will make the dish a little healthier. But the use of iodized is useless, since iodine is almost completely destroyed during heat treatment.
The easiest way to cook fries in a pan. This will require:
- one glass of vegetable oil,
- 7-8 fairly large potatoes
- salt to taste.
- Peel and chop the potatoes.
- Heat oil well in a pan. It should boil.
- Put the first portion of potatoes in boiling oil.
- When the slices become golden (about two to three minutes), remove them with a skimmer.
- Put hot potatoes in a colander to make the butter glass.
- Move the slices to a paper towel or napkin to remove any remaining oil.
- Fry all sliced potatoes.
- Salt the potatoes and serve hot.
Try to cook the famous potatoes in the microwave.
- 5 potatoes
- two or three tablespoons of vegetable oil,
- salt to taste.
- Peel potatoes, cut, dry and pour with vegetable oil. Mix it well and let it sit for 10 minutes to allow the oil to penetrate into the structure.
- Now transfer the slices into a container suitable for a microwave. Between them should be free space.
- Put the potatoes in the microwave for 3-5 minutes (power should be maximum).
- Then turn each slice over and send the dish back to the microwave for three to five minutes.
- Salt the potatoes and serve.
By the way, if you want to cook a dietary french fries, then the slices should not be dipped in butter, but in whipped egg white. The taste will be excellent, and the caloric content will be significantly reduced.
In the oven, the french fries also turn out delicious and, among other things, more useful. Here's what you need:
- five large potatoes
- five tablespoons of vegetable oil,
- salt to taste.
- Peel the potatoes, wash them, dry them and cut them into thin slices.
- Pour the butter into a bowl and put the sliced potatoes in the same place. Mix it well and leave to marinate for about fifteen minutes.
- Cover the baking tray with oil-soaked parchment (it is not necessary to soak, as the oil will drain off the slices).
- Place the pieces on a baking sheet, leaving space between them.
- Send the potatoes to an oven preheated to 230 degrees for about 30-40 minutes.
- Salt the finished dish and serve.
French fries can be made in a slow cooker. This will require:
- 6-8 potatoes
- 700 or 800 ml of oil,
- salt to taste.
- Peel and dry the potatoes and cut them.
- Select Baking or Frying mode.
- Pour oil into the bowl of the multicooker.
- When the oil boils and warms up well, immerse the slices in it.
- Fry the potatoes until cooked, that is, until golden brown.
This recipe assumes a large amount of butter, so if you follow the figure, choose another cooking option.
Some secrets and tricks
Some useful recommendations that will make french fries more tasty and less harmful:
- If you use old potatoes, then after frying it can fall apart due to the high starch content. And to avoid this, after cleaning the tubers can be immersed for an hour or two in cold water. Then you can proceed directly to cooking.
- Cut potatoes as thin as possible. First, then the slices are completely fried. Secondly, preparation will take less time, which means that fewer carcinogens are formed.
- In McDonald’s restaurants, potatoes are cooked in a special way, which makes it crispy, but it retains a light and pleasant texture. And this is achieved through special training. So, at first, the sliced slices are blanched, that is, they are immersed in boiling water for just a few seconds. Then they are fried in oil, but only 3-5 seconds. Then the potato is quickly frozen and distributed to the points. As a result, a crust forms on the surface, which prevents the penetration of oil inside. That is, with the subsequent full frying, the crust becomes even more crispy, and inside the potatoes it seems to be baked.
- Normal sunflower oil can be replaced by any other vegetable. For example, flaxseed or olive will make the dish more fragrant and even useful.
- In order not to dirty the walls in the process of heating the oil, they can be closed with food film.
- So that the potatoes are well roasted, do not regret the oil. It should completely cover all the slices.
- Before immersing potatoes in deep-frying (that is, in boiling oil), wipe it well and dry it, otherwise you will not avoid strong hiss and spatter caused by the ingress of liquid.
- Wait until the oil boils and warms up well. It may take about 10-15 minutes.
- Salt the potatoes just before serving, otherwise it will not be crisp enough.
French fries - a classic recipe in a deep fryer
To greatly simplify the process of cooking the dish under discussion for yourself, it is worth using a fryer. From the products you will need: a lot of odorless vegetable oil, 600 g of potatoes, salt and any aromatic herbs to taste.
- Tubers of potatoes thoroughly washed, cleaned and cut into thin strips. Each slice is required before cooking to fold in a colander and dry with a clean towel so that the drops of liquid do not shoot at the fat.
- The oil is poured into a special device, and its temperature is set to a mark of 160 degrees.
- When the liquid is heated to the specified temperature, it is possible to immerse the potato bars in it, using a special metal mesh. The butter around the potatoes should be actively boiling.
- To prevent the straw from sticking together, it is better to fry in miniature portions.
- The finished dish is laid out on a paper towel and salted.
Selected seasonings are poured exclusively on the finished fried product, otherwise they will begin to burn strongly in the oil and spoil the whole process.
The recipe of cooking in a pan
If the hostess did not have a fryer, then even without such a device it will be easy to cook crispy potato wedges. You will need to use a regular frying pan and you need to prepare: 2 large potatoes, 350 ml of vegetable oil, salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Tubers are washed, peeled and cut into cubes, the width of which is not more than 1 cm.
- Further potatoes are soaked in ice water for several minutes, which will release it from excess starch. Then the slices are dried with a paper napkin.
- In a deep thick-walled frying pan, hot oil is heated. Potatoes are immersed in it. The liquid must completely cover the vegetable.
- Fry a small portion of the dish no more than 12 minutes.
French fries sprinkled with salt, any spicy spices, pepper and served to the table.
Delicious side dish in a slow cooker
It is even easier to cook the dish under discussion using a slow cooker. This will require: 6 potato tubers, salt, 700 ml of high-quality sunflower oil.
- Potatoes are cleaned, cleaned and cut into tiny blocks.
- Slices of vegetable are soaked in salted water for about 20 minutes.
- In the same liquid potatoes boil for about 12 minutes.
- Water is drained, and the vegetable bars are dried on a paper towel.
- In the "Baking" mode, the oil in the multicooker bowl is properly warmed up.
- Potatoes are laid out in boiling liquid and fried until a light golden crust appears.
Served with ketchup or any sauce based on tomato paste.
French fries in the microwave
This recipe for french fries is suitable for those who do not like to mess around in the kitchen for a long time. It only remains to choose a suitable sauce, and a dish (no worse than in a cafe), you can serve for dinner. It is prepared from the following products: 650 g potatoes, 4 tbsp. refined olive oil, fine salt, spicy seasonings.
- After peeling, the potato is cut into thin cubes. Too thick slices will not be well roasted in the microwave.
- Chopped vegetable folds into a shallow container suitable for use in the device under discussion, sprinkled with salt and any selected seasonings. For example, great for treating ground paprika.
- The dish is cooked for 2.5 minutes at maximum power microwave. Then the potato sticks are turned over and the device turns on at the same time.
How to cook in convection oven at home?
Interestingly, for the preparation of homemade french fries are great for almost all devices that facilitate the life of the hostess. This is not only a microwave and a slow cooker, but also a convection oven. Especially enjoy the zealous culinary specialists that the recipe does not require the use of a huge amount of vegetable oil. In addition to 5 potato tubers, 3st will be used. l refined olive oil and a pinch of salt. How to cook french fries in aerogrill, described below.
- Potatoes are cleaned, washed, dried with a towel and cut into long, longitudinal slices.
- The resulting straw is thoroughly mixed with salted olive oil. This should be done immediately before frying. It is best to oil small portions of potatoes, which in the next second will go to the convection oven. Otherwise, the vegetable over time will give the juice in a bowl and wash away the important oil film from the surface of the cubes.
- Potato straws are laid out on the middle grill of the aerogrill.
- Preparing a dish at high fan speed. The temperature should be 260 degrees.
- After 12 minutes, the vegetable bars turn over to the other side and the same amount of time is “roasted” again.
French fries will be a great side dish to any meat dish.
From the finished semi-finished product
Today, in any supermarket it is easy to find a semi-finished product - frozen potato sticks for cooking them in boiling oil. Using this product, your favorite dish will be able to cook in a record short time. For this you need: a package of frozen potatoes, 400 ml of vegetable oil, fine salt to taste.
- The first thing you need to completely defrost the semi-finished product. On the potato bars there should be no moisture, otherwise the oil will begin to sizzle and splash.
- To properly defrost the finished french fries, the package is dipped in warm water for 10-12 minutes.
- Next, the slices of vegetable laid out on a paper towel, so that the latter absorbed all the moisture.
- It remains only to prepare the dish in any convenient way - put it in hot oil in a deep fryer or regular frying pan.
- When the slices become golden from all sides, they are laid out on a paper napkin to remove excess fat and salted.
Especially delicious to eat homemade fries with a variety of spicy sauces.
Surprisingly, even such a fat and high-calorie garnish at first glance may turn out to be quite dietary. In this case, the potatoes need to cook in the oven without adding oil. In addition to 8 pieces of vegetables, there will be used: 2 chicken eggs, 1 tbsp. salt, a pinch of black and red pepper, a large spoon of Italian herbs.
- Tubers are washed, cleaned, cut into cubes, each of which is dried with paper napkins. You can use a special device for chopping potatoes or just a sharp knife.
- Squirrels are well whipped, salted, mixed with seasonings.
- Spicy egg mixture is watered potatoes. After thorough mixing, the bricks are laid out on a baking sheet covered with parchment.
- Preparing a dish in the oven, preheated to 200 degrees for about half an hour.
To avoid sticking, potato slices should not touch each other.
What sauces to serve french fries?
There is a huge amount of sauces that are ideally suited to potatoes fried in hot oil. Creamy, cheese, tomato and many others. Any of them can be cooked at home.
For example, for a cheese-cream sauce, stir fry a handful of flour in butter, then pour it with rich cream, salt and sprinkle with cheese. Together the ingredients are prepared 5-7 minutes until thick.
For tomato sauce, a pair of fresh tomatoes is peeled from the skin, cut into small cubes and stewed over low heat with tomato paste, chopped garlic and any spices.
Spicy garlic sauce is prepared on the basis of sour cream and mayonnaise. These two products are mixed in equal amounts, dressed with granulated garlic, salt and pickled cucumber grated on the smallest grater.
French Fries Recipe
The dish is good because it can be used both as a side dish and as an independent dish with various sauces. Most popular, of course, is ketchup. However, you can use both cheese and garlic sauce.
How to cook french fries at home? The classic recipe for cooking dishes are potatoes, vegetable oil and salt. For 500 g potatoes need a liter of oil, it will be enough to get the pieces got their amazingly golden color and evenly roasted, getting a crisp. When selecting products in the recipe It is important to consider the following:
- Not suitable for cooking new potatoes, as it falls apart. There is information that fast food chains use special potatoes of elite varieties. At home, you can use any potato that is suitable for frying.
- Vegetable oil must be refined and deodorized, always of high quality. Some recipes allow the use of other types of vegetable oil - corn, canola and olive. Note that the dish gets the smell of used oil.
French fries in a pan
Many people are sure that french fries cannot be cooked without a fryer and a lot of butter, but this is not true. If there is a good frying pan, you can cook a dish on it. The main thing is to cut the potatoes in equal pieces of at least 1 cm wide and rinse, then put on a paper towel. You need to pour so much oil into the panso that the potatoes are fried in it evenly. Before you lay in the pan, it is necessary to warm it well. The pan should be deep with a thick bottom, cast-iron or steel.
Homemade french fries in a pan
How to cook french fries at home in a frying pan? To do this, you must perform the following actions:
- Tubers need to take the correct oval shape.
- Cutting potatoes must first be plates with a height of 1 cm, and then each of them must be cut into slices with a width of no more than 1 cm. If french fries are a favorite dish, you should buy a special shredder to simplify the process of cooking.
- After that, slices of potatoes need to soak in cold water, you can even with ice.
- As soon as a large part of the starch comes out of it, the shredded pieces are again washed in running water, then they are laid out on a clean kitchen towel to dry out.
- To make potatoes well cooked inside, you need to fry it in a frying pan at 135 degrees in a large amount of oil for no more than 5-6 minutes. After that, the fire is turned off, but the potatoes remain in the pan until completely cooled. This is the first stage of cooking potatoes.
- For potatoes to get a golden color, the temperature of the vegetable oil should be at least 175 degrees. Lower the slices of potatoes can be as soon as the pan heats up to the desired temperature. Blush it should be within 6-8 minutes. It is not necessary to overcook, because after the pan is turned off, the potatoes will be cooked for some time.
- The final stage - the potatoes are salted and spread it on a paper napkin so that excess vegetable oil is absorbed into it. After you can serve it on the table.
How to make french fries at home
How to cook potatoes free at home? The dish can be prepared at home, and it will be more useful, as stabilizers and flavor enhancers are added to fast food restaurants. Most often, potatoes are cooked in a fryer and in the microwave.
For a microwave oven, potatoes are cooked the same way as for a frying pan - it is washed, left for a while in cold water, then laid out on a towel so that it dries. After that, the potatoes spread on a plate, which is poured with vegetable oil and salt. It is important that the pieces do not touch each other, only so they are evenly baked. Cooking French fries in a microwave oven should be at maximum power in two stages. After the dish is baked in the oven for 4-6 minutes, the pieces will need to be turned over to the other side and put back for the same time.
Fryers are easier to cook in the deep fryer.. The main thing is that the potato is properly prepared and that it should be lowered at the exact moment when the deep-fryer warms up to 170-190 degrees. Usually it takes about 10-15 minutes. Deep-frying should not boil, this means that the vegetable oil is very hot, and this may affect the final result. If the potatoes dipped in butter immediately began to fry, it means that the fryer is heated enough.
During frying, as before, the potatoes can not be salted in any case. This is due to the fact that if you add salt during cooking, the pieces may begin to absorb excess moisture and soften. If you add salt before, it will quickly lose its shape and you will get ordinary fried potatoes. Many people recommend adding animal fat to vegetable oil. This is permissible, but only before the laying of potatoes. Fry potatoes in deep fat should be no more than 5 minutes.