If you are familiar with the concept of "dress-crossing", then you probably want to find out what it is. Translated from English, this phrase translates roughly as "the exchange of dresses." And the essence of this direction lies precisely in this, that is, in the exchange of clothes. In other words, you can exchange any of your things for someone else.
There was such a direction in the UK about ten years ago. There girlfriends and classmates often organized parties and brought with them clothes. They tried on other people's things and could exchange them. Not so long ago, dress-crossing came to Russia and other CIS countries.
How to participate?
There are several options for dress crossing. Here are some of them:
- Specialized events. Today they are held in some cities and collect quite a few participants. You are required to find out when and where the exchange will be made, find out all its rules, sign up (if required) and start searching for suitable things. Participation conditions, characteristics and features of things can be different. So, you may need to pay an entrance fee. Be sure to select clothes, for example, according to season, appearance, and also taking into account size. Most often, the organizers are limited to the most common sizes, that is, from the 42nd to the 48-50th. But in any case, all the clothes exchanged must be in good, perfect or new condition. So the "shreds" are definitely not exchanged. Some organizers assign each item checks and points, which makes participation more than fair. For example, if you bring a very expensive item, you can get a whole lot for it.
- Friendly dress-crossing. If you have many friends, you can invite them to your home and arrange a global fitting and subsequent exchange. The main advantage of this method is that you will know exactly who wore the selected things before you.
- Dress Crossing on the Internet. First, you can simply go to any site with ads and find the category "Exchange". There certainly will be many interesting proposals. Secondly, there are specialized resources, which are exclusively for dress-crossing.
Advantages and disadvantages
The main advantages of dress crossing:
- It is very profitable. If you have to pay for participation in the event, the fee will be symbolic. In this case, you can not just update the wardrobe, and change it completely. This, by the way, can help start a new life.
- You can finally get rid of the things that you are tired of. Many can not give up and especially throw away clothes that are in good condition, but, for example, does not fit the style and size, or just disliked. Dress-crossing allows you to get rid of such things profitable.
- You can update your wardrobe as often as you like.
- You will learn many new and interesting things. Having considered someone else's clothes, you can discover one style or another, fabrics or prints that were previously ignored.
- At such an event you can find friends or just chat and have fun. Some organizers organize master classes on the selection of style and wardrobe or hold tea.
- If you are lucky, you can get absolutely new things.
- You will have the opportunity to become the owner of luxury brand clothing, which in ordinary stores is incredibly expensive.
- It is fascinating. Dress-crossing is associated with some excitement.
- This version of the update wardrobe does not fit disgusting girls. Many of the items to be exchanged were wearing, and some were quite active. And if it confuses you, then you should not overpower yourself. While buying clothes in stores or in the markets, you do not think that someone else tried on it for you, and not just one person.
- There is absolutely no guarantee that something will suit you. The range, of course, is wide, but it is definitely not the same as in large stores. And this means that dress-crossing for you will be unprofitable and useless.
- If you really like some thing, it may simply not fit you in size. And it will upset you greatly.
- Some people think that things keep the energy of their masters. And if you belong to such people, you will surely constantly think about it. But such thoughts can even lead to the fact that you can not wear clothes.
If you have long dreamed of updating your wardrobe, then be sure to take part in dress-crossing!
How did shopping appear, imperceptible to the wallet?
On the territory of the post-Soviet countries, this phenomenon has migrated from Great Britain.
It was on foggy Albion that several girls one evening, gathering for a party, decided to exchange things with each other. Naturally, each of them was extremely dissatisfied with their own wardrobe.
It turned out that things that are sick of one of the hell, cause stormy delight from another.
In the end, all the girls went to have fun in the best mood. Later such events began to organize constantly, and our compatriots brought this original idea to our country.
Of course, modern dress crossing promotions not based on the trust between these British girls. That is why the exchange of things in our country takes place according to predetermined rules.
Dress Crossing: How to participate?
- Having learned that a similar action will take place in your city, carefully choose thingsthat you can exchange for new ones. Make sure that they met the requirements the organizers were clean, ironed, without damage, with all the buttons, working clasps, etc.
- Bring things to where the action will take place, pay a symbolic fee and for each item. get a checkwhich you can exchange for one new thing afterwards.
- Wait for the day when the event will take place, and go update wardrobe!
Rules of "friendly exchange of things"
Things you plan to bring should be seasonal, that is, to exchange the annoying spring jacket or winter scarf for a stunning summer top in July will not work
Every check you can exchange for one thing.
On some promotions of dress-crossing acts points systemwhich are indicated on the check (50 or 100). Top marks are marked branded items that can be exchanged for the same exclusive. For a more massive thing, they will give you a check with a smaller amount of points, which you can exchange for an outfit with the same number of points.
If you could not choose the right things, the remaining cross checks can use during the next promotion.
If you have already chosen a number of things equal to the one you brought, but there are a few things you like, you can buy extra checks. If you didn’t get anything, the fee amount will not be returned to you.
Part of the fees for participation in dress crossing organizers are often spend on charity - Children's home or animal shelter. The same goals are given to things that no one took for several shares.
As a rule, actions for dress-crossing are held in places where all the accompanying entertainment is present in order for it to be real shopping.
So, announcing the next action, the organizers create conditions for pleasant communication, organize tea drinking, as well as master classes and performances of DJs or music groups. There are online versions of such an exchange of thingsBut Sympaty.net believes that to participate in such an event online means to deprive yourself of all the charm of such an interesting and unusual event.
Modern dress-crossing, as you already understood, is not only a way drastically update your wardrobe, but also a chance to usefully get rid of annoying things.
Follow the news on the "profile" sites, join groups in social networks, get ready to participate in the next action in your city and get maximum pleasure and benefit from the new type of shopping. Enjoy the transformation!
For exchange accepted:
- hats, hats,
- home clothes,
- new linen,
- bags, wallets,
- bijouterie, accessories,
- cosmetics, perfume.
‼ Things are accepted only in a VERY GOOD condition:
- Without stains, clues, holes, pills,
-With all the buttons and clasps,
-Wash and ironed,
- looking modern, fashionable and stylish
“Dress Crossing” is an event to update your wardrobe,
and not in order to rid it of unnecessary trash. We do not accept
very simple and faceless things, like an ordinary white T-shirt. Simple
A black T-shirt is most likely not selected, but a bright print T-shirt.
- already our client.💠
❗️Things are dealt on hangers! This is to make all clothes light.
and conveniently browsing hanging on racks, rather than lying and scattered over
the hall. Items to exchange you will also receive complete with hangers.
For each item accepted for exchange, you receive a Cross Check:
1 category: 1 item = 1 Cross check.
The usual good stuff. Dresses, skirts, pants, sweaters, bags, shoes.
2 category: 1 thing = 2 Cross check.
This category includes new and branded items and outerwear.
3 category: 1 thing = 3 Cross check
This category includes exclusive items. It can be like a thing.
an eminent designer and sewn mother on a sewing machine "Seagull".
Their main difference is that they are masterpieces. Looking at them the eye lights up.
Once they saw them you can not forget.
Accessories that are accepted for exchange: hats, belts, jewelry.
1 item = 0.5 Cross Check.
Next, you choose the clothes you like from all the things brought
to the exchange of other participants, as well as those left from previous exchanges
and exchange cross checks for her at the same rate.
If your checks are over, and there are things in the hall that I would like to receive
- You can buy cross-checks:
1 check (clothing category - bags, shoes) 300 rub.
1 check (category of accessories - belts, scarves, bijou) 100 rub.
📍Price of participation 500r
If you bring your girlfriend - 800r for two. The more people the more choices👠👙👗👖👚🎒👛💍
If you have handed over your clothes, but you have not found a suitable thing for yourself,
dont be upset! You will definitely find something next time!
Items handed over to Dress Crossing are non-refundable, but if you understand,
that you cannot do without them, and nobody has exchanged them yet - then it is possible to take them
also in exchange for checks.
If a Thing has participated in Dress Crossing for more than 3 weeks in a row, and has not been
exchanged, the organizers reserve the right to dispose of it in their
discretion - the thing will be given to the poor in boarding school or church.
The essence of the phenomenon and the history of its origin
The phrase "dress-crossing" can literally be translated as "the exchange of dresses." These are events for which women bring bored outfits for the purpose of mutually beneficial exchange.
And it should be things not from the category of second-hand. Dress-crossing is not designed to get rid of unnecessary rubbish, but to be able to clean your wardrobe from what only creates the illusion of a large number of things, but is not in use. Such things are piling up for the following reasons:
- excessive enthusiasm for sales, which are acquired unnecessary and not combined with each other things,
- changes in body volume
- the acquisition of things not of its size in the hope of losing weight / getting better,
- change of style in clothes
- just unsuccessful purchases.
Every girl has such things that occupy a place in the closet for years, which is a pity to throw out or just give to someone. Dress-crossing allows you to get rid of them without pain, and even get new things. This phenomenon originated over half a century ago in the UK, where women of fashion came up with the idea of having parties for “shopping without money”. Then this fashion was adopted by other European countries and the USA. In Russia, such events began to confidently gain popularity only in the last few years.
Dress Crossing Rules
In order to exchange outfits on mutually beneficial terms, event organizers strictly monitor the implementation of a whole set of rules:
- Brought to the exchange of things must be new or in very good condition. For the event they should be carefully prepared - washed and ironed.
- Things must correspond to the season and the size grid approved by the organizers (usually 42-48 sizes, but if desired, you can arrange a separate dress-crossing for participants of plus size).
- For one thing brought, an event participant card is given, which can also be exchanged for only one thing. There are exceptions, when for a very expensive thing organizers can give several cards at once, or they can be purchased for an additional cash payment.
- Clothing must be selected by the organizers. Sometimes it is necessary to send photos of things in advance for prior approval.
- You can return returned clothes only by exchanging for a issued card, if by that time someone else did not have time to pick it up.
Without money for such an event, it will not be possible to go, because an organizational fee must be paid for participation in it. Its size, as a rule, is 200-300 rubles. The fee is not refundable, even if you have not liked any thing. The money raised goes to rent the room and as a reward for the work of the organizers.
However, if you want a new outfit completely free, then you can arrange a dress-crossing-party in a narrow circle of friends at someone's home.
Who is suitable for dress-crossing
Attending dress crossing activities can be a great solution for the following categories of women:
- Those who want to save money. Dress-crossing allows at least every month to completely change the wardrobe without financial investments, not counting the symbolic organizational fee. At the same time, a large amount of funds is released, which can be used for self-development, travel or gifts to your loved ones.
- Minimalists. If you do not want to litter your living space with a large number of things, this is no reason to walk in the same clothes for years. With the help of dress-crossing, you can regularly update your wardrobe without expanding it.
- Concerned about environmental issues. The culture of unconscious consumption, including clothing, causes an irreversible blow to the ecosystem of our planet. The landfills are filled with far from worn clothing, millions of hectares of land are occupied by the cultivation of GMO cotton, and a huge number of people from third world countries sew clothes in conditions incompatible with healthy working conditions. Replacing the constant purchase of new things for their exchange will make a significant contribution to solving these problems.
- Women without friends. Often, young mothers lose their former social circle during the years of maternity leave. Moving to another city or changing jobs is also the reason why old friends move away, and it is not so easy to start new ones as adults. A trip to such an event will help to acquire not only new clothes for your wardrobe, but also new acquaintances.
- Aspiring to change the image. Changing the style of clothing can take many years, as not all can afford to update the entire wardrobe at once. But this can be done free of charge by visiting dress-crossing events several times. In addition, free workshops are often held there to create their own style, where you can get useful knowledge.
In addition to all the benefits listed, dress-crossing is simply a fun activity with a bit of excitement. But for some women it may still not be suitable. So, this is not the best option for:
- Too squeamish ladies who can not wear a thing that has already been in the sock.
- Women who are confident that all things retain the energy of their masters.
- Women with non-standard figure.
All the others will surely receive only positive impressions from dress-crossing, so they can safely go towards a new wardrobe. Even if you live in a small town where such events are not held, you can always arrange a home party for the exchange of clothes together with their friends.