So, the top 5 types of greens with numerous useful properties:
- The most useful greens are well-known parsley. If you regularly eat it fresh, you will definitely get the daily rate of ascorbic acid, which in this product contains four times more than in lemon. Vitamin C helps to strengthen the blood vessels and increases the body's resistance to attacks of pathogenic microorganisms. Also found in the composition are vitamins of group B, which take part in most metabolic processes and reactions, normalize the functioning of the nervous system. Potassium helps to strengthen the heart muscle, magnesium relieves stress, and iron helps maintain the desired level of hemoglobin. Also parsley allows you to control blood sugar levels and has an antioxidant effect: it slows down the aging process of tissues and prevents cell mutation.
- Very useful for any human body and dill, which contains beta-carotene, phosphorus, calcium salts, iron, potassium, folic acid and other B vitamins, as well as PP and C. Regular use of such aromatic and popular herbs that are easy to grow in your garden, will help preserve visual acuity, reduce the risks of developing iron deficiency anemia, normalize blood pressure, reduce the fragility of the vascular walls, eliminate swelling, improve appetite and ensure timely digestion of food, as well as clear To be an organism from toxins and slags. And this is an effective natural anti-inflammatory agent.
- Spinach. Although many of these greens are taken lightly or even with disdain, it is incredibly useful because it contains iron salts, protein, iodine, vitamins A, PP, C, D2 and group B. This product is useful for the thyroid gland, normalizes the contractile activity of the heart muscle myocardium, increases stress resistance and eliminates the negative effects of stress, provides nutrition and normal functioning of muscle fibers, and also restores the structure of bone tissue.
- Basil is not only a fragrant seasoning for various dishes, but also very useful greens that you definitely need to include in your diet. This product is able to stop bleeding and heal wounds, clean all important systems of the body. Basil has a powerful bactericidal effect and helps to destroy most pathogens, as well as strengthen the protective barrier and provide resistance to attacks of bacteria, viruses and fungi. This green has pronounced anti-inflammatory properties and eliminates bad breath, if you chew a few leaves.
- Regularly use mint, which can be added to tea or used to decorate desserts. This green with a stunning aroma and refreshing taste enhances brain activity, refreshes breathing, helps relieve inflammation, has a mild sedative effect and improves sleep, eliminates vasospasm and expands them, relieves pain, and also helps fight pathogens due to the antiseptic effect.
How to eat greens to get the most benefit?
In order for the greens to be as useful as possible, and all the substances contained in it are preserved and fully assimilated by the body, you need to follow a few simple rules:
- No need to chop the greens. It is better not to chop it, but to cut or tear it with your hands so that the constituent essential oils and other substances do not evaporate, but enter the body.
- You should not eat greens on an empty stomach, as almost all of its species stimulate the production of gastric juice, which can irritate the mucous membranes of the digestive system.
- It is best to eat fresh greens, as at high temperatures some useful substances are destroyed and lose their properties. You can add it to salads and ready meals. And if the recipe involves the introduction of greens in the cooking process, then carry it out at the very end or even after the completion of heat treatment.
- Responsibly approach the choice of greenery. Ideally, grow it yourself in the garden or in pots on the windowsill. If this is not possible, purchase the product in large stores and trust proven manufacturers with an impeccable reputation.
Now you know what greens to use to improve and maintain health.
What is useful to eat
And yet we will try to understand, from the variety of products given to us by nature, plus everything that we have learned to produce, what to prefer in our diet for health? It is important to know these points at least theoretically.
I will try to build a rating of products based solely on my knowledge of nutrition, using the experience of long-livers, nutritionists, vegetarians, who are close in spirit to Ayurveda and, of course, not discarding the opinion of official medicine. All in descending order of utility.
So first place Unconditionally both official dietetics and unconventional removes freshvegetables and greens: carrots, beets, zucchini, all kinds of cabbage (high dose of vitamins C, calcium, antioxidants), garlic, onion, sweet and bitter pepper, tomatoes, especially yellow and orange color (as a source of lutein and lycopene - a fighter with some types of cancerous cells), Jerusalem artichoke (inulin) melons (pumpkin, melons, watermelons) and so on - the leaders of this line.
So Marva Ohanian is a doctor, a naturopath, a biologist recommends to arrange tomato diets of one day and there are only these fruits that are better than orange or yellow. In addition, we already know that even heat-treated tomatoes are useful.
Here we place all greens on Olympus: basil, spinach, parsley, cilantro, rucola, dill. The abundance of vitamins, chlorophyll, a source of trace elements, fiber - makes greens desirable on our table. So you can eat greens indefinitely! It is a pity that you don’t eat much, yet we are not cows and our digestion is a little different.
Boiled vegetables are also useful, but less so, it is very important to cook them properly. The best way is roasting in the oven. Fried vegetables, just what we love - lose their favor. You can not fry in vegetable oil, it is better to use animal fat (lard, butter, melted butter) to prevent the release of carcinogens during frying.
All vegetable gifts of nature of green color are super useful:
- In them a storehouse of vitamins,
- A lot of chlorophyll is the green blood of plants, the magic healer and the source of life for people.
- Live structured water.
- Low calorie,
- Lack of sugars, harmful salts,
- Easy digestibility.
All this is living food, giving us the energy of the earth and the sun. Salads, juices from vegetables, smoothies, fresh juices - super healthy food, the way to health, strength, beauty and longevity!
In the second place we place fresh fruits and berries, only the presence of sugars lowers them a little bit lower than vegetables and greens. Fruits grown in the area where a person lives: apples are better than green (source of pectin, vitamins, iron), plums, pears, apricots (potassium), peaches, medlar (iodine), persimmon, citrus fruits (as a source of vitamins C), especially lemon (like alkalizing organism).
The Transcarpathian long-liver, who lived for 104 years, Andriy Voron, places a special place for apples and pears in the wild, wild animals, and not for those that were bred during breeding.
Here we will place the berries on the second place of honor, all without exception: currants, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, mulberries, especially field and forest. The berries are northern, environmentally friendly: blueberries, lingonberries, cloudberries are a super source of health, do not cause allergies. Dark grapes as a source of antioxidants, flavonoids. All the same sugar in the berries slightly spoils the picture of goodness. But if you do not sort out with them, in moderation, fruits and berries along with vegetables are leaders in our diet.
What is good to drink
Pure spring water, that’s just where to find such, melt water from the freezer is available to everyone, green tea, sour-milk products - yogurt, natural kvass, fruit juice, juices, natural freshly squeezed, but only diluted by half with water (in natural pure shock dose of vitamins and sugars, which is harmful to health).
Coffee in moderation, already talked about it, no more than 350 -500 grams per day, contrary to attacks, is still more useful product than harmful, confirmed by numerous studies.
Sometimes it is acceptable during lunch red wine 100-150 ml., Unless, of course, you are not sober in its pure form. Official medicine has recognized the fact that the beneficial effect of red wine on human health (and perhaps lobbyists - wine magnates pushed through). All other alcoholic beverages, including beer, are harmful to health.
So now you know what products are most useful on our table.
I wish you had healthy food on your table, and let it give you pleasure. Be healthy.