If you want to get really tasty jam, then it will be useful for you to learn some features of its preparation. First, you need to select good berries. They must be ripe, not rotten and not spoiled.
Secondly, the fruit should be prepared, namely, thoroughly washed, freed from the remaining insects and remove the leaves, twigs and peduncles. There should be only fruit, then the consistency of the jam will be gentle and uniform.
Thirdly, take the capacity suitable for cooking. It can be a saucepan or a basin, and it is best to take stainless steel: this material does not oxidize when it comes into contact with the berries and does not react with them. In the enamelled container, jam can also be boiled, but due to thermal exposure the coating may crack, and as a result, the contents will start to burn.
This is a classic recipe, and for cooking you will need:
- pounds of sea buckthorn fruit,
- 1300 g of granulated sugar.
The process is extremely simple:
- Pick berries, rinse well and leave for a while in a colander to drain water.
- Next, take the pan or basin, in which you plan to cook the jam, and pour all the fruit into the container with the sugar. Leave the mixture for 6-7 hours or overnight.
- Next, the composition is cooked on low heat with constant regular stirring until the acquisition of a thick consistency. Good jam does not spread over the surface of the plate, but it also has transparency.
- It remains to roll up your ready-made freshly boiled jam in sterilized jars.
This jam can be safely called "five minutes", as it is cooked really quickly. And for cooking you need this:
- 1 kilogram of sea buckthorn fruit,
- 1.2 kilograms of granulated sugar
- 300 ml of water.
- Prepare the sea buckthorn properly: remove the bad berries, tear off the stalk, wash all the fruit in running water.
- In a saucepan, boil all the water.
- Pour the sea buckthorn fruit in boiling water, boil for 5 minutes after re-boiling.
- Then filter the mixture: pour the berry broth back into the pan again, and put the sea buckthorn itself.
- Bring water to a boil again, add sugar to it and wait for it to dissolve completely.
- Now put sea buckthorn into the boiling syrup, boil everything together for five minutes.
- It remains to pack the jars in jars (sterilized necessarily) and roll them up for the winter.
If you want to make tender and bright seedless jam, then use this recipe. The list of necessary components will be as follows:
- two kilograms of sea buckthorn berries,
- sugar (the amount you determine in the cooking process).
- Berries need to sort and rinse thoroughly. Then you should extract the juice from them, and this can be done in two ways. The first is to grind the fruit through a sieve, but it requires effort and patience. The second option is to use a juicer.
- Next, in the resulting juice, add sugar at the rate of 150 grams for every hundred milliliters of liquid.
- Pour the sweet juice into the container and start boiling it. The duration of heat treatment depends on the desired thickness of the finished jam: the longer it is boiled down, the thicker it turns out.
- Ready hot jam is poured into cans and rolled. And some can be left on trial to enjoy immediately.
If you have a little time, and you want to enjoy bright, fragrant and delicious jam as soon as possible, use the method without cooking. And for the preparation will need:
- kilogram of ripe sea buckthorn,
- at least one and a half kilograms of sugar (it is a natural preservative, so there is no need to spare sugar in this recipe, it will extend the shelf life).
- Berries need to be very thoroughly rinsed, so that no debris remains (it will lead to premature deterioration). The water should be hot and the washing procedure should preferably be repeated several times.
- Now you can go two ways. The first is to grind fruits with sugar through a sieve or with a pestle. The second is to combine the components and grind in a blender or food processor.
- Next, move the finished fresh jam in jars and close them. But such a delicacy due to the lack of heat treatment will not be stored for a long time. If you send containers to the refrigerator, they will stay there until the cold season or even the whole winter, that is, a maximum of six months.
Tip! Instead of fresh berries, you can also use frozen ones, which, by the way, may slightly increase the shelf life.
With this method you will get a healthy and effective homemade tasty remedy for colds. And the whole thing in the secret component, which is in the composition. So, the list of products:
- kilogram of fresh ripe sea buckthorn,
- 1.3 kilograms of sugar
- 300-350 ml of water
- 50 grams of fresh ginger root.
- The process begins with the preparation of syrup. Water is combined with sugar, and this mixture is cooked in a saucepan to a fairly thick consistency.
- In the boiling syrup, pour the previously recruited and thoroughly washed berries. It also adds ginger root, which you need to grate on a fine grater. Boil the mixture for ten to fifteen minutes, then remove from the heat, cool and leave for a couple of hours.
- Put the container back on fire, bring the contents to a boil and boil for about twenty to thirty minutes.
- Done, will roll the jam on the banks and send for storage.
Finally, useful tips for beginners and already experienced hostesses:
- Sea buckthorn can be combined with various other components, such as berries, nuts, zucchini, lemons, pumpkin. Do not be afraid to decide on culinary experiments.
- A variety of spices complement the aromatic and taste properties: cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, coriander.
- The longer you cook the jam, the thicker it turns out.
Sea buckthorn jam is not only very tasty, but also an incredibly healthy delicacy. And now you can cook it in different ways.
Especially recommended to include in the diet of this treat in the cold season. This is both prevention and treatment in case of illness. A few spoons of jam for tea is enough - and the supply of nutrients is replenished.
The beneficial properties of sea buckthorn jam are due to the vitamins and other elements contained in the berries.
- Vitamin C . Has an antibacterial effect, fights against colds.
- Provitamin A. Positive effect on the work of view. And also on the condition of the skin and mucous membranes, reproductive function, which is especially important for women.
- Vitamins of group B. Necessary for the growth and development of various organs and systems. Improve the condition of the blood. Positively affect the reproductive, endocrine, immune systems.
- Vitamin R. This is a common name for a variety of flavonoids. Together with vitamin C, they have a beneficial effect on blood vessels.
- Vitamin K Required for protein synthesis, metabolic processes, kidney work.
- Vitamin E. Positive effect on reproductive function. It is an immunomodulator.
- Potassium. Useful for the heart, kidneys, brain.
- Magnesium. It is necessary for the work of muscles, nervous system, metabolic processes.
- Calcium. Needed for muscle and bone tissue, hormone production.
Indications and Contraindications
Sea buckthorn and the products made from it are useful both fortifying agents and as a medicine. Sea buckthorn jam has a beneficial effect on various body systems. It helps with a variety of conditions and diseases.
- Vessels. Reduces cholesterol due to unsaturated fatty acids. Thus it serves to prevent atherosclerosis. Normalizes pressure.
- Digestive system. Clears the intestines, improving its peristalsis. Restores the beneficial microflora, as well as liver cells.
- Immunity. Strengthens it, first of all, thanks to vitamin C.
- Diseases of the oral cavity. Stomatitis and inflammation disappear faster when using sea buckthorn jam.
- Colds . Thanks to its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory effect, it accelerates healing.
In diseases of the stomach, gallbladder, pancreas, duodenum, sea buckthorn seeds can be irritating. In the case of such illnesses, consult a physician. Perhaps this will be a contraindication to the use of jam.
Preparation of raw materials: 5 tips
In order to make sea buckthorn jam at home as useful as possible, it is necessary to properly prepare the berry itself. Collecting it is not so easy. There are five tricks here.
- Collection time. Orange berries are in the middle of summer, but do not rush to take up the basket. Sea buckthorn will find true ripeness by autumn. In the warmest regions, it may be August, but usually September-October.
- Sweetness . It is best to collect sea buckthorn after the first light frosts. Then rather sour berries will become sweeter.
- Caution. When the berries are filled with juice, they are easy to damage. Therefore, you need to be as careful as possible, otherwise the useful juice will flow out. It is necessary to take care of your hands and face - the buckthorn bushes have sharp thorns.
- The way with the twigs. With the help of a knife or pliers, cut off small branches, abundantly studded with berries. At home you can gently cut the berries over the cup or cut them with scissors. Another option is to freeze the branches, then the fruits can be collected without damaging.
- Devices for collecting. Craftsmen came up with different products that facilitate the collection. Someone takes the usual fork, removing one prong in the middle. And through this hole passes branches on the tree. There is another option. A long-sided wire loop is attached to the stick, its top is a sharp angle, like a candle flame. The loop is put on the branch. The collector pulls on the branch, the berries fall. Below you need to lay a cloth or polyethylene.
Features The easiest recipe for sea buckthorn jam. Pros - easy to prepare. Cons - bones, which are found in the sweet mass. According to reviews, not everyone loves them, although they are also useful. But people with gastritis and other diseases of the digestive system cannot be swallowed.
- Rinse berries, remove garbage, leaves.
- Put in a cup, cover with sugar.
- Let stand for a couple of hours, you can more.
- Berry capacity put on fire.
- Stir the mass, slightly kneading the berries.
- Boil for about ten minutes until thick.
- Similarly, you can make this workpiece in a multi-cooker, use the "Cooking" mode.
- Cool, lay on the banks, close, put in a cold place.
Features Traditionally, all five-minute jams are aimed at preserving nutrients that are destroyed during long cooking. There is such a five-minute and sea buckthorn. It is prepared a little more difficult, but it turns out very tasty and healthy.
- 2 kg of sea buckthorn,
- 2.3 kg of sugar
- 500 ml of water.
- Prepare the berries, washing and sorting.
- Cook sugar syrup.
- In the syrup, taken from the heat, place the sea buckthorn and leave it for two or three hours.
- When the mass has cooled, put it back on fire.
- Boil without boiling for five minutes.
- Pour hot on the banks.
- Screw in sterilized caps.
Features You can cook and sea buckthorn jam for the winter without cooking. This will be the most useful option. However, a large amount of sugar is needed as a preservative. As well as proper storage.
- Prepared berries dry and put in a container for cooking.
- Add sugar.
- Wooden crush well crushed mass.
- Let stand until sugar is dissolved.
- Once again, walk around the talker.
- Spread out on clean banks.
- Put in the fridge.
Features In this recipe, only one pluses. Firstly, there are no pits, so jam can be used for diseases of the stomach, gallbladder, pancreatitis. Secondly, there is less sugar. So, the product can be eaten by those who fear excess weight. As well as for patients with diabetes, for which the sea buckthorn is very useful, but too sweet jam can hurt.
- Cooked berries need to dry.
- Make mashed pitted (you can use a juicer).
- Combine pressed mashed potatoes and sugar, stir.
- Boil until sugar is completely melted.
- Pour into sterilized jars, roll up, put away in the cold.
Features The combination of orange berries and all your favorite apples has long been known. In Soviet times even apple-sea buckthorn juice was sold with a pleasant taste and great benefit. Jam can also be made from these products.
- 1 kg of sea buckthorn,
- 1 kg of apples, better not sour and not too crumbly,
- 1.5 kg of sugar.
- Prepared sea buckthorn should be mashed and rubbed.
- Pour sugar, stir.
- Apples need to be peeled, cut into slices.
- Fold the apples into the pan, add half a glass of water and boil for ten minutes.
- Grind with a blender or meat grinder.
- Connect the sea buckthorn and apple parts.
- Together boil a couple of minutes.
- Arrange the banks, close, store in the refrigerator.
With honey and nuts
Features This recipe is a real cough medicine, inflammations in the oral cavity, and sore throats. The beneficial properties of sea buckthorn are complemented by the healing effects of honey. Nuts, rich in nutrients, will serve to strengthen the immune system and restore the body in case of illness.
- 1 kg of sea buckthorn,
- a glass of peeled walnuts,
- 600 grams of sugar
- a glass of honey.
- Add half a glass of water to prepared berries.
- Heat five minutes (do not boil).
- Wipe to separate bones.
- Add sugar and leave the dish for half an hour to dissolve.
- Cut the nuts with a knife is not too small (you can grind in a blender).
- Pour the nuts into the sea buckthorn mass and bring to a boil.
- Boil a few minutes and turn off the gas.
- Five minutes later add honey, stir it completely.
- Pour into sterile jars, screw.
Knowing how to make sea buckthorn jam, you can use this template to diversify your menu. But the most important thing is to replenish the diet with vitamins and nutrients. This will be a good prevention from many diseases. In the case of a disease, jam from the sea-buckthorn berries will speed recovery.
Classic sea buckthorn jam for the winter
Simple old recipe, not changing over time. Berry for harvesting is used both ripe and slightly unripe.
- sea buckthorn - 1000 g,
- sugar - 1200 g
- Wash, perebrannuyu, dried berry for 6 hours kept in the cold with sugar, to stand out juice. Water in the jam is not added.
- Sea buckthorn is poured into the cooking container.
- Cook until softened over low heat.
- Periodically clean the foam.
- Hot jam packed in sterile jars.
- Sealed with tin or euro caps.
The output of ready-made jam: 4 cans 0.5 l + 1 can 0.33 l. Store classic sea buckthorn jam in the pantry, basement.
Raw jam cold way
The option allows you to keep the maximum healing qualities of the berries. Jam is made without water, skipping the heat treatment stage.
- sea buckthorn - 1000 g,
- sugar - 1300 g
- The washed, sorted, dry berry is crushed by any available method - a blender, through a meat grinder, fray in a mortar.
- Fall asleep with sugar.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Packed in sterile jars at the rate of 5 cans of 0.5 l with nylon covers.
Store raw sea buckthorn jam only in the refrigerator. The term of the product is 3–6 months.
Just make raw jam from whole sea buckthorn berries. A jar of dry berries fills the jars, generously sprinkling with sugar. In order to prevent fermentation, the containers are filled with fruit by a third. The top layer - up to the neck - will be sugar. With this version of the workpiece sea buckthorn is stored in the refrigerator for up to a year.
With all its beneficial properties, sea buckthorn blanks for the winter have relative contraindications for children, pregnant and lactating women, people with certain diseases of the digestive system. Mainly due to the presence of hard bones in the finished product, which impede the process of digesting food. In such cases it is better to cook sea buckthorn jam, leaving only the pulp of the berries.
- sea buckthorn - 1000 g,
- sugar - 800 g
- Berry washed, sorted, cleaned of debris. Drain.
- With the help of juicers make juice. If there is no desired device, sea buckthorn is ground in a meat grinder.
- Next, separate the pulp from the bones through a colander.
- Pour sugar into pure berry juice per 100 ml of liquid 150 g. Stir.
- Jam is heated to 95 degrees on a medium flame.
- Maintain at a given temperature for two minutes. It is not necessary to bring to a boil.
- The readiness of the product is indicated by the absence of sugar crystals.
- Ready sea-buckthorn seedless jam is packed in sterilized jars.
- Sealed with tin or euro caps.
Output 4 cans of 0.33 liters.
It is necessary to store such winter preparation only in a cold basement or in the refrigerator. Consume within 8 months.
With the addition of apples
Uncomplicated preparation for the winter. The combination of sea buckthorn and apples gives the texture of jam tenderness. На вкус оно получается мягким, не приторно сладким.
- облепиха – 1000 г,
- кислые яблоки – 1000 г,
- сахар – 1500 г.
- Мытую, перебранную, обсушенную облепиху протирают через дуршлаг, отделяя мякоть от косточек.
- В ягодное пюре всыпают сахар. Перемешивают.
- Apples wash, peel, remove the core.
- Cut arbitrarily.
- Pieces of fruit poured into the cauldron, add 5-6 st. l water.
- Boil until soft about 15 minutes.
- Apples are pursed with a blender or fray through a mesh colander.
- Berry and fruit puree poured into the pan.
- Put on medium heat.
- As soon as the mass boils, the formed foam is removed from the surface.
- After a minute, remove the pan from the stove.
Hot jam is immediately poured into cans of 5 pieces of 0.5 liters + 1 can of 0.33 liters. Rolled up. Store in the pantry with the rest of the preservation.
Useful tips and cooking details
What you need to know to seabuckthorn jam was perfect to taste and not rove? Remember the general rules is simple:
- The proportions of berries and sugar in recipes can not be changed.
- For preparations for the winter using only ripe sea buckthorn with bright orange peel.
- Berries must be whole, dense, of the same size, without rot, damage.
- Sea buckthorn jam can not be cooked longer than 20 minutes.
- Variations of sea buckthorn jam are many. For example, the berry goes well with walnuts. On average, 1 kg of sea buckthorn takes 200 g of nut kernels and 1500 g of sugar. Jam has a rich taste, has a high nutritional value.
- In order to make sea buckthorn jam a delicate citrus aroma and a slight bitterness in taste, you can add orange peel to it. 1000 g of berries only 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- With hypertension, for the prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis, other diseases of the cardiovascular system, it is recommended to use sea buckthorn and hawthorn jam. On 1 kg of berries on 600 g of sugar and a hawthorn.
- If the sea buckthorn is small, but I want to close more jam for the winter, zucchini will come to the rescue. The total amount of billet will increase, but the taste will remain unchanged, since zucchini has a neutral taste.
- The final tip. If after some time the jam in the jars will split, you should not be afraid. The separation into fractions of sweet seabuckthorn blanks is normal. It does not affect the taste, medicinal qualities of the product.
The classic recipe for sea buckthorn jam for the winter
This recipe for sea buckthorn jam does not require the use of additional ingredients or labor costs. Everything is extremely simple, the product consists of only two components, without which it is impossible to cook a sweet sea buckthorn delicacy: the berries themselves and sugar. Such sea buckthorn jam will warm in winter and remind you of warm summer days.
For the preparation of flavored sea buckthorn jam with amazing taste you will need the following ingredients:
- Sea buckthorn berries - 1 kg,
- sugar - 1 kg.
You can use not a kilogram of sugar and berries, but a different amount of ingredients to get more or less volume of the finished product. The main thing is to be proportioned 1: 1.
Step-by-step recipe for sea buckthorn jam with a photo consists of such actions.
- Fill the berries with sugar. To sea buckthorn has released more juice, it is recommended to stumble in several places with a fork. Leave the berries with sugar for 5 hours or overnight. This time is enough to form a juice.
- Put the dishes on the stove and turn on the slow fire, start cooking sea buckthorn jam. It is enough to keep it on fire for about 3 minutes after boiling. Do not try to cook sea buckthorn jam for too long, otherwise it will become less useful.
- Pour hot sea buckthorn jam over sterilized jars and roll up with metal lids.
Sea buckthorn jam is ready. Now it remains only to wait for the winter to try the sweet treat.
A simple recipe for sea buckthorn jam for the winter
For the preparation of sea buckthorn jam, it is advisable to pick berries immediately after the first frost, since it is during this period that there is no bitterness in them. Also, experienced chefs recommends blanching sea buckthorn, even if this point is not specified in the recipe. But do not stand too long to keep the berry in boiling water, just a couple of minutes.
Recipe for sea buckthorn jam
Even if sea buckthorn jam is a favorite delicacy, not every hostess will like the presence of stones in it. To avoid such inconvenience is quite real. Of course, it is impossible to get a bone from each berry, but a juicer will come to the rescue, which will make it possible to get sea buckthorn juice by removing too much.
Recipes for sea buckthorn jam
Today, sea buckthorn jam is considered a real wonder, which rarely appears on the table of modern housewives. Despite this, homemade product can not be compared with store sweets. Such a delicacy not only makes tea drinking pleasant, but can also be used as a medicine, as it can prevent some illnesses. Thanks to a balanced vitamin composition, sea buckthorn jam helps the body to successfully cope with colds. And in its flavor, some people manage to feel pineapple notes.
Video recipes will help prepare sea buckthorn jam.
Useful properties of sea buckthorn
This sunny yellow berry, though not an exotic plant, for some reason has not been widely used in cooking because of its tart sweet-sour taste. Rather, it is a curiosity that is not often seen in the markets. But the healing properties of these astringent fruits are very interesting.
What is useful sea buckthorn?
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Heals wounds, burns.
- Normalizes metabolic processes.
- Prevents the development of diseases of the digestive tract.
- Strengthens blood vessels.
- Seeds have a mild laxative effect on the intestines.
In addition, golden sea buckthorn berries contain vitamins of group B, bioflavonoids, ascorbic acid, tocopherol, which makes it an indispensable helper in viral diseases and colds. Beautiful juicy fruits can be eaten raw, make sauces for meat, mousses, add to sweets, make jams, jellies and other dishes.
The benefits of sea buckthorn jam
Undoubtedly, fresh berries are much more useful, but even in the form of jam, sea buckthorn helps to cope with many diseases.
- Sea buckthorn jam, especially with the addition of other berries, citrus, will help you to get up quickly with a cold, and with regular use of flu during the season, you can even prevent the disease.
- Often, the ground fruits with sugar are recommended to be consumed while undergoing radiation and chemotherapy.
- You can relieve a sore throat with thick sea buckthorn jam with honey.
- A few spoons of tasty delicacy before bedtime will calm the nervous system and help you fall asleep.
- A jar of confiture that has survived until spring will be an excellent tool for the prevention of beriberi.
Do not lose sight of the good mood, which appears at the mere sight of the amber, sparkling in the sun, a jar of fragrant sweetness.
Harm of sea buckthorn jam
This beautiful berry, used even in its raw form, even in jam, by itself has almost no contraindications. It is necessary to refrain from its use only to people with such pathologies:
- inflammatory processes in the intestines,
- tendency to allergic reactions.
Otherwise, restrictions on the use of jam imposes a large amount of sugar, which is important to consider for people with diabetes, children, people who are prone to fullness.
In addition, the benefits and harms of the finished product, of course, determined by other components that make up its composition.
The first recipe: the classic recipe for sea buckthorn jam
Despite the fact that the recipe is classic, the proportions of the ingredients will still have to pick their own. First, sea buckthorn varieties are quite a few - from very sour to sweet. Secondly, someone prefers jam more sour, others serve sugary-sweet. Therefore, adjust the amount of ingredients to suit your taste, but in the classic recipe it is supposed to take about 1.3 kg of beet sugar per kilogram of berries.
How to make sea buckthorn jam?
- We touch the berries, removing the spoiled. We throw away the branches, accidentally fell leaves, bugs, spiders.
- Select raw materials and wash them in a sieve or colander to glass the remaining liquid.
- Sprinkle dry sunny fruits in an enamel bowl or basin and pour sugar. We leave to let the juice of the clock at 5-6, and in the meantime we go to sterilize the banks.
- Candied sea buckthorn in the resulting syrup set on the stove and boil on low heat until the liquid thickens. So that the sugar does not burn, if the berries were dry, you can pour in some water.
- Pour ready amber jam into clean jars, let them cool, remove to a dark cool place.
Recipe two: sea buckthorn, ground with sugar
In this recipe, we do not have to cook anything. Such sea buckthorn will retain maximum useful properties precisely due to the absence of heat treatment. You will need to rinse the fruit thoroughly before cooking and add a little more sugar. One does not have to expect that the finished product will be stored until spring, but it will definitely live until the cold season (December-January).
Per kilogram of berries, take 1.5 kg of sugar. We don't need anything else.
- My sea buckthorn in warm water, we sort out. Water is drained several times. The less trash and spoiled fruits remain, the longer the jam will last.
- Dry the berries on a towel or just wait for the water to drain through the sieve.
- In an enamel pot we pour sea buckthorn with sugar and grind it with a wooden pestle.
- Put the crushed candied berries on the banks, add the syrup remaining on the bottom of the dish and roll it up.
Similarly, you can cook liquid jam without pits from sea buckthorn juice. Pass the fruit through the juicer, and boil the juice with sugar until completely dissolved and pour into jars.
Third recipe: sea buckthorn jam with apples
The jam made according to this recipe has a bigger yield and the taste is less tart. Such a product will be a little thicker than usual, and its color is not so sunny, but for those that like sea buckthorn not too much, this is a great way to make friends with it.
- Prepare the sea buckthorn by washing, sifting, drying the juicy berries.
- Pour the dried fruit in a sieve and wipe to obtain a homogeneous mass.
- Pour the fragrant gruel with sugar. Per kilogram of finished mashed potatoes it will need approximately 0.6 kg.
- Choose to jam sweet and sour apples. Peel them, peel, cut them into small pieces, cut them into small pieces and pour them into enameled dishes.
- Add water to the apples and let them boil. Boil for up to a quarter of an hour until they soften.
- When the apples have melted, wipe them through a sieve, as previously sea buckthorn. In 1 kg of sea buckthorn puree you will need up to 0.4 kg of apple.
- Mix the ingredients and heat the mixture, not boiling.
- Immediately place the sea buckthorn and apple puree in jars, cork, pasteurize in boiling water and leave to cool.
Recipe Four: Sea buckthorn jam with walnuts
In the fall, walnuts are a waste product. It is in vain! Young kernels are rich in vitamins, nourishing and perfectly combined with various jams. For our, sea buckthorn, take:
- a kilo of berries,
- 200 grams of peeled young nuts,
- up to one and a half kilograms of sugar.
- Prepare the syrup by dissolving the sugar in a pair of glasses of water.
- Chop nuts. Rinse the berries, sort them and either leave them whole or wipe them in a mortar.
- Boil the nuts in the sweet syrup for half an hour and add the sea buckthorn.
- Boil another quarter of an hour, remove from the stove and pour the golden mass into the jars.
This winter sea buckthorn jam will be an excellent anti-depressant on cold evenings, especially if you add it with homemade sponge cake and a glass of mulled wine.
Recipe five: sea buckthorn jam with pumpkin
Similar to similar! Golden berries are crushed from the trees at the same time when it comes time to clean ripe orange pumpkins from the melon thistle - the end of August - September. Why not combine these sunny-colored gifts of autumn in one can? Cooking jam for Cinderella!
- Take sugar, sea buckthorn berries and pumpkin, which has already been cleared of seeds, in proportions 1: 2: 3. It would be great if there is another big ripe orange in the kitchen.
- Squeeze out the juice from sea buckthorn or grind it through a sieve - which is more like.
- We clean the pumpkin (oh, hard work is ...), remove the seeds, cut into cubes "for 1 bite."
- Three orange on a fine grater. You can take only the zest.
- Boil juice with sugar in a saucepan until the latter is completely dissolved, and put pumpkin cubes and ground citrus in hot sea buckthorn syrup.
- Cook until the pieces of vegetable are translucent and soft. Roll in the banks.
Recipe six: sea buckthorn jam and zucchini
Another vegetable that can also be added to sea buckthorn confiture. It is not as sweet as a pumpkin, because the sugar consumption will be a little more. To prepare such a dessert, we take in equal proportions:
- sea buckthorn berries
- diced zucchini,
- washers cut oranges.
Sugar for a number of products will need three kilograms. Do not pour all at once, try the dessert as it is prepared.
- Put zucchini and oranges in one container, pour them with sugar, leave alone until they let the liquid.
- Cooking sea buckthorn juice, put it on the stove, heat it.
- Add the candied ingredients and cook until the zucchini reaches the desired consistency (someone likes to boil down completely, others prefer rather dense slices).
- Put the ready sweetness on the banks, pour the remaining sea buckthorn syrup.
The seventh recipe: sea buckthorn jam with hawthorn
Hawthorn - an excellent tool to strengthen the blood vessels and heart muscle. Together with sea buckthorn, the fruits of this plant create an excellent healing cocktail. You will need:
- 1 kg of fresh sea buckthorn,
- up to 600 grams of hawthorn
- the same amount of beet sugar.
- Grind the washed and dried berries in different containers. Hawthorn is better to flirt first.
- Combine two types of mashed potatoes in a saucepan, stirring, add sugar.
- Boil a sweet vitamin cocktail for a few minutes without boiling.
- Spread the warm dessert in small cans and roll up immediately. Pasteurize in boiling water until half an hour.
Recipe Eighth: Sea buckthorn jam with honey and cinnamon
Not the most budget, but very tasty dessert will turn out of sea buckthorn and flower honey with the addition of spices. Take a pound of basic ingredients and the taste of cinnamon and cloves.
- Heat the honey in a water bath, but do not boil it. Knowledgeable people claim that boiling, it becomes harmful.
- Sunny berries can grind in a mortar or enter whole in honey. Stir the golden mixture for a few minutes while stirring.
- Add spices and pour ready delicacies into pre-prepared jars.
Recipe nine: sea buckthorn jam with honey and walnuts
Such a vitamin cocktail will give odds to any pharmacy. Be careful, the taste of the jam is great, but the calorie content is appropriate.
Per kilogram of berries, take the same amount of honey and half the amount of peeled nuts. Honey, alas, can also be different, so try cooking dessert and add sweetness as needed.
- Pre-prepared amber fruit or grind through a sieve, or get juice from them. In the first case, the jam will be more dense, fragrant and healthy.
- Chop the nuts in a meat grinder or simply crush with a meat beater. It all depends on whether you want to chew them in the finished dessert.
- Heat the honey in an enamel pot, add nuts and stew for 10 minutes.
- Enter sea buckthorn puree (or juice) and boil for a quarter to half an hour. Do not bring honey mixture to a boil - honey does not like high temperatures.
- Pour the ready honey-sea buckthorn dessert with nuts in jars and hide away, otherwise they will not survive even until the New Year.
Recipe ten: sea buckthorn jam in a slow cooker
Sea buckthorn jam, the benefits and harm of which we now understand, can be prepared in a slow cooker. To do this, you can take any of the above ingredients, or just make pure sea buckthorn jam. The easiest way is to cook a dessert made from whole berries, but you can grind them and add apples, nuts, raisins, spices to them - what your heart desires.
The main thing is to put the “quenching” mode for about an hour per kilogram of fruit and berries.
In order to boil the jam and give the foam, you can pre-or after the end of extinguishing set the mode "frying". In this case, it is important to ensure that the sugar is not burnt.
For the simplest sea buckthorn jam in a multicooker, you will need a kilogram of berries and a gram of 200-300 more sugar.
- Prepare sea buckthorn - my, sort out, obsushivaem.
- We pour the raw materials into the bowl and fill them with sugar. You can immediately begin to extinguish, after adding a half cup of water to the container. But it is better to give the berries from an hour to three or four to stand, so that they let the juice.
- While the fragrant amber mass is being extinguished under the closed lid, it would be good to check how the process is going. Stir it, especially until sugar is completely dissolved in it.
- Когда программа завершится, переходим на режим «жарка», ждём образования пенки, снимаем её и выключаем мультиварку.
- Горячее варенье разливаем по баночкам и клеим предварительно заготовленные этикетки «Облепиха’2017. Сделано с любовью!» — готово!
Облепиховый конфитюр станет вашей козырной картой, которую можно показывать, принимая только самых дорогих гостей. Это вкусно, полезно и невероятно красиво. A rosette with thick golden-yellow jam will embellish a friendly tea party, a Saturday family breakfast with fritters or a worthy ending to a full Christmas dinner.