Fruit peeling is a highly effective and absolutely safe procedure that allows skin to return youth and beauty in a short time. Its advantage is that preparations based on fruit acids do not injure the dermis at all, but penetrate into its deep layers, triggering cell regeneration and renewal processes. What distinguishes this method from other chemical peels, and how it works - read on.
Differences from similar procedures
Facial peeling with fruit acids is a type of surface chemical cleaning of the face. But unlike median and deep acid procedures, this option does not traumatize the skin and is absolutely safe with the right approach.
Its active ingredients cause a light burn on the skin, as a result of which keratinized cells are peeled off and trigger the renewal processes in the deep layers of the dermis. Fruit acids at the same time affect only the upper skin.
Median facial peeling aims to remove the upper layer of the epidermis. Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) is most often used. The destruction of living skin cells leads to the accelerated formation of new cells and the activation of the production of natural collagen and elastin.
Deep peeling is performed by removing the first and reticular (second) layers of the dermis. One session allows you to get rid of even deep wrinkles and scars. However, this method is very dangerous and involves a long recovery period.
Types of fruit acids
In beauty salons most often use the following fruit acids for peeling:
- Dairy. It is found in large quantities in blueberries, grapes, apples and tomatoes. It has an antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effect, helps to even out the tone of the face, whitens and peels.
- Almond It is extracted from bitter almond extract. Almond acid molecules penetrate into the stratum corneum and cleanse it. Suitable for sensitive and very dry dermis.
- Glycolic. Contained in sugar cane, beets and grapes. Its molecules actively penetrate even into the deepest layers of the epidermis, triggering regeneration processes. Effective with acne and post-acne, hyperpigmentation and reduced skin tone.
- Lemon Its main source is citrus fruits - lemon and orange. Effectively whitens and helps the skin surface to return a healthy color, tightens pores and has anti-inflammatory effect.
- Apple It is extracted from apples and tomatoes. It contains a large number of pectin, which has a healing and anti-inflammatory effect. It is used for acne, various inflammations and acne.
- Wine Contained in grapes, apples, lime, avocado, oranges. Effectively whitens, exfoliates and moisturizes.
Indications and Contraindications
Indications for conducting are the following problems:
- acne and acne, acne,
- dark spots,
- enlarged pores
- mimic wrinkles and the first signs of photoaging,
- oily and problem skin,
- loss of elasticity and firmness of the skin,
- dull complexion.
At the same time there are contraindications, which should be considered:
- herpes in the active stage,
- eczema and psoriasis,
- propensity for scarring,
- hypersensitivity of the epidermis,
- malignant neoplasms
- fresh tan
- allergic to the components of the drugs used,
- period of pregnancy and lactation.
Stages of the procedure
Two weeks before going to the beautician should refrain from tanning in the sun and in the solarium. In addition, 10 days before the procedure, it is recommended to begin special training for a more pronounced result. It consists in the use of fruit acid gels, which act on the stratum corneum, leveling it and purifying dead cells.
The procedure itself consists of several stages.
Stage one - preparatory. First, the face is cleaned from the remnants of makeup and dirt with foam and warm water.
Stage two - the main. Beautician professionally very thin layer applied to the face of the drug. Aged for 5 minutes. At this time, the patient may feel a slight burning and tingling sensation, which is a normal reaction to the effects of acid.
Stage three - the final. At this stage a neutralizer is applied, designed to stop the action of the main drug. It lasts no more than 3 minutes, and then washed off with warm water. After that, a mask is applied to the skin, which stops the burning sensation and soothes.
The frequency of such procedures and the time of effect depend on the type of skin. So, for dry and wrinkles wrinkles will require at least 6 sessions (once a week) once a year. For oily such courses are conducted more often - at least 10 sessions 2 times a year. To rejuvenate the skin of the body, 20 procedures are needed 1 time per year.
How is the procedure of fruit peeling in the salon, you can see in the video:
Facial peeling with fruit acids is an absolutely safe procedure if the concentration of active substances does not exceed 10%. Higher concentrations can cause severe burns with blistering and severe pain.
In general, after the procedure, there is a slight redness and tingling. But these symptoms are already in the first day.
Answers to frequently asked questions
How much is peeling in the cabin?
The price of the procedure depends on many factors. But on average, in the salons of Moscow, the cost ranges from 2,000 to 4,000 rubles.
How often do peeling?
The periodicity depends on the type of skin. As a rule, the cosmetologist prescribes 1 procedure every 7-10 days. The number of sessions can be different - up to 10 for dry skin and up to 20 for oily.
How long is the result noticeable?
The result after 1 course is noticeable during the year. In the future, you may need to resume sessions.
Can it get rid of deep wrinkles?
Superficial peeling does not eliminate deep wrinkles, but helps to reduce them and prevent the appearance of new ones.
What should be post-peeling care?
It is very important to properly care for your face after the procedure. It is recommended for a week to abandon decorative cosmetics and avoid direct sunlight and sunburn in a tanning bed.
Advantages and disadvantages
The main advantages of this method of rejuvenation:
- It removes traces of acne and post-acne, inflammation, acne and comedones.
- Reduces pigmentation, brightens even large pigment spots.
- It moisturizes and regenerates the skin, making it smoother and more radiant.
- It smoothes fine lines and prevents the appearance of new ones.
But, despite the advantages, this procedure has disadvantages:
The drug is easy to use, and most importantly, that its action you will see instantly.
- It can not be carried out during the period of active sun, since exposure to UV can better cause hyperpigmentation. The best time for the course is autumn and winter.
- The high cost of one procedure. For maximum results, up to 20 sessions are required, and this is a significant amount.
- It does not get rid of deep wrinkles, but smoothes only small mimic wrinkles.
Homemade fruit peels: simple recipes
Making peeling fruit acids at home is very simple. To do this, you can use the purchase of funds or prepare the current composition of their own. The most popular brands of cosmetics for skin rejuvenation are: Janssen Cosmeceutical, Holy Land, Secrets Lang, Skinlite.
However, the best is to prepare the composition yourself. Reviews of girls indicate that even in simple home conditions, using a minimum set of ingredients can rejuvenate and restore skin. Here are some proven recipes:
- Crush 200 g of fresh pineapple, add to it a couple of spoons of natural honey and a little oatmeal. Apply the composition on the face for 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- Crush some grapes with a spoon (it is better to take varieties with stones, but remove them before cooking). Add a few chopped cranberries to it. Apply an acid mask for 15 minutes.
- Take the pulp of a fresh orange, add to it 1 tbsp. natural honey and some coffee grounds. Apply the composition on the face with soft circular motions and leave for 5 minutes, then remove the product with warm water.
- Take 50 g of kefir and add 1 capsule of vitamin A. Apply the composition on the skin in several layers. Wash off the mask after 15 minutes.
- Mix 4 tablespoons of chopped fresh strawberries with an egg and a small amount of coffee grounds. Massage the composition, apply, and after 10 minutes, rinse it thoroughly.
What it is
Fruit peels are a type of chemical skin cleansing that involves only ANA acids (alpha hydroxide or fruit acids). The procedure is safe for the client, and for the skin it will be a real cocktail of strength and health.
Fruit acid peeling presupposes a predominantly superficial cleansing effect, affecting only the upper layers of the epidermis. But in some cases, the beautician can use highly concentrated solutions of acids to enhance the depth of penetration and the strength of their action on the problem. Independently carry out the median and deep fruit peels at home is prohibited.
Peeling with fruit acids is not a discovery of modern cosmetology. Thousands of years ago used acid in the corners of Ancient Egypt, in Ancient Rome and in Russia, only in the role of exfoliant was concentrated lemon juice, an apple or sour milk. Modern scientists have summarized the beneficial properties of fruit acids, have created excellent cosmetic products based on them, convenient for salon and home use.
Fruit peels are a very popular cosmetic procedure. Its feature is the safety and softness of the action. Some acids (lactic, glycolic, and others) are familiar to the cells of the epidermis, therefore, they are easily perceived without causing complications.
The course of chemical peels based on fruit acids ensures a rapid improvement of the condition of the integuments, normalizes the functioning of the cells and glands, speeds up the skin renewal process and corrects visible imperfections on the face.
As a rule, fruit acids are used for superficial action on integuments. They do not injure the surface of the face and allow in a few days to make the skin smooth, soft and elastic.
Acids for fruit peeling
For peeling fruit acids in the salon use cosmetic products containing several acids at the same time. This allows you to comprehensively affect the skin problem, speed up its recovery and at the same time improve the condition in several directions.
The standard set of fruit acids for peeling consists of the following ingredients:
- Glycolic acid - in addition to cleansing, an acidic remedy levels the shade of the epidermis, helps to get rid of age spots, adjust the skin's relief and improve its tone. In nature, glycolic acid is found in large quantities in sugar cane and unripe grapes.
- Citric acid whitens the skin and is also harmful to bacteria and infections. It is abundant in all citrus fruits, especially in kiwi, lime and lemon.
- Dairy - is a moisturizer and freshener of the skin. Acid helps to smooth wrinkles, improves the tone and elasticity of the fibers, gives the skin a healthy glow. The component can be found in fermented milk products (yogurt, kefir), as well as in sauerkraut, apple and tomato.
- Apple - this component accelerates metabolic processes in the cells of the epidermis, stimulates the renewal of integuments. Scientists note a high content of malic acid molecules in apples and tomatoes.
- Wine - has a strong peeling, moisturizing and whitening qualities. You can find it in orange, grapes and, of course, in wine.
A multicomponent formulation helps to cope with many skin problems and will be useful for any type of epidermis.
Fruity peeling in the salon will make your skin soft and supple, and your face refreshed and young. It is useful to carry out similar procedures for owners of a problem skin type and, in some cases, adolescents for therapeutic purposes.
Pros and cons of the procedure
Fruit peeling at home and in the cabin is popular. The following facts accompany this:
- allows you to solve skin problems of different degrees: from small acne, comedones to pronounced wrinkles,
- there is an extensive list of indications for execution,
- a course of facial peeling with fruit acids has a rather profound effect on integuments, which makes it possible to delay the earlier aging of integuments and prevent the appearance of problem acne, acne in the future,
- The procedure has a minor list of contraindications.
- This is a universal method of removing skin imperfections; it is carried out for all skin types, regardless of the age of the client,
- after a superficial peeling for the face with fruit acids, the rehabilitation period is only 2-3 days,
- used acid composition in most cases well perceived by the skin and does not cause complications,
- It is possible to carry out fruit peeling for the face at home using special cosmetic products or alternative masks based on natural ingredients.
The negative aspects of cleansing the face with fruit acids include:
- peeling is preferable to plan from November to February, so that solar activity in the hot season does not cause a splash of skin pigmentation,
- the procedure is carried out by courses, from a single session the effect is negligible
- during peeling possible slight tingling, tingling.
Surface cleaning with fruit acids helps to correct the problem of integuments at an early period, to refresh the skin and significantly improve its elasticity, to make it soft and velvety. And all this without long rehabilitation and health risks.
Beauticians recommend contacting peels with fruit acids for the face if you are concerned about such skin problems:
- increased fat and porosity of the integument,
- frequent rash on the face, acne and acne associated with high fat epidermis,
- black dots and comedones that make the skin unkempt,
- dullness, grayness on the face or oily sheen,
- mimic or age wrinkles, folds and grooves,
- signs of fading of the skin,
- age spots, freckles,
- scars and scars on the face,
- hyperkeratosis, unusual skin roughness,
- reduction of skin tone, flabbiness,
- loss of clarity of the contour of the face.
Fruit treatments can be carried out as preventive measures for the early aging of the skin and the appearance of wrinkles, to ensure proper care of the face. They will be particularly relevant at the age of 25–35, when there are no serious age-related skin defects.
So that the procedure of acid purification leaves only pleasant memories and the expected result, it is recommended to adhere to all the recommendations of experts.
Fruit exfoliation cannot be performed to clients in the following cases:
- there are ulcers on the face, boils and acne,
- with allergies to the components of the peeling agent,
- skin is prone to scarring after cleansing,
- there are wounds, abrasions and cuts,
- with rosacea,
- in the period of exacerbation of chronic diseases,
- with general malaise, in a feverish state,
- there is a rash of herpes on the face, with ARVI,
- there are neoplasms on the treated area,
- for patients with hemophilia and other blood disorders,
- with increased skin sensitivity,
- after a recent visit to the solarium,
- during pregnancy and lactation.
It is not recommended to carry out acid cleansing during menstruation and hormonal disruptions. Changes in hormonal levels may cause an unexpected reaction to the composition for peeling.
Before exfoliation, it is imperative to test for an allergic reaction. This will help avoid unpleasant consequences, irritation and rashes.
If you decide to perform peeling with fruit acids at home, consult your cosmetologist first. He will carefully examine the condition of your skin and its problem, and will also recommend which items you should pay attention to when choosing a peeling agent and how to make it without complications.
As already mentioned, fruit peels spend courses. The frequency of sessions is determined by the beautician, based on the age and condition of the skin, as well as the result after the first procedure.
The number of procedures in a full course, as a rule, varies within 7–15 peels with an interval of 10–14 days. If you have minor problems or peeling is performed for the purpose of prevention, then you can get by with a smaller number of sessions:
- for patients up to 25 years old with a problem skin type, with comedones and black spots on the face, 1-2 procedures per month are enough,
- for patients 25-30 years to prevent early aging of the integuments, it is recommended to perform 2-3 procedures per year,
- for the age of 30–45 years, you need to complete a full course of 4–6 procedures, and then in preventive measures every 1–1.5 months,
- for mature skin 45+, fruit cleansing is only suitable as a preparatory stage for deep peels or plastic surgery.
Концентрация и время воздействия
The concentration of the acidic agent, its composition is chosen by a cosmetologist after determining the type of skin and the degree of the problem. The more complex the problem and the higher the age of the patient, the more intense the impact is required.
It is also worth noting that a high concentration of acid lengthens the rehabilitation period and complicates its course, and the requirements for the patient's health and professionalism of the beautician are increased.
Home use of a concentration in excess of 15% can be dangerous. Improper use of the acid composition threatens with chemical burns and complications.
The duration of exposure of the acid composition depends on the condition and type of skin and is selected individually. If you perederzhat acid on the face, you can significantly harm the patient. That is why it is recommended to trust only professionals with extensive experience in cosmetic procedures of this kind.
Fruit cleansing in the salon
Surface fruit peels do not require special preparation and antiviral preparations from the client. To enhance the effectiveness of acid exposure, cosmetologists recommend 7–10 days before peeling to add a special product to the daily care, which includes a small amount of fruit acid. This is done in order to soften the stratum corneum of the epidermis and speed up the process of removing dead cells from it.
Professional peeling is performed with high quality products. Their composition is chosen by a specialist taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient's skin. The concentration of acids in such cosmetics is higher than in products for home procedures, therefore, professional skills and knowledge are indispensable.
Acid peeling for the face in the cabin is carried out according to the usual algorithm for chemical cleaning:
- Make-up removal and pre-cleansing with soft cosmetic products. In this case, scrubs, aggressive compositions are prohibited to use in order not to scratch or damage the integrity of the integument.
- Degrease the surface of the face with a special lotion or tonic.
- Applying acid composition and holding it for 2–10 minutes, depending on the brand, concentration of the product and manufacturer's recommendations.
- Neutralization of the action of acids. After applying the neutralizer, the beautician removes the particles of the product with water.
- Applying a nourishing and soothing mask, selected depending on the type of client's skin, as well as a cream with a moisturizing effect.
The whole procedure takes 30–50 minutes. After a superficial fruit peeling, a slight reddening is possible, which will pass on its own within a few hours.
Fruit peels are a very convenient cosmetic procedure. On the one hand, you visibly refresh your face and improve your skin condition, and on the other hand, you do not feel any discomfort and limitations in your daily lifestyle.
How to behave after cleaning
The process of cleansing the skin with fruit acids does not imply special post-peeling care. Exfoliation of dead cells and replacing them with new ones take place gradually, almost imperceptibly. You can use the usual makeup, apply makeup.
The only thing that cosmetologists recommend to postpone, is a trip to the sea and tan for several weeks.
It is imperative to use sunscreen after peeling, regardless of whether there is sun or not. Choose creams and lotions with an SPF of at least 30 to avoid post-peeling skin pigmentation.
If used for cleansing acid increased concentration (more than 15%), the risk of severe chemical burns with blistering, pain and burning is high. In case of violation of the technology of the procedure, scars and discoloration remain, persistent erythema, and the appearance of puffiness is characteristic of sensitive skin.
How is peeling done at home
Home peeling is somewhat different from the salon. First, less concentrated formulations are used that reduce the risk of complications. Secondly, ready-made peeling agents can be replaced with natural masks from products rich in fruit acids (lemon juice, apple vinegar, fruits, etc.).
Peeling face at home using ready-made acidic means carried out in the following sequence:
- Read the instructions and rules of use of the drug, proposed by the manufacturer.
- Perform a test test for an allergic reaction. To do this, apply a little bit on the wrist or on the inner fold of the elbow. After 15 minutes, follow the reaction. In case of severe burning, pain and irritation, the composition cannot be used.
- Moisten your face with water and apply a little cleanser. Massage the skin before the formation of foam, then wash with warm water.
- Wipe face with fruit lotion to remove fat particles. Wash off the product.
- Begin to apply the acid composition. Use a soft, special brush to distribute the exfoliant in this order: on the forehead, nose, cheeks and chin, if necessary on the neck and decollete. Do not affect the area of the eyes and lips. Means is put with parallel strips, evenly.
- After 2–3 minutes, neutralize the activity of the acidic neutralizer. After wash your face with plenty of water. In the future, the exposure time can be gradually increased to 15–20 minutes.
- To soothe the skin, moisturize the skin with a cream. Be careful, perfumes, chemical components of the cream can harm, choose only high-quality and hypoallergenic cosmetics after peeling.
Popular home peeling products
Means for peeling at home and salon differ in composition and quality. Consider the well-known cosmetic products for home cleansing in more detail:
- Cream mask with ANA-acids from “Cora” (Russia) - the tool can significantly improve the condition of the skin, illuminate and smooth out imperfections on the face, narrow pores and eliminate oily shine. According to user feedback, the drug does not cause allergies and gently affects the epidermis. Remember, the tool can not be used for owners of very sensitive skin.
- Janssen Inspira MFA (Germany) - a drug from the professional line of the famous brand Janssen Cosmeceutical, can be used in home and salon conditions. The biocomplex of fruit acids will ensure the softness and tenderness of the skin, smooth the relief of the face, give freshness and healthy radiance.
- Skinlite (South Korea) - peeling tool guarantees a delicate effect and is suitable even for sensitive epidermis. After cleansing, the skin is velvety and tender, without irritation and complications. This is ideal for home use.
- Meishoku Detclear bright & peel aha & bha fruits peeling jelly (Japan) - a great option for peeling with fruit acids at home. To use the Japanese remedy is recommended for owners of dry and sensitive skin. Worthy result at an affordable price.
Before use, be sure to read the instructions, but rather consult a professional. He will designate the frequency of cleansing and draw attention to the nuances of the procedure.
Alternative home peels
If you are not ready for the effects of the finished acid remedy on the skin, you can turn to folk cosmetology. Recipes for masks based on lemon juice, kefir, citrus juice or strawberry rubbing will fit. We offer several popular natural face peel masks.
Refresh the face, narrow the pores and clean the pores, increase lemon tone will help. To prepare the cleanser you will need:
- half a lemon,
- natural base oil (olive, almond or linseed) by skin type.
- Squeeze juice from lemon.
- Mix the juice with oil in a ratio of 2: 1.
- Cleanse your face with a jelly or gel.
- Apply the prepared lemon mixture to your face. Spread the composition evenly and quickly.
- After 3-4 minutes, wash with plenty of water. With each procedure, increase the exposure time.
Perform such procedures regularly, 1-2 times in 7 days, depending on the type of cover. In a month you will have a perfectly delicate and velvety skin.
Base oil can be replaced with natural liquid honey. Mix it with the same amount of lemon juice. Consider that honey refers to allergenic products.
Do not limit yourself to these recipes, experiment. Wiping with fresh fruit will compensate for the lack of vitamins and minerals in the cells of the epidermis, activate intracellular processes and microcirculation of the blood, activate the synthesis of its own collagen, and the acids contained in them will contribute to the removal of dead cells and cleansing the pores from the sebaceous jams.
Be attentive to yourself and your skin, express it in high-quality care for her. And professional peels will help you with this!
According to the concepts
In the very name of "fruit acid" there is some slyness. By chemical composition, these substances are hydroxycarboxylic or hydroxy acids. They are found in many products - from milk (dairy) to sugarcane (glycolic). In fruits, too many of them - in cosmetology often use citric, malic and tartaric acids. However, glycolic acid, according to research, doubles
more effectively masculine exfoliates and enhances the synthesis of type 1 collagen (it is needed just for skin rejuvenation). So, when you come to the salon for “peeling with fruit acids,” it will most likely be glycolic. It turns out that sugar cane is a fruit? Not bad news for dieters.
Most often, ANA is mined naturally. But chemistry in our times has reached such heights (and sanctions are of such magnitude) that it is sometimes easier to synthesize acids by chemical means. Which is better? “Both of them and others do an excellent job with the task entrusted to them,” Gulnara Amanbaeva reassures. “Both natural and synthesized cleanse the skin, rejuvenate it and give it a healthy look.”
! If you are peeling with AHA-acids at home, start with one or two drops of the product once every two days.After six to eight days, if there is no irritation, you can use it once or even twice a day. The effect will be noticeable in about a month.
Season is open
Procedures with fruit acids should not be done in the "sunny" season - because of the risk of pigmentation. This is especially true peels. Our expert notes: “Yes, treatments with acids should be done from October to March, when there is no active sun. But there are exceptions, for example, soft almond peeling (it is even called “summer”). However, it is important to remember: at any time of the year, even in winter, after these procedures, it is better to use sunscreen. ”
Cosmetologists advise doing peeling in the salon - so it is more effective. “Compositions for home and professional products vary,” says Gulnara Amanbaeva. - The concentration of acids in the first does not exceed 1−2%, and in the second can reach 15% fruit acids. It’s not worth using these strong formulations on your own, there’s a great likelihood of pigmentation, burns and scars. ”
What is peeling
Skin cells tend to die off and accumulate on the surface of the epidermis, causing uneven relief. If you notice that the foundation lays unevenly, emphasizes desquamation, clogs up in fine wrinkles, this does not mean that you have forgotten how to do makeup - it’s just time to sign up for a peeling.
Facial peeling improves skin quality. © Getty Image
It promotes the natural exfoliation of dead particles and stimulates cellular renewal. As a result, the skin becomes smooth, radiant, fresh.
Peeling has other beneficial effects. This procedure:
prepares the skin for the subsequent care and helps the components of cosmetics to be better absorbed,
Fruit acid peeling - what is it
This method of peeling involves the use of fruit acids, which are contained in berries and fruits. In the scientific world, these acids are also called ANA-acids (i.e. alpha hydroxy acids). The use of fruit acids to maintain beauty, youthful skin and body has been known since ancient times. It is well known that the legendary Cleopatra regularly made baths and masks from the pomace of various fruits. Why don't we use the tool that has been tested for centuries ...
What can help peeling fruit acids? We highlight the most important points: it improves the complexion, smoothes wrinkles, carries out prevention of premature aging and the omission of tissues, removes acne, acne and age spots.
Depending on the acid used, the peeling can refer either to the surface or to the middle one. But, in any case, fruit peeling acts on the skin gently and delicately, being considered gentle and effective at the same time, due to which he earned his love and numerous positive feedback from customers and cosmetologists.
Fruit Peels - Acids
There are several types of fruit acids, on the basis of which they carry out peeling. Each of the fruit acids is distinguished by its individual properties and purpose.
- Lemon acid. Sources of citric acid are citrus fruits and pineapple. As a rule, citric acid for peeling is not used in its pure form, but diluted with related components. Citric acid peels well disinfect the skin, whiten and remove the pigment spots.
- Apple acid. Sources of this acid are not only apples, but also tomatoes. Malic acid peels promote deeper cleansing, they are able to trigger the internal processes of rejuvenation and restoration of aging skin.
- Glycolic acid. The sources of this acid are the various varieties of green grapes, as well as sugar cane. Glycolic acid molecules are very small, so they easily penetrate through the pores into the deep layers of the dermis, due to which glycolic peeling has both a surface cleansing and a deeper median effect. The range of problems solved by this method is very large, so we covered the glycolic peeling in the material, its pros and cons, we talked about it more widely.
- Wine acid. This acid is found in fermented wines, different grape varieties and oranges. Tartaric acid peels well moisturize the skin, contribute to its cleansing and rejuvenation.
- Lactic acid. This acid is contained not only in dairy products, but also in blueberries and apples. Milk peeling is a very delicate procedure that promotes deep moisturizing and regeneration of the skin. Perhaps this is the most suitable acid for use at home - if you want to conduct a similar procedure at home, see the article peeling with lactic acid, where everything is described in detail.
Fruit acid peeling - how is the procedure?
Before the procedure of peeling fruit acids, you need to visit a cosmetologist for a preliminary consultation. The specialist will select the peeling, based on your skin type and issues, as well as talk about possible complications and rehabilitation procedures. Fruit acid peeling lasts about 30-40 minutes and includes a sequence of the following steps.
- Makeup removal - cleansing the skin from cosmetics and dirt.
- Applying peeling composition.
- Keeping the peeling mask for a specific time.
- Neutralization of fruit peeling.
- Applying a soothing mask.
- For treatment and rejuvenation, you need to undergo a course of fruit peeling. The number of sessions is determined by the beautician, usually it is 5-10 procedures with an interval of a week.
Peeling fruit acids at home
Peeling fruit acids can be done not only in the cabin, but also at home. The first option is the use of ready-made preparations with fruit acids. The composition of such mixtures include low concentration fruit acids, which are safe for home use. They can be purchased at pharmacies and specialized cosmetic stores. The action algorithm is similar to that offered by beauty salons.
- Clean the skin from makeup and impurities. To do this, use foam or gel for washing, then wipe your face with a tonic.
- Apply a thin layer of fruit peeling compound with a cotton pad or brush.
- The peeling time varies from the type of AHA-acid and is indicated in the instructions for the preparation. In no case should not exceed the recommended time.
- Remove the mask with a tissue.
- Wash with warm water, washing away peeling residues.
6. Walk on the face with an ice cube, this will help relieve burning, itching and pain, and also tones the skin.
- In the final, apply a moisturizer.
Use of homemade masks based on fruits and berries
Masks based on fruits and berries have an even lower concentration of acid than in the finished product, but this method is often enough for home cleansing and stimulating positive processes in the skin.
The use of peeling on the basis of citrus acids is suitable for oily and dry skin. To do this, chop the pulp of half an orange, add 1 tsp. lemon juice. Apply the resulting mask with a brush on the face for 5-10 minutes, then rinse with warm water and moisturize the skin with a cream. If you are the owner of dry skin, then add to the mask 1 tsp. honey
The recipe for pineapple peeling is very simple - you just need to wipe the cleaned face with a slice of pineapple and leave the juice on the skin for about 10 minutes. Также можно измельчить мякоть ананаса в пюре и добавить 1 ч. л. кефира или кислого молока. Держите маску около 10-15 минут.
Пилинг с виноградом не только очистит кожу, но даст эффект увлажнения и питания. Для пилинга раздавите несколько виноградин (предварительно удалив из них косточки), добавьте 1 ч. л. измельченной клюквы или любой другой кислой ягоды. Apply the finished mask for 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
A variety of acids are used for the acid peeling procedure, but all of them are designed for one thing - to get rid of skin problems. The only difference in the material used is in the dosage. Some acids need to be used a little more, others less. From this depends on the depth of penetration of the substance.
It is necessary to take into account the risk of an allergic reaction to a particular component. For example, if a person has an allergy to fruit acid, then you can use any other. There will be no significant difference in the final result. But all this is the task of the cosmetologist who will directly carry out the peeling procedure itself. The task of the patient is only that he wants to get in the final result and notify the specialist about possible intolerance, any medications and contraindications. This is the main information that the cosmetologist should know, since the effects of the peeling can be unpredictable, with the wrong selection of components.
Acid peeling involves an easy processing which involves only the surface layer of the skin. But there is also peeling with trichloroacetic acid, which penetrates into the deeper layers of the skin.
One of the common procedures can be called fruit acid peeling, which is also ANA-acidic. For such cleansing, natural acids are used, which are contained in many fruits. Lactic acid is also actively used. Another type of treatment is the effect of ascorbic acid. Almond is one of the most benign treatments.
Such procedures are used mainly to clean the face, but the rest of the body is not excluded.
Fatigue of the skin, gray tint of the face and fine wrinkles - these are the main problems that concern women at any age. This result depends not only on age, but also on nutrition, and on the effects of the environment on the body. All this destroys the structure of the skin and leads to its early aging. In this case, peeling with acids is almost an ideal tool that is able to refresh the complexion and give the former elasticity and freshness.
For the facial peeling procedure, a concentrated acid solution is used, which effectively removes dead skin cells.
Fruit peeling can be carried out independently, for this purpose it is enough to apply on the skin of the face, finely grinded fruits containing a high percentage of acidity. Naturally, modern cosmetology has developed many techniques to help clean the pores, but still the most spectacular, reliable, and most importantly, the direct use of the fruit itself remains available.
The most common acid peels used in beauty salons are used:
- to remove pigmentation on the skin - use date, azelaic and kojic acid,
- for rejuvenation - retin,
- to reduce inflammation and eliminate acne - benzoic, trichloroacetic and salicylic acid,
- Glycolic acid is used to strengthen youthful and aged skin.
The benefits and harm of peeling
Among women there is an opinion that the procedure of acid peeling is absolutely harmless. Up to the age of thirty, a girl can really use this procedure to get rid of seborrhea, a rich glow on the skin and pigmentation. But this is only in the period of maturation of the body. In more mature age, this procedure can smooth fine wrinkles, give the skin its former elasticity and renew its freshness. This is partly true, but like any other procedure, the peeling has its own indications and contraindications, which we will consider in more detail.
The recommended situations for using acid peels include the following situations:
- manifestation of the first mimic wrinkles,
- acne, the presence of comedones,
- too large pores
- overdried, or vice versa, too oily skin,
- keratinous skin
- unhealthy skin tone, pigmentation and freckles.
But, despite such effective results, acid peeling has its own contraindications, which include:
- open wounds
- infectious diseases,
- the use of drugs containing roaccutane,
- unusual skin condition, such as dehydration and dryness.
Peeling at home
Acid peeling cleans, refreshes and tones the skin very well.It is not necessary to visit expensive beauty salons in order to carry out such a procedure.
In order to make the mass necessary for peeling, fruit containing acids, baby soap, mineral water and ordinary face cream will be needed. Fruit pulp must be applied to the face for no more than 15 minutes. If you feel a slight tingling - it means that the acids have begun their action. In the case where nothing is felt, it is better to immediately wash off such a mask, since there will be no effect.
After the time has elapsed, the mush must be removed from the face with the help of baby soap and mineral water. Apply the cream.
It is worth remembering that before starting the procedure, it is especially necessary to check on your own whether there is an allergic skin reaction. Only then can the skin be cleaned.
Fruit acids are added not only to peels, but also to face masks, serums and hair and nail products.
In terms of skin care, their functions are clear.
In hair products, acids improve the penetration of nutrients as deeply as possible, strengthen the hair and add elasticity to it.
In acid nail care complexes, gently acting on the horny substance of the nail plate, promote exfoliation and the formation of new cells.
The concentration of fruit acids in home remedies is usually minimal. But they sometimes cause irritation. When using them, pay attention to:
Reaction. In the first days, owners of sensitive skin may experience slight redness and burning. But if they occur within a few days or increase, the remedy does not suit you.
Stimuli. Alcohol, menthol and camphor in care products + “fruit” peels are practically a guarantee of irritation. Read the ingredients: alcohol, ethyl alcohol, ethanol, Mentha, Menthol and camphor among the ingredients - an excuse to refuse these products for the entire period of using peels.
Matter of habit
Home remedies with fruit acids are even less effective, but safer. And they are also able to quickly refresh the complexion and give the skin a glow. With the constant use of creams and serums with fruit acids, cosmetologists recommend switching from one acid to another every two months. This will help to avoid getting used to the skin of their active ingredients, and therefore, to maintain their effectiveness.
How do fruit acids work?
If you read my article on how to slow down skin aging, then surely remember that one of the main methods that prolong the youth of our skin is to stimulate the renewal of the epidermis and the stratum corneum from dead cells.
Experimentally it was found that AHA can:
- change the acidity of the skin,
- influence her keratinization process,
- accelerate cell renewal
- stimulate the synthesis of collagen, elastin, and other components of the intercellular substance.
Repeated use of AHA enhances exfoliation of the dead layers of the skin, leads to a decrease in the stratum corneum, which means it can eliminate some skin defects (spots from acne, blackheads, redness, unevenness and roughness disappear)
Also, fruit acids can cause swelling of skin cells and intercellular substances, increasing its elasticity and producing the effect of reducing wrinkles.
What alpha hydroxy acids are used in cosmetology?
- Glycolic acid
One of the most popular AHA in cosmetology. Contained in sugar cane and green grapes.
It has the smallest molecular weight among hydroxy acids, so it can easily penetrate the epidermal barrier and have a pronounced effect.
In addition, this acid can reduce skin hyperpigmentation.
Now you understand what can be useful sugar cane sugar scrubs !?
- Apple acid
It is found in many fruits and vegetables (strawberries, pineapple), but especially apples and tomatoes are rich in it. It perfectly exfoliates cells and stimulates cellular metabolism.
- Wine acid
Contained in ripe grapes, old wine and oranges. It has moisturizing, exfoliating and moisturizing properties.
- Lemon acid
Hold in citrus fruits. It has the highest molecular weight of all AHA. It has antioxidant, whitening and bactericidal properties.
- Lactic acid
Contained in milk, yogurt, blueberries, apples, tomato juice, maple syrup.
It is part of the NMF of the stratum corneum. Excellent exfoliates and moisturizes the skin.
See here for more details.
How to peel fruit acids correctly?
Instructions for use:
- Take your favorite fruit, such as strawberries, pineapple or half a lemon.
- And very carefully rub her cleansed face, neck and décolleté skin.
- We do this until the face begins to tweak and burn.
- Leave the mask on the face for 3-4 minutes and rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Now apply a moisturizer or oil.
- Ideal for these purposes avocado oil, which very effectively stimulates the formation of new cells.
- We do home peeling with fruit acids 2 times a week.
Fruit Peeling Video
I recommend to watch this video, where they tell and show in great detail how to carry out homemade fruit peels.
We must remember that this peeling can not be carried out with fruits that may cause an allergic reaction. After home peeling with fruit acids, you should not immediately go out in the sun and expose your skin to UV rays.
Well, that's probably all.
My dear readers, periodically indulge your skin with such a simple, but very effective rejuvenation procedure, like home peeling with fruit acids and be always beautiful and young!
From finished cosmetics with natural acids, I can recommend you such a tonic for oily skin with green tea extract and fruit acids, which I used myself and was very pleased with the results.
And what means with fruit acids do you use? Share experience)
With you was Alena Yasneva, see you soon!
Be always beautiful.
JOIN MY GROUPS IN SOCIAL NETWORKS