It is possible that someone wondered, what's the big deal, then mess? After all, the actions are simple and clear: they washed the rump, poured it with water or milk, brought it to the desired state and enjoyed its small culinary masterpiece!
It turns out that modern people have become so accustomed to fast food that some families have forgotten how to eat healthy and healthy food, and that cereals, regardless of the type of cereal, contain a huge amount of vitamin and trace elements that are so necessary for the human body.
It is in the grains, which we are often so lazy to cook, that you can find those useful trace elements that can no longer be found in more than one well-known product!
And how useful milk porridges are for small children is not to be described here, everything is clear. By the way, women in 50 years, many doctors also recommend not to ignore the much-needed dish, because only milk and milk porridges contain such a huge amount of calcium.
But what to hide, if you decide to treat yourself and your family with the taste of a milk porridge, it is not necessary that you will succeed it the first time, it is not for nothing that many consider such recipes to be rather complicated.
Often, inexperienced cooks step on the same rake, because of which porridge turns out to be undercooked, sometimes too thin or too steep, which already sticks to the walls of dishes and burns, milk is able to boil rather quickly, as a result of which it turns out to be soiled not only the dishes, but the whole plate!
No one wants to face such troubles, and even every day. But it turns out that if you learn how to cook milk porridge for a child or for the whole family correctly, then you can easily avoid all these problems by enjoying only a pleasant and healthy dish.
In order for the milk porridge to turn out really tasty, and the cooking process delivered as little as possible troubles and worries, we will tell you a few secrets of interaction with cereals, and also share some simple recipes for cooking dairy delicacies.
In itself, a dish is a mixture of steamed or boiled cereals, whole grains or cereals, which, if necessary, add various flavor additions: fruits, berries, sugar, honey, jam, oil, vegetables, seasonings, nuts or dried fruits. Of course, for making really tasty milk porridge, you need to pack some fresh and, best of all, homemade milk.
Choosing cereals and ingredients
Typically, the method of cooking all cereals is divided into several basic ways: crumbly porridge (these include buckwheat, rice, pearl barley and millet), viscous (almost all the cereals that are boiled in milk) and liquid (semolina, oat, millet and rice).
Crumbly porridges are most often prepared on water, the grains must be separated from each other. Viscous porridges can also be cooked in water, but most often they use milk or a mixture of milk and water. The main difference between viscous and liquid porridge is that it should not blur, while the grains should turn out well-cooked.
Some cereals, for example, rice or pearl barley, are poorly boiled in milk, so you can boil them in water, drain it, and then add the required amount of milk, cooking the dish already on it. Liquid porridges are prepared in the same way as viscous, the only difference is in more liquid.
Milk porridge is perfectly obtained from rice, semolina, millet, oatmeal or pearl barley, but things are different from buckwheat, its recipe is slightly different from previous ones.
Buckwheat unground buckwheat is not suitable for cooking on milk, so milk buckwheat porridge looks a little different: it is cooked in water, and the finished porridge is already poured with milk right in the plate.
Remember that before cooking any cereal must be sorted, removing any foreign particles and bad grains, then rinse thoroughly (except for semolina and oatmeal).
Watch what kind of water you use, if you cook porridge on a mixture of milk and water - this is important if you want to get a good result. Hard water porridge will not turn out so tender, it is best to use filtered or boiled water.
Milk Oatmeal Recipe
Since oatmeal is one of the most popular and healthy breakfasts, consider this dish first. For its preparation, we need:
- oatmeal - 3/4 cup,
- milk - 3/4 cup,
- salt, sugar, dried fruits.
Pour the oatmeal into a small saucepan (preferably with thick walls), pour them with milk and leave for 3-4 minutes so that they are well swollen. Then put the saucepan on the fire and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat. Porridge is ready, it remains to add slices of dried fruit, sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons of butter.
Recipe for dairy rice porridge in a slow cooker
If you have the opportunity to cook milk porridge in a slow cooker, then that's fine, because the main problem of this dish is solved: milk will not run away from the stove, and if we decide to cook rice, it will not stick and stick to the walls of the dishes. For its preparation, we need:
- rice - 100 g,
- milk - 1 liter,
- salt, sugar, raisins (optional).
We wash the rice thoroughly in water several times and then place it in a multi-cooker pan. Then pour cold milk, a pinch of salt, sugar, butter and raisins. In the slow cooker there is usually a mode - “Milk porridge” - choose it and set the timer for the cooking time - 50 minutes. Now you can safely go about their business. And after a time, you will get a wonderful breakfast for the whole family.
Recipe for dairy rice porridge on the stove
Not everyone managed to acquire multicookers, so we will tell you about the secrets of cooking rice on a regular stove. For the cooking process we need:
- round rice - 0.5 cups,
- milk - 2 cups,
- salt, sugar to taste.
Again, wash the rice thoroughly several times, so it will not stick together during cooking. Pour milk into a small saucepan and set it on fire.
We are waiting for the milk to boil, and then, stirring, add cereal to it. Once again, we mix everything up and leave it on low heat, while constantly keeping an eye on the milk, stirring occasionally that it will not allow it to “run away”. Salt rice and sugar, if desired, and then wait for foam to appear on the surface.
Once again everything is stirred and calmed down, from now on the milk will not go anywhere, you can cover the porridge and leave for another 5 minutes on low heat. When the mass is thick and homogeneous, remove the pan from the heat and add the butter, let the broth stand until all the butter is melted.
By the way, if you still suffer, what to add to milk porridge, then remember that it is delicious with almost any ingredients: if it is fresh fruit, jam or walnut, then add them to the finished product. But raisins, dried fruits, honey, sugar, of course, it is better to add in the cooking process.
Milk porridges - general principles and methods of cooking
Some people think that porridge is simple and boring, but it is a big mistake! How can a huge variety of options prepared by a real hostess be boring? Porridge in pots, pumpkin, fruit and berry, with cottage cheese and nuts - a large number of tasty and healthy products can be prepared as a separate dish or side dish. You just need to find your favorite recipe. Attracts in porridges not only cheapness and availability, but also clarity in proportions and simplicity in preparation. And we can talk about taste and usefulness for a long time. In Russia, porridge for several centuries is considered a national dish. It was cooked in field conditions by army cooks who were called so - cooks. The most delicious are cereals with milk, butter and sugar.
Milk Porridge - Food Preparation
For the preparation of milk porridge using cereals of all kinds, except buckwheat unground, which can be diluted with milk already in boiled form. It is better to take fresh whole or skim milk. In the latter case, it is desirable to add more oil. Milk porridge can also be boiled from powdered or condensed milk. If porridge is cooked as a separate dish, it should not be steep, but viscous. Be sure to note that it is desirable to have thick-walled dishes so that milk and cereals do not stick.
Milk Porridge - Best Recipes
Recipe 1: Milk semolina
Manca is better to cook in sunny weather, as it slightly reduces the body's ability to absorb vitamin D. But this is the most "energetic" porridge. Delicious semolina can be cooked, knowing two secrets. First, you need to properly respect the proportions according to the recipe. Secondly, so that the semolina does not stray into lumps, it is better to fill it with milk through a sieve over the entire surface. In this case, in the porridge, you can distinguish individual small grains. It oil better, under the lid does not form an unpleasant film.
Ingredients: milk and water (0.5 liters each), salt, sugar, butter, semolina (half a cup).
Bring milk diluted with water to a boil. Pour semolina in the indicated ways, boil for two minutes, salt, remove from the heat and leave to swell for 10 minutes. This mess is more suitable for children. Add butter and sugar to it. Serve hot. For adults, you can use another way: semolina is heated in a griddle directly with butter. Deep frying pans with enamelled surface are well suited. When the mixture turns yellow a little, pour milk mixed with water in a frying pan. Quickly stir and boil for 2 minutes, cover with a lid and leave to swell.
Recipe 2: Buckwheat porridge with milk
In ancient tales, songs and folk sayings often mention porridge. Historians believe that we are talking about buckwheat porridge. Buckwheat is rarely completely clean, so it must be sorted out, like Cinderella from a fairy tale. This is the only porridge that can be cooked completely in water. But it removes excess cholesterol, and is also an excellent side dish for meat. But if you cook buckwheat porridge with milk - even the meat is not needed. The secret of the proportions of cereals and water is 1: 2, that is, the water should be 2 times less than buckwheat.
Ingredients: buckwheat (glass), sugar, salt, milk, water (0.5 liters).
Carefully sifted grains pour on a hot red frying pan and fry for 3 minutes. Pour it into boiling salted water and cook for 15-20 minutes until cooked buckwheat.
Butter is placed at the end of cooking. Put buckwheat in a plate, pour warm milk over it and add sugar to taste.
Recipe 3: Oatmeal with Milk
Probably the most popular breakfast is oatmeal. A valuable product of healthy eating is also a source of energy for the whole day. Complex carbohydrates and a low glycemic index are the main differences between oatmeal and other cereals. It is an excellent food for diabetics. The carbohydrates that it contains are absorbed throughout the day, the body does not experience glucose jumps. However, nutritionists do not recommend “leaning on it” to avoid overweight. The undoubted advantage is the ability of oatmeal to change "soak" in the taste of various additives - for example, dried fruits, apples, nuts.
Ingredients: oatmeal (3/4 cup), milk (3/4 cup), butter (2 tablespoons), salt, sugar to taste, dried fruits, nuts.
Pour oatmeal with milk. Leave to swell for three minutes. Put on the fire, cook for 10 minutes on a light fire. Add dried fruits, nuts. This porridge is perfectly combined with slices of banana, slices of apples, pears, raspberries and cottage cheese.
Recipe 4: Rice porridge on milk in a slow cooker
If you purchased a slow cooker - congratulations to you! The main problem of cooking milk porridge is solved - you do not have to make sure that the milk does not run away when boiling. Moreover, the rice does not stick together, but the grain is located to the grain. Sweet rice milk porridge for breakfast is cooked quite simply. Rice is best to take round.
Ingredients: rice (3/4 multivariate cups), milk (4 multivariate cups), granulated sugar (2 teaspoons), salt, butter (20 grams).
Three quarters of a multi-cooked cup of rice are well washed in several waters and put in a multi-cooker pan. Milk add cold, then sugar, salt and butter. Select the mode - "Milk porridge". Cooking time - 50 minutes. At the neat signal of the multicooker, you will get a wonderful breakfast for 3 people - an average thickness of milky rice gruel.
Milk porridges - useful tips from experienced chefs
Remember childhood, as mom and grandmother made us drink milk every day and eat soup? Modern nutritionists have changed the view on healthy eating. Now it is believed that there is enough soup a couple of times a week. And milk may not be useful for everyone. There are people who poorly assimilate lactose, which is part of it. All other milk is required every day - at least 1 glass. Strongly recommend it to women after 50 - no other product can give so much calcium. To food did not seem monotonous - boil milk porridge!
Rice porridge on milk
From a huge selection of cereals, rice porridge is for some reason the most popular. There are many recipes for rice porridge. An earlier article on our blog has already published an article about how to cook rice porridge. And you can follow the link and read.
- 1 cup of pure rice.
- 1.5 cups of milk.
- Salt and sugar to taste.
- 30 grams of butter.
1. Rice wash several times. Put in a saucepan, pour water over 2-3 cm above the rice.
2.Po salt and put the pan on the fire.
3. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
4. As soon as the water in the saucepan boils we boil for 12-15 minutes.
5. Figs until cooked 12-15 minutes. Depending on the brand of rice.
6.When time expires, try rice for readiness. As soon as the rice is soft, pour in the milk, add a little sugar, stir to the boil.
7. Cook for literally 2-3 minutes and turn off the heat under the pan.
8. Leave the rice porridge for 3-5 minutes under the lid so that the rice comes.
9. Rice porridge with milk is ready. Butter can be put directly into the pan and mix so that the butter is distributed over all the porridge. And you can divide it into small pieces and put on the table that everyone would put on his plate as much as he wants.
This is the easiest way to cook rice porridge with milk. You can read more about rice porridge here. Porridge is ready to enjoy your meal.
Wheat cereal with milk
Now touch such a grain as millet, not to be confused with wheat. There are also lots of recipes for boiling wheat cereal with milk. You can cook with the addition of pieces of fruit and vegetables. For example, cook porridge with the addition of apples, raspberries, strawberries, pumpkins.
But we will analyze the basic cooking recipe. So say the classic recipe for cereal with milk.
- 1 cup of millet.
- 2 cups of milk.
- 2 glasses of water.
- 50 grams of butter.
- Salt and sugar to taste.
1. The very first thing you need to wash well grits. Whatever the manufacturer writes on the packages, it is still necessary to rinse the grits.
2. After washed 3-4 times the croup. Shift it into the pot, pour water and send to the stove to cook until done. Do not forget a little salt.
3. Some mistresses advise before you start cooking millet to pour boiling water over it in order to remove a small bitterness. I do not, but the choice is yours.
4. And so we cook the millet until ready. The cooking time of millet is much longer than that of rice and is about 20 minutes. So it will take a little more time.
5. And so it took 20 minutes to try the millet for readiness and if the grains are soft and they can be chewed without any problems, the millet is considered ready.
6. Drain the remaining water, wash the millet and fill it with milk. Stir, add salt and sugar and put back on the stove. Mixing, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and then boil the gruel under the lid for about 5-7 minutes.
7. After a while, turn off the heat under the pan, remove the lid and add the butter. Mix well, leave the porridge for 3-4 minutes so that she would reach a little condition.
8. Millet porridge can be laid out on plates and call everyone for breakfast.
Semolina milk porridge
The semolina itself is not rich in plenty of vitamins. But in its composition there is a useful klechatka that is very easily absorbed by the body. Also semolina very well helps to strengthen bones and teeth. Since it contains calcium. In general, the benefits are obvious. And I see no obstacles that would not cook semolina for breakfast. Moreover, in my opinion, this is the easiest porridge in the world to prepare which takes a record time.
There is only one thing. Manka very quickly burns to the walls of dishes. So for its preparation you need to take dishes with a non-stick coating, or at least with thick walls. Otherwise, be prepared to wash the pan after semolina.
- 1 glass of milk.
- 3 tablespoons of semolina.
- 30-40 grams of butter.
- Salt and sugar to taste.
The recipe is very simple and the porridge is obtained without lumps.
1.Перед приготовлением манной каши моя бабушка всегда смачивала кастрюлю холодной водой и только потом наливала в неё молоко. Говорила что так молоко и крупа не будут пригорать к стенкам.
2.И так ополоснем кастрюлю водой. Нальем в неё молоко и поставим на плиту.
3.Стакан молока закипит очень быстро поэтому далеко отходить не стоит.
4. While milk is boiling, you can add salt and sugar, mix and wait until the milk begins to boil. It will start, and not already boil.
5. At this moment we begin to gradually fill up the cereal. In order that semolina did not take in the lumps. Dump the cereal in a thin stream and continuously mix the milk. It is very convenient to do this whisk.
6. And so the cereal in the milk is just a little 2-3 minutes to boil the porridge and it is completely ready.
7. When cooking, the semolina swells up quickly and can turn out so that there will be a lot of cereals and the porridge will become thick almost immediately. It's not scary. Turn off the heat, cover with a lid and leave the semolina for 3-4 minutes porridge will reach readiness itself.
8. Before serving, in a still hot porridge, we throw a piece of butter; we mix it and we can serve the porridge on the table.
9. It is always possible to add raisins or chopped prunes to milk porridge before serving.
Semolina ready to enjoy your meal.
Oatmeal with milk
Properly cooked oatmeal may be your favorite breakfast food. In addition, this milk porridge can very well clean the body of toxins. To saturate it with fiber with proteins and carbohydrates. And what else is needed for a perfect breakfast.
- Half a cup of oatmeal.
- A glass of milk. Desirable natural.
- 30-50 grams of butter.
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- A handful of raisins.
- A pinch of salt.
For cooking oatmeal it is better to use dishes with thick walls or a pan with a double bottom.
1. Pour over the raisin with cold water and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
2. Pour milk into the pan and put it on the stove.
3. Bring the milk to a boil, toss the oatmeal, salt and sugar.
4. Boil for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. For 2-3 minutes until ready to throw the raisins and mix.
6.When the porridge is ready, we put the butter in a saucepan and cover with a lid. We give the porridge 3 minutes to rest and can be served on the table.
7.Oven porridge on milk with raisins is ready. Enjoy your meal.
Buckwheat porridge with milk
Buckwheat as well as all other cereals is very useful and nutritious. Having a snack for breakfast, buckwheat can be easily reached before lunch. Buckwheat is often prepared as a side dish for second courses and rarely for breakfast. This is all due to the fact that many hostesses do not dare to bother in the morning and cook buckwheat for a long time.
Although buckwheat can be said unique in that it needs to be cooked very little. Basically, this croup itself comes to readiness almost without human intervention.
- 1 cup buckwheat.
- 3 cups of milk.
- 1.5 cups of water.
- Salt and sugar to taste.
1. In order to cook crumbly buckwheat porridge we take the most ordinary dishes. It does not need anti-stick coatings and thick walls with a double bottom. Take the most common pot with a lid.
2. And so before cooking, inspect the cereal if there are impurities in it, sort and wash the cereal.
3. Fall asleep cereal in a pot. Pour some water and add some salt to the stove.
4. Boil until boiling for 5-10 minutes until all the water boils away. When all the water is almost boiled away. Turn off the heat under the pan, cover it with a lid and leave for 5 minutes.
5. For this time, buckwheat will reach readiness.
6. After 5 minutes, pour in the milk, add the sugar and stir to the boil.
7. Simulate 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat, add butter, cover and let the porridge stand for 3-4 minutes.
8. Now you can call the rest for breakfast and serve fresh buckwheat porridge with milk. Enjoy your meal.
Not long ago, there was a corn boom in our country, and everyone knew how useful corn was. I think that your mothers and grandmothers still remember this time. Well, for those who are younger, I remind you that there is a lot of natural sugar, vitamins and carbohydrates in corn.
Corn porridge is not often seen on the tables. For all the reason that few people know how to properly cook cornmeal. Very often it turns tough and thick. But if you approach the solution of the problem correctly, then I think you can make a tasty and nourishing mess in the morning.
- A glass of corn grits.
- Two glasses of milk.
- Three glasses of water.
- 1-2 tablespoons of sugar.
- A pinch of salt.
- Vegetable oil.
- Dried fruits to taste.
1. Before preparing the grits, rinse well.
2. Put some water in a saucepan, add some salt and send to the stove.
3. Bring to a boil and reduce heat by 40%. And boil until all the water boils away. Make sure that the croup does not burn to the walls of the dish. Constantly need to mix corn.
4. When the water is almost boiled out, pour in the milk, add the sugar and the oil, mix and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Next turn off the heat, add dried fruit, cover the pan with a lid and give the porridge 3-4 minutes to rest.
6. After 5 minutes you have on the table delicious and nutritious porridge.
How to cook (cook) oatmeal on milk
Oatmeal - perhaps the most useful of milk porridges. Vitamins and trace elements that the body receives with oatmeal, are absorbed throughout the day, which allows not only to improve the metabolism, but also to be in good shape.
If we talk about cooking oatmeal with cereals, then everything is simple. Today in the shops you can find many kinds of similar cereals. The flakes have already been heat treated, so their preparation does not take much time, just pour the product with hot milk and wait a bit.
When cooking grains, everything is somewhat more complicated. Before cooking oatmeal on milk, grits must be thoroughly washed. The procedure should be carried out until the water is clear. In certain cases, in order to reduce the cooking time, oatmeal can be soaked.
Pour the milk into the pan, bring it to a boil, do not expose a strong fire so that it does not run away. When the milk starts to boil, pour the prepared oatmeal into it and mix. After the contents have boiled for 15–20 minutes, the pan can be removed from the heat. Let the porridge stand for about ten minutes, during which time the grain will swell, revealing its full flavor. Remove the lid and add the butter, then close the pan and wait another five minutes.
That's all! Cooking tasty and nutritious oatmeal did not take us more than half an hour. During this time we got a great dish that will appeal not only to adults, but also to children. If desired, you can add nuts, honey or jam to porridge.
It is worth noting that if porridge is prepared for dietary purposes - the milk is replaced by water. With this approach, the dish loses a little in taste, but retains all the beneficial properties and contains a minimum of calories.