What are the ingredients to make noodle dough? Here are the main ones:
- The role of the dry base is played, of course, flour. Coarse flour is best, although the highest grade is suitable, like the first or second (but the best noodles will turn out if you mix several varieties). But do not be limited to wheat, because you can use rice, buckwheat, oatmeal. In addition, suitable semolina. Experiment and try something new!
- Eggs They are present in almost all recipes, as they perform the function of gluing and make the dough elastic and viscous.
- Water. This is the liquid component of the dough, but it is not always required. And in some cases, it is replaced with milk or even juice. Such noodles, by the way, it turns out very tasty and original.
- Salt. It absorbs moisture and does not allow it to evaporate completely, and also makes the noodles taste brighter.
- If you want to make bright noodles, add a coloring ingredient. This may be beetroot, carrot juice, celery juice or other vegetables and fruits. And if you cook noodles of different colors, then as a result you will receive not only a tasty, but also a creative dish. Babies like it for sure.
As for the proportions, usually 2.5-3 parts of the dry components are taken for one part of the liquid components.
Kneading dough is quite simple. Here are the main steps:
- Flour should be poured into a fairly wide and deep capacity.
- Then in a separate container should be mixed liquid ingredients.
- Now in the middle of the flour hill, make a small depression and pour the liquid part into it. The deepening is necessary so that the flour gradually absorbs moisture, but not a drop of liquid remains on the surface of the container, and the dough itself does not stick to the walls.
- Start kneading dough. Do this with your hands, leading the edges to the middle, and then kneading the mass. The result should be quite dense, but elastic dough.
- Wrap the dough in a film or plastic bag and leave for half an hour to make it a little distance.
How to roll?
Cut the dough into several pieces and start rolling the first one. Do this with a rolling pin on a flat surface (sprinkle it with flour so that the dough does not stick). Roll out the layer until it is 1-2 millimeters thick. As rolling, sprinkle flour and dough onto the surface of the dough.
Carefully move the rolled bed onto a board or other dry and flat surface to dry it a little. Roll out the dough in small portions, otherwise it will be difficult to move the rolled layers (they can break).
How to cut?
The final and very important stage of cooking noodles is cutting. It's pretty simple here:
- Sprinkle flour for the slightly dried dough so that the finished noodles do not stick together.
- If you need fairly wide finished products, then stack a few layers of dough and cut them.
- If you want to get long and thin noodles, then it is better to roll one layer into a roll, and then cut it.
- Put the sliced noodles on a flat surface, dry and clean.
- Noodles are stored in a plastic bag for 1-2 months in a dry and protected from pests.
How to boil?
Boil noodles can be either immediately after cooking, or in dry form. Water can be slightly salted. As soon as the water boils, lower the noodles and immediately begin stirring with a spoon so that it does not stick. It’s not worth cooking noodles for a long time. If it is thin, then you can remove it immediately after re-boiling water.
Thick noodles are cooked on average from 5 to 10 minutes (it all depends on the sort of flour used to make the meal). Ready noodles recline on a colander and either washed with cold water (this is necessary to prevent sticking), or immediately dressed with sauce. By the way, you can add vegetable oil to cooking water, this will also avoid sticking. And you can also lubricate the finished noodles with oil.
If you add noodles to chicken soup or any other ingredients, do it last, after all the other ingredients (when they are ready).
How to make homemade noodles? We offer you a few recipes.
To make rice noodles, prepare the following ingredients:
- 350 grams of rice
- 2 eggs,
- 1 pinch of salt.
- Wash the rice well (the water should be clear), spread out on a flat surface and dry.
- Grind dried rice in a coffee grinder or blender to make flour.
- Knead the dough, leave it for half an hour, then cut into pieces.
- Roll out the dough, dry the layers and cut them.
If you want to make noodles that are similar to the Chinese, then roll the layers and cut them as thin as possible. Try using a meat grinder to form the strips (choose a nozzle with small holes). It is also better to use ready-made rice flour. In addition, you can add a little starch.
Sweet Chocolate Noodles
- 200 grams of flour,
- 50 grams of cocoa powder,
- 6-7 tablespoons of water
- 1 egg,
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil,
- 1 bag of vanilla.
- Sift flour, cocoa and vanilla.
- Make a depression in the middle of the flour mound, put an egg into it first, then butter, and then gradually pour in water.
- Knead the dough, wrap it in film and leave for half an hour.
- Roll out the dough, dry a little and cut.
- 200 grams of flour,
- 3 teaspoons of tomato paste,
- 1 egg,
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil,
- ½ tsp salt.
- Knead the dough and let it stand.
- Roll out the dough, lightly dry and slice the noodles.
Finally, some secrets of cooking noodles:
- While you roll one piece of dough, put the rest into the bag so that they do not dry (they will be much worse when they are dried).
- Do not leave the rolled dough sheets to dry for too long, otherwise they will dry out and crumble when cut.
- For cutting, use a sharp and well-ground knife, but rather take a special knife for cutting dough and pizza.
- Dry the noodles well before storing the noodles in the storage bag, otherwise the mold will form on it.
- If you often cook noodles, get a special machine for rolling and cutting dough.
- It is best to use homemade eggs, then the noodles will get a beautiful bright shade.
- Roll out the dough well, so that the layers are thin, otherwise the boiled noodles will be tasteless.
- When slicing, periodically shake and stir the noodles in order to avoid sticking.
- Flour before cooking the dough should be well sifted.
- Shake off any flour remaining on the noodles before boiling.
Pamper your family and friends with delicious homemade noodles.
Step by step recipe photos
1.Note: A blender or combine is used to make this dough. The recipe for the number of ingredients is given for a blender with a bowl volume of 0.5 liters and a capacity of 400 watts. For a combine, the amount can be safely doubled. Dough: Beat egg with water and pour half the mixture into the bowl of the blender. Add flour, pour the remaining barley mixture on top.
2. Using pulsing pressing the blender button for 1-2 minutes, knead the dough. It will gather a lump.
3. Put the dough on the board, knead it with your hands until smooth (2-3 minutes).
4. Roll into a ball. Cover with a salad bowl and leave to rest for 20-30 minutes.
5. Cut a small piece of dough from a piece, lightly sprinkle flour on the board and roll out the dough with a rolling pin on the board, turning the dough over and turning it with different edges. The dough is very obedient and easy to roll. If you have a machine for rolling and cutting pasta, then the process will accelerate by 2-3 times!
6. Sprinkle flour over the dough and rub it on top with the palm of your hand. so that the flour is absorbed and powdered dough well, this is necessary so that the dough does not stick when cutting. Twist the roll and thinly chop the noodles.
7. Loosen it with your hands so that the noodles can be straightened. For freezing, place the noodles in a plastic container with a lid on which a snowflake is drawn. Store in the freezer for 30 days to use for cooking without defrosting.
8. Boil chicken or vegetable broth. It all depends on what kind of soup you want to cook. I love mushroom soup, my husband prefers chicken soup, so I cook both myself and him. When your broth is ready, add noodles in it, add greens.
9. Let boil and immediately remove from heat, so that the noodles do not overcook.
How to make classic homemade noodles
Home-made noodles for soup are even in GOST. True, it consists only of flour not lower than first grade, salt and water. However, if you want really homemade noodles, then make it on eggs. The second prerequisite - it must be abraded steeply. The denser the dough, the more flour there is, the less likely it is that the noodles will “disperse” along the broth in the first half hour after cooking.
So, the classic noodles are:
- glass of water,
- good pinch of salt
- two eggs,
- flour as much as take the dough with a dense batch.
If there is no skill to work with a simple dough, then we recommend to take a bowl and knead the dough in it. But you can do with a simple cutting board.
- Pour flour on it, make a well and put eggs there. Add salt and pour out water. The dough is kneaded from the center with flour being poured along the edges.
- The dough will be steep, very thick, but still continue to knead and gradually add flour. Put the dough as tightly as possible under the bowl for half an hour to make it more pliable for rolling.
- After 30 minutes, you can roll the blank with a rolling pin to the thinnest layer - approximately 1 mm.
- Cutting a sheet of dough on a noodle is easy: you need to sprinkle it with flour, cut into strips and, putting them together in a stack, cut it diagonally.
When cutting it is necessary to flush the sheet with flour. In order for the broth in this connection not to go cloudy, it is recommended that before dipping the noodles into the soup, throw it for a moment in boiling water to wash off the excess flour.
There is another way of cutting.
- Leave a very thin sheet of dough on the table to dry a little, but not to brittleness. It usually takes 10 - 15 minutes.
- Wrap the dried layer on a rolling pin or simply fold the roll.
- Begin to cut the thinnest noodles in diagonally movements.
If you like long noodles, cut straight, if you like small and short noodles, change the direction of the knife.
Finished noodles can be stored in glass or tin containers. To do this, cut the workpiece is dried and put in dry jars.
Delicious egg noodles for soup
Knowing how to make dough for homemade noodles, you can improve it with various additives. For example, interesting colored noodles are obtained by adding beet juice, carrots, and spinach instead of water. Accordingly, the product will be multi-colored and enriched with vitamins.
However, for a classic soup, we advise you to cook noodles on some eggs or even on yolks.
Water is not needed here. The less water, the more “cementing” eggs in the composition, the more dense the noodles will be. It will not limp even the next day after preparation, and the broth will remain light and transparent.
To cook such noodles, you need:
- 1 egg,
- 1 cup flour,
Salt is put to taste. You can make such noodles on some yolks - it will be bright, yellow and tasty. This is especially useful when some proteins are used in baking, and the yolks have no place to “dispose”. Soup with such noodles will be transparent.
Bookmark given for one cooking first course. To immediately do the workpiece for several times, you can increase in proportion all the components threefold. The dough turns out very tight, it is not easy to knead and roll out, for the convenience of rolling, you can add a couple of tablespoons of refined vegetable oil.
As in previous recipes, knead the dough, set aside for half an hour, roll out and cut the noodles.
From choux pastry
Choux dough for noodles is not at all what we do in making pastry dough. There, the task of interfering with the eggs is to achieve voids inside the product. Everything is easier here: unlike simple unleavened dough, the flour is combined with boiling water, that is, it is brewed. Then the whole process goes as usual - kneading, rolling, drying and cutting into strips.
180 g of flour is enough 180 g of boiling water, a small spoonful of salt and 3 tbsp. spoons of vegetable oil. By the way, this set of products can be used when kneading dough in a bread maker. Knead need a quarter of an hour.
There is another interesting way to make custard dough or starch. It comes out supple, elastic, although it will take a little longer than the usual bland.
This dough is made like this.
- In 3 tbsp. spoons of cold water (take from the total) dilute the starch and mix, so that was gruel.
- Boil the rest of the water and add diluted starch. Cool it down.
- Pour two cups of flour in a bowl, add starch paste, butter and salt.
- Knead the dough, gradually filling up the flour so much that the elastic, but at the same time, plastic dough comes out.
- Put it overnight in the fridge. The next day you can work with the dough. It is suitable for both noodles and dumplings or dumplings.
For the test is usually taken:
- flour - 800 g,
- egg - 2 pieces,
- water - 1.5 cups,
- salt - 1 tsp.
The dough is prepared in the usual way, then let it rest under a bowl for about an hour, then proceed to the stretching.
This stretch and distinguishes the Uzbek lagman noodles.
To make it easier to pull, use a solution of soda and salt (0.5 tsp. Of soda and 1 tsp. Of salt per half glass of water). In the solution moisten hands, moisten them and the dough. Pull it into thick strands, moisten, reassemble in a handful, so as to wet it, pull it out again.
The last time, when the dough is already well processed with the solution, it is pulled out with bundles, transferring them to a greased baking sheet. Then again with your hands pull-twist the flagella thick pencil. This is the noodles for lagman, which is boiled in salt water.
Udon noodles - simple recipe
You can make delicious homemade noodles in a traditional oriental way. Udon noodles are part of Japanese dishes, they are added to meat, salads, vegetables, etc., practically without being used as a product in its pure form.
This is noodles without eggs, on the same water, salt and flour. Tenderness and softness gives it a special cutting in the form of elongated threads of rounded or flattened section.
Since udon contains almost no vitamins, we suggest making an enriched version of noodles, using not only fine flour, but also unrefined. It is done this way.
- In a glass of boiling water dissolve 4 tsp. salt.
- In a bowl, mix 150 g of purified and 500 g of unrefined flour.
- Combine the solution with flour. Knead a tight ball, which is placed under the film and rolled with a rolling pin. Leaf folded four times again, go with a rolling pin. This is repeated 5 - 6 times so that the dough becomes even, smooth. After that, roll it back into the ball and send it to a cold place.
- After a few hours to get, roll a layer of 3 mm and, folded three times, cut the roll into thin strips.
Store such noodles in frozen form.
Preparation of dishes step by step with a photo:
To make egg noodles at home, take wheat flour (I have the highest grade), fresh chicken eggs of medium size (45-50 grams each), regular drinking water and salt.
Knead dough for noodles can be both on the table and in a large pot. Sift 400 grams of wheat flour into a bowl (or directly to the desktop) (50 grams are left for puff).
Make a hole in the center and break three chicken eggs into it. Depending on the saturation of the color of the yolk, the color of the finished homemade noodles will vary. I, for example, have homemade eggs, so the noodles turn out to be an appetizing yellow hue.
We mix everything so that the eggs partially combine with the flour. The most convenient way to do this is with a fork, but you can do it directly with your hands - the best way for you.
Now in 80 milliliters of cold drinking water we dissolve 1 teaspoon of salt. It is advisable to take fine grinding (it dissolves faster), but it does not matter.
Pour salt water into a mixture of flour and eggs.
Hands begin to knead the dough - not very long, until the flour is completely wet. It turns out dense, elastic and lumpy - as it should be. Depending on the moisture content of its flour, it may take a little more or less - look at the texture of the bun.
Putting the dough into a bowl. You see how the dough turned out not smooth and not tender. But nothing, time will do its thing.
Cover the ball with a bowl or tie it in a bag (so as not to wind and crust) and leave at room temperature for 30-40 minutes.
After the allotted time, you do not recognize your homemade noodle dough. We knead it for a couple of minutes - it becomes smooth, uniform and much more gentle before the eyes of the cones. However, do not forget that the noodle dough should not be too soft - in texture it resembles a dumpling dough, only tighter.
It is time to make homemade noodles. To do this, we will need to roll the dough into a thin-thin layer. Since working with a huge reservoir is not very convenient, I advise you to cut the bun into 3-4 parts.
By the way, we still have wheat flour. We generously sprinkle the work surface and flatten one piece of dough on it (the rest are closed from airing).
С помощью скалки раскатываем тесто в тонкий пласт, толщиной не более 1-1,5 миллиметров. Не забывайте подпылять тесто и скалку мукой, чтобы не прилипали.
Готовый пласт теста перекладываем на полотенце или бумагу для выпечки, чтобы он немного подсох. Буквально до тех пор, пока не раскатаете остальные кусочки теста - минут на 15. Why do you need to dry layers? The fact is that the just-rolled dough will stick together when sliced, but not when it is dried.
Now we twist the slightly dried layer of dough with a rather dense roll - I cut off the edge so that it can be seen how dense it is.
It remains to cut the roll with a sharp knife with such circles. Depending on the thickness of the croissants, you will get homemade noodles (5-10 millimeters) or even almost spaghetti, if you cut it very, very thin. In addition, when cutting thinly diagonally, you can get vermicelli-gossamer.
So we cut all the dough, and we disentangle the shaybots with our hands and break it, rolling it in flour. Shake off excess. Ready-made noodles are perfectly stored for a long time in an airtight package, but for this you need to twist it in portions and let them dry completely. If you do not dry the dough, then in the package or in the container noodles will simply be covered with mold.
I hope this simple egg noodle recipe will definitely come in handy and you will please your family with a delicious first or second course.
How to cook homemade noodles? Simple: bring salted water or meat (vegetable) broth to boil, lay noodles and cook until ready (about 5-7 minutes after ascent - for dry noodles). Freshly cooked homemade noodles, that is, not dried, boil literally a couple of minutes. Enjoy your meal, my dear!
Homemade Noodles - General Cooking Principles
Most of us are used to buying food in stores. Every day we, without hesitation, take sausages, cheeses, pasta, yoghurts from the shelves, reading the inscriptions on the packages, if we are interested in calories or nutrients. However, most of us prefer not to look at the composition of the product, so as not to be afraid of the impossible amount of E, preservatives and dyes, all sorts of incomprehensible words.
If you are an adherent of healthy and proper nutrition, then you can, without prejudice to the organoleptic feelings, abandon most of the products of industrial production. Replace the sausage with fresh meat, take natural yoghurts, without sugar and dyes, and macaroni is quite possible to cook yourself. Home-made noodles will be an excellent substitute for flour products, because you will know exactly what it is made of.
Homemade Noodles - Preparing Food and Cookware
Noodles home under your hands can take any form - you can cut it into ribbons, squares, triangles, stripes. Do you want - roll out the dough and cut out long rectangles, getting a base for lasagna.
Cooking noodles is a simple matter, not requiring a huge amount of ingredients and strength. You will need these ingredients: flour, egg, salt and water. But the choice of two ingredients must be considered carefully, if you want to get the product tasty and healthy. It is about flour and water. Water should be mineral, not carbonated. This will allow the product to have a smooth, neutral wheat flavor. Since you need very little water, it’s not difficult for you to choose the “right” water.
Regarding the choice of flour, there is no need to purchase the product under the label "top grade". This note indicates that the flour has passed all degrees of processing, has become sterilely clean and useless. Of course, baking will turn out beautiful, snow-white, but will not contain anything useful. Best of all prefer coarse flour. You can choose not only traditional white flour, but, for example, buckwheat or rye flour. Also today sold flour with chopped bran. This ingredient will give the noodles a bit of an unusual taste and gray color, but such pasta will definitely not harm your waist!
The phrase "homemade noodles" means not only pasta, but also noodle soup. In restaurants and canteens such a dish is called “noodle soup”. Following the recipes below, you will learn not only to make "pasta", but also to turn them into a fragrant soup.
Homemade Noodle Recipes:
Recipe 1: Homemade Noodles
The recipe is simple and fast in execution. Follow the step-by-step instructions, and everything will turn out right the first time. Use this recipe if you want to make "thick" pasta and serve them with sauces in pure form.
- Mixer at a fast speed, combine salt, water and egg.
- Pour flour on a clean surface and make a hole. Pour the egg mixture into it.
- Hands knead the dough, turning it into a tight lump.
- Cover the dough with a damp towel or gauze, leave for 35 minutes.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin in a thin layer, previously dividing it into pieces. Cut the layer with a knife into the noodles of the shape that you want.
- Sprinkle flour over the noodles.
Recipe 2: Homemade Noodles
Many housewives believe that the thinner the noodles turn out, the more skillful the craftswoman who made her. Now there are cars that "themselves" roll out the dough and cut the noodles, but following this recipe, you will not need anything except your hands and a sharp knife. Unlike the previous recipe, there is almost no water or just one tablespoon. Note that this is not a cool dough will be more difficult to knead, but the result is worth it. The resulting homemade noodles are ideal for soups.
- As in the previous recipe, pour a pile of flour on a clean tabletop, making a recess inside.
- Mixer, beat the egg with salt and add water.
- Put the egg in the flour, knead the soft dough with your hands.
- Cover the resulting dough with wet gauze and leave to rest for 35 minutes.
- From a lump of dough, pinch off a piece of fist. Roll it into a circle with a diameter of at least twenty centimeters.
- Cut the circle in half and roll out further, turning the half into circles. Lay the resulting layers on a floured table and let them dry slightly.
- After 10 minutes, you can slice the dough into noodles. If you don’t rush, you will get a real cobweb!
Recipe 3: Homemade Chicken Noodles (Soup)
Home-made noodle soup is most often cooked in chicken broth. A dish, though simple, but equally loved by both children and adults. We recommend you take chicken legs to make the soup more nourishing, golden in color. If you follow the calories, it is better to take the fillet.
- Homemade thin noodles - 1 handful
- Chicken fillet - 1 piece
- Potato - 1 piece
- Onions and carrots for frying
- Put the boiled chicken fillet. It is best to cut it into pieces.
- Peel and chop the potatoes. As soon as the water boils, remove the “noise” and put the potatoes in a saucepan.
- Cook the frying of vegetables. Add to the soup and make less fire. After 10 minutes, the soup will be ready.
- 2 minutes until cooked add noodles to the soup.
Recipe 4: home-made noodles with mushrooms
Excellent hearty main dish, which can be prepared for lunch or at the festive table. For this dish, it is best to cut noodles with a long tape about a centimeter wide.
- Homemade noodles - 200 gr.
- Fresh champignon mushrooms - 240 gr.
- Onion - 1 piece
- Sour cream - 250 ml
- Sunflower oil
- Fresh parsley
- Put the boiled noodles.
- Prepare the mushroom sauce. To do this, wash the mushrooms well and chop finely. Onions also finely chop.
- Fry the onions in a saucepan with hot oil, then add the chopped mushrooms to it. Stew vegetables for 10 minutes until all moisture evaporates, then salt and add sour cream.
- Close the lid and let the mixture stew under the lid for another 7 minutes.
- Flip the finished noodles in a colander, then lay out a portion, watering the sauce on top. Decorate the dish with chopped herbs.
Recipe 5: Homemade Noodles with Meat Sauce
This dish will remind pasta “Bolognese”, it only “sounds” much more home-made. For minced meat is best to take lean meat, such as beef. Noodles should be cut not with a spider web, but with a wide (8-10 mm each) tape. Decorate the finished dish with fresh basil leaves.
- Homemade noodles - 300 gr.
- Minced meat mince - 150 gr.
- Tomato paste - 60 gr.
- Onion - 1 piece
- Mince the onion and mince.
- Grease a hot frying pan with oil and put fry mince. Stir for 10 minutes, stirring with a spatula, until it turns brownish. The stuffing should not stick together in clumps.
- Add to the minced pasta, mix, cover and simmer on low heat for 7 minutes.
- Boil homemade noodles. When it is ready, arrange in plates and pour over the meat sauce.
Recipe 6: Home-made Noodles with Cherry Syrup
A great breakfast idea would be sweet homemade noodles. That's just to cook it best from wholemeal flour, otherwise you will get just "unhealthy" carbohydrate, and also sugar sugar.
To prepare syrup instead of cherry, you can choose any berry.
- Homemade Noodles - 220 gr.
- Cherry - 200 gr.
- Citric acid - ½ tsp.
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Prepare a cherry syrup. To do this, wash the berries, remove the bones from them. Grind the berries through a sieve.
- Put the cherry mass in an enamel pan, sprinkle with half the prepared sugar. Turn on the heat and slowly stir with a spoon. When the mixture starts to gurgle, pour about 150 ml of water. Add sugar and citric acid. Boil the cherry mixture for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Boil the noodles, fold the product into a colander, then add the cherry syrup and mix.