It is suitable for decorating cakes, cakes, donuts or muffins.
Make a white icing from powdered sugar, egg white or chocolate, and a snow-white outfit is provided to your sweet dish.
Consider the most common recipes for making white glaze for a wide variety of confectionery products.
White glaze - the general principles of cooking
For the preparation of white glaze always use powdered sugar.
It must be sifted through a fine sieve.
Proteins are separated from eggs and whipped until a homogeneous white foam is obtained.
Instead of powdered sugar, you can use sugar.
The whipped mixture is heated over low heat, stirring continuously.
White icing for cake "Classic"
To prepare the glaze in the classical way, you only need water and powdered sugar.
• One cup of caster sugar,
• Four table. spoons of water.
Sugar powder is sifted and poured into a small dipper or saucepan. Put the dishes on a slow fire and gradually add warm water. The mixture is heated to thickening, stirring all the time. When the mixture reaches a certain density and malleability - the icing is ready.
White icing for cake “Oil”
If you add butter or margarine to the glaze, and water is replaced with milk, it will be whiter and more dense in color.
• One cup of caster sugar,
• 150 grams of margarine or butter,
• Two tables. spoons of milk.
Sifted icing sugar is transferred to deep dishes. The milk is heated and poured into a bowl with powder in a gradual small stream. In the process, the mass is well stirred. Margarine or butter is melted in a metal dish and poured into the glaze when thickened. The resulting mixture is thoroughly mixed until homogeneous.
White icing for chocolate cake
You can make the icing using white chocolate. Add vanilla and fudge will get fragrant.
• 150 grams of white chocolate,
• 5 table. spoons of whole milk,
• 150 grams of butter,
• Salt on the tip of a knife
• Two tables. spoons of sugar
• Half a teaspoon of vanilla.
White chocolate must be broken into sticks. Butter is cut into pieces, put in a saucepan or deep bowl and put in a water bath. The melting mixture is stirred until it becomes a thick homogeneous mass. Then add salt, sugar and vanilla sugar, pour milk. All carefully stirred and after a few minutes, the glaze is removed from the water bath and left to cool. To do this, a bowl with the mixture can be put in a container with cold water. The cooled mass of chocolate for five to ten minutes, beat with a broom, blender or mixer at a slow speed. When the icing began to fall behind the spoon, it is ready.
White Mint glaze
This type of glaze is suitable for sand and cottage cheese baking. It looks original, pleasant to the taste.
• Four table. spoons of sour cream (better than homemade),
• 50 grams of powdered sugar,
• Half a teaspoon of mint syrup.
Sour cream and powdered sugar are mixed in a small bowl or bowl. Put on a slow fire and bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Cook on slow gas for five to seven minutes, at the end add mint syrup. All is well mixed and removed from the stove. Prepared glaze immediately applied to the surface of the baked goods. Mint glaze dries within an hour.
White icing for cake and cake
Frosting is an indispensable decoration when baking Easter cakes or muffins with raisins. Salt and lemon juice will not allow the glaze to drain from your ruddy flour products.
• One cup of caster sugar,
• One egg white,
• One teaspoon of lemon juice.
Protein is separated from the yolk, lemon juice is added and whipped until a dense air mass is obtained. Gradually pour powdered sugar, continue to beat. So that the white icing does not form stains, add a little salt at the end of the whipping.
Cake with white icing "Summer Kiss"
Who does not like cakes? There probably will not be. White icing, berries and crunchy cakes, isn't it a real treat? Cook a cake with fresh berries. It is ideal for both tea and dessert wines.
• 400 grams of high-grade flour,
• 250 grams of butter,
• 8 table. Spoons of cold water
• One glass of sour milk,
• Half Chin. spoons of salt
• One chicken egg.
• 400 grams of butter,
• Two glasses of red currant,
• Two glasses of black currant,
• Two glasses of sugar.
For the glaze:
• 300 grams of powdered sugar,
• One table. spoon of hot water.
To make puff pastry dough for cake, margarine or butter is chopped with flour until smooth, gradually adding water and stirring. Then the dough is rolled out with sausage and cut into six pieces. Roll out each piece, put on a baking sheet and bake in the oven. Flap on top of prick with a fork in several places.
In order to prepare the cream, melt the butter and beat. Currant fray with sugar (red currant separately from the black) and add the resulting berry syrup to the oil. All mix thoroughly. To prepare the glaze, powdered sugar is mixed with hot water and ground to a smooth mass.
The finished cakes are smeared with cream so that a layer of red currant, a layer of black currant, etc. turns out. From above, the cake is poured over with cooked white icing and put in the fridge for three hours.
Cakes with white icing "Royal Feast"
Frosting is also used to make delicious cakes. Add walnuts or cedar nuts to the fudge, they will give the baking a delicious taste.
• One glass of starch,
• One can of condensed milk,
• Two chicken eggs,
• Half Chin. spoons of soda,
• Salt on the tip of the knife.
For the glaze:
• One white chocolate bar,
• 100 grams of walnuts.
In a pan pour condensed milk, two eggs, add salt and soda. Thoroughly stir, gradually pour all the starch, pour the dough into the form, filling them one third. Bake in the oven at medium temperature. To make a glaze, white chocolate is melted and mixed with crushed walnuts. Ready-made cakes poured over white icing.
Cakes with white icing "Raspberry Mystery"
Cakes - always a great way out, to meet unexpected guests, simply to surprise old friends or come up with a treat for the festive table.
• One glass of flour,
• 150 grams of oil,
• One glass of sugar
• One tea. spoon of soda, hydrated vinegar.
• 200 grams of mashed raspberry and blackberry,
• One and a half cup of cream,
• 15 grams of gelatin.
For the glaze:
• 250 grams of powdered sugar,
• 50 grams of milk powder,
• 25 grams of starch,
• Two egg whites.
Beat eggs with sugar, add softened butter, soda, flour. Bake three biscuit cakes and cool them. To prepare the filling, gelatin is left for one hour in cold water, then dissolved in hot raspberry puree. The mixture is cooled to a temperature of 15-20 degrees and mixed with whipped cream. Each layer of biscuit cover ready jelly. To prepare the glaze in a homogeneous powder, powdered milk, powder and starch are mixed. Biscuit cut into pieces in the form of "handkerchiefs" and on top cover each cake with icing. Fresh raspberries or blackberries are placed on them.
"Oysters" with white icing
You can make the most delicious oysters from rich yeast dough. Dip them in freshly glazed glaze, dry and enjoy your homemade baked product.
• Two glasses of milk,
• 200 grams of butter,
• 8 table. spoons of sugar
• 60 grams of yeast,
• Two chicken eggs,
• Salt - at the tip of the knife.
For the glaze:
• 50 grams of butter,
• Two tables. spoons of sugar
• Three table. cocoa spoons.
Knead the dough in the basic recipe of yeast dough. When it comes up a second time, it is laid out on a cutting board, greased with vegetable oil. Then it is divided into 30-40 parts and each is rolled into rectangular layers of 10x10 cm. Each of them are lubricated with melted butter. Poppy mixed with honey and put a thin layer on all the squares. After that roll up into rolls and put on a greased baking sheet. After 10-15 minutes, put in a hot oven. Bake thirty to forty minutes.
While oysters are baked, they are engaged in the preparation of the glaze. Milk is mixed with sugar, egg and cocoa, whipped and put on a slow fire. When boils, boil for another 10-15 minutes, stirring continuously. Then cool a little and beat with butter. Glaze is ready. Oysters are removed one by one from the baking sheet, dipped in the glaze with the upper side and put on a dry cutting board until the glaze is cooled. Then laid on a beautiful dish and served with tea.
Donuts in white glaze
Homemade donuts, cooked in deep fat, pour the snow-white glaze. The secret of their preparation is that the deep-fat fryer should be heated sufficiently well, but at the same time the oil should not be too hot. In this case, the product will burn, and the middle will remain raw. Before lowering the product into the fat with a soft brush, it is necessary to clean the flour from it so that the frying fat is not contaminated.
• 500 grams of milk
• 200 grams of butter,
• 300-350 grams of flour,
• 600-700 grams of vegetable oil.
For the glaze:
• 100 grams of granulated sugar
• 120-150 grams of milk,
Milk is boiled with butter, add flour and stir. When the mass becomes homogeneous, it is cooled, after which one egg is added, without ceasing to interfere. In a saucepan, heat the vegetable oil, dip a spoon in it, take a little dough and dip it in boiling fat. Finished donuts are removed with a slotted spoon and spread on parchment paper.
While donuts cool, cook the icing. To do this, pour sugar in hot milk and stir until it dissolves. Then put this mixture on high heat and bring to a boil, then reduce the fire and boil the glaze to readiness. A few minutes before the end of cooking add vanillin. Remove the glaze from the heat and beat until a white foam is formed. Sweet on the consistency should resemble sour cream. The cooled donuts are dipped in the icing and spread on the dish. Before serving, donuts can be sprinkled with grated chocolate.
White glaze - tips and tricks
• The glaze is applied to the finished flour products with a cooking brush immediately after cooking, as it dries very quickly.
• If the icing has dried before you put it on baking, heat the fudge on the gas or in the microwave.
• Remember that cold protein is whipped faster than room temperature.
• If the icing does not thicken for a long time, put the dishes with it on the ice cubes.
• To speed up the thickening process and the density of the glaze, use freshly squeezed lemon juice.
• To avoid glare, cook it in non-stick cookware.
• If you do not plan to treat children with cooked flour products, add a little rum to the glaze.
• Apply decorative topping on the glaze immediately before it has dried.
To make such a coating for a cake or any other delicacy is easy even for a beginner. Of the necessary ingredients, only two:
- water - 100 g,
- powdered sugar - 400 g
Combine the ingredients and, while stirring, bring to a boil. Allow to boil for a few minutes until the mass thickens. After that, it is ready for use. Apply to the confectionery products such a mass should be immediately, as it quickly hardens. But if you did not have time to finish the work, and the paste froze, heat it up on low heat or in a microwave oven at low power.
Another simple and budget option. All you need is 1 protein and 1.5 tbsp. powdered sugar. Ingredients need to be mixed, then using a blender or mixer, beat up to a thick and viscous state. If desired, you can pour a little lemon juice.
Putting the mass on baking is best with a silicone spatula or knife.
To implement this simple recipe, you will need:
- powder - 400 g,
- milk - 50 ml,
- butter - 300 g
Sugar powder should be put in a bowl and gradually pouring warm milk, mix thoroughly. Melt the butter over low heat and also add to the mass. Knead until a state of uniformity.
If you are looking for a more refined option, then you should try to make a coating of white chocolate. It will not only add a special touch of taste to your culinary creation, but also create a beautiful shiny surface.
- chocolate - 200 g,
- milk - 2 tablespoons,
- powder - 200 g
Smash tiles into small pieces and melt in a water bath. Pour 1 tbsp of milk into the powder and mix with chocolate. Stir and cook until the paste thickens. After that, add the rest of the milk and beat well with a mixer.
Sour cream and butter will help to diversify such a recipe.
Delight your guests with delicious homemade cakes, decorated with white icing, and you will definitely not be left without a word of praise. Enjoy your meal!
How to melt chocolate for making glaze
As in many recipes, in the preparation of the glaze from this main ingredient has its own tricks that should be considered and used to achieve the desired result. Before making white chocolate icing, it is necessary to melt it properly. Not everyone gets it at the first attempts. But knowing all the subtleties, you will succeed and get the necessary consistency.
When melting white tiles you need to take into account the temperature, it will be slightly different from that used to heat the dark type of dessert. The fact is that the white content of cocoa butter in the white form of this dessert is quite low, and in some of its varieties it may not be at all. Properly selected temperature will help to get the same melting of the entire product.
Here is the sequence to carry out the process of heating white chocolate:
- select two tanks of different diameter
- pour water into one and put it on fire
- put a broken white chocolate bar in a smaller bowl,
- at one time do not drown more than 250 g of the main product,
- warm up the water tank but do not boil it, reduce the heat to maximum,
- place the container with the main ingredient in a bowl of water,
- stir constantly
- Ensure that no water or condensation gets into the main product bowl,
- also be attentive to the temperature regime (the water in the bowl should not boil).
Using these simple techniques, you can easily melt the main ingredient, and at the same time achieve the desired consistency.
Another little secret - for making fudge, do not use a porous type of dessert. It is produced by a slightly different technology, there is a lot of air in it and the consistency will be quite liquid, not suitable for glaze.
White chocolate icing: a classic recipe with photos
The icing for white chocolate cake, a classic recipe of which is presented below, is designed for a product up to 23 cm in diameter. If necessary, the components can be enlarged to the required quantity, but remember that it is possible to heat no more than 250 g at a time, therefore, for confectionery products of larger diameter, it may be necessary to make glaze several times.
The necessary components for the glaze of white chocolate (recipe with photos, see below):
- chocolate bar,
- milk - 2 tbsp. l.,
- powdered sugar 175 g
While your main component is heated in a water bath, stir the icing sugar and milk.
After achieving homogeneity of the chocolate, add the diluted sugar-milk mass to it.
Stir thoroughly until you achieve a uniform, thick consistency. Here you can use a mixer or blender.
Rules on how to coat a cake with white chocolate icing and dye
If you do not know how to cover the cake with white chocolate icing, then follow these simple rules:
- your pastry should not be warm otherwise the fudge will just flow,
- the glaze itself is applied still warm, but not hot,
- For even application, you can use a pastry shovel, knife or a simple spoon.
If you wish, you can add favorite spices (cinnamon, cloves, vanilla) to this classic recipe. You can also include other components. Coconut, sesame and poppy goes well with the taste of white chocolate.
If you add a little food coloring to this recipe, you will get an interesting solution for decorating your product. It is impossible to achieve this by preparing fudge from a bitter tile of the main component. This white chocolate icing with dye is the perfect solution for decorating cookies or muffins. In this case, the sweet mass can be divided into several parts and make it in different shades. Такая цветная глазурь из белого шоколада на ваших изделиях будет смотреться не только красиво, весело, но и аппетитно.
Глазурь из белого шоколада с маслом для подтеков
Chocolate icing with white chocolate with the addition of butter will provide a denser mass. Most of the cooking option is to mix 125 g of the main ingredient with butter in the amount of 50 g and plums (3 tbsp.). All of these components are simultaneously placed in a bowl (chocolate is broken into small pieces) and heated in a water bath with constant stirring. Readiness is determined when all components have melted, and you have a homogeneous mass. Do not worry if the hot glaze looks thin. In this case, butter and cream play the role of a thickener, the mass will become more dense during solidification. Apply it in a warm condition. Just such a white chocolate glaze recipe is good for smudges that can be created on the sides of your dessert. It looks very beautiful and unusual, such a decision in decorating pastry always looks advantageous.
Another recipe for chocolate icing made from white chocolate for a cake with the addition of butter and other ingredients. It will require:
- 1 tile of the main ingredient
- powdered sugar - 1 tbsp.,
- butter - 50 g,
- fat milk 2 tbsp.,
- starch - 1 tbsp. l
The last component can be both potato and corn, choose it at your discretion. The process of making such fudge is slightly different from the classic. To begin with, milk and sugar are diluted in containers, which are heated over low heat until they are completely dissolved.
A portioned white chocolate bar and butter are added to the milky liquid, and the bowl is placed in a water bath. Stir constantly, until a homogeneous consistency is obtained.
Starch is separately diluted in a small amount of cold milk and poured into fudge. Everything is brought to the desired thickness, and the product can be removed from the water bath.
As a result, you get fudge quite viscous. Therefore, this recipe can be used to decorate products with complex relief forms, to create all the same smudges. If, after solidification, the fudge remains sticky, then it can be coated on top with powder or ground nuts, which will keep the shape.
How to make colored white chocolate frosting with honey for cake
If you make such colored glaze from white chocolate (with the help of food dyes), then it can be the perfect solution in the decoration of almost any baking.
Possible and the method of cooking chocolate-butter fudge with honey. For this purpose, 100 g of the main component is etched in the bath, 30 g of the next is introduced. oils and milk (4 tbsp. l.). After thoroughly mixing all these components, enter into the mass 2 tbsp. spoons of honey. Stir until the last ingredient dissolves and remove from heat.
Cooking mirror icing for white chocolate cake (with video)
Mirror glaze made of white chocolate for the cake will make even the most simple in the recipe dessert deliciously beautiful. You will need the following components:
- 180 g of the main ingredient
- as much sugar
- gelatin 20g
- sugar syrup 180g,
- water 80 g,
- condensed milk 120 g
- two spoons of white dye.
Such a mirror glaze of white chocolate with gelatin is prepared in stages, without the use of a water bath. If desired, a dye of a different color than white can be added to the recipe and get the desired shade of fudge.
First, dilute the gelatin in cold water and leave for 20 minutes to swell. Next, mix it with white dye and syrup. Put on the fire and bring to a boil, leave for 3 minutes and stir.
The second stage is the mixing of condensed milk with grated white chocolate. Next, combine both masses and stir using a mixer. If you want to get colored icing for white chocolate cake, then add a little bit of necessary dye at the end and whisk again. Pour the resulting fudge your culinary masterpiece.
See another way to make white chocolate mirror glaze on video:
Glaze for eclairs and cake pops made of white chocolate: quick recipes
Below are other possible quick-cooking glaze recipes for your confectionery, where the main ingredient is white chocolate.
- At 75 g of white chocolate, you must take 250 ml of condensed milk. The recipe also includes a pinch of salt and a little vanilla sugar for flavor. All components are placed in a bowl and, with constant stirring, are brought to a homogeneous mass. Keep on fire for about 10 minutes and then remove from heat. Let cool and can be coated with your culinary masterpieces. Ideal such glaze for eclairs. Made from white chocolate, it goes well with butter cream and slightly salty dough of the cake itself.
- For the next recipe of fudge you will need 400 grams. main component 4 tbsp. l milk (high fat), 320 g of sugar. To make it, melt chocolate, mix sugar with milk, and combine the two masses. On fire with constant stirring, you must keep until the fudge becomes thick consistency.
- But for white chocolate cake pop glaze, it is enough to melt the main ingredient in the required quantity, add a little butter there. Holding fudge in a water bath just dip cake pops into it and leave to dry. If desired, the mass can be divided into several parts and add other components (ground nuts, poppy seeds, sesame, etc.) or dyes. This will make each candy in its own amazing.
As you can see, there are many recipes for making white chocolate glaze. Whichever of the presented recipes you choose, be sure that your dessert, decorated with such fudge, will look appetizing and unusual.
Classic recipe and its variants
To begin, consider the basic recipe for making glaze. As part of the classic recipe:
- Vegetable oil - 6 g.
- Sugar or icing sugar - 150 g.
- Milk - 20 g
- Potato starch - 10 g
If you need to prepare a cake with white icing, then you will not have to add any additional components, but if you want to make it in any color, then you should add 1 drop of food coloring to the composition. In more detail about how to make white glaze and color options, you will learn further in the article.
To achieve the desired result, buy finely ground powdered sugar. If you have a coffee grinder at home, you can make it yourself. Start by combining the dry ingredients. Mix in a bowl of starch and icing sugar. Then gradually pour the milk into the dry mixture, while constantly stirring the contents of the bowl. The proportion of milk is not accurate, as the result depends on the quality of the powder. You may need an additional 2-3 g of milk. With the help of such manipulations, you will get a thick gruel. Milk can be replaced with orange juice. After that, the composition should be added vegetable oil. Bring to readiness in a water bath. The composition should not boil.
In order to make the icing for the cake get the desired shade, you can add food helium dyes to it. Some cooks use natural supplements. If you are inclined to use artificial colors, neat and do not overdo it. If the mastic is done as in the proportion indicated in the article, then for painting it is necessary to add 1 drop of the coloring matter. To achieve the best result, the dye can be dripped onto a spoon and from there you can add the necessary amount of pigment to the mastic.
If you are a supporter of natural dyes, then you can get the juice from fruits and vegetables, for example, cherry, carrot, beet, orange and tinctures of mint tea and saffron. So you can achieve ivory, green, pink, yellow to cover pies and other goodies.
Chocolate icing on milk
Another delicious irrigation option for the cake is done on milk. To prepare you will need:
- 4 tsp. cocoa.
- 50 g butter.
- 6 tsp. powdered sugar or sugar.
- 6 tsp. milk 3.2% fat.
How to cook the icing? Done This is in 3 steps:
- Pour sugar and cocoa into a bowl, mix, and then add warm milk to the dry mixture.
- The container is placed on a slow fire and boiled until the sugar is completely dissolved and milk froth is formed. In the process of cooking you need to continuously mix the mixture so that it does not burn to the bottom.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and cool it. Slightly warm mastic can be poured over delicate and delicious cakes, as well as cakes. After solidification, watering will turn into a chocolate crisp.
On sour cream or cream
A simple glaze recipe will help save a lot of time on baking. We suggest you to get acquainted with a simple recipe, which consists of only 4 ingredients. You will need:
- 3 tbsp. l cocoa.
- 3 tbsp. l Sahara.
- 50 g butter.
- 2 tbsp. l sour cream.
You need to mix all the ingredients except butter, and boil them. To do this, put the container with the ingredients on low heat, stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Sour cream and cocoa can be replaced with cream and chocolate. After that add oil, wait for it to dissolve and remove from heat. Simple delicious icing is ready, after it cools, you can decorate the cake.
On condensed milk
Who does not like sweets sweet condensed milk? Did you know that on the basis of this sweet delicacy can be made delicious mastic for cakes? We offer you a classic recipe. To do this you need the following components:
- 4 tsp. cocoa powder.
- 1 can of condensed milk.
- 1 dessert spoon of butter (62-72.5% fat).
So, proceed to cooking.
- Mix the condensed milk and cocoa in a deep bowl in the proportions indicated. Well, if there is a pan with a non-stick bottom.
- Condensed milk with cocoa should be mixed well, and then put stews on a very small fire. After a slight warm-up, you can add a few slices of chocolate to the mass. As a result, the mixture should boil and boil for about one minute, during this process it is necessary to interfere constantly.
- Remove the mastic from the stove, let the mixture cool.
- Then oil (cream) is added to it and kneaded to a uniform consistency. Now is the time to make cakes with icing.
Protein mastic is mainly prepared in order to decorate sweets. So, for the preparation of protein white glaze, you will need:
- 0.5 cup of sugar.
- Egg white with 1 chicken egg.
- 0.5 cups of water.
Cooking technology is as follows:
- Pour water and sugar into the container in the proportion set out above. Stir the composition with a spoon and cook over low heat until the water is evaporated. You should have a thick syrup.
- Whip the protein until frothy.
- After the syrup has cooled, gradually pour a thin stream into the protein mass syrup. The process of whipping should be continued until a homogeneous mass. A portion of the glaze can be increased as needed.
Before you make the icing, which includes starch, I want to immediately notice that this ingredient can be added to any of the above recipes, if the mastic does not become thicker, and despite the correctness of compliance with the proportions, it remains liquid. So, this recipe includes:
- 3 tbsp. l cocoa.
- Potato or corn starch - 1 tbsp. l
- 3 tbsp. l boiled chilled water.
- 4 tbsp. l sugar or powdered sugar.
The process of making the glaze with your own hands consists of the following steps:
- Pour dry ingredients into the container: cocoa, sugar, starch.
- Mix everything with a wooden spoon and add water, preferably pre-chilled in the refrigerator.
- Knead this mass until smooth.
For the glaze is best to use ice water. The advantage of the recipe is that to glaze the cake, you do not have to cook the watering. And fast cooking is another plus in favor of this cooking technique.
If you are not allergic to honey, you can use it as the main component for making cake irrigation, which will be a mild conclusion after the meal. So, you need to prepare these ingredients:
- 1 tbsp. l honey
- 2 tsp. cocoa.
- 40 g chocolate.
- 1 tbsp. l coconut milk.
- 50 g butter.
1. Grate the chocolate. To prepare the glaze, rub the chocolate on the grater
2. In a separate container, mix the sifted cocoa, coconut milk and honey, and then add chocolate to this texture. Honey we can use to make the glaze
3. Constantly stirring the composition cook it on low heat. Boil it until it becomes homogeneous and thick. Cook the icing with honey and coconut milk, stirring constantly
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Then add butter and whisk or whisk or blender / mixer.
Transparent mirror glaze on pectin
Neutral glaze requires preliminary preparation of elementary components. The speed and ease of the process allows you to assign this recipe to the category of "in a hurry."
Of course, transparent glaze on gelatin is simple. The quality is due to the fact that the composition of other glazes is diluted with dyes or other sweet ingredients, such as condensed milk, chocolate, dyes, for example.
- Pectin - 10 grams.
- Sugar - 265 grams.
- Water - 250 grams.
- Glucose - 20 grams.
Put a saucepan with 200 grams of water on the stove, add glucose or honey. Heat the syrup to 70 degrees.
Mix pectin with sugar and inject into a common container with water brought to the optimum temperature.
Ingredients stir and boil until boiling. After the start of the boil, the glaze should be boiled for a couple more minutes for the pectin to work and remove from the stove.
Culinary preparation to cool in an open saucepan.
Pour the cooled sweetness into another bowl. After a few minutes, strain through a sieve to remove the film formed during the cooking process and store in the cold for 24 hours.
Before sending to the refrigerator, cover the container with the finished glaze with food-grade polyethylene.
Neutral glaze on gelatin
Recently prepared a recipe for neutral icing for a festive cake. Syrup was made on gelatin, so the top layer turned out to be an independent, working delicious decorative snap of dessert. Neutral glaze, made according to this process, is in the top 10 most popular mirror glaze recipes.
- Glucose syrup - 150 grams.
- Water - 75 ml. + 60 ml. for gelatin.
- Granulated sugar - 150 grams.
- Gelatin - 12 grams.
Soak gelatin in cold water, leave to swell.
In a skillet mix sugar, water, glucose syrup.
Mix the swollen gelatin thoroughly.
The composition, while stirring, bring to a boil and add the prepared gelatinous mass. All mix, strain, cool.
In the refrigerator, neutral glaze is aged for 24 hours.
Having decided to refine the dessert in this way, you need to remember: a cake or other pastry should be decorated in a cold state, otherwise the glaze will acquire other properties and form unpleasant bubbles along the edges of the product.
Vanilla icing, as a subspecies transparent, is no less popular and is prepared by many housewives with pleasure. So that at the exit of the recipe to get a fragrant mass, 1 gram of vanillin is introduced into a saucepan with boiling syrup and gelatin. Here the main thing is not to overdo it, because the main property of confectionery powder is a specific bitterness, so if you add it twice as much as the amount, you can spoil the taste of the future product.
Recipe for honey cake with confectioner's icing not from books
I suggest you cook a delicious, unforgettable air cake "Honey Delight", please do not confuse it with honey cake! Decorating the dessert will be an exotic icing from Pierre Ermet.
I want to note right away, dear lovers of sweets, - I haven’t cooked such an unusual cake yet!
Firstly it was interesting to mix soda with honey on the fire, secondly its excellent taste exceeded my expectations, and the dough turned out fluffy like fluff and tasty! This method of mixing accidentally caught me on the Internet, I want to share it with you, be sure to try to cook and maybe this honey cake (not honey cake!) Will be one of the favorites in your cooking book.
- 3 eggs.
- 0.5 cup of sugar.
- 1 cup flour.
- 4 spoons of honey.
- 1 teaspoon soda.
- 1 egg.
- 1 cup of sugar.
- Half a liter of milk.
- Half a cup of flour.
- 200 grams of plums. oils.
- Vanillin - on the tip of a knife.
- Water - 1000 ml.
- Citruses (orange, lemon) - 0.15 kg each. for every fruit.
- Vanilla Bourbon - a piece of pod.
- Granulated sugar - 0.4 kg.
- Pectin - 0.04 kg.
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp. l
- Fresh mint leaves - 1 tsp.
Let us examine the whole cooking process by points:
- Beat all eggs (chilled) in a strong foam.
At this time, take a pot with a thick bottom and heat the honey in it. There is one feature here - honey should not boil! When bubbles appear on the surface, add soda to it and stir until the foam turns a light caramel color.
- Add 1 tablespoon of foam to the mixer, where the eggs are whipped with sugar.
Sift the flour in small portions, continuing to beat.
Pour out the parchment into the form, pour the dough into a round shape and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes. By the way, the form should be covered with foil on top, I did not do it, perhaps for this reason, the cake sunk a little from the bottom, but it didn’t worsen its taste, since I removed the unnecessary with a knife.
Разрезаем торт на 2 или 3 части острым ножом. Все ура, теперь дайте нашему торту несколько часов отдохнуть, накройте его.
Сделать крем, мне кажется, для этого бисквита подходит заварной крем, только не забудьте пропитку. Для этого я использовала сахар, лимон и воду, так что все гениальное – просто!
Заварной крем делать так:
Mix 1 egg with 1 cup of sugar, add half a liter of milk and half a glass of flour, whisk lightly with a whisk and place on a stove, on a slow fire. While stirring continuously, add vanilla sugar or vanilla a little, when the cream thickens, you need to continue to beat, removing from the heat.
To the already cooled cream, add a little whipped butter, beat again. In the cream went 200 grams of butter.
For lovers of baked milk, you can make cream of condensed milk. To prepare the floor, pack the butter in a soft form and beat it with a jar of boiled condensed milk.
Decorated the cake with an experimental method: an exotic icing from Pierre Ermet. It turned out just Belissimo! The recipe for such neutral glaze is below.
Citrus free from skin. This can be done easily by applying a peeler.
Add the zest to 4/5 vanilla pod in a saucepan. All fill the purified filter with water. Content warmed up to 50 degrees.
Sugar, pectin mix and boil without two minutes 5.
After 3 minutes, remove everything from the stove and, adding lemon juice with mint, insist half an hour. Push the confectionery liquid through the sieve.
After cooling, the icing transparent for the cake should be infused in the cold for at least a day. After cooking the cake should be soaked in the refrigerator. During this time, the glaze will ripen to such an extent that you can work with it. Use powdered nuts or chocolate chips to sprinkle the finished confectionery sweets.
Colored icing tricks and helpful tips
Most housewives who once made neutral glaze with colored dyes continue to decorate their culinary masterpieces in this way to this day. First of all, everything turns out beautifully, secondly - nobly framed pastries are perfect for any festive feast.
- So that at the exit glazed cakes or a cake turn out really beautiful, neat, without smudges, it is important to ensure the condition. Its essence lies in the creation of a perfectly smooth surface for the pastry. Only this way the icing will form a uniform layer and will really decorate the cake, and not create the appearance of a glossy finish.
- For external smoothness, it is necessary to lubricate the pastries before icing with seedless jam. Its counterpart in the form of jam will make it much better. It will fill all defects and imperfections of the product. Already after curing, the coating is made of glaze.
- There are situations when the consistency of the glaze does not meet the standards: it is liquid or too thick. Correct the situation can be, if you type in the appropriate components Sugar is suitable for rare glaze, and water for thick glaze. Dilute the glaze with these ingredients and you can consider the problem solved.
- When using the Dr. Etker glaze, it may be necessary to adjust the final product. The consistency of the composition is often heterogeneous. To solve the problem, use the above advice.
- Experienced housewives know how to glaze cakes with colored icing. For example, it is very convenient to do this with the help of a cooking brush. This is very convenient when small pieces of paper are covered: cakes, muffins, cookies, gingerbread, etc.
- For colored glaze, you can use different food colors. These are dyes, sweet syrups, fruit juices.
Cheesecake with colored glaze
Freeze 375 grams of butter and rub into a container. To him add flour of the highest grade, about three glasses. Mix all.
Into the total composition enter a dry, fatty curd mass (320 grams) and knead non-sticky dough.
Table lay a culinary parchment. Roll out the curd blank on it. The thickness of the reservoir is important to regulate, so as not to break. In the dough, make circles of arbitrary size and sprinkle over the brown sugar. Mugs fold in half and again sprinkle with sugar.
Lay the cover with parchment and spread out the cookies. Oven in the oven at a temperature of 178 degrees. Finished products folded on a serving dish to cool. In the meantime, you need to make a beautiful snap for cookies. For such a recipe is suitable fruit color glaze.
Ingredients for the glaze:
- Raspberry juice or other berries - 0.5 liters.
- Granulated sugar - 0.65 kg.
Berry to choose a sieve. Take a juicer and make nectar without stones and skins.
Boil the fruit liquid with half a kilogram of sugar until syrup is obtained.
Transfer the glaze to a glass container and cool slightly. It is important to remember that as the frost freezes, it will acquire a thick texture, so take a moment to cover the cookies.
Yogurt cake with colored icing
For such a cake, you can use the icing, mixed with fresh juice of any fruits and berries, to taste. Some housewives make a choice in favor of those components that are present in yogurt.
- Flour - 0.4 kg.
- Fruit yoghurt - 0.5 l.
- Sugar - 0.5 kg.
- Egg - 2 pcs.
- Baking Powder - 1 pack.
Nectar of berries or fruits (optional), semolina, sugar.
Mix flour, baking powder, eggs, sugar. Gradually pour in the yogurt to form a batter.
Heat resistant container smear vegetable fat and pour the dough. Baking cake a quarter of an hour at 175 degrees.
While baking is suitable, cook the icing.
For this juicer make nectar from fruits or berries. Add sugar to the liquid and bring to a boil over medium heat. For density after syrup formation, a tablespoon of semolina is introduced into the glaze. If instead of semolina you use gelatin, dry it beforehand soak it in water. Gelatinous mass is placed in a hot syrup. All components are mixed to form a gelatinous mass.
Frosting insist in the refrigerator for 24 hours before application. The cake itself should also be cooled.
Orange skewers with citrus colored icing
For a light dessert, you need to take the ingredients:
- Wheat flour - 1.5 tbsp.
- Sahara - 1.5 Art.
- Butter - 0.1 kg.
- Milk - 0.15 ml.
- Juice of one lemon.
- Citrus zest - 3 tbsp. l
- Baking powder - 1 pack.
- Salts - 1 pinch.
Glaze: sugar, currant juice, melted skins of citrus, gelatin.
Mix one and a half cups of flour, sugar, a packet of baking powder and softened butter. Mix the composition into a crumb. Pour the mixture with milk, lemon juice. Stir again and add chopped zest. Knead the elastic dough.
Make a dough in the form of a rectangle and divide it into six square parts. Take one of the rectangles, cut diagonally so as to form triangular shapes. Each triangle is divided into two. So deal with all the squares.
Heat-resistant bowl to attach cooking paper, spread triangular scones, sent to the oven.
Cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
For glaze from 1 kg. currant squeeze nectar, enter 60 grams of zest, 0.25 kg. Sahara.
The composition is boiled down and, in boiling water, we lay the swollen gelatin. Cook a couple more minutes. After the icing has “matured” for several hours in the refrigerator, it can be decorated with scones.
Homemade peanuts in colored glaze
- Ground nut - 0.5 kg.
- Eggs protein part - 1 pc.
- Sugar powder - 0.2 kg.
- Lemon juice - 20 ml.
- Dye table - to choose from.
To be ready nuts they need to overcook. Do not pour oil into the saucepan, but make nuts on a dry surface.
Protein part of one egg to release from fibrous inclusions and flagella.
Sieve the icing sugar with a strainer and mix with protein.
Take a little lemon juice and add to the rest of the ingredients. Mix with a mixer in the "fast" mode for two or three minutes.
At the end of the composition knead dye.
Put a colander on the deep form. Cover the bottom with peanuts. Top it with hot glaze and, shaking the contents a little, to achieve an even distribution and simultaneous solidification of the sweet coating.
Creamy colored glaze
Some housewives love to cook creamy colored glaze, the most suitable for coating Easter cakes, muffins, muffins.
- 0.5 kg of sugar.
- Fatty cream - 1 small pack.
- Butter - 20 gr.
- Vanilla syrup.
- Food coloring.
Creamy fatty product is mixed in one container with butter. The components are heated to dissolve the oil.
After a couple of minutes, add sugar and a gram of vanillin syrup.
The resulting billet under the glaze float in the combine to dense density. At the end, enter a little dye or color syrup from the berries.
Ingredients for the glaze take arbitrarily, based on what baking will be decorated. So, if you plan to bake cupcakes, you need to consider what the size and volume of the molds will be.
Every time, discovering something new from the category of culinary delights, do not forget to look at the ways of cooking on various Internet pages. So, by adding something of your own, you can create a unique recipe that will go down in a family cookbook, as traditional and unique.
In stories with transparent, colored, fruit glazes, you can create without limiting yourself to fantasies. Do not be afraid to experiment with food dyes and various syrups, because from this your culinary masterpiece will become better and tastier. In the end, I want to give advice: never use those products that can quickly deteriorate, otherwise the result will be generally unsatisfactory, and baking is not tasty.
In the culinary books you can find an uncountable number of different recipes for white icing for the cake. At home, it is made from egg whites, cottage cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, chocolate and powdered sugar. Professional pastry chefs do not hide their secrets and are ready to share them with novice hostesses.
So, to get high-quality and tasty white glaze, you need not only to comply with all the proportions indicated in the recipe, but also to take into account some features:
- The room should not be dust and small particles of dirt, as they can settle on the product, because of what it will get off-white shade.
- For the preparation of the glaze can be used as fresh egg whites, and dry.
- It quickly sets and hardens, after which it changes the liquid consistency to a more dense one. Therefore, the decoration should be applied to baking in the form of heat.
- To improve the consistency, you can add lemon juice to the icing, but it is important not to overdo it, since this component can make it too brittle.
- If you overdo it with powdered sugar, you can get a heavy glaze unpleasant gray.
- To prevent the finished product from drying out, it can be covered with a damp cloth or poured into a pastry bag.
- If the glaze is badly whipped, then it is recommended to add egg white. If the product is too liquid, an additional portion of powdered sugar will correct the situation.
These tips will help novice hostesses on the first attempt to get the desired consistency of icing. Among the recipes of this product you need to choose the one that meets the taste preferences of the culinary specialist and his family.
Today, grocery stores and supermarkets offer a wide selection of different dry mixes for glazes and creams. It is enough to dilute them with water or milk, after which you can cover the baked goods with the finished product. However, many housewives still prefer to prepare the glaze on their own, the benefit among the many recipes you can always find the right one.
Classic with egg whites
According to the classic recipe, glaze is made from powdered sugar and egg whites. This is the easiest and most affordable way to decorate the finished baking. A similar product covers cakes, pies, muffins, gingerbread, as well as peasant women and Easter cakes.
The number of ingredients can be changed depending on how much glaze is required, the main thing is to keep the proportions. Since it is made from raw proteins, baking with such a decoration is not recommended for small children.
- egg whites - 2 pieces,
- icing sugar - 450 g,
- lemon juice - 1 tsp.
It is not necessary to have special knowledge in cooking, so that the icing of this recipe is good. It can be whipped with a whisk, but still it is recommended to use a mixer or blender, so it will go faster.
To get white glaze from egg whites, you need to follow this algorithm:
- Using a sieve or fine gauze, powdered sugar is sifted to make it homogeneous and get rid of lumps.
- Proteins are separated from the yolks and cooled well.
- Gradually, powder is poured into them (in small portions) and whipped with a mixer at high speed for about 7–10 minutes.
When the product becomes white in color and becomes fluffy and homogeneous, add a little lemon juice and beat it for another minute. After that, the icing can be considered ready and used to decorate the dessert. With the help of food dyes, individual portions of the cream are often painted in different colors and draw all sorts of patterns and inscriptions on a white background.
Choux for gingerbread and cakes
Egg whites are also made from egg whites; they are great for decorating gingerbread and Easter cakes. Since the product undergoes heat treatment, it is not dangerous to give it to children.
To prepare you need to buy:
- fresh eggs - 3 pieces,
- granulated sugar - 270 g,
- icing sugar - 150 g,
- citric acid - at the tip of a knife,
- water - 100 ml.
All products are prepared on the list and proceed to cooking the sweet glaze. This is done based on the following instructions:
- Sugar and powder are poured into a saucepan with thick walls, poured with water, add a small pinch of citric acid and placed on low heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, remove the foam and boil for 8–10 minutes.
- Egg whites are whipped in a dense foam using a mixer. The mass should increase by 5-6 times.
- The syrup is checked for readiness by dropping it in cold water. If the drop immediately grabs and forms a ball, elastic and tight to the touch, then the syrup is ready, if not, then boil it for another 2−3 minutes.
- Beat the egg mass, gradually pouring into it the ready syrup in a thin stream.
- Mixing the two components continue for about 20−30 minutes.
The readiness of the glaze is checked with a spoon, it draws patterns on the surface of the product and see how it behaves. If the picture does not spread, it means that the decoration for baking can be used as intended.
The recipe for sweet syrup will definitely come in handy later, because it can be cooked not only as a component of the glaze, but also for impregnating the cake layers.
People have a thick cream to cover the cakes called glaze, but in fact the product of melted chocolate is correctly called ganache. The first French began to cook it in the XIX century. The main thing in creating such a cream is to melt white chocolate correctly.
- chocolate - 1 tile (100 g),
- butter - 100 g,
- milk - 4 tablespoons,
- sugar or powder - 1-2 tablespoons,
- salt and vanilla - on the tip of a knife.
The process of making white chocolate icing for a cake or cupcake is quite simple. The main thing is to follow the rules and do not forget to check with the step-by-step guide during the work:
- Chocolate and butter are divided into small pieces, poured into a small container and placed in a pan with hot water.
- Stir gently until the slices are completely dissolved, forming a smooth and smooth mass.
- Salt, vanillin and sugar are dissolved in the milk, after which it is poured in a thin stream into the melted chocolate and mixed well with a silicone spatula.
- The mixture is removed from the water bath and whipped with a blender or mixer until it becomes fluffy and airy.
Ganache should be applied to baked goods before it gets cold. Otherwise, the cream will harden and it will be difficult to distribute it across the cake layers. Chocolate lovers will appreciate the cake with this decoration.
Some housewives complain that white chocolate is very difficult to melt, and after mixing with milk and butter it forms lumps, because of which the resulting mass is not like a smooth and smooth cream. In this case, you can use a win-win version of the preparation of ganache using heat treatment and a minimum number of products.
On this icing will require only:
- white chocolate - 200 g,
- 30% fatty cream - 200 ml.
The cream is poured into a saucepan and brought to a boil over medium heat, the gas is reduced to a minimum and the chocolate pieces are poured into the boiling liquid. Ganache constantly stir with a spatula so that it does not burn until the chocolate slices dissolve and the glaze takes on a uniform appearance.
The finished cream is cooled in the refrigerator and spread over the surface of the cake. It can also be used to coat the cakes.
Another recipe using white chocolate. In this case, it turns out not simple glaze, but glacier - a mirror coating for festive cakes. It will give baking an unusual look and will definitely surprise all the guests.
- white chocolate - 200 g,
- condensed milk - 170 g
- gelatin - 15 g,
- sugar - 150 g,
- glucose - 150 ml,
- water - 180 ml.
Even novice confectioners can make a glacier. It is quite simply distributed over the cake layers, forming an almost transparent, smooth surface. In such a glaze, you can add a few drops of gel dye.
- Gelatin is poured with 70 milliliters of water and left for 30 minutes to swell.
- В кастрюлю вливают оставшуюся воду, а также глюкозу и соединяют с сахарным песком. Массу доводят до кипения, убавляют огонь и помешивая, варят 2−3 минуты.
- Сироп снимают с плиты, закидывают измельчённый шоколад и ждут, пока он не растает.
- Вливают набухший желатин и сгущённое молоко и хорошо взбивают массу до однородного состояния.
- Смесь пропускают через сито и остужают до 40 градусов.
- At this stage, dyes are added to the glaze or discarded from them and a white smooth surface is obtained.
- The finished glaze is applied to the cake and placed in the refrigerator until it solidifies.
Any icing is designed to make pastries beautiful and festive. But if chocolate coatings are of quite high cost, then any hostess can afford a gloss based on sugar syrup, even with the most modest budget.
To make a shiny white glaze, you need only 400 grams of sugar and 150 ml of pure water. Sugar and water are placed in a saucepan, then put on a quiet fire and boil until the ingredients turn into a thick, light mass. She immediately cover the pastries and wait for the icing to grab. After cooling, it will turn into a brilliant white coating.
Sour cream coating
Another simple recipe suggests cooking a sweet mix of sour cream. It turns out very pleasant to the taste and is great for covering honey, mannics and cupcakes for children.
Ingredients for sour cream glaze:
- sour cream - 8 tablespoons,
- sugar - 8 tbsp. spoons
- white chocolate - 150 g,
- butter - 200 g
Before you begin to create a cream, you need to choose a good sour cream. It should have a fat content of at least 20% and be of high quality, since the taste of the dessert depends on this ingredient.
Stepwise cooking algorithm:
- Sour cream is placed in a saucepan and mixed with sugar.
- Chopped chocolate and butter, cut into pieces, are added to the mixture.
- The saucepan is placed on medium heat and the mass is cooked for 5-6 minutes after the start of boiling.
- The cream is well mixed, cooled and used for its intended purpose.
This recipe offers to create a sweet glaze with an unusual taste, with which you can decorate any baked goods, as well as make it festive and appetizing.
Fans of dairy products can make a good pouring from cottage cheese. Curd glaze will have to be the way, if you want to lubricate the top of the cheesecake or cake of cottage cheese.
- cottage cheese - 200 g,
- powdered sugar - 450 g,
- butter - 100 g
This cream is well combined with berry and fruit products and desserts. BUT It is prepared very easily and quickly according to the following instructions:
- Cottage cheese or purchased with high fat content fray through a sieve twice.
- It is made with soft butter, powder and beat well.
- The mass is placed in a food processor and whipped to air condition. Also for these purposes you can use a blender and mixer.
- Glaze is ready!
The coating is applied to the top cake and spread over the entire surface of the cake. It should be noted that such glaze is distributed very easily and quickly. It also has a delicate and soft texture, and some housewives add vanilla and cinnamon to the product to give it an extra flavor.
Cooking white glaze does not require much time and money. It is suitable for decorating baking, as it can be used not only as a smooth coating, but also for making patterns and even figures using a pastry bag or special stencils.