Owners of cats know how unpleasant, stroking his beloved animal, to detect scales of dandruff on his skin. The cat's body is designed so that new cells are constantly being developed and old cells are being dumped. This process is invisible to humans, since its speed is very small. But if the cycle is accelerated for some reason, the owner begins to notice dandruff in the cat. The fur is clogged and looks very messy, so the owner needs to take action.
Sometimes the external presence of scales may be accompanied by the excitement of the cat: it scratches and bites itself. In this case, you need to reduce the animal to the veterinarian, so that it excludes possible diseases and fungal lesions. Depending on the number and location of the nature of dandruff may be localized or generalized, if it is located throughout the body.
When dandruff occurs in a cat, the reasons must be considered in a complex. Most often, it appears on the back, although it can be found on any part of the body. Dandruff can be any color: there are white, yellow, brown and black flakes. The size can also be any. Sometimes cells are rejected by whole plates, which can be both dry and greasy. If the flakes stick together, a crust forms.
What can cause dandruff?
Any problem with the pet's skin indicates that there is something wrong with the functioning of the internal organs. In order not to start a situation, it is necessary to regularly comb the cat's hair and monitor its condition. In the case when the shine is gone or it is excessively disheveled, it is better to show the pet to the veterinarian. If dandruff develops in a cat, the reasons for this may be completely different. Experts identify the main ones:
- Wrong and unbalanced nutrition.
- Lack of vitamins.
- Allergies to certain foods or feed. Chemical reactions that are in commercial feeds can cause a reaction.
- Irritation caused by the use of cosmetics.
- Parasites settled on the skin of a cat.
- Bacterial diseases.
- Hormonal disorders and other imbalances in the body.
- Violations of the organs of the intestinal tract and failure in the functioning of metabolic processes.
- Nervous loads or stressful situations.
- Frequent contact of wool with water.
- Improper combing and insufficient care of the coat.
- Lack of vegetable oil.
- Overweight in an animal.
- Sometimes dandruff in cats may appear when excessive dryness occurs in the room. As a rule, it is accompanied by cracks on the pads.
After analyzing the reasons, you need to eliminate all possible and observe whether dandruff disappears. If the white flakes still appear, you should show the animal to the vet.
What to do
In no case should we leave the problem without attention. If it is impossible to identify the cause, it is necessary to make a biochemical analysis of blood and to scrap the skin. In the case when dandruff in a cat appears again and again, it is useful to carry out antiparasitic treatment. First of all, veterinarians are advised to hold a standard set of activities.
Pay attention to food
Chemical additives and preservatives in commercial feeds can cause various skin problems. Proper diet and high quality foods tend to help get rid of dandruff. For 4-6 weeks the pet should eat only homemade food. When the diet is over, you need to choose commercial food with great responsibility.
If a cat has dandruff, you should add vitamin A and fatty acids to its diet. You can give your pet special vitamins, which will appoint a veterinarian. They will help relieve inflammation of the skin and make the coat shiny. You can offer a cat 1-2 tsp. per day of vegetable oil. Polyunsaturated acids are sold at the pharmacy, and there is also a complex of vitamins available for purchase.
When the animal's body is weakened, it is useful for him to use immunostimulating and immunomodulating drugs. Assigning them yourself is not worth it, it is better to consult a specialist.
Change the usual ways of care
Often the question: "The cat has dandruff. What to do? ”Greatly worries the owners and causes them concern. Sometimes it is enough to simply abandon the usual means to care for wool or change them to others. During treatment, you must abandon the hair dryer, as hot air can worsen the skin condition.
Owners of cats who are faced with such a problem, must necessarily conduct antiparasitic treatment and make sure that the room is not too dry. If necessary, it makes sense to install a humidifier. Regular shampoo is better to change to the one that is designed to remove dandruff.
Dandruff or fungus?
Trying to determine the reason why the cat has dandruff on the back, you need to know that the defeat by parasites can be accompanied by the appearance of scales on the skin. This is due to the release of toxins that cause irritation. In addition, the cat's hair does not look the best way: it rolls down and climbs in separate areas.
The reaction to the vital activity of parasites can manifest itself not only as an itch, but also in the form of dandruff. Cats rub against walls and other surfaces, and the desiccated areas disappear by themselves. But the final diagnosis can only be made by a veterinarian after an examination.
If a month has passed, but the dandruff has not disappeared, there is no point in further drawing, you should consult a doctor. He will determine why dandruff appeared in the cat, treatment will prescribe an effective treatment that will help get rid of the problem.
Grooming and the environment
It is very important to properly comb the cat. This should be done regularly. Daily massaging the skin with a brush or a special comb stimulates the growth of wool. Also during combing improves blood circulation, which has a beneficial effect on skin health.
The pet owner needs to establish whether the habitual environment of the cat has changed. She may have a new bedding or toilet litter. It is necessary to establish what can be an allergic reaction in an animal. It is more expedient to transfer the pet temporarily to another room, perhaps irritation causes something that cannot be removed.
Well help to get rid of the problem of care products containing salicylic acid or zinc. You can use burdock or olive oil. It must be rubbed into the skin of the animal before bathing. After several treatments, itching and scales will disappear.
A day later, you need to rinse the cat infusion series, brewing three spoons per liter of boiling water. You can moisten a cotton pad and wipe your pet's skin.
In order not to disturb dandruff in a cat, it is necessary to carry out preventive measures. The room should always have an appropriate level of humidity, as well as free water for the animal.
Do not bathe your pet in very hot water. But a comfortable bath will help the body to preserve moisture.
In cats, the skin is constantly updated. The top layer of the skin exfoliates and peels off, and white flakes remain on the skin. This is a completely normal process. But it passes into an abnormal stage, when the cat begins to have severe itching and hair loss, resulting in balding occur, and red spots appear on the skin. This means that the peeling process occurs too quickly, the skin does not have time to regenerate. This phenomenon is no longer a normal reaction, but the first signs of a cat's illness.
Types of dandruff
There are two types of the disease:
- Dry Flaked flakes resemble white fine flour, spread throughout the hair and easily otkrykryvayutsya from the skin of a cat.
- Oily. Cat hair always looks dirty and greasy.
Causes of illness
The reasons why dandruff appears in cats can be very different and unexpected. The normal functioning of the sebaceous glands is impaired due to:
- malnutrition or dietary changes, lack of vitamins A and B,
- lack of regular bathing and hygiene or hygiene;
- regular stress and abuse. People first shout at the cats, beat them, not counting their strength, and then wonder why the cat dander went all over his back. Even such factors can significantly undermine the health of the cat,
- dry indoor air or too humid
- the influence of fungi, parasites, worms (this explains why the cat has dandruff near the tail), insects living on the cat's hair, fleas and ticks. Ringworm can also be the reason why cats have dandruff on the back does not take long,
- skin diseases (dermatitis, folliculitis),
- problems with the endocrine system. Disorders in the thyroid gland affect the hormonal balance of the cat's body,
- disruption of the liver,
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract,
- changes in the excretory system,
- allergic to drugs for household chemicals,
- problems in the musculoskeletal system.
How to start treatment?
In white cats, it is much more difficult to determine seborrhea than in dark-haired cats. Therefore, the owners of such animals need to be especially attentive to the health of their pets. Treatment of dandruff in a cat does not begin with independent actions, but with a trip to a veterinary clinic. Only a doctor can tell you what caused dandruff and how to deal with it. If the problem is in allergic reactions, then you need to eliminate the main source of the allergen.
If there is a malfunction of the internal organs, the doctor will surely tell you to do a blood and urine test, a hormonal test, skin scraping, crops from the nose and throat.
In case of such diseases, the doctor prescribes a complex therapy for the treatment of a sick organ or the whole system, and also prescribes the cleaning effects of the disease. For example, the owner needs to buy special pills to settle the sebaceous glands. In the complex with the treatment are shampoos that promote the removal of dandruff, ointments, eliminating fungi, parasites, bacteria and relieves inflammation.
Prevention measures - 10 simple rules
It is better to prevent the disease than to spend time, effort and money on its treatment. Preventing dandruff in a cat is a fairly simple procedure that only requires:
- Monitor the proper nutrition of the cat.
- Regularly, but moderately carry out the procedure of swimming. Once a month will be quite enough. Do not bathe the cat in very hot water.
- Adjust the temperature and humidity in the room.
- Every day, comb the cat's hair with a comb with fine teeth.
- Do not offend the cat, do not beat him and other family members do not allow to do so.
- Provide a cat a good living and recreation.
- Do not leave your cat for a long time.
- Avoid close contact of your cat with street animals.
- Do not allow the cat's body to survive dehydration. Water should always be close to the animal.
- Watch the time spent in the sun in the hot season. The effect of ultraviolet radiation can adversely affect the skin of a cat.
Domestic cats are completely dependent on the person. Do not aggravate their already short life with bad diseases. Treat your pets in time!
What does this look like?
Dandruff in cats looks almost the same as in humans. It represents light scales or so-called "flakes", which are most often localized either directly on the skin surface or in the hair at the root parts.
Zones of lesions can also be any. So, dandruff can be found on the back, neck, near the tail, on the head and in other areas. And in some cases, it literally covers the entire body, forcing the pet owner to be very upset.
In some cases, other symptoms are added to the symptom, such as redness, hair loss (local or generalized, that is, spreading to the whole body), discomfort, itching, changes in the behavior of the pet (aggression, irritability or, conversely, apathy, depression) , loss of appetite, digestive problems, and so on. Symptoms will depend on exactly what caused the problems.
What may appear?
Dandruff in a cat can occur suddenly, and the causes of its appearance are many and varied. Consider some of them:
- Improper nutrition. The products that the cat uses, most directly affect its appearance: teeth, hair, claws and, of course, the skin. And if the diet lacks some nutrients, then this can lead to increased flaking of the skin, which, in turn, will cause keratinization of cells and dandruff.
- Metabolic disorders (for example, in diabetes mellitus, hypothyroidism) can also cause disruptions in the functioning of skin cells. So, they can begin to die off too quickly and form horny scales.
- Various infections. Their pathogens often feed on the cells of the epithelium, which often causes increased desquamation and other disorders affecting the epidermis. So if dandruff is accompanied by itching, it is most likely that pathogenic microorganisms live on the skin.
- Wrong care. Different symptoms of personal hygiene can lead to the appearance of such a symptom: inadequate washing, use of overly aggressive agents that cause flaking, coarsening and irritation, insufficient or inadequate washing off of the washing particles (they can dry out on the surface of the skin and form crusts for dandruff) as well as the use of improperly selected products.
- Avitaminosis or hypervitaminosis. Dandruff can occur as a result of the lack of certain minerals and vitamins, and because of their excess.
- Allergic reactions can also manifest themselves in the form of increased peeling of the skin and dandruff. And if it is strong, probably contact allergy, that is, the allergens directly affect the skin.
- Unfavourable conditions. So, if the air is excessively dry, it can affect the condition of the skin, as well as the functioning of the sebaceous glands.
- Exposure to ultraviolet radiation. If a cat walks and spends a lot of time in the sun, then its rays can also provoke accelerated dying off of epidermal cells.
- Wrong haircut. If a machine is used in such a procedure, it can irritate the skin or even damage them, to which they can also respond with peeling and the appearance of scales.
The following measures are possible:
- If a specialist on the surface of the skin found parasites, he may recommend a local remedy, which may include insecticidal or antiparasitic substances that cause the death of infectious agents. These are “Advantage”, aversectin ointment, “Lawyer”, “Front Line”, “Doctor” and others. They are available in the form of drops on the withers, sprays, ointments, creams and shampoos.
- In severe parasitic infections, broad-spectrum antiparasitic drugs are usually prescribed by veterinarians, for example, Oritzin, Ivomek.
- Provide your pet with proper care. First, find the right product. It is best to use a mild shampoo. Secondly, do not bathe the cat too often, it can disrupt the natural balance of the skin. Third, rinse the detergent composition thoroughly. Fourth, remove dirt in a timely manner, that is, perform bathing procedures as needed. And do not forget to comb your pet to remove wool that has fallen out after shedding, as well as horny particles. And finally, trim the animal correctly.
- Treatment should include a review and proper preparation of the diet. It should include a variety of foods rich in minerals, vitamins, macro-and micronutrients. Especially important are vitamin A, which is responsible for the condition of the skin, as well as omega-3 fatty acids. Offer your pet dairy products, fish, lean meat, vegetables. Or purchase specialized quality food.
- Find out if your pet is allergic. Analyze the situation and try to remember after what events dandruff appeared. This may have happened after changing the shampoo or washing the litter. On the advice of a veterinarian, you can give the cat an antihistamine to stop unpleasant symptoms.
- If there are any diseases, they should be cured.
- Provide optimal conditions for the cat: moisten the air and avoid excessive exposure to ultraviolet radiation.
Let such a problem never touch your pet.
Causes of dandruff
В глубинных слоях кожного покрова располагаются сальные железы, которые выделяют кожное сало, или по-другому себум. Себум осуществляет защитную функцию, покрывая кожу и каждый волосок легчайшей защитной пленкой. Перхоть же представляет собой отслоившиеся чешуйки старой омертвевшей кожи вперемешку с кожным салом.
Dandruff is exfoliated particles of dead skin.
With natural processes, these scales are extremely small, and they exfoliate consistently and imperceptibly. The appearance of a large amount of dandruff indicates negative changes in the body of the pet, which can not be ignored.
This aesthetic ailment may be due to a number of reasons, both internal and external.
The external factors of dandruff include:
- Fungal infections. Any skin pathology that is fungal in nature leads to excessive detachment of skin scales. One of the common causes of dandruff in cats is ringworm.
- Parasites. The active vital activity of fleas and ticks contributes to the disruption of the sebaceous glands, and the skin begins to exfoliate excessively. As a rule, this process is accompanied by redness and irritation of the skin.
- Sunburn. Intense exposure to ultraviolet rays can dry out the top layer of the epidermis of the skin, which leads to the formation of dandruff.
- Ecological factors. Changes in humidity and ambient temperature affect the condition of the skin and can cause dryness, which is fraught with dandruff.
- Poor hygiene, improper or excessive care, unsanitary conditions in the pet's place of residence can also be a cause for the appearance of dandruff.
Internal causes of dandruff
Internal factors include:
- Disruptions in the hormonal system. The thyroid gland is responsible for the functioning of lipid metabolism and acts as a regulator of sebum production. Violations in this system can lead to dandruff.
Dandruff may indicate the presence of internal diseases.
Treatment of dandruff in cats
If you find dandruff in the cat should contact the veterinarian, who will identify the root causes of the disease and select the best method of treatment. First of all, a specialist will collect anamnesis: transferred diseases, pet activity, tools used for bathing and getting rid of parasites, etc.
If the cat has dandruff, the vet will scrape the skin.
After that, a test will be conducted to determine the quality of seborrhea and several tests (blood biochemistry, KLA, hormone analysis, skin scraping and cytology, skin biopsy, culture on the nutrient medium and detection of the pathogen).
If the diagnosis does not reveal chronic diseases, then the first thing to get rid of dandruff will be assigned to change the diet and cosmetic means. The cat menu should say goodbye to fatty foods and sweet foods, and be enriched with sources of vitamin A and group B.
An important role in the normalization of metabolic processes is played by the essential fatty amino acids Omega-3 and Omega-6 - they affect the health of the skin and wool.
To normalize the sebaceous glands, the veterinarian will prescribe special dermatological dandruff shampoos for cats. They will not only exfoliate dead skin cells, but also perform antifungal and antibacterial function. Shampoos of the brands SynergyLabs Veterinary Formula Antiseptic & Antifungal, Doctor and Beaphar Anti Dandruff have proven themselves in the veterinary drugs market.
If the formation of dandruff is due to the presence of a fungal disease or parasites, then the first step to successful recovery will be taking antifungal and antiparasitic agents.
Dandruff is treated with regular shampooing with special shampoos.
Medicinal sprays can also be used to treat dandruff. For example, Tropiclean Oxy-Med spray is used when the first signs of itching and dandruff occur.
The components that make up this drug are excellent in combating inflammatory elements, stop flaking of flakes, regenerate the skin, relieve itching and swelling, normalize the activity of the sebaceous glands and improve the skin’s defenses.
Broths of calendula, nettle and burdock root can help in the fight against seborrhea in the home. After bathing, the animal's hair is rinsed with such decoction, which contributes to the speedy relief of the problem.
Systematically, the cat must be carefully combed with a brush from natural material, thereby stimulating the growth of strong hair and improved blood circulation under it.
Attention. Sometimes cat owners notice not only dandruff, but also the fact that wool is actively crawling. This is one of the consequences of late treatment of dandruff, which consists in stopping the supply of oxygen to the hair follicles, and as a result of dullness and breakage of hair.
To prevent dandruff, you should follow some rules:
- daily hygiene procedures (cleaning and combing wool),
- proper and balanced nutrition
- minimization of excessive thermal effects on the animal,
- humidification of indoor air (especially during the heating period),
- selection of quality bathing shampoos,
- prevention of possible stress with sedatives,
- fight with parasites in wool.
In the video, the vet explains why cats get dandruff and how to handle it.
What to do if you find dandruff in your pet
If you have excluded the above reasons (unsuitable pet skin and hair care products, dry air in the apartment, etc.), but dandruff still remains, contact your veterinarian. After the examination, he will prescribe the necessary tests, make or correct the diagnosis and select the drugs. Self-diagnosis and self-treatment of the animal should not be engaged, so as not to worsen the condition of the pet.
There are several products in the AVZ product range:
- zoo shampoo "Forest" It is produced separately for cats and dogs, contains natural medicinal extracts of birch, nettle, succession,
- zoo shampoo «Gentle" for cats and kittens, as well as dogs and puppies is composed of aloe vera, provitamin B5 and allantoin. Suitable for frequent use
- shampoo series Elite Professional includes professional cosmetics for dogs and cats: moisturizers, hypoallergenic, deeply cleansing shampoos, balms, sprays and much more,
- sulfur for animals in powder serves as a nutritional supplement to help normalize metabolism, improve the condition of the skin and hair of pets. Consult with a veterinarian before administering to the diet.
Shampoos are applied in a small amount on a damp coat, foaming and thoroughly washed with clean water. Before using cosmetics and food supplements, carefully read the instructions.
What is dandruff in cats?
Causes of dandruff in cats can be different. Its appearance can provoke both external and internal factors. To get started is to find out what constitutes this dermatological disorder. In the skin there are sebaceous glands, secreting a secret, which forms a microscopic coating on a smooth surface and coat. The sebum layer performs a protective function. When skin regeneration is within the normal range, flaking off of keratinized scales occurs constantly, but in an amount imperceptible to the human eye. As soon as the exfoliation becomes apparent, you should pay attention to the health of the animal.
Dandruff in a cat. Causes and treatment
Insufficient or improper care, dry air in the room, violations of the sanitary standards of the animal, infection with fungi and parasites are external factors. But they can provoke dandruff on the cat on the back. The most common causes of peeling is just the last option. If parasites are present, toxins that are activated as a result of excretion of waste products are irritants of the skin. Of course, the conditions in which the pet is located depend on the owners, and it is in their power to make the environment comfortable without much difficulty.
Monitor the cleanliness of the surfaces where the cat is, and the entire housing as a whole, is very easy to maintain the hygiene of the sanitary zone. After all, it is easier to prevent illness than to deal with its consequences, such as, for example, dandruff in cats. The causes, diseases that provoke its appearance, can be very different. These include: a violation of the gastrointestinal tract and the excretory system of the body, changes in the hormonal background of the animal, allergic manifestations due to medication, the presence of stress, hyper-or hypovitaminosis, violation of the feeding regimen. For example, even the introduction of a new product into the diet can cause dandruff in a cat. The causes and treatment to determine the owner of the animal alone is almost impossible. It is better to show the pet to the veterinarian, who, above all, will ask many questions about the conditions of detention, the means of care and the detailed diet of the cat.
How to help?
The owner should not despair if he revealed dandruff on the back of a cat. How to help your pet? First you need to carefully examine the animal in good light, pay special attention to the affected area. If the bites of fleas, ticks and other insect parasites are detected, it is necessary to first conduct an antiseptic treatment of these sites. After a time the skin flushing should subside and the symptom disappear. If this does not happen, you should definitely visit a veterinary clinic specialist.
What you need to tell the doctor?
During the consultation and examination of a healthy animal, the owner must ask the following questions:
1. What products should the cat's diet consist of?
2. How many meals per day is enough for normal life?
3. What food supplements and vitamins, and in what cases should be given to an animal?
4. On which composition to pay attention when buying tools for washing and care of a pet?
5. How often can a cat be washed?
You should also ask about possible periods of hormonal surges and methods of their regulation.
At the reception at the veterinarian in order to detect the causes of dandruff, the cat’s living conditions, dietary habits, diseases that had to be transferred, behavioral characteristics, the literal name of care products, medicines or vitamins that were used should be described in detail.
Cat Dandruff - Causes
Dandruff is exfoliated flakes of the upper layer of the skin. Its single manifestations may go unnoticed, but when dandruff becomes widespread, it is already an alarming signal, and may be a reaction to external factors (dry air, frequent bathing, improper care) or a symptom of various diseases:
- External factors of dandruff appearance:
- fungus - after contact with the pet's skin, it causes detrimental processes in its cells and their subsequent detachment,
- skin parasites - ticks, fleas, jaws and other insects and their metabolic products often cause skin irritation, death of its upper epithelium, itching, desquamation of dead skin cells,
- sunburn - An overabundance of ultraviolet causes active die-off of epithelial cells and the appearance of dandruff, mainly in the back area.
- Internal causes of dandruff in cats:
- metabolic disease - may occur due to improper diet, nutrition imbalance, lack of minerals and vitamins, fatty acids,
- allergy - when an allergen (pollen, drug, feed, care products, etc.) gets into the body, dandruff is often observed as one of the manifestations of an allergic reaction,
- gastrointestinal tract diseases, urinary system, failure in the hormonal system, stress, problems with thyroid, excess weight - all this can manifest itself in the form of dandruff (among other symptoms).
In order to accurately determine the cause and prescribe treatment, the veterinarian of the clinic prescribes an analysis of cat dander (scraping, skin cytology), as well as a number of other studies:
- complete blood count and biochemistry
- skin biopsy
- sowing on a nutrient medium to identify a fungus or bacteria.
- hormone analysis.
White cat dander
Dandruff often has a white or slightly yellowish tint. It may be dry or oily. It is possible to determine this more precisely by simply passing a hand against the animal's fur: if the dandruff is crumbling, like flour, it is dry. Oily seborrhea looks like glued together areas of wool on the back and behind the cat's ears, in general, there is a greasy state of wool. Hand movement does not shake off such dandruff - it remains under your nails when scratching the cat. The reason why the cat dandruff in the coat in this case can be an allergy, internal disturbances and sunburn.
Black dandruff in cats
If the cat has black dandruff, it indicates the presence of parasites, fungus or acne (acne and blackheads). For a more accurate definition of acne, you need to make sure that the black scales are not signs of vital activity (feces) of parasites. To do this, examine the skin of the animal - eels firmly "sit" inside the pores and they can not be blown off. As a rule, they are localized in the chin and corners of the lips.
Traces of fleas and eaters are visible throughout the cat's “fur coat” and they are not blown away. If you see that acne is located not only on the face, but also on the hips, around the anus, on the elbows, and between the fingers, be sure to consult a veterinary doctor. Especially, when they are already seen not easy as separate points, and a scattering of crusts and comedones.
Dandruff on the back of a cat
Here are the main reasons why a cat has dandruff on its back:
- Microsporia, that is, a fungus infection of a certain species of Microsporum. A disease more commonly known as ringworm. Very contagious, transmitted by direct contact of a sick animal with a healthy one.
- Sunburn. Dying off of skin cells in this case occurs mainly in the back.
- Overweight and obesity. For a fat cat, the back becomes an inaccessible place, and caring for it becomes almost impossible.
Cat has dandruff at the tail
The back of the body of the animal (croup, loin, root of the tail) are the areas with the highest concentration of sebaceous glands. Here, seborrhea is manifested earlier than in other parts of the body. It becomes especially noticeable if the cat has diseases of the musculoskeletal system or excess weight, which makes it difficult to care in hard-to-reach places near the tail. The main reasons why a cat dandruff is localized at the tail is an unhealthy diet, the presence of worms, a deep stage of microsporia, and ringworm (a fungal disease).
Wandering cat dander
Dandruff in cats, causes and treatment can be much more unpleasant and difficult. For example, when it is caused by cheiliterla subcutaneous mite. This parasitic disease is caused by one of the tick subspecies: Cheyletiella blakei, Cheyletiella yasguri or Cheyletiella parasitivorax. The peculiarity of dandruff in this case is its stirring, which is why it got its name (wandering). The reason for this phenomenon - the movement of mites under the scales.
The reason why a cat has dandruff is due to the active activity of the subcutaneous mites. Irritation appears on the skin, mainly along the back. Itching begins to bother, hair loss and dandruff are observed, sometimes the cat's skin is thickened. Often you may not notice the outward signs of cheilitis for a long time, as the animal in the process of licking removes most of the scales and even the mites themselves.
The cat has dandruff and wool falls out
When the cat climbs wool and dandruff becomes abundant and noticeable, it can be a sign of the following diseases:
- Deprive as a result of infection with a fungus or subcutaneous mites. Symptoms of the disease - itching, hair loss in large areas, dry skin, dandruff.
- Seborrhea also manifests itself as partial hair loss and baldness in areas, accompanied by dry skin and dandruff.
- Adenitis is a hereditary skin disease that manifests itself in a teenage or elderly animal. Symptoms of the disease - the formation of round bald patches, dandruff, unpleasant smell in the affected areas.
How to treat dandruff in a cat?
Dandruff in cats, its causes and treatment must be determined by competent veterinarians. They select the dandruff remedy for cats individually after all the necessary tests and diagnosis have been carried out. In addition to the examination, the doctor will ask the owner about the degree of activity of the animal, its eating habits, age. Sometimes, to get rid of the symptoms of chronic dandruff, you just need to revise the diet. In general, all funds are divided into external (shampoos, etc.) and internal (vitamins, drugs).
Dandruff Shampoo for Cats
When the problem is external, without diseases of the internal organs, and the cat has dandruff on the back, the first thing to do is to bathe it with a good cat shampoo for dandruff. As a rule, it consists of a complex of active substances from fungi and bacteria, deep cleansing ingredients, anti-inflammatory substances and exfoliating additives. You can also use one of the folk remedies for rinsing - a decoction of burdock root and calendula flowers, sea buckthorn berries and nettle, calamus and coltsfoot.
The most popular and effective dandruff shampoos for cats:
- Beaphar (Голландия) – шампунь от перхоти для кошек и собак,
- зоошампунь «Доктор»,
- Anju Beauté - супер-очищающий шампунь от перхоти c белой крапивой.
Витамины для кошек от перхоти
К вопросу как вывести перхоть у кошки, разумно будет подойти и с точки зрения укрепления иммунитета и введения в рацион пищевых добавок. Probably, dandruff was the result of unbalanced nutrition of the kitty and the lack of nutrients in her body. Vitamin A is more important than all the others - it provides the normal state of the animal's skin and the health of its hair. Before you begin to give the cat a complex of vitamins and supplements, in an effort to defeat dandruff in cats, it is necessary to clarify the causes and treatment with a veterinarian.
Vitamin complexes to improve the state of cat hair:
- "Sherstevit" - a vitamin complex for excellent wool in cats and dogs,
- "Farmavit NEO" - a vitamin complex for the perfect wool of cats,
- Beaphar - multivitamins for wool,
- "VEDA phytomins" - a great addition to the cat diet.