Egg masks are among the most popular in the world. They are used to tighten the skin of the face and hair treatment, we are interested in the second option. More and more Russians prefer natural homemade eggs for professional hair care products. And this is not surprising, a fully balanced list of amino acids, minerals and vitamins meets all the requirements for the recovery of haystacks. Let's take a look at the benefits the egg will bring to your hair, and how to apply it correctly.
The composition and benefits of eggs, indications for use
A unique source of vitamin-mineral complex, dietary fiber, phytoncides, flavonoids, amino acids and other compounds. These qualities characterize the egg as a useful component for hair.
The fact is that the chemical composition is already formed. The product contains a lot of tocopherol, vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamins of group B.
Not without the participation of proteins that are needed to seal the structure of the hair and give them elasticity. The egg contains lecithin and fatty acids, these compounds envelop the strands and create a protective film from UV rays, frost, wind.
The value of eggs for hair also lies in its ability to reflect the negative impact of thermal devices, styling styling, ammonia dye products. And thanks to the closure of the hair scales, the natural pigmentation of the native curl color is preserved.
To double the effect, many girls prefer to use 2 ways to use the egg: use it boiled inside and apply it in the form of masks externally.
Specialists in the field of hairdressing recommend to their customers with dry and lifeless strands to use egg masks. To feed and preserve moisture in the structure, it is preferable to use cooled egg yolk, it copes well with the task.
Another good egg for the shock is the ability to prevent massive hair loss in girls after childbirth and men who are faced with bald spots and bald patches.
Do not do without the use of home remedies with quail or chicken eggs categories of people with excess hair fat. Egg mixtures normalize the secretion of subcutaneous fat, struggling with fatty traffic jams and clogged pores.
Egg yolk soothes the scalp, relieves dandruff and fungus of any etiology. It is also effective to use the product for lamination, after the procedure, the hair looks smooth and shiny.
An indication for the use of homemade masks with an egg is dryness, dullness, cross-section at the ends and over the entire length, slow growth and alopecia, seborrhea and dandruff, fat content, general deterioration of hair health.
The subtleties of using eggs for hair
Masks to enhance hair growth
To accelerate the slow growth, it is necessary to mix the egg with the warming ingredients.
- Measure 3-4 eggs and remove the protein, it is not needed. Beat the yolks into the foam using a mixer. Enter 60 gr. natural thick yogurt or sour cream, 40 gr. honey, gruel of two garlic teeth, 20 ml. lemon juice.
- After mixing, apply a mask and let it work under the film for 45 minutes. The procedure must be carried out twice a week.
Castor oil onion
- Turn into a gruel of 1 or 2 onion bulbs, then mix in 40 g. honey, 3 cold egg yolks, 30 ml. preheated to 35 degrees castor oil.
- Turn the composition into a homogeneous mixture and distribute to clean dry hair. Do not forget to warm up, wait at least an hour. Mask should be done twice a week.
Hair masks for hair loss
To stop hair loss and give it its former appearance, you do not need to resort to expensive cosmetics. Home-made products can cope with this problem.
Black Tea Yolk
- Brew in a small amount brew, then strain. After cooling, mix 20 ml. tea, egg yolk and 25 gr. dry mustard. Intensely stir the products.
- Abundantly process the strands with a ready-made composition, for convenience, you can use a cosmetic brush. Wrap your head with a wrap and a towel. Wait 20 minutes.
- Wash off with shampoo. As a result, mustard will improve blood circulation in the scalp. The active ingredients will strengthen the hair follicles and prevent further hair loss.
Olive oil with cognac
- Beat 2 chicken yolks and mix 45 ml. cognac. In parallel, warm up 25 ml. olive oil on a steam bath. Add the composition to the bulk.
- Massage the mask on the scalp. Distribute the remainder of the composition to the tips. Heat the classic scheme and wait 45 minutes.
- Rinse with familiar shampoo and conditioner balsam. As a result of regular use, the hair will become smooth, shiny and noticeable softness.
Masks for hair density
Similar to the previous home remedies, to make hair thicker, you need to add burning and covering components.
Cocoa with kefir
- Butter is suitable for use, not cocoa powder, since the latter colors the strands. Break off 20 grams. oil and melt, combine with 40 ml. kefir or yogurt. Beat by adding 3 egg yolks at room temperature.
- Pour 10 gr. gelatin, let it swell. Apply a remedy from the roots to the ends, keep the composition warm for an hour. After a month of regular use, you will notice a “fluff” of new hair on the head and an increase in the basal volume.
- Beer must be taken dark unfiltered, 100 ml is required. Add a bag of gelatin to it and leave for half an hour.
- Then add 4 chicken yolks, whisk with a blender into a thick mass. Apply over the entire length of the stack, backing away from the roots by 1 cm. Leave it under the film for an hour, rinse without shampoo.
Masks to strengthen hair
Home-made products will fully restore the original hair structure and strengthen the follicles.
- Send the chicken egg and 12 gr. honey in the bowl of the mixer, carefully whisk until smooth. Do a short massage with a mask. Stretch the remains over the entire length of the hair.
- Wrap your head on the classic technology and wait half an hour. Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner. The tool will restore and strengthen damaged curls.
Burdock oil with egg
- Warm up on the steam bath 45 ml. burdock oil. The temperature should be 35 degrees. In parallel, beat 2 eggs, combine the ingredients. Rub the mass in the hair roots, smear the remains to the tips.
- Put a cosmetic hat on your head, wrap yourself with a towel. Wait an hour, then wash off the composition of non-hot water with shampoo.
Olive oil with honey
- In a heat-resistant container, combine 2 egg yolks, 10 ml. olive oil and 20 gr. fresh honey. Warm up components on a steam bath to 35 degrees, mix thoroughly.
- Apply the mask in any convenient way over the entire length of the hair. Warm up and wait half an hour. Wash your head thoroughly with shampoo.
Masks against oily hair
Natural components have a positive effect on the skin, improving the activity of the sebaceous glands.
- Connect 140 ml. kefir minimum liquid and chicken egg. Beat the components thoroughly with a whisk. As a conditioner, use the composition of 1 liter. water and 100 ml. lemon juice.
- Spread the mask evenly over the entire length of the curls. Heat the classic way and wait half an hour. Wash your hair with shampoo, then rinse with lemon water.
Calendula with sour cream
- Take 20 grams. calendula petals, fill them with 100 ml. boiling water. After complete cooling, strain the infusion and mix with 45 gr. homemade sour cream and chicken yolk.
- Spread a homogeneous mass over the hair with a thick layer. Heat polyethylene and a towel, wait half an hour. Wash off with shampoo. Perform the procedure 4 times a month to normalize greasiness.
Eggs are famous for the nutritional properties necessary to restore the hair's former structure. Homemade masks based on raw materials in conjunction with additional products can solve a number of tasks. Owners of dry hair require proper hydration. Regular use of nutritional masks will help solve the problem.
Pros and cons of hair masks
- Reduces the loss.
- Fights dry skin and rods.
- It nourishes.
- It adds shine.
- Helps get rid of itching.
Requires careful cleaning, otherwise:
- It closes the pores.
- Will make strands tough.
- Restored hair grows faster, which can upset those who dye their hair in a non-native color.
- The need to flush the mask with hot water is not always appropriate for people who have very sensitive skin.
What is part of burdock oil?
High-quality burdock oil contains extract of burdock root and all the beneficial substances of the basic base. (in the current description of olive oil):
- Inulin (a polysaccharide that supports the natural moisture in the hair shafts and gives them shine).
- Essential oils (stabilize sebum production, blood circulation in the papillae of the hair follicles, reduce itching, eliminate dandruff).
- Tannins (compacted skin and maintain the elasticity of the capillaries, which reduces the number of hair falling out).
- Bitterness (stopping inflammatory processes by suppressing pathogenic microflora).
- Stearin (facilitates the release of hair from old sebum and adhering fractions of dust, dead cornified scales).
- Vitamin E (improves the oxygen saturation of the bulbs, retains the natural color, is necessary for a good skin turgor).
- Vitamin A (stimulates hair growth, stabilizes the work of the follicles).
- Omega 6 and 9 acids (improve regeneration processes).
For hair restoration, only the yolk is suitable - when washing the head with moderately hot water it will coagulate, after which it is difficult to clean the hair from it.
The composition of the yolk:
- In addition to carotene, it contains vitamin B5 (it stimulates the work of the follicles - hair growth increases, giving shine to the rods).
- Vitamin B12 (needed for shine, normal metabolic processes, healing the microflora of the skin).
- Vitamin B7 (participant in the process of protein absorption).
- Sulfur (a necessary element in the development of keratin, which is important for providing elasticity, brilliance, vitality).
- Iron (important for blood circulation in the skin and follicles).
- Cobalt (deficiency causes early gray hair, loss).
- Potassium (an important component of water-lipid metabolism, providing elasticity).
How to cook?
A portion of the oil is heated to 38 0 C, and the yolk is carefully separated from the protein. Ingredients mix. When using a mixer, the resulting mass is absorbed better.
- Oil 50 ml.
- 1 yolk (it is permissible to replace with 2 quail).
What are the types of hair?
There are three main types of hair, which are determined by the degree of fat content: normal, dry and oily. Another type that does not belong to the main, but still occurs - it is a mixed type. For effective and competent hair care you need to know what type they are. Only with the help of this knowledge you can choose the right natural masks and get rid of hair problems, giving them a healthy and beautiful appearance, as well as a strong structure. If the normal type of hair involves only the right care, then other types need more serious help. Dry hair is very brittle and fragile, not at all glossy and not elastic, the ends quite often split. Also, this type is often characterized by fine dry dandruff. Typically, this type is found in those who are poorly caring for hair, abusing while drying hair dryer, styling tools, curls, in a word, it overdries hair. Oily hair looks very dull and needs the most frequent shampooing. People owning this type of hair usually become owners of excessive dandruff. But, in terms of health, oily hair type is better than dry, as it is protected by a kind of bactericidal film, which is formed from fat. Mixed type is most common in owners of long hair. The roots of such hair are greasy, but the tips are dry and split. This is due to the lack of grease along the entire length.
Mask for dry hair from eggs:
- - 1 tablespoon of glycerin,
- - 1 egg,
- - 2 tablespoons of olive or burdock oil,
- - 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar.
Preparation: all of the above ingredients must be well mixed. Then apply the resulting egg mask on the head and all hair. Hold the mask under a plastic cap and a warm towel for about 40 minutes, then rinse with warm water. This mask perfectly reduces dryness of the hair and prevents their section, and in return will give a healthy shine.
Egg mask for greasy hair:
- - 2 egg yolks,
- - juice of half a lemon,
- - 2 drops of castor or burdock oil.
Preparation: Mix with 2 yolks fresh juice of half a lemon, plus a couple of drops of oil in this composition. Mix everything well. Keep the mask for about 30 minutes, then rinse with water (preferably warm) with shampoo. This mask perfectly normalizes the work of the sebaceous glands, thereby reducing the oily hair, and also helps to get rid of dandruff.
Mask based on eggs for mixed hair type:
- - 2 raw eggs.
Preparation: it is necessary to separate the whites from the yolks. Then beat the whites until foaming. At the roots of the hair should be applied only to the protein mass, and the yolks should be evenly distributed at the ends. Exposure time half an hour. Rinse off this mask with cool water and shampoo. If protein-based masks are washed off with warm water, then the proteins on the hair can curl up, which means it will be quite difficult to wash them off.
Moisturizing egg mask for normal hair:
- - 2 yolks,
- - cognac,
- - water.
Preparation: cognac and a little water (in equal proportions, about 40 grams), and mix the two yolks thoroughly. Begin to apply this mask is required from the roots, gradually dropping to the ends of the hair. Apply the mask only on clean hair. Leave for 15 minutes, then rinse well with cool water.
Egg mask for hair strengthening:
- - 1 egg,
- - eggshell,
- - 1 small cucumber,
- - 2 tbsp. spoons of olive oil.
Preparation: chop the cucumber into small pieces and mash to make a slurry. Add egg shells crushed to powder. Mix the mixture and add the egg, which should be whipped well with the mixture, at the end pour in olive oil. Stir once more. Mask to rub into the hair, leave for 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with cool water. This mask will improve the hair structure and give them strength.
Why are masks from eggs useful?
Eggs contain a huge amount of valuable substances and vitamins. These include lecithin and lutein, as well as minerals, such as iron, copper, sulfur, phosphorus and others. They are enriched with proteins, amino acids and all the most essential microelements for hair growth and strengthening. The egg is the main source of most vitamins: calciferol, choline, retinol, group B, tocopherol, phylloquinone. Vitamins A and D, which are present in the egg, are the best way to strengthen hair. With their help growth is stimulated and hair loss is prevented. And vitamin B3 has a beneficial effect on the pigmentation of hair, which allows the hair to look brighter and more saturated. The eggs also contain vitamins B1, B12, E, PP, D.
Result from egg masks
Egg masks are quite nutritious. They help moisturize dry hair, and too greasy, on the contrary, remove excess fat and normalize its secretion. Amino acids that are absorbed by the hair, create a special healthy shine and prevent dandruff. Thanks to amino acids, hair follicles also feed, allowing hair to grow faster. Vitamin E, which is very much in the egg, nourishes the hair at the cellular level.
Pros and cons of natural egg masks
The main advantage of egg masks is that they are made exclusively from natural products. Almost all the components that are present in masks can be found at home or at the nearest pharmacy. Also, these masks are suitable for everyone, they are nutritious, but they will never make hair greasy. Пожалуй, единственный минус в том, что натуральность не всегда справляется со всеми проблемами, но это редкость. Проникнуть в структуру волоса очень сложно, а тем более задержаться в ней надолго.Sometimes not only natural, but also the majority of professional products cannot cope with this. But still, if there is a choice between chemistry and a natural product, the choice is obvious.
On a note
Any egg mask is recommended to apply once a week. Of course, the treatment course depends entirely on the condition of the hair itself, but it should not exceed two months. Egg masks can not be rinsed with hot water - only cool or warm. It is also important to protect your hair from the cold - in the winter, and from the hot sun - in the summer. Even if the hair is healthy, you need at least periodically to pamper them with masks, so that the healthy appearance of the hair never ceases to please for a minute.
Remember the basic rules when using egg masks:
- need to use only fresh eggs, without chips and cracks,
- before removing the yolk, the eggshell must be clean, so it needs to be washed (preferably with soap),
- yolk should be used immediately after extraction, so as not to allow it to dry out.
Mode of application
- Distribute the mixture in the root zone and gently rub.
- Keep under a plastic hat with a towel for about 40 minutes.
- After rinse off with hot water and neutral shampoo.
- Improves hydration of the skin and curls, the latter become elastic.
- Nutrition of hair follicles increases.
- The hair becomes "alive" and brilliant.
- Eliminates dry seborrhea.
- Helps fight alopecia.
- Prevention of early gray hair.
- Eliminates itching.
- Strengthens growth.
Does your hair look like a shock of hay, losing its shine and elasticity? Do not rush to buy advertised balsams - get acquainted with the restorative properties of burdock oil and chicken yolk, if you have no contraindications to their use. They will very quickly make the appearance and condition of the curls flawless.
Advantages and disadvantages
Egg masks for hair loss have several advantages.:
- The ease of cooking at home.
- The naturalness of the components of such masks.
- High nutritional value.
- Hair does not become greasy after application.
- The cost of such funds is cheaper than professional pharmacies.
What is used - yolk or white?
Eggs have nutrients that improve the health of your hair and skin, making your hair fluffy and shiny. Anti-hair loss masks are usually based on yolks. In addition to strengthening the hair follicles and the stem, they add shine and silkiness to the hair.
Protein is used less often, mainly in the composition with other components to power dry hair and restore damaged. For dry hair type can not use protein in its pure form, because separated from the yolk, it dries hair. These masks are only suitable for oily and normal hair.
Benefits for hair, follicles and scalp
The composition of the yolk includes:
- Vitamins A and E deeply moisturize the skin, nourish hair follicles,
- Vitamin D promotes hair growth
- vitamin B improves blood circulation and hair follicles, thereby stimulating hair growth and strengthening the roots,
- magnesium, potassium, phosphorus restore the natural shine of the hair, nourish the follicles, reducing their loss.
The composition of the protein includes:
- protein, necessary for the formation of the core of new hair and the restoration of already grown,
- fats that create a film on the hair that protects them from negative effects (frost, ultraviolet, dirty air), while not making greasy,
- hair growth accelerators
- carbohydrates needed for damaged hair,
- biotin against hair loss
- niacin acid, which prevents the earlier appearance of gray hair,
- vitamins of group B, which have a complex effect at the cellular level: restoration, improvement of blood circulation, prevention of aging of hair follicles.
Egg products are always applied on dry hair.
Basic mask of raw eggs
- Egg (or several eggs), beat well.
- You can add any oil (linseed, olive, burdock, castor).
- Apply the mass to the head. Rub into the roots and scalp. Then evenly distribute the entire length.
- Stand at least half an hour. The head can be covered with cellophane, on top of a towel, creating a warming effect. This will enhance the effect of the mixture.
- Rinse with cool water, otherwise the protein will cook right on the hair.
- For flushing, you can use regular shampoo, but you can completely abandon it.
- Perform the procedure 1-2 times a week.
Immediately after the procedure, the hair will become more alive and soft.. But to prevent hair loss will need about 1 month of regular use.
From yolk with gelatin
- Soak gelatin in water (1: 3) and allow to completely dissolve.
- Separate 1 yolk from protein.
- Add to gelatin and mix thoroughly.
- Apply the mass to the scalp, spreading evenly over the entire length.
- Be sure to wrap your head.
- Hold for at least 40 minutes.
- Wash off without shampoo with cool water.
- Use 1 time per week.
Yolk with onions, honey and burdock oil
- Separate the yolk from the protein (protein is not needed).
- Mix 1 tbsp. l natural honey, 1 tbsp. l onion juice and 2 - 3 tbsp. l burdock oil.
- Add yolk and mix.
- Massage into the roots and skin for about 10 minutes.
- Wear a warming cap.
- Hold 40 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water using shampoo.
- It is recommended to use 2 times a month.
Homemade eggs can not be stored for more than 2 hours! Even in the cold. They are prepared immediately before use.
Honey mix with yolk and aloe
- Mix 1 tbsp. l aloe juice, 1 yolk and 1 tbsp. l honey
- The resulting gruel is applied to the scalp for at least half an hour.
- Wash off with water at room temperature.
- Apply 1 - 2 times a week.
This tool naturally transforms the hair. In addition to eliminating hair loss, this procedure can cure inflammation of the skin of the head and reduce the greasiness of the skin.
From yolks and nicotinic acid
- In 2 - 3 ml of nicotinic acid (2 - 3 1 ml ampoules) add 3 yolks.
- Stir until smooth.
- Comb through strands.
- Apply the mixture with a sponge densely on the scalp.
- Massage your fingers as long as possible. In the area of the roots should be felt warm or light tingling. This is an indicator that trace elements and oxygen are supplied to the follicles.
- Wrap your head in plastic and a towel.
- Give the mask at least half an hour to act.
- Wash your hair thoroughly with warm water.
- Can be used once a week.
The main effect of such masks is the saturation of the hair, skin and hair follicle cores with nutrients. As a consequence of the use of masks observed:
- normalization of the sebaceous glands,
- dandruff removal
- improved appearance
- growth activation
- cessation of hair loss.
The first results from egg products will not keep you waiting. A couple of procedures are enough to make the hair look better, however, it will take up to 2 months for the changes to take place at the cellular level. Longer use of these masks on a regular basis is not recommended. You need to take a break for 2 - 3 weeks, then the course can be repeated.
As a preventative measure against hair loss, to maintain the achieved effect, masks are used 1 - 2 times a month.
Egg-based masks have only one contraindication. This is an intolerance to the components of the mask, i.e., an allergic reaction. Since the components of such masks are widespread products, using the masks there is almost no risk of getting allergies.
You can replace the allergen to another component. In other cases, the egg masks will only benefit. Hair loss really stop at home using organic egg-based masks. If after 2 months of improvement are not observed, it is recommended to consult a doctor for a comprehensive examination.