It is no secret that chocolate is a delicious treat, adored by children and adults. A slice of this dessert boosts mood, increases work capacity and drives off depression. But the sweetness has a significant drawback - it is quickly absorbed into the fibers, and it is difficult to wash it off with a cloth with the usual washing powder. In this article you will learn how to remove chocolate stains from clothes by folk and chemical means.
Contamination from treats quickly eats into fabric fibers. And in order to make the cleaning more successful, adhere to the following recommendations in order to remove the chocolate stain:
- before washing or cleaning, be sure to run a brush over the clothes: then there will be no dirty stains on the fabric,
- before you apply detergents or folk remedies, test them on an inconspicuous area of clothing,
- To prevent stains from spreading during washing, never rub the dirt,
- if the chocolate has stuck to the surface of the material, then scrape the delicacy with a knife or brush before cleaning,
- apply all cleaning solutions strictly on the inside of the product,
- soak and wash items that are dainty, at a temperature of +30. +40 ° C,
- After washing, thoroughly rinse the product,
- if the first cleaning did not give a result, repeat the procedure immediately: the dried spot is more difficult to produce.
And finally: the sooner you start fighting pollution, the easier it will be to remove it.
Get rid of fresh tracks
Do not rush to the store for expensive bleach, because ordinary soap will help to remove the fresh trace from chocolate. That is, it is necessary to clean the pollution before it is ingrained. To do this, soak the cloth in water at room temperature and gently rub the stain with a piece of soap. Allow the product to lie down for 10 minutes to allow the active substances to soak up the pollution, and then wash the item in the usual way.
How to remove the stain of chocolate on light-colored clothes? Surprisingly, but quite effective and affordable tool - warm milk. Soak the product in it and let it otkisat for a quarter of an hour. After a little rub the problem part and wash the thing with any powder or special gel.
To prepare the next effective solution, mix 3 tbsp. l vodka with 1 tbsp. l ammonia. Turn the soiled thing inside out and put it on a piece of white cloth. Suitable unpainted towel. Spread the solution on top and leave it for about 10 minutes. After this time, most of the chocolate is imprinted on the towel. You just need to soap the remnants of the dessert with laundry soap, and then load the product into the machine and wash it with the addition of gel or powder.
We cope with extensive pollution
Removing spreading spots without a trace is quite difficult. But do not throw out such a thing, because the solution prepared from the following ingredients will help to cope with extensive contamination:
- glass of water,
- a piece of laundry soap
- spoon of ammonia,
- spoon of dishwashing liquid.
Grate the soap and mix with the rest of the ingredients. Apply the solution on a soft sponge and wipe the problem area with it. Wait 10 minutes and then rinse the solution. If the result is not satisfactory, repeat the procedure. When the stain of sweetness disappears, do not forget to wash the thing with your hands or in a typewriter.
How to remove old tracks
If you could not immediately remove the stain of chocolate or you notice pollution after a while, then do not panic. Of course, removing the dried traces of sweetness is more difficult. But still there are several effective ways to remove the ingrained chocolate stain.
- Dissolve a teaspoon of boric acid in 100 ml of warm water. Carefully apply liquid to the dirt, but do not rub the fabric. Leave the material to soak for 15–20 minutes, then rinse the product and wash it with the usual method.
- Mix 50 ml of liquid dish detergent with a glass of water and 50 ml of ammonia. To the solution add 3 tbsp. l soda and mix all the ingredients well. Dip a cotton swab into the resulting liquid and rub the stain with it. If the contamination is large, distribute the product evenly with a spray bottle.
- Mix 2 tbsp. l glycerin with 1 tbsp. l ammonia and the same amount of water. Moisten the problem area in the resulting solution and leave it to limp for 2-3 minutes. Then rinse the item under running water. Do not forget to wash the product with your hands or in a typewriter.
Remember that all solutions can damage colored fabrics. Therefore, before removing the chocolate stain in any of the ways described, try it on an inconspicuous area of clothing, for example, under a collar or a cuff.
Radical methods for complex contaminants
With some stains, conventional methods fail. If you encounter such a situation, do not rush to throw out your favorite thing, because there are several more effective methods to remove the chocolate stain.
- To prepare the cleaning solution, dilute a teaspoon of gasoline and the same amount of ammonia in a glass of alcohol. Soak the stain well with the resulting liquid and leave it to limp for an hour. Then wash the product with detergent, liquid gel or laundry soap.
- Quickly removes traces of chocolate turpentine, mixed with ammonia in the ratio of 1: 1. Apply this solution to the dirt and rinse with running water after a quarter of an hour. Then wash the product in a typewriter.
- Will help to remove the sweet traces of refined gasoline. Apply it on dirt and leave for 10 minutes. Gasoline will leave a stain, but after it stains remain. To remove them, process the material with alcohol or vodka.
Boric acid will help remove traces of chocolate from denim. Dilute this substance with water in a ratio of 1 to 1. Then apply the resulting liquid to the cloth, but do not rub the surface of the material. Otherwise the pollution will spread. After a quarter of an hour, rinse the jeans, and then wash them with your hands with the addition of powder.
How to remove chocolate stains on white clothes
Removal of contaminants after dessert from such materials is difficult. After all, on white materials often remain divorces that immediately catch the eye. But for cleaning unpainted fabrics can be used rather caustic agents. So, how to remove the chocolate stain from white products?
- Excellent copes with such contaminants hydrogen peroxide. Pour this liquid without sparing on the stain and leave to soak for 20-25 minutes. After a fixed period of time rinse the product, and then wash the usual method. Be sure to add rinse aid. Otherwise, a T-shirt or blouse will smell bad.
- Hyposulphite will help remove the stain. This medical powder is sold without a prescription at any pharmacy. Dissolve one spoonful of the substance in a glass of water. Then soak the affected area in the resulting liquid for 20 minutes. After this time, the stain will disappear without a trace. Now wash the thing as usual.
Another effective substance that removes chocolate stains is oxalic acid. Dissolve a spoonful of the drug until completely dissolved in a glass of warm water. Soak the material in the resulting liquid. And then load the product into the machine. Wash in a suitable for fabric mode. It is advisable to add a little bleach to the powder.
How to wash the stain on chocolate on delicate things
It is rather difficult to remove pollution from similar types of fabric, because aggressive means irrevocably spoil the material. Therefore, you should be very careful when cleaning delicate items. For starters, try regular glycerin. Heat the liquid slightly and distribute evenly on the contamination. Wash off after half an hour and, if necessary, repeat the procedure.
If the result is not satisfactory, then add 2-3 drops of sal ammoniac to the glycerin and treat the product with this solution. Leave the liquid for half an hour and then wash it off with plenty of running water.
Effectively removes fresh stains from delicate mustard powder. Dissolve it with water to a consistency that resembles thick sour cream. Mass evenly spread over the surface of the material, leave for an hour. Then shake off the remnants of the substance and wash the product by hand. Be sure to add a liquid gel or powder.
There are many chemicals that help to cope with pollution from the dessert. According to user feedback, the best chocolate stains can be removed - Amway Tri-Zyme, Ace Oxi Magic and Vanish. These products remove even extensive contaminants without a trace. But they are not suitable for fabrics that require careful handling, such as silk or wool.
From the popular methods, it is better to remove the traces of dessert from fresh milk, boric acid solution and a mixture of gasoline and ammonia. After the use of such means of pollution go without a trace.
Effective ways to remove stains from chocolate
- Glycerol. If you need to remove the stain of chocolate with a delicate fabric or wool, use this method. Get in a pharmacy liquid glycerin, heat the bottle with the mixture in a water bath to a temperature of 40-50 degrees. Treat the stain with this compound starting at the edges to avoid streaking. Leave the mixture for 15-30 minutes depending on the degree of contamination. After time, wash the product with your hands and evaluate the result.
Remove the stain of chocolate is easy if you have the necessary knowledge with regards to recipes for the preparation of folk remedies. Use hydrogen peroxide, liquid ammonia, vodka, dishwashing detergent, laundry soap. If none of these methods was effective, output the trail with gasoline.
The composition of chocolate: why stains remain
Most often chocolate spots are found on children's clothes.
Chocolate on children's clothes
But on adult shirts, T-shirts, dresses, coats, jeans, too, the hem of ice cream or chocolate dessert can fall.
Chocolate consists of the following ingredients:
- milk powder
- food enhancers taste.
The main components of chocolate are proteins, fats and tannins, leading to discoloration of the fabric. To get them out without a trace, you need to prevent them from being absorbed and processed in time, not rubbed, otherwise the scale of the work will increase.
Ways and features of removal
Pick up the products based on the type and color of the fabric, the age of the chocolate blob. White linen is easier to clean, because bleach is allowed, and color sweaters and bed sheets can be cleaned only with stain removers (for color) or folk remedies that do not affect the colors.
Than to remove the stain of chocolate on a dark, bright and bright linen, will depend on the freshness of pollution. Try to cover the clothes immediately after the stain appears. The less chocolate is in contact with the fabric, the easier the removal process will take and the result will be more qualitative. Remove old materials with aggressive agents such as gasoline, turpentine (use only cleaned ones), but follow safety precautions and be prepared for the fact that prolonged contact or poor quality of the material will lead to the formation of holes.
If light cotton clothes are smeared, boil them with the chosen remedy. Boiling allows you to quickly remove the stain of hot chocolate of any age, but it can not be applied to synthetics, wool, velor and products of bright (red, yellow, blue) tones.
The choice of means by type of fabric
The most popular in the fight against chocolate stains are folk remedies, gently affecting the structure of the material and merciless to dirt.
What to remove the spot
They are suitable for any type of fabric, but the main thing to remember is that:
- delicate and woolen materials are prohibited to boil,
- pick up the tool you need, starting from the colors of the product.
Also highly effective in the fight against fatty chocolate blots (old and fresh) professional means for removing stains. For them, apply the same rules and use according to the instructions.
How and how to wash fresh stains from chocolate
Before you remove the chocolate from the clothes, carry out a preliminary treatment. Take a damp napkin and remove the not yet absorbed delicacy from the clothes, moving from the edges of the stain to the center of the pollution. The more you can remove fresh chocolate, the easier it is to remove the leftovers.
Table 1. We derive fresh chocolate stains using traditional methods on any fabric.
General rules for removing chocolate stains from clothing
Silk or linen, wool or jeans - each of these fabrics has its own characteristics in appearance and care. But in cases where you need to remove the stain of chocolate, they are all equal. A few general rules for removing chocolate stains from clothes.
- Chocolate forms a crust that can be removed with a blunt object, such as a wooden kitchen spatula.
- Chocolate stains are washed from the seamy side.
- During the removal of pollution you need to move from its edges to the center, and not vice versa.
- If there is a problem, how to wash chocolate, then you must first apply a less aggressive means, for example, salt. If they did not help, then synthetic stain removers are used.
Fresh stains can be removed from any fabric in just 5-10 minutes, if there are “saving” means at hand:
- laundry soap. The method is simple and affordable: wet the stain, soap soap and leave for 15 minutes, then wash with warm water,
- salt - perfectly copes with stains on light clothes. In order to eliminate the chocolate stain, you need to prepare a saline solution: stir 3 tbsp in 200 ml of water. rock salt so that it is completely dissolved. Soak the solution in the solution in the solution, leave for 30 minutes. If the remains of chocolate are still visible on the fabric after this time, then you can wipe them with ammonia,
- Milk - helps whiten brown chocolate stains. They do this: soak the places of contamination in milk, leave for 30-50 minutes, then wash them by hand or in a washing machine using laundry detergent.
With outdated stains, everything is not as simple as with fresh ones, you have to spend more time and effort. This will help in several ways that have been popular for decades.
- Yolk and glycerin. It is necessary to mix the two components in proportions of 1: 1, apply to the stain, rub thoroughly and rinse with warm water.
- Petrol. Many stains are excreted with this petroleum product. And if you grasped the question of how to wash chocolate, then you can use the following recipe: soak a clean rag in gasoline and gently wipe the place of contamination. If the spot is very saturated, you will have to change the rag several times. After it disappears, wash the product with a solution of ammonia (5 tablespoons alcohol for 5 tablespoons water) and wash.
- Boric acid. For 1 cup of warm water take 2 tsp. acid, stir and apply to stained place. Leave for 15-20 minutes, in no case rub it into the fabric. After the specified time, wash the thing using detergent.
Removing chocolate stains from white and colored fabrics
Many people think that cleaning chocolate stains from white and colored fabrics is more difficult than from dark ones, but this is not so. If the stain is fresh, it is easily washed off with the help of available means. If the chocolate on the cloth had time to dry, then remove it more difficult.
Several ways to help get rid of chocolate spots on white and colored clothes.
- Hydrogen peroxide (9%). Soak a cotton pad or a soft cloth in it, soak it well. Leave on for 20-15 minutes (so that peroxide hisses), then rinse in cold water.
- Oxalic acid. Recipe: 2 tsp. acid mix in 200 ml of warm water. Apply the solution to the stain and leave for 10-15 minutes. When the fabric brightens, it should be washed in soapy water, and then thoroughly rinsed in cold water with the addition of ammonia (per 5 liters of water 10 tsp of ammonia).
- Glycerol - delicately removes chocolate stains from colored clothing. Method of application: 200 ml of water are mixed with 200 ml of glycerin and 1 tsp. ammonia. Put the mixture on the previously moistened with water stain, with a sponge blend. At the end of the thing you need to rinse with cold water.
Even the best folk method of removing chocolate stains does not always help for the simple reason that not only cocoa and sugar, but also dyes are used in making sweet treats.
In order not to throw out the stained thing, you need to try all the "grandmothers" methods, and if they do not help, then use synthetic stain removers.
Chocolate stains on dark clothes and methods of their elimination
Probably, many people, buying new clothes for themselves, bypass light things and choose t-shirts or trousers made of dark fabrics so that they can be worn longer. But on dark fabrics some dirt is visible more than on light, for example, chocolate stains.
To clean the chocolate on dark fabrics, using such popular methods.
- Раствор глицерина и нашатырного спирта. Рецепт: 2 ст.л. глицерина смешать с 4 ст.л. нашатыря и 4 ст.л. воды. Нанести смесь на испачканное место и легонько потереть ватным тампоном, смыть холодной водой.
- Нашатырь и денатурированный спирт. Этот способ подходит для хлопчатобумажных и синтетических тканей, которые не линяют. Рецепт приготовления: 1 ст.л. нашатырного спирта смешать с 3 ст.л. denatured alcohol. Apply the composition to the stain from the wrong side of the fabric, at the same time put a clean rag or napkin under the front side. When the stain disappears, you need to wash the thing in warm water using detergent.
Chocolate stains on delicate fabrics: what not to do and how to clean them
Like cotton, jeans, linen, delicate delicate fabrics are damaged if you remove the stains from them incorrectly. To reduce the degree of damage to a minimum, you should take into account some points.
- Do not soak delicate clothing in chlorine bleach. This aggressive component can remove the stain of chocolate, but it will significantly shorten the life of your favorite blouse, T-shirt or dress.
- To prevent a chocolate stain from getting deep into the fabric, it is better not to rub it with napkins, handkerchiefs or anything else.
- Chocolate does not like cold water, which cannot be said about its traces on clothes. That is, delicate fabrics stained with chocolate products should not be soaked or washed in hot water. This only exacerbates the situation.
After learning the rules, you can begin to remove stains. Some methods are simpler and more accessible, some are more complicated and more expensive. It is almost impossible to determine which one is better until the moment of washing. Therefore, in order not to throw your favorite thing out of delicate fabric on rags, you can use different recipes.
- Hyposulfite - a pharmaceutical preparation, which is used in medicine for the elimination of heavy metal salts from the body. Also, hyposulfite is used as a fixer for photos, so you can buy it in a pharmacy or photo shop. How to cook: in 200 ml of water stir 2 tsp. substances and apply the solution to the stained place. Wait 15 minutes, then wash the thing in a soap solution with a few drops of ammonia. Finally, rinse thoroughly with cold water, preferably running water.
- Oleic acid. It is used in the manufacture of soap and other cosmetics. To remove the chocolate stain, it is enough to drop a few drops of olein to the place of pollution, rub your fingers into the fabric. Next, with a cotton swab dipped in gasoline, you need to remove the greasy residue and wash the thing in a weak soap solution, rinse thoroughly.
- Glycerol. A rather delicate ingredient that is ideal for removing chocolate stains from delicate fabrics. To clean the soiled thing, you need to drop the glycerin heated to a temperature of 40 degrees on the spot, rub with a cotton swab, leave for 15 minutes. Then rinse with warm water and wash the thing.
Clothing of adults and children often suffer from chocolate contamination. And it is not strange, because this sweet dessert, when heated, quickly melts, drips and smears.
If such a nuisance happened, and your favorite dress, blouse, pants got dirty with chocolate, you should not make radical decisions, for example, throwing a thing away. With the help of simple and affordable means you can quickly and accurately "neutralize" the most terrible chocolate spots.
For starters - the general rules
- Do not get rid of pollution hastily. Do not rub it with the first napkin under your arm - chocolate will penetrate deeper into the fabric.
- The chocolate stain is better fresh.
- Before the procedure, decide on the type of fabric and do not forget that the color of the fabric also matters when choosing a method of stain removal.
- Chocolate stains are processed from the wrong side of things, from the edge to the middle.
- Removing stains is better to start with a weak solution, if the result is not achieved, go to a more saturated one.
- Before removing contaminants with a solvent, it is advisable to check its effect on a patch or other inconspicuous part of a thing. If the fabric is combined, then some fibers in its composition can be damaged by one or another kind of solvent (for example, vinegar will dissolve nylon).
- Before processing, "walk" on the spot with a clothes brush to clean the thing from dust and chocolate particles.
How to wash chocolate from cotton
- You can remove the stain on light cotton fabric with the help of milk: pour 1-2 teaspoons of warm milk onto the stain, wipe with a white napkin, wash as usual.
- Cotton fabrics stained with chocolate can be washed using soap and salted warm water.
- You can also wipe the stain on cotton with ammonia, and then wash the thing as usual.
How to remove stains from delicate fabrics: silk, viscose, wool
- Pharmaceutical glycerin is heated to about 40-50 degrees, dripping on the spot, wipe with a cotton swab, leave to act for 15-30 minutes. Rinse with warm water, prostrate thing.
- Wipe the soiled fabric with a cotton swab moistened with ammonia mixed with water (1 tablespoon of ammonia and a little soap). Extend the thing as usual.
- We buy hyposulfite (sodium thiosulfate) in a pharmacy, dilute 2 teaspoons of the drug in 200 ml of water, stir it, put it on the contaminated place for 15-20 minutes. We stretch with soapy water with a few drops of ammonia, rinse things in running water. This method is suitable for removing chocolate from white clothes.
- Even in the pharmacy, you can buy oleic acid. We rub a few drops into the fabric. Cotton swab dipped in gasoline, remove the greasy residue. Extend the thing in a soap solution, rinsed.
- Wash woolen items from chocolate in a saturated salt solution.
How to remove chocolate from colored clothes
Delicately remove chocolate stains from colored clothing by using glycerin. To do this, dissolve 200 ml of glycerin in 200 ml of water and add 1 tsp. ammonia. Soak the stain on clothing in advance in water and apply the prepared mixture on it, carefully shading the surface of the dirt with a sponge. After that, rinse the product in cool water.
How to remove chocolate stains from jeans
- In 50 ml of water we dissolve 1 tablespoon of salt, pour it onto the stain - it should go. If the clothes have old stains, you need to put on it wet salt, soak for half an hour, wash.
- Egg yolk and glycerin in equal proportions, mix thoroughly, put on the spot, after half an hour, rinse with water, iron iron on the reverse side.
How to remove chocolate stains from synthetic items
- In the building or autoshop you can buy a solvent of mild action - "White spirit". We treat the stain with this tool, wait about 10 minutes. Then wipe the surface of the fabric with water and ammonia in a ratio of 3: 1. Build the stain manually.
- Ammonia will cope with chocolate stains in the company of baking soda and glycerin. Mix 20 ml of warm glycerol, 25 ml of ammonia, 20 g of soda. On the contaminated area apply this mixture in a thick layer for 15 minutes. Rinse thing running water. If necessary, you can zastira economic soap.
- Effectively removes chocolate stains from pure gasoline. With a cotton swab dipped in gasoline, we rub the stain along the edge, moving towards the middle. If necessary, the procedure is repeated. After that, we treat the fabric with a solution of water with liquid ammonia in a ratio of 3: 1, prostrate. Similarly, removing chocolate stains with pure kerosene.
How to remove fresh stains from chocolate
- Dense concentrated gel for washing dishes applied to pollution. After half an hour, thoroughly wipe with a sponge, wash off. If necessary, the procedure is repeated.
- In a saline solution (per 200 ml of water, 3 tablespoons of rock salt) soak a soiled tissue for 30 minutes. This tool will cope well with cocoa stains.
- Prepare a solution of 40 ml of ethyl alcohol and 30 ml of ammonia. Wet the napkin and blot the stain as much as necessary to remove it. Wash the thing as usual.
- Ordinary laundry soap will cope with some fresh chocolate stains.
How to remove old stains from chocolate
- Natural oxalic acid (sold in hardware stores) is suitable for removing stains from unstained tissue. It is enough to dissolve half a teaspoonful of the product in a glass of water and treat the soiled surface.
- Dense fabric can be treated with “White spirit” or purified kerosene or gasoline. Soak a sponge in the solvent, wipe the stain. After wash off with a weak solution of water and ammonia, rinsed with water.
- With delicate tissue contamination can be removed with glycerin heated to 45 degrees. Apply the product for 20 minutes, wash off with warm water. Enhance the effect by adding ammonia and water to glycerin - this composition is especially good for cleaning dark tissues. The proportions for the composition: 1 part ammonia, 2 parts glycerin, 2 parts water.
- Chicken egg yolk mixed with glycerin in a ratio of 1: 1. Apply to fabric for 5 minutes, rub and rinse well in cold water. Iron the fabric through wet gauze.
- Hyposulphite (sodium thiosulphate) will remove old chocolate stains on light things. We mix a teaspoon of hyposulfite in half a glass of warm water, apply to the surface. We stretch the thing in warm water.
- Boric acid in the amount of 2 teaspoons diluted in a glass of warm water. Apply for 20 minutes, without rubbing into the fabric. Extend the thing in soapy water.
How to remove chocolate on white cloth
- The drug hyposulphite (sodium thiosulfate), bought in a pharmacy, carefully removes the chocolate specks from the white tissue. In a half glass of warm water we part a teaspoon of the preparation, we put it on the soiled surface. Extend the thing as usual.
- Oxalic acid (you can buy in the hardware store), in the amount of 2 teaspoons stir in 200 ml of water. The resulting tool is applied to the contaminated area of tissue, wait 10-15 minutes. When the fabric is cleaned, stretch it in soapy water, rinse with a solution of ammonia (10 liters of water - 10 teaspoons of ammonia). Hyposulphite and oxalic acid formulations remove cocoa stains well.
- Hydrogen peroxide (9%) wets a cotton swab, wipe the stain with it. Leave peroxide "hiss", clean the fabric. Then rinse the item in cold water.
- Remove chocolate from silk or wool clothes with warm glycerin. Put it on the pollution, wait 15-20 minutes. We stretch the thing in warm water.
- Freshly “put” chocolate stains on a white cloth can remove a very saturated salt solution. Wipe this thing thing, rinsed.
How to remove the chocolate on the fabric of a dark color
- Prepare a mixture of 4 tablespoons of water, 4 tablespoons of ammonia and 2 tablespoons of glycerin. Apply on the stained surface, wipe, we stretch the thing.
- If cotton or synthetic fabric is stained with chocolate, it can be saved by the following composition: 1 tablespoon of ammonia and 3 tablespoons of denatured alcohol (sold in hardware or hardware stores). Apply the mixture, and when the stain disappears, stretch the thing as usual.
At the same time, we do not forget that it is more efficient to treat stains from the wrong side, and to wash the product, use water with a temperature not higher than 40 degrees.
How to remove chocolate stains from the couch
It is a little sad when a beautiful light sofa suffered from a child's birthday and got an abstract chocolate pattern. You can get rid of chocolate stains on upholstered furniture in this way. To begin with, we scrape off small pieces of chocolate. If they are soft, then they need to be cooled by attaching an ice bag to the pollution, and then scrape off the sofa upholstery. After that, apply on a sponge, for example, gel for washing dishes or just soap suds and treat the surface. We continue processing with ammonia, we end with a saturated salt solution. Hydrogen peroxide will cope with pollution of a white upholstery on a sofa.
Fresh stains from hot chocolate are washed with strong salt solution. You can try to wipe the cloth with a napkin dipped in ammonia. If the hot chocolate was thick, saturated, and the traces of it turned out to be large or outdated, then we remove the stains of hot chocolate according to the above tips.
How to remove chocolate stains from clothes
- Scrape the maximum amount of spilled chocolate with a thin knife or plastic card. But be careful! If you overdo it, then drive the dirt deeper into the fabric fibers.
- Using ordinary cold (or carbonated) water, rinse the stain. Attention! Water should be applied from the wrong side! Otherwise, again, the dirt will not come to the surface, but will sink deeper.
- Saturate the stain with dishwashing detergent (or household soap).
- Leave the stain for 15 minutes in cold water, spreading it every 3–5 minutes.
- If necessary, apply a stain remover.
So, the main points when removing chocolate from clothes are scraping and soaking from the wrong side. But what do we do when urgently required clean the sofa upholstery? Let the dirt harden. I agree, it sounds weird, but it works.