Soft and fragrant biscuit roll - one of the most popular desserts. As a filling use any berries, fruits, jams and preserves. And someone likes to add to it condensed milk, cocoa, poppy, cream or sour cream.
In order to make a home roll not only tasty, but also beautiful, you need to know the main secrets of its preparation. We will tell you how to properly wrap the finished cake so that it does not crack, and the filling does not flow out.
Secrets of cooking the perfect delicacy
- For baking rolls, use parchment paper, greased with butter.
- Biscuit is prepared very quickly, so control this process.
- Hot dough overturn on a clean towel, carefully remove the parchment.
- So that the dessert does not crack when rolled, lightly soak it with syrup or coffee, depending on the type of roll. Just do not overdo it, because the cake can soften. The soaked biscuit becomes soft, and it folds easily.
- The filling should be applied immediately to the hot dessert. Then twist it roll and wait until cool to decorate.
- If you do not have time to roll the cake, and it is cold, then put it in the oven for 5 minutes, then it will roll up well.
- Do not twist the roll too tight, otherwise it will not be so airy, and the filling will simply flow out.
- To make a ready-made dessert look neat, you need to cut the edges with a sharp knife.
- For flavor in the dough, you can add orange zest, vanilla or cinnamon.
- The cooled roll is sprinkled with powdered sugar or dry cocoa. You can pour the finished treat with hot chocolate, icing or melted fudge.
- As decoration use cream, fruit and berries.
Making the dessert airy and lush
But these are not all the secrets that we wanted to reveal to you. It is equally important that the dessert turned out to be airy. If you know all the details of making a sponge cake, you can easily create an ideal delicacy at home.
- Flour preferably sift several times.
- Eggs should be chilled, at this temperature, whites are better whipped.
- The pledge of the air biscuit consists in the correct beating of proteins and the sequential addition of all the ingredients.
- Dough can not be stirred for a long time. This affects the splendor of the cake.
- The oven must first be preheated. The temperature should not be below 180 ° C.
- When baking dough, you can not open the oven, otherwise it will settle. Readiness is determined by the light brown color of the surface.
- Biscuit roll out of the form very carefully, inaccurate exposure to fluffiness may disappear.
Knead the dough correctly
- Carefully separate the yolks from the whites. It depends on how well beaten proteins. It is important that the containers used are clean and dry.
- Using a fork, whisk or mixer, beat the yolks with half a serving of sugar. Rubbing for as long as they noticeably turn white and increase in volume.
- The process of whipping proteins is longer than rubbing yolks, so it is better to use a mixer or a blender. Squirrels are whipped without sugar until a small light foam appears. Then, without ceasing to interfere, gradually begin to introduce sugar. When you add the required amount, whip proteins to thick.
- Then put some proteins on the yolks, mixing gently so that the movements are directed from the bottom up.
- Add sifted flour to this mass and stir well, avoiding the use of a mixer. Then enter the rest of the proteins, stir the dough only upwards.
- If you need to add starch, baking powder (soda), cocoa or vanillin, then for starters, add these ingredients to the flour.
- To prevent the dough from settling, it is recommended to replace the third or fourth part of the flour with starch.
- Baking powder is added only if some fatty product is present in the sponge cake, for example, butter or cocoa.
- The prepared mass is immediately poured into the mold and sent to the preheated oven.
All these simple rules will help you bake a lush, tasty and beautiful homemade cake the first time. It only remains to figure out how much to bake the biscuit cake? For a roll of dough it turns out a little, it pours out a thin layer, so it cooks very quickly - in just 7-15 minutes, depending on the oven. The main thing is not to overdo the cake, otherwise it will dry out, and then the roll will break.
After reading all the secrets, we suggest that you try to bake the home roll with condensed milk and nuts. It is not difficult to prepare it, and even those who are not strong in baking will be able to do it.
We prepare such products:
- 1 cup flour,
- 4 eggs,
- 1 cup of sugar,
- 1 can of condensed milk,
- 5 tbsp. tablespoons chopped any nuts,
- 2 tbsp. spoons of powdered sugar.
- Separate the yolks from the proteins, carefully beat both of them, adding sugar to them, and then carefully combine them.
- Gradually add flour to this egg mass, stirring constantly.
- We place parchment paper on a baking sheet and pour a thin layer of dough, spreading it evenly over the whole area.
- Put the biscuit in the oven, and leave for 7-15 minutes. Do not forget to look at the cake.
- We take out the finished dough, remove the paper from it, spread the condensed milk, sprinkle with nuts and roll it up.
- Spilled cold cake sprinkled with a thick layer of powdered sugar.
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in this recipe, and most importantly, such a roll is prepared very quickly, and it requires a minimum of products.
Airy and soft
In the following recipe for roll with jam and whipped cream, the dough is prepared not very traditionally, but the dessert only benefits. It turns out even more magnificent and unusually soft. And the taste is truly fabulous.
So, for our magic delicacy we buy such products:
- 50 g of milk
- 100 g flour,
- 2 tbsp. l butter,
- 30 grams of starch
- 60 grams of sugar
- 3 eggs,
- 1 tsp baking powder,
- 1/4 tsp salt,
- 1/2 bar of chocolate.
- 1 cup of any thick jam or jam,
- 250 ml of fresh cream,
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- Pour the milk into the bowl, put it on the fire, put the butter, and wait until it melts.
- Using a mixer or a whisk, beat the eggs well with sugar.
- Sift flour, add starch, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually pour the flour mixture into the eggs, constantly stirring with a spatula from the bottom up.
- Put a couple of spoons of dough into warm milk and mix.
- Add the resulting mass to the total mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the dough on the laid baking sheet, level and put in the prepared oven.
- While baking the cake, we bring down the cream with sugar.
- We take out the sponge cake, remove the paper, lubricate with jam, and apply sour cream on top.
- We turn into a roll, cut off the edges.
- After cooling, decorate with grated chocolate.
We put this magic home roll in the middle of the table, pour our favorite tea into cups and, forgetting everything in the world, enjoy a delicious delicacy.
After reading our article, you will probably have a desire to pamper your household with a delicate and fragrant roll this weekend.
Steps for making the cake:
- Before starting work, turn on the oven to warm up by turning the temperature control knob to full power,
- Prepare a pan with sides, lined with oiled parchment or foil,
- Separate the eggs from the shell, add sugar, salt and beat well until a thick foam is formed. In this case, the mass should increase in volume at least twice,
- Gradually add flour, sifting through a sieve. This will give the dough extra lightness and airiness. Add lemon juice or vinegar soda. Stir,
- Spread the dough evenly into a baking dish. Put in the oven and bake at 200 degrees for about 5 minutes without opening the door,
- Carefully remove the hot cake from the pan, separate the foil (paper), quickly grease with a filling and roll up the straw. It will take a few more minutes for the sponge cake to soak in the filling, and you can serve it to the table.
It is very important that before making a biscuit roll, you should consider the sequence of all actions. Prepare food, oven and filling in advance. If you hesitate, and the cake will cool, roll roll will not work.
Cream for biscuit roll condensed milk
Fillings for confectionery using condensed milk are always the most-most: favorite, tasty, high-calorie. If you just smear something with condensed milk, it will already be delicious. Therefore, cream for biscuit roll on the basis of condensed milk is always a win-win.
- In order to make the cream less liquid, and its color is more saturated, a can of condensed milk can be pre-cooked. Remove the paper label from the tin can. Put a plastic bag on it and put it in a pan with cold water. Boil for 3 hours so that the water covers the top all the time. Cool to room temperature,
- A pack of butter chop with a knife. It should be soft, but not melt,
- Put the condensed milk in the butter and whisk with a mixer until a homogeneous thick mass. Add perfume (optional), whisk a minute and the cream is ready.
A good cream is always obtained from natural products. Its only drawback is that it melts. Roll with cream filling is best stored in the refrigerator.
Jam Cream Recipe
The main trick of sweet pastries with cream and jam is that the cake is first coated with jam or confiture, and then with a layer of cream. If you are not a gourmet and prefer simple dishes, just grease the biscuit with your favorite jam.
- Beat separately half the volume of jam and lightly softened butter,
- Combine the whipped ingredients, mix with a blender. Add, beating, the remainder of the jam and alcohol. The cream is ready.
There is another option for filling with jam, which is suitable for a children's table:
- 1 pack or pack of soft cottage cheese (180-200 grams),
- ½ cup of jam.
Beat cottage cheese and jam until smooth and fluff the biscuit. Put in the fridge for a couple of hours.
Cooking with bananas
It will be very original to offer guests a roll with fresh fruit or berries. The classics of the genre are biscuit and bananas, which do not require special preparation. It is enough to remove the peel and cut.
Recipe step by step:
- Whisk separately in two containers: yolks with sugar and egg whites,
- Gradually add flour and knead to the yolk mass. Then, slowly enter the protein foam,
- Spread the base of the cake on a baking sheet covered with oiled paper and send to the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes,
- Warm the sponge cake into the roll with the oiled backing and leave it while cooking the cream,
- Pound 2 tablespoons of sugar with sour cream. Peel and slice a banana on your own.
- Deploy the cake, remove the substrate. Liberally grease with sour cream. Put a banana cut on the edge, gently roll into a roll. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
How to roll a biscuit roll
1. When baking, roll the baking sheet with baking paper or parchment. Grease paper with butter or margarine - softened, but not melted.
2. Then pour the dough, smooth well and bake.
3. Biscuit dough is baked quickly, so do not forget to control the process.
4. After removing the biscuit from the oven, tilt the dough on a clean towel and carefully remove the paper.
5. Roll the dough with a towel until it has cooled. Do this carefully so that the future roll does not crack.
6. Wait until the dough has cooled. After that, unwrap, remove the towel, spread it over and roll it tightly.
7. Be sure, such a roll will turn out very beautiful - smooth, smooth and without cracks.
Biscuit Roll: cooking secrets
1. Apply the filling should be on the hot ready-made dough.
2. It is desirable that the filling was neither too liquid nor too thick and with the most homogeneous consistency.
3. When folding the roll, try not to press, otherwise the dough will not be so airy, and the filling may leak out.
4. Cream for the filling use any - cottage cheese, cream, protein, chocolate, fruit, banana, strawberry, as well as jam, jam, condensed milk, halva.
5. To make the product juiciness, sponge cake can be impregnated with syrup, and for aroma add citrus zest, vanilla, cinnamon.
6. The top of the roll is sprinkled with coconut chips, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, poured with icing, fudge, decorated with chocolate, fruits, berries.
7. To give the roll a spicy taste, baked biscuit leaf over the entire surface can be sprinkled with rum or brandy.
Just a couple of secrets of making a successful biscuit roll - and you will gain a reputation as an excellent culinary specialist, and your friends, when they are going to visit you, will definitely ask if you are going to bake your signature roll.
Prepared by Mariana Chornovil
Add comments can only authorized users. You can to registerlogin to the site up, or log in using your account on social networks:
Step by step preparation of biscuit base for roll, recipe with photo:
1. Wash eggs and gently separate the whites from the yolks. Make sure that not a drop of yolks gets into the whites.
2. Set the squirrels aside while you work with the yolks.
3. Add sugar to yolks.
4. Beat the yolks with a mixer until fluffy and lemon-colored.
5. After the whisk with a mixer, squirrels with salt until a white, airy stable mass is formed. Proteins should be in a clean bowl without a drop of fat and liquid. Mixer beaters should also be clean and dry. Otherwise, proteins will not beat up to the desired consistency.
6. Put some of the proteins into the mass with yolks.
7. Stir yolks with whites. Knead in one direction - clockwise or counterclockwise, otherwise the dough will lose airiness.
8. Add flour to them. It is desirable to sift through a fine sieve so that it is enriched with oxygen. This will affect the pomp of the product.
9. Stir the dough with a mixer, again work in one direction.
10. Add the remaining proteins to the dough.
11. Gently mix in one direction so that they do not settle.
12. Cover the baking sheet with baking sheet greased with vegetable oil. Spread dough on paper.
13. Send the sponge cake in the heated oven to 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes. By the time the biscuit dough is ready, the oven should already be well heated. Since if the dough waits in the form for at least 5 minutes, the finished sponge will not be lush.
14. Carefully remove the parchment paper from the biscuit.
15. Turn it upside down and place it on the same paper.
16. Hot sponge roll up roll and wrap a towel. Leave it to cool. Thus it will take the form of a roll. Otherwise, after cooling it will not be possible to roll it with a roll. When it is completely cool, unwrap the cake and apply cream to it. Roll up again and leave to soak for 1-2 hours.
See also the video recipe for how to make sponge cake.
- Flour 1 Glass
- Sugar 1 Glass
- Eggs 5 Pieces
- Jam 300 Grams
- Saarna powder To taste
1. Each housewife has some quick recipes. This one is one of those. Beat the eggs in a lush foam. I usually do this with a mixer in turbo mode.
2. Gradually add powder and flour. Mix the dough without the help of a mixer, after which we fill the baking pan with tracing paper or parchment. better to take the usual spacing. Pour the resulting mass on the spacing, evenly distributing it over the surface.
3. The edges should be smooth, so that you can then wrap and roll turned symmetrical.
4. Baked such a roll at a temperature of 180 degrees for about 10-15 minutes. There should be no reddened sides, so as soon as our biscuit starts to turn red, pull it out.
5. Coat the middle with jam or jam (butter cream, nuts with honey or condensed milk will also do), then wrap and place on a dish.
6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar the obtained roll and serve it to the table. It can be cut immediately, so that it looks aesthetically pleasing and so that it can be easily taken on a plate.