In most cases, cider is made by fermenting apple juice with wild yeast. But any other juice, for example, pear, will do. Technology does not change. I will tell you how to make cider at home using two proven recipes: from apples and pure juice. Separately, we consider the natural method of saturation of the drink with carbon dioxide.
Cider is the usual (“quiet”) or sparkling apple wine with only a different name, which came to us from France, where it is called “Cidre”. The method of preparation of the two drinks is identical.
If the apples are very sour: literally reduce the cheekbones and pinch the tongue, it is desirable to reduce the acidity by diluting the juice with water (up to 100 ml per 1 liter). It should be remembered that adding sugar also reduces the acid content. If the acidity is normal, water is not needed, it degrades the taste of the drink, making it "watery."
Apples of different varieties can be combined. The ideal is the ratio in which one part of sour apples is mixed with two parts of sweet ones. Pear cider is made by the same technology. If possible, I advise you to make a platter - mix pears and apples in equal proportions.
- apples - 10 kg,
- sugar - 1.5 kg,
- water (in rare cases) - up to 1 liter.
1. Rub the collected apples with a dry cloth (do not wash), put in a warm room for 2-3 days. On the surface of the fruit live wild yeast, which is necessary for fermentation, it is important not to wash them off.
2. Remove leaves and tails. Apples, together with the peel and pits, are ground with a blender or meat grinder to a state of uniform mashed potatoes.
3. Rinse the fermentation tank with hot water and wipe dry. Fill with ground apples a maximum of 2/3 volume. For example, if three-liter jars are used, then you can put up to 2.5 kg of apple slurry in each jar. Free space is needed for foam and carbon dioxide.
4. For each kilogram of apples add 100-150 grams of sugar, depending on the initial sweetness. The wort should be sweet, but not cloying. Mix.
5. Tie up the container neck with gauze and put it in a dark place with room temperature for 3-4 days. Stir the contents of the cans every day, knocking the dense top layer down and putting it in the juice. After 8-16 hours, the characteristic smell of fermentation, foam and hiss.
6. From apple slurry, squeeze the juice, which is then poured into a clean, dry fermentation tank. Next on the jar (barrel) to install a water seal or attach a medical glove with a hole in one of the fingers (pierce with a needle).
Cider under a homemade water gate Glove instead of a water seal
7. Homemade apple cider should ferment in a dark place with a temperature of 18-27 ° C for about 30-65 days. Then a sediment will appear on the bottom, the water trap will not blow bubbles (the glove will fall off) and the drink will visibly brighten, which means that the fermentation is over.
If fermentation does not stop after 50 days from the moment of installation of the hydraulic lock, in order to avoid bitterness, it is necessary to drain the cider through a tube into another container and put the paste under the same conditions.
8. Ferment the cider from the sediment, then skip through 3-4 layers of gauze.
9. Pour the filtered drink into bottles (unless it is planned to saturate with gas, fill it up to the neck) and close tightly with corks. Also, homemade cider can be stored in jars rolled up with lids.
10. Within three months, the drink should ripen in a cool room (6-12 ° C). Then you can proceed to tasting.
Ready cider after 60 days of aging
The result is a honey-colored cider with a pleasant sweet taste and a strength of 7-12% (depending on the initial sugar content of apples). Drink easily, in moderation does not cause a hangover.
Apple cider from juice without sugar
The classic recipe used in England and France. Will delight lovers of natural drinks, as is done without sugar.
1. Pressed juice to stand for 24 hours in a dark place at room temperature.
2. Remove the juice from the sediment, pour into a fermentation tank and install a water seal (medical glove).
3. Put the container for 3-5 weeks in a dark place with a temperature of 20-27 ° C.
4. After the end of fermentation (the signs are described at the 7th stage of the previous recipe), pour the cider through a tube into another container, trying not to touch the sediment at the bottom.
5. If you are not planning to saturate with carbon dioxide, close the container tightly, then maintain for 3-4 months in a dark room with a temperature of + 6-12 ° C.
6. Filter again, bottle, tightly seal. On condition of storage in the refrigerator or basement, the shelf life is up to 3 years. Depending on the sugar content of apples, the strength is 6-10%.
Sugar Free Cider
How to make cider carbonated
Preparing cider according to the above two recipes involves the production of the so-called "quiet" drink without gas, in fact, ordinary apple wine. To saturate cider with gas, do the following:
1. After fermentation, remove the home cider from the sediment.
2. Prepare bottles (plastic or glass): wash and wipe dry.
3. Add sugar to the bottom of each bottle (10 grams per 1 liter of volume). Sugar will cause a slight re-fermentation, as a result of which carbon dioxide is released.
4. Fill the bottles with cider, leaving 5-6 cm of free space from the neck. Seal tightly with stoppers or covers.
5. Transfer containers for 10-14 days in a dark room at room temperature. Check gas pressure once a day.
Attention! If the pressure is too high, the bottles may burst, so it is very important to release (release) the excess gas in time in case of accumulation.
6. Transfer the carbonated cider to the refrigerator or cellar. Before use, soak for 3-4 days in the cold.
- Cut the half of the orange into thin slices, stick carnations in the half of the apple,
- Pour juice into a saucepan (use only freshly squeezed ripe homemade apples) and add all the ingredients, put on the fire,
- When the mixture boils, reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes,
- Strain and pour into cups,
- If desired, you can add rum or brandy.
Serve such homemade cider can be hot or warm. The drink will warm you up nicely in the winter, lift your spirits and allow you to have a good time with friends.
Recipes in the category
Birchwood is an ancient Slavic holiday, preserved to this day, dedicated to the healing birch sap. We will tell why this day is celebrated after the end of the collection of juice, with which it is associated with signs and traditions, and also we will help you to properly prepare the juice for a long time.
Braga from jam is an unusual and very tasty drink that can be obtained from the old and fermented dessert prepared for the winter. The resulting product can be used both for drinking and forcing a stronger drink. We will tell you how to cook properly, and under what conditions the mash from the moonshine jam must insist so that it turns out to be perfect.
Raspberry mash on wine yeast has a special, refined taste, which is why it is used not only for distillation into moonshine, but also for drinking. Wine yeast in the composition of the home brew will help make the drink fragrant and unusual, and replacing the store wine with all natural wine is very beneficial for the body.
Expired jam is an excellent raw material for making home brew. With the help of this recipe, you can prepare the mash for distillation, and prepare a great home brew.
The recipe for making beer mash jam will help to prepare an amazing low-alcohol drink that will amaze your guests with its flavor. You can change the ingredients depending on your desire, and experiment with flavors.
Preparing lemonade from oranges at home is very simple. Spending a few minutes you get a refreshing and very tasty drink that you can drink at any time of the year. We will share the best recipes from frozen and fresh oranges, tell you how to make a drink without the use of sugar, and what you can add to it for a variety of taste.
Beet-orange lemonade is a great tonic drink. Unusual at first glance, the combination of tastes will be a real discovery for gourmets.
Lemonade from oranges without sugar will definitely appeal to girls on a diet. With a small calorie, it perfectly quenches thirst, and restores strength. The pleasant taste and aroma of grapefruit complements the citrus bouquet and makes the drink unusual.
- Gardener's Calendar - December
- Question / Answer 1178
- News and Events
- Flowers and flower beds
- Trees and shrubs
- House and cottage
- Garden equipment
- Do it yourself
- Landscape Design
- Food and Recipes
- Buy Sell
- Catalog of plants
- Diseases and pests
Vsadu.ru - educational online magazine about the cottage, garden and garden, gardener's calendar for every day garden, tips on caring for the garden.
Free advice on the construction of townhouses, country houses, villas. Selection of equipment for cottages, landscaping, landscape design, selection of trees and shrubs, care of flowers and plants. Answers to questions, news, events, announcements of exhibitions and events. Recipes for tasty and healthy dishes and drinks from vegetables, fruits and berries.
We need the following ingredients:
- fresh apples - 5 kg,
- sugar - 750 grams.
Also stock up with fermentation tanks, water traps and glass bottles. You can make the water lock yourself or buy it in the store. In addition, you can use a rubber glove. As fermentation tanks for cider fit three-liter glass jars. They must first be washed with hot water.
In a classic recipe, homemade cider is prepared without yeast. However, sometimes a situation arises when our wort does not ferment. In this case, we should artificially intensify the fermentation process. Cider Yeast can be bought at the supermarket. I recommend using wine or beer.
The main thing is, of course, apples. For the preparation of cider, you can use any variety. Suitable Griv Rouge (Griv Ed), Melba, Ranetki, Anis striped or gray, Antonovka. The basic meaning is very simple. If you take sweet sugar apples you need less, use sour varieties - more. Fans of alcoholic beverages are often interested in how to make cider from several varieties of apples. In this case, the main thing is to choose the right combination. A tasty drink is obtained by mixing two parts of a sweet-sour apple and one sour one.
The correct sequence of actions during cooking.
1. Wipe the selected apples with a dry and clean cloth. You can not wash them. Otherwise, you will remove from their skin the wild yeast that we need for fermentation. Fruits leave for 2-3 days in a warm room.
2. After this time, remove all the tails and leaves. Cut the apples into quarters and chop up the state of the puree in any way you like. You can use any kitchen equipment and appliances. For example, a blender, combine or meat grinder.
3. Fill the prepared jars with apple puree. You should not impose more than 2/3 of their volume. Free space will be needed during fermentation.
Pour sugar in the tank. The correct proportion: 130-150 grams of sugar per kilogram of applesauce. All thoroughly mixed. The neck of the cans must be tied up with gauze.
4. We place our containers in the pantry for 3-4 days. The room should be dark. On the 2-3rd day, apple cake will float to the surface, all the juice will remain below. As soon as a lot of foam appears and a characteristic hiss is heard, we move on to the next stage.
5. We need to filter the juice. To do this, it is enough to strain it through gauze folded in 3-4 layers. Additionally, you need to press the cake, after which it can be thrown out. Pour juice into clean cans. Install a water seal on them or wear a glove with a small hole.
6. For cider fermentation, it should be left in the same pantry room. The main thing to ensure that the temperature was in the range of 18-26 degrees. The average fermentation time is 40 to 70 days. As a result, the drink will brighten a little and gas stops.
7. The next stage is filtering. It is best to use a thin tube and hose. And the sediment is further filtered through gauze.
8. Fermented apple juice, we pour into glass bottles. Tightly cork them. Air must not leak inside. I recommend not to use plastic containers.
9. In tightly closed bottles, cider will be saturated with gas. This process is called champanization or carbonation. You need to defend the drink for 3 months at a temperature of 8-12 degrees.
After this period, the cider is ready. Homemade drink may be a bit unclear. Additionally, it is not required to clarify. Enjoy your tasting!
Sugar free recipe
The technology of making such cider is simple. The result will bring real pleasure to connoisseurs of natural alcoholic beverages. Before you make apple cider, you must properly prepare the raw materials. Ripe apples wipe dry with a clean cloth and do not wash.
I do not recommend using store juice for cider production. If for some reason you do not want to use natural apples, you can take apple juice concentrate and dilute it with water in the right proportion. Cider can be made from such raw materials, but the result will not be the same.
1. Insist apple juice in a dark pantry. 1 day is enough.
2. Pour gauze over the gauze into the fermentation tank and set the water seal.
3. Leave in the pantry room for 20-30 days. It should be warm. Suitable mode is from 20 to 26 degrees.
4. Pour the cider through the hose into a clean jar. Make sure that there is no sediment from the bottom.
5. Tightly close the used container with a lid. Insist for 3-4 months in a cool place at a temperature of 8 to 12 degrees Celsius.
6. We filter through folded gauze. Bottled cider. Let it brew for 3-4 days in the fridge and can taste it.
Cherry cider recipe
We need the following ingredients:
- ripe cherries - 4 kg,
- clear water - 3 liters,
- sugar - 2 kg.
Cherries can be of any variety. Water is better to take spring or well. In extreme cases, you can use boiled water.
The correct sequence of actions or how to cook cider from cherries.
1. Place the cherries in a glass dish, mash with a pestle. And fill with water.
2. For two days, place our container in a warm and dark place. After this time, squeeze the cherry juice and add sugar in it. Stir until completely dissolved. Then pour the drink into a fermentation tank. Suitable glass jars or bottles.
3. We reserve our capacity for 4-6 days. Will actively ferment.
4. Then we filter the cider through the folded gauze, pour into a clean container and put a water seal on it.
5. When fermentation is over, we pour the drink in bottles and close it for a fee. Leave it for 2-3 months. Champagne will occur. Proceed to tasting when the cider becomes clear.
There is also an opinion that at the fourth stage a little alcohol should be added to the drink several times. I leave this decision at your discretion.
If you like pears, then you should definitely read the article “Recipe for pear cider”.
Non-alcoholic cider at home can be prepared for some children's party. Believe me, when the little guests try it, they will no longer ask for colas or forfeits.
We need the following ingredients:
- apples - 1.2 kg,
- one orange,
- honey - 2 tablespoons,
- cinnamon - 2 sticks,
- Carnation - 5 pieces.
1. Squeeze the juice out of the washed apples in any way.
2. Pour it into the pan. Add the same honey and spices. Bring our liquid to a boil. Then reduce the heat and keep the pot on the stove for 10 minutes.
3. Strain the drink through the folded gauze.
Serve the cider to be warm. Decorate the glass with orange slice.
Good day. Preparing cider for the first recipe. After squeezing the juice out of the slurry and putting it under the glove for 4 days, the fermentation was extremely active, the glove stood upright. On the fifth, a dense layer was formed on the surface from that which decided not to sink to the bottom. Glove opal, although I see bubbles under the top layer. Unfortunately, the question I send is very late with 2 weeks since then. What now to do leave as eats, strain again or already pour?
It is not very clear what is happening to you now. It is necessary to pour only if spoiled. If the fermentation goes, then let it wander. If fermented, then pour off the sediment and bottled. In general, do everything in accordance with the recipe.
Once this drink is prepared exclusively from apples, you need to take a responsible approach to the question of their choice, because the final taste of home cider will depend on them. Officially, 48 varieties of apples are allowed for the industrial production of this drink, however, at home no one forbids the use of any varieties that you have available.
The main thing is that they should not be overripe or, on the contrary, green and sour. Самыми вкусными считаются поздние зимние сорта, так как в них содержится большое число дубильных веществ и сахаров, в результате напиток получается более насыщенным и ароматным.
Harvested apples should be inspected for damage or rot, cut bad pieces, and, ideally, only whole, soft, and no traces of blows should be used to make cider.
Depending on the recipe, apples can be washed or simply wiped with a damp cloth (it is believed that natural yeast accumulates on the peel), then released from the core and the stem. And one more secret is that in order for the taste of apple cider to be as rich and unique as possible, it is necessary to use apples of the same variety.
Classic cider recipe
Apples and sugar will be used for preparation from the following calculation: for 1 liter of apple juice - about 200 g of granulated sugar. Also, do not forget to prepare a container in which the juice will ferment: usually, dark glass bottles or ordinary 3 or 5-liter jars are used for this, depending on how much apple juice you get.
First of all, from the prepared apples you need to get the juice: for this you will need a juicer, which will cope with this task. The resulting apple juice is poured into a prepared bottle - it must first be thoroughly rinsed and rinsed with boiling water.
Sugar should be added to apple juice, following the proportions. So that it dissolves better - it must be diluted in a small amount of juice, and only then pour the sweet mass into a common container.
Now comes the longest process - the time of fermentation. On the jar of juice you need to install a water seal (a special lid with a straw), if there is no one, you can do it yourself. In a regular lid, a hole is made into which you need to insert the tip of the tube (it can be purchased from the usual dropper set in the pharmacy).
The resulting gaps need to drip wax or gloss over with clay. Instead of the cap, you can use the usual rubber glove with a small hole in your finger. Now the bank is plugged with a water seal and the whole structure is installed in a dark place to roam.
Now it only remains to wait: you will understand when the fermentation process begins. The lid starts to gurgle, and the glove rises, as if to vote. All this should last 50-60 days, after which a clear sediment forms at the bottom of the jar - you must get rid of it.
To do this, all the liquid must be carefully poured into another jar through a tube. Make it simple: remove the water lock, put the clean end of the tube into the juice, and at the other end draw in air with your mouth, so that the liquid starts to go up the tube, but does not get into your mouth.
To do this, quickly lower the second end into the prepared clean container and drain the juice. When only sediment remains on the bottom, pull out the tube, wash the bottle thoroughly from the sediment and dry it.
Now again, we pour everything back into the container, re-install the hydraulic lock and again send our drink to ferment. By the way, at this time you can already try your future apple cider, and, if necessary, add some more sugar so that it does not turn out to be too sour.
Do not be surprised, but the second time the fermentation process will no longer be so vigorous, it will stop in about 3-4 months, then you can already taste the finished apple wine. According to the recipe, cider should acquire a pleasant amber color and transparency, then it can already be poured into beautiful bottles and sealed for storage.
This homemade cider is very tasty to use, both in cold and heated form - add a little clove and cinnamon to it for a sharp sensation.SharePinTweetSendSendSend