It's no secret that vegetables contain a lot of vitamins and minerals. However, most fresh products can be consumed only in the warm season. This raises the question of how you can enrich your body with the necessary enzymes, not relying on the season.
Selection of frozen vegetables
- When buying a product in a packaged container, first of all, pay attention to the integrity of the package. If it is not hermetic, vegetables can be considered spoiled.
- Take a pack of vegetables and shake it. If you find large sticky clumps, this aspect indicates repeated freezing.
- Pay attention to the shelf life of the product, also look at the date of freezing. Vegetables frozen in the season of their sale will contain the maximum amount of vitamins.
- When choosing a mixture, pay due attention to the composition, it should contain an equal ratio of components. If the package with the frozen product is covered with frost, this sign indicates non-compliance with the temperature storage conditions.
- The pack should not be swollen, the result is the development of microorganisms in the composition. When choosing frozen vegetables by weight, do not rush to buy bright or faded specimens. The product must be a natural color.
Rules for cooking frozen vegetables
- Consider the fact that frozen vegetables are cooked 2 times faster than fresh produce. Therefore, when cooking soups, these ingredients are added last.
- Frozen vegetable mixture is completely edible without much preparation. The only condition is to properly defrost the product.
- If you are not going to cook right now, put the bag in a plastic container, cover it with a tight lid. Put in the fridge.
Proper cooking of frozen vegetables
The classic recipe for a quick snack
- drinking water - 65 ml.
- Onion - 1 pc.
- salt - quantity at the discretion
- sunflower oil - 40 gr.
- frozen vegetables - 450 gr.
- seasoning to taste
- Peel the onion, chop it into small cubes. Put the product in a thick-walled container, pour in the oil. Turn on the heat, fry the onions to transparency, then add the vegetables.
- Stir the composition, adding spices and water. After this loosely cover. Stew vegetables for about half an hour. After a while, try the mixture. If the dish is ready, serve it to the table.
Healthy vegetable breakfast
- chicken eggs - 3 pcs.
- frozen beans - 110 gr.
- granulated garlic - 5 gr.
- food salt - to taste
- milk - 35 ml.
- Corn oil - 20 ml.
- Pour the beans on a hot, hot frying pan, wait until the moisture has completely evaporated. Simultaneously mix the eggs, milk and seasonings, beat the mixture until smooth.
- After evaporation of moisture in vegetables, add oil to them and mix. Fry the mixture to a bronze color. After this, pour in the egg mass. Stir the food and lower the cooker to minimum. Wait for the omelet.
Roasted Frozen Vegetables
- bag of vegetables - 1 pc.
- fine salt to taste
- olive oil - 65 gr.
- seasonings - 10-15 gr.
- Pour a pack of frozen food into the pan. Place heat-resistant container on high heat. Fry the vegetables in such a way that all moisture will evaporate.
- Then add the butter and spices. Stir the mixture and cover with a lid. Reduce the power of the plate to a minimum, simmer about 8 minutes.
- After readiness, use at your discretion as an independent delicacy or serve with potatoes, meat, fish.
Vegetable mix in a slow cooker
- frozen vegetables - 380 gr.
- water - 0.5 l.
- Pour water into the multi bowl, on top of it, place a container for steam processing of the products. Place the frozen ingredients.
- Close the appliance with a lid, put the program "Steam cooking", the approximate cooking time is about 15 minutes.
- After that, shift the finished vegetables in the container, season with spices and other additives, mix well. The dish can be used.
Baked vegetables with bacon
- bacon - 350 gr.
- frozen vegetables - 900 gr.
- spices - to taste
- fresh greens - in fact
- Cut the bacon in small pieces, place on a baking sheet and send to the oven for 6-8 minutes, stew at 190 degrees.
- After that, place the vegetables on top of the meat product and add spices to taste. Re-place in oven for another 5 minutes. Optionally, the finished dish can be sprinkled with grated cheese.
Roasted Pineapple Mix
- carrots (frozen) - 100 gr.
- cauliflower (frozen) - 110 gr.
- broccoli (frozen) - 120 gr.
- pineapple in a jar - 90 gr.
- fresh lemon - ½ pcs.
- potatoes - 50 gr.
- starch - 10 gr.
- Fresh coriander - 25 gr.
- olive oil - 75 gr.
- salt - the amount in fact
- Pour the olive oil into the pan, put the vegetables in it. Fry the mixture over medium heat. After that, chop the pineapple into cubes, chop lemon and greens. Send to the blender.
- Then pour the resulting sauce into a small container, add starch to it, mix well. Add the composition to the roasted vegetables, simmer over low heat until pasty.
Vegetables with buckwheat
- purified water - 450 ml.
- buckwheat - 230 gr.
- a mixture of vegetables - 390 gr.
- sunflower oil - 50 ml.
- Pour buckwheat in a small container, pour water and rinse the cereal. Remove excess particles. After that, send buckwheat to the stove, add salt to taste, cook until ready.
- Then fry the vegetables in oil and add spices, mix the mixture. Add buckwheat to the total mass. Cover the heat-resistant container with a lid, set the burner to a minimum, stew for 4 minutes.
Soup from frozen vegetables with stew
- Onion - 1 pc.
- potato - 3 pcs.
- carrot - 1 pc.
- stew - 330 gr.
- crushed pepper to taste
- tomato paste - 55 gr.
- white cabbage - 130 gr.
- a mixture of vegetables - 350 gr.
- salt - to taste
- green beans (frozen) - 200 gr.
- various spices - to taste
- Pour the purified water into a small saucepan, boil it. Chop the potatoes into large slices, grate the carrots, chop the cabbage and onions.
- Add in boiling water spices, potatoes and cabbage, mix. Simultaneously fry onion, beans and carrots in tomato paste in a thick-bottomed skillet.
- Pour frozen vegetables in a common pot, cook for about 12-15 minutes more. After the time has expired, add the stew to the mixture, stew for 6 minutes.
- After that, add a roast, stir the soup, turn off the heat. Give the dish a chance to brew for half an hour.
Casserole with vegetables
- a mixture of vegetables (frozen) - 950 gr.
- hard cheese - 170 gr.
- milk - 140 ml.
- chicken eggs - 3 pcs.
- vegetable oil - 35 gr.
- salt - 12 gr.
- Place frozen vegetables in boiling water, cook for about 7 minutes. After that, fold the mixture into a colander, wait until the liquid has completely drained.
- Grease a baking sheet with butter, put boiled vegetables on it. Beat the eggs with the milk, stir in the grated cheese, add salt to taste. Pour mixture over vegetables.
- Send the baking tray to the preheated oven to 190 degrees. Wait for about 12 minutes, serve the finished dish with fresh herbs.
- frozen vegetables - 450 gr.
- broccoli (frozen) - 300 gr.
- onions - 2 pcs.
- spices - to taste
- vegetable oil - 85 gr.
- Pour vegetable oil into a thick-bottomed pot, add chopped onion and vegetables to it. Sprinkle the mixture with seasoning, stir.
- Fry the mixture on the fire for 3 minutes, then reduce the stove to the minimum power, cover the pan with a lid. Tomite about 25 minutes.
Vegetables with seafood
- Mexican blend - 650 gr.
- seafood cocktail - 400 gr.
- green salad - 90 gr.
- soy sauce - 55 ml.
- olive oil - 95 ml.
- lemon juice - 40 ml.
- French mustard to taste
- crushed white pepper - 9 gr.
- table salt - 15 gr.
- Pour olive oil into a thick-bottomed frying pan, place seafood in it, add seasoning to taste. Fry foods on high heat for 7 minutes, then pour them with lemon juice.
- Then put a mixture of vegetables on top of the sea cocktail. Tomite until complete evaporation of the liquid. Then pour the dish with soy sauce. Stir the mixture and fry. Rinse the lettuce, chop and mix with mustard. Add to the total mass. Stir well, serve.
Baked chicken fillet with vegetables
- chicken breast - 450 gr.
- drinking water - 65 ml.
- homemade sour cream - 85 gr.
- vegetable mixture - 1.2 kg.
- salt - 12 gr.
- pepper - 6 gr.
- greens to taste
- sesame seeds - 20 gr.
- spices - to taste
- Preheat oven to 195 degrees. Place the vegetable mixture on a baking sheet, distribute water evenly. Finely chop the chicken fillet, roll in spices.
- Add salt to the vegetables, lay the meat on top. Pour sour cream mixed with sesame. Then send the pan to the oven, wait 20-25 minutes.
- After cooking, place it on a la carte plates and decorate with fresh greens. If desired, you can also add various mushrooms to sour cream.
- If you decide to freeze the vegetables yourself, select the necessary products. Carefully inspect them so that the fruit has no damage. Rinse well after this.
- Dry the vegetables, if necessary, remove inedible parts. Chop to your taste. If you are going to freeze carrots, peppers, beets or greens, they must be scalded with boiling water, then put in cold water for a few seconds.
- Dry the vegetables, then distribute them in a portion of dense polyethylene bags with plastic clasps. Get rid of air before freezing. You can also spread the vegetables on a tray and send them to the freezer. As soon as the product freezes, pack the mixture in packs.
Experiment with recipes, serve the vegetable mixture as a side dish. Fill it with various additives and sauces. To keep food frozen for a long time, the temperature in the freezer should be around -20 degrees.
History of freezing vegetables
Food freezing is a modern invention. However, this is the oldest way of storing products first patented by the British 200 years ago. G. S. Baker, an inventor living in the USA at the beginning of the 20th century, began to freeze fruits and vegetables with commercial profit — he frozen an unusable crop in order to sell it. Simultaneously with him in Germany, experiments have shown that it is possible to freeze foods in a fast way, in just a few hours. And a year later, Clarence Birds developed a method for freezing products for sale in small packages. Today, food storage in various ways of freezing is widely used throughout the world.
However, it is regrettable that all vegetables that are on year-round on the shelves of stores practically do not carry any useful properties, compared with those grown in the season. But there is a solution: prepare dishes from independently frozen vegetables. In them, most of the nutrients and vitamins are stored. In addition, frozen vegetables are a real find for modern hostesses, since they do not need to be cleaned, washed, cut or processed in other ways. And in the package can be any set that is necessary for healthy and tasty dishes.
How to choose frozen vegetables in stores?
If you prefer to buy frozen vegetable mixes, it will be helpful to know the following information. Make sure that the original packaging has an “instant (shock) freeze” on it. Shock freezing is a technology that allows you to preserve the taste, color, structure of vegetables, as well as up to 90% of vitamins and 100% of trace elements. Nutritionists say that such vegetables in their health and nutritional properties are no worse than fresh ones.
The packaging itself must be free from damage, blistering and icing. Inside, the vegetables should mix freely, and not be lumps frozen together, which means that they have been thawed repeatedly. The presence of frost on the package indicates a lower temperature for storing vegetables. Do not buy vegetables, if the above-mentioned conditions are not met, and if the production date exceeds 6 months. And be sure to pay attention to what is the temperature inside the refrigerated counter - the best indicator is usually 18 ° C.
Having bought frozen foods, wrap them tightly in foil to bring to the house, especially if you plan to cook not immediately. This will prevent them from thawing.
How to cook frozen vegetables?
Naturally, frozen vegetable mixes can be purchased at the supermarket. But it is better to prepare them yourself. Then you will be sure of the quality of the product, the time of freezing, and freeze the products you need.
Having decided to cook a frozen vegetable mixture, it does not need to be thawed, because vegetables will lose some taste, and most importantly all the vitamins. Immerse them immediately in hot water, or put on a hot frying pan. Then a great result will be guaranteed. Vegetables can only be thawed for salads.
Before you start cooking, keep in mind that the semi-finished products are frozen, and it will take more time to prepare them, because they need to melt first. Also be aware that such mixtures have a watery structure, which will produce a liquid during the cooking process. But you can use less oil, because foods stewed in its own juice, and, accordingly, the dish will turn out dietary.
How to cook frozen vegetables: a classic recipe
- A mixture of frozen vegetables - 1 kg
- Sour cream - 1 tbsp.
- Mayonnaise - 1 tbsp.
- Soy sauce - 3 tbsp.
- Salt and spices - to taste
Preparation of frozen vegetables:
- Put the frozen mixture in a hot frying pan. Wait until the vegetables are thawed, excrete water and become soft.
Then bring the vegetables to a boil, season them with salt and spices.
Reduce the temperature to the smallest and simmer under the lid closed for 15 minutes.
1. Greens - dill, parsley, basil, green onions, sorrel, spinach
- Put greens in a bowl and rinse. Then transfer to a colander, and rinse again. After the last rinse, dry: leave them in a colander to drain the water.
Spread a waffle or cotton towel on the table and lay out the greens so that it will finally dry out. Turn it over and shake it several times.
2. Mexican vegetable mix - zucchini, Bulgarian pepper, broccoli, chili pepper, peas, carrots, corn
- Divide broccoli into florets, rinse and dry.
Chilli and Bulgarian pepper wash, clean the stalks and seeds, dry and cut into strips.
Wash squash, dry, cut into cubes and blanch for 2 minutes using a colander. Then dry them well.
Peel carrots, wash, chop, dip in boiling water and boil for 2–5 minutes. Then rinse and dry.
Corn and green peas hatch and boil for 3–6 minutes. Throw in a colander, rinse and dry.
Rice with frozen vegetables
Rice is a great side dish for a good meat steak.
- Rice - 1 cup
- Frozen carrots - 1 pc.
- Frozen sweet pepper - 1 pc.
- Frozen Green Peas - 100 g
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Olive oil - 3 tbsp.
- Salt and spices - to taste
Cooking rice with frozen vegetables:
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and fry chopped onion for 3 minutes. Then put the frozen carrots and continue frying for another 5 minutes.
Add frozen green peas and cook for 5 minutes.
Season with salt, pepper, spices and sprinkle well-washed rice on top, spreading it evenly over the entire surface. Do not mix the mass.
Fill the products with boiling water in the ratio of water and rice - 2: 1. Cover the pan with a lid, make a small fire and cook for 15 minutes, until the rice absorbs all the liquid.
Frozen Vegetable Soup
It's far from the summer season, but do you want a light soup? Use the frozen vegetable mixture, the composition of which can be varied. Например, кабачки, помидоры, цветная капуста, стручковая фасоль и т.д.
- Любая замороженная овощная смесь — 400 г
- Картофель — 2 шт.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Мясной бульон — 2,5 л.
- Растительное масло — 2 ст.л.
- Соль, перец, лавровый лист — по вкусу
- Send the broth to the stove to heat up.
Peel potatoes, wash, chop and send to boil in broth.
Onions clean, wash, cut into cubes, pass in vegetable oil and send in a saucepan.
Do not process the frozen mixture, but simply lower it into the broth.
Frozen vegetables with chicken
The main advantage of this dish is not in quick preparation, but in the fact that it refers to the “proper nutrition” menu. Chicken breasts supplemented with vegetables, you can even frozen, - a great dietary protein product.
- Frozen vegetables - 500 g
- Chicken fillet - 300 g
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp.
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Sour cream - 100 g
- Mustard - 2 tbsp.
- Salt and spices - to taste
- In a pan in heated vegetable oil fry the washed and chopped onions until golden brown.
Wash chicken fillet, cut into strips and add to roast onion.
Fry the chicken for about 5 minutes and place the frozen vegetables without defrosting them.
Beat eggs with a mixer with sour cream. Add mustard, salt and spices.
Video recipe for garnishing frozen vegetables for weight loss:
Useful properties of such vegetables:
The process of cooking
Frozen vegetable mixture is prepared rather quickly. In this regard, before it is laid out in the pan should be boiled in advance all the additional ingredients. To do this, you need to process the meat on the bone, as well as peel and chop the potato tubers. After the products are fully prepared, they need to fall asleep frozen vegetables and boil for about 12-14 minutes. This is enough for the ingredients to become quite soft. In conclusion, it is necessary to pour finely chopped greens into the soup, as well as salt, various seasonings and spices.
Already knowing how to prepare a vegetable mixture (frozen), you should pre-process all the additional ingredients. After all, they need a longer quenching. Thus, it is necessary to peel the potato tubers, wash the cabbage, onions and chop sausages (sausages). After that, you can safely proceed to the quenching of all the listed ingredients.
Heat treatment dishes
How to cook frozen vegetable mix quickly and tasty? To do this, take a saucepan (preferably the deepest), put cabbage, onions and potatoes in it, then pour a glass of water and close the lid tightly. After boiling the vegetables, it is desirable to simmer for about 20 minutes. After this time, you should add the frozen mixture, sausages and all your favorite spices, including salt, to the almost ready ingredients. It is also recommended to additionally put in a saucepan a small piece of butter and a couple of spoons of tomato paste. Again, closing the dishes, it should be kept on medium heat for about 10-13 minutes. Next, the dish must be well mixed and served at the table in a hot condition.
Cooking roast in a slow cooker
Vegetable mix in a slow cooker is prepared just as easy as on a gas stove. But for this dish you also need to purchase additional ingredients:
- fresh chicken breasts - about 600 g,
- vegetable mix - about 600 g,
- sunflower oil - 60 ml,
- garlic - a few cloves,
- flavored spices, salt and various spices - add to taste,
- potatoes, cauliflower - add in the event that in the finished mixture they are missing.
How to cook frozen vegetable mix in a slow cooker?
Before putting frozen vegetables in the bowl of the device, you should carefully fry the chicken breasts. To do this, white poultry meat must be washed well and then chopped into small cubes. Similarly, it is necessary to do with potato tubers. As for cauliflower, it should be rinsed in warm water, and then divided into smaller inflorescences.
After all the basic ingredients have been prepared, it is necessary to proceed with their immediate frying. To do this, you need to place chicken breasts, potatoes and cauliflower in the container of the kitchen unit. All the listed ingredients must be flavored with sunflower oil, and then closed and set the device on the mode of baking or frying. It is recommended to stir the dish every 10 minutes so that it is evenly roasted. After half an hour to the meat and other products should add vegetable mix, as well as salt, aromatic spices and spices. Thoroughly mixing the ingredients, they need to fry in a similar way, but only for a quarter of an hour.
The final step in cooking roasts
After the vegetables and chicken meat in the slow cooker are fully prepared, they need to add finely grated garlic and mix everything thoroughly. In such a composition it is desirable to keep the dish on the heating for about 5-7 minutes. During this time, products will absorb the aromas of garlic and become more delicious.
Proper serving of food to the dining table
Now you know how to prepare the vegetable mixture (frozen). The recipes of the presented dishes can be used at least every day to create a family lunch or dinner. Serve ready soup, braised side dish or roast with meat preferably only in a hot state. In addition to such dishes you can present sour cream, tomato sauce, as well as lettuce leaves, fresh vegetables and greens. Enjoy your meal!
Recipes with frozen vegetables
I always have frozen vegetables in the freezer. I love to cook with them. It happens, I buy some ready-made mixes of vegetables, but more often I buy in Auchan separately - green beans, cabbage (color, Brussels sprouts, broccoli), green peas, corn, sweet pepper. Then she herself, at will and mood, mixes them, adding to different dishes.
It is very easy and quick to prepare dishes with frozen vegetables - no more than 10-15 minutes. Beauty turns out - the eye rejoices! And tasty and healthy!
Now I will show you some recipes with frozen vegetables that I use most often myself. And you will see how easy it is.
Frozen vermicelli vegetables
Frozen vermicelli vegetables are a frequent guest as a second course at our dinner table. We generally love noodles, but with vegetables it is even better.
- frozen vegetables (any, the more varied, the better)
- vermicelli (finely chopped cobweb, or pasta such as shells, bows, spirals, etc.)
- oil in the pan
- ground pepper
- sausages (optional)
Frozen vegetables, without defrosting, put on a griddle with butter. Salt and pepper. Stir periodically.
At the same time, boil vermicelli in salted water and then drain water from it. I use vermicelli, which is brewed for 3 minutes.
Add the finished noodles to the vegetables and mix. Let it fry for another 3 minutes.
In principle, everything, the dish is ready. The total cooking time is 10-15 minutes. You can stop at this and serve it as an independent one, or as a side dish.
And you can chop sausages, wieners, ham, sausage, etc., add this to the pan to the noodles with vegetables, mix, fry for about 2 minutes, and serve as a full second.
It happens that champignons are a part of mixtures with frozen vegetables. In this case, cook everything the same way, but you can not add meat at all.
Frozen vegetables with rice
Frozen vegetables with rice, in principle, are prepared in the same way as vegetables with noodles (recipe above), only in this case, boil rice in advance.
On the floor of a glass of rice you need to take 1 glass of water, add salt and cook for 10 minutes.
Mushrooms combine well with rice and vegetables. You can use frozen champignons. Fry them with vegetables, and then add boiled rice to this mixture, mix and fry for another 2 minutes.
Frozen vegetables with dumplings
And here is another interesting combination - frozen vegetables with dumplings. This original and nourishing dish is quite simple to prepare, even any bachelor can do it, because frozen vegetables and dumplings can be bought at any store.
- frozen vegetables
- frozen dumplings
- one onion
- ground pepper
- vegetable oil
Peel and chop the onion and lightly fry in a pan in vegetable oil.
Next, put frozen vegetables and dumplings on the same pan. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir occasionally during cooking.
Cooking time - 15 minutes, until the dumplings are ready.
Dare! It is fast, simple and tasty!
Omelet with frozen vegetables
- Frozen Vegetables
- Vegetable oil
- Ground pepper
Pour some vegetable oil on the pan and place frozen vegetables.
To fry them, occasionally stirring for 8 minutes.
Beat the eggs and pour them to the vegetables. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Optionally, you can add herbs and other seasonings.
Close the pan with a lid and cook on low heat for another 6-7 minutes.
Omelet with frozen vegetables is ready! Very tasty dish, which is perfect as a hearty breakfast.
Mushrooms with frozen vegetables
For this recipe, I use raw frozen porcini mushrooms. We collect mushrooms in the forest ourselves, and since autumn they are stored in my freezer (sliced and packaged in bags).
First, I spread the mushrooms on a griddle with oil, salt, pepper, and cook for about 15 minutes.
Then I add frozen vegetables to the pan to the mushrooms, add saliva again, and cook another 15 minutes.
Can be served in this form.
And you can boil the vermicelli, add to the pan, mix everything, hold on the fire for another 2-3 minutes, and serve.
Frozen vegetables casserole with minced chicken
And finally, the recipe for the original casserole of frozen vegetables with minced chicken in the oven!
- minced chicken 900 g
- frozen vegetables 300-400 g
- onions 1 pc.
- 1/2 cup rice
- water 1 cup
- eggs 2 pieces
- cream (or milk with sour cream) 200 ml
- cheese 100 g
- salt, spices, nutmeg
- vegetable oil
First you need to put rice in preparation.
Half a cup of rice pour a glass of water, salt and cook for 10 minutes.
Peel the onion, chop and mix with minced meat.
Add vegetables, salt, pepper to the mince and mix everything.
Then add boiled rice and mix again.
Grease the baking dish with vegetable oil and put mince in it with vegetables and rice.
Prepare the fill:
Eggs need to be whipped and mix them with cream (cream can be replaced with sour cream and milk). Salt, add spices to taste, nutmeg.
Grate cheese and mix it with pouring.
It remains to pour this pouring on minced meat with vegetables and rice.
Put the form in an oven preheated to 180 degrees. Cook for about an hour.
Now you know what can be cooked with frozen vegetables. Of course, I showed you not all the dishes, but only those that I cooked myself. The principle, I think, is clear, and then your imagination.
Adding frozen vegetables can give traditional dishes a new flavor and significantly expand your usual menu.
Experiment on health!
Do you use frozen vegetables and what do you cook with them? I am pleased to read your comments.
The fact that you can cook from frozen vegetables, you told Ksenia Druzhkova, the author of the blog "Family for a note"
Benefits of use for cooking
If you have never prepared dishes from frozen vegetables, then by all means start to do it. You will certainly appreciate the following advantages:
- Benefit. Indeed, after freezing, most of the minerals, macro- and microelements and vitamins are preserved in vegetables. Of course, fresh, they are more useful, but sometimes simply inaccessible.
- Saving. Yes, frozen vegetables are much cheaper than fresh ones, especially off-season, that is, during the cold season.
- Taste. Dishes from frozen vegetables are quite appetizing, as in the process of freezing the taste is also preserved.
- Ease of cooking. First, vegetables often do not need to be peeled or chopped, they are fully ready for use. Secondly, frozen vegetables are prepared almost twice as fast as fresh ones, so you can save time.
- Security. In the process of freezing, almost all pathogenic microorganisms that lived in the pulp or on the surface of vegetables, die, so that it is almost impossible to poison frozen vegetables.
What vegetables to use?
The ideal option is to use frozen vegetables grown in your own garden. But they can also be purchased from a trusted seller who does not use hazardous fertilizers.
But if there is no vegetable garden or proven supplier, then you can use ready-made vegetables purchased in the store. And how to choose them correctly? Here are some things worth paying attention to:
- Look carefully at the vegetables, or at least touch them. If you find ice clumps, then the purchase should be abandoned. With proper freezing ice is not formed. And its presence may indicate either non-compliance with the technology, or the fact that manufacturers simply want to deceive customers.
- A bag of vegetables should not be inflated.
- It is advisable to purchase vegetables in a partially transparent package in order to be able to assess their condition.
- Pay attention to the color of vegetables. It should not be too saturated, it may indicate the presence in the composition of dyes. But the pale tint also should not be, since with proper freezing the pigments remain. Stains on the surface just can not be.
- The pieces should be hard, melted or soft they can not be.
- Date of manufacture. Ideally, it should coincide with the period of ripening of vegetables, because it is then that they reach the peak of their maturity, and the number of nutrients in them becomes maximum.
- Shelf life. Frozen vegetables can be stored for quite some time, namely six months or even a year. But a longer shelf life should be alerted, he can talk about the presence of preservatives in the composition.
- Manufacturer. Give preference to proven and preferably domestic producers. In this case, the products will be of high quality and inexpensive.
- Storage conditions in the store. Vegetables should be stored in the freezer, the temperature of which is about -18 degrees.
How to cook frozen vegetables? Here are some basic rules:
- Never thaw the mixture. Start cooking immediately, taking a pack out of the freezer.
- If the vegetables are slightly stuck together, then pre-divide them so that the pieces are even and do not fall apart during cooking.
- If you decide to simply boil the vegetables and then use them to prepare the salad, then throw them into the boiling water and turn off the heat after about five to ten minutes. The harder the pulp, the longer the cooking process will be.
- Frozen vegetables can be cooked in almost any way: bake, stew, boil, fry or steam.
What to cook using frozen vegetables? Below are some interesting recipes.
Cook the rice with frozen vegetables. Here's what you need:
- one pack of frozen vegetables (the best is to use a Mexican blend consisting of green beans, sweet corn, carrots and bell peppers),
- a glass of rice
- two glasses of water
- seasonings and salt to taste
- some vegetable oil.
- Rice should be well washed to make the water almost clear.
- In a frying pan with high walls, heat the vegetable oil, pour frozen vegetables into it and fry them for a couple of minutes.
- Add the rice and fry everything together until all the oil is completely absorbed in the rice and the vegetables have a light ruddy crust.
- Pour water into the pan and cover it. You do not need to mix anything, then the dish will turn out crumbly and tasty.
- When all the water is absorbed into the rice, add seasoning and salt, mix the ingredients. Just a minute later turn off the fire.
You can make a tasty and healthy casserole from frozen vegetables.
Ingredients to be used for cooking:
- 1 kilogram of frozen vegetables (absolutely any mix will do),
- three eggs,
- 2/3 cup of milk
- five tablespoons of olive oil
- 150 grams of hard cheese
- several bunches of your favorite greens,
- salt to taste.
Description of the cooking process:
- Vegetables need to boil for literally five minutes.
- Take a baking dish and brush it well with olive oil.
- Rinse greens and finely chop with a knife.
- Stir vegetables with salt and herbs, put them evenly in a baking sheet.
- Cheese grate.
- In the bowl, break the eggs and pour in the milk. Add cheese to this mixture and whisk everything actively with a fork or using a blender.
- Now fill the vegetables with the mixture.
- Send the form to the oven, preheated to 180 degrees, for 15 or 20 minutes.
From frozen vegetables you can make healthy and delicious food using seafood. Here is what you need:
- 500 grams of seafood (you can use frozen sea shake, which usually includes squid, mussels, octopus and peeled shrimp),
- 500 grams of frozen vegetables,
- three tablespoons of lemon juice,
- five tablespoons of olive oil
- three cloves of garlic,
- one tablespoon of Dijon mustard,
- 50 ml of soy sauce,
- greens to taste.
- Heat butter in a pan and put frozen vegetables and seafood in it. Cook everything for about five minutes.
- Cover the pan with a lid and simmer the food until ready (it will take about seven minutes).
- Chop the greens. Peel and chop the garlic on the garlic press.
- Put the garlic and greens in the pan, fry everything together for a minute, then add lemon juice, mustard and soy sauce to the dish. Mix everything well.
- After a minute, turn off the heat and serve the dish.
If you want to quickly cook something tasty, be sure to use frozen vegetables!
The right approach to choosing
What you need to take to buy a quality product?
- First of all, carefully consider the packaging - it must be intact, without damage. After all, if the tightness of the package is broken, air will flow to the product, which will give an opportunity for the life of various bacteria. And this will inevitably lead to the deterioration of vegetables,
- Shake the selected pack and feel it. Found big lumps of sticky vegetables? This is evidence that the product was frozen again,
How to cook frozen vegetables
In order to boil a standard pack of vegetable mixture, weighing four hundred grams, you will need to pour about half a liter of water into the pan.
Then put the pan on the fire, and the water is boiled. In the process, add salt and the necessary seasonings to the water.
After boiling water, pour the vegetables into it, mix them, wait for the water to boil again, cover the pot loosely, and cook the mixture for ten minutes.
After which the vegetables are placed in a colander to drain the liquid. Then the vegetables are placed in dishes and seasoned to taste with vegetable or butter, vinegar, sour cream, or some sauce according to your preferences.
Quick dinner recipe
Frozen vegetables are a magic wand, especially when something needs to be cooked, and time is too short. Instead of using not always useful convenience foods, it is better to use a package of frozen mixture, from which you will get a tasty, healthy and easy-to-figure dish. What we need:
- 1 pack of vegetable mixture in the freeze,
- 1 onion,
- About 60 ml of water
- Salt and seasonings to your taste,
- Some vegetable oil.
First of all, chop the onion into small pieces. Then pour vegetable oil into the pan and place the onions in the pan.
When the onions change their color to golden, pour out the vegetables and mix well. Then add salt and spices, mix again, add water.
Simmer under the lid closed for twenty to twenty-five minutes. After that, a delicious and healthy dinner is ready.
Frozen vegetables in a pan
This is another way to fast food. The whole process does not take much time. And it does not require the expenditure of your strength - all you need is to open the bag and place the mixture in the frying pan. But in this easy matter there are some nuances.
So, the pan is placed on the fire, and the vegetables are placed in it. The frying process begins.
Two or three minutes the fire should be strong, do not cover the pan with a lid, because it is necessary to get rid of the moisture that will be obtained by defrosting the mixture during cooking.
When the water has completely evaporated, add vegetable oil, salt and seasonings.
Stir the mixture, cover the pan with a lid and cook until ready.
Such a dish can be independent, and can act as a side dish for potatoes, cereals or fish.
Steamed vegetables in a slow cooker
As you know, steam from all types of heat treatment best retains the beneficial properties of products. And all multicookers are equipped with a program for cooking steamed dishes. All we need for cooking:
- Water - a pair of glasses for the multicooker,
- Frozen vegetables - 1 pack.
Pour water into the main bowl of the multicooker, place a bowl for steam treatment of dishes on top. Pour the vegetables into it. Close the cover of the multicooker and set the “Steaming” program by setting the time to 8-12 minutes.
You can find out the exact time from the table in the instructions for your multicooker, everything is indicated there in detail. After the time, put the finished vegetables in the dish, salt them and season to your liking.
Also, you can cook two dishes at once, placing some cereal, for example, rice in the main bowl, and putting vegetable mixture as a side dish to it in the top bowl. The total cooking time will depend on the time of the mode selected for cooking cereals.
Also in the slow cooker, you can cook all sorts of dishes with the addition of frozen vegetables.
Quick and healthy breakfast
To make an omelet with green beans you will need:
- Frozen green beans - one hundred grams,
- Eggs - 2-3 pieces,
- Garlic - 1 clove, or a pinch of granulated,
- Some milk,
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil.
Pour the beans into the pan and wait for the liquid to evaporate. At this time, beat the eggs and milk in a tank with a whisk, add the garlic and salt.
When the water is completely evaporated from the pan, add the vegetable oil and stir the vegetables. Then pour the egg mixture, mix everything again. Close the pan with a lid and cook an omelet until tender.
Read how to prepare second courses of Azerbaijani cuisine, recipes with photos will help you to correctly follow the sequence.
Prepare a healthy and delicious chicken salad with chicken, the recipe is here.
Buckwheat with vegetables
To prepare this dish you will need the following ingredients:
- Buckwheat - 1 cup,
- Water - 2 cups,
- Frozen mix - 1 pack,
- Vegetable oil.
Washed buckwheat is placed in a pot of water, salt. Boil the cereal until done. Then pour oil into a frying pan and pour the vegetable mixture into it, stir and salt it.
Cooking vegetables for about ten minutes, after which we pour buckwheat porridge into the pan. Mix everything and leave on low heat for another five minutes under a closed lid. Then you can serve the dish on the table.
How to freeze vegetables
You can stock up a storehouse of vitamins at home by freezing the vegetables yourself. What do you need to do for this?
- Before the freezing process, all vegetables must be washed and dried,
- Then from the vegetables are removed all the unsuitable food parts, and the rest is cut into pieces, or chopped,
- Pieces of beet, carrot, pepper or pumpkin need to be treated with boiling water for about three minutes. Greens also require heat treatment, but it is dipped in boiling water for just a second. Then the vegetables are immediately doused with cold water and laid out to dry,
- For packing and subsequent freezing of vegetables, it is better to use special sealed bags with a valve, but in the absence of those, you can use regular bags, but you must remove all the air from them before freezing. Vegetables are frozen either directly in packets or scattered on any surface, then poured into packets,
- For long-term storage of vegetables, freezing should take place at minus 18 or minus 20 degrees Celsius.
So you met with different ways of cooking such a useful product, like frozen vegetables. Now you know how to fry them, boil them, steam them with rice, etc., without spending much time on cooking.
And if you find time for independent freezing of vegetables, in the winter you will always have a product at hand that you will be sure of.
Recipe for Vegetable Mix Baked in English
It will take: 1 package of bacon, 2-3 bags of frozen vegetables, spices and herbs to taste.
How to bake vegetables with bacon. Chop the bacon into slices, put it into shape, bake in a preheated oven for 5-7 minutes, put vegetables on top, pepper, salt, sprinkle with spices and herbs to taste, bake for a few more minutes. On top of this casserole can be sprinkled with cheese.
Recipe "tropical mix" of fruits and vegetables
It will take: 300 g of frozen vegetables (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower), 100 g of canned pineapple, 0.5 lemon, potatoes, 1 tsp. starch, cilantro greens, vegetable oil, salt.
How to cook a tropical mixture of vegetables. Put the vegetables in a greased skillet in a frozen form, stew over medium heat until cooked. Pineapple cut, mix with chopped lemon and cilantro, chop the blender, add starch, mix, put the cooked sauce in vegetables, stew all 5-7 minutes until thick.
Frozen Vegetable Soup Recipe
It will take: 3 potatoes, 1 can of stew, carrots and onion, 2 tbsp. tomato paste, ¼ fork of white cabbage, vegetable mix (“Paprikash” and green beans), spices, pepper, salt.
How to cook the soup of frozen vegetables. Bring water to a boil, finely chop the cabbage, chop the potatoes into large pieces, grate carrots on a coarse grater, and chop the onion. You can put bay leaf, potatoes, pepper, salt, cabbage in boiling water immediately or later. Pass onions with carrots and tomato paste. Add the vegetable mixture to the potatoes, add extra green beans (optional), boil for 15 minutes. Put the stew in the soup, cook for 5 minutes, put the steaming of vegetables, until cooked.
Recipe for Frozen Vegetable Casserole
It will take: 1 kg of a vegetable mixture (cauliflower, green beans, carrots, green peas), 150 g of hard cheese and milk, 3 eggs, olive oil, salt.
How to cook a casserole of vegetables. Until half cooked, boil the cabbage, dry, do the same with the beans, peas and carrots, drain the water. Butter the form, sprinkle with breadcrumbs, put the vegetables: carrots, then beans, peas, cabbage. Beat eggs with milk, pour half of grated cheese, salt, mix and pour vegetables (you can take cauliflower decoction instead of milk), sprinkle with the rest of cheese, bake for 15 minutes in an oven heated to 180 degrees, serve the casserole hot, sprinkled with chopped greens .
Frozen Vegetable Stew Recipe
It will take: 400 g of vegetable mix (100 g of carrots, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts, 50 g of leeks and green peas), 400 g of frozen broccoli cabbage, 2 onions, 4 tbsp. sunflower oil, black pepper, salt.
How to cook a stew of frozen vegetables. Take a metal thick-bottomed saucepan, pour oil into it, fry onion, add frozen vegetables, mix, pour in 50 ml of water, pepper and salt, simmer for 20 minutes.
Seafood Salad Recipe
You will need: 500 g of Mexican vegetable mix, 450 g of sea cocktail, 100 g of green salad leaves, 80 ml of olive oil, 50 ml of soy sauce, 35 ml of lemon juice, 30 g of Dijon mustard, white ground pepper, salt.
How to cook a salad of vegetables and seafood. Fry the sea cocktail in oil, pepper, salt, pour lemon juice, let cool slightly. Put the vegetables in a frying pan, stew for 5 minutes under the lid until the liquid evaporates, pour in the soy sauce and 35 ml of olive oil, over low heat until ready to fry. Rinse the lettuce leaves, dry them and chop, mix with vegetables and seafood, add the remaining oil mixed with Dijon mustard.
Also from vegetable mixes you can prepare salads with mushrooms, meat and many other products, a whole variety of other tasty and healthy dishes, just try and find your favorite combinations!