There are many ways to use vodka. In addition to normal use, it can clean the bathroom and glass, remove stains from clothes, mold, fungus and much more. Therefore, despite the widespread opinion, cheap vodka is suitable not only for alcoholics and students. It is an excellent alternative to even the most expensive cleaning products.
15 interesting ways to use vodka
1. Clean the bathroom. Dissolve the alcohol with water, then spray the composition on the bath or shower and leave for 15 minutes before cleaning. So you can quickly clean the desired surface. With a little effort, alcohol will help remove soap stains and remove stains on taps, making their surface shiny. It is well suited for metal, glass, ceramic and chrome parts. This composition also perfectly kills fungus and mold. Apply vodka to problem areas for 5-6 minutes, then just wipe with a soft cloth.
2. Use vodka to wash things. It serves to remove stains from clothes, not all of course, but still. Copes well with grass and lipstick stains. You just need to blot the spot with a sponge moistened with alcohol, and then, as usual, wash the thing. Also it can be used to clean things that are decorated, for example, with beads. Alcohol will clean the fabric and the beads will shine. To eliminate unpleasant odors from clothes, it is very easy to make a refreshing spray. To do this, dilute the alcohol with water, in a ratio of 1: 5. This solution is also effective in removing the smell of tobacco from things. If necessary, add a few drops of essential oil to the sprayer.
3. Eliminate unpleasant smells of shoes and feet. To eliminate the unpleasant smell, spray your shoes with vodka spray. To destroy the bacteria that are sources of unpleasant foot odor, hold the feet for about 10 minutes in alcohol, or simply wash them.
4. Clean with vodka jewelry that contains emeralds, diamonds and other crystal gems. Such a procedure will bring them shine. For more thorough cleaning, it is recommended to pre-hold the products for 5 minutes in vodka and wipe with a soft swab.
5. The alcohol diluted with water perfectly cleans the glass. It is necessary to moisten the newspaper or paper towel with alcohol and wipe the glass with it. You can also immediately spray the alcohol on the glass and wipe dry with a newspaper or napkin. After complete drying, the smell will disappear and there will be no stains on the glass.
6. If your chandelier is decorated with prismatic glass, then thanks to alcohol it will sparkle. Just soak a soft cloth in alcohol and thoroughly wipe every detail.
7. For cleaning glasses without streaks, you can use a small spray can with a mixture of diluted vodka. It dissolves the adhesive surface, so any sticky traces of it under her power. Thanks to this property, the remnants of stickers, labels and price tags, it can also be easily removed. For painless removal of adhesive plaster from the skin, it can also be moistened with alcohol.
8. Prepare mouthwash. It is vodka that can give you fresh breath, kill all germs, and also get rid of an unpleasant smell. To prepare such a composition, mix 1 glass of vodka with a few tablespoons of cinnamon, then add a few drops of tea tree or mint. Cover this solution with a tight lid and leave for 2 weeks. After infusion, a useful mouthwash is obtained.
9. Use vodka as a disinfectant. Traditional medicine says that alcohol reduces itching with irritation and insect bites. Due to its anesthetic and disinfectant effect, it helps prevent infections from abrasions and scratches. It can also be used as a substitute for hand sanitizer. Just splash it on your hands if necessary. For narrowing the pores and cleansing the face, it is recommended to wipe the skin with a moistened cotton swab. If suddenly you have herpes, then to get rid of him, you can also apply such sponzhiki.
10. Keep the beauty and life of your flowers for a long time. To save fresh cut flowers, add a teaspoon of sugar and vodka to the water. Sugar will prolong the life of your flowers, and alcohol will kill bacteria that multiply in water.
11. To prevent the appearance of unwanted insects in the house, and to combat them, vodka will also help. It is necessary to dilute it with water, then spray it on insects from a spray can.
12. To prevent infection by aphids, it is recommended to clean indoor plants with a damp cloth and then wipe with vodka. It can also be used to kill weeds. It is necessary to mix 2 glasses of water with 30 ml of vodka and add a little dishwashing liquid, then spray the weeds with this compound.
13. Hair care. To get rid of dry scalp and dandruff, just rinse your hair with vodka. Mix 2 teaspoons of rosemary with 1 cup of alcohol and leave for 2 days. Then strain all of this and use it as a shampoo conditioner. To make the hair shiny and more spectacular, add a glass of vodka to your shampoo. Alcohol stimulates the growth of healthy hair, cleanses the scalp and washes away toxins from the hair.
14. Stock up on alcohol ice. Mix half a cup of water and vodka, pour into the bag and freeze. Use this ice to relieve pain and bruises.
15. If nothing else helps you, just drink the contents of the bottle. In this case, nothing will bother you!
As a means of hygiene
- Using a cotton pad, apply it to your face as an astringent, it will clean the skin and tighten the pores.
- Want to make shampoo for oily hair more effective? Pour the alcohol cap into the vial. After this shampoo will be much better to clean the hair and stimulate their growth.
- Stir ten tablespoons of ground cinnamon in a glass of vodka. Strain, stir with warm water and use as mouthwash.
- To get rid of dandruff, stir in a glass of drink two teaspoons of ground rosemary. Let it stand for two days, strain, rub into the scalp with light massage movements. Then let it dry.
- She struggles with the unpleasant smell of the feet. The reason for the smell - bacteria that live near the sweat glands. Wiping her feet in the morning and evening, you eliminate these bacteria, and the smell will disappear.
- You went to visit in stunning new shoes. But when you come, you can hardly sit at the table, but you don’t even remember about the dances - charming boats are very tinder. Pour 50 ml of alcoholic beverage into each shoe, and after 10-15 minutes the pain subsides.
As a means of helping with diseases
- The drink has antipyretic effect. When the patient is at a high temperature, it is recommended to wipe it off, the alcohol evaporates quickly from the skin and cooling occurs. With strong heat, it is recommended to wipe the chest and back of the patient. Covering is not necessary - it will slow down the evaporation.
- Fill a jar of mayonnaise with fresh lavender flowers (snowdrop), cover it with alcohol. Screw the cap on and place in the sun for three days. Strain through cheesecloth and use the tincture as a mixture of pain in the bones and muscles.
- It cools the burn wounds. It should be applied immediately after you burned. If you do not hesitate, you can avoid the appearance of blisters.
- To remove the adhesive plaster from the wound, soak it in vodka. It dissolves the glue and wets the skin, causing the patch to peel off more easily and not so painfully.
- It will also help remove the bandage stuck to the skin. Saturate it, wait a couple of minutes, and the bandage can be easily removed.
- To clean the lenses of glasses, wipe them with a cloth slightly moistened with vodka. Alcohol will clean the glass and kill the bacteria.
- If the blister bursts, drop a few drops on it as a local anesthetic and for disinfection.
- To get rid of ear pain, drip a few drops in your ear. Wait a few minutes, then blot. It will kill bacteria that cause inflammation and pain in the ear.
- Dip a cotton swab on a match into vodka and touch herpes on the lips a few times, the wound will dry.
- It will help reduce the allergic reaction after contact with plants such as poison ivy, oak and sumac. Often this leads to an unpleasant and prolonged allergic reaction in the form of a rash. To avoid this, you should immediately pour a little on the skin so that it washes away the oil secreted by these plants.
- For purulent inflammations, vodka compresses are effective. Apply cotton wool or gauze soaked with vodka on the sore spot, fix with a bandage or plaster. It will stop the formation of pus, and it will be much easier to cope with the inflammation.
- For minor cuts and abrasions, treat the wound with alcohol, this will help avoid irritation and redness of the skin.
- If you have a toothache, rinse it out with your mouth. The gums will absorb some and the pain will dull.
- Vodka is an excellent means of wiping bedsores in seriously ill patients.
- Fill it with a plastic bag diluted one-to-one with water and freeze. This will help to remove bruises and relieve pain.
As a means of helping in the economy
- With it, you can quite easily make shine chrome, glass and ceramic parts in the bathroom. Soak a soft, clean cloth with vodka and wipe the taps and other parts in the bathroom with it.
- With its help, you can easily unscrew the rusty bolt, just pour it with alcohol.
- It will help to clean the putty of the seams in the bathrooms and showers. Fill it with a spray bottle, spray on putty, wait 5 minutes and rinse with water. Alcohol kills fungi, mold and other microorganisms.
- It will help refresh clothes. If you are in a situation where you urgently need to refresh your clothes - use vodka. Just pop a little on the clothes and hang them to dry in a well-ventilated area. It will kill the bacteria that cause the unpleasant smell, and will not leave the smell when it dries.
- Use it as a tool to clean optics from greasy stains such as fingerprints and dirt. You can clean and photographic optics, and ordinary glasses. It is enough to take a lint-free cloth, drop some vodka so that the fabric becomes wet, but not wet, and wipe the entire surface with straight (not rotational, especially in the case of photo lenses) movements.
- Have fruit flies started in the kitchen? Mix 30 ml of vodka, 3-4 drops of dishwashing liquid and 400 ml of water. Wipe this place with insects, and they will leave your home.
- To cut the flowers in a vase as long as possible, pour it into water (1 tablespoon per 1 liter of water) and add sugar (1 tsp. To 1 liter of water).
- It perfectly removes stains from adhesive tape and tape. To do this, simply moisten a cotton swab with vodka and carefully wipe the contaminated places.
- To clean the windows to shine, it is not necessary to buy expensive tools. It is enough to add vodka to the window washing water (100 ml per 1 l of water), and the windows will shine.
- Fill it with plastic bags, diluted with water in a one-to-one ratio, and freeze. Get portable reusable cooling elements - they will help you out during a trip to a picnic or to the cottage.
- Extend the life of razor blades by dropping them for an hour or two in a glass of vodka after shaving. It disinfects the blades and prevents them from rusting.
- Spray it on the spots of vomiting, rub them with a brush, then blot dry. The stains will go away.
As an assistant in cooking
- If you add 1 tablespoon of alcohol to the yeast dough, the dough becomes richer and dries more slowly.
- If you are going to fry something in batter, add only 1–2 tbsp to the batter. spoons of vodka - and you get a ruddy and crisp.
- She will help to check the quality of honey. Heat a tablespoon of honey and dissolve in vodka. If honey is natural, it will completely dissolve, if it is of poor quality, sediment will appear or the drink will become cloudy.
- She will help and cook meat. When the water in which the meat is boiled, boils, remove the foam and add a little vodka to the broth (1 tbsp. Spoon for 500 g of meat). The taste and smell of alcohol will disappear, but the meat will cook faster.
These are unusual and useful ways to use vodka in our daily life. If you know other ways, share with us. Maybe someone will find this useful!