Tasty, fragrant and soft buns are loved by many. In special bread shops, bakeries a huge selection of these sweets: buns with poppy seeds and icing, raisins, jam, and with condensed milk. It is also quite simple to cook them at home. Each experienced hostess can bake amazing buns with different fillings, and knows little secrets how to make them even tastier. At home, any pastry turns out to be softer and more fragrant, besides, it can be done a lot, and not buy one thing at a time. Beautiful buns with poppy seeds and icing will be a great addition to the festive table and homemade tea.
Few people think about what path of development their favorite dishes have gone before they take a modern look and decorate our table. Buns appeared in the Middle Ages. At that time, they were a great luxury; they could afford this pastry, only rich and noble feudal lords could. Simple peasants baked their own bread, made from flour and bran.
In the 15th century, a spice boom and dried, fragrant herbs from the East began in Europe. From there also came the first and for many years favorite treat - cakes, covered with icing and honey. With the development of industry, the confectionery industry has made a significant step forward. There is a huge number of recipes for making buns with poppy seeds and white icing and other options for this baking. She begins to sell in large numbers on the streets. Now baking is available to all segments of the population.
In England, open cooking schools, and every self-respecting hostess on weekends pleases their homemade buns. This is such a long way of development of our favorite treat.
The recipe for buns with poppy seeds and chocolate icing does not require a large number of expensive products. All the ingredients are usually in the kitchen, and therefore this baking is quite a budget option for treats. So, you need to take:
- Milk - one glass. Recommended to use with a high percentage of fat. So the buns will be softer. Milk must be heated before use.
- Also need eggs - 2 pcs. Take better chicken, but if you decide to cook with quail, then take twice as much.
- Butter - 1 pack. You do not need to save on butter, otherwise buns with poppy seeds and icing will not taste good.
- Sugar - 2-3 tbsp. l Much do not need much, buns, and so will be sweet due to the icing.
- Vanillin - 1 pack. It will add a pleasant aroma to baking.
- Salt to taste, but not more than a pinch.
- Flour - 2 cups. It is best to take a wheat variety.
- And the most important ingredient of the dish is yeast. It provides the pomp and softness of the buns. It will take one tsp.
Now discuss the ingredients for the preparation of the filling. The main product is mac. You can cook it yourself, and if you don’t have time to mess around for a long time, buy it in a store. It will take two poppy bags.
In order for buns to become even tastier, they need to be covered with chocolate icing. Cooking is not difficult, but what a pleasant smell and delicious taste it will add to baking. For the glaze you need to take:
- Butter - half a pack. To make it easier to use, you can warm it up a little to make the product soft.
- Cream - 30 ml. It is better to take fat, with low-fat taste will be a little different.
- Dark chocolate - 1 tile. For glaze, take only bitter chocolate, the greater the percentage of cocoa content, the better.
- Caster sugar - to taste. If you do not want this ingredient can not add.
Buns with poppy seeds and icing: a recipe for dough
Cooking this delicious pastry does not take much time and does not require much effort. Let's take a closer look at the recipe.
- We take sugar, a little salt and the main ingredient (without which there will be no lush, rich pastries) - yeast. All thoroughly whisk. To save time, you can use a blender. Add warm milk.
- Next, add the eggs, butter and vanilla. Oil must be removed in advance from the refrigerator and wait until it becomes soft. So it will be easier to beat. Once again, mix everything.
- Now we take flour. It will definitely need to sift through a fine sieve. After that, add the sifted flour to the resulting mixture and mix everything thoroughly. Lumps should not be at all.
- The final stage: knead the dough for our future magic buns with poppy seeds and icing. So that the mass does not stick to the hands, you can slightly grease them with vegetable oil. Ready dough to put in a deep container, close the lid, wrap a warm towel. Leave for an hour to rise.
While the dough rises, there is time to do the filling. Heat the milk. Can be in a water bath or in the microwave. Warm milk pour poppy (do not forget to drain water from it). Now a little need to boil the mass (5 minutes) on low heat. Carefully ensure that the poppy does not burn. Remove from heat and pour out the milk. Now you need to wait until the filling has cooled, and then mix it in a blender. It should be a homogeneous and thick mass. Here is the filling and ready. As you can see, there is nothing complicated.
With the glaze, you also do not have to mess around for a long time. Breaking a chocolate bar (the size of the pieces does not matter). Melt the chocolate, let it cool a little and add cream, some butter and powdered sugar. Stir well. That's it, fantastically delicious frosting is ready. You can pour her buns.
Is the dough ready? Fine! Roll it out, put the stuffing in the middle. Then we wrap everything in a roll and cut it into small pieces. We take a special form for baking, so that the buns are not burnt we spread parchment paper on it. But this is not necessary to do. We preheat the oven and put the pastries there for 30 minutes. Leave a temperature of 180 degrees. Check the readiness of a toothpick. You just need to pierce her bun. If everything is ready, then take out and give a little cool. After that, pour the icing. All delicious buns with poppy seeds are ready! Your home will be delighted, and guests will definitely ask for a recipe. Those who follow the figure are interested in the question of the calorie content of buns with poppy seeds and frosting. Let us open this secret to you. In one thing, 260 calories. Of course, you shouldn't get involved in baking, but if you eat one bun in the morning, then that's okay.
Punishment without crime
100 species of this plant are known, and according to official science, all of them contain opium cultures. Beautiful unpretentious flowers could decorate with red, yellow, blue, pink, purple buds gardens, give benefit to the grains to people, but instead the poppy became convicted in our country. All perennial and annual, cold-resistant, pion blooming and other varieties are considered to be hypnotic or opium. It's true. But for law-abiding people, it is important to use the healing properties of the plant, because the use of poppy is so great that a ban on its cultivation due to certain abuses is very dubious and simply speaking inappropriate.
Papaver somniferum is the world's oldest plant known from the Neolithic. Translated from Latin, poppy means father. This flower has become a symbol of sleep and peace among Catholics who, on holidays, are decorated with wreaths of poppies in the holy monastery. The ancients used poppy as a sleeping pill.. In the Middle Ages, poppy is a part of taxes, its opium properties were used by botanists and doctors, whose purpose was to research useful properties. The harm of opium action was also investigated. Recommendations for the sensible use of poppy are known from the 16th century.
The plant as a seasoning was part of the diet of the royal courts. As a drug used for headaches and digestive problems. Poppy milk was used as a sleeping pill, both for adults and for children. Mack served as an anthelmintic, anti-inflammatory and expectorant for respiratory diseases. In India, the poppy effectively dealt with bruises, tumors and diseased joints. Were treated with poppy broths from fever and burned the warts and eliminated other skin problems.
It is a pity that such knowledge today is not in demand in traditional medicine as widely as before. However, in the manufacture of medicines the use of poppy is well known.
Medicinal properties of the plant are in its composition. Nature has laid many useful elements in poppy seeds. They contain:
- Alimentary fiber,
- Saturated fatty acids
- Vitamins, "E", "PP",
- Mineral elements, potassium, copper, calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, magnesium.
On the basis of poppy, a wide range of medical preparations are manufactured:
- Sleeping pills
- Oncological nature.
Everyone knows such drugs as morphine, codeine, papaverine and others.
Pharmacological properties of poppy are in blocking pain impulses, reducing excitability when coughing, reducing the tone of smooth muscles.
Poppy is extremely useful for the human body. This is an unpretentious plant that is stored for a long time without losing its healing properties.
When invaluable benefits are turned into harm
Our grandmothers knew about the benefits of poppy, mixing it with honey and treating their grandchildren with this delicacy, they helped the children grow strong and healthy. So they struggled with the hyperactivity of babies, defended from disease and evil forces. Grandmothers knew the measure, knew its sacred properties. They could not harm their dear children.
Harm from poppy is received only by those who abuse its properties, those who do not know the ancient eastern legend about how a Bengal dervish, who lived alone, was friends with a small mouse. He tenderly loved the mouse. Fearing for her life, the dervish turned her into a cat, then into a dog, a monkey, a boar, and so on, but could not find peace. Finally, the tog that was once a mouse became a princess. Dervish gave the beautiful princess the name - Mac. She was so good that she became the king's wife. But the random, ridiculous death awakened her. She fell into the well. The grieved king covered the well with earth and after some time saw a poppy field in that place. This eastern legend tells the best about the harm caused by opium. A man who uses opium will always be persecuted by visions and fear, becoming like all the animals listed in the legend until his fall is complete.
The harm poppy spreads only to those who use its narcotic properties, making it difficult for everyone else to receive from the plant the healing power of its capabilities donated to Maca by nature.
- Mac 100 Gram
- Egg 1 Piece
- Wheat flour 2,5-3 Glasses
- Sugar 8 Art. spoons
4 into the dough, 4 into the filling
- Vanilla Sugar 2 Teaspoons
- Dry yeast 1 Art. spoon
- Butter 100 Grams
- Water 1 Glass
- Salt 1 Pinch
Pour half a glass of warm water into a small bowl, add a tablespoon of sugar and yeast, stir.
We put in a warm place for 20 minutes, until the yeast rises like this frothy cap.
Melt the butter.
Add to the oil the remaining water, salt, 3 tablespoons of sugar, vanilla sugar and egg white. Stir.
Add the yeast, stir and, adding flour, knead smooth and soft dough. We put it in a warm place.
When the dough will double, take it, and let it rise again.
Poppy pour boiling water, let it stand for about an hour.
Then as much as possible we pour out water from a poppy, it is possible to dry it on a plate. Add the remaining sugar and mix.
We divide the dough into two parts, then roll each into a rectangular layer.
And lay out the top of the poppy filling evenly, retreating from one edge of 3-4 cm.
Wrap the dough with poppy roll, then cut it into small pieces, buns. Put them on a baking sheet, greased with vegetable oil, grease with yolk on top.
And bake in an oven preheated to 180-190 degrees for about 25 minutes.
Lush, airy and very soft buns made from yeast dough. Here is what you need:
- a glass of milk,
- 450-500 g of flour,
- half a pack (about a hundred grams) of butter,
- one or two bags of vanillin,
- four art. l sugar,
- bag of dry quick yeast.
- 5 tbsp. l Sahara,
- a couple of art. l butter,
- 100 grams of poppy.
- one egg or yolk so that the surface is yellow-golden.
- The first step will be the preparation of brew. It is necessary to warm the milk to about 35 or 36 degrees, dissolve all the yeast in it and about a third or a quarter of the flour available. Leave this mixture and wait until it foams, which tells about the activation of fungal microorganisms.
- First add sugar to the dough, then the pre-blended butter, then the egg and all the flour left over.
- Knead the dough with your hands, which should turn out to be quite elastic, soft, pliable and elastic. It should be covered with a film or a napkin and left for an hour in a fairly warm place. During this time it should increase in volume.
- While the dough rises, do the filling. Poppy seeds need to be thoroughly washed in cool water, and then immersed in boiling water for three minutes or boil for literally one minute. Put the poppy on a rolled gauze, cloth, or in a sieve so that excess moisture is gone. Now you can add sugar.
- You need to beat the dough and knead it with hands, divide it into two or three equal parts, and then roll each into a not very thin layer.
- Melt the butter and smooth the layers well with it, and then evenly distribute the sugar-poppy mixture. Roll the layers with the filling into rolls, flatten, cut them into pieces, let stand for fifteen minutes and coat with egg (it can be whipped or just stirred).
- Place the blanks on the bottom of the pan covered with oiled parchment and send to bake at 170 degrees for about twenty-five minutes. The bread should rise, become golden and soft.
This recipe is simpler, as it involves the preparation of yeast-free dough. The set of ingredients will be as follows:
- two glasses of kefir (can be replaced by another fermented milk product, for example, yogurt or natural yogurt),
- a third cup of granulated sugar
- a little pinch of salt
- four glasses of wheat flour,
- teaspoon without baking soda slides.
For the filling you need:
- 250 grams of poppy,
- 2/3 cup of sugar (cane or brown can be used).
- Take the dough. Kefir should be removed from the refrigerator beforehand, since it should not be cold, but at about room temperature (this is necessary to start the baking soda slaking process). Add sugar and salt to it, stir it all thoroughly. Enter the soda, mix everything again, and then gradually add flour and knead the dough. If it sticks to your hands, you can grease your palms with oil or moisten with cold water. Assemble the dough into a ball and leave for half an hour: during this period it should rise slightly due to the reaction of soda and lactic acid bacteria.
- Go to the stuffing. Poppy after thorough washing pour boiling water and leave to swell and soak for half an hour. Drain the water, add granulated sugar to the grains that are larger in size, and then grind everything together in a blender so that the filling is uniform and tender.
- Divide the dough into seven or eight pieces, each roll into the layer. Take one, place it vertically, put a little stuffing on the near edge. Wrap this part to the center and put the portion of the filling back on top, and then cover it with the other end of the layer. Also form the rest of the buns. Do not forget to fluff their surfaces with a beaten egg, so that after cooking they shine and become glossy.
- The oven is heated to 180 degrees. Cover the baking sheet with baking paper, soak it in butter and put all the buns in order to leave gaps between them, as the dough will increase during the heat treatment.
- Bake poppy buns for about half an hour, reach out, cool a little and serve immediately with tea.
Very tender and literally weightless turn out puff buns.
For puff pastry you need:
- 550 g flour,
- 170 ml of milk,
- half a cup of water (plus about five big spoons to activate the yeast),
- one large egg,
- half a cup of sugar and a big spoon for a dough,
- little spoonful of salt
- 25 g of live yeast,
- half a pack of butter.
- a half cup of poppy,
- three quarters cup of sugar
- a glass of milk.
For coating and sprinkling:
- The most difficult thing is dough, take care of it first. Make a brew, spreading yeast in five large spoons of water and putting a tablespoon of flour, as well as the same amount of sugar. Смесь оставьте примерно на пятнадцать минут, и через это время микроорганизмы активизируются, о чём просигнализирует вспенивание и появление шапочки.
- Муку просейте, введите в неё сахар с солью, затем яйцо с молоком, а потом и воду вместе с готовой опарой. Все эти компоненты можно помещать в центр горки из муки, а потом осторожно месить тесто, перемещая небольшие порции в середину. Замешивание должно осуществляться руками и длиться около пятнадцати минут. Make a ball out of ready elastic dough, put it into a large container, cover and keep in the kitchen for a couple of hours.
- Remember the dough, mix it again, and then put it back in the bowl and remove, but in the fridge and at least three to four hours. When it doubles, start working with it.
- In the meantime, make the filling just boiling the poppy for a minute in the milk, grinding the blender and adding sugar.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle about a centimeter thick, arrange it horizontally. Also form a rectangle of butter and place it in the middle of the rolled dough. Now remove the edges to the center to make a kind of envelope, which should be sent for half an hour into the cold. Roll out the dough and put it in the envelope again, repeat these steps several times.
- Roll dough, cut into several rectangles. Each promagite poppy paste, roll into a roll, squeeze it and cut it.
- Sprinkle each billet with a dry poppy (rinse it too) and coat it with an egg.
- Bake buns at 170 degrees for about half an hour so that they turn brown and rise well.
Be sure to try to cook delicious and beautiful buns on one of the proposed recipes!
Before we start choosing a recipe, I want to tell you how to prepare the filling correctly. I mention this because there is a perception that a dry, not boiled poppy is not absorbed by the body. A dry grain from a bag is used only for baking sprinkles.
So, we wash 100 g of seeds through a fine sieve.
Then pour boiling water or boiling milk.
We put on fire, bring to a boil and boil 40 minutes on low heat, someone cooks even longer, but this time is enough. Then let it cool and drain the liquid.
Then we start grinding it in a blender, it is better to do it immediately with sugar. It should be added in proportions of one part of sugar to two parts of seeds.
If you want the filling not to break up, then pour in it a beaten protein that will bind all the seeds. You can also mix it with jam, jam or condensed milk.
Remember that poppy is very high in calories, in a hundred grams - 480 kcal.
In each recipe, I will show some interpreted options for making the filling.
A classic recipe for yeast dough poppy buns in the oven
The most common recipe is considered to be on yeast pastry. And here every housewife has a choice, she can knead the Alexandrian dough or “Like fluff” dough on kefir. And below I will give one option, which is also always obtained and is prepared with milk.
There is no difference what kind of yeast you prefer: live pressed or dry. It is important that they are fresh, then they will definitely give the mass a good lift and airiness.
- 3 cups flour
- 85 ml of milk
- 30 ml of vegetable oil
- 40 g sugar
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 1 egg
- A pinch of salt
- 100 g poppy
- 2 tbsp. Sahara
- 0.5 cups milk
First you need to dissolve dry yeast with 20 ml of warm water and a pinch of sugar. We leave for 10 minutes and we have a cap.
Put a pinch of salt in the sifted flour so that the dough is not bland. Then add the yeast, to which we pour warm milk. See that it is not hot, otherwise the yeast may be steamed and the mass will not work.
Now it remains to pour the sugar, drive an egg and 30 ml of vegetable oil.
Begin to mix with a spatula, and then with your hands. The consistency is very soft, but it does not stick to the hands.
Put the dough to rest for 30 minutes in a warm place, so that the gluten swelled and the yeast gave rise to the whole mass.
To make the filling, pour the poppy seeds in a saucepan, pour half of a glass of milk into it, and add 2 tablespoons of sugar.
Bring this mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and cook for another 5-7 minutes, until the poppy swells and becomes larger.
The liquid evaporates, but we look to keep the filling sufficiently wet.
So, now you need to roll the dough into one layer, 1.5 cm thick. Then evenly lay out all the stuffing on the surface.
We try to get the same amount everywhere.
Then roll the dough with the filling into a roll and cut it into portions.
Put them on a greased form.
They need to bake at a temperature of 180-200 degrees until golden.
You can even pour over the icing sugar.
For her, you need to take:
- 200 g icing sugar
- 3 tbsp. l Hot water
The process is incredible. Mix powder with water in a mush.
If it turned out too liquid, then you need to fill up the powder, if on the contrary thick, then add boiling water.
And pour the cooled buns on top.
Lenten crumbs with poppy seeds at home
There is a delicious recipe for a lean test on water, which is made without milk and eggs. It rises very well on dry yeast, but remains soft and airy in consistency. And what is most remarkable is that it is universal and suitable for both sweet pastry and pies and pies.
For lean test:
- 500 g flour
- 300 ml of water
- 5 g dry yeast
- 2 tbsp. Sahara
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 60 ml of vegetable oil
- 100 g food poppy
- 5 tbsp. Sahara
- Strong tea for lubricating buns
First do the brew. To do this, mix dry yeast with warm water and sugar.
Mix and wait for the mass to foam.
So we check their freshness. On the back of the package, look at how much flour your yeast volume is designed for.
We take a deep bowl and pour our yeast into it to them and sift the flour. So it will be enriched with oxygen, which will contribute to a greater rise of the test.
Now enter the butter and all the flour and continue mixing. The main thing is not to beat him with flour.
Now we leave it to rise, but for now we are preparing the filling.
Pour poppy into the bowl and pour it with hot water and bring to a boil. Now for 5 minutes you need to boil it. See that the water for 1 centimeter covers it, so we get rid of the bitterness.
See, there is a film, this is that very bitterness.
Poppy increased in volume. Now turn it off and leave for 40 minutes. After that, strain it through a sieve to drain all the liquid.
You can leave it this way, or you can grind it with a blender, then it will become more uniform and turn a little white.
At this stage, you can add sugar. At this point, you can slightly move away from the recipe and add spices, for example, poppy is perfectly complemented by cinnamon. One teaspoon of this seasoning is enough.
Roll out the dough in an even layer about 0.5 centimeters thick, and lay out the stuffing.
Fold it into a roll and cut off the pieces. Put them on a greased baking sheet.
Preheat oven at 200 degrees.
We grease buns with sweet tea leaves and send them to bake for 15-20 minutes.
It will replace our egg yolk and give baking a beautiful shade.
How to make poppy bun puff pastry
The fastest option to make buns is to use purchased dough. In the store you will see two types of puff pastry: on and without yeast. So, for cabbage pies, I buy without yeast, and for buns - yeast.
It can not be defrosted in the microwave, so just leave at room temperature on the table, after removing the package. After a couple of hours it will thaw itself.
- 500 g puff yeast dough
- 1 glass of poppy
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Half a cup of sugar
First, prepare the poppy in a water bath. To do this, lay it in a strainer, put on a deep bowl and pour boiling water. Give him 10 minutes so brew.
While the filling is hot, add sugar and butter to it. They should melt away.
Then using a blender or tolkushki pound poppy. He swelled and became more pliable.
Thawed dough is rolled into a thin layer and leveled the filling over the entire surface.
We wrap the layer into a roll and cut off parts of 3 centimeters wide. This form of buns is called a snail, below I will tell you how else you can beautifully roll pastries.
Put them on a greased baking sheet. Be sure to make the distance between the buns. You need to bake at 200 degrees for 10 minutes.
Dough for buns in chocolate glaze with raisins that melt in your mouth
Baking with poppy filling, and even with raisins, watered with chocolate icing, can it really leave someone indifferent.
Cooked buns with poppy seeds and raisins can be two options. Combine them in the filling or immediately add to the dough. Let's talk about this in more detail below.
- 1 glass of milk
- 90 g butter
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1.5 tsp yeast
- 400 g flour
- 1 eggs
- 70 g poppy
- 120 g of raisins
- 2 tbsp. spoons of sugar
- 50 g chocolate
- 2 tbsp. of milk
Cooking brew. To do this, in a warm water, add a spoonful of sugar and yeast, stir and leave to infuse.
At this time, fill the poppy with boiling water so that it swells and do the same with raisins.
Yeast gave a good foam.
In the brew hammered eggs, you can use some yolks. Add sugar and butter, which was previously melted to a soft state.
Next, enter the flour and knead well. It turns out a soft dough. In order not to kill him with flour, enter it gradually.
Our mass rises and therefore prepare the filling.
Squeeze the raisins and mix it with poppy seeds and sugar.
The dough came for 30 minutes, now roll it into a rectangle.
Roll the layer into a roll. And cut it apart.
Grease the buns with an egg and send to the oven at 200 degrees until cooked.
Let's take a chocolate icing.
On a water bath, melt chocolate with 5 g of butter and milk. And wait until the frosting is glossy.
Cool pastry lubricated with such icing.
And now look how you can do all this faster.
In mass, until adding flour to the brew, we pour out the raisins and poppy seeds. Sift the flour and knead the dough with our fillers.
We make buns the way you like, you can even make them in the shape of donuts and pour over the chocolate icing.
Choose either of these two options.
Delicious Donuts without Yeast
Unleavened dough is also great for baking, both in the oven and in the slow cooker. There are many recipes, but most often use the recipe for kefir with soda. In it, soda is perfectly extinguished and gives a strong growth to the whole mass, therefore, it is not necessary to use the yeast here.
I offer a detailed video recipe, in which the hostess shows each step of making buns.
Now I want to give some tips to make your dough for yogurt successful.
- Take kefir is not fresh, it will be good if he stood for a couple of days. So it will be more acid and soda is easily extinguished.
- Also, dairy product and eggs need to warm up at room temperature. Then the dough also rises better.
- Soda will show itself well if it is fresh. Exhausted product may not justify your desires.
Cook with pleasure!
How beautiful to wrap buns?
And now look how you can easily and quickly wrap the pastries beautifully. I will give nine options from which you will certainly pick something.
The first version is familiar to me from my childhood, this is exactly how Grandma taught me how to fold baking. Called "Hearts."
The roll with the filling is folded in half. A cut is made in the middle and the sides are turned towards you.
You can make such curls. Put the stuffing on the square of dough. Then wrap up one side to the middle and close the layer with the other side. Cut into portions.
Each of which you need to stretch and twist two or three times. We pinch the ends.
Very simple daisies.
Another option curl.
An unusual way and asks to give him the name "Bow".
Another cute plush.
Very simple braided version.
For this method, you need to cut off the parts wider.
This shamrock is also done simply, but it looks very beautiful.
So, I really tried and described the whole process of making this wonderful delicacy, so I am absolutely sure that you will succeed!