The pellets are a nasty little thing, capable of sending even the most favorite piece of clothing to the shelf for household things. This is not surprising, because the clothes become old and neglected. Today we will talk about how to remove the pellets from the clothes, using all sorts of home appliances.
What causes the fabric to appear
The nature of the appearance of ugly lumps on the surface of a jacket or pants can be varied:
- Washing powder. Machines automatic equipped with special modes of hand or delicate wash, capable of preserving the original appearance of things. In addition, you should consider the type of detergent that is used in the cleaning process. For each product, choose a directional powder: cleaning for synthetics, gel for wool, cotton and so on. Incorrectly chosen drug contributes to the fact that the fabric becomes coarse, and nasty lumps appear on the surface.
- External factors. Rolling fibers caused by friction. As a rule, a thing begins to deteriorate in places of its contact with another, more coarse material. These factors are the straps of backpacks or trousers, jacket, worn over the sweater. At risk are synthetic or woolen products, as well as clothing with large fibers.
- Features of matter. All items in the wardrobe are sewn of synthetic or natural fabric. Everybody knows fleece, flannel, polyester, silk, knitwear, chintz, cotton and other materials. Regardless of the type of fabric, any item of clothing is not immune from the appearance of pellets. The type of fabric depends only on the rate at which the fibers are rolled.
- Wrong care. Many problems with things come from the fact that people are often inattentive to the information that the manufacturer indicates on the label. Important information includes the composition of the product, the rules of washing, drying and ironing. If you do not adhere to the proposed rules, the pellets will appear much earlier, and with proper care, trouble can be avoided.
Machine for shaving
The razor can help you remove the pellets on your clothes most effectively. It is important to choose not used accessory, but a new sharp apparatus. The method is delicate and will require attention and concentration from you. Suitable for the care of cotton or knitwear. The scheme of action is as follows:
- Spread the item on a flat surface to begin the procedure. Ask a friend to help you fix it in a strained position. It is necessary to exclude any likelihood of wrinkles and creases.
- Take a sharp machine without gel strips. Start processing from the back, moving from top to bottom. To increase efficiency, move without detachment from matter in short but smooth jerks.
- Periodically remove lumps that accumulate between the blades. After finishing, go to the front side, and first of all, treat the seams. Pay special attention to this. It is not necessary to lead the blade at the very bend, otherwise the fabric will be cut.
- As a rule, use of a razor is resorted to if it is necessary to clean mittens, gloves, scarves or hats, that is, small wardrobe items. "Mature" housewives use this method for pants and sweaters.
An important point! Products with long fibers are not amenable to razor processing. Be careful with wool or products from thick threads.
Lint treatment with scissors
The technique is suitable for removing large clumps from the fabric. Small nail scissors with thin blades are used. Care should be taken not to make puffs.
- Spread the clothes on a flat surface and direct the bright lamp to it in order to perform all manipulations in daylight. Hold scissors parallel to the surface, and carefully trim off unnecessary crowding of fibers.
- Haircut should start from the back, gradually moving forward. The sleeves, seams, neck, and other small items are processed last.
Removing the pellet from the clothes with the help of scissors is designed to care for items of clothing with a complex and intricate texture.
Scotch tape application
Using adhesive tape to remove is a simple but ineffective method. The procedure is carried out in several stages.
- Spread out and fix the thing.
- Cut a wide adhesive tape with 5-10 cm pieces.
- Attach to the site with the pellets, carefully press and sharply jerk. So you pick all the tumors, and at the same time remove dirt and dust. If necessary, repeat the manipulation several times.
Scotch can not cope with large lumps, but small, just succumb. The tape is used to clean coats, jackets, hats, scarves or knit sweaters.
An improved analog will be a special roller with a roll of adhesive tape with a handle for cleaning clothes. You can buy it at any supermarket. However, its effectiveness is 15-20% lower than that of scotch.
This method is suitable for the care of clothes with a long nap: mohair, angora and so on.
- Take the soft villus tool, clean it and scald it.
- Guide the brush along the fabric fibers, otherwise the product will be irreversibly damaged. Brush the thing several times "in rows" until the pellets are completely gone.
- As soon as you comb and remove the lumps, prepare a solution of 3 liters of water and 70 ml of vinegar for soaking. Send the finished product to the pelvis.
- Rinse the clothes, then lay them out to dry on terry towels. Keep wardrobe items away from radiators and direct sunlight. After drying, comb the bristles with a brush.
To date, there are many devices designed to care for the wardrobe. One of the most popular devices is the machine from the spool on the clothes.
- The device looks like a small box, which has a compartment with blades that are protected by a grid.
- The machine for removing the pellet from the clothes works like this: when carried along the matter, the lumps fall into the holes and are cut off. After that, they are moved to a special compartment for "garbage".
- The cost of the machine depends on its type. There are devices that work on batteries or battery. The price of the latter is higher (about 1000 rubles). You can buy a machine on batteries for 150-250 rubles.
- The drug is suitable for cleaning wool, knitwear, angora or mohair.
- In the settings of the machine, you can set the height of the blades, which is why the decoration elements are not damaged during processing.
The remaining removal techniques
- Sandpaper. If the fibers roll onto the lint-free cloth, you can clean the surface with a zero sandpaper. So you simultaneously comb the thing and cut off the small tumors.
- Bread rusks. Dry a piece of loaf in the oven. Spread clothes on a flat surface, and rub it with a cloth. If the cracker is strong, it will cut the lumps, and it will not damage the material.
- Gum. Chew the cud, then roll the wet substance on the subject of clothing, collecting all the extra details. Plasticine acts in the same way.
The sooner you find a problem and begin to solve it, the more likely it is to keep your clothes. You should not wait for a large cluster of unnecessary fallen balls. Regularly inspect the condition of the surfaces prone to the appearance of tumors, and remove the first ones that appear in time. So your wardrobe will look beautiful and well-groomed.
Where do the pellets come from?
Everybody met with lumps on things. After all, things from knitwear are in any wardrobe, and the pellets are often formed on such things. Usually they appear due to frequent friction of the fabric with other surfaces. As an example, you can take the warm sweaters that we wear under outerwear. Or in the place where the bag, which hangs on the shoulder, touches the trousers or T-shirt.
Often believe that the pellets appear only on substandard things. Usually, these are clothes made from fabrics in which the interlacing of threads is not very dense. Lint can also be coated with the pellets. However, there are other reasons for the appearance of the pellet on other tissues:
- Improper care of clothes. This may include washing with the use of inappropriate powders, as well as with inappropriate indications of water temperature.
- Not strong fabric, in which weakly twisted threads. This does not apply to knitwear.
It must be remembered that it is better to prevent the appearance of the pellets on things than to fight them for a long time. Try to buy clothes made from high-quality fabrics, and be sure to follow the recommendations on clothing labels. For example, all things need to be washed with a fabric softener. Wash clothes made of thin and woolen fabrics with your hands or in a delicate machine. Do not use hot water for washing.
Getting rid of the pellets is best when they are just starting to appear. But if the clothes are already heavily neglected, it will be difficult to return her old look. There are many ways to remove the pellet from things. So try it - and everything should work out for you!
A great way to prevent lint rolls is dry cleaning. Also, it can completely save you from rolled up villi. Such a pleasure is not cheap, so the problem can be solved at home, using traditional methods.
How to remove?
- For things that are constantly in “use”, you can use a proven method - a razor. The bottom line is the simple cleansing of the fabric by cutting off the pellet with the blade of a normal razor. Practice shows that this method is quite effective. But it can not be used for all fabrics. For example, things with a relief surface can be easily cut. Knitted things can also be damaged, because the looped structure of the fabric will cling to the blade. The main disadvantage of this method is “baldness” of the treated area. First of all it concerns fleecy and woolen fabrics. But if you still decide to use this method, use a regular razor without a soap strip. The procedure should be carried out by spreading the thing on a perfectly flat surface. Stretch the area to be treated so that even the smallest folds are not visible.
- If there are not too many lumps, but a woolen thing, then try to get rid of them in a simpler way, using a sponge for dishes or a toothbrush. Thus, you can easily comb out all the excess with a fleecy fabric. Do not forget that this method is valid only at the initial stage.
- A very effective and convenient tool that was invented specifically to remove the spool from things is a trimmer. This miracle machine collects the villi with a sticky roller, or simply cuts them off. The price is affordable and the result is obvious. The main convenience of this device is powered by conventional batteries, therefore, the machine can be carried with you everywhere.
- The next option to remove the pellet is a wide scotch tape. Scotch tape is very convenient for cleaning small areas of clothing. With this “tool“ you will not damage your things for sure. Glue the tape to the cloth, then tear it off with a sharp movement. As a result - all the extra villi will be on scotch. It can also be used in another way. Glue a double-sided tape on the roller, then tape it on top of it. So roll on the fabric, the result will be the same.
- The most innocuous option of dealing with pellets is a special liquid laundry detergent that contains special additives. Such agents soften the fibers of fabrics. Often, after several washes with such a liquid, the thing becomes softer. This tool can also be used for prevention.
- And the longest, but also effective way is to cut off the ill-fated villi with nail scissors. Thanks to them, you clean the fabric well and save it from accidental damage.
Now, when you know how to remove the notorious pellets from clothes, it remains only to find a way convenient for you, as well as to try it out in practice. Try to prevent them from appearing and care for your clothes correctly, then you will not have problems with ill-starred clumps.
Tip: before using any method, practice to start on the old, not the right thing.
Why do pellets appear?
In order to properly take measures to prevent the appearance of the pellet on clothes, you need to understand the reasons for their occurrence. There are several such factors:
- Fabric structure. Things from a material with a high content of artificial fibers are less susceptible to the appearance of pellets. And on the clothes of natural fabrics, these nasty balls appear quickly. And the less fiber yielded to chemical processing, the earlier you will find pellets on the surface of the thing.
- Wrong care. To minimize the number of pellets, carefully study the tag immediately after buying clothes. Wiping at an unacceptable temperature, improperly drying and using inappropriate detergents, you can significantly accelerate the deterioration of the appearance of clothing.
- If on the fabric in some places there is a long thread broach, then such a thing will very quickly become covered with small unpleasant roundels. Inspect clothing when buying for marriage.
- If the production of fabric is not very adhered to the technology and not enough twisted yarn, then this material will be loose and very prone to the appearance of pellets.
- Also, the pellets will probably appear on any fabric, if some of its area during the wear will be constantly rubbing about something. This problem often occurs when wearing a bag or backpack on one shoulder, with too tight outer clothing, etc.
How to remove the pellets from the clothes without damaging the fabric? Someone very inventive and economical invented a special device with which you can safely remove the pellets. The device is a bit like an electric razor both in appearance and protection. Inside the device are blades that move rapidly and cut everything that falls into their area of operation. The knives are covered with a special mesh through which the pellets penetrate the inside of the machine, but the fabric remains intact.
Manufacturers recommend using such devices to those who think how to remove the pellets from woolen things. They are very well suited for cleaning angora and mohair. So that the machine does not damage the stripes and decorative elements on the clothes, it is possible to adjust the height of the knife. There is also a container for pellets.
How to get rid of the pellets on clothes without spending money on special equipment? You can use a conventional razor, which is in every home. Before removing the pellets from clothes in this way, make sure it is safe for a particular fabric, because too fluffy and uneven material can be easily cut in one reckless movement. To the processing of woolen things come with great care. It is better to take for this not a very new razor, stretch the fabric to the maximum and shave the balls, directing the blade along the surface of the material from the bottom up.
Note: This cleaning method is very well suited for removing the pellets from woolen tights. They put on their feet, and then calmly "shave." Fabrics without a relief pattern can also be processed with a razor. And for clothes made of angora, mohair and cashmere, use a safer way.
How to remove the pellets from the pants or sweater, when there is nothing cutting at hand? This method does not give an absolute result, but sometimes you can apply it. Take any tape with adhesive backing. This may be a plaster, masking tape or tape. Apply strips to the fabric, carefully press and sharply tear off.
Tip: This method is more reasonable to use in cases where the pellets just started to appear.
This method is well suited only for people with iron exposure. The pellets will have to be cut very carefully and one by one. There is a risk to spoil the thing, so it is better to use scissors when working with dense, coarse fabrics. The method will help those who are experiencing how to remove the pellets from the coat.
Tip: Before using scissors, comb the surface of the fabric with a fine-toothed comb, so it will be easier to cut the balls.
There are several types of fabrics to which it is highly undesirable to apply various razors and other dangerous methods of cleaning the pellets. But how to remove the pellets from the jacket from mohair or angora? Take a soft-bristled toothbrush and comb the fleecy fabric, moving exclusively along the fibers. Perform this action until you get rid of the pellets. All of them will gather in one pile, which you just throw away. After such processing, things will need to return the old fluffiness. To do this, soak clothes in a container with warm water and vinegar.
This video, according to reviews, does not have a large stickiness, so it will help only in the case of the first small pellets. Хотя, он вполне подойдёт для профилактики образования таких шариков, ведь микроволокна с поверхности ткани будут вовремя удаляться.
Если вы заметили на поверхности ткани крупные шарики, то их проще всего убрать при помощи обычного гребешка с густыми зубчиками. Положите расчёску на ткань и медленно её двигайте. При перемещении расчёски, зубья будут захватывать и отрывать катышки.
This option will be a true salvation for people who do not even imagine how to quickly remove the hated pellets from their clothes at home. The procedure, of course, costs a lot of money. But, besides removing the pellets, the dry-cleaning staff will hold a number of very useful activities: they will wash, clean and professionally stroke the thing.
This is a particularly extreme method. It was used by our great-grandmothers. Hardly dried piece of bread to rub the area with the pellets. If the bread piece is very well hardened, then the pieces will not break off from it, well, and the rough pores will perfectly “catch” the extra formations on the fabric.
What to do so that the pellets do not appear?
In order not to suffer from the sudden and not at all desirable appearance of careless woolen balls on clothes, not to engage in their long-term elimination or not to spend money on dry cleaning, it is sufficient to simply follow basic rules for the care of clothes made from natural fabrics:
- Try to strictly follow the recommendations for washing, ironing and drying products listed on the labels of things. In the Internet age, understanding what these strange badges mean is absolutely not difficult.
- If you wash knitwear or woolen things with your hands, try not to rub them hard. And when pushing up - do not unscrew. Intensive exposure during washing and drying can cause the rapid formation of pellets and cause premature wear of the fabric.
- Delicate fabrics of wool, mohair and angora should be washed only with the use of special liquid products. On the bottles of such preparations there is also a note about the softening effect. Also use air conditioning additionally.
- When putting on something that is prone to the formation of pellets, wear it carefully. Watch with special attention for problem areas: sleeves and seams. Care in use concerns not only clothes, but also bed linen.
- Things that are expensive with a special quality are best not to wash at home and not to try to clean yourself. It is better to use dry cleaning services in this case.
The sooner you notice the appearance of a problem and proceed to the removal of the pellets, the longer you can save the thing. Do not wait for the accumulation of a large number of unpleasant fallen balls. Try to regularly inspect the state of the surface of things prone to the formation of pellets, and in time remove the first small balls. So your clothes will always look neat and beautiful.
- Synthetics in the fabric. It is worth noting that the least subject to the appearance of the pellets are things made of artificial fabric. But natural and natural with admixtures of synthetics, for the most part - the opposite.
- Illiterate care of things. For example, washing with the wrong means, in the water of the wrong temperature, etc.
- Long thread broach fabric. They can be seen with the naked eye when buying things.
- Loose fabric (badly twisted threads).
- Intense friction of the fabric o any surface.
How to remove the pellets and not spoil the thing?
- Machine to remove the pellets
The device with which it is easier and easiest to deal with this problem. Principle of action: accurate cutting of the pellets from the fabric. The device is recommended for knitwear and any wool fabrics.
In particular, for angora and mohair. Advantages of the machine: the ability to adjust the height of the knife (not to damage the decorations on the clothes), the container for the pellets, quick and easy removal of the pellets (price - 200-400 r).
The method is very fast, radical and dangerous to the fabric. Having fixed an edge in the safe razor (the Soviet sample), it is possible to clear knitted fabrics easily of pellets. But the processing of woolen things should be approached with caution: take a razor not new, stretch the fabric as much as possible, carefully cut the pellets, directing the blade along the surface of the fabric from the bottom up.
The method is ideal for "shaving" hats, socks and tights (the latter is easiest to handle, pulling on the legs), for fabrics without embossed design (smooth). But things from angora, mohair and cashmere shaving is not recommended.
One cannot wait for a 100% result (although it depends on the type of fabric), so the adhesive tape (adhesives, adhesive tape) is chosen as sticky as possible.
The principle of action - as with wax strips for hair removal: put the strip, pressed, sharply pulled off. The method is suitable for those things where the pellets have just started to appear.
Slow, tedious and time consuming method. The pellets should be carefully cut one by one. True, there is a danger of permanent tissue damage. You can simplify the task by pre-combing the thing with a comb with fine teeth.
- Dry cleaning
A great option for those who have no wind in their wallet. The staff of dry-cleaning your favorite thing and wash, and clean, and ironed, and get rid of the pellets.
A good means of dealing with pellets on fabrics that are prohibited for shaving (mohair, angora, etc.). Choose a soft toothbrush, direct it along the fibers (otherwise your favorite sweater will be simply spoiled) and comb the thing until the pellets are completely removed. After combing out the pellets, soak the item in a basin with warm water and vinegar to add fluffiness to it. A dry should be - placing the thing on a dry towel and away from the sun and heaters.
- Adhesive Tape
Suitable for almost any thing, but, again, as in the case of scotch, only for a small number of barely appeared pellets.
Prevention of pellets on clothes - tips housewives
As you know, problems are easier to prevent than to delve into the methods of solving them. The pellets - like, and are not a global problem, but can spoil the mood. Therefore, we remember how to prevent or at least reduce the appearance of pellets.
- We strictly observe the socks, washing, drying and ironing regimes. That is, read the labels on the clothes and choose the desired mode of washing, suitable means, etc.
- Washing powder choose with special ingredientsto prevent the appearance of pellets (marking - "softens the fibers of the fabric"). True, there is a minus: the smell of these components - an amateur. And also you need to remember about the nuances: you should consider the compatibility of the product with the composition of water and the type of fabric.
- For washing things that are predisposed to the pellets, use gentle washing mode and air conditioning.
- Regularly cleans things from the pellets at the very beginning their appearance, and not when you already want to just give up and send the thing to the country. A couple of pellets are easier to remove than a couple of thousand.
- Knitwear washable only at low water temperature (+ mode "delicate wash"). For woolen clothes, we use special detergents, a softening conditioner and a “hand wash” mode.
- Do not unscrew, do not rub or soak knitwear when washing. And we iron only at the temperature indicated on the label (according to the composition of the fibers).
- As for expensive things - it is better to take them to dry cleaning.
And how do you cope with the pellets on clothes? Share your experiences in the comments below!
Search for better ways to remove the pellets will not have to prevent their formation. Where do the balls from the nap come from, which give things a dull look?
- Friction. It causes excessive rolling. Most often balls from pile are formed where the clothes adjoin to products from rough material. Trousers are belted, backpack belts, and so on.
- Features of the material. Things made from synthetic or wool yarns are at risk, as are products with a large pile.
- Wrong care. Not all people remember that things need competent care. Recommendations that take into account the characteristics of the material can be found on the product label. Each fabric has specific requirements for washing, ironing, drying.
- Unsuitable powder. Each product needs a cleaning agent that suits them. If the composition is chosen incorrectly, inevitably desensitization of the fabric and the formation of pile balls.
How to get rid of the coat on clothes with the help of a typewriter
What is the first way to look? How to remove the pellets from clothes very quickly? There is a device specifically designed to deal with balls of lint. It is a compact box that has a compartment with lattice-protected blades. There are battery and battery models to choose from. The cost of the device, as a rule, does not exceed 1000 rubles.
To understand the principle of the device is easy. When driving on the surface of the fabric pile balls fall into the holes and are cut off. As a result, they find themselves in a compartment designed for "garbage".
This method is recommended for those who are thinking about how to get rid of the pellets on woolen clothes. It is also suitable for cleansing knitwear. Many models allow you to adjust the height of the blades, so that the decorative elements remain intact and safe when cutting lumps.
How to remove the pellets from clothes at home, if there is no special device? If the task is to remove large balls from the pile, you can give preference to scissors.
- It is worth to use nail scissors with a thin blade.
- The product is laid out on a flat surface, smoothed.
- Manipulations must be performed in sunlight or daylight. Scissors should be held parallel to clothing.
- Haircut starts from the back. Neck, sleeves, seams and other small items are processed last.
- Work slowly and carefully, as there is a high probability of damaging clothing.
How and what to remove the pellets on clothes? The use of a razor is a method that remains relevant for many years. Need a model with a sharp blade without a strip of gel. Old machine does not fit, need a new accessory.
- Spread the thing on a flat surface, stretch and fix. Ideally, this should be done together to eliminate any hint at the formation of folds.
- Processing starts from the back, you need to move from top to bottom. The machine should not be torn from the fabric, the movement should be short and smooth.
- As soon as the balls of pile are collected between the blades, they need to be cleaned.
- Particular attention is paid to the treatment of seams. Fibers will be damaged if you drive the blade straight along a bend.
The safety razor can safely be used to clean knitwear or cotton. Products with a long nap with it can not handle. It is also not recommended to use a razor, if the pellets are formed on woolen clothes. The machine is often used to remove nap balls from mittens, gloves, hats, scarves and other wardrobe items that have compact dimensions.
How to quickly get rid of the coat on clothes? Adhesive tape is a tool often used by professional tailors.
- Clothes need to be spread out on a flat surface, firmly fix.
- It will take several segments of wide scotch 5-10 cm long.
- The strip is pasted on the affected area, smoothed. Then you need to sharply pull up the tape. On it will remain not only the pellets, but also other third-party elements.
- If necessary, you can process one zone several times.
It must be remembered that the adhesive tape is effective only in the fight against small pile balls. It is useless against large pellets. This method is useful primarily for those who want to clean a sweater, knit, jacket and coat. It is also used to clean up scarves and hats.
Brush for brushing teeth - another home tool in the fight against the pellets. Attention should be paid to this option if you plan on cleaning clothes with a long nap. It is best to use a model with soft bristles.
- The brush must be prepared for use. To do this, it is cleaned, scalded with boiling water and thoroughly dried.
- Brush must be led along the fibers of the fabric, otherwise the thing will be damaged irrevocably. The affected area "combed" several times, this continues until the complete disappearance of the balls.
- Next, clothes must be soaked in a special solution. To prepare it, you need to dissolve 70 ml of vinegar in three liters of water.
- Then the product must be rinsed, leave on terry towels until completely dry. It is important that the item is kept away from heating appliances and sunlight during drying.
- After drying, the fabric must be treated with a brush for clothes, it will positively affect its appearance.
An overview of ways to remove the pellets from clothes is hardly complete without mentioning sandpaper. This method is relevant when it comes to cleaning a lint-free product. The surface is processed until all small formations are removed.
Surprisingly, to get rid of pile balls, you can use ordinary gum. It must be chewed before use. Then the wet gum rolls evenly over the affected areas. As a result, the pellets will stick to it.
Instead of chewing gum, you can use clay. The principle of operation in this case is the same, only clay does not need to be kept in the mouth before use.
Sponge for dishes
Sponge for dishes - another faithful assistant in the fight against pellets. She needs to rub the damaged product until all tuft balls are cut.
How to quickly get rid of the pellet on the clothes? Affected items can be attributed to dry cleaning, where such service is provided. Perhaps the only drawback of this method is that it is not free.
It must be remembered that the old pellets are removed much more difficult and longer than new formations. Therefore, things are recommended to inspect before each wash, immediately get rid of pile balls.
Why do things appear on things?
There are several reasons why hated lumps appear on your favorite cashmere blouse or knit dress:
- Constant friction of clothing on other objects or on the fabric itself is one of the most common causes of the appearance of the pellet. For example, they can appear on the sleeves or in the area of the buttocks. This cause is almost impossible to eliminate, so you have to deal with the consequences.
- Wrong wash. Using the wrong washing mode or washing powder inevitably leads not only to the formation of pellets, but also to the deterioration of clothing.
- The combination of different types of fabric, especially if the main - natural with a small admixture of synthetics.
- Big friability of fabric. This can be felt by simply feeling the fabric when buying.
Machine to remove the pellets
This machine is the best way to remove ugly lumps on things. It is not expensive, but it has several advantages at once.
First, here you can change the height of the knives. This function helps not to damage clothes and get rid of the pellets, even if there are any decorations on things.
In addition, this method does not require much effort, takes a little time and is suitable for any fabric.
To simplify the task, you can first comb the fabric with small scallops. Then you need to cut one each lump on the fabric.
Remember, this is a dangerous way to dress that will require a lot of patience and accuracy. Scissors can severely damage clothing if the point hits a cloth. In addition, the method takes a lot of time and requires great perseverance and concentration.
A comb is perfect for removing large pills. She is carried out on the fabric, the lumps of matter cling to it, stuck between the teeth, and they are cut off with scissors. The comb should be with fine thick teeth.
Sharp razor blade or electric shaver
The availability of the method really captivates, because every home has a razor. The thing just needs to be “shave”, but it must be done first in one direction, then you can change the direction. Razor is better suited for knitwear.
Also in this way it is convenient to clean worn hats or wool socks by pulling them on your knee. The method is fast, but rather radical - you need to be careful with it:
- The fabric should be stretched as much as possible, insert a disposable blade into the razor and use it on knitwear.
- If the lumps of fabric need to be removed from the wool, that is better to use a blunt blade, so the probability of damaging the fabric will be significantly reduced.
The principle of work, as well as at an emery paper - a biscuit scrapes off pellets from a matter. To make a cracker, you need to dry a piece of bread in the sun or in the oven. Bread is better to use rye and not very loose, so that the biscuit does not crumble in the hands of pressing. Dried bread must be held several times in the problem area until it is completely removed.
Adhesive tape for woolen things
Using scotch in the fight against the pellets is not so easy, it will require some skill, besides, it must be very sticky.
The method is suitable only for "fresh" pellets, with the old, he just can not cope.
Scotch tape works on the principle of wax strips. You just need to stick the adhesive tape to the damaged area of fabric, press it a little and tear it off with a sharp movement.
Прелесть метода в том, что повредить ткань, используя липкую застежку, невозможно. Нужно просто взять ту сторону, на которой есть маленькие крючки, и приклеивать ее к одежде с катышками в местах повреждения, резко отрывая. Убирать таким методом катышки с одежды – одно удовольствие.
In some cases, regular foot pumice can be effective. Rubbing her area with the pellets, you can see that they remain in the pits of the pumice.
Abrasive side sponge for washing dishes
The method is suitable for things on which the pellets have appeared recently. It is necessary to turn the sponge on the rough side and carefully walk along the material several times.
If there is no desire or time to tinker with annoying lumps on clothes that spoil the look of any thing, you can dry your clothes, where professionals will take care of them.
How to protect clothes
To prevent wear of the thing and the appearance of her pellets on it, you should follow the following recommendations:
- Keep things that are prone to the appearance of the pellets turned inside out.
- It is better to wash such clothes, not twisting, to dry on a clean towel.
- Do not use hard powder or detergent.
- Follow the clothing care instructions (washing temperature, ironing)
- If you do not know how to care for expensive fabrics, give them dry cleaning.
- To minimize the friction of things prone to the formation of lumps, it is better not to wear them under outer clothing.
- If small pellets appear on the fabric, try to get rid of them as quickly as possible.
- Knitwear does not need to unscrew and soak.
- Use products labeled “softens fibers and fabrics.”
Following these simple tips, you can protect clothes from the appearance of her pellets and other damage.
Causes of rolling and prevention methods
How to get rid of the pellets on clothes? The best method is to prevent them from appearing. And in order to protect your favorite thing, it is important to understand why the pellets can form on it. It is also useful to get acquainted with some tricks that will significantly extend the life of dresses and pullovers.
Why do ugly nodules appear
There is an opinion that unsightly pellets appear only on poor quality clothing. Such a stereotype is easily destroyed by observations from practice. Indeed, even on natural and expensive clothes such nodules can appear. The reasons for the formation of pellets on clothes are usually hidden in such factors.
- Features of the fabric. Some materials are predisposed to the appearance of ugly nodules. Most often, the pellets are observed on knitted and woolen things. A similar problem occurs on fabrics of mixed type, when synthetic threads are diluted with natural.
- Manufacturing defects. Sometimes there may be areas where there are long broaches or tightly twisted yarns. It is in these places that the first nodules will begin to form. To determine such areas on the eye, it is enough to carefully inspect the fabric before purchasing, stretching it in front of a light source.
- External factors. Rolling can be caused by excessive friction. Most often, the first pellets appear on the sweater at the point of contact with the strap from the bag or on the waist of the pants as a result of the impact of the belt.
- Wrong care. All things have a tag. It contains valuable information on the mode of washing, permissible temperatures. The manufacturer usually indicates whether the spin is allowed and at what speed. Non-observance of such rules often results in the appearance of various unpleasant defects, including the appearance of pellets.
How to care for things so that the problem does not arise
As the reviews show, it is much easier to prevent the appearance of a pellet on clothes than to fight them. And to protect your things from damage will help the following recommendations.
- Consider manufacturer's advice. Always try to follow the product care instructions.
- Do not use hot water. It is completely undesirable to wash things at high temperatures. This is permissible only in extreme cases.
- Put a sweater in the freezer. Despite the apparent absurdity of such an event, it effectively helps prevent the appearance of pellets. It is necessary to keep the new thing in the freezer on a tray or in a package for ten hours. Then it is immersed in warm water and allowed to thaw. This procedure will not only prevent the appearance of nodules, but also make the new sweater less “biting”.
- Remove nodules in a timely manner. It is much easier to remove the pellets, which are more inconspicuous than those that have already been “hardened” by several washes.
- Choose the right powders. For washing clothes, it is recommended to choose powders, the marking of which contains the mark “softening fabric fibers”.
- Use the help of dry cleaning. In order not to suffer the question of how to properly wash and remove the pellets from a coat or other expensive item, it is better to use the services of a professional dry cleaner.
How to remove the pellets from the clothes: 6 basic devices
After washing, the pellets can only be removed mechanically. And in order not to damage the product, it is better to use a shaver - the same machine for removing ugly nodules. In the absence of such, you can resort to the help of improvised means, which, in appearance, are not even suitable for this. But this is only at first glance.
Features If the choice fell on a razor, then you need all the attention and accuracy. It is very easy for them to damage the fabric. Therefore, for delicate and very expensive products, this method is best not to use. Nor is it like things from mohair, angora. Usually, a razor is used to remove the pellets from small woolen things: socks, hats, mittens, gloves, and pantyhose.
- The area of the product with knots must be strongly stretched.
- Lightly touch the razor cloth. Trying to “shave off” the nodules just touching the surface of the product.
- Move to the bottom up.
Features You can remove the pellets without a razor. If the nodules are quite large, then they are easy to cut with scissors. This method will help to return a beautiful view to things with a complex texture, a grooved pattern or containing various decorative objects.
- The product is placed on a flat surface, slightly stretching the areas damaged by nodules.
- Holding the scissors strictly parallel to the fabric, they begin to cut the pellets. The procedure requires great care, because any awkward movement can provide the appearance of delays.
- It is recommended to process large surfaces initially. And only then they proceed to the cleansing of the fabric from the knots on small details: the sleeves, the neck.
Reviews: “The coolest way is beard trimmer”
On the clothes in the process of socks often appear pellets, which greatly spoil the appearance. However, getting rid of them is not difficult.
There are special machines for removing the pellets, but you can make it easier.
You need to take a shaving machine (any, even cheap disposable razors will do) and gently, so as not to cut the thread, shave the pellets.
After that, the clothes can be further cleaned with the sticky side of the scotch tape, winding a circle on his hand - this will help get rid of dust and lint.
And I know another method, I used it myself. So, we need to wet the new sweater and put it on a tray, then in the freezer for about 6 hours. Then it should be dipped in warm water, so that it would completely “thaw”. The reels on such a jumper will not be completely and the jumper will be very soft!
Scissors do not always manage to remove the pellets. I'm a machine like that. But also used the machine. So-so, although there may be some good, dear ones. My cheap, cost a hundred rubles.
I found the coolest way !! Her husband's trimmer for modeling a beard with a small nozzle - and a woolen dress like new! And then all the sweaters, hats and more!