Today, a businessman and an entrepreneur are hard to imagine without such an attribute of success as a business card, also called a business card. What is it for? It is clear that it indicates the name of its owner or the name of the company, contact numbers, addresses for the organization of fast communication, etc. But business cards are important not only because of this information. A beautifully and well-executed card can say a lot about its owner and his status, which contributes to a more rapid cooperation. However, the order of such products in specializing in printing companies is very costly (the creation of the layout, design, the cost of paper, printing, etc.). In principle, if the card is needed very urgently, it will not be difficult to make business cards with your own hands. The only question is which approach to apply.
Do-it-yourself business card: a few preliminary tips
The first and most important condition for creating a business card is maximum information content and brevity, plus creative design, not to mention the quality of the paper.
Get carried away informative not worth it. The maximum that you can specify is personal data or company name and business profile, telephone, email and website (if necessary, mailing address). The second condition is easily recognizable logo. The third is quality printing on good paper.
Naturally, you can create your own business card design in at least two simple ways: make it manually or use computer programs. The first option looks somewhat more laborious, but as an example, consider it.
How to make a sample business cards do it yourself without using computer programs
When creating a card, one condition should be taken into account: as a unified standard for business cards, it is conditionally taken to be 5 x 9 cm. From this, one should make a start.
If you do not use computer applications, you will first have to cut out the corresponding fragment from a sheet of thick cardboard or plain paper, and then draw a logo, if any, and prescribe the necessary information. You can draw with pencils, felt-tip pens or paints. For writing the text, the future sample business card with your own hands is desirable to mark with horizontal and vertical barely noticeable lines (this way it will be much easier to write text, and the letters will be even and not extending beyond the boundaries of the lines). When the main work on the design will be completed, you can multiply the samples using the most ordinary scanner or color Xerox.
Of course, you can create a logo and draw it manually. However, in terms of professional approach, it is better to use special computer programs. Any graphic editor will do for this, but for simplicity, it is better to give preference to, say, the Logaster online utility.
Both the logo and the layout itself are created within a few minutes, but the service is paid. If this option is not suitable, you can use a variety of free utilities, which today are quite a lot.
Using Word Text Editor
But we will assume that the logo is created and saved in some kind of graphic format. Now let's see how to create a business card with your own hands using the simplest tools of the Word office application. There may be several options here.
The simplest is the use of ready-made solutions in the application itself. Do-it-yourself business cards templates are quite simple. To do this, you need to use the template that is available in the program or downloaded from the Office resource, change it as you like, and then save it in the same format by selecting it from the drop-down list when saving.
On the other hand, a business card with your own hands in this program can be created using the most ordinary table. Only in this case should take into account the size that was specified above. In addition, when using templates, indents for pictures and text are set automatically, and in the tables such parameters will have to be set independently. When creating a table in which there will be several cells vertically and two horizontally, the standard A4 sheet in the page parameters should be set to 1.27 cm indent. Naturally, when filling in the text fields, the vertical size of one field should not exceed 5 cm (horizontal cm). Then you can enter text, fill, insert graphics in the form of the same logo, etc.
Finally, a business card with your own hands can be created using the usual insert pattern with cropping or resizing to the desired size. Stretching small pictures is not recommended because the quality of the image itself will suffer. Now the most important thing: to enter text over the image through the right click on it, from the settings you need to select text wrap and set the value “Behind the text”. After that, you can enter the necessary information, keeping the proportions.
Actions in Paint or in other graphic editors
Quite simply business cards are created in graphic editors. For example, in the same standard Paint application, it all comes down to creating a new file, setting the desired size for it, or immediately opening an image with resizing (Ctrl + W - proportional changing, Ctrl + E - arbitrary), or simply cutting it.
After that, in the background of the picture, again, the necessary contact information is entered and additional design elements are applied.
So, the layout of the business card is ready. Now it needs to be printed on paper. Talking about professional equipment in the home is not necessary, so we will repel from what is.
For a preliminary assessment of the appearance, you can use the simplest laser printer. But for the final print you will need at least an inkjet, and even better - a photo printer.
As for paper, it is probably already clear that it is not recommended to use standard sheets for office printing in any case. It is advisable to choose a more dense material. Not bad even for inkjet printers suitable paper designed for printing photos on devices of a rank higher. You understand that the card must be tight and not deformed in your hand.
What is the result?
As you can already understand, the creation of a business card with one's own hands does not pose any particular difficulties. Here you need to rely on your own imagination, the methods or programs used and the observance of some important conditions regarding the size and information presented on the business card, because, as they say, brevity is the sister of talent. But there should not be too pompous business cards either, because her style is more related to the business sphere, and not to the art of decoration.
Order business cards
The easiest, but the most expensive option is to order business cards. All you need from you is to find a printing company and place an order. If you have any thoughts about the design of your business cards, then by all means tell about them. If there are no hints, then contact the designer for help, he is in every self-respecting company.
This person will offer you his ideas. Be sure to tell more about who you are and what services you offer; this information may be important and will help you choose the right design. The advantage of this method of creating business cards is that, at your request, they can immediately laminate, which is very convenient.
The convenience of creating online business cards lies in the fact that you don’t even need to leave home, you can arrange business cards while sitting at a computer and in a fairly short amount of time. For example, the service Logaster, which is created in Russian, with its help you can easily create business cards. It is enough to choose the layout of the business card from the set proposed, enter your data, after which, you can download high quality business card layouts for printing. For more information about the process of creating business cards on Logaster, you can here.
Word program is absolutely on every computer. To begin, we will offer you the easiest way to create a beautiful, bright and original business card. So, the algorithm of actions:
- To get started, go online and find the image that will be the background for your business card. Remember that text will be inserted into the image, so do not choose too bright, dark or colorful pictures.
- Create a document. Now find the “Insert” window in the toolbar, click on it and select the “Picture” option. Insert the image you selected. Immediately you can resize the image by left-clicking on the corner and pulling it. At this stage, you can also slightly edit the image by changing its color, brightness, contrast, and other parameters.
- It now remains to write the text. To do this, move the cursor over the image, click on the right mouse button. In the menu that appears, select "Text Wrap," and then "Behind the text."
- Start typing text. If necessary, shift the margins, change the font, and so on. Copy the image with the text several times (as many as you need a business card). Print the received images.
- Business cards are ready!
Another way to make business cards is to use tables. Here is what you need to do:
- Create a document and change the fields immediately for convenience. Find the option “Page Layout” in the toolbar, then “Fields”. Select a value of 0.5 inches.
- Now find the tab "Insert", then "Table". Create a table of two columns and five rows.
- Find the cross mark in the upper left corner of the table and right-click on it. Select "Table Properties" from the menu. In the "String" tab, set the value to 5 centimeters, and in the "Column" tab, set a value equal to 9 centimeters. These sizes for business cards are standard.
- Find the "Table" tab, and then find the "Options" option. Remove indents inside the cells by setting 0 everywhere.
- Now click on one of the cells and enter the text.
- Copy text to other cells.
- Print business cards and cut.
The algorithm of your actions is as follows:
- Open the Paint graphic editor.
- Create a new file, set its size (5x9 centimeters).
- Insert image. To do this, first select it, then copy (click on the image with the right mouse button and select the "Copy" command), and then paste (hover the cursor on the file, click the right mouse button and select the paste command).
- If necessary, make a frame.
- Enter text.
- Edit everything and print.
It is much easier and more correct to use special programs designed specifically for creating business cards. Find those simple and easy on the world wide web. Choose the most simple and convenient and start to act. Interfaces of such applications, as a rule, do not have cardinal differences, so the creation of a business card consists of several stages:
- First you need to create a new file.
- The second stage is the creation of a project or layout. This is a kind of plan, the location of the elements on the business card. Choose the appropriate option and move on.
- Now you can enter your data and slightly adjust the format.
- Now create a design. Most programs offer a lot of interesting options, so you can choose something appropriate.
- Now edit the business card and print it.
Create a business card with your own hands
If you do not understand computer programs and do not want to spend money on ordering ready-made business cards, then use your imagination. How to make a business card with your own hands?
- So cut the pattern first. On it you will create. Use thick paper, thin will not work.
- Now come up with some image and transfer it to paper. You can draw with pencils or felt-tip pens. But it is better not to use markers, since they usually spread out, which is why the pictures do not turn out neat. Try using paints, but do not overdo it with water. The drawing should not be too bright and catchy, since you will write text on top of it.
- Now proceed directly to the text. It is better to first make a markup using a simple pencil, drawing bare lines. Write what you need in beautiful calligraphic handwriting. If nature has not rewarded you, you can use a stencil with letters.
- You can "multiply" the business card using a scanner.
- If desired, business cards can be laminated.
Some useful tips for making business cards:
- Design select, given the scope of their activities. So, if you offer the services of a photographer, then mark on the business card an image of a camera or a person holding it.
- Do not be afraid to use bold ideas, because the business card should catch and attract attention.
- Do not overfill the business card with information, in this case, the person will not remember anything. Write only the most necessary. And the most important points will certainly highlight using different from the main font or color.
- Remember that the main should be the text, not the image, so do not choose too bright or large figures, they will distract the attention of potential customers.