A person cannot sleep for a long time, wakes up several times every night every 30-40 minutes, gets up too early in the morning. Sometimes the awakening comes late, but the sleep is not very deep. There are many ways in which you can affect sleep disorders, make it normal. These include: sleeping pills, some antidepressants, as well as a folk remedy for insomnia (at home it has been used for a long time).
How to make a strong sleep, how to treat insomnia and what to do in case of sleep disturbance, this article will tell.
Causes of Insomnia
There are too many reasons for poor sleep, as the ability of normal sleep to be affected by internal and external factors.
One of the external reasons is the poor environment around the person who went to sleep. The inconvenient place and bed, loud conversations, and the temperature of the air in the bedroom adversely affect the person’s sleep.
If a person at home and at work constantly faces stressful situations or he is tormented by fear, anxiety, and depression, this can also affect sleep. The disease, accompanied by sharp pain, frequent urination, severe itching of the skin, is another cause of insomnia. What are folk remedies for insomnia, how to effectively cure insomnia with their help? Let's talk about it further.
Home remedies for treating insomnia
A person has all the possibilities to solve a problem with a bad dream on their own. Folk remedies for insomnia are different, if you try, then find the option you need is easy. To begin, make sure that you lead the right lifestyle, if not, then it will take more than one day and one week to return to the right direction.
Treatment of insomnia folk remedies (tips):
Drunk a glass of alcohol before bedtime - this is bad. At first glance, it seems that drunk will help calm down, and you can sleep all night long. In reality, it is quite the opposite. First, the sedative effect acts, the person falls asleep, as they say, on the go. But after a while there is an awakening, and it is not possible to fall asleep until the morning. Alcohol has a bad effect on the depth of sleep, you need to remember that. From cigarettes also have to give up, tobacco has a stimulating effect.
There are suggestions that coffee is a hindrance to restful sleep, as the caffeine in it is the best invigorating agent, and it remains in the human body for a whole day. For good sleep, it is better to refuse coffee and caffeine-containing products.
If you get cold remedies without a prescription, be sure to ask about the effect they have on sleep. Some medicines have properties like coffee in relation to the body.
Early in the morning and during the day you need to do physical exercises, but before bedtime it is better to give up, because they stimulate the nervous system, which leads to sleep disturbance.
It is undesirable to sleep in the afternoon; then in the evening it is unlikely to be able to fall asleep on time. A read sheet of a book before bedtime will help you relax and cause a nap. A good remedy for insomnia at home is to dream about something pleasant, to imagine beautiful landscapes: let it be the forest, the sea, the beach and, of course, you are in that place. Then just fall asleep. The sleep will be calm and the morning will be kind.
Honey - the best cure for insomnia
Traditional medicine with the support of traditional medicine believes that honey should be used to normalize sleep. There are different ways to receive it. You can make a tasty and healthy syrup by taking a tablespoon of honey and Borjomi mineral water and adding half a spoonful of finely chopped lemon. Take such a folk remedy should be in the morning.
Well established popular recipe, which included honey and apple cider vinegar. Every day, lying in bed, you need to eat two teaspoons of a mixture of three teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and 200 grams. honey Not half an hour later, as a nap.
In order to prevent the rush of blood to the brain and calm the nervous system, it is useful to make a compress on the calves of the grated horseradish mixed with honey. As a supplement, drink a glass of pickle pickles, adding a little sage honey.
Honey is considered a strong allergen and can cause undesirable reactions. People who are allergic to this beekeeping product should not be used to treat sleep disorders.
Insomnia: effective treatment of folk remedies, herbal
People suffered from insomnia at different times. They knew how to deal with it with the help of traditional medicine and a variety of medicinal plants. The effectiveness of such treatment is regarded positively.
• If you consult a doctor, then anyone can treat insomnia with such means. Side effects are not observed.
• Preparations from medicinal plants are not toxic, and their effect on the body is positive.
• Folk remedy for insomnia at home does not give side effects.
Not everyone has a stable financial position, especially in our difficult times. To save the family budget, some medicinal plants can be prepared independently.
There are various folk remedies for insomnia. Herbal therapy is one of them. There are a lot of recipes in which the main component is a medicinal herb, they all deserve attention. Here are some of them:
Collection 1. The broth, which has a calming effect on the nervous system and helps to relax, includes the following medicinal herbs: peppermint, motherwort grass, hop cones, root and rhizomes of valerian in a ratio of 3: 3: 2: 2. Recommended 10 grams. mix brew in 250 ml. water and boil in a water bath for 10 minutes. Then strain, if not the original volume, topped up with boiled water. Three times a day, the last one before bedtime, to drink such a decoction to 0.5 cups. He will eliminate insomnia.
Collection 2. Three times a day they drink medicine from three-leaf watch grass, hop cones, valerian, peppermint leaves, taken all equally, one tablespoon is brewed with a glass of boiling water. Dose - 100 ml. at one time.
Collection 3. Traditional healers use this method. Take in equal quantities mint leaves and chamomile flowers, mixed together with the fruits of fennel and valerian roots, add cumin. 200 ml. boiling water will need 10 grams. collection, after which half an hour will have to evaporate in a water bath. After cooling, the broth is filtered and topped up with cold boiled water to the original volume. Drink in the morning and in the evening before bedtime for a whole glass. The medicine helps to overcome neurosis and insomnia.
What baths to take from insomnia
There is no doubt that the best helpers in restoring sound sleep are folk remedies for insomnia. How to cure insomnia effectively? Considering this question, it is impossible not to note the effectiveness of water procedures. The main thing - do not overdo it with the temperature of the water, it should be no higher than 40 degrees. Bathing should take place two hours after a meal and a couple of hours before going to bed. Water should not cover the region of the heart.
If you add medicinal herbs to the bath, it will act much more efficiently. Herbalists advise to add pre-brewed medicinal fees. For example, fragrant hay, fir cones and pine needles. Moreover, cones and needles boil, then leave to infuse for 15 hours. The liquid should turn brown. Duration of stay in the bath should not exceed 15 minutes.
Sleep problems can go away if you take a bath with valerian decoction for ten days in a row. Why in one liter of water to boil 200 grams. its rhizomes.
At first glance, such a remedy for insomnia at home, like clay, seems unusual. But it is very effective and interesting. It is worth trying at least twelve days to apply it two hours before bedtime - and you can firmly say that the condition has improved. What is this clay treatment? Everything is very simple. This is a modeling of various figures with rounded edges, which acts soothingly on the human brain, making the installation on sleep.
Another great method is clay wrapping. It will take only 7 procedures. For them, you need to prepare a little more than half a glass of white clay, a third of a cup of hot water, and 10 ml. infusion of yarrow. All components are placed in an enamel bowl, mix thoroughly. Gruel put on a napkin and put on his forehead and temples, hold for 20 minutes.
Proper nutrition for insomnia
Compliance with the diet - it is also a folk remedy for insomnia (home method). The mode can not be changed, it must be set once and for all. Its violation will lead to the failure of the systems and the organism as a whole. As a result - insomnia and aging.
The entire human body, the digestive system as well, requires an overnight rest. It will be disturbed if you sleep well before bedtime. The last meal should be at least 3 hours before bedtime. For dinner, the menu must include easily digestible foods, such as vegetables and fruits. Fatty meat food should not be on the table in the evening. It is worth refusing tea and coffee.
It is best to drink a cup of warm milk before bedtime, adding a spoonful of honey. Such a folk remedy is especially effective for ill falling asleep children.
People are obliged to pay attention to the intake of vitamins, especially vitamin B, which, by strengthening the nervous system, helps to improve sleep and sleep. Rich in this vitamin: bread, nuts, oatmeal. The main source is brewer's yeast.
A great effect in the treatment of insomnia is observed from taking tea from anise seeds. You can prepare it like this: put half a teaspoon of anise seeds in a preheated tea pot, add boiling water and insist. Strain and drink half a cup before bedtime. The honey added will not hurt. And sugar is not recommended at bedtime, it is the causative agent of the nervous system. Drinking liquid also does not give anything good, since frequent visits to the toilet interfere with normal sleep.
When should I start taking medication for insomnia?
There are cases when a remedy for insomnia at home does not give positive results. Then you can apply sleeping pills, after consulting with a doctor before taking them. Unfortunately, the pills have a lot of side effects, in addition, you can get used to them. It turns out that you can start taking them only in the most difficult cases of insomnia.
You should never despair. Carefully read the recommendations and try to follow them.
What breaks a healthy sleep
The most common sleep disturbance is health problems that have a negative effect on the body. In this case, insomnia should not be treated with sleeping pills, but attention should be paid to the underlying disease.
Insomnia can be from overwork, depression and neurosis. Dinner from fatty, smoked and spicy foods also affects sleep. Violation of work schedules, night shifts - this is also the cause of insomnia.
The main reason for not falling asleep and poor sleep is its poor hygiene. It has some very simple rules to follow. This will help make the dream enjoyable.
- Going to bed and waking up at the same time.
- When insomnia sleep during the day is not recommended. Fractional sleep will aggravate the problem.
- A good night's sleep is possible if there is a cozy atmosphere in the room for sleeping.
- Going to bed, throw out thoughts about TV and the Internet. Avoid reading books and newspapers. We need to remember one rule: the bed is intended only for sleep.
If you follow all the recommendations, you can make the dream quality and enjoyable.
Drugs for insomnia
Sleeping pills are not as harmless as they seem. Many of them can cause addiction and make sleep impossible without pills. This means that one does not need to conduct experiments for insomnia alone, but to go to a somnologist, who will help determine the treatment.The list of pills for sleep disorders is great. Safe and effective remedies that are sold without a doctor's prescription are the following: valerian (tablets), motherwort (tincture), Persen, Novo-Passit, and Melaxen. But this does not mean that they can be taken without the appointment of the attending physician.
In many cases, without medication you will not manage, but if you know how to treat insomnia with folk remedies, why not try a harmless way, and only then move on to using medications?
Why insomnia is haunting man
Causes of poor sleep:
- stress, depression, fear,
- bad bed
- heat, little fresh air,
- overeating before bedtime
- smoking, alcohol,
- illness, severe pain.
All reasons cannot be listed. Let's better find something that helps get rid of it. You can, of course, take drugs, but they are toxic, and also get used to them so quickly that they cease to act.
1. Folk remedies for insomnia
A good remedy for this phenomenon at home is the dream of a pleasant holiday, the presentation of beautiful sea or forest landscapes. You will not even notice how sweet slumber will come.
Best of all is to use folk remedies and not to suffer. Drink a cup of warm milk with 1 tsp. honey In a few minutes, the drowsiness will take you to their sweet nets.
An excellent tool is tea with mint, roots, valerian leaves, anise seeds.
How to make anise tea? Heat the kettle by rinsing it with hot water. Put there 0.5 hours spoonful of seeds, add boiling water, cover, let stand for 20 minutes. Strain, drink 100 ml overnight, adding 1 tsp. honey
2. Herbs for insomnia
If the disease has developed on nerve soil, then prepare such a mixture. The main thing is to keep the proportion - 3: 3: 2: 2. Take mint, motherwort herb, hop cones, valerian root, mix everything up. Then 10 grams of the mixture pour 250 ml of water, put in a water bath, boil for 10 minutes, filter, add to the original volume, drink 3 times a day. Last reception at night.
The recipe of traditional healers: take equal parts of chamomile, peppermint, fennel fruit, valerian root, mixed. Take 10 grams. herbs brew 200 ml of boiling water, put in a water bath, evaporate for 25 minutes. Then strain, add water to get 200 ml again.
How to take: drink twice a day, one glass. You can cure neurosis, insomnia, calm the heart.
3. Clay treatment
What is it? Start before you go to bed to sculpt clay figurines. After 2 weeks you will feel how you began to sleep soundly.
Another interesting method. Dissolve white clay in half a glass of boiling water, add 3-4 tablespoons of yarrow broth, stir. Put the mixture in a gauze napkin, tie it up. Apply to temples for 20-25 minutes on forehead.
4. Dill and wormwood for sound sleep
Dill is endowed with many useful properties, including the fight against falling asleep. Recipe: pour 1 tbsp. l chopped herbs one Art. hot water, insist 1,5-2 hours. Drink 0.5 glass 3 times the day before a meal, then drink 1 glass at night.
Wormwood - an invaluable tool in the fight for sound sleep. Recipe: 1-2 tbsp. l herbs wormwood insist in 2 tbsp. boiling water 2 hours. Drink before you go to bed.
Insomnia: Causes and Consequences
What consequences can occur if you do not treat insomnia? Insomnia can lead to incredibly severe complications that will be a real threat to your health. The most unpleasant consequences of this condition are severe disorders of the nervous system, depression, psychosis. But the main thing - insomnia can provoke strokes, heart attacks and other dangerous diseases. There is not a single person in the world who has not changed the quality of life because of insomnia. Many experience apathy, severe irritability. When a person does not get enough sleep, he suffers from increased fatigue, notices that the memory is disturbed, the brain is slower, and the physical strength of the essential decreases. All this can not affect the productivity, professional activity.
- dry mouth
- excessive sweating
- panic attacks,
- low immunity
- exacerbation of chronic diseases.
Are you suffering from insomnia? Home treatment should be carried out in a timely manner. After all, the rate of development of complications is growing rapidly in recent years. And this is proven by medical research. А значит, последствия от невылеченной бессонницы могут быть еще более печальными и опасными. Важно принять экстренные меры. Нужно найти подходящее средство от бессонницы. В домашних условиях лечить бессонницу следует только с разрешения врача.Ineffective treatment can trigger pathological processes that can lead to the development of mental and somatic disorders.
Want to know how to get rid of insomnia? What helps to cope with this problem? First you need to deal with the nature of its occurrence. What are the main causes of insomnia? There are two main causes of sleep disorders:
- Mental disorders (mental stress, depression, apathy, anxious thoughts).
- Physical discomfort (uncomfortable bed, new furnishings, excessive overwork, chronic pain).
In any case, there is a remedy for insomnia. At home, using herbs, massage and other means. Many patients have already been convinced that the problem can be dealt with, and this can be done without resorting to medication. Not for nothing that people came up with homemade recipes. Mankind is not the first century fighting insomnia.
Remedies for insomnia: what helps
It is worth, however, to heed the advice of somnologists. Specialists who deal with sleep disorders, give their recommendations to get rid of insomnia.
If you want the process of falling asleep to happen quickly and without problems, for an hour and a half before bedtime, forget about:
- Strenuous mental activity.
- Overeating, eating heavy food.
- Large amount of fluid.
- Solving everyday problems, work tasks.
- View mind-stirring films.
- Coffee, strong tea.
Of course, you need to prepare a comfortable pillow in advance, it is important to sleep in a comfortable bed. Before going to bed, you should take a walk in the fresh air, ventilate the bedroom well. It is advisable to develop the habit of going to bed and getting up at the same time. You should not break your mode even on a weekend or holiday. Particular attention should be paid to the bedroom interior: remove noisy objects from the room (constantly ticking clocks, for example), bright lights, choose dark bedding. It is good when there are “useful” flowers in the bedroom: let's say blooming geraniums.
Among the non-drug products for getting rid of insomnia, the choice is quite wide:
- Dietary nutrition. As you know, get rid of insomnia and help special diets. As the most useful drink recommend warm milk with honey.
- Herbal treatments. Nature itself has provided us with a solution - natural medicinal herbs that have no side effects, contraindications to which there is no addiction. Examples are chamomile, hops, primrose, dill, melissa. Using these herbs, you can independently prepare an effective remedy for insomnia.
At home, they are prepared simply: the leaves or flowers of the plant are poured with boiled water and infused for 15-20 minutes, then the broth is filtered and consumed before bedtime. Chamomile calms, Melissa increases the pressure (an excellent tool for hypotensive). Still wise healers advise to mix wormwood, hops, and thyme, put them in a bag and hang them at the head of the bed.
- Aromatherapy. It is proved that thanks to aromatic essential oils, the nervous system quickly returns to normal, the emotional background stabilizes, the irritation disappears. For relaxation, it is recommended to lubricate the temples, the forehead with lavender oil, you can take fragrant baths with droplets of valerian, chamomile, rosewood basil, anise. Alternatively, you can make a massage with essential oil.
As soon as you decide to start fighting insomnia using medicinal herbs, first consult your doctor. Although most of the herbs are considered harmless, some of them cannot be used for hypertension, pregnancy, lactation. It is all the more forbidden to combine the use of herbal infusions with alcohol and pills. Uncontrolled struggle with insomnia can lead to irreparable consequences.
Best of all is to combine the recommendations of somnologists and home remedies. Then you will definitely get rid of the typical symptoms of insomnia: restless sleep, early awakenings, lack of weakness.
5. What to do if you can not sleep at night
How to fall asleep, if your body is still full of energy, and the brain is ready to "move mountains"? The answer is simple, you just need to fool yourself. Instead of counting the sheep, try not to fall asleep. Psychologist Julia Hirst advises: "Try to keep your eyes wide open and constantly repeat yourself:" I do not want to sleep.
Oddly enough, the reaction of your brain will be the opposite. According to the scientist, he will “rebel” and will begin to prepare for bed. In psychology, this phenomenon is called the "paradox of sleep."
Well, it’s, like, the old, kind advice: “So that the laundry during the machine wash does not twist into the blanket cover, you need to advance, before washing it there to shove. And, on the contrary, it will fall out! ”
If this does not work, try slowing your breathing. As you know, in a dream, we breathe much slower and more evenly than when awake. Imagine a sea wave somewhere on the shore of a warm tropical beach, and adjust your breath to its rhythm. According to somnologists, it helps.
Sleepers are sleep specialists. Imagine how they have seminars and workshops! Seriously, I myself just start to watch my breath, saying to myself: “This is about ... oh ... the air fills the lungs at the top, u, then at the bottom - uu ... This is your breath-xxx ... the lungs shrink and pull out the air. “You know, it helps!
6. How to get rid of insomnia during pregnancy
What to take during pregnancy? Just do not drink any pills. There are natural medicines that also help well. When pregnancy can drink valerian infusion.
But here, too, do not overdo it, otherwise you will get a different effect. Excellent means of tea from motherwort, thyme, licorice, peppermint, chamomile, but not from hop. Juice from radish, turnip, beet with the addition of honey will be useful.
Celery grass also gives an excellent result: take 20 grams of leaves, pour 200 ml of boiling water, leave for 30 minutes. Drink this broth should be three times a day.
In addition to natural remedies, the correct mode of the day, walking before bedtime, a pleasant, warm shower, and a comfortable bed will save you from worrying at night. To find a comfortable position, lay pillows, one place under your leg, another one under your back.
7. Insomnia in menopause
This trouble is visited by almost all women with menopause, due to hormonal changes in the body. Tips are the same as in all moments of the manifestation of this disease.
As a remedy for insomnia with menopause, well-known products are useful:
- Honey and Milk. If a woman has a normal level of glucose, you can take a glass of their mixture at night. In 100 ml of warm milk stir 1 tsp. honey and drink half an hour before bedtime
- Tomato juice. They add a little nutmeg and drink it before dinner, for 2 hours. The taste of the drink is peculiar, but it helps to sleep well.
The only thing is not to feel like a sick person, you should not reduce physical activity, succumb to depression.
Climax is a normal physiological phenomenon that cannot be avoided by any woman.
8. Insomnia on a diet.
No matter what, women are on a diet, which means you need to help them:
- Your diet should contain foods rich in vitamins C, B, calcium, zinc, magnesium,
- turn off the light, because by light the body will not produce the hormone melatonin, which is responsible for drowsiness and wakefulness,
- try to sleep without a pillow, so you unload the neck muscles,
- drink a night mint decoction through a straw, with pleasure, with slow sips. Such sucking will remind the baby's sleep reflex.
9. How to deal with insomnia in old age
In old age, people very often spend a sleepless night. First of all, it is necessary to create a calm atmosphere for an elderly person, to ensure the flow of fresh air into the room where he sleeps.
He needs to fall asleep at the same time, make a warm foot bath for the night or wear warm socks on his legs, have a pillow full of fresh hop cones.
An excellent remedy is to drink three teaspoons of poppy broth for the night.
How to prepare it: brew 200 ml boiling water over one head of the plant, leave for 20-30 minutes, then drink.
10. How to treat insomnia in men
What should a man do if he tosses from side to side all night. Tips are repeated, but you still need to drink less coffee, sit at the computer, move more, be in the open air, eliminate smoking and alcohol.
It is good to sniff valerian drops at bedtime. Start with three shallow breaths. Look at the reaction of the body: an overdose will respond headache.
Try still to put garlic under the pillow - an unusual, but effective method. How does she work? You need to put a few cloves or a whole head under the pillow. The aroma of garlic envelops and strengthens sleep, in the morning you will feel great.
Those people who have experienced this method, note the appearance of a good sleep, a surge of strength, the disappearance of pain in the heart, pressure surges.
Folk remedies will not help you if you do not throw all negative thoughts out of your head before going to bed.
After 6 pm try not to drink green tea and coffee, as these drinks have a high caffeine content. The same applies to sweets, as well as fatty foods - give up such food 2-4 hours before bedtime.
Try to be distracted and do not think about work or problems, read an interesting book or watch a funny movie. You have to learn to think positively, only this way you will get rid of problems with sleep.
11. What to do with insomnia at home
Well, the last tip from the well-known Ivan Neumyvakin. Maybe this is exactly what will help you?
At parting, I want to advise: find a natural remedy for you to do without drugs. Nature has long taken care of us.
What is dangerous insomnia
If you do not treat insomnia, it is fraught with serious health complications. The most unpleasant consequences are severe CNS disorder, psychosis, and depression. Also, insomnia can cause heart attack, stroke and other dangerous diseases.
Most people who have trouble sleeping experience intense irritability and apathy. A person who suffers from sleep deprivation quickly gets tired, forgets everything, it is difficult to understand and feel physical weakness. All this has a negative impact on personal and professional life:
- insufficient immunity
- dry mouth
- increased sweating
- panic attacks,
- accelerated heartbeat
- exacerbation of chronic diseases.
If you want to do without drugs during the treatment of insomnia and only folk remedies seduce you, consult with your doctor. After all, self-treatment can be ineffective and start the pathological process that will lead to somatic and mental disorders.
Signs of insomnia:
- problematic sleep,
- constant awakenings at night
- difficulty falling asleep after waking up at night,
- superficial sleep
- drinking alcohol or sleeping pills to fall asleep
- difficulty concentrating throughout the day
- daytime tiredness, drowsiness, irritability.
Insomnia and its causes
Often suffer from insomnia in old age. But the problem can overcome both the child and the adult. There are two main causes of insomnia:
- mental disorder (anxious thoughts, apathy, depression, mental overstrain),
- physical discomfort (new environment, overwork, uncomfortable sleeper, chronic pain).
In any case, there is a suitable remedy for insomnia. And these are not pharmaceutical preparations, but ordinary herbs, massage and other means that are always on hand at every home.
Ways to get rid of insomnia
Of all the proposed methods, you can try everything and choose the best for yourself. Or combine several ways to solve the problem as efficiently as possible.
- At bedtime, do not turn on the TV, computer, tablet, phone - all equipment with a luminous screen. Any backlit electronics negatively affects the brain and reduces the level of the substance that is responsible for sleep (melatonin). The brain reacts to the screen as if it were daylight, and does not want to adjust to sleep. Therefore, an hour before the planned bed-off, turn off all appliances with a luminous screen.
- Set a sleep schedule. Lie down every day at a certain time. Develop it at the level of habit and do not deviate depending on weekends, trips and other factors. This will help get rid of insomnia and more effectively improve labor skills.
- Come up with a ritual preceding sleep. For example, 30 minutes before a night's rest, brush your teeth or take a warm bath. You can read an hour before bedtime, drink a soothing herbal tea. This will be a kind of signal for the brain that it's time to fall asleep.
- Avoid over-stimulation of the nervous system at bedtime. Do not watch a scary movie, do not read bad news, do not scandal with friends or relatives. Doctors do not even recommend having sex before falling asleep. Be calm, relax and you will surely get to sleep.
- Eliminate irritants. Too cold or hot blanket, inappropriate color design of the room, uncomfortable bedding or pajamas, a creaking bed, light from the window lanterns, children sleeping with you. Solve all these problems during the day, and leave the night to rest. And clear your mind before you fall asleep. All affairs leave in the morning.
- Can not sleep - do not lie in vain. Wash the dishes, tidy up the cabinets, iron the laundry. You will get tired and after an hour you will be able to fall asleep without any problems.
- Count to 100, change poses, massage your head, drink warm milk, air the room - all this will help you fall asleep faster.
- Adjust your breathing. Breathe deeply and slowly, filling the cells with oxygen. Such a focus on inhalation and exhalation will help get rid of third-party thoughts and saturate the cells with oxygen.
- Dill. In half a liter of Cahors boil two tablespoons of seeds and drink before bedtime 2 tbsp. l
- Valerian root. Grind 2 tbsp. l Root and cover with a pair of glasses of boiling water. Boil 30 minutes, insist and drink 1-2 tbsp before bedtime. l
Clover. Dried or fresh flowers pour a glass of boiling water directly in a thermos. Let stand 30 minutes. Drink half a glass of solution at bedtime.
- Nettle. A tablespoon of seeds in a glass of boiling water boil for 10-15 minutes. and insist 2 hours. The broth is drunk before bedtime, preheated.
- Goat milk. Drink it already in bed, adding a couple of drops of valerian tincture and 1 tsp to the liquid. Honey
- Honey. A teaspoon of bee product dissolved in a glass of heated water. Suitable and decoction of lemon balm, mint, chamomile. Drink the mixture in small sips.
- Orange peel with raisins. Citrus peel can be used to make a healthy drink. Dry the orange peels, take 1 tbsp. l Blanks and 1 tsp. dark raisins, pour boiling water over. Drink in a few minutes, sweetened with honey beforehand.
If these elementary methods did not help you, then consult a doctor who will prescribe you a special treatment. Have a good and peaceful sleep!
Symptoms of insomnia
In the fight against insomnia, it is important not to miss its initial clinical manifestations, which are manifested by the following symptoms:
- violation of falling asleep - a drowsy state, which occurs before bedtime, disappears, as soon as the patient goes to bed, it is often possible to fall asleep only in the morning when it is necessary to get up,
- poor quality of sleep - fast falling asleep is accompanied by a night awakening, after which it is impossible to fall asleep again,
- Constant early waking up - fast falling asleep, followed by a short sleep and early waking up, regardless of the time you fall asleep.
The onset of symptoms of sleep disturbance is an indication for starting treatment for this pathological condition.
Why you need to get rid of insomnia
Lack of normal night rest, leads to overexcitement of the nervous system, as a result of which the normal functioning of the internal organs begins to suffer. But first of all, failure occurs in the central nervous system.
Appears irritability, low mood, which can turn into neurosis. If there is no recovery of lost sleep, the further development of the pathology leads to depression. And with these clinical manifestations, on the part of the nervous system, it will be much more difficult to cope.
Malfunction of the central nervous system provokes the development of pathology on the part of the vascular and cardiac systems of the body. Insomnia affects the development of hypertension, diabetes, and the tendency to obesity. The progression of the pathological process of insomnia, leads to the emergence of psychosomatic diseases.
First aid for insomnia
It is very important at the first symptoms of sleep disorders, to begin treatment and help the body recover. To do this, immediately switch to sleeping pills is not recommended, and how to overcome insomnia without medication, the answer will give a specialist.
Most often, sleep disorders in working age in young people occur on the background of stress. To remove the pathological reaction of the nervous system to negative situations, it is necessary to calm the nervous system, relieve tension and anxiety. Помогут в этом легкие седативные средства, оказывающие положительный эффект на ЦНС.
Каждому пациенту с нарушением сна, присущи свои индивидуальные особенности. Поэтому терапия нарушения сна начинается с применения таких средств, как:
- экстракт валерианы в таблетках,
- spirit tincture of peony,
- spirit tincture of motherwort,
- spirit tincture of valerian root.
These drugs have a calming effect on the nervous system and contribute to the rapid sleep, improve the quality of sleep. Tinctures are applied on 15 - 20 drops two - three times a day during the month. Course treatment gives a positive effect on sleep loss.
Addition to the reception of these sedatives, can be attributed to the use of dietary supplements. These are drugs that help eliminate sleep disorders, relieve irritability and reduce the lability of the nervous system. Produced by the medical industry on the basis of extracts from natural medicinal plants, enriched with vitamins. The most popular are dietary supplements:
- Neurostabil - has a mild sedative and sedative effect on the nervous system, normalizes blood pressure numbers, increases resistance to stress. It contains extracts of motherwort, hop cones, fireweed, oregano, vitamins of group B, D, E. The drug is enriched with potassium and magnesium. 1 tablet taken three times a day,
- Antistressorosis is a herbal medicine that has a complex of medicinal herbs in its composition, which has a sedative effect on the central nervous system, improves sleep and relieves anxiety. Enriched with potassium, magnesium and glycine. 1 tablet taken three times a day,
- Normoxane is a dietary supplement with a sedative effect that improves sleep quality. Contains extracts of valerian root, Baikal skullcap, passionflower stems. Take 1 capsule twice a day.
How to deal with insomnia without medication at home? In this case, you can use the recipes of traditional medicine, which give a positive effect in insomnia. Using a variety of decoctions, infusions or teas with soothing properties, in combination with dietary supplements, you can establish a normal sleep for one month.
The most popular medicinal herbs are used for the treatment:
- valerian root,
- hop cones,
- Dill seeds.
In addition, the pharmacy chain offers ready-made herbal preparations in filter bags, which are brewed with boiling water and used as tea for sleep disorders.
Additional measures to combat insomnia
The therapeutic effect of any pathological process will always be much higher if an integrated approach is used to solve the problem. Is no exception and the fight against insomnia.
A good addition to normalize sleep is balneotherapy, that is, water treatments. Water has a calming effect on the body, and with the addition of coniferous concentrate, sea salt or aromatic oils to the bath, the sedative effect doubles. Warm baths, with a water temperature of 36 degrees, is not only a pleasant procedure, but also a powerful therapeutic tool. The course of treatment consists of 10 procedures, lasting 15 - 20 minutes, which are taken every other day.
Relieving irritability, anxiety and tension can be achieved with aromatherapy. This is a pleasant method of treating sleep disorders with odors. Used to normalize the night rest of the oil of various plants with a sedative effect.
The most popular in the fight against insomnia are:
- lavender, neroli, chamomile - improve the quality of sleep,
- juniper, mandarin, orange - helps to quickly fall asleep,
- flat leaf vanilla - contributing to relaxation.
A drop of oil on a napkin or in an aromalampa will return a feeling of satisfaction with a night’s rest and a morning awakening accompanied by a good mood.
How to get rid of insomnia without medication using meditation? Mastering this technique brings many health benefits to the patient. The method has no contraindications and side effects. You can master it at any age. The regularity of doing meditation gives an improvement in mental health, restoring sleep, in a good mood, and a positive attitude towards life.
Meditation techniques can be taught by a psychotherapist. The specialist's help to the patient, in some cases, can be either in the form of training with a doctor, or in the form of self-help, that is, learning relaxation, “reprogramming” negative thoughts into positive images. Meditation classes allow you to cope with insomnia and improve the quality of life.
Lifestyle and day regimen
Success in the fight against insomnia will be much more effective if, along with the treatment of herbal preparations, water procedures and the use of meditation techniques, to observe the rules of sleep hygiene and daily regimen. This will allow much faster to get rid of insomnia, as the stereotype developed in the process of compliance with certain rules will be consolidated.
Mode that must be followed:
- go to bed and get up at the same time, despite weekends and holidays,
- avoid daytime sleep, if it does not work out, then daytime rest should be no more than half an hour,
- playing sports or in the gym is stopped six hours before night rest,
- dinner should be light three hours before bedtime
- exclude watching television, especially with a negative plot, as well as computer games two hours before bedtime,
- observe a certain ritual before bedtime - listen to relaxing music, read a light novel,
- air out the bedroom
- if possible, make an evening walk for half an hour.
Compliance with these simple rules will lead to the restoration of the body's biological clock. Only an integrated approach to combat insomnia, without the use of hypnotic drugs, will give a positive result in restoring sleep.
The author of the article: Neurologist Ivanova Tatiana Vladimirovna
- The fear of death (thanatophobia) is a phobia of a person, expressed in an obsessive one.
- Fear of failure (athyphobia) is peculiar to each individual, but one person succeeds.
- The fear of being alone at least once in every life was experienced by each individual. Many people understand.
How to get rid of insomnia at night at home
First you need to find out the reason for the lack of sleep and then, based on the reason, it will become clear what to do next and how to eliminate insomnia. The difficulty in establishing the cause lies in the fact that each person is individual. Therefore, it is necessary initially by self-analysis to determine the reasons that prompted a lack of sleep.
Some individuals are not able to sleep, because during the day they drink a lot of strong coffee or tea. Then a bad night's sleep makes you wake up in the morning for cheerfulness, drink coffee again and, ultimately, at night the person does not fall asleep again, and in the morning is again broken and sluggish. This continues in a circle that must be broken to get rid of insomnia.
The most common cause of lack of sleep at night is stress and depression. It is very difficult for a person experiencing depression and stress to fall asleep quickly and, as a rule, at night the sleep is short and not deep. To solve this problem, you need to learn how to get rid of oppressive thoughts and relax.
The next cause of insomnia at night is sleep during the day. Lack of sleep at night is replenished by the individual during the day and on the night ahead the problem of falling asleep again arises. So it can last forever. You can solve this problem if you endure and change habits.
The above reasons for lack of sleep are the most common, but there can be a lot of them.
Some people cannot fall asleep, because they watch horrors and action films at night, and in other people sleepless nights are caused by medication. Women have a sleep problem during the ICP period, and most people experience this problem with chronic diseases. In the latter cases, you should consult a doctor and be examined, and not try to get rid of insomnia yourself.
So, how to get rid of insomnia at home? To this end, we find out the reasons for the lack of sleep. To do this, experts recommend starting a sleep diary in which to reflect on what the individual ate during the day, how he spent his leisure time, what medications he took, what films he watched, what literature he read, how much time he spent at the computer, how much he laid down at night and relaxed in the morning .
All that will seem significant, you want to record in the diary. The next morning, the individual should note in his diary the strength of sleep and the speed of falling asleep. So gradually will become clear causes of insomnia.
To get rid of insomnia at home, you need to choose personal ways of relaxation. This may be meditation, self-hypnosis, music therapy, communication with animals, color therapy, dance and movement therapy, yoga. Possession of these techniques will help you learn to relax, as well as to renounce life problems.
How to get rid of insomnia in old age? At least two hours before going to bed, you need to immerse yourself in a calm atmosphere, while rejecting books and films in such genres as action films, pitiful melodramas, and thrillers. Action films and works of art provoke adrenaline production, which is not conducive to falling asleep. While worrying about heroes, an elderly person is sad or tense, and without noticing it becomes depressed, sad, which does not contribute to falling asleep.
Why is this happening? Touching the soul, a book or a film does not allow to fall asleep for a long time, as an elderly person mentally scrolls in his head all sorts of options, as well as further events. Therefore, these works to read and watch before bedtime is not recommended. At bedtime, elderly and vulnerable individuals are also not recommended to talk on the phone with people whose conversations are often frustrating. You should still not read bad news in newspapers, as well as watch news channels. Before a night rest, it would be advisable to view a soothing video about nature, a funny video with animals or children.
How to get rid of insomnia quickly? To do this, follow the following rules:
- it is required to go to bed at the same time,
- exclude from the daily rest,
- in case of urgent need to arrange a quiet hour at least 7 hours before the night of the day.
It is possible to get rid of insomnia if you stop worrying about the approaching night, because anxiety itself is many times more harmful than insomnia itself. The longer a person fails to fall asleep, the higher his emotional excitement. And it happens all the time in a circle.
What to do in this case? Before a night's rest, you should take a warm bath using essential oils and salt, and take care not to see the time lying in bed. Indeed, realizing the coming of the morning, the individual begins to experience even more, and the clock acts as an irritant.
If a person wants to permanently get rid of insomnia, then you should undergo a full examination by specialists, since self-treatment is not safe.
Ways to treat insomnia
Many people often ask themselves: how to fall asleep if you can't sleep? The best way, if insomnia is not caused by a disease, is sedentary, repetitive exercise. For example, reading books, prayers or knitting, but not working at the computer. Stress causes eye fatigue and disrupts sleep. You can use other means of insomnia:
- a hot bath before bed,
- warm drink with honey
- To combat an ailment, it is necessary to move a lot, for example, during lunch, go to a cafe or shop, and after work it is advisable to take a short walk,
- swimming in the pool and performing elementary exercises
- visiting a psychologist
- use of homeopathy methods.
The choice of drugs for insomnia is limited by the fact that as such a universal drug for this disease does not exist. Treatment of asomnia is the restoration of a disturbed sleep biological rhythm. Isolated from the complex of wellness treatments, a cure for insomnia does not solve the main problem of agrinia, painful insomnia. It is always better to start treatment with herbal preparations.
In the fight against insomnia, several groups of drugs are used: sedatives, antihistamines, tranquilizers. They are constantly being improved, reducing side effects and various contraindications. Pills are available for all age groups of patients. As a rule, to overcome the signs of illness, people buy non-prescription drugs for insomnia, which contain a vegetable base:
Persen tablets for insomnia have a mild effect. They contain extract of lemon balm, valerian. They will not cause a drowsy state during the day. The course of treatment is one week. It should be taken on the day of the drug 3 times 2 capsules. Ortho-Taurin prevents overwork (physical and mental), fixes sleep. Not addictive. It is necessary to drink 2 capsules an hour before bedtime, treatment - from 10 days to a month.
Aside from pills, what helps for insomnia? Drops! Anyone who suffers from asomnia (insomnia) should pay attention to the new domestic drug Valemidin. It contains only herbal sedatives: motherwort, valerian, mint. Adults should take drops against insomnia before eating, having dissolved them previously in water. Dispense 30 drops 4 times a day. They should take no more than 10 days. Can help with insomnia and lily of the valley drops - you need a week for the night to take 30 drops, diluted in water.
From proven people can help proven funds. Our great-grandmothers knew how to get rid of insomnia at home. All treatment in highly excitable healthy people is reduced to the observance of sleep patterns. In case of prolonged agripnia, along with treatment with drugs, the intake of natural simple remedies from traditional medicine is recommended. Herbal and insomnia treatment is very simple.
Treats insomnia Ivan-tea: pour boiling water over 3 tbsp. l dried herbs, leave the tincture for 5 hours in a thermos. Take 4 times a day. Elderberry also helps to cope with the disease: a tablespoon of red elderberry root should be boiled with boiling water, then boiled for 15 minutes and left for half an hour. Broth per day to use 3 times. From the disease helps infusion of dill: one st.l. dry grass should be boiled with boiling water and poured overnight insist in a thermos. Then strain. Drink decoction from insomnia, one glass a day. There is also a herbal collection:
- Take 30 grams. motherwort and peppermint, 20 gr. hop cones and valerian.
- Mix everything and pour boiling water, heat for 20 minutes. Next, you need to squeeze the raw material and pour some water.
- Broth should drink 1/2 cup 3 times.
With the help of honey
Honey helps strengthen the body, it facilitates sleep and acts as a sedative for the nervous system. Recipes:
- Honey and milk are excellent for insomnia. Every day before bedtime you should drink a warm milk product with honey.
- Beet juice and honey: you must take a glass of honey and a glass of beet juice, stir and pour into any jar. Drink the infusion is necessary 3 times for 1 st. l a day until the whole mixture is over.
- As a preventive measure, drink warm honey water at night.
How to deal with insomnia at home
Sleep disturbance prevents a person from living peacefully and doing ordinary things. Many people, faced with a problem, have no idea what to do to fall asleep? You can try to deal with the disease before visiting the doctor at home. For this you need:
- observe the diet,
- eliminate heavy food from the diet
- do sport,
- take vitamins
- To breathe fresh air,
- Prepare a bed for sleep: air the room, use orthopedic bedding.
The main condition for preparing for bed is regimen. If a child goes to bed every day at one time, then very soon he will get used to it. More tips:
- Come up with a special ritual for the baby to sleep. You need some kind of repetitive action that takes place just before bedtime. For example, reading a fairy tale or swimming.
- Lullaby - time-tested way of laying. The child will feel loved.
Often you can hear from pregnant women: “I wake up at night and can't sleep, what can I take?” You need to consult with your doctor before taking medications about the safety of the drug for the unborn baby. In addition, it is important to avoid daytime stresses. Before bedtime, drink thyme tea. Do not sleep during the day. To get rid of asomnia well helps:
- daily physical education,
- daily regime,
- airing the room
- comfortable pajamas and a place to sleep,
- an evening walk.
In old age
In older people, sleep disturbance is more common. They can suffer due to the fact that blood circulation is deteriorating and melatonin levels are decreasing. This problem should be treated and measures taken to eliminate it, using special medications. The main condition - remedies for insomnia for the elderly should be safe, not cause complications in the whole body. In addition, the following actions will help people at the age of curing insomnia:
- you need to make your bed comfortable
- avoid stress
- do not drink coffee and too strong tea,
- eliminate fatty foods
- проветривайте комнату, но так, чтобы не заболеть,
- гуляйте почаще на свежем воздухе,
- спите в хлопчатобумажном белье.
От чего бывает бессонница
Причинами возникновения бессонницы бывают: хроническое заболевание, перевозбуждение, переутомление, негативное отношение к миру, неправильный образ жизни. The motive for the disease can be a cup of strong tea drunk at night, or a fatty meal eaten for dinner and a glass of wine or beer drunk. In addition, a symptom of asomnia can be when:
- binge drinking
- in women, with menopause,
- in newborns - with colic,
- taking medicine
- loud music, bright light in the room,
- bad habits
- strong experiences.
Video: how to sleep with insomnia
Different people are prone to insomnia, regardless of their social status, age, gender and wealth level. The only reasons for its occurrence are individual. How to quickly get rid of insomnia, about the drugs and how to treat asomnia is well described in the video. By following the simple advice of famous people, you will forget forever what a sleep disorder is.