In principle, the cleaning itself is not a problem. But the main difficulty is hard-to-reach places. Many radiators are made in the form of so-called "accordions", and the spaces between the individual sections are very small, so getting to them, and even less thoroughly washing them up, is not easy. In addition, the dust settles on the back surface, and to pay attention to it is even more difficult. But still if you show ingenuity and try, everything will be possible.
So, how to clean the batteries quickly and simply from dirt? We offer proven and effective ways by many hostesses:
- To get to hard-to-reach places, namely areas in the holes between the sections, you can use the usual old or left without a pair of socks. Put the sock on your finger and slide it in all the gaps.
- Use a vacuum cleaner equipped with a special narrow nozzle to remove dirt from the spaces between the radiator sections. Moreover, it is possible to program the device both for the suction function and for the blowing mode, this will increase the chances of a successful and thorough cleaning.
- You can use a bottle brush or a small brush to clean holes and other hard-to-reach places.
- You can use a spray bottle filled with detergent. First, spray the cleaning compound over the entire surface of the radiator, and then use regular, clean, hot water to remove any residues and impurities. But such a procedure involves the risk of contamination or wetting of the wall behind the radiator, as well as the floor. But this can be avoided by providing reliable protection. Cover the floor with oilcloth or other non-wetting material, such as PVC film or a regular plastic bag (they can also close the wall behind the battery). You can also put a baking sheet or other container under the radiator.
- Use a steam generator; it perfectly removes even heavy dirt, dissolving them with elevated temperatures and humidity. But when processing the radiator in this way, do not forget to protect the surrounding surfaces (for example, in the manner described above).
- For the next method, you will need boiling water, a kettle, as well as a flat, large and wide container (for example, a baking sheet) rags. Fill the tank with boiling water and place under the radiator. From above water the battery with boiling water from the kettle, paying attention to all areas, including difficult to reach ones. At the same time flowing water will fall into the tank standing below. Next, wipe the heater with rags.
- Put a rag behind the back surface of the radiator (preferably over the package so that the wall does not get wet), and then blow off the dust with a hair dryer, choosing the maximum air flow rate and its temperature. Then all the dirt will be removed and will settle on a damp cloth.
What tools to use for cleaning?
For cleaning, you can use different tools. For example, chemistry is very effective, that is, specialized detergents sold in stores, intended for cleaning various surfaces and containing surface-active particles that literally dissolve dirt.
Also effective and folk remedies, and sometimes they cope with the dirt faster than the store. Several proven recipes:
- Soap solution. And best of all for its preparation to use laundry soap, as it contains alkali, and it quickly copes with dirt. Grate a piece of the grater and dissolve in a small amount of hot water.
- Lemon juice or citric acid. Just squeeze a lemon or dissolve two teaspoons of powder in half a glass of warm water.
- Vinegar. Essence can be used, it will accurately cope even with complex contaminants. But you need to work with it carefully, wearing thick rubber gloves.
- Baking soda is also an effective and proven not one generation detergent. It is necessary to prepare either a solution by adding a couple of teaspoons to half a glass of hot water, or a mush, diluting the powder with a small amount of water. The composition is applied to the surface and for the best effect is maintained on them for 15-30 minutes, depending on the degree of contamination.
- Hydrogen peroxide can also be used to clean radiators. Simply use a cotton fleece to apply it on contaminated surfaces and leave it, and then actively rub them with a cloth and remove the product along with the dirt.
If cast iron or other batteries become very dirty, then it makes sense to dismantle them. To do this, first make sure that there is no water in the battery. And in order to minimize the risks of a flood, shut off the central riser (for sure it is in the basement). Next, separate the battery from the pipes, and unscrew the bolts that fix the heater to the wall. It is advisable to plug all the pipes with unnecessary rags so that water does not run out of them (if it remains). Also drain the leftovers from the radiator.
Next, lay an oilcloth on the floor and place a battery on it. Wash it from all sides in one of the ways described above. You should also clean the battery inside. To do this, first rinse it with plain hot water, sending a hose connected to the faucet to one of the holes. Plug the remaining holes.
Drain the dirty liquid and pour in an effective detergent (select one of the options in the previous paragraphs). Leave the compound inside for an hour or two, then shake the radiator a little, drain and rinse the inside with hot water several times to remove all dirt.
Some useful tips:
- If the batteries are very dirty, you can not clean them, but update them by painting it with paint. Then the pollution will remain under the new coating.
- Do not remove the batteries if you are not sure that the heating is turned off.
- Before dismantling, it is advisable to drain the available water from the radiator, otherwise it will drain on the floor.
- Choose the way that suits you best.
During operation, large amounts of dust accumulate on radiators. To maintain cleanliness throughout the house, they should be vacuumed and cleaned periodically. How exactly the way to clean the battery depends on several criteria: the finish of the walls and the floor covering around the radiator, as well as its appearance.
The methods for cleaning the battery from contamination are as follows:
- Using a vacuum cleaner with a variety of nozzles will help clean the heating radiator made of steel or cast iron. Thanks to the nozzles, dirt can be removed outside and inside the harmonica.
- Housewives have come up with a very interesting and effective way of cleansing from a large amount of dirt. It is necessary to place a wet cloth behind the radiator, and then with a hair dryer to blow out all the dust on it. The radiator will be clean, as all contaminants will be transferred to a wet cloth.
- A more global cleansing involves the following method. It will need the following items: boiling water, a rag with a bucket, and a baking sheet from the oven. On the baking sheet will run off the boiling water, which will be diligently poured heating battery. In order to be 100% sure as a result, you can wipe the battery with a rag. Dirty water will need to be poured into a bucket, and then discharged altogether. It is not necessary in the course of work to forget about the safety of the skin, since actions are performed with boiling water.
- For heavily polluted harmonicas, you can use specially designed sprays. For cleaning, it should be well sprayed over the entire surface of the object and leave for some time. Do not forget that the spray is a chemical substance and can cause damage to the flooring. It is because of this that a cloth should be placed under the radiator, which should then be disposed of. After a certain period of time, the chemistry will need to be washed off the surface using a sponge or cloth, after having been wetted with water.
- To remove dirt from the inside of the surface of the heating element it is necessary to use an additional brush. If there is none, then you can use brushes with a long handle and a concave pile. But those who do not have either one or the other object in the house can simply walk well with a rag, having previously wound it on their hand. For the old type of radiator, this method is excellent.
- You can clean the surface of the heating elements of modern appliances, one of which is a steam generator. In addition to laundering dirt, he also disinfects the surface. To protect the floor from excessive moisture, place a rag under the battery before starting such cleaning. You can also use a construction film or oilcloth to protect the coating.
Dust that accumulates on the radiator and inside it, gets into the air, pollutes furniture and things and adversely affects human health. Therefore, clean the batteries regularly.
We clean the battery at home
Cleaning the battery at home is not that difficult. It all depends on the degree of contamination of your radiator. Any hostess knows that the battery should be monitored both outside and inside. This type of cleaning requires spending a lot of time and effort, which is already lacking. For this reason, many leave it "for later", in case of general cleaning. For exterior cleaning, ideally, a wet cleaning is enough once a week.
It is better to wash the battery with a sponge, cloth and brush (for old batteries made of cast iron and aluminum). Particular attention should be paid to kitchen batteries due to the constant deposition of fat on them. Deposing on radiators, a layer of grease and dust significantly reduces their heat transfer. And besides, the apartment does not look well-groomed, no matter how perfect the order in it is respected. To combat the fat, you can take warm water by adding a little liquid dishwashing detergent to it. If you wash the battery from the outside in this way more often, it will not get dirty so quickly. In turn, the aesthetic appearance of the kitchen will not suffer.
In order to clean old batteries from the outside, you can take advantage of several possibilities:
- A vacuum cleaner. They can easily and easily remove dust and dirt between battery sections. It is enough to turn on the vacuum cleaner, putting on narrow nozzles on it, and “suck” all the accumulated dust.
- Steam generator He perfectly copes with the task, he can remove fat from the battery. But it is worth considering one nuance: the steam generator with its too hot steam jet can harm the wallpaper or paint layer stuck on the wall. Therefore, the wall on this site to the floor should be covered with a protective polyethylene film for the time of cleaning works.
- Boiling water. Perfectly helps to clean the battery from the back of the dusty layer and grease stains. To do this, take a deep container (it is desirable that it be as wide as possible), a kettle with boiling water, napkins or rags. The container must be placed on the floor under the battery, having previously covered the wall with an oilcloth. After that, you need to carefully pour boiling water from the kettle to each section alternately. After such a simple manipulation, all the accumulated dirt and dust will flow into a container with water.
- Gloves with soap. Even as an option, you can adopt this method. It is quite simple: all that is needed is a pair of gloves (rubber or household) and a soap solution. Hands, which are wearing gloves, are dipped into it and alternately with fingers clean dirt between sections.
- Special detergents. Do well with cleaning the radiator and tools that are sold in the store. These are all kinds of solutions (such as “Mole”), liquid spray. Before buying a product, you must make sure that its composition is safe so as not to damage the radiator coating.
Which of these methods to use depends only on you. It is only necessary to remember one thing: it is always necessary to take into account what metal radiators are made of. After all, the same tool can be effective for cast-iron radiators, but with aluminum it can be harmful, and vice versa. Hands must also be secured with a pair of gloves. Rub the surface of the radiator should not be too hard, it should be done as carefully as possible. Also come to the aid of special brushes with all sorts of bends handles for hard to reach places.
“How to clean an aluminum or cast iron battery at home?” - the question is very popular. The steam mop will be a great help in combating dust accumulations between the fins of the battery. Before you begin the process of purification, you need on the floor under the radiator to lay cotton fabric or any other that can absorb water. The jet of hot steam easily and quickly copes with the task.
If the batteries are very dusty, then you need a super-powerful tool. It can be a spray: it is convenient to spray it from a spray bottle and use it in a pair with curved brushes. Before starting work, it is necessary to wet the radiator by wiping it with a damp cloth. Then a detergent is sprayed over the entire surface of the aluminum or cast iron battery. After 10-15 minutes (until the agent begins to act) wash the radiator with hot water using a brush.
But how to clean the aluminum or cast iron battery inside? After all, blockages will accumulate anyway, whether we like it or not. And it doesn’t matter where you live: in the apartment or in your house. Cope with this task to residents of private homes is much easier than, for example, residents of high-rise buildings. After all, the second is necessary to carry out this procedure before the start of the heating season, so as not to disrupt it throughout the riser, while the private owner does not depend on the central heating system and its neighbors. He can make decisions when it is better for him to carry out maintenance work.
Owners of apartment buildings can clean old batteries without having to call a plumber on a house. It is enough just to make sure that the riser is not clogged, otherwise flushing will not bring the proper result. It is carried out necessarily before the beginning of the heating season, since the riser is not yet filled with water. It is preferable that the utilities have already carried out by this time purging the heating system: it will save the battery from the airlock.
The best effect can be achieved if you, together with all the residents of your riser, flush at the same time. Thus, all the garbage accumulated in the radiators will be drained along with the water from the heating system.
Cast iron batteries are no longer as popular as they used to be. Once they were widely used to heat their homes: they are very reliable. Over the past decades, many have already replaced their old radiators with bimetallic ones. But there are those who still have cast-iron batteries, which for many years of operation require cleaning.
Before you clean the cast iron radiator, you need:
- release all the water from the heating system,
- prepare all the necessary plumbing tools for preventive maintenance,
- put a container under the battery into which the rest of the water from the system will flow,
- disconnect the radiator using appropriate tools and remove it from the wall mounting.
The washing procedure can be carried out at home in the bathroom or done on the street - as it will be more convenient for you. Washing agent can be made by hand. To do this, it is necessary to prepare a solution that can remove all rust and dirt inside.
Those who will carry out the flushing work in their bathroom should secure the drain into the sewer system with a special plug from the grid. Before the procedure, remove the plugs from the battery and slowly pour hot water from the kettle into it. If there is such an opportunity, the cast-iron battery can be trotted and then water should be poured from it. All rust and bloom should be removed with water.
But that is not all. Then you need to fill the radiator with the active substance and wait about 3 hours. After this period of time, the cast-iron battery needs to be trotted again and additionally knock on the entire area with a wooden hammer. Then you need to drain the water a second time and refill the battery with clean water. The more times you pour and drain water in the radiator, the better. Whoever chooses an acid as a wash should thoroughly flush the cast iron battery from it so that rust does not form again.
And what about the washing of aluminum batteries? The principle of operation is similar to the previous one, but there are some distinctive nuances.
Aluminum radiators are removed much easier than cast iron: they are not so heavy. These radiators began to be used after the cast iron radiators. The advantage of aluminum batteries is that they do not rust so quickly from the inside, therefore knocking with a wooden hammer will not be necessary for them. As mentioned earlier, the cleaning procedure of the aluminum radiator is similar to the previous method. To re-install the battery, you can use a variety of sealants: FUM tape, linen or sealing thread.
Is it possible to wash the inside of the radiator without removing it? For many, this question is urgent. Данный способ подойдет тем, у кого в квартире установлена индивидуальная система отопления, не занимающая большой площади. При наличии таковой эту процедуру можно будет проводить, не снимая радиаторы. Для этого нужно подать воду в батарею, а на выходе из нее слить. Воду нужно лить горячую, так как она более активна, чем холодная.
И все же затраченные усилия стоят того. После промывки батареи прослужат вам еще много лет. If you do not want your radiators to be dismantled and cleaned in this way, it is better to carry out maintenance work in a timely manner. And then you do not have to spend a lot of time and effort on washing in this way.
Popular means of washing are also very popular along with the store household chemicals. Washing is carried out in exactly the same way as previously indicated.
To prepare the solution, you can use a special tool for washing automotive radiators, 70% acetic acid, caustic, citric acid or whey.
It is believed that whey contains components that can perfectly corrode rust and dirt accumulated inside. However, the extent to which this tool is effective in a particular case is unknown.
How to clean the battery inside with folk remedies:
- First of all, you need to fill the radiator with clean water. The volume of water should be up to such a level that when you shake the battery, it hits the walls of the battery and removes rust and dirt from them. Next you need to drain the water back.
- At the second stage, you need to resort to folk remedies. We take 1 bottle of 70% acetic essence (for 1 battery the consumption is 1 bottle) and additionally we add cleaning components in the amount indicated on the package. Fill all this into the radiator, drown it and leave it in this position for 1 hour. During this time, all accumulated rust should be completely dissolved in the prepared composition. An hour later, the solution is drained.
- By doing these manipulations, you can also do tapping with a wooden hammer on the battery so that rust and scale lag behind the walls even faster.
- In conclusion, you need to rinse the radiator for the third time. This can be done under running water (if the pressure in the apartment is good). It is better to do this through a hose connected from the tap to the radiator. Water must be missed so much that it becomes clean at the exit. Only then it will be possible to consider that the washing has been carried out successfully.
If we ignore these recommendations and do not go through all the stages of purification, the result may not be exactly expected. This can lead to the fact that not all the chemical composition of the battery will be washed away, and this will provoke the layering of new rust. In other words, it is necessary to strictly observe all stages of radiator washing, you need to make sure that the entire reagent is completely absent, and the water in the radiator is clean.
Regardless of the chosen cleaning method, you should always try to get rid of rust deposits inside the heating radiator as much as possible. It is worth remembering that a positive result is indicated not by strict adherence to the time of the product (indicated on its package) or the expended force, but pure water without rust flowing from the radiator.
How to wash the batteries
Good old cast-iron radiators installed in almost every apartment are excellent dust collectors and keepers of micro-organisms unsafe for health. To protect yourself and your loved ones from various diseases, you must regularly clean the batteries from dust, spider webs and other contaminants.
The easiest and most affordable way to clean the battery is to use a vacuum cleaner. To penetrate deep into the accordion, you must use small narrow nozzles. During the weekly cleaning, simply vacuum the battery. This will help to remove accumulated dust and large debris.
To get rid of dust, you can resort to this tricky method: fix a wet rag behind the battery and use a hair dryer to blow the dust off with a strong air flow. Dirt will quickly stick to the cloth, which then will only need to wash.
Very well removes dirt and dust, and at the same time destroys most of the bacteria, boiling hot water. Place a baking tray out of the oven under the battery to protect the floor from water. Pour boiling water over the battery from the kettle, periodically emptying the baking sheet. At the end of the procedure, simply wipe the battery with a soft cloth.
If you have a steam generator, you can use it. Before you start work, lay on the floor under the battery and around it old towels or sheets in several layers. Then treat the battery with steam under pressure.
Strong and stubborn dirt can be removed with dishwashing brushes. They easily penetrate into hard-to-reach places. To remove complex stains, moisten the brushes in a soapy solution and rub the stained areas thoroughly.
Particularly difficult for the housewives cleaning iron cast iron battery in the kitchen.
How to wash the cast iron battery
In this room not only dust but also drops of oil, grease and even sauces settle on the battery. To clean all stains, you need to use an active cleaning composition. Any liquid dishwashing detergent will do. Pour a little gel and water into a spray bottle, shake and apply the resulting solution to the battery. Wait a few minutes and rinse with water.
If the battery is so dirty that washing it seems impossible, you can always paint it. For painting, choose a special enamel for acrylic-based radiators. It is almost odorless and dries very quickly - in just an hour. Remember that it is possible to paint batteries only in a warm season when heating does not work.
Battery painting involves several steps:
- If possible, remove the old paint with a spatula and sand rust. Wipe the battery with a wet cloth.
- Degree the surface with any household solvent.
- If you have the time and desire, apply a primer to the battery (but you can do without it). Then proceed to painting - move the brushes in the direction from top to bottom. Start painting from the inside, then go to the outside. It is best to apply two layers of paint - then the surface will be smoother.
Painting the battery - an extreme measure, to which it is better not to bring. It is much easier once or twice a week to remove dust from batteries with a vacuum cleaner. And during large-scale general cleaning, you can use one (or several) of the above methods of cleaning.
How to clean the radiator from dust
Heating radiators very quickly accumulate dirt and dust, especially inside. This violates the aesthetics of the room, interferes with the correct operation of the heater and reduces the efficiency of heat transfer, is the cause of corrosion, fat and salt deposits.
In addition, dust has a negative effect on human well-being and often causes an allergic reaction.
Regular cleaning of the battery is a guarantee of human health and excellent prevention of the operation of heating devices. However, if you remove the dust from the outside of the radiator easily enough, cleaning the inside causes a lot of trouble and problems. Let's learn how to quickly and effectively clean the radiators from the inside of the dust. And consider how to properly clean the radiators.
Seven ways to clean the battery from dust
- A vacuum cleaner with special narrow nozzles is the fastest and most efficient way to clean cast iron or steel radiators,
- Instead of a vacuum cleaner, you can use a steam generator, which not only cleans, but also disinfects. To do this, put under the radiator rags, well absorb water. Or, to protect the walls and the floor, you can first lay down or hang an oilcloth, and spread a rag on top. Then treat the heater with steam,
- Place a wet rag on the wall behind the battery and blow dust off the appliance with a hair dryer. Then the dust settles on a rag,
- You can wash the battery without using additional equipment. In this case, use manual cleaning and cotton gloves. Put gloves on your hands and moisten with soapy water, then use hands to clean dirt and dust from inside the appliance,
- You can clean the battery with boiling water. To do this, take a baking sheet from the oven, a kettle with boiling water and a bucket with rags. Lay the baking sheet under the radiator, and the device itself begin to pour boiling water. During cleaning, you can additionally wipe the battery with a cloth. When working, use rubber gloves and be careful with boiling water! Water with dust will be drained into the pan. And as you fill the pan, pour the water into the bucket and put it back. After the procedure, wipe the radiator thoroughly with a wet and then dry cloth, and remove the spray around,
- Heavily soiled heating devices can be washed using special cleaning agents. Household chemicals effectively remove dirt, dust, grease and plaque. At first, rags are placed under the battery, and then the spray is sprayed on the surface of the radiator and left for the time specified in the instructions. After that, the battery is wiped with a sponge or cloth,
- To clean the inside of the battery, take a dishwashing brush with a curved end or a brush for painting radiators with a long handle or an old toothbrush. Thus, you will reach inaccessible places, you will be able to completely wash the device, effectively and permanently remove dust.
How to remove and wash the battery from the inside
For general cleaning, experts recommend removing the battery and removing it from the room, since this procedure causes the appearance of a large amount of dirt and debris. They do the cleaning on the street or in the bathroom, having previously fixed the bath with a thick cloth, so as not to damage the plumbing enamel.
By the way, how to restore the enamel bath, read here. A protective screen is inserted into the drain hole to catch solid particles and avoid clogging of the pipeline.
Before starting the process, be sure to shut off the valves and unscrew the nuts that the radiator is attached to the pipes of the heating system. Then you should carefully drain the remaining water, remove the battery from the fixings and place in the bathroom.
Wash the device with a shower or hose.
To wash the radiator, take a mallet, hammer, or wooden block and carefully tap each section. This will accelerate the detachment of rust and salt deposits. Then tilt the device on its side and shake it so that large solid particles spill out of the inside.
After that, pour hot water inside the radiator and leave for half an hour. After the time, flush with a shower or hose. Flush the battery until the water flowing from the inside is clean.
Most often, batteries are not cleaned within a few decades. Therefore, flushing with plain water may not cope with contamination. In this case, you can use additional funds.
So, soda, citric acid or acid-base compounds are added to the water for washing. Before using special detergents, carefully read the instructions, as some have a negative effect on aluminum and are not suitable for aluminum batteries!
Flushing the radiators: instructions and recommendations
Batteries in the apartment recently began to heat up badly? The sections are not warm enough, but the total heating time has noticeably increased? Most likely, the radiator is clogged and must be thoroughly cleaned.
Low heat emission of batteries indicates clogging
In order to clean it you will need the following tools: paint (FUM), a gas key two, a wrench for plumbing works (provided that cleaning of aluminum, bimetal or steel heating radiators is required), sealing tow and capacity. We turn directly to the procedure for cleaning equipment in the apartment. Follow the step-by-step instructions below and you will be able to restore the normal operation of the radiator in a fairly short time.
Algorithm for cleaning radiator
- We remove from the heating radiator all unnecessary things and furniture products that may impede or delay flushing. If curtains are hung near it, then you need to remove them. In addition, if a laminate or parquet is used as a flooring in a room, it is necessary to spread some piece of fabric or film under the radiator in order to avoid damaging the floor.
Before starting, you need to turn off all the taps.
Face futorki unscrewed with a key
- Sometimes the owners are forced to fight the crystal blockage, and in this case, a little other means are needed. Without a concentrated solution of vinegar is not enough. Install end futorki in the bottom and pour vinegar inside. Before using vinegar is recommended to dilute it with 70% water. Such flushing will help to remove a difficult blockage from the heating radiator. The solution should “infuse” about two hours, after which it must be poured out and cleaned the radiator with water pressure in order to achieve complete purification.
- You can also wash the outer surface of the radiator, to give it a beautiful and clean look.
Scaling can be one of the causes of clogging.
So, as we see, there is nothing too difficult to clean the radiator. No special skills and knowledge will be required for this, as well as rare means and tools that are difficult to obtain will not be needed. This procedure with a responsible approach does not take too much time and effort, and therefore every owner can clean the radiator on his own. However, there are situations in which, even after all the measures taken and the radiators installed in their place, the heating system still did not function well. In this case, you need to buy a new radiator and replace the old one with it, or use the services of specialized companies that carry out cleaning with a technical booster.
You do not know how and what the heating batteries are cleaned? Read!
In the event that during the heating season the radiator became cold, then it is necessary to rinse it, because during the operation it accumulated debris and the coolant stopped circulating through the system. But before we find out how to clean the radiators, let's find out why the cast iron radiator clogs up.
How and with what does the heating device get clogged?
Since the quality of the circulating fluid sometimes changes, this leads to the fact that mechanical particles are deposited in the heating system, which move with the coolant. And after the season the water is drained, and corrosion occurs in the pipes.
When hot water is supplied, as it is under a certain pressure, the particles of corrosion are peeled off and also settle inside the radiator. And over the years, such garbage accumulates so much that it, circulating along with the coolant, clogs the heating battery. All this leads to the fact that the device ceases to work qualitatively, and even with a hot riser, the radiators remain warm, and this is the first signal that the battery needs to be cleaned.
Tips from experts
If you do not have the skill to work with wrenches, then you should not wash the heater yourself. Consider how to clean the radiator correctly.
- In places where there is sgon on the radiator (top and bottom) the locknut is unscrewed,
- Hold the clutch with one key, and the other screw in the heating battery sgon. This is done until it comes out,
- Release the radiator from the pipes and remove from the holders,
- The battery is mechanically cleaned of debris and sediment, but if this does not work out, then various chemical agents are used to remove scale;
- After the inside of the radiator is free of debris, it is blown with compressed air,
- If the battery is aluminum, then hydrodynamic washing is necessary,
- After cleaning, the heater is mounted back into place. Для этого подвешивают его на кронштейны. Выкручивают сгоны, очищают резьбы от уплотнителей. На длинную резьбу наматывают каболку или уплотнительную ленту и вворачивают в радиатор. До этого до конца резьбы накручивают контргайку. Такое же действие производят со вторым сгоном,
- Одновременно с выкручиванием сгона, вкручивают его в кран или муфту, а на его конце должен быть уплотнитель,
- Also before the lock nut wind the seal.
Some recommendations on how to flush radiators
It is important! Consider ways to clean cast iron heaters, this work is not difficult. Wash the radiator, you can apply soda ash, whey, acetic essence and other drugs.
Basic actions when washing the battery:
- Remove the radiator,
- Soda is poured into hot water and poured into the heating system,
- At both ends of the battery twist off plugs,
- After some time (1 hour), the radiator is shaken, and in order to disconnect the rust, tap on the body with a wooden hammer,
- They open the plugs and let the hose down and open the faucet, and the head must be large so that all the rust comes out,
- In order to create a high pressure, you can use the compressor.
Car Radiator Cleaning
- They read her instructions and, accordingly, they make the necessary dosage,
- This tool is poured into the radiator and poured hot water, but not until the end,
- With an interval of 10 minutes, the heater is turned (within two hours),
- After that, under high water pressure, the battery is washed until the corrosion particles completely disappear.
The article discusses how to clean a cast iron radiator, but so that you do not have to do this, you can make a small drain with a plug and attach magnets to it, which will attract rust.
And to remove particles of corrosion it is necessary to open the cap and remove the remnants.
ActionTeaser.ru - teaser ads
Rate this article: (No votes yet) Loading ...
How to wash the radiators inside from dust?
However, in order to give something, you must first take it from somewhere. Cast iron, from which batteries are made, heats up, that is, it takes thermal energy from the hot liquid that flows through the radiator cavities. The closer the contact coolant - cast iron, the better and faster the heat gets into the heated air. However, over time, this contact becomes worse due to the buildup on the inner surface of the heating devices, which becomes thicker every year, which leads to a significant decrease in the temperature of the batteries at the same temperature of the circulating fluid.
You can argue for a long time where the dirt in the batteries comes from, what its nature is and who is to blame (if the heating is centralized). However, it’s much better and more constructive to accept the fact of pollution and try to rid them of sources of heat and winter comfort, especially since you don’t need to have any special skills, that is, do it yourself.
Dismantling a cast iron radiator
In order to qualitatively clean the "insides" of the cast iron battery, it must be disconnected from the communications, removed and, preferably, brought to the street. Of course, you can try to do it inside the dwelling, however, in this case, the preparations for the process will take much longer than he. Plus, the smell will not be pleasant.
Let's start with the fact that flushing the heating system in a private house, routinely engaged in the warm season. If the heating is centralized, there should be no water in the system; if the system is autonomous, the coolant must be drained.
Then, using a wrench and some force, unscrew the threaded clamps. Before that, under the joints of pipes with a radiator, something needs to be substituted, since it is possible that a small amount of liquid will still leak out.
Now you need to drown out the openings on the heating product, and remove the cast-iron radiator from its retaining pins or hooks and take it outside. Do the same with the other batteries.
How to clean cast iron batteries
Methods that can effectively clean the internal surface of batteries can be divided into chemical and mechanical.
The first are household cleaners that can chemically affect all sorts of pollutants. These include:
- - household chemicals containing caustic soda,
- - lemon acid,
- - acetic acid,
- - means for washing automobile radiators.
All of these drugs do a good job when you need to clean cast iron batteries. However, their effectiveness is different.
The tool for radiators works best, however, at a cost, considering the volume of cast iron products, it is expensive.
Acetic acid gently removes impurities in the form of salt deposits. However, in the presence of significant deposits, vinegar, especially in a highly diluted state, is ineffective.
Salts of more chemically aggressive citric acid dissolve much better. Whey is also good for this purpose, but where can we get it so much?
For household substances containing caustic soda, are almost all means for washing dishes. They will not remove the salt, but they will cope with all the rest of the dirt very well.
Mechanical methods include flushing the heating system in a private house by tapping on the radiator housing in order to peel the coating off the cast iron surface.
How to effectively clean cast iron radiators
In order to best clean the product and release it from everything superfluous, you need to do everything in several stages, alternating mechanical and chemical effects.
- The first thing you need to unscrew all plugs and, inserting in each hole alternately supplied hose, flush the battery with water. As a result, the radiator will be cleaned of a large amount of dirt, which will be noticeable by the leaky fluid.
- Then, drowning out three holes, fill the existing volume with water with the addition of dishwashing liquid through the fourth. Close the remaining hole and slightly “move” the cast iron product. Caustic dissolves all organic pollutants and opens up access to salt deposits of citric acid.
- Now you need to unscrew the plugs, drain the liquid inside and pour the next one, as is already clear, with dissolved citric acid. Close all openings with plugs and leave them for a couple of hours. Well, if water with a food acid is heated, in such conditions, chemical interaction will occur more actively.
- After the specified time, the water is drained. Now you can knock on the radiator body with something wooden, so that the softened salt buildup lags behind the cast iron better, and then rinse the battery again thoroughly with water.
- After the procedures, the battery will be inside as new. It is also possible, while the radiator is outside, to wash it thoroughly outside.
One of the most difficult and inaccessible places for cleaning is the battery and the space behind the battery. And unfortunately, it seems that it is there that all the dust accumulates in the house and spots of unknown origin are formed.
How to make battery cleaning easier and more affordable? Consider the most popular methods.
The complexity of cleaning the battery depends on its design. It is much easier to wash the flat surface of a steel battery than a cast iron accordion.
The easiest and most affordable method is to use a vacuum cleaner with a small nozzle that easily passes between the fins of the radiator. If you do not forget to vacuum the battery during regular cleaning, then dust, cobwebs and other dirt will accumulate in it much less.
Owners of a steam generator, even wash a very dirty battery will be easy. Cover the wall behind the battery and the floor with a multi-layered cloth. So you protect the wall and floor from the effects of steam and small splashes. Under the action of hot steam, grease, soot, dust softens, and you will only have to wipe the battery with a microfiber cloth.
Some resourceful people use the most unexpected methods for cleaning batteries. For example, in order to blow dust in the narrow gaps between the plates of the battery use a hair dryer. To prevent dust from scattering, cover the wall behind the battery and the floor with a damp cloth. Dust settles on a wet surface. You can fasten a cloth with a scotch tape.
Another “know-how” of savvy hostesses: they put cotton socks on their hands, put detergent on them and wash the battery from all sides with their own hands in the literal sense of these words.
Some use double-sided tape instead of a sock. This method is only suitable for ridding batteries of dust and cobwebs.
The space between the thin metal steel plates of dust can be cleaned with a long ruler, wrapping it with a damp cloth.
During the general cleaning, the battery must not only be vacuumed but also thoroughly cleaned. Take a shallow tray that fits under the heating radiator (a baking tray from the oven will fit), place it under the battery. Water will fall into the tray and the floor will not suffer.
Now you can use several ways.
- Method one: in the sprayer type water and spray every part of the battery. With it, you can moisten and internal surfaces.
- Method two: you can pour the battery straight from the kettle with hot water. Here it is necessary to be extremely careful that boiling water does not fall into your hands.
To clean out the hard-to-reach places such simple tools as dishwashing brushes, an old toothbrush, a brush for painting hard-to-reach surfaces with a curved handle will help.
To wash a heavily soiled radiator, you will have to use household chemicals. On the shelves you will find sprays, and liquids, and powders that will remove various stains.
Drops of fat are easily washed with dishwashing detergent, which contains liposoluble substances. Powder cleaners for kitchen surfaces can also easily cope with various contaminants on the surface of the battery. Pour some powder on the hard surface of the sponge and rub the very dirty areas. Then wash the detergent with water and wipe the battery with a dry cloth. Do not leave the battery to dry on its own, the dust that has settled on a wet surface turns into dirt and drying together with the battery makes it dirty again.
The surface of the radiator can be cleaned with soap. Basic stains (grease, soot, food) will easily recede if the surface is rubbed with a brush or sponge rubbed with soap.
From improvised means you can use soda. Soda is not only an economical, but also an eco-friendly way to clean the batteries. It is especially good for people who are allergic to household chemicals.
Soda should be slightly moistened before use. Pour soda into a small container, add water to make the consistency of thick sour cream and apply on a sponge or cloth. When using soda, you need to remember that it has abrasive properties, and if you rub too hard, you can damage the top layer of paint.
Another assistant in the kitchen is food vinegar.
How can I quickly clean the batteries in the house?
Vinegar is an excellent solvent for fats, so if there are drops of fat on the battery, then rub the contaminated areas with a sponge moistened with vinegar. Acetic essence should not be used to improve the result; it has a very high concentration (seventy percent of the acid) and, undiluted, can cause a severe chemical burn. If there is no vinegar in the house, but only vinegar essence, dilute it to obtain a nine percent concentration. Pour one part of the essence into cold water (seven parts) and mix, now you can use it both for cooking and for cleaning any surfaces.
If the smell of vinegar is too harsh and unpleasant for you, use citric acid or fresh lemon juice. In addition to a clean battery, you will get a pleasant lemon smell throughout the room. In addition, if the heating radiator is in the bathroom and you need to wash the limescale, you will not find a better home remedy than lemon juice.
In order not to worry about the chemical composition of cleaning products, create a means for cleaning any surfaces, including batteries, yourself. Take soda powder and borax and mix in equal quantities. You can make an aqueous solution of this mixture, pour in a convenient spray and use as needed. Shake before use, apply to the surface of the radiator and wipe with a sponge or microfiber cloth.
Particularly meticulous should wash the batteries before and after the heating season.
If the appearance of the battery even after its thorough cleaning does not suit you, you should simply repaint it. Of course, before painting the battery will still have to get rid of dust and cobwebs, but fresh paint will give the radiator its original appearance.
If you do not want to spend your time on a long and laborious process of cleaning, washing batteries and other surfaces, then you should contact the cleaning company, where you will always have any professional cleaning services for an apartment or office.
Signs that it's time to clean the batteries
Why batteries get clogged
Options for washing and cleaning of cast iron radiators
Methodology for centralized battery cleaning
How to wash the radiator with your own hands at home
What kind of cleaning products can you use?
In order to preserve the comfort and warmth in the house, it is necessary to maintain communications in time and to prevent them. For many years of operation of devices for heating, their internal channels are slowly clogged. This leads to a deterioration of heat transfer, longer heating, with the result that the room almost always remains cold. To restore the normal functioning of the heating system, it is necessary to clean the cast iron batteries in time. In this article we will describe in detail about washing the radiators at home using folk and traditional methods.
Signs that it's time to clean the batteries
There are five signs indicating that the batteries are clogged:
- Some radiators are worse heated than others. If you notice that one battery is colder than all the others, this is the first sign that the channels for the coolant are clearly contaminated.
- The battery is not as hot as the strut. Another sign indicating a problem with the system.
- The neighbors are warm, but your apartment is practically not warming up. If you are cold, this does not always happen due to the poor functioning of the heating network. Quite often, clogged batteries cause this.
- The radiators below are cold. Uneven heating of the battery indicates channel clogging.
- Sections in the radiator are heated differently. Since the cast iron batteries inside the individual sections will not work, you will need a full cleaning.
Why batteries get clogged
As a rule, in conditions of a centralized heating system, due attention is not paid to the quality of the coolant poured into the pipes - water contains a lot of impurities. In addition, the pipes themselves inevitably rust, especially a lot of rust accumulates, if they have for many years. The movement of water inside the circuit occurs under great pressure, which leads to the chipping off of pieces of rust from the surface of pipes and settling them on the walls of heating radiators.
Channels of various debris, rust and impurities from the coolant get into the battery as a result. This leads to a decrease in the amount of coolant circulating inside the radiator and a decrease in heating efficiency. And even the optimal temperature regime of the coolant will not provide high-quality heating of the room.
Options for washing and cleaning of cast iron radiators
Depending on the scale, the washing of the cast iron batteries can be individual or centralized. The first case is only possible if it is a private house or apartment with an autonomous heating system. Before you clean the cast iron batteries at home, you have to completely dismantle them and then reinstall them. It is worth noting that this method is the cheapest.
If we are talking about a centralized heating system, then it is possible only in apartment buildings. In this case, before flushing the cast iron radiators, the removal of heating devices is not required. However, this method is somewhat more expensive than the previous one and requires prior approval from all residents.
How to wash the radiator with your own hands at home
Before you wash the cast iron battery at home, you need to prepare locksmith tools, old rags and large capacity - you can bath.
The method of washing cast iron batteries with their own hands looks like this:
- Walls and the bottom of the bath are covered with a cloth to protect the enamel from scratches during operation. Please note that in an acrylic bath it is better not to do such work at all, otherwise you can spoil it hopelessly. Drain hole covered with a grid to prevent debris from entering the sewer.
- Remove the battery and transfer to capacity. On the faucet we put on a flexible hose and supply water to the inside of the radiator under pressure. Flush it with plenty of water. From time to time the battery should be turned and shaken so that the dirt lags better.
- Продолжать промывку нужно до тех пор, пока вытекающая вода не будет прозрачной. Особенно плотные засоры в каналах можно сковырнуть длинной проволокой.
Какими чистящими средствами можно воспользоваться
Чтобы прочистить чугунные батареи как можно лучше, обычно используют горячую воду и чистящее средство, оптимально – кальцинированную соду. After pouring the solution into the battery, it is turned several times and the walls are tapped with a mallet to break the pieces of dirt. After some time, the mixture is drained and the battery is washed with water under pressure.
Alternatively, some people use radiator cleaners in cars. They are diluted with water in the proportions recommended by the manufacturer, and poured into the battery. The composition should not fill the radiator to the brim. The exposure time of this mixture is about two hours. At the same time you need to shake the radiator every 10 minutes. After 2 hours, the composition is drained and the battery is washed with a large amount of water under pressure.
Among the popular methods of cleaning you can find references to the use of acetic essence or whey. The method of their application is the same as with automotive fluids. In this case, the calculation is based on the fact that acid corrodes dirt and rust. We cannot confirm or deny these claims.
In conclusion, we once again note that regardless of the cleaning method, it should be carried out until the flowing water is clear. Then the efficiency and heat transfer from the radiator will increase significantly, and the apartment will be cozy and warm.
Why do I need to clean the radiator?
Like any place in the apartment, the heat elements require cleaning from the inside. They constantly accumulate dust, and when the windows are opened at home, it rises from the movement of air, which is unacceptable for reasons of ordinary order maintenance. In addition, dust can adversely affect the health of all living in the apartment, so from time to time you have to get to the most inconvenient places in the heater. There are fatty contaminants on such devices, which are very difficult to remove.
In order to thoroughly wash the radiator and not damage the finishing material on the walls around it, they are covered with film or oilcloth. Also come with the floor under the heating device.
The method of cleaning itself will depend on the characteristics of the radiator device.
You can wash the battery with household chemicals, which are today a great many on the shelves. It can be oxygen bleaches like "Vanisha", powders and liquid compositions, one way or another acquired for household needs. Before using a particular agent on a radiator of a particular material (cast iron, aluminum, bimetal), it is best to ensure that the use of the compound is not contraindicated in this case. Corrosive preparations can spoil the appearance of the radiator.
To the heater is not covered with rust, you can choose a special composition, preventing its appearance. It is better not to use in cleaning chemicals containing phosphates or chlorine, harmful to the human body.
Sometimes it is easiest to clean the radiator with ordinary soap - household, bath or liquid, which is diluted in water. This solution handles the entire battery.
Allies in the fight against dirt on the heating elements are different devices that are usually in the house.
You can clean the radiator using:
- vacuum cleaner
- hair dryer,
- spray gun,
- steam generator
- brushes for washing,
- bottle brushes,
Since radiators can be completely different in their design (from traditional cast iron "harmonicas" to bimetallic or aluminum, with external flat surfaces and ingenious arrangement of slats inside), it is necessary to use various tricks to remove dust and dirt between sections.
Both mechanical, and chemical means of influence will approach.
The simplest thing is to use a vacuum cleaner with special narrow nozzles that can be pushed into the radiator compartments. This is especially effective if the battery is cleaned every time it is cleaned again, so that more complex contaminants than dust collect it. Civilized to resolve the issue with cleaning the radiator can be, if you use a special brush designed for this purpose. It allows you to do both dry and wet cleaning of the battery.
With a large accumulation of dust, you can use a hairdryer. For the battery you need to put a wet cloth, the best is a cotton cloth (an old pillowcase or diaper will do), and blow the radiator with a strong air jet. This will allow you to quickly get rid of dirt between the sections, and the dust does not scatter throughout the room.
Thorough cleaning may require boiling water. It is necessary to take a kettle with freshly boiled water, rags, a bucket and a tray (you can adapt it from the oven for a baking tray), then you should spill the battery with boiling water. The water accumulated as a result of this procedure in the pan remains to be poured into the bucket, and from there into the toilet. The battery itself is better to wipe with a sponge, so that there are no stains on it.
It is necessary to work with boiling water carefully so as not to burn your hands.
For washing inside the radiator, a brush or paint brushes with a bent bristle and a long handle can be useful. Also, the usual narrow brush, to the handle of which with a tape or tape, is attached a ruler. With the help of such a simple device one can get to the most distant corners of the heating appliance.
If there is a steam generator in the house, it will wash away the most inconvenient places in the battery from dirt, and at the same time it will disinfect the entire surface inside and outside. In the case of such a solution, it is better to very carefully protect the floor and walls from moisture, otherwise you can ruin the wallpaper and floor covering.
To wash an accordion battery in the kitchen, it is better to use household cleaning products — you can't do it with plain water, since specific oily kitchen mud is washed off with great difficulty. The radiator can be carefully sprayed with the appropriate composition of the spray gun and left to soak. Not bad, for example, to dissolve a few drops of dishwashing liquid in water. Under the device it is better to put a rag in advance so that the liquid does not leak onto the floor. Then a sponge or cloth is left to wash away the plaque.
It is possible to qualitatively wash radiators if you follow the advice of experienced housewives, since many of them act very ingeniously in this matter.
Hydrogen peroxide will help to clean and further sanitize the battery. This is especially true in homes where allergy sufferers live. The tool must be applied to a rag. Wrap a brush with a cloth (or just a stick) and methodically wipe the heater in each section.
It so happens that not only dirt accumulated in the battery, but also an unpleasant smell settled. This is possible if, for example, a badly washed item was dried on the heating element. In this case, citric acid will help. It is necessary to dissolve three teaspoons of funds in a glass with warm water. With this composition, wipe the radiator from all sides and between the sections.
You can also use nine percent vinegar for washing. They wipe the battery or spray this tool on it (without diluting it with water). If there is only vinegar essence in the farm, it should be dissolved in water (ten parts of water are taken for one part of the essence). After treatment with an acidic composition, the battery should be wiped clean or simply rinsed with clean water.
You can also use ordinary baking soda dissolved in water. To be sure, this composition is supplemented with apple cider vinegar and a solution of soap. The effect of washing will be more noticeable.
Also for the treatment of batteries using chalk, dissolved in water.
To accurately get to the most inconvenient places in the battery, the hostess advise you to use soaped household gloves. They need to put on your hands, impregnate with soapy water and clean the dirt from the narrowest places with your fingers. If there are no gloves, you can use an old sock. If the battery is hot, unnecessary mittens will do.
To clean the most inconvenient and bottlenecks, some of the most patient people let go of a disused toothbrush.
In order not to have to resort to using clever methods for cleaning radiators, it is best to wash them every time you clean the house. This will save the battery from the accumulation of large amounts of dirt. Then the general cleaning of heating elements will have to arrange only a couple of times a year - before and after the end of the heating season.
For more details on how to wash the batteries inside, see the following video.
Types of batteries?
We need to first determine the types of radiators to take into account their features before washing the batteries. At the same time, you need to accept the fact that all batteries will have to be cleaned sooner or later, regardless of what they are made of.
Pretty durable material.
When reassembling, you may need a welding machine.
For return mounting, you can use sealant (FUM tape, for example).
Tip! Blowing and flushing radiators is carried out only at the end of the heating season.
What to wash first?
Many people wonder whether you first need to wash the battery from the outside, or is it better to clean it from the inside first? We advise you to start the exterior cleaning: remove all dust from the radiator, and if it is in the kitchen, it may also be grease film.
After you remove the battery, you need to clean the wall, floor, fasteners from dirt and dust - all that was hidden from you by the radiator. And after that, with a clear conscience, go to the internal cleaning.
How to wash the cast iron radiators, as well as all the others? There are several methods to clean up the radiator from the outside - it all depends on the degree of contamination.
Everything that we will tell here is more suitable for everyday cleaning. For the general, more serious methods are needed. So, there are two simple and effective ways:
- Using a vacuum cleaner. It is very good if you have special nozzles - after all, the battery sections are sometimes very close to each other, therefore you cannot get close to them with an ordinary floor brush.
- Using a hair dryer. In this case, between the wall and the radiator attach suitable in size moist matter. Air from the device simply blows dust between sections of the battery on this fabric. Then it remains to gently get the matter and rinse it from dust.
How to clean the radiator when it is very dirty? If you want to carry out high-quality general cleaning, then you are here. First of all, we focus on the degree of contamination of the radiator:
- Light, medium pollution. Before wet cleaning it is best to dry, which we described above. It is desirable to use hot water, even boiling water. Be sure to find a suitable capacity that you can substitute for the entire duration of the battery - water will flow there. Next, from the other container, section by section, carefully pour boiling water over the battery. After the water is drained from it, it is additionally dried with prepared rags and napkins.
- Flushing sections between sections. To wet cleaning touched areas between sections, to which we can not physically reach with a hand, it is best to use a steam mop (on the picture). Some hostesses additionally spread cotton napkins for better absorption of steam. As an option - you can wind a rag on a pointer, a wand, a narrow handle, a nozzle from something and, wetting it in water, clean out hard-to-reach areas.
- Heavy pollution. Anti-fat products are used. Previously, an aqueous solution is prepared from them, which is poured into a sprayer, an atomizer, and carefully sprayed over a moistened battery. Then there is some rationing. After that, the cleaning solution is completely removed with water, rags from the surface of the battery.
Preparation for washing
Before you wash the radiator, you must first do the following:
- It is better to start such flushing before the start of the heating season - it is advisable to pick a day when the housing services have already carried out the purge of the heating main, but the water has not yet been allowed. Ideal option - if you agree with all the neighbors on the riser about a one-time cleaning of radiators in their apartments. So surely you will not leave a piece of mud plying back and forth along with the water any chance.
- Prepare the container, where the remaining water from the heating main will be drained after dismantling, first place it in the right place.
- Remove radiators with suitable plumbing tools. Remove them from the pins.
- With iron batteries, you must first remove all plugs.
- Cleaning is best done in the bathroom. For this you need to prepare it: lay a rag inside so as not to knock down the enamel layer, and put on a special mesh on the drain hole. This is to ensure that large particles of dirt do not clog it.
Tip! If the risers are clogged in the apartment building, then there will not be much of a radiator flush - the dirt will accumulate in it again after a while. It is necessary to negotiate with our neighbors about the comprehensive purging of the pipeline.
What and how to wash the battery heating? Of course, cleaning the radiator with water alone is not enough. Such substances and solutions will be effective and useful:
- Means for washing radiators of motor transport.
- Lemon acid.
- Caustic soda.
- Acetic acid. Some apply and essence (70% solution).
- Milk serum.
- Means for cleaning sewer pipes like "Mole».
Flushing with a special device
For quick and efficient radiator cleaningon the spot»There are special devices for their washing. Of course, having such a device for infrequent cleaning a home battery is, in fact, a luxury.
The device works from the network - with a powerful jet it drives the water into the radiator, which with its pressure removes both scale and rust, and grease, and various chemical deposits. But if you do not have this device, it can be replaced by cleaning the radiator in the bath.
Bath rinsing algorithm
How to wash the batteries in the apartment, not being able to pull them out? The instruction will consist of such blocks:
- Gulf of hot water. You will need to use a hose, a shower, a watering can, a kettle with a narrow spout, or the usual funnel to pour hot water inside the radiator. Open both plugs so that free water can flow out of them. After the battery has plenty of fluid, shake it and empty the entire contents. The action should be repeated until large pieces of dirt will not fly out of the cleaned radiator. It is worth noting that the procedure is difficult to perform alone - the weight of the battery is significant even for a brave athlete. Therefore, 1-2 assistants in this matter are vital for you.
- Pouring detergent. The second stage is poured inside the radiator you have already chosen substance for washing, diluting it with water. Now it is important to put plugs on all the holes in the battery so that "useful liquid"Did not expire from it. Depending on the drug, it is left “squeeze"For a period of 2 hours.
- As soon as the active component has reached the end of its duration, it is necessary to shake the radiator again. You can knock on its various parts with a wooden, plastic, rubber mallet. This will help remove rust and other contaminants from its internal parts.
- Now it is important to thoroughly wash the cleaning agent. Therefore, it is necessary to clean it until the foam stops coming out, the smell ceases to be felt or the other characteristic features of its presence manifest themselves in some other way. If you do not rinse the radiator to the end, the active components of the product will continue to act, destroying the metal from the inside, which will cause leakage and battery failure.
The videos in this article will show you a visual following instructions.
Features of cleaning in a private house
Flushing batteries in their homes is even more important than in apartments. This is due to a number of heating features:
- As the heat carrier water from a well, a well, and even a reservoir acts. From here and the large dirt which gets stuck in a radiator, in it it is more, than in the water circulating on highways of city heating systems. Therefore, the need for cleaning arises much more often.
- Flushed (blown) not only the radiator, but also the heating main. After all, all the garbage stuck in it will invariably get into the cleaned battery.
- In case of urgent need, you can clean the radiator during the heating season. If there is a different state of affairs during the cold period, it does not make sense to turn off the heating system for cleaning.
Features of flushing during the heating period
If you decide to clean the battery in the cold season, then pay attention to the following:
- The method of cleaning, like detergents, are the same.
- It is possible to wash the radiators (in a private house), without removing them and without releasing water from the heating boiler:
- Disconnect the steam line completely during cleaning.
- Perform a purge.
- Put all the valves back on, then run the water around the heat circuit.
- Serve it until absolutely pure water flows out of the pipeline.
The measures taken will not only clean the radiator, but also the entire heating line in general.
Thus, it is possible to clean the radiator without removing it, only in your own home. Residents of apartments for cleaning the battery from the inside will have to remove it. Исключение для тех, кто обладает специальным аппаратом для прочистки батарей.
Напоследок хотелось бы вам представит ряд полезных советов:
- Чистка одного радиатора без всей тепломагистрали практически бесполезна. Dirty water will soon cause rust, scale and other deposits in it. It is better to first order the cleaning of the entire riser on the entire apartment building, then do your radiator.
- It is better to wash the battery at least once every 3 years. After all, 1 mm of scale gives the same effect as the heat-insulating layer of the same thickness!
- Some craftsmen use this trick: at the entrance of the pipe into the radiator, they install a drainage system with magnets placed in it, at the end of which a plug is attached. As you may have guessed, rust from the coolant is attracted by magnets, which does not allow it to clog the radiator. The plugs are periodically removed to clear the removal of corrosion products.
- If you are not confident in your abilities, it is easier and safer to turn to professionals who have the necessary equipment and experience of such work.
That's all we wanted to tell you about how to flush the radiators inside and out. As you can see, the procedure is not the most difficult. Difficulties causes only the weight of the radiator.