Peanuts are also called peanuts, which are widely used in the fields of folk healing, cosmetic, culinary purposes. The product is used in nutrition to get rid of extra pounds. All this is possible thanks to the useful qualities of the nut, let's look at them in more detail.
The beneficial properties of peanuts
- Before you begin to study the basic properties, it is necessary to consider in more detail the list of elements included in the peanut. Peanuts are rich in acids, vitamins, dietary fiber, ash, plant fiber, water, pectin, and other equally important substances.
- The product is not deprived of amino acids that are necessary for the human body to normalize cholesterol. It is amino acids that clean the blood channels from plaques and increase the density of the vascular walls.
- Magnesium is another valuable element, this mineral compound is necessary to improve the work of the heart muscle, compact the bones and cleanse the body of harmful decomposition products.
- Peanuts are not deprived of the most valuable folic acid. Otherwise, it is called vitamin B9. Folic acid cleans the list, restores its structure and reduces the load on this internal organ. Vitamin B9 is needed for pregnant girls.
- Plant fiber in combination with coarse dietary fibers improves the processes of the digestive tract. As a result, the consumption of peanuts normalizes the passage of food through the esophagus, putrid stagnations disappear.
- Nicotinic acid is necessary to improve the condition of the skin and hair. Also, this substance prevents such serious diseases as Alzheimer and Parkinson.
Peanuts for women
- It is useful to consume nuts for girls during the menstrual cycle. The composition contains substances that improve the composition of blood and enrich it. Peanut improves the condition during menstruation, relieves dizziness, muscle spasms.
- Vitamins E and A, tocopherol with retinol, respectively, are necessary to maintain the beauty of the skin. When ingested, peanuts improve collagen production, smoothing the skin. The benefits are observed for the hair, they get rid of dandruff, look shiny.
- Peanut makes up for blood loss, it is also prescribed for pregnant women. When carrying a fruit, it is extremely important to avoid beriberi, a peanut doing an excellent job with this task.
- Does not do without value for the newly-made mothers who are on breastfeeding. Nuts consumed daily, improve the quality and fat content of milk, as well as remove its bitterness.
- Pregnant women and other categories of persons need to monitor the performance of iron in the blood. With a shortage of this element develops iron deficiency anemia. Nuts make up for the lack.
- Peanuts are involved in the prevention of breast cancer. It is mandatory to use it to those who live in hot sunny regions.
Peanuts for men
- The benefits of nuts for members of a strong half of humanity has been known for a long time. The product must be consumed regularly, especially in adulthood. Raw materials copes with the problems of potency and the reproductive system.
- Taking peanuts stabilizes hormones. Nuts perfectly strengthen muscle tissue and tone up the body as a whole. Regular eating of the product provides good prevention of ailments of the cardiovascular system.
Peanuts for weight loss
- Dietitians have many-sided debates about whether peanuts can be included in weight loss diets. Undoubtedly, the product is high in calories and can trigger rapid mass gain. If you approach the other side, you can see that peanuts perfectly suppress hunger for a long time.
- A small amount of roasted nuts and peanut butter can be included in the daily diet while losing weight. Consider, it is forbidden to combine several types of legumes.
- Weight loss should be accompanied by the consumption of a sufficient amount of dried fruit. Roasted nuts with honey can be eaten as a healthy dietary meal. Consider, while losing weight, peanut paste is completely contraindicated.
Peanuts for diabetics
- If you have been diagnosed with diabetes, then ailment implies a special diet for life. In this case, moderate eating peanuts will help alleviate the condition and saturate the body with important enzymes.
- The recommended dose of nuts must be coordinated with the doctor individually. Walnut stabilizes blood cholesterol. It also prolongs the remission period. An alternative is peanut butter.
Peanuts for athletes
- Nuts are very popular in professional sports. Peanuts are especially in demand in bodybuilding. Raw materials allow for the shortest possible time to adjust the body and gain enough muscle mass.
- Even in professional sports, peanuts need to be consumed in strictly limited quantities. On the other hand, nuts are not recommended to be completely excluded from the diet of athletes. Alternatively, you can eat peanut butter.
Peanuts during pregnancy
- Peanuts can cause a severe allergic reaction.
- Nuts can be harmful if abused.
- It is forbidden to eat raw materials in the presence of chronic diseases.
- An excess of substances that contain peanuts can cause hormonal imbalance.
Peanuts - quite a useful product. Nuts in sufficient quantities contain unique components that are needed by the body. However, abuse can lead to unpleasant consequences. If you decide to get rid of ailments, study the contraindications.
One of the favorite representatives of legumes is peanuts or in another way - peanuts. The fullness of various nutrients makes it indispensable for vegetarians, and meat lovers, too, will not be useless. What is the raw peanuts (and other) useful for our body? Let's figure it out!
The benefits of peanuts for the body, calorie
For the first time, residents of South America learned about peanuts, from where it was brought to Africa, Asia and then to North America. Now the product is grown in China and India. The special demand for it was noted during the Second World War due to its high nutritional value.
In the US, the plant is very popular, it produces oil and includes it in the diet of farm animals. In our country, peanuts are mainly used in cooking, cosmetology and medicine.
From the above, it is already clear that peanuts are not a nut, as many people think, but a legume culture filled with a large number of trace elements useful for women:
• The product has many vitamins - A, D, E, PP and group B,
• Unique amino acids (12 essential and 8 essential) with vegetable fats - polyunsaturated linolenic, folic and arachidonic acid,
• Biotin and other organic substances
• Micro and macronutrients with polyphenols.
• The third part of the whole peanut composition belongs to proteins, 10% carbohydrates and more than half of the fats with no cholesterol.
Let us turn to a detailed description of the important beneficial properties of peanuts for the human body:
- Thanks to amino acids, regulation of the cholesterol level in the blood and calcium absorption are provided. Substances are involved in the processes of tissue repair and the production of enzymes with hormones.
- A large amount of protein helps build muscle mass to those who are engaged in improving their physical fitness in the gym.
- With regular use of the product, the cells are renewed and the liver is normalized - folic acid is responsible for this.
- The benefits of peanuts extend to the nervous system, where nicotinic acid restores the membranes of nerve cells, preventing age-related cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's disease.
- Vitamin E reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular disease and oncology.
- The magnesium content helps produce energy and excrete toxic substances from the body. The same element in combination with calcium and fluoride make bones strong.
- Manganese "is engaged" in normalization of fat metabolism, the work of the central nervous system and the brain. Peanuts are particularly useful for brain function, as with regular use memory and attention are significantly improved. It is recommended for depression, neurosis, and severe physical and mental exhaustion.
- With the help of this legume reserves of tryptophan in the body are replenished, “responsible” for the quality of sleep and the production of the hormone of joy and happiness of serotonin.
- It is shown to people who have suffered a serious illness for the speedy recovery.
- Raw peanuts are useful in pathologies of the blood, increasing clotting and protecting against possible hemorrhages, alleviates the symptoms of hemophilia.
- A large amount of iron in peanuts gives every reason to introduce it into your diet for people with low hemoglobin.
- Peanut has a choleretic effect. Fiber eliminates problems associated with the gastrointestinal tract. Methionine is involved in the synthesis of adrenaline and has a regulating effect on fat reserves in the liver.
- Due to antioxidants, aging processes are slowed down, and there are more of them in the fried product than in the cheese.
Maintains peanuts and sexual function at the right level, increasing the production of hormones. For men, it is useful to protect against baldness, and for women to improve appearance, smoothing fine wrinkles.
Undoubtedly, raw peanuts are much healthier than roasted ones, but the second option gives them a more pleasant and rich flavor and aroma. In addition, to separate the peanuts from the husk in this form is much easier.
And not all methods of heat treatment are useful, for example, roasted salted peanuts, and under beer, will not improve health, but harm. This also applies to cooking with added sugar or butter. In addition to increasing the caloric content, women should remember that salt retains water in the body - this can also affect the figure.
Another plus roast product - increased shelf life and the impossibility of mold.
In the process of heat treatment, it is covered with a film that protects the nut from the loss of vitamin E, the concentration of which also increases further.
And there is a much more pleasant fried product, and dishes with its presence gain piquancy and richness.
You can not eat a lot of peanuts, which will lead to overweight and problems with the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
This product is also considered to be allergenic - only a few pieces are enough for quinque edema. Also, an allergic reaction can cause aflatoxins, toxic substances that are formed due to improper storage.
It is not recommended to use peanuts if there is an increased number of platelets in the blood, and varicose veins and thrombophlebitis are diagnosed. This is explained by the ability of the product to slow down the rate of passage of blood through the vessels, making it thicker.
- Doctors do not recommend eating peanuts during pregnancy and lactation because of the possible negative effects on the baby.
What can hurt roasted peanuts?
The maximum rate of consumption during the day is 30 g, this is enough to fill the body with all the necessary elements without possible negative influence.
It is not recommended to eat roasted peanuts for problems with the gastrointestinal tract - the irritating effect of a nut can cause exacerbation of diseases.
With diabetes and the tendency to allergic reactions is not recommended to use peanuts in general.
When used during frying oil should be aware that it releases carcinogens that can not be called useful. Therefore, its use should be limited in quantity, and it is better not to add it at all.
History and application of peanuts
Peanut grass, called peanut, really refers to legumes, if we consider the botanical characteristics. However, in the gastronomic and consumer qualification nowhere, except for nuts, it is not attributed.
The first evidence of the use of peanuts are decorated vases of South American Indian tribes, created in the pre-Columbian time. Researchers have noted the clear contours of the fruit of this herb. It is South America that is the historical homeland of the groundnut, which was introduced to Europe in the era of great geographical discoveries by the Spanish conquistadors. They appreciated the excellent nutritional and taste qualities of the product on the other side of the ocean.
At the beginning of the 20th century, peanuts began to be used not only for gastronomic purposes. Medicines, dyes, printing ink, cosmetics, drinks, household chemicals and pasta were made from it in part or in full. By the way, peanut butter today is one of the main areas of peanut processing in America. This was largely due to the agrochemist George Washington Kerver, who popularized the crop among farmers who suffered from low cotton yields. Turning to the cultivation of peanuts, most of them got rich, for a while peanuts were made a key agricultural crop in the southern states of the United States.
Where peanuts grow: exporting countries
As already mentioned, the natural terrain where peanuts grow is South America. Accordingly, on other continents, this culture is well acclimatized in the territories corresponding to the South American climate. In general, it is a temperature from + 20˚C to + 27˚C. Therefore, in Russia and the CIS countries, natural conditions for its cultivation are created on the Black Sea coast, in the Caucasus, in the southern regions of Ukraine. However, with appropriate care, peanut grows to grow almost throughout the CIS.
The chemical composition of peanuts nuts
Peanuts have an amazing chemical composition, which includes almost all the basic vitamins, mineral compounds, organic and fatty acids.
The content of vitamins in 100 grams (% of the daily intake) and their benefits to the body:
- PP (nicotinic acid) - 13.2 mg (60%). Stimulates blood circulation in small vessels, improves the functioning of the thyroid gland and adrenal glands.
- B1 (thiamine) - 0.74 mg (49%). It is necessary for the normal course of carbohydrate, protein and fat metabolism.
- B2 (riboflavin) - 0.11 mg (6%). Participates in metabolic processes, stimulates cell regeneration and growth.
- B4 (choline) -52.5 mg (10.5%). Normalizes the activity of the nervous system and brain.
- B5 (pantothenic acid) - 1,767 mg (35%). It has a wide spectrum of action, including metabolism, anti-inflammatory effect, the formation and growth of tissue cells.
- B6 (pyridoxine) - 0.348 mg (17.4%). Provides metabolism at the cellular level.
- C (ascorbic acid) - 5.3 mg (5.9%). It is a very important compound for health, which increases the body's immune abilities, promotes collagen synthesis, speeds healing of wounds and tissue damage, and assimilation of iron in the body.
- E (tocopherol) - 10.1 mg (67.3%). Vitamin that nourishes cells, strengthens the walls of blood vessels, as well as acting as one of the key antioxidants.
Mineral content in 100 gr:
- Calcium - 76 mg (7.6%). Provides blood clotting, increases the speed of transmission of nerve impulses, has anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory action.
- Magnesium - 182 mg (45.5%). It stabilizes the nervous system, increases the tone of the cardiovascular system, helps cell regeneration.
- Sodium - 23 mg (1.8%). Improves the digestive tract and kidneys, is involved in the synthesis of certain enzymes.
- Potassium - 658 mg (26.3%). Regulates the water content in the body, equalizes the heart rate.
- Phosphorus - 350 mg (43.8%). Strengthens bone tissue, affects the work of the nervous system, kidneys, metabolism.
- Iron - 5 mg (27.8%). Participates in the blood, responsible for the level of hemoglobin.
- Zinc - 3.27 mg (27.3%). Improves metabolism, accelerates wound healing, strengthens bones.
- Copper - 1144 mg (114%). Способствует усвоению железа, обладает обеззараживающим эффектом.
- Марганец – 1,934 мг (96,7%). Необходим для выработки многих ферментов, улучшает функции нервной и репродуктивной систем.
- Селен – 7,2 мкг (13,1 %). Важен для онкологической профилактики и укрепления иммунитета.
Калорийность арахиса равняется примерно 580 кКал на 100 грамм. Basically, it is provided with fats - 100 grams of their product is not less than 40%. Protein accounts for about 26%, and carbohydrates - about 10%.
The healing properties of peanuts for the body
In the unique composition of the groundnut is hidden extensive benefits to the human body. Regular use of this product "covers" the problematic and deficient positions for those nutrients that the body often suffers from. Due to this, beneficial changes are manifested in different internal organs and systems:
- anti-sclerotic effect is manifested - despite the many fats in the composition, peanuts, when used correctly, reduce the level of cholesterol,
- memory, concentration, attention improves, the person gets tired less and becomes stress-resistant,
- notes an increase in the threshold of auditory sensitivity,
- functions of the immune and nervous system are stabilized,
- a choleretic effect appears,
- coagulability of blood increases.
Useful and healing properties of peanuts contribute to the improvement of not only physical but also psycho-emotional state. This is due to the amino acid tryptophan. It activates the production of the "hormone of joy" - serotonin, which is a strong natural antidepressant. It helps not only to avoid despondency and nervous breakdowns, but also to “stand up” with a breakdown.
Separately, it must be said that roasted peanuts contain a quarter more polyphenols than raw ones. These antioxidants enhance the anti-cancer functions of the body and reduce the risk of developing diseases of the cardiovascular system.
The benefits of peanuts for women and men
Peanuts are intuitively loved by people of all ages and genders due to the fact that its medicinal characteristic helps to improve the health of everyone.
For women, the advantage of peanuts is in high nutritional value, due to which it is often added to the diet - it quickly nourishes and perfectly stimulates the metabolism. In addition, the nut helps to restore the tone of the nervous system (which can be very important during hormonal changes), actively fights cancer, reduces the risk of developing pathologies in the fetus during pregnancy, suspends the aging process, participates in the regulation of hormonal balance.
And what is the benefit for men? Almost the same. First of all, peanut is involved in hormonal regulation, and it, in turn, causes positive changes in all the reproductive system: improves testosterone production, sperm production, increases libido and sexual activity. Peanut butter is often used to enhance male power. The anti-cancer characteristic of peanuts also affects the health of representatives of a strong half of humanity.
Cultivation and care of peanuts
Those who have never encountered the process of growing bean grass peanuts are interested in how this plant looks. In fact, peanuts are somewhat similar to potatoes. Its stem rushes upward, and when the pods form on the branches, the beans fall to the ground and ripen there.
On average, a period of 3 to 4 months passes from planting to harvesting mature beans. Plants dig and shake off clods of earth, like potatoes. After collecting the peanuts need to properly dry.
Peanut Butter (Pasta)
As already mentioned above, the use of peanut butter is very popular among peanut products, and in different forms - peanut butter is used both in cooking and cosmetology, and in other areas. Peanut paste is mainly popular in the confectionery industry, used as a standalone product, and as an addition to various desserts, such as cookies and toast.
Try authentic certified peanut butter!
For any product, the benefits and harms go hand in hand, and peanuts are no exception. Today it is considered one of the most common allergens. A negative reaction is expressed in pain, nausea and vomiting. Experts say that when eating a nut without a husk, the risk of allergic reactions is sharply reduced, but you still need to be careful.
As such, there are no contraindications. Most often, the harm is caused by excessive use, causing heaviness in the stomach, flatulence, colitis, nausea and other symptoms.
Peanuts are best kept in a cool dark place by placing them in an airtight container or bag. In the modern house for this ideal refrigerator. But even in these conditions, the shelf life should not exceed 9 months.
Buy only natural certified peanuts and be healthy !!
In terms of botany, peanuts are not nuts. In its composition it is more associated with leguminous products such as peas, lentils and others.
It is quite interesting to watch how this nut grows. First, flowers bloom, which, because of their weight, lower the thin stem as low as possible to the ground. Eventually, the flower digs into the ground, where peanuts finally ripen.
A light brown veined pod contains two or three nut kernels. Do not try to cheat, considering it pods. The rate of peanuts per day for a person in all publications is determined in the kernels, that is, the nuts themselves. Each oval shape consists of two yellowish slices covered with brownish-red peel. It has a bright, oily, "nutty" taste.
Due to the high protein content and chemical composition, peanuts are often used in various products and are processed into butter, pasta, flour and flakes.
Want to get the most out of nuts? Choose peanuts. Proteins, fats, carbohydrates - not the only thing that should be taken into account when it comes to this nut. In addition to the fact that this product is surprisingly rich in proteins, it contains a number of useful substances. Further, the rate of nutrient micronutrients is indicated at the rate of 28 grams - the approximate daily rate:
- Calories - 166.
- Protein - 7.8 grams.
- Fat - 14.7 grams.
- Carbohydrates - 4.3 grams.
- Cellulose - 2.6 grams.
- Calcium - 17.1 grams.
- Potassium - 203 mg.
- Magnesium - 49.3 mg.
- Phosphorus - 111 mg.
- Sodium - 89, 6 mg.
- Salt of folic acid - 33.6 mcg.
It should be borne in mind that all these data are given for the product in its pure form, without any additives. If you, for example, buy packaged salted peanuts, then the nutritional value for it may differ significantly from the above values. The same applies to peanut butter, as many manufacturers use a variety of additives in the production. Carefully read the composition before purchasing.
How many peanuts can you eat per day?
In principle, you can eat as much as it fits into your daily BJU norm (proteins, fats, carbohydrates) and calorie content. However, to go too far and go beyond, especially if you, for example, decided to take salted peanuts at the cinema to brighten up watching your favorite movie, it is very easy, because it has a high fat content.
On average, experts recommend eating no more than 20-30 grams per day, which corresponds to about 20 nuts. Peanuts can be eaten both in pure form as a snack between main meals and used in various dishes. For example, in salads and baking.
Many prefer the option of peanuts in the icing. It is worth being careful here, because, first, the amount of sugar and carbohydrates in such a product increases significantly. If you are on a low-carb diet, then postpone this delicacy for the future.
Another format that has become quite popular in recent years in our country is peanut paste (or butter). A good way to diversify the morning porridge and add the necessary protein to breakfast or figure out a small snack by spreading the paste on toast. But again, be careful and pay attention to the composition, many manufacturers add a significant amount of sweeteners.
What is useful for the body peanuts?
The useful properties of this nut, probably even more than the methods of its use in cooking, and, believe me, a lot. All these advantages are related to its composition:
- Heart healthy fats. Peanuts contain monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats that support heart health, reduce cholesterol levels, thereby reducing the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Squirrels. They are necessary for the health of cells in the body, which are constantly replaced and restored. In order for new cells to be healthy and the defeated to recover properly, the body urgently needs protein. Peanuts have a significant content of vegetable protein, so it must be present in the diet of children, vegetarians and people with protein deficiency.
- Antioxidants. Their high content not only protects the heart, but also prevents the growth of free radicals, preventing the occurrence of infections.
- Minerals Peanuts are a rich source of minerals such as magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, calcium, sodium, and others. All of them are necessary for the healthy functioning of the body.
- Vitamins. Peanuts provide the body with essential vitamins, helps to normalize the metabolism and the conversion of fats and carbohydrates into energy. Being a good source of folic acid, it reduces the incidence of birth defects associated with anemia.
Of course, this is not all that a peanut is good for the organism, but if you list every advantage, then a whole treatise will come out.
Unfortunately, there are practically no products in the world that can boast only advantages.
Excessive consumption of peanuts can lead to increased gas formation, bloating, heartburn and even the development of food allergies.
Peanut allergy is probably one of the most serious food allergies. The reaction in this case usually occurs within a few minutes after eating or even touching the peanut or product, with its content. Usually, it all starts with a tingling mouth, and then the face, throat and mouth swell up. This can lead to difficulty breathing, asthma attacks, anaphylactic show, or even death. A less pronounced reaction manifests itself in the form of a rash, urticaria and an upset stomach. People with similar allergies usually always carry an adrenaline shot with them to give the body extra time before the ambulance arrives.
If such a condition was diagnosed in infancy, then it is likely that the allergy will remain with a person for life. Rarely, when a peanut allergy passes at a conscious age. To date, there has been an increase in cases of this disease, which has made this nut a subject for numerous studies, due to the severity of the allergic reaction to peanuts. Contraindications will be discussed below.
When to stop using
In addition to allergies directly to the peanut itself, there are a number of conditions under which it should be abandoned.
This nut is susceptible to aflatoxin contamination - a potential carcinogen that causes malignant tumors and is a risk factor in the development of liver carcinoma. If the peanut has acquired a greenish-yellow color, then it should be discarded immediately and in no case be eaten.
The rule indicated in the article is a recommendation. How many peanuts can you eat per day? If you are prone to edema or are currently suffering from prolonged diarrhea, then for the first time you should still give up all types of nuts, because of their high fat content, they can aggravate the condition.
Peanuts contain alpha-linoleic acid, which, as most studies have shown, at high concentrations increases the risk of developing prostate cancer.
How to choose and store peanuts?
Harm and benefits, calorie content and micronutrient quantity may be irrelevant if you store nuts incorrectly.
Peeled peanuts are usually sold packaged in containers or by weight. Before buying, make sure that the packaging is intact, the product is fresh, and that there is no sign of moisture or insects on the packaging and the counter. If possible, smell the peanuts to make sure that there is no rancid and musty smell.
Whole nut, inshell, usually sold by weight or in bags. If possible, shake the package before purchasing. If the package seems heavy for its volume and does not emit rattling, then peanuts are good. Also make sure that there are no cracks, dark spots and insect marks on the shell.
Peeled peanuts should be stored in a tightly closed container in the refrigerator, as exposure to heat, humidity or light can cause a rancid taste. A whole nut can be stored in a cool place, and in the refrigerator the product will last up to 9 months.
Peanuts for weight loss
More and more, peanuts are found in conversations and recipes about losing weight. It sounds strange, but in fact he is really able to help in getting rid of extra pounds. The main thing is to remember how much peanuts can be eaten per day, and not to exceed this rate.
Since the nut is rich in fiber and protein, it will allow you to maintain a feeling of fullness for a long time, not allowing you to overeat. In addition, it takes about two hours for the stomach to digest peanuts, compared with thirty minutes for foods high in carbohydrates.
Walnut speeds up metabolism. Studies have shown that with daily moderate consumption of peanuts for 19 weeks, the subjects accelerated the metabolism by as much as 11%.
Fats in it contribute to the saturation and satisfaction of taste needs, so you suffer less from the inability to enjoy your favorite chocolates.
Peanuts stabilize blood sugar levels, which provides a long-term energy boost and reduces cravings for "harmful" products.
Peanuts are an amazing product. It has the characteristics of nuts, but it refers to legumes. A rich source of protein, a good product for controlling appetite and an excellent addition to various salads and even hot dishes. In addition, it is the most common and relatively inexpensive nut (compared to the same almond) and, unfortunately, it is one of the worst allergens in the world.
But if you are lucky and you do not suffer from food allergies, then immediately go for a couple of packages of peanuts, please your body and taste buds.
Roasting peanuts in a pan - a simple recipe
You can fry peanuts in a frying pan, either in the shell or without it, but in the first case, the cooking time will increase. The recipe is simple - to sort out raw materials, wash them with a colander, put them on a towel, waiting for them to dry.
Pour the nuts into the preheated frying pan and fry, stirring constantly - first on a low heat until they are completely dry and then add.
The readiness of the nuts is determined by the crackling in the process of frying and darkening of the husk or sides.
Cooking time 15-20 minutes, after which you will need to shift them on a plate or in a paper bag and let stand for a while. Such a product will retain all its properties for a month.
If you want to eat salted nuts, you can do this by adding a little seasoning during the frying process. It is also allowed to mix in already prepared peanuts or to make a saline solution, pouring it during the heat treatment process.
Cooking in the oven
The next way to fry peanuts is in the oven. To do this, heat it to 180 degrees. Rinse and dry the raw material, then lay it on a baking sheet covered with food paper or foil.
Preparing the product for about 25 minutes, then left to cool. If you are cooking already peeled nuts, the cooking time is less - 15 minutes.
In the microwave
Good peanuts, roasted in the microwave, and here's how to do it - put the prepared raw materials on a flat plate and cover, setting the oven to maximum power. Approximate time - 7 minutes, depends on the power of the microwave.
After 3 minutes, stop the frying process and mix the nuts, then again cover the remaining 4 minutes.
- Remember that for the microwave you need to use special dishes.
Separately, I note that the benefits of peanut when adding sugar or salt to it will be much less, but the choice is yours.
Peanuts and Weight Loss - 4 Tips
If you follow the figure - follow the measure!
The high caloric content of peanuts does not allow them to feast on “from the belly” if necessary to lose weight. With regular use, you need to reduce the total caloric intake by 200 Kcal and follow the following recommendations:
- The maximum amount of this product per day is 50 g (10-15 pieces).
- If you do not eat meat, the nuts will be a great replacement for him.
- When losing weight, the following should be taken into account - assimilation of the fried product is faster, but nutrients are lost - vitamins with fatty acids, and this dish also stimulates the appetite.
- Употреблять арахис желательно до обеда — так все жиры и другие питательные элементы успеют полностью усвоиться организмом.
Дневная калорийность рациона — не больше 1500 Ккал. При составлении меню обязательно следует ориентироваться на первоначальный вес и поставленную цель.
Peanut butter can also be used as an alternative to nuts, but it should not contain any sweeteners or other additives. And the maximum amount during the day - 4 small spoons.
If you familiarize yourself with the chemical composition of peanuts, it becomes immediately clear why they are so popular among cooks and adherents of a healthy lifestyle.
The product is rich in useful amino acids (AK): 12 essential and 8 interchangeable. 100 g contains almost the total daily rate of AK required for a person.
There are also enough vitamins in peanuts, such as PP and representatives of group B. Potassium, magnesium and phosphorus can be detected from macronutrients, and iron from microelements.
Ground nuts, with their fairly high calorie content, have virtually no cholesterol. Vegetarians often use peanut fruit and oil as a worthy protein alternative to meat products. This is a good way to provide the body with proteins for people who do not eat animal food, although there are contraindications for allergy sufferers.
What is useful
Key properties of peanuts:
- helps to smooth the wrinkles on the skin, which is very important for women
- lowers blood cholesterol
- lowers the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases,
- prevents the stress that most men and women face today
- improves memory, increases concentration.
Regular but moderate use of peanuts has a positive effect on human health. This is a proven fact, confirmed by numerous medical studies. If you include ground nuts (raw or roasted) in your diet on a regular basis, the first positive results can be seen in a few months.
- Experiments show that groundnuts are effective in preventing cancer. Moreover, its use contributes to slowing the development of cancer.
- Effective peanuts and in the fight against infertility. Regular consumption of fruits can normalize the functions of the reproductive organs, both in men and women.
- This type of nuts is useful in the treatment of many other ailments. For example, if you or your child suffer from a long dry cough, put rice porridge with peanuts on a regular basis into the diet: this healthy nutritional mixture will eliminate unpleasant symptoms in a fairly short period of time.
- Peanuts are also used in the treatment of diseases of the stomach, although here one must be especially careful. This product is heavy enough for digestion, therefore, eaten in large quantities, it can cause disruptions in the pancreas and liver.
- It has choleretic properties, which are also often used in various recipes of traditional medicine.
- For men, peanuts can be an excellent prophylactic against urolithiasis.
- Peanuts contain optimal reserves of magnesium, which helps cleanse the body of toxic substances, promotes energy production and protects against stress. The combination of the same magnesium with calcium and fluoride makes bones stronger.
- Methionine is also present in the composition of groundnuts. This compound synthesizes adrenaline and regulates fat accumulation in the human liver.
- Mandatory is the use of peanuts for those men who pump muscles.
Combination with other products
In addition to all the listed beneficial properties, peanuts are also very tasty. It can be used both separately and in combination with other products in the composition of various dishes.
In cooking, there are hundreds of different recipes in which you can use the fruit and peanut butter. In particular, roasted peanuts are excellent with zucchini and meat. And how not to remember peanut paste, without which it is difficult to imagine breakfast in an average American family.
Peanut oil has been widely used in traditional medicine, cooking and cosmetology. Women who keep their finger on the pulse of cosmetic new products know that this oil is added to the composition of many modern skin and hair care products.
Its cosmetic properties are often compared with the cosmetic properties of olive oil. In the manufacture of high-quality product technologies are used to preserve most of the useful ingredients during processing.
Harm and list of contraindications
Everyone knows that any, even the most useful food product can cause negative consequences for the body, if you eat it in unlimited quantities. This fully applies to peanuts.
Currently known contraindications:
- These nuts are very high in calories, so people who are overweight should not get carried away. For women on a diet, peanuts for snacking are not the best idea.
- It is not recommended to use peanuts for diseases of the inflammatory joints, such as arthritis, arthrosis or gout.
- The reddish peel of a peanut is a strong allergen, therefore many nutritionists advise to eat an already purified product. But it will not save you from an allergic reaction if you suffer from individual intolerance. The consequences can be the most severe - up to anaphylactic shock. In addition, other substances contained in peanuts — proteins or fatty amino acids — can cause a hidden allergic reaction.
Have roasted peanuts remove the shell is simple. It is enough to “roll” the nutlet between two fingers, so that dried peel would “fly off” it. Moreover, even in this form, the nuts retain their beneficial properties and at the same time acquire a more pleasant dessert taste.
Peanuts - composition
To understand what the benefits of peanuts, it is necessary to find out in detail what is contained in the peanuts. It is a source of vitamins, minerals and other organic compounds. The chemical composition makes it an indispensable dietary supplement of the daily diet and an important ingredient in many medical and cosmetic products. It is necessary to highlight the valuable components of the nut peanuts - tangible harm and its benefits are palpable for everyone. In each nut there is:
- Amino acids. Promote the absorption of calcium in full, regulate cholesterol in the blood.
- Magnesium. Participates in the formation and strengthening of the musculoskeletal system, contributes to the rapid removal of products of intoxication.
- Folic acid. It improves liver function, guarantees fast tissue regeneration at the cellular level.
- A nicotinic acid. Successfully struggling with the aging process of the dermis, is considered a worthy prevention of Alzheimer's disease.
- Plant fiber. Normalizes systemic digestion, prevents the development of diseases of the digestive system.
Peanuts - Calories
Separately, it is worth considering the calorie nut. Whether or not there is a valuable product, it is up to the nutritionist and the person himself. How many calories in peanuts, is it possible to use it when correcting overweight? 100 grams of the finished product contains 47 grams of lipids. Peanut is considered a fat ingredient, so you should think before adding it to the daily menu.
How much protein is in peanuts
For a diet is a harmful product, but for muscle mass and not only very useful. It is important to know how much protein there is in peanuts in order to diversify the peanut of the athlete menu, for example. 100 grams of a product contains as much as 26 grams of protein, which is more than fish and meat. Energy value, confirming its health benefits for the weak, losing weight - 550 kcal. High calorie does not meet the objectives of the diet and is not compatible with it.
What are the vitamins in peanuts
If we talk about the benefits of peanuts, we must remember which vitamins in peanuts affect the condition and functionality of the whole organism. In fact, this is the real “vitamin bomb”, and the harm to humans is minimal. Such a representative of the legume family is rich in such organic substances (compounds) as:
- Vitamins of group B. Normalize work at the cellular level, i.e. have a positive effect on all internal systems, organs, connective tissue.
- Vitamin C. They are responsible for the state of immunity, they are engaged in intensive production of specific antibodies.
- Vitamins PP. Engaged in metabolic processes, provide the conversion of fats, proteins and carbohydrates into valuable energy.
- Choline. It prevents the destruction of cells, is the prevention of their fragility and propensity to form foci of necrosis.
- Vitamin E. Responsible for the elimination of free radicals, the inhibition of the products of intoxication of organic resources.
The benefits of peanuts for men
If it is interesting to know what makes peanuts useful, the harm and benefits of this natural product are incommensurable. Peanut is especially important for the male body in adulthood, because it helps to solve the problem with potency, to return the joy of sex life. What is useful for men peanuts? There are such properties as:
- normalization of hormonal levels,
- muscle strengthening, myocardial work,
- increased vascular tone.
What is harmful peanuts
If you fry a raw fruit with the peel (unpeeled), the cooked dish retains most of its beneficial properties. If the bean culture is pre-peeled, then sent to the oven, the benefits to the body are significantly reduced. At the same time, it is important to understand whether peanuts are harmful to humans. "Reefs" really is. It:
- the risk of allergic reactions
- dangerous consequences for the figure, you can get fat,
- the presence of contraindications
- local reactions on the skin,
- hormonal imbalance.
With an overestimated blood sugar level, it is necessary to sit on a diet for life. The beneficial properties of peanuts in diabetes are significant, there is no harm to the body. If you eat the dose indicated by the doctor, the level of cholesterol in the blood will normalize with time, with the disease there will be a longer period of remission. It is better to clean the shell, otherwise you can get better. Alternatively, peanut butter is used.
Peanuts in bodybuilding
Groundnut is used by professional athletes. It is important to understand what peanuts give the body - the harm and health benefits are very diverse. Bodybuilding walnut allows you to simulate an athletic silhouette, getting nutrients for muscle mass. Peanuts in bodybuilding should be present in strictly limited portions, but it is not recommended to completely exclude it from the daily diet. This will only harm. The alternative is peanut butter (not paste) with the same valuable properties.
Is peanuts pregnant?
In the “interesting position” it is important to control your diet. The question immediately arises whether peanuts can be pregnant, how to avoid harm to health. The product is not prohibited, but it is important to strictly control its portions. We should start with the benefits: the future mom's body receives many vitamins that are necessary for the full growth and development of the child in the womb. However, there is also harm (especially with pasta), which is worth talking in more detail:
- excretion of erucic acid is associated with increased stress on the kidneys, liver,
- impaired stool, a tendency to chronic diarrhea,
- the risk of helminthic invasions when eating raw walnut,
- intoxication of the body,
- local and general allergic reactions.
In order to normalize the general condition, a pregnant woman will have to prepare decoctions from medicinal plants or take pills. The product is used with caution, without risking the health of the future mom. When deciding to eat peanuts, perceptible harm and the benefits of this natural product should be evaluated in advance. Consultation with a doctor will not be superfluous.