Another name - flycatcher, skolopendra. Color yellow with black stripes. The body is oblong (reaches 3 cm), flattened and segmented. The insect has 15-20 pairs of paws, with the loss or damage in place of each of the legs grows new. To be able to hold the victim, on the front two legs are ticks.
Centipedes are absolutely harmless and even useful, but they invariably cause hostility in humans.
When a person is bitten, no negative effects are noted, except for minor pain sensations. The poison, through which the centipede acts on its prey, is dangerous only to insects (flies, cockroaches), snails, slugs. The flycatcher is distinguished by its excellent eyesight, which makes it possible to move freely, not only during the day, but also at night. Movement speed develops up to 40 cm / s. Villi are distributed on the surface of the calf.
They are quite harmless. They are not dangerous for people, they do not spoil furniture, they do not harm plants.
The average life expectancy is 7 years, due to the ability to restore lost limbs. As a result, the speed of movement of insects does not decrease, and they can avoid hazards. Favorite habitats - where the level of humidity is elevated. Means, centipedes more often notice in the bathroom, toilet, basement. Thanks to the flattened shape of the calf, the centipedes are able to penetrate the smallest crevices.
The path of penetration of the centipede into the house
When deciding how to get rid of centipedes in a private house, you should first figure out where they came from. Acceptable conditions for these insects: dim light, humid environment, many shelters. Given these preferences, it can be assumed that centipedes will be found more often in the bathroom and toilet. In the hall, nursery, in the kitchen, these insects live less frequently, but still they can be found here.
The flycatcher does not harm the home plants, does not spoil the furniture and wallpaper. Food stocks in the kitchen of these insects also do not attract.
There are several factors contributing to the appearance of the centipede:
- Permanent source of water, for example, condensation on tiles, leaking plumbing fixtures
- Increased humidity in the room, contributing to the spread of moisture
- Comfortable microclimate
- Enough food
- Dim light.
However, the primary source is a basement or a cellar, if these rooms are sufficiently strongly infected. Insects will spread further along the object, selecting for themselves apartments with suitable living conditions. If you do not take the flycatchers out of the house, they will periodically return. It is the increased humidity and dampness that causes the centipedes to appear in the fall, when the heating has not yet been supplied, but the temperature outside the window has dropped sufficiently to make the housing cool.
The front legs of the flycatcher are claws, with the help of which it attracts the victim to itself.
The main food sources of the flycatcher are: insects, human food debris and the root system of plants, despite this, the centipede does not harm plantings.
Review of methods of struggle
When deciding how to get rid of centipedes in your apartment, you need to perform a number of simple manipulations:
- All rooms must be ventilated, if possible, it is recommended to install forced ventilation devices in the bathroom and toilet.
- It is important to control the level of humidity in the apartment. In this case, the fight against insects begins with the purchase of a dehumidifier.
- The work of plumbing devices is regularly checked, the pipeline is inspected for the presence of gaps, the operation of taps is monitored.
- If there is a task, how to get rid of centipedes in a private house permanently, you need to monitor the condition of the basement room: the humidity level decreases, the rubble is removed, and the spread of damp and mold is prevented.
- All the cracks on the floor and walls, between the risers of sewer pipes, on the door frame of the entrance door, window frames need to be filled. On the windows set mosquito nets.
- On the territory of private housing should not be accumulated unnecessary things, where flycatchers can freely breed.
- Fighting centipedes also includes checking the soil of domestic plants. No water should accumulate in the pallets.
- In the bathroom after washing it is important to avoid accumulation of water: splashing, puddles.
Interesting video: Flycatcher home friend or foe?
Overview of chemical agents
If there is a problem, how to permanently get rid of centipedes in the house, it is allowed to consider preparations based on poisons. However, this method is better to use in case of severe contamination of the premises, because flycatchers are harmless to humans, and also destroy pests of various species.
Treat their intended habitats with boric acid.
To get rid of centipedes can, using the following means:
- Boric acid - it is scattered throughout the housing, but the use of a solution based on this powder is also effective.
- Food diatom powder.
- Crawling insect raid - offered in the form of an aerosol, has a pleasant smell.
- Medilis-Ziper. It is characterized by an unpleasant smell. This is a universal remedy, but requires the use of protective equipment.
- Lambda-Zone - the drug is safe for humans and pets. The product is odorless.
- Globol Original - offered in gel form, no odor. Contains chemical insecticides.
- Combat - aerosol, through which it is easy to handle the habitats of centipedes (in the bathroom, toilet, etc.), for this is included nozzle.
In order not to harm the centipedes, but only to scare them away, it is recommended to first use folk remedies: boric acid, diatomaceous (diatomaceous) powder.
Aerosols are recommended to be used with the condition that no one will be home for at least 2 hours.
Thus, the centipedes do not harm, except for psychological discomfort from the neighborhood with these insects. There are quite a lot of benefits from them: centipedes destroy flies, cockroaches and other harmful insects that often live in the house.
To get skolopendra, you need to restore the normal level of humidity, remove food and water sources, clear the places where the trash is stored. If you create unsuitable living conditions, the centipedes will leave the housing themselves.
(1 rating, average: 1.00 out of 5) Download.
What to withdraw and permanently get rid of centipedes in the house?
To find out how to get rid of centipedes, you need to understand that the owner of the house itself is to blame for their appearance, creating favorable conditions for their living. The centipede loves dampness and insects. Crawling home from the street, she is looking for food - flies, various beetles, cockroaches. And if it finds it, it is delayed in this house for a long time. Therefore, the fight against an uninvited guest should begin with the destruction of other insects.
Private house - the perfect place for centipedes. During the day you can hide in the basement, where there is usually increased dampness. At night, no one bothers the insect to crawl over the entire area of the human dwelling. As soon as the flycatcher sees insect-food, it overtakes him. Her speed of movement makes it easy to do that. At one time, a centipede can catch more than one bug. During lunch, one second she holds in her paws.
Not only the basement is the refuge of the centipede. The bathroom is also suitable for her living, as there is high humidity here. And if in it also the pipes are leaking, there are dark corners, then the conditions for the insect are simply perfect.
In houses with old floors made of natural wood, the centipede settles in their cracks. But she is afraid of those coatings that are treated with mastic.
Dirty dishes, constantly left in the kitchen, are often attacked by ants and midges. And the flycatcher loves these waste eaters. Therefore, there is a lot of food for her.
Centipede goes hunting more often at night. She does not threaten the person, but her appearance can frighten. Particularly afraid of her children. But sometimes an insect can bite in case of danger. The bite is not dangerous to humans, like mosquito.
Very often, Velcro is recommended for dealing with flytraps. And in vain. They do not help. The centipede runs off with adhesive tape. And if the paws stick to it, the insect simply leaves them. New grow.
If you put all kinds of lures in the house that other insects fall on, this will not help. The centipede feeds only on bugs and similar food.
Get rid of the unpleasant neighbor can be much easier. It is necessary to do general cleaning: throw out all the trash, rid the walls from the street from the weed plants - it is thanks to them that the centipedes crawl inside. Only those individuals that are still in the house will remain. They can be gradually caught.
Should get rid of other insects living in the house. Thus, the flycatcher will not become food, and she will leave home.
It does not make it dry rooms. If you dry the basement and bathroom, the uninvited guest will leave the house. On the ventilation grilles in the bathroom it is necessary to install nets through which the insect cannot penetrate. It is necessary to seal up the gaps in the windows and doors, to putty the foundation, to equip the air vents with mosquito nets.
If these tools do not help, then get rid of the flycatcher by chemical means.
Chemicals should be used in extreme cases. In the fight against centipedes, special substances are recommended that are recommended for getting rid of insects present in homes.
It is very important to be careful and observe safety measures.
The chemical preparation can be decomposed at the places of insect penetration into the house. The flycatcher will not be able to pass through this obstacle. So that it does not crawl through the window, it is necessary to process the lower part of the wall of the house. But the insecticide is used exactly the one that is intended for outdoor treatment.
You can try to get rid of the enemy and on the site. To do this, you should process the tracks and everything that the owners use. But all funds act for a certain time, after which the insects return. You can clear the area, dry it, then there is hope that the centipede will not return.
It is necessary to observe special care if pets live next to a person. In this case, it is better to use natural pesticides, such as boric acid.
You should not fight with the flycatcher in the garden or in the garden. Damage to beneficial plants, it does not cause, and destroys harmful insects. Here she is a helper, not an evil enemy.
How to get rid of centipedes in the house
Owners of private houses often encounter diverse, uninvited "living creatures" in their home: ants and beetles, caterpillars and centipedes are frequent guests in a suburban home. If your floor is not treated with building mastic, most likely centipedes will settle there.
Unlike most other insects, the centipedes are not only not dangerous, but also useful for humans, but their appearance is capable of scaring to horror both children and adults. There are many ways to get rid of centipedes in the house.
Eliminating indoor humidity to control centipedes
Centipedes live in a humid environment, so they can not be found in houses with a dry climate. If many-legged neighbors have settled in your home, try to reduce the humidity.
- Check all plumbing devices for smudges, stagnation and contamination. Make the necessary repairs, making sure that the taps and pipes no longer give excessive moisture.
- Constantly ventilate the room. Especially the bathroom - install a special hood, often leave the doors open to circulate more dry air.
- Make sure that your home has no areas of mold accumulation - especially under the floor and in the crevices of the walls. Mold attracts flytraps to the dwelling.
- Get sachets of silica gel, a special absorbent that drains the air around you. Place such bags in places where moisture is often accumulated - in basements, in the attic, in storerooms and showers.
Attention! Place the silica gel in places inaccessible to children, in order to avoid the use of a chemical drug in food!
Additional ways to deal with centipedes in the house
Centipedes will leave your home on their own, if you eliminate the moisture and potential food - they just go to hunt elsewhere. Therefore, before poisoning centipedes, get rid of other insects. If you met with an invasion of centipedes, and the above methods did not help you - feel free to contact a specialized company. Your house and the territory next to it will be treated with powerful chemical compounds and will destroy all kinds of animals, including centipedes.
How to get rid of centipedes in a private house with the help of special tools
Centipedes can be easily expelled from the house by various insecticides and chemical means. Chalks and gels from cockroaches often help - the centipedes do not tolerate such chemistry, and, sensing, tend to get away.
Aerosol preparations from crawling insects are very effective:
Aerosols are sprayed locally, when they encounter an insect, and they also process the places most likely to reach the flycatchers. Update spraying is necessary every three to four days. There are not so many chemicals from centipedes on sale, but they are well affected by the wide-range drugs listed above.
Important! When treating the premises with insecticides, it is necessary to expel all households and animals from the house, pack food and medicine, put on protective uniforms - a mask, gloves, respirator, glasses and a suit, and close all windows and doors. After pest control, air a few hours later. To carry out wet cleaning.
The chemical remedy for centipedes in the house should be used only if it did not help getting rid of moisture and insects and folk methods, because such funds can harm not only insects, but also children and pets!
How to get rid of centipedes in a private house or apartment, the causes of centipedes, are dangerous to humans
The appearance of centipedes in a private house or apartment for many of us becomes a problem. In the domestic plan this is even useful, but the view is unpleasant and can bite noticeably. Therefore, in most cases, people try to get rid of his presence. This can be done in different ways.
Varieties of centipedes: the reasons for their appearance in the house, is there a danger to a person from being close to them
From a scientific point of view, a centipede is the name of a superclass consisting of four classes of arthropods. On the territory of Russia in human housing can only be found a common centipede and a ringed scolopendra (class of sandleg). In everyday life, both species are called centipedes or centipedes. Consider them in more detail.
Officially, the habitat of the flycatcher (except for other countries) is considered to be the Volga region and the south of Russia, but it can also be found in the center of the country. The insect is relatively small, in adulthood it has a size from 3.5 to 6 cm. The color is sandy or yellowish-gray, and there are dark stripes along the body and across the legs. This centipede is a predator that feeds on small arthropods: moths, fleas, silverfish, flies, cockroaches, spiders, etc. It lives in nature and in the trees, and under them, in fallen leaves.
The flycatcher moves to human habitation in the fall, escaping from the rising cold. It settles in places with high humidity: in basements, bathrooms, kitchens. Active at any time of the day. While defending itself, this centipede can bite, but the strength of its maxillons is often not enough to puncture the skin. An insect bite is similar to a mosquito or bee, a swelling of one or another force may appear - it all depends on a person’s personal susceptibility.
The most common type of centipede found in houses is the common flycatcher.
In Russia, only the ringed, or the Crimean skolopendra is found, and it can only be found in the south of the country, or rather, on the Crimea peninsula (hence the second name). This millipede is a predator that hunts small insects and worms. The dimensions are modest for a kind, only 10–12 cm in length. The color is golden yellow, with transverse stripes in black. The usual habitats of the colloidal skolopendra are shaded, moist corners of the garden, the gaps between the stones or the space under them, rotted trees with loose bark, etc.
With the onset of cold weather, the insect begins to look for more comfortable places to live and often finds them in houses and apartments. Most often settled in the bathroom and in the kitchen, as there is warm, there is constant access to water. It catches the eye mostly at night. The bite of the centipede is painful (some are compared to repeated bee sting), but there is no danger to the life of an adult. A serious threat to health occurs if the bitten is allergic.
Skolopendram tend to choose as a refuge, not only the gap in the floor, baseboards or space under the furniture. Они могут прятаться в обуви или под любым оставленным на полу предметом. Чтобы избежать укуса, следует внимательно посмотреть, нет ли там насекомого и только потом обуваться, брать вещь в руки.
Кольчатую сколопендру можно встретить только на юге России
Как избавиться: способы борьбы с сороконожками в квартире и частном доме
The flycatcher and skolopendra, although different in appearance, are very similar in lifestyle, so the methods used to combat them are the same. There are two options for ridding the home of these insects: technical and chemical. In the first case, we make the house unfit for a centipede, and in the second, we use chemical agents that poison it or scare it away. The second without the first to apply is irrational, because after some time the insects will return.
What can be done at home without the use of chemistry to get rid of centipedes
To make your home unattractive for the centipede, you need to remember its preferences: a large number of places to hide, high humidity, the presence of small insects for food. Consequently:
- To inspect the house / apartment for the presence of cracks in the foundation, behind baseboards, between the floorboards. All that is there - well putty. In the basement or subfield, if any, do the same. Make a revision in storage areas, remove unnecessary stacks of paper, rags, etc.
- Inspect the water pipes and heating system, plumbing and places of its connection to the sewer and water pipes. Found leaks to eliminate, think over how to avoid the accumulation of condensate on the surfaces where it appears. If the latter is not possible, then the problem should be minimized by improving ventilation.
- Get rid of small insects that inhabit the room: flies, cockroaches, ants, moths, etc.
Often these activities are enough and the centipedes themselves leave the dwelling. If this does not happen, the next step will be the use of chemicals purchased in the store or manufactured independently.
Insecticides of industrial production, which will help to permanently remove insects
The simplest and fastest are aerosols and sprays. The disadvantage of this method is the possible toxicity to humans, since a suspension of the drug is formed in the air for some time. It is necessary to work in a respirator, and after processing to well ventilate the room.
- Starex spray.
- "Medilis-tsiper". Concentrated product, diluted according to the instructions, processing is performed using a sprayer.
- "Delta Zone". It is used in the same way as the previous preparation.
- Henkel Combat, aerosol.
- Raid, aerosol.
Other agents effective in controlling centipedes:
- Globol Origina, pasta. Contains two potent substances, deltamethrin and diflubenzuron. It helps for a long time, but when working with him should be especially careful.
- "Lambda-zone" granules. It unfolds in places where insects accumulate.
- "Raptor", aquafumigator. Allows you to process the entire room at once, without working on individual sections. The most effective means of all these, but also the most toxic. At the time of the fumigator from the room should go out to all people. Pets, including aquarium fish, must be removed.
Use of natural pesticides to get rid of centipedes
The first remedy to be mentioned is boric acid powder. Usually it is included in the poisonous bait, but with the centipedes it does not work out that way, they are predators. In this case, the powder is scattered on the baseboards, under the bath, sink, in other places of insects. The centipede gets dirty in the powder, tries to clear itself and the acid gets into the digestive tract. If there are cockroaches in the house, we make bait: boric acid is mixed with boiled yolk, the resulting mass rolls into balls and unfolds around the house. A scolopendra or a flycatcher will eat a poisoned insect and go away by itself.
The second remedy is diatomaceous earth. The peculiarity of this drug is that it first destroys the external covers of the centipede, penetrates inside, causing disturbances in the functioning of the body, and then death. The same effect of the drug has on all insects, without exception. At the same time, diatomaceous earth is completely safe for humans and domestic animals.
Before you start fighting with the centipedes, you should remember that they help to clean the room from small insects that are also not desirable for us. This is especially true for owners of private houses, with a cellar and an old foundation, through which ants and other arthropods enter the room.
Preventing the appearance of centipedes
The main way to prevent the occurrence of these insects is to continuously monitor the condition of the dwelling and the order in it. Any cracks in the floor, furniture or walls need to be repaired on time, leaks from taps must be repaired. The rags and sponges by means of which the cleaning is carried out should be dried in a timely manner and stored in specially designated areas. The floor must be kept as clean as possible and free from small objects. It is better to take a rule: only the furniture stands directly on the floor, everything else is on it or on the shelves.
All about the treatment of folk remedies,
useful properties of plants,
recipes cooking tinctures.
Centipede is a representative of arthropods, belongs to the order of centipedes. Many are attributed to insects, but this is not so. The centipedes comprise about 12,000 species inhabited in all corners of the planet. But in Russia, the common flytrap is most common - a centipede ranging in size from 3 to 5 cm with many long thin limbs and the same long antennae on the head.
The flycatcher has a light brown color, small black stripes and specks on the body. Each limb is equipped with a sharp claw, which allows the centipede to move along vertical walls at a very high speed.
The name Centipede does not reflect the exact number of the creature's legs, but indicates a large number of them.
Causes of centipedes in the house
In the wild, these creatures prefer to live in wet places with an abundance of small insects - the main food of the centipedes. But where do the centipedes from the man’s houses come from: with the arrival of winter, flycatchers seek shelter from the cold and often end up in basements and warm homes of people. They are able to get to the high floors of apartment buildings through the gaps in the ceilings and ventilation shafts.
In the southern regions of Russia there are large relatives of the flycatcher - skolopendry. They are also harmless to humans, but meeting with them causes genuine fear.
Feeling a constant need for moisture, they prefer to live in bathrooms, under sinks, where various small insects often live: cockroaches, spiders, ants. Having a constant source of water and food, the home centipede can successfully multiply and live happily.
In order not to resort to the search for toxic substances and special preparations in stores, you can use the popular means of dealing with centipedes.
- The most common reason for the appearance of centipedes can be an abundance of moisture, which makes them comfortable and safe to live at home. In order to remove centipedes, it is necessary to wipe dry all wet places in an apartment or house, get rid of fungal formations on the walls, carry out regular cleaning, seal up all the gaps in the ceilings.
- To learn how to get rid of centipedes in a private house, just contact the older generation. All of them are sure to offer the right way - freezing the house. For many years, this method of pest control has been the most effective and safe. Households left to live with their neighbors for 2-3 days in the winter, and left their home without heating. During this time, all insects and pests died in it. In modern apartments, and in many private houses a central heating system is used, which does not allow the use of this method of dealing with centipedes.
- Boric acid - an inexpensive and easy-to-use drug helps to get rid of many insect species, also has a detrimental effect on arthropods. The white crystalline particles of the acid, when they come into contact with the pest or into the body, cause severe burning, which can lead to death.
Modern methods of dealing with flycatchers
If a centipede appeared in the house, it is likely that other insects also live in the dwelling. Therefore, it is necessary to poison the uninvited guests in a complex. But not all drugs are equally effective for many types of pests:
- Glue traps. Quite popular products in the fight against cockroaches and ants, but as a means of centipedes is not suitable. The flycatcher can stick with several limbs to the sticky layer, but without regret it will lose them and run on. And the damaged legs will grow back.
- Medilis Zipper. Toxic agent, the solution of which is sprayed with a spray in the habitat of the centipede. Disinsection should be carried out in a protective mask and gloves. The advantage of this drug is its safety in relation to pets.
- Global Original. Toxic paste is used to kill many types of pests. It has a faint unpleasant smell, which allows it to be used with care in an apartment where pets live. Paste is applied with a thin layer around the perimeter of the room and in places of frequent occurrence of arthropod.
- Clean house. Very popular drug in the form of an aerosol to combat many pests. It has a strong insecticidal action. One 600 ml bottle is enough for 2-3 treatment rooms up to 80 square meters. The tool is recommended for the destruction of the nest of the flycatcher.
- Raid. Known spray with a pleasant lavender scent. It has a long-lasting effect on pests and remains effective for several days. After processing, the room requires airing.
- Dichlorvos Neo. An improved version of a well-known drug. The composition of the aerosol is odorless, but has a fatal effect on centipedes. Within 2 weeks after treatment Dichlofos continues to act.
When using toxic drugs for centipedes, it is imperative to use protective equipment in the form of gloves and masks. Before you go back to the room, you need to air it.
To permanently get rid of centipedes, it is not enough to use chemical means or traps. If these creatures find an apartment attractive for life, they will definitely come back. After processing the premises with special preparations, it is necessary to carry out a series of actions to prevent the reappearance of centipedes:
- carry out regular cleaning of the house and ensure cleanliness in hard to reach places,
- exclude the appearance in the apartment of small insects that are food for centipedes,
- make redecoration in the apartment, close up the gaps behind the baseboards and under the flooring,
- check for moisture near the pipes, sinks, wipe them thoroughly,
- carry out periodic treatment of apartments with aerosols for prophylaxis.
Compliance with these basic rules will help to forget about the presence of such unpleasant creatures as centipedes.
Who are centipedes?
Centipedes are insects belonging to the type of tracheal arthropods that live on the planet for a long time and appeared on it even before animals. The main feature is the presence of the respiratory system, due to which representatives can live on land, but they still prefer a fairly humid environment.
There are different types of centipedes, but in apartments and houses most often there are so-called flycatchers, having a light or spotted brown color, long legs and a mustache. The body of an insect consists of segments and is flattened; on its sides are limbs, the number of which is from 15 pairs to 40!
Are centipedes dangerous?
Although the look of centipedes is extremely unpleasant and even frightening, they do not carry threats to health and, moreover, human life. They prefer to eat other smaller insects, such as spiders, cockroaches, and flies, but they can eat slugs and snails. Centipede overtakes the victim, injects neuroparalytic poison, and then begins to use prey.
Poison is not dangerous for humans, although if the centipede feels threatened, it may well bite. But the bite is comparable to a mosquito: it gives a little discomfort or slight pain, leaving a slight redness.
Why do insects appear in the house?
Any insects come where they feel comfortable and find sources of food. And the causes of invasions of centipedes are also associated with favorable conditions for their residence, which include:
- the presence of other insects that centipedes feed on (spiders, flies, bedbugs),
- increased air humidity
- permanent water sources: leaking faucet, condensate on baseboards, the frequent presence of drops on the floor, faulty plumbing communications,
- favorable temperatures - about 20-25 degrees,
- dim light or lack of it.
Uninvited guests get into the dwelling from the street or from the basements, often settling in bathrooms and kitchens, living in bedrooms and living rooms less often.
The centipede is an ancient and harmless animal
In fact, it is an animal, not an insect. Arthropod animal, which also has other names:
And she has 30 legs, in fact, they are all capable of fully regenerated with injury or loss. And also there is a respiratory organ.
Her body consists of segments that allow her to be brisk and dexterous. On the front limbs there are claws for gripping and holding prey, and on the remaining legs there are sharp spikes, with the help of which it easily moves along any surfaces. Clinging to the victim, the centipede bites it and injects a paralyzing poison, and then eats.
But meeting with a person for the latter does not represent a particular danger. Is that psychologically her frightening appearance is impressive. Scolopendras come in different sizes - from 2 to 15 cm, but large individuals can hardly be found in human habitats, except in the tropics, and in Russia there are no species larger than 5 cm.
Flycatchers are predators, and in nature their role is extremely important in maintaining the natural balance and balance of the number of organisms. The name of this animal speaks for itself - they catch flies, and also:
- cockroaches and worms,
- midges and moles,
- wood bugs, spiders,
- larvae of other insects.
Without centipedes, it would be more difficult for a human to fight with numerous pests of gardens, orchards, reserves. In total, there are several thousand species of flycatchers in nature, and they are the oldest inhabitants on Earth.
The flycatcher can bite a person by accident. Its poison is not fatal, but the bite can be noticeable depending on the sensitivity of the organism. The wound will turn red and may hurt. It is enough to treat the bite site with an antiseptic and not to comb it in case of an itch.
Where do centipedes live and why they appear in houses and apartments
Centipedes need warm, humid air and twilight. In nature, favorable places for them are:
- rotten stumps
- fallen leaves
- warehouses with boards,
In the same place females lay eggs. With the onset of cold weather, they choose secluded places where there is a natural source of heat, for example, a compost heap, and fall into anabiosis until spring. Centipedes live a long time under good circumstances: 4-7 years.
And in the apartment they will certainly occupy the bathroom and toilet - there, as a rule, it is humid, warm and almost always dark. It is especially interesting when a repair is made in the apartment, all the cracks are sealed up, which forms perfectly humid air.
Damp basements, porches, a wet foundation of a private house and an unsuccessful zone with no drafts are also a favorable environment for centipedes. But most importantly - centipedes live where there is food. This means that such conditions are suitable for many species of insects. Centipedes easily "pelenguyut" their antennae, they are able to notice the movement of other insects at a decent distance, and will certainly come to the hunt.
Thinking about the fight with centipedes, you need to consider only the scope of their housing. It is not necessary to carry out any activities to destroy them in the garden, garden or on the local area.
In general, even in the dwelling of the centipede, nothing is touched - neither the furniture, nor the animals, nor the plants. They will help to cope with other insects, and when they run out, the centipedes go away. Another thing is that the neighborhood with them is unpleasant for a person.
How to get rid of centipedes in your house
The answer is simple: using the fly swatter. But this is in the event that a stray representative of these animals accidentally ran into a house. And if they settled there as a family? For this there are a number of basic measures, chemicals and popular recipes.
- Care of basements, cellars, mines. There should be no leaking pipes, cluttered corners, especially with organic matter - boards, firewood, etc.
- Good ventilation of bathrooms. Especially after using them. Good plumbing.
- Cleanliness and order in the house as a whole: the absence of open products, spoiled products, open trash cans. All this attracts other insects.
- Sealing cracks in the rooms, mosquito nets on the windows.
Theoretically, the order in the house is enough to never learn about centipedes. Но если по какой-то причине не удается следовать рекомендациям, изложенным выше, придется действовать на поражение.
Химические средства против многоножек подойдут любые, доступные в супермаркете. Они бывают без запаха и с запахом, все одинаково работают на всех холоднокровных, и все требуют мер предосторожности.
Folk recipes against centipedes
All popular recipes are aimed at expelling these animals, and not at destruction. There are not so many of them in nature, therefore there is no point in destroying it in vain. But you can mark the borders of the inviolable territory.
This is curious!
Centipedes can run into residential homes to a person in whole families. But multiply in human conditions are unlikely to become and will be able to. Therefore, they lay eggs exclusively in natural conditions.
And this is even great, since there are many different ways of getting rid of centipedes, while not endangering either yourself or pets.
Below are the ways and means most popular in the fight with centipedes.
In the reach of the surrounding area sprinkle hot dry pepper where it was discovered the potential lair of the millipedes. They will not withstand such an attack and leave the territory voluntarily. For them, he and the smell produces a sharp, for which they can not sensitively catch prey, and he burns, if it falls on the body. Any living creatures on earth tend to leave a zone that has become unfavorable for living and reproduction.
This is an interesting way, which is possible only for private houses. This option was also used by our grandmothers, when they had to fight with the parasites that flooded the hut. The owners left the house for several days, and the parasites froze naturally. But in urban apartments in the winter it does not implement.
If in the winter, in a warm house, there was a flycatcher, then you can cover it with a can and catch it. Leave until spring, and then release. And in the winter on the street she will die, especially if frosty nights were established.
It is useless to put traps - if a sticky trap, then this animal will simply tear off the attached parts of the legs and run away. And the new legs will grow.
Signs associated with centipedes
In the old days, people respected living creatures more than they did today. And this is justified: man is closely connected with nature, and depends on its well-being. So, the centipedes were never destroyed, but on the contrary, they observed good changes after meeting them in their home.
- If the found centipede is taken out onto the street, then the others will not have to be expelled - they will leave.
- If you meet a centipede on the street during the day, then get ready for a shower. Apparently, this omen is somehow connected with a certain migration of centipedes to secluded places, due to the premonition of bad weather.
- If a centipede appeared in the house where the child was born, then he should be a runner or an athlete.
- If you saw a centipede at home, then it is to the messenger with good news. Good news should be expected.
Thus, the neighborhood with such a living creature does not deliver any pleasure, but it does not carry danger either. But the right attitude to your life, nature and yourself in general will be the guarantor of harmony in nature. And that means - and health benefits to man!
How to get rid of centipedes in a private house with the help of traps
Often people who are “lucky” with their neighbors in the form of centipedes are recommended to set traps against centipedes. This is not the most effective method. Thus, adhesive tapes installed in places of their frequent accumulation can only delay animal for a short time and, maximum, deprive it of several paws. But the legs grow back and the centipede continues to hunt on your territory. Therefore, traps are considered the least effective against centipedes.
Of course, you can catch them "on live bait" - by placing on the tape already caught flies. But, most likely, the shaggy “monster” will eat and quietly leave the trap, without hitting it.
How to get centipedes out of the house by mechanical means
The main advantage of centipedes is that they do not breed in the house and do not “wander” into private houses in colonies. Centipedes, for the most part, lone hunters. The easiest way from time to time to arrange a night hunt, armed with a sneaker, fly swatter or vacuum cleaner. If you do not want to kill an insect - it can be caught in a jar and thrown into the street.
Important! Any mechanical method of dealing with centipedes will require you considerable speed and skill, as well as strong nerves. A seemingly disgusting creature is also very frisky - it is unlikely to kill or catch him from the first time.
In addition to catching insects, measures must be taken to ensure that they no longer return:
- First of all, remove favorable conditions for the spread of insects near the house. It is no secret that centipedes need moisture and insects as food. And if a woodpile with damp wood is installed near your house, compost, a ditch with water - you can be sure that the insects adjacent to you are in the yard, and they will surely make their way into the dwelling. To minimize the risk of centipedes in the house, increase the distance between the organic clusters and the structure itself. Transfer the compost to the far end of your plot, move the woodpile away and try to dry it as much as possible. If there is an outdoor toilet - try to fill it with ashes or sawdust as often as possible.
- Secondly, clean up the house. Crumbs, debris, dust, humidity - these are favorable conditions for the appearance of cockroaches and flies, and therefore centipedes. Do not forget to wash and drain the basements, storerooms and other utility areas.
- Thirdly, get rid of any holes and crevices in your home. Seal the space between the pipes and walls, caulk the window slits, walk the sealant on the foundation and the outer walls of the house. Do not forget about baseboards and thresholds, boiler room, basement, veranda or terrace. If there is a special hole for animals, place a movable net on it, which the cat or dog will move its head, and which will return to its original position, tightly closing the passage for a different living creature.
- Fourth, install protective nets on the sewer inlets, ventilation and windows. Treat the mesh with boric acid or other insect repellent. Pour repellent powder, boric acid or insecticide into the pipes at night. Cover sinks, baths and showers with special stoppers that will not allow centipedes to crawl out of the pipes.
- Fifth, if you have a wooden floor - treat it with parquet mastic. This will surely save you from individuals living in the floor - centipedes hate mastic.
What does a centipede look like, does it bite, is it dangerous or not?
The centipede is actually not 40 feet, but only 30. And it is not an insect, as we used to think, but refers to the genus of arthropod animals.
The adult centipede has a segmented body measuring 3-6 cm, covered with chitin, and 15 legs from one and the other side of the body. The little centipede has fewer legs (only 4 pairs).
In an adult individual, they grow as they grow older. The first pair of legs is jaw-shaped to capture prey. The last pair of legs is longer than the body itself in order to run fast. Flycatchers live 3-7 years.
The flycatcher is a predator. She catches and eats:
- A flea
For humans, the flycatcher is not dangerous. When meeting people, she does not attack, but quickly hides in the gap. She can bite only when she is in danger. Her poison is weak, there may be a slight redness at the site of the bite.
If you are still bitten by a flytrap you need:
- Treat the wound with hydrogen peroxide or alcohol infusion.
- For pain, apply a cold compress.
- There are rare cases of allergy to the centipede, then take antiallergic and painkiller drugs.
What do they eat and what do they eat in the house?
Centipedes live in temperate climates. In the natural environment looking for wet places under the stones, plants. For breeding, the female flytrap lays fertilized eggs (60-130 pieces) in moist soil.
In the house or apartment, centipedes live in wet basements, toilets and bathrooms. They feed on insects, hunt them, especially at night.
The flycatcher feels his prey by smell and vibration while moving, rushes at it with lightning speed, injects poison, which paralyzes the victim, and eats it. If you have a lot of “living creatures”, the centipede will cope with it over time - she has a good appetite.
The food stored by the person, books, flowers of a flycatcher do not touch, do not hunt pets.
Why they can not be killed: folk signs
Folk omens arose as a result of observations of various incidents from the lives of people over the centuries.
If you believe the signs:
- The appearance of a centipede in the house foreshadows some kind of message or letter.
- To see a running centipede in the afternoon - to be heavy rain.
- If there is a lot of centipedes in the house, you can’t kill them, but you need to catch one centipede and throw it out, the rest will run away.
Structure and development cycle
The body of the centipede consists of the head and the segmented body. On each side of each segment are paired legs. The body is capable of regeneration. Anteriorly located antennae, which help centipedes orient themselves in space, and powerful jaws, equipped with poison.
They have faceted eyes, which are well seen in the dark and in the light. Using a special method of movement, capable of speeds up to 40 cm / sec.
A centipede is a predator that preys on cockroaches, flies, slugs, fleas and other small creatures. When bite, the centipede releases a nerve agent and subsequently eats the immobilized victim. In search of easy prey, they get into houses and apartments.
The breeding process is as follows. Male lures female highlighting sperm. She lays eggs in this substance. After that, it rolls up into a ball around the clutch for protection and protection. During this period, the female does not eat anything.
From eggs appear cubs with 4 paws. The number of legs and segments increases after several molts. Some young species emerge from the egg already looking like adults with all pairs of paws. Lifespan 3-5 years.
The class of centipedes has more than 1000 species. Homes penetrate most often:
- flycatchers. Have a light color with dark spots. The body hangs over the surface on thin curved legs. Body length is 3-5 cm.
- black centipedes or skolopendra. A long black shiny body looks like a worm, along which there are small legs. Length ranges from 5 to 10 cm.
These are guests rather than permanent inhabitants of a human home. Centipedes are erroneously called white wood lice and gray silverfish.
Measures to deal with them are similar, because they also prefer moist warm places in the apartment. No harm to, in addition to discomfort, do not cause.
Watch the video in which it will be told where the centipedes in the house come from, how they appear, and whether they are dangerous to humans.
Mechanical control and prevention measures
How to get rid of centipedes in a private house and apartment? The following methods are safe and give noticeable results.
- Airing the premises.
- Decreased humidity.
- The destruction of other insects as a food source.
- Repair current taps.
- Analysis of debris.
- Seal cracks, cracks and holes.
- Installing mosquito nets on windows and vents.
- Capture and removal from home. At the first appearance, this method is the most effective.
The same list can be called the prevention of the appearance of unpleasant guests. These measures create unfavorable conditions for the life, nutrition and reproduction of centipedes.
Some sources recommend to decompose sticky traps. They are ineffective, torn off legs are restored after a while.
How to get a centipede out of the house forever? Using chemical drugs in the fight against the centipede, their high adaptability should be considered. Any treatment must be repeated 1-2 times every 2 weeks.
Find special tools from the flycatchers will not work. Here any aerosols intended for combating domestic insects will be used, such as:
Among the popular methods can be distinguished aerosols containing pyrethrin, surface treatment with boric acid and diatomaceous powder. When resorting to insecticides should be aware of safety precautions, use gloves, respirators. The clothes in which the treatment was carried out immediately washed separately from other things.
Traps and baits that eliminate other insects here are not effective. The centipedes are predators and are not attracted by smells luring other insects.
The fight against uninvited guests of the house should be transferred to the street. Insecticide treatment areas in a radius of 1.5 meters will be enough to protect the house. On the backyard area, flytraps and skolopendry serve as garden attendants, destroying insects, slugs and other pests.
Summon Pest Control
Opening the summer season, the owners find a large number of unpleasant insects that have hibernated in homes, hiding from the cold. In this case, simple methods of struggle may not work. Health workers will help solve this problem.
Professionals will determine the type of centipedes and foci of spread. Specialized equipment will allow to get rid of centipedes for how many hours. Most professional tools, while adhering to the recommendations of health service specialists, will not harm people and pets.
After treatment with professional chemicals, the surfaces in the rooms are washed with soap and soda solution.
Centipedes living in our latitudes are harmless to people and animals. However, their presence in the home few people will like. Keeping the house and apartment clean, dry and in order is the best way to avoid an unpleasant neighborhood.
The flycatcher ordinary, it is a centipede, skolopendra or centipede, an unwelcome guest in the apartment. An adult reaches a size of 3 to 5 cm, has a thin brownish torso, antennae and 15 pairs of slender legs.
Along the body and legs are black stripes. The representative of arthropods is a predator, usually feeding on insects, such as cockroaches, flies and mosquitoes.
Lifestyles and habitats
Insects are very active day and night. They are brisk, move quickly, the average speed of the flycatcher is 35-40 cm / sec.
During the movement, the centipede lifts the thin body and rapidly moves forward. The flycatcher stops suddenly, freezes, then quickly disappears in its shelter. The centipedes are killed by their venom, which is injected into the victim's body. Affected prey is eaten by a “hunter”.
Centipede in the apartment
Common flycatchers are considered useful insects, they are able to spend their entire lives in the house. However, man does not like this neighborhood, moreover, centipedes sometimes bite people.
The site of the lesion is slightly inflamed and causes pain, but such an injury does not bring serious harm. A similar situation occurs infrequently: flycatchers can bite people or animals only at the moment of protection.
Centipedes belong to tracheal arthropods, they are endowed with a respiratory system. Therefore, the scolopendras live peacefully on land, but the humid environment of existence is important for them. It is possible to find a fast flycatcher not only in a private house - they are populated in any industrial and residential premises.
A centipede in an apartment appears at a time when an optimal habitat is formed for it. These conditions include:
The cold period domestic flycatchers sit in secluded places, with the arrival of spring their life becomes active.
Not everyone agrees to accept the fact that a centipede in an apartment is useful. It does not harm people, does not spoil the furniture and plants. But the unpleasant, repulsive type of insect causes unkind sensations.
Effective struggle for breeding
Not all conventional insect control methods are effective against centipedes. It is necessary to get rid of scolopendra correctly, first of all it is important to create such conditions that the insect does not tolerate them. Do not fit to get rid of the millipede homemade adhesive tapes.
Various lures may not be interested in the centipede at all, as it feeds on moths, flies, spiders and other insects. So how to get rid of centipedes in the house?
Effective, but simple methods will do. Near your own home should be removed fallen leaves, building material, mowed grass and other objects that can become a shelter for centipedes.
Many centipedes do not dwell in an apartment or house, usually 1 or 2 individuals live. Thus, killing or catching insects, you can forget about their existence. If this option is not suitable for someone, then there are other tricks on how to get rid of the centipede in an apartment or in your own house.
You can deprive the home hunter of food, catching all the flies, pickle cockroaches, eliminate the mole from the house, etc. When all household insects are removed from the room, the centipede will also disappear, as it has nothing to eat.
Given the fact that skolopendra does not tolerate dry places, it is easy to carry out general cleaning in the basement, bathroom, storage room.
We'll have to clean and ventilate the apartment well: this event will disturb the natural habitat of the flycatcher. Currently, you can control the humidity in the house with the help of special tools, they are sold in stores.
A mechanical way to get rid of the flycatchers can be useful. Для этого стоит герметично заделать трещины вдоль дверей и окон, зашпаклевать щели у плинтуса, закрыть вентиляционные люки специальными сетками.
Обрабатывая дом или квартиру химическим средством, важно соблюдать меры предосторожности и предварительно знакомиться с инструкцией по использованию.
Do not allow high humidity in the apartment
Gubonogie multiply rapidly, grow and, if the apartment has high humidity, develop well. Deprive them of this environment.
- Ensure regular airing of the house. If necessary, install air dryers or additional ventilation heat devices.
- Make sure that the bathrooms do not leak pipes, do not form condensation.
- Do not allow excessive watering of indoor plants and stagnation of water in pallets.
- Do not put undressed laundry in cabinets.
- Cabinets with washed dishes should not be a place with an excess of moisture.
- In a private house do not allow moisture in the basement.
Deprive your food home centipedes. Centipedes hunt for food at night: cockroaches, bedbugs, mosquitoes, beetles, fleas and flies. Therefore, first of all, it is necessary to get rid of harmful insects. Having lost food, centipedes in the apartment will not remain and disappear themselves.
In some cases, the use of sticky traps is effective. They are laid out at night in places where the centipedes are supposed to accumulate and move.
The entire home area should be monitored. In a private house, these are basements, utility rooms, folded building materials, compost, etc. Centipedes multiply very quickly and can return to the living room.
Artificial and natural insecticides
Among the complex methods of getting rid of insects can be applied pesticides. Do not forget to follow the recommendations for personal protection. Wear goggles, gloves, a mask or a respirator.
Many are interested in how to get rid of centipedes with natural insecticides. Experienced housewives successfully practice natural substances such as boric acid and diatom powder in the fight against harmful insects. Apply also products with vegetable pyrethrin in the form of an aerosol.
Means are absolutely safe for humans and animals (but not for fish), traces of processing on furniture and clothing do not remain.
Centipedes harm the person does not cause, on the contrary, eat cockroaches, fleas, bedbugs, but cause a feeling of shudder from a very unpleasant appearance.
Use the tips and get rid of all harmful insects in the apartment, including centipedes.
How can I get rid of centipedes in a private house or apartment?
Every person at least once met in a private house or centipedes in his own apartment. Basically, they appear at night, so as not to come across to man. They do not pose a danger to people, but they look rather unpleasant.
Centipede (or centipede and flycatcher) belongs to the class of sandleg. On the elongated body of an adult individual, 15 pairs of limbs can be found, and the length is about 3 cm. Small hairs are located over the entire surface of the body.
Flycatchers run fast, and it is more often possible to meet such an insect in a wet room: a toilet, a basement, and a bathroom. Once this has happened, the necessary measures should be taken to get rid of the invasion of the centipedes.
Where do they come from?
The causes of centipedes are quite commonplace. In nature, these insects give their preference to wet, previously fallen leaves from trees. If a house or an apartment is located near, where there are warm, but rather humid places, the flycatchers will definitely be there.
They crawl into the room in order to find food for themselves, and having reached the desired and realizing that there are optimal conditions for their life, the centipede remains.
With the arrival of spring, they wake up and become very active. But if the insects suddenly feel a draft again, a sharp drop in temperature or a possible danger, then they will hide again.
Every hostess can get rid of centipedes independently. For this purpose, all sorts of chemicals that are specifically designed to control pests are used. But before you begin to use them, you must carefully read the instructions, so as not to harm yourself.
The most popular tools in the fight against centipedes are:
Quite small particles of dust for any person seem soft, but for centipedes are presented in the form of grains with sharp edges. They can easily eat them, inhale them or just walk on them. The drug will cause serious injury, and will gradually begin to dehydrate the body of insects.
Manufacturers claim that the tool can destroy centipedes 48 hours after their close contact. The drug can be poured into each crack or cleft. He will not harm people and animals.
Ortho 0196710 Home Defense MAX Insect Killer Spray for Indoor and Home Perimeter. The main component of the drug is bifenthrin. Scientists claim that this substance is able to quickly destroy any arthropod, and after - for a few more months, to work as a repellent.
It is recommended to use chemicals only if popular methods for getting rid of insects have not brought the slightest result. Do not forget that chemicals can be dangerous for children.
It is recommended when working with such drugs to send all households out of the room. Food and drugs should be packed, and before carrying out the procedure, wear gloves, goggles and a protective mask so as not to breathe the toxins contained in the chemical agent.
You can use a respirator and a special protective suit. After work, after a few hours it is recommended to ventilate the room and carry out a thorough wet cleaning.
In addition to chemicals, you can get rid of annoying insects forever using folk remedies. Many people who live in private houses or apartments have pets or small children. For this reason, baiting centipedes with chemical preparations carries a certain risk to their health.
To get rid of annoying insects, you can use:
- boric acid
- red hot pepper,
- diatom powder,
- custom made traps
- by drying the room
- sealing plumbing.
Boric acid allows you to quickly and effectively cope with many types of insects at home. As for the centipedes, it also has an active influence on them.
But the tool is able to cope with centipedes only in those places where they live, or where they come from. In case of their occurrence in the ventilation or drains in these places, it is necessary to pour poison in order for the insect to crawl along it.
It will be effective to process with boric acid the maximum area of an apartment or house. For an adult, child or animal remedy does not pose any danger.
The centipedes give preference to a wet habitat, so it’s very difficult to meet insects in a dry climate room. If, in the house or apartment, these pests still start, then you should try to minimize the humidity as much as possible. It is easy to do.
First of all, you must carefully check all plumbing devices. Find out if there is the slightest smudges, stagnation or serious pollution. If any were found, then it is necessary to carry out certain repairs. After that, you should make sure that the taps and pipes in the room no longer let water through.
Ventilate the room as often as possible. This is especially true of the bathroom. It is recommended to install a hood here and leave the door open for as long as possible so that air circulation is organized.
Carefully inspect the home and make sure that there is not the slightest place where mold could accumulate. Special attention should be paid to the floor and the cracks in the walls. Mold attracts flytraps to the living space.
Often, people faced with the appearance of centipedes in the house, recommend the use of various traps. This method is not the most common and effective.
Adhesive tapes of this format can only stop an insect for some time and deprive it of several pairs of paws, which is not fatal for centipedes. The thing is that the legs will grow back, and the insect will continue to multiply.
To get rid of the flycatchers can be using red pepper. It must be used in powder form. The substance is scattered in places where the insect appears. In order to poison the centipede with hot pepper, the latter should at least run over it, and it is better if it consumes it.
The reasons for the appearance in the house
The name "centipede" is misleading, in different arthropods there are from 15 to 177 pairs of legs. The body is elongated, flat, consists of segments, each contains a pair of legs.
Flycatchers are carnivores, prefer to hunt worms, spiders and small vertebrates at night. Understand why in the house centipedes helps knowledge of their behavior and habits.
Adult centipedes hide in moist, dark and secluded places. To notice them during the day, crawling on the walls, rarely happens. To find their location in the house inspect the basement, closet, all rooms in which an increased level of humidity.
It is here that they feel at ease and find food for food. Although the flycatcher is carnivorous, it does not scour decaying plants, wood and paper.
They can stay for a long time in a person’s dwelling without giving themselves away, subject to the presence of heat, moisture and feed. Life expectancy is 6 years, for arthropods it is quite a lot.
What is bad and dangerous than the flycatcher?
It cannot be said that the flycatcher causes great harm to the inhabitants of the house. Worry is not in search of an answer to the question: what is dangerous centipedes, and for what reason they have chosen your home. There are several options:
- Sanitary conditions in the house are not maintained at the proper level. Moisture occurs due to leakage of pipes, cracks in the walls, the destruction of the foundation.
- Leaky roofing can also cause arthropods.
- Of course, you can rest on the fact that there are many potted plants in the apartment, because of this heightened moisture, but this is an unlikely reason for the appearance of the flycatcher.
- Feed. If there is a lot of it and it is permanent, then there is no better living environment for the centipede. Its appearance in the apartment may well indicate an infection with parasites: ants, cockroaches, bedbugs, etc. It is necessary to begin the fight against the flycatcher simultaneously with the disinsection of the premises.
- Garbage and trash serves as a shelter not only for flycatchers, with a high probability there are cockroaches, bugs, and mice are no exception.
Do not be afraid, the flycatcher bites, but it does not hurt. Although it may appear swelling, redness and numbness in very sensitive people. It is necessary to be afraid of another that:
- will break the pipe
- flood the shelter in the rain,
- moisture in the basement will cause mold, mildew and musty odor,
- Cockroaches will "populate" your home and will carry a potential health hazard.
How to get out of the apartment
It is possible that the flycatcher lives in your apartment, but more often it is a “visiting guest”. It penetrates into the housing through ventilation shafts, poorly sealed seams.
Of particular horror is the black centipede, which is painful to bite and cause a severe allergic reaction in the house on the skin. To exclude uninvited guests from entering the apartment, inspect the bathroom, loggia, kitchen.
First of all, it is necessary to eliminate the cause of dampness, which provides favorable conditions for centipedes. Vents are covered with mesh material to block access to the inside of the apartment. Cracks in the walls and floor should be repaired.
How to get rid of the insect in a private house
Compared to a high-rise apartment, removing a centipede from a private building is more difficult. It is necessary to begin the search for infected sites from the basement. Attic survey with no less enthusiasm. Eliminate the cause of dampness to deprive the centipedes of living conditions.
Inside the house, inspect the floor, baseboards, corners and walls. Particular attention is paid to extensions and dark closets. In case of detection of moisture eliminate the cause of its occurrence. Disassemble the cluttered rooms, ventilate the house.
Funds from centipedes. Review and Analysis
After preparation of the premises and thorough cleaning, they proceed to the treatment with chemical agents. How to permanently get rid of centipedes, so that they do not return, directly depends on the owners of the house and effective means for disinsection.
Powder preparations. Insecticidal agent contains an active toxin that penetrates the body of an insect or arthropod, blocks the transmission of nerve impulses. Powder treated surface, where flycatchers and other pests were observed.
Aerosols and sprays. Popular means for the destruction of domestic parasites. It is easy to apply, and the result shows quick. The composition of the poison from the group of pesticides, which paralyzes the activity of internal organs.
An effective remedy is usually treated once. Re-spray after a few days as a preventive measure. Safe for humans and pets.
Disadvantages: after treatment, everyone should leave the room for at least 2 hours. Aerosols supply perfume fragrance, for some time the smell of lilac or lemon will remain in the apartment.
Disadvantages: the gel dries out and eventually turns yellow.
The treatment against the flycatcher is rather directed against its “feed”. The death of domestic parasites will lead to the fact that the centipede will lose nutrition. Do you think she will stay in your apartment?
Who are they and what is their uniqueness
All insects living in the house eat food, waste or the blood of the hosts and their animals. The house centipede is a predator that preys on these small parasites. Therefore, lovers of insects consider it useful and compared with the cat, catching mice and rats. The diet of the centipede includes:
- bed bugs
Consciousness of its usefulness does not diminish a person’s desire to decide how to get rid of centipedes in a house.
The centipede is very different from domestic insects. She lived on Earth, not only before the appearance of man, but even those primates who turned into people over time. The life of the centipede, according to scientists, is up to 7 years.
Home centipede from squad skolopendr. Her relatives in the southern regions are poisonous and much larger. In our area of the garden, you can find a Scolopendra with a long black body and a large number of short, bristle-like legs.
Its poison is similar to that contained in the tail of a scorpion. Home centipede can not bite through the skin of an adult, only thin in places bending and nursery.
Entomologists call the predatory scutiger arthropod, in the people - the flycatcher. The centipede runs at a speed of 40 cm / sec. The farther from the head, the longer the legs, so it does not confuse them when running. By the number of limbs, you can determine the age of the flycatcher.
The young individuals have only 8 - 4 pairs. With each molt, they become 2 more. An adult has 30 pieces. Paws, if necessary, discarded, in their place grow new ones. The length of the body reaches 6 cm, but thanks to the long paws the flycatchers look terrifying.
The uniqueness of the centipede and the ability to catch several victims at once, holding them with their paws. Scolopendra are exclusively nocturnal. When meeting with a man trying to escape. Bite can only be protected.
If the centipede is still bitten, it is necessary to wash the wound with iodine, vodka or other disinfectant. Then attach the ice. Allergy sufferers should take the medicine right away. The bite will hurt and itch until 48 hours.
Why did the flycatchers appear in the house
Despite all the usefulness and safety of home scolopendr, their terrible look scares and causes only one desire, how to get rid of centipedes. First you need to determine why they appeared in the house, what attracts them.
- The presence in the apartment of food in the form of flies, cockroaches and other insects.
- Water, dampness.
- The presence of secluded places where you can hide.
Most often in the apartment centipedes appear in the bathrooms. They have enough leaking pipes, constantly bottled water when washing and taking a shower, wet towels.
In a private house and on the first floors of state-owned houses, centipedes resort from raw cellars. In the presence of indoor plants, centipedes are populated in flower pots.
In a private house, centipedes can live on the street, in the fallen leaves, under garden paths. The basement, utility rooms in the basement level, the space under the floor is damp and warm is perfect for them. Flycatchers do not feed on plants if there are enough insects. But when there are a lot of them in a flowerpot, the green friend may disappear.
How to get rid of insects
Remove uninvited guests from the apartment can only be rid of their water and food.
- Eliminate all water leaks, check the pipes and outflows.
- Dry the floor in the bathroom and kitchen.
- To establish ventilation, dry all rooms.
- Regularly air the apartment.
- Dry towels after use.
- Only well-dried things should be put in the closet; it is better to iron them.
- Clean food in airtight containers. Time to take out the trash. There will be no flies and cockroaches, the centipede will have nothing to eat.
- Проверить землю в горшках и если там есть насекомые, пересадить растения в чистый обработанный грунт. Не заливать растения водой.
- Выливать воду с поддонов холодильника и моющего оборудования.
- Мыть и убирать посуду.
When water is not in other places, the centipede can climb into the drain hole of the sink and bath. You can pour boiling water into the sink in the morning. Be sure to do the general cleaning.
In a private house and on the ground floor above the basement, seal up all the cracks in the baseboards, floor, window frames. Stick the seals on the door so that there are no gaps. Put mosquito nets on the windows.
We derive centipedes
Cutting the centipede path of entry into the house, we must withdraw those who already live. You can apply ready-made tools.
Funds from centipedes
Centipedes can be poisoned by any means of flies. The degree of danger of the drug and the safety measures for each product are indicated on the package. At the time of processing and until the room is fully ventilated, it is necessary for all family members, including animals, to leave the apartment. Fish and other residents of terrariums cover and turn off the air filter.
Akvafumigator Raptor is very toxic. He kills all insects and rodents. Steam penetrates all crevices. When working with him, you should put a bath in gloves and a mask and leave everyone out of the house. Then in the mask to one person, go in and open the windows, turn on the ventilation. You can return to the house after 2 hours, after the start of airing.
Reid's aerosol is considered non-toxic to humans, but no one should be in the apartment at the time of treatment.
Means Avalon is used by professional desinsectors. It is effective, removes the flycatcher and many other insects for a long time. But to use it, you must have special equipment.
The flycatcher can be derived by drawing once a week along the baseboards continuous lines of small mashinka.
From folk remedies you can apply:
- boric acid,
- red pepper,
- diatomaceous powder.
All substances are simply poured onto the floor at the appearance of centipedes. To wet and dilute with water is not necessary.
You can decompose sticky tape from flies. But the effect of it is weak. The centipede throws off the sticking legs, and runs off on the rest. Completely sticks rarely.
If you create conditions in the room that are unsuitable for living and breeding centipedes, they will leave the house and begin to search for other habitats.
- Ventilate the room regularly and lower the humidity in it, for example, using an air conditioner or heating appliance. You can also purchase a specialized air dryer.
- Assess the plumbing serviceability and fix all the damage so that the pipes and taps do not leak.
- After wet cleaning, dry floors and other surfaces.
- In a private house you should dismantle the basement: remove all trash from it, clean the space and remove excess moisture.
- Seal the cracks, if any, so that the centipedes do not have the opportunity to enter the housing from the outside.
- In order to avoid condensate accumulation, consider waterproofing walls and floors.
Consider homemade ways to deal with centipedes:
- Boric acid. If there are no other insects with which the centipede can eat, then a means can be added to any food: the insects will eat it and die. But if food is available, the acid should be sprayed regularly in places of frequent residence.
- Pour borax powder along the baseboards and in the corners. You can also add it to any bait made from porridge, dough.
- Scare away ground pepper can scare away centipedes. Pour it in places where insects are accumulating or moving. The product has a strong odor and can cause burning sensation when it gets into the respiratory tract of centipedes. If the fight is carried out regularly, soon the pests will leave the house.
- Diatom powder or diatomaceous earth. This mountainous sedimentary rock, used in micronized or crushed form, crumbles in the corners and around the entire perimeter of the bathroom or kitchen. Getting on the shell of the insect, the powder quickly absorbs moisture from it, causing dehydration and further death.
Note! Glue traps in the case of centipedes work poorly. They will probably delay insects, but not for long. Maximum damage - a few torn off legs, which later will grow safely.
Who are the centipedes
It is the appearance of the centipedes that makes people take emergency measures to destroy them. At the same time, not everyone knows that the centipede is not dangerous for humans and domestic animals. It benefits by eating harmful insects, which include:
The scientific name is the common flycatcher, a centipede for its ability to kill other small insects.
In the natural habitat of the flycatcher live in the fallen leaves under the trees. Insects like warmth and lack of drafts, so they wait out the winter in secluded places. In houses and apartments flytraps prefer rooms with a high level of humidity: bathrooms and toilet rooms, as well as in the basement.
The centipedes are not aggressive, but can bite a person in self defense. They are barely able to bite through the skin. The poison at the centipede is weak, the bite site does not hurt much. Allergy sufferers should avoid unpleasant encounters with insects. After the bite of the flycatcher, difficulty in breathing, increased heart rate, and swelling of the throat may occur.
The causes of the appearance of flycatchers in the house
In city apartments the flytrap or centipede often becomes an uninvited guest. Human habitation attracts these creatures with suitable habitats, food, warmth, necessary moisture levels and a large number of secluded corners suitable for breeding.
Centipedes do not spoil furniture, wallpaper, plumbing
The flycatcher lays about 60 eggs. To the offspring do not overwhelm the house, people rush to bring an uninvited guest. Most often, the flycatcher enters the apartment from the street, lower basement and basement floors, or descends from the attic. Favorite places of arthropods in a private house or apartment are numerous crevices in the floor and spaces under the baseboards.
Centipede - friend or dangerous enemy for humans and pets
As already mentioned, the centipede is not dangerous for humans. It does not tolerate any dangerous diseases, does not attack people and domestic animals, does not damage food products and property. The only thing that this arthropod is capable of is to cause a strong fright of the household with its appearance.
Means and ways to get rid of centipedes in the apartment
Wanting to get rid of arthropods in a private house or apartment, reduce the level of humidity in the premises, do a general cleaning using chlorine-containing agents.
Starting the fight against centipedes, remember: they do not live in dry rooms and eat a lot of insects
Given the characteristics of insects, as well as the propensity to maintain the lifestyle of a loner, mechanical impact is considered an effective method of destruction. After waiting for the night and armed with a fly swatter, try to destroy the centipedes independently. In this case, you need a good skill, because the centipedes move very quickly.
Armed with a fly swatter or a vacuum cleaner, you can destroy a number of centipedes in your home.
The question is, will the neighbors of the apartment building approve your insect chase?
Danger lurking in the cracks
Care should be taken to exclude the possibility of centipedes entering the apartment from the outside. For this you need:
- carefully seal the gaps in the walls,
- remove gaps around sewer pipes and water risers,
- install reliable ventilation grilles,
- equip windows with mosquito nets.
These actions will avoid the reappearance of uninvited guests. Polyurethane foam and silicone can be excellent assistants in the processing of baseboards, crevices and gaps.
Sealants will allow to get rid of any cracks in the house and apartment
Mastic for wooden floors
If in a private house or apartment parquet wood floor, it is enough to treat it with mastic. The smell will make the centipedes quickly leave the shelter.
The smell of mastic will scare away the flycatchers, who prefer to live in the cracks
This granular substance, which has neuropairing properties, is sold at any pharmacy, and then dispersed in places of the most frequent occurrence of arthropods. Once in the body of the insect, the powder poisons it, allowing you to reduce the number of individuals in the apartment.
Boric acid powder
Boric acid can also be used as a solution. It is applied to the surface of walls, floors and baseboards with a sprayer.
Boric acid is safe for people and pets, but it is still acid, which means you should be careful when working with it.
Hot red pepper
A good effect of scare centipedes has cayenne hot pepper. It is enough to fill it in those places from where insects appear most often.
Pepper forever expel centipedes
Important! Pour only in places inaccessible for children and pets!
Pyrethrum powder made from chamomile inflorescences has a good effect of protecting the premises from the penetration of centipedes.
Universal remedy against domestic insects
Effective and safe for humans and pets, the powder is able to reduce the number of flycatchers in the house. Apply it as well as boric acid - scattered in places of accumulation. Due to its structure, this substance literally pierces the body of an insect, and it dies.
Diatomaceous earth consists of shells of unicellular organisms, and remnants of siliceous diatoms, used in cosmetology.
Diatom powder is effective against insects and safe for humans and animals.
Sticky traps are useless
Do not use sticky traps in the fight against centipedes. Getting into them, the insect will only lose a few legs, which eventually grow back.
Centipede sticky traps are not terrible
Industrial funds come to grips
If you can’t get rid of uninvited guests by other means, you will have to resort to the help of industrial means. Multipurpose drugs designed to combat crawling insects belong to different hazard classes. This should be considered when purchasing.
- Hazard Class 1 includes extremely hazardous substances used exclusively in storage facilities. People are allowed into the treated premises only after they have been thoroughly aired.
- Hazard Class 2 includes highly hazardous substances based on Fenthion. Preparations are prohibited for the processing of any food and feed crops.
- Hazard Class 3 refers to moderately hazardous substances, including: Pyrethrins and FOS. They have a low level of toxicity, but are dangerous for reptiles, amphibians and fish. Many insects have developed resistance to drugs of this group, but for humans they remain toxic and carcinogenic.
- Hazard Class 4 includes low-hazard, low-toxic substances related to biological and chemical agents, which are naturally destroyed during the week.
Use of insecticidal aerosols is effective:
- Combat (hazard class 3),
- Raid (hazard class 3),
- Raptor (hazard class 3),
- Moskitol (hazard class 4).
The validity of such aerosols is quite long.
Before using the spray carefully read the instructions. Secure yourself with a mask and gloves. After processing, go into the room only a few hours after airing.
Chemical insecticidal powders are free from arthropods:
- Insect dust "Clean House" (hazard class 3-4)
- Phenaxine (hazard class 3).
These drugs are among the fast-acting. However, it may be necessary to re-process the room.
Effective enough against Dust centipedes
Crayons and gels are used inas barrier means. Do not allow centipedes to penetrate the house. They belong to the 4th class of danger. Remain effective for 4-6 weeks.
Chalks and gels are effective as barrier agents.
Ultrasonic pest repellers do not work.
If they did not manage on their own
Contact specialized companies. Thanks to the technical equipment and the availability of special preparations, specialists are able to qualitatively process the premises, having saved the house or apartment for a long time from annoying insects.
Professional processing will clean the house of insects for a long time
Rating of drugs according to Internet users
According to the opinion of people who are faced with the problem of the appearance of centipedes in an apartment and their destruction, the following should be considered effective:
- Varan dichlorvos, which is a new generation drug that does not have a strong odor, is completely safe for people and domestic animals.
Varan dichlorvos - a new generation drug
The name of the drug - GET, any other spelling indicates a fake
3. "Karbofos" - a universal remedy for combating "domestic" insects, characterized by a long duration. It has a strong odor and a high level of toxicity. After processing the premises with the preparation, after 2 days it is necessary to carry out wet cleaning.
Use Karbofos ", according to the instructions
Liquid Pyrethrin is very dangerous for children and pets.
Preventing the reappearance of centipedes in the apartment
Using the methods and tools listed in the article, you will emerge the winner in the fight against home centipedes. When buying and using drugs, read the instructions. Keep housing clean, do not allow high humidity, seal cracks, and centipedes (even if they are safe for the house and the person) do not like your property.