Term "scrapbooking"Or, as it is also called, "scrapbooking" comes from the English scrap - clipping and book - book, i.e. literally it can be translated as "scrapbook".
Scrapbooking is a kind of handmade art, in which anyone makes and makes out a photo albumtelling about family history in the form of images, photos, records, newspaper clippings and other things that have a memorable value.
It should be noted that scrapbooking can not only be tied to the creation of a classic photo album, but also an album in the form of an accordion, a house, boxes, as well as cards.
The goal of scrapbooking is to keep photos and various memorable things about important, interesting and memorable events. for future generations.
Today, everyone knows that scrapbooking is handicraft, which consists in creating cards, albums, photo albums, photo frames of a certain subject, decorated with decorative objects. Dressing is the basis of this type of needlework. The hobby was known for a long time: in England, at the end of the sixteenth century, similar notebooks and books already existed. They stuck in and inscribed their thoughts, quotes, observations - these are peculiar diaries with sketches and ribbons. In such notebooks or notebooks were placed the little things of friends, girlfriends, verses and wishes were recorded. In the XVII century, J. Locke's book “A New Method for Creating a Notebook for Records” was published, which contributed to the popularization of such albums, notebooks. In Western countries, this hobby quickly began to spread. Everyone made notes that were interesting for themselves: someone wrote down recipes, poems, diary notes, others - proverbs and sayings. In Germany, notebooks were decorated with clippings from magazines, various engravings. What scrapbooking is, they learned in Russia in the eighteenth century - the fashion for albums reached Russian society.
This is a hobby that everyone is involved in - from small to large. After all, it is easy: children learn easily, and their imagination is rich. And today, when such a choice of accessories is in stores, the design of postcards and albums is made even more beautiful.
Materials and tools
In addition, modern industry produces a wide range of materials to create compositions, design notebooks. What to get a beginner to create your first job? First of all, you need a special paper for scrapbooking. Anyone who wants to learn a new lesson that will become an interesting hobby should be stocked up with scrap paper. It is not simple, and in its composition there are no substances that over the years can change its color. Lignin contained in other types of paper is absent in it, which makes it more dense. Scrap paper is available in various sizes and colors. It all depends on what will be made of it. Drawing can be put only on the one hand or from both. Designers work on paper style and make it themed. Each kind of it is designed for certain holidays, for children or adults. Like, for example, design, dedicated to the theme of travel or the New Year. Here, much attention is paid to the style: vintage, chebbi-chic, American. Scrap paper is sold whole sets, but you can find one sheet at a time. It should be stocked with sheets of cardboard, and sometimes - and corrugated cardboard.
Scrapbooking is not only cardboard and paper, but also various decorations. They emphasize the main elements on the page, give it the atmosphere, which was conceived by the author. These can be ribbons, flowers, buttons, stamps, clippings from colorful magazines, beads, and various pieces of fabric. Specialized stores for needlework offer a wide range of accessories, all kinds of pebbles, eyelets, which are made holes. Here you can choose rings for binding pages, figures from cardboard - cutting, stamps for page decoration. Scrapbooking for beginners assumes that the first product does not need so many decorative ornaments, but in the future creativity will need everything. The imagination will gradually develop, and the products will become more refined.
Tools for work
Everyone is familiar with stationery knives - they are always needed for a new hobby. Ordinary scissors and curly ones - with the help of them a beautiful curly edge is formed at the pages of postcards Well, if the scissors are of different sizes. In order to properly make markup, we need rulers of different shapes and lengths. The workplace should be properly organized: on the table should have a backing pad or rug on which everything will be cut. Often put a piece of linoleum on the table. Be sure to need the tape - the usual and bilateral.
It becomes clear what scrapbooking is: it is also a multitude of various tools. In the future, if the lesson becomes popular and becomes a real hobby, a sewing machine will also be needed. Sometimes you need to make a decorative line. Beautiful pictures can be found on the Internet and printed on a printer - it means that it may be required. On sale there is a wide choice of punchers with which it is possible to process edges, corners. There are curly punches.
A guillotine or cutter will also become a necessity. There are also machines to emboss or cut down figures. Many use binders to stitch albums.
One of the simple options is to make a postcard with an application in the scrapbooking style. Master class, presented for beginners, will master each. For work, you need a white thick paper, the base, on which a pink square is glued, pieces of colored paper, composters for making hearts of different sizes, double-sided tape and felt-tip pen. You need to take thick pink embossed paper and cut the edges with special scissors. The size of this square is less than half a centimeter white base.
For the hearts are selected colored sheets of paper, resembling a piece of cloth pattern. The paper should be selected in different colors, but it should be suitable for the range.
Three types of composter are used: 5 large hearts are cut, 5 medium ones and 5 small ones.
To create the effect of the fabric, dotted lines are drawn on the hearts with a felt-tip pen, departing from the edge of 2 mm. The edges of medium hearts are processed with curly scissors.
They are going to simply: glued together with double-sided tape.
Similarly, ready-made hearts are glued to the pink square. Holding the middle, the edges of each heart are bent - this makes the composition voluminous.
Gradually, learning all the nuances and tools, you can learn how to make different compositions. Needlewomen use different composters to produce butterfly figures, for example. Sometimes along the contour of the carved figures put paint of different shades. In stores you can buy sprays designed for this. And then the cards are unusual, very beautiful.
Especially impressive are the figures of butterflies, which are gentle, airy. Or owls, for example.
The combination of figures with accessories, ribbons, beads is also of great importance. Scrapbooking for beginners is primarily the design of postcards. To more complex subjects - photo albums, notebooks, books - should be transferred gradually.
After mastering the initial stage, you will want to make congratulations in this style for every holiday. Each product should be approached thoughtfully: take into account the age of the addressee, his tastes and the holiday with which I would like to congratulate.
Gradually it becomes clear what scrapbooking is. Those who have little experience, are divided with all kinds of decorations for decoration. One of them is considered a spinner, which is done by cutting a circle of the right size.
With the help of the composter, small circles are knocked out, which are folded and glued to the thread. Or they are folded, getting triangles.
They stick together, the middle is made out - and the decoration is ready. It remains only to slightly raise the edges and add volume to the flower.
All in creativity
Buttons are perfectly used in scrapbooking: a huge amount of them accumulates in every man’s house. Therefore, you can always choose the right buttons in shape and color and use them. Retro-style is very popular, which requires the aging of paper or the use of elements of another historical era. In any case, scrapbooking with your own hands will help to create unforgettable gifts, memorable cards for friends and relatives.
Handmade products have recently become in high demand. It would seem that technological progress is advancing, automatic machines have replaced the manual labor of man. But at the same time, the charm was also lost in the products: all of them were made by the machine clearly, smoothly, colorfully, but soullessly. Only the hands of the master, his mood, and elation make the handicraft so attractive for a person. And to those who receive a similar gift, he brings joy and a positive state.
My story about how I became a scrapbooker))) How to find customers? Scrapbooking - How to start? What to buy for a beginner scrapbooker.
My story began apparentlya long time ago, because without false modesty I can say that I am a versatile person, creative, keen on. She was a dancer in a school, studied at a music school, participated in various competitions, and even on behalf of the school participated in writing a book. She loved to draw and even wanted to become a designer, but she didn’t grow together somehow (she became a lawyer, then she was still creative))))
However, with age, institute and work time was not enough for such active events, and my hands itched to do something such)))
It all began, of course, with postcards to friends and relatives, then I didn’t think much at all, did it and that's it, so it was nice for people))) I also made notepads for myself, gliders, good on the Internet is full of master classes. But I can't I did not think to do it seriously!
In preparation for your wedding , I learned a lot of master classes in decorating champagne bottles, glasses, family hearth, creating invitations, jewelry boxes and books of wishes. As a result, everything at the wedding was done with my hands: invitations, champagne, glasses, candles, a seating arrangement for guests, a wish book, name cards, bonbonnieres (candy boxes for guests), and much more.
Then my inexorable desire to develop led me to try to make an album for photos. And then just 2 weddings were scheduled))))
As a result, 2 very tolerable albums came out, one in binding, the other on rings:
Then, on my son's birthday, my friends wanted to do the album is more complicated with decorated turns + soft photo frame:
After this, the word of mouth has already worked and in 1 month I received 5 orders for albums!
The hardest thing was to determine the price.since the prices for materials are not cheap at all, and I still didn’t have any tools, but I didn’t want to overstate, it was scary that people would be frightened and refuse to order. Therefore, I put average prices: the cost of materials + 50% of their cost per work.
Practically everything I received from orders, I invested money in tools and new materials!
Here is what I acquired at the beginning of the scrap-path:
- Construction knife (solid, not Kantsellyar),
- Glue moment crystal
- Glue stick,
- Thick a3-size binding paperboard (I have left from paper for aquaryl) I was cutting it for the first time,
- Scrapbuma (art-pattern is a budget option in joint procurement) acquired atdetky themes and neutral shades (mint, pink, beige),
- Paper for Watercolors / Pastels with a density of 260g a3 (Palazzo, 298r for 20l.),
- Paper for Watercolors / Pastels with a density of 200g. (any cheap)
- A couple of types of fabrics that fit together.
Of course, for each project it was necessary to purchase additional materials, such as various ribbons, waxed cords, chipboards, frames, cutting, brads, anchors and much more.
Here are my work done with a minimum of tools and materials:
The soul began to demand more!))I really wanted to buy a crop-file installer of eyelets, but spending 2,500 rubles on it was completely unreasonable, so a gift was received from my husband Gutter installer KW-trio! By the way, not very bad installs grommets 4.8 mm without any problems, even the cheapest with Ali (those that 5 mm flatten a little, but not critical). The installer bought in Citylink, just for 600 rubles.! With him in scrapbooking, I was already able to make fasteners for gums for passport / birth certificates, various tags and attachments in albums with decorated turns.
Then I realized that I spend a lot of time on measuring the sheets on the ruler. It was decided to buy Mat for cutting, the size immediately A2.This is the THING I'll tell you so)))) How I worked without him, I don't even know very easy job for me!
With him, I began to make all sorts of boxes, my mother's treasures, boxes:
By the way, separately I would like to say about customers!
People are all different, their desires are also different. And they do not always agree with yours. If you initially understand that the client wants what you absolutely do not want to do - DENIAL! Otherwise, your creativity will be ruined. BUT, if you are offered to do something unusual, something that you have never done, but would like to try - TAKE CARE for such a project! Sometimes you need to leave the comfort zone!
Not so long ago did set of wedding accessories))
Loved it to do! Directly you feel the happiness of the newlyweds and from this you create all of this with particular trepidation)))
The set includes: A heart shaped pad for pillows, a book of wishes, a family hearth, bows for champagne and glasses.
To find customers for your work you need to learn select suitable materials and you need to use and expensive! For example, american materials They look very stylish and very expensive, but the customers, in the bulk, are ready to pay more for quality materials!
Also need to actively follow the fashion in scrapbooking! For example, now actively in stylish works of the best masters are used:
- Leather / Leatherette / Eco-leather - products made of it are very succinct and practical),
- Thermal transfer film - absolutely at the peak of fashion in the scrap))) its methods of use can be Google,
- Metal signs with the name (Passport, Autodocuments, Handmade) - for example, from Jeanne Khusnulina,
- Embossing - has long been an integral part of scrapbooking,
- American paper and especially American chipboards (cardboard cutting),
- Gold and shiny elements - they are now everywhere)).
It seems to be the main listed))
As a result :
I can say that SCRAPBOOKING is not a cheap hobby at all!
I spend most of my salary for half a year on materials and tools, but you can still make money on it! The main thing is to buy materials wisely, and not just everything that you like))
Since I combine the main work with scrap, I do not have much time for this hobby, so this is more for fun, not for making money)
But, but all my acquaintances will soon have wonderful albumies, passport covers, document folders, and a lot of other things. done with a soul)))
“Scrapbooking from scratch. First stage "
The first stage of the course is designed to obtain basic skills and knowledge. It consists of 5 lessons of 4 hours and 1 lesson of 5 hours
1 lesson. Introduction to the course. Information foundation and first skills.
• What is “Scrapbooking”, briefly about the works of this type of creativity.
• Review of basic materials in scrapbooking:
- Paper and cardboard, its main types, methods and scope. Very detailed review, comparison, practical recommendations. Where can one buy.
- Jewelry in scrapbooking. Overview of the main types of jewelry, the area and methods of their application. Where can one buy.
- Adhesive materials (basic, for the initial stage). Review, comparison, scope. Where can one buy..
• The first and foremost skill is paper and cardboard cutting. How correctly, conveniently and safely to do it. Subtleties and secrets of work.
• Fastening a lesson: creating a postcard using various types of paper and decorations. Everyone will create a postcard with their own hands.
• The main features of quality work in scrapbooking and the basic mistakes of beginners
• Answers on questions
2 occupation. Work with tools. Creating a mini album.
• Detailed review and comparison of basic tools (from simple to complex). How to use and non-standard ways of use, as well as how to replace some tools. Discussion and recommendations of the master. A lot of useful and valuable information. Everyone will get hands-on experience with tools.
• Scoring. Ways and tools. How to make scoring correctly and beautifully and how to fix some “shoals”.
• Creating a clamshell album of the original design.
• Answers on questions.
3 occupation. Composition and harmony in scrapbooking. Part 1.
• One of the most important and necessary lessons! At the lesson we will study in detail, a few hours, the composition and principles of its construction, the main mistakes, and also we will talk about color, shape, style, how to make the work harmonious and stylish. This master class is based on personal observations, experience, analysis and practice of the master.
• Create a postcard for a cash gift.
• Answers on questions.
4 occupation. Композиция и гармония в скрапбукинге. Part 2
• We continue to work on the study of composition, because this very voluminous subject requires special attention. And also we will discuss how to work with photos, how to arrange them in the works.
• Create a scrap page.
• Answers on questions.
5 occupation. Album on a spring with a closed spine (theme: universal).
• Create an album with a hard paper cover. Features create neat and beautiful covers covered with paper with beautiful and neat corners. Installing the spring. Page decor. The size of the album is 15 * 15cm. Based on this master class and the knowledge gained from constructive calculations, you will be able to create similar albums and other sizes.
• Answers on questions.
6 occupation. The album on the rings in the fabric cover (the theme of your choice).
• Creating an album in a soft fabric cover. Features create neat and beautiful soft fabric covers. Grommets installation. Cover decor and page layout. The size of the album is 17 * 19cm.
• Various ways of creating folding elements in the album, folding beds and their fastening.
• Answers on questions.
• Tea drinking, presentation of certificates and surprise for course participants.
The cost of 1 step 9500 rubles. All materials are included in the price.
Scrapbooking - what is it and where to start
Scrapbooking for beginners is a kind of manual creativity, which is based on the design and production of photo albums, the original storage of family photos, personal stories in the form of photos, drawings, newspaper clippings, records. The original wedding and New Year's albums, personal diary, invitation card, gift box, picture, book, cover, envelope for money will be very beautiful. Scrapbooking and beginners are suitable, it is worth picking up simple options, having mastered that it will be possible to move on to complex schemes.
At its core, scrapbooking acts as a peculiar way of storing stories, using tactile and visual techniques that replace the story. The photo album should be decorated in a special way and consist of individual leaves, each of which will express a complete thought (collage). Such original albums should cover one topic - the birth of a child, a wedding. For beginning masters, there are ready-made schemes (sketches).
On the territory of Russia, Dembel's albums, in which not only photographs, but also drawings, collages, interesting caricatures, wishes, and addresses of colleagues, are widely popular. The production of such original albums is done by soldiers who are novice craftsmen, and everything you need can be collected during the service.
All photographs available in the house in the scrapbooking style simply do not make sense, so a specific theme must be chosen, after which a photo will be selected for it. Beginning masters of scrapbooking can tire a long time to create a masterpiece, but after making a few elements, there will be a desire to continue to engage in this art.
What you need for scrapbooking
Scrapbooking for beginners requires patience, preparation of materials. Immediately you want to buy a lot of things for work, but do not buy too expensive tools. For beginners in scrapbooking, you need to pick up a starting set of tools that are not very expensive, and anyone who wants a beginner can get them. It is not necessary to buy professional tools used by experienced scrapbooking masters.
If it was decided to engage in this kind of art, beginner needlework scrapbooking will need the following materials:
- scissors (several types),
- Double-sided tape,
- paper and pencil
- sewing machine,
- shaped hole punch
- buttons, ribbons, rhinestones,
- cardboard or mat for cutting,
- rubber stamps,
- ruler and scissors.
Beginners of scrapbooking should have such tools:
- It is necessary to take several types of scissors (small and large).
- Double-sided scotch tape, special adhesive tape for a photo.
- A simple PVA is ideal for gluing paper.
- Special figured punchers will be needed, but there is no need to buy more than 2 pieces for beginning masters of scrapbooking.
- For a beautiful and original decoration of the notebook, photo frames can be used ribbons of various thickness, rhinestones, buttons or other decorative materials that will be at hand.
- For cutting parts fit simple cardboard or thick old magazines.
- Scrapbooking for beginners does not require too many tools, so it is not necessary to purchase a sewing machine, it is not always necessary. Instead, take a simple thick needle or thin awl.
- It will take only a few rubber stamps, in the kit to which you need stamp pads. Wet wipes can be used to clean the dies, but only those that do not contain alcohol, beginner scrapers can wash them with warm water and soap.
- Experienced masters of scrapbooking use installer eyelets, and beginners can in specialized sewing stores to buy sets to install them.
- Line with scissors will replace a special cutter (a simple metal ruler, stationery knife).
Sketches of scrapbooking for beginners will help to significantly facilitate the step by step process of creating original photo albums, postcards, notebooks. For beginning masters, sketches will become a real lifesaver, because they can give new ideas, inspiration while creating the original album for a photo, a frame, a notebook. If it does not come out to make your own scrap-page, you should pay attention to ready-made templates (blanks) for scrapbooking.
What it is?
Scrapbooking is a type of handmade art, which involves the original design of photo albums, photographs, as well as cards and souvenir gizmos. Initially, such creativity was a way to store family or personal information or history.
Various newspaper clippings, photographs, notes, drawings and other trivia related to certain events or stages of life were used. In general, the name consists of two words and is translated as “clipping” and “book,” that is, literally, the term “scrapbooking” can be translated as “book from clippings”.
Today, this technique has become popular among the fair sex. It is used for the manufacture of children's, personal or family albums, frames for photos and cards, as well as for the design of some important items or accessories, such as strands of children's hair, tags from the hospital and the like.
Finished products can be devoted to individual events (wedding, a holiday, birth of a child), as well as entire periods, such as childhood years or family life.
A bit of history
When scrapbooking appeared and began to develop, it is not exactly known. But the first mentions of collecting memorable things in albums date back to 1598. In those distant times, people were so eager for something sublime that they began to collect quotes, their own observations, poems or passages of some works and paste them into albums in order to dive into the memories sometimes.
Such notebooks became especially popular in England at the beginning of the 18th century. Around that time, so-called books of friends appeared. For example, in Germany, girls collected strands of hair of their close friends, wove them into intricate patterns and decorated them with flowers, ribbons, and beads.
But then scrapbooking suggested a set of some sketches, notes and clippings, not related to each other. And modern technology, on the contrary, implies a certain general theme, a single thought or direction. And the final form of scrapbooking took only in the XIX century.
Then in Germany in the mid-20s, albums with lithographs, engravings, and images began to appear, and they began to be cut and collected in albums. In addition, the invention of photography has become an important step in the formation of such a technique.
How to start?
How to learn to make original accessories, how to master scrapbooking? To do this, you can visit a master class, learn a few step-by-step instructions, or read the training videos. In fact, it is easy to start, no special skills are required, you just need to be patient and, of course, with everything you need.
And remember that the comfort and speed of your training, as well as the characteristics and appearance of the finished products will depend on the quality of the tools and materials.
So, what is required for the development of technology? List of basic tools and devices:
- Paper. Used special, resistant to fading. Density can be different, it all depends on the destination. So, for a basis dense paper is used, for manufacturing of details - thinner. And you can buy a finished album.
- The ruler is required for measurements.
- Stationery knife. They are convenient to cut.
- Scissors. You will need several types: ordinary, as well as a variety of curly.
- The hole punch is used both for stapling sheets and for creating figured perforations (but you will need a specialized tool or nozzle).
- Adhesive materials: PVA glue for fastening paper parts, universal glue for gluing various elements, adhesive pads, double-sided tape and so on.
- A variety of writing tools: pens, crayons (watercolor, oil and others), markers with different effects, and so on.
- Fasteners for albums.
- Stamps or stencils to create three-dimensional drawings.
A variety of elements can be used for decoration, including improvised, seemingly unnecessary elements: buttons, ribbons, bows, pieces of fabrics, photographs, laces, beads, rhinestones, laces, stickers, magazine clippings, newspapers and books, and so on. .
A large selection of tools and materials for scrapbooking at low prices can be found in the shop Skrapodelie.
At the moment there are the following scrapbooking styles:
- Vintage style (or fake). This area is peculiar to the use of vintage pictures, images or photographs, as well as some historical accessories and objects, such as postcards, decorations, postage stamps, emblems and emblems. The colors must correspond to the specific period from which all elements of the product are borrowed.
- Heritage (this word is translated as "heritage"). This style is usually used to design old family or personal photos. A special feature is the use of a special color spectrum, characteristic for the period to which the photos belong.
- "Shabby chic" or "worn chic." A characteristic feature is the use of artificially aged parts. It may seem that they have been used by someone for a long time and slightly rubbed off from active exploitation and time. This is achieved with the help of various abrasions, a certain flabbiness, as well as supposedly sunburnt muted pastel tones.
- American style is considered a classic and has a large number of decorative elements. But at the same time, the focus is on the photo, and the decorations only complement the basic idea and do not stand out from the general background.
- European style is characterized by restraint and rigor. The main elements, as a rule, are photographs that are cut out in the form of some figures or along certain contours (necessarily sharp). Usually there are several photos (more than three) on one page, but there should be few decorative details.
- Clean and Simple. The main characteristics of this direction: the predominance of rectangular or square elements, simple shapes and clear lines, the minimum number of decorative elements, one font, a certain graphic, one background (usually light). The product may look like an assembled puzzle, in which there is nothing superfluous.
- Free style. Usually a light color is used as a background, and bright accents are placed on it. Bold combinations, various interesting fonts and handwritten phrases, original creative compositions are welcome.
- Mixed media is a mix of different directions. But combining styles, it is important not to overload the product and not to make it too complicated or tasteless. In addition, all the elements to be combined should have something in common so that the composition does not seem to be fragmented.
There are several scrapbooking techniques:
- Distressing is a technique that allows you to age elements. There are several variations of the application: craquelure, the creation of abrasions or scratches, torn edges, toning, the use of so-called distress ink (after drying, they look as if they have been unevenly erased or burned out).
- Stamping involves the use of stamps, applicators and ink to create a variety of elements.
- Embossing (squeezing convex drawings). This technique has two varieties: wet embossing (elements are created by heating and subsequent melting of specialized powder) and embossing (squeezing of patterns through stencils onto the substrate, for example, foil, metal or paper).
What can be made?
Using the scrapbooking technique, you can make a lot of original products, for example, a variety of postcards for all occasions, photo frames, beautiful jewelry boxes for storing trifles, frames for some important accessories, a memorable wedding, fun kids, amazing family or bright New Year album and many many others.