Today is the proudest day of my life. Picture of me high fiving myself pic.twitter.com/tCZ53T5JSx
The fashion for the so-called “give yourself five” selfies began with North Carolina State University engineer Seth Schneider, who shared a good photo last weekend. “Today is the most important day of my life. I successfully photographed myself, giving myself five, ”he wrote.
This tweet was shared over 170 thousand times, and he scored more than 430 thousand likes.
Top model Bella Hadid picked up the trend and shared a tweet of Seth on her twentieth birthday on October 9th.
After the appearance of the tweet, a discussion arose, where Seth explained how he took the picture without using a timer. At the same time, he twice dropped the phone on the bathroom floor. This is how Seth amused himself by hiding from the hurricane Matthew, which passed through the territory of the United States.
Why did he not use the timer? “This is not fun. So you need to press a button and do everything quickly, ”the guy replies. His photo inspired dozens of people around the world to do the same: risk the phone for selfies.
- Matthew K. Garr (@YourMajestyMatt) October 9, 2016
- joshewa spooked (@joshoewuh) October 9, 2016
Having achieved a perfect result, users posted their pictures in response to Set's tweet.
What it is?
Selfies are essentially a photo self-portrait. What does this word mean? From English, it translates as "self", but some at one time called such pictures "crossbows" or "shambles." Most often, these photos are taken from a distance of an outstretched hand, which, strictly speaking, holds a camera or other photographing device. Often part of the hand is visible in the photo.
But sometimes they use special devices and functions for getting selfies: timers, self-trips, tripods, and so on. But most often the role of the best helper is played by a simple mirror, which allows you not only to take a picture, but to see in advance what it will be.
A bit of history
The story of self-love goes back to the days when portable cameras began to appear. The first one was released by the well-known company Kodak in 1900. And already at that time, the cameras were mounted on tripods, and the photographers themselves actively used mirrors to create normal photographs.
In 1914, Grand Duchess Anastasia Nikolaevna, in her thirteen years, took her own photo using a mirror. She sent a picture in a letter to her friend, indicating that she took the photo herself, and this was not easy for her, as her hands shook so much.
The term “selfie” was first used in 2002 in Australia, and was discussed in one of the online forums. Then this concept was touched by the photographer Jim Krause in 2005, but such pictures were already actively taken by ordinary people.
A certain role in the development of self played social networks. So, in 2000, the MySpace network was popular, and so-called “self-shots” appeared in user profiles quite often. But then the world almost conquered the social network FaceBook. And in the period from 2006 to 2009, selfies became not just unpopular, but even shameful.
Such photos were considered remnants of the past and a sign of bad taste. But around 2010, the first mobile devices appeared with front-facing cameras, which made it possible to make high-quality and sometimes simply amazing selfies.
In 2012, this word was included in the list of the most youthful and fashionable. And photo self-portraits were laid out not only by teenagers and young people. Pope Francis himself posted on the Internet selfies, on which he was captured with tourists. And in 2013, the concept was included in the Oxford English Dictionary.
How to do?
How to make an original and high-quality selfie? For you, the most important rules for creating such images:
- The first important rule is proper lighting. The light source should be in front of you, but above eye level (otherwise you will squint in the photo due to strong light). It is best to choose a source of natural daylight, for example, a window. The lamp is also suitable, but its light should be daylight and white, and not yellow at all (in this case, your face will also be yellow in the photo). If the light is behind you, then the sense of self will be lost, because instead of the face in the photo there will be only the outline of your head.
- Tilt your head slightly. This will make your face more feminine, slim and highlight the cheekbones. In addition, you need to turn the head a little and move it forward to avoid the appearance of a second chin.
- Choose the most successful angle for yourself. Stand in front of the mirror and start posing. And when you see the most successful posture, which will hide all the flaws and it is advantageous to emphasize the merits, remember it and sharpen it to the smallest detail. But remember that you need to use different poses, so choose a few, otherwise your pictures will be monotonous and banal. By the way, unnatural facial expressions (for example, folded lips) are irrelevant today. Be natural, everybody likes it.
- The background is very important. So if you decide to take a selfie, make sure that there is nothing in the background that you shouldn't get into the frame (for example, your underwear, bottles, trash, etc.). And some manage to make such pictures, which are becoming the most popular. And all because the background is selected correctly. So, seeing interesting and beautiful landscapes or finding yourself in unusual places, by all means reach for your phone or camera and take a selfie. It will probably go down in history.
- For girls, it is important how they look. The ideal option would be light makeup. Just hide the skin defects and slightly emphasize facial features. If you are lucky with your skin, show your natural beauty and be proud of it.
- Use a mirror. It will help you make a smart selfie, as you will see your reflection and will be able to adjust facial expressions and posture.
- If there is no mirror, then the front camera will come to the rescue.
- Today it is fashionable to take selfies in unusual places and under unexpected circumstances. But in the pursuit of a gorgeous snapshot, remember tact and relevance. Not always and not everywhere shooting will be appropriate. For example, in a church or at a funeral, it is better to forget about the photo, you will be misunderstood.
- Take pictures with famous and interesting people, as well as with animals, such selfies become especially popular.
- Do not be afraid to use processing. Today there are a lot of photo processing programs, so learn the basics and edit photos to achieve the best result. But do not overdo it, otherwise you just will not be recognized in the picture.
- Do not turn a selfie into the meaning of your life, do not strive to take photos always and everywhere, in the eyes of others you will not look the best. But at the same time, a camera or a camera phone can always be at your fingertips, which will allow you to capture the most interesting and bright moments.
- Too frank selfies should not be put on display, it went and can ruin your reputation.
Top most original selfies
Selfies do today as ordinary people of all ages and professions, and the stars. We invite you to find out which selfie is the most popular and original:
- The first most popular selfie was a picture of Barack Obama and his wife Michelle.
- At the 86th Oscar Awards, renowned actress and presenter of this ceremony, Ellen DeGeneres, along with popular actor Bradley Cooper made just a smart selfie, which captured many famous Hollywood stars around the world. Photos quickly scattered across the expanses of the Internet and became incredibly popular.
- Many probably saw a picture that was taken by one of the climbers who climbed to the top of Everest.
- Cosmonaut Mike Hopkinks took a picture while in outer space.
- Amazed by all self Ferdinand Puentas. This man is not popular, but he made his selfie in the open ocean. And everything would be fine, but Ferdinand is the surviving passenger of the plane that crashed over the Pacific Ocean. And in the background you can see this very submersible plane.
- Sometimes celebrities and important people make mistakes too. For example, at the farewell ceremony for Nelson Mandela, Barack Obama and British Prime Minister Cameron decided to have fun and take a selfie. This rash act is still being discussed.
- A lot of self-made Prime Minister of the Russian Federation Dmitry Medvedev. And each shot has become very popular.
- Selfies were made even on the statue of Jesus Christ in Brazil.
- Not so long ago, a picture was taken in which several young people settled down on the highest skyscraper in Dubai.
- Funny came the photo with a kangaroo. Both grimace in the picture: the author of the photo and the animal.
Now you know everything about selfie and you can take your stunning picture.
Head of hair
Oh, those luxurious hairs of girls leading Instagram ... Each selfie is always accompanied not only by puffy lips, but also by an incredible shock, which even in shampoo commercials are not always seen. In fact, the secret is simple - the hair is well whipped, and then transferred to one side specifically for the photo. Next, the picture can be cropped so that only the part where the hair is more magnificent is visible. Voila! Have you already started to worry that you do not have such hair?
Make up especially for selfies? Yes, easily! The contour make-up, which in everyday life looks too dramatic, is ideal for photographing yourself as a loved one - the main thing is to highlight the cheekbones, just like Kate Moss in the best years. And the cheeks should be pale pink like a doll ... When the picture is ready, do not forget to write that today you are incredibly tired and really want to sleep. Let everyone know how great you look at the end of a hard working day, here it is - true beauty!
Duck lips and lush hair are not even as important as perfect eyebrows! Every self-respecting self-maniac they should be clear, contrast and wide. Photos of eyebrows are so popular that girls sometimes spread only them, cutting off everything else - and eyebrows live some kind of their own separate life ...
Hip "with a gap"
Another way to demonstrate to the world its beauty and slimness is to take a picture so that there is a “gap” between the thighs: they say, my legs are so thin that there is a gap between the thighs! In Instagram, beauties who have achieved this degree of thinness can be found on the hashtag #ThighGap.
Round ass "in profile"
When the hips “with a gap” have already been photographed - and more than once, it’s time to move on to the next Internet trend - photographing your perfect, athletic, pumped (list of epithets can continue indefinitely) priests "in profile." The good news is that it is not necessary to go to the gym. You just need to turn sideways to the mirror, slightly bend one leg and pull back the fifth point - in this perspective, the priest will look the best.
True, to demonstrate this part of the body, you need to come up with some plausible excuse. And then someone might think that you just wanted to show everyone the ass! For example, write that you bought a new shorts or just stay in a great mood, as evidenced by your playful position at the mirror.
We continue the theme of harmony (if not to say thin) and sports ... A bikini bridge is when you see your belly so sunken in the photo that the bikini is stretched to its hip bones. Girls who are confident that it is this gap between the stomach and shorts that guarantees them the most likes, while on vacation they will only bikini-bridge, and not some boring gulls out there against the blue sky! By the way, you can find a selection of photo masterpieces with the participation of cowards on the #BikiniBridge hashtag.
A photo without makeup is another network trend that has not bypassed, it seems, no one. The fashion for naturalness and make-up in nude style turned out that girls post their pictures a la naturel. And everything would be fine, but the variety of filters on Instagram and the possibility of color correction work better than any make-up artist. These “natural photos” are essentially the same deception as contour makeup - it would be more interesting to look at real photos before the owners of natural beauty worked on brightness, contrast and white balance.
Selfie in the gym
Selfies in the gym - this is an indicator that you are not wasting your time, and work on your physical form. The fashion for "fitons" and a healthy lifestyle, of course, did not bypass the residents of Instagram - you need to come to the gym at least to take a picture and show off. But to raise the bar and the splits do not necessarily sit down!
2. Use optimal backlight
Just say that fashionable selfie is obtained only with natural light. Therefore, it is best to take photos during the day when the sun is shining. You can also just go to the window, select a successful position and click on the camera button of your gadget.
Optimal lighting is important for many reasons. Suffice it to mention that it helps to hide some of the bumps and other defects that exist on the skin. It is not necessary to put yourself in order for hours to make a fashionable selfie. Just use this advice.
3. Use beauty products
Every girl has her favorite lipstick. A great tool to highlight feminine beauty is the highlighter. In a matter of moments, the face can transform, get the missing freshness and expressive look. But all this affects the quality of self. A trained face increases the chances of making a fashionable photo.
5. Decide in advance with the pose.
You can improvise. However, if you chose an optimal posture beforehand, then the chance to make an interesting picture increases. In this case, you can continue to use it, making pictures. Many stars of show business, preparing their next fashionable selfie, use the same position. Still, fans really like the shot.
6. Make more use of filters and applications.
A classic example is instagram. Immediately after shooting, anyone can apply filters, use a number of interesting tools, and also crop a photo. In addition, there are lots of great photo editors that will help improve the frame. But you need to understand that fashionable selfie depends on the correct processing. Do not be too zealous, otherwise it will be difficult to find out.
7. Choose the maximum resolution.
It is also worth more actively use the camera settings. The higher the resolution, the more space the image will take. But modern gadgets have a large memory, besides, users can insert a USB flash drive. Maximum resolution will allow to highlight all the advantages of the look, emphasize its expressiveness and originality.
8. A piece of clothing should be visible.
If you want to get a fashionable selfie, then try to raise your smartphone or another gadget above your head. Thus, you can take off not only the face, but also a piece of clothing. And this is an addition to the image, therefore - there is an opportunity to diversify it noticeably. Many fashionable selfies that people see on social networks are made this way. In addition, anyone today can purchase a special monopod.
9. Watch the glossy editions carefully.
Of course, you should not completely copy the image of a popular star, which makes numerous fashionable selfies. But, looking at glossy magazines, you can emphasize something for yourself, see the hiding techniques that help popular individuals make worthy selfies. Using these secrets, and you can each make fashionable photos.
10. Change places
Taking pictures near a mirror or in bed for a long time is an indicator of banality. You can make cool shots, being, for example, at a concert or on the beach. There are lots of places where everyone can easily prepare an interesting, and most importantly - a live photo. And finally: do not be afraid to experiment with images. It helps to get completely different photos in the same place.
Everything ingenious is simple, so these simple tips will help you learn how to properly do yourself.